LogMeIn Pro

Write a Review!
Remote access tool for individuals & small businesses

3.7/5
4.4/5
4.3/5
4.0/5

Great tool for remote support

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

It has been a good experience. Is the app to go when you need a quick remote session to solve problems in a windows / desktop environment.

Pros

LogMeIn Pro is a powerful and corporate application forremote support in a production business environment.
The tools and options to make the remote support experience complete, is what i like the most on this app.
It has great compatibility across diferente devices and Operative System. That fact, makes it an industry standard for nowadays support services.

Cons

I would like to have a more friendly user interface for LogMeIn. I feel that the GUI is a little outdated.
Also, we could use more frequent updates to fix bugs and errors.

Lindsey

Started off great but has gone downhill over the last couple of years.

Reviewed on 7/9/2021

I was introduced to this product at my previous place of employment and was impressed with it so I went with it without considering other products when we started our own business back in 2009. This product started off flawlessly at a great price. As the price has gone up quite a bit since then, the quality of the experience has not improved but has gotten worse. The connection speeds are slower, the picture quality is grainy, and the keyboard shortcuts don't work consistently. I have been testing Zoho assist and they do not have these issues and it is half the price. We are going to be cancelling our membership with Logmein Pro at the end of the auto renew period.

Pros

We have used this product since 2012. In 2012 the product cost $39.95 annually which was very reasonable and the product was reliable and did what we needed it to do.

Cons

Since 2012 the cost has creeped up to $350 annually. In the last 1-2 years the product's connection speed is slower and the keyboard shortcuts sometimes don't work which is annoying.

When it works it is very good, but it fails quite often

Reviewed on 1/4/2020

We started looking for other options a year ago and we have started migrating to a more reliable and less expensive service. As a user of Logmein for 10+ years I do not recommend them at all, it is time to move on.

Pros

Initially it was very solid and provided great remote access and feature functions

Cons

The reliability is awful and their customer service can't do much about it as it is an infrastructure problem. The worst part is that they increase pricing to almost double every year and the quality of the service declines.

Kurt
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Perfect web-based or client based access to your work PCs.

Reviewed on 31/1/2022

Perfect for when government mask mandates are in effect, when business locations need to close for the pandemic, or just when our users need to quarantine themselves. We can just leave everyone at home and they can remote into their PCs at work. And when network speed is a must for at home users, being able to access a PC physically located on the internal network is a huge help.

Pros

The ease of use and product features are what I like most. Screen-blanking features for HR purposes, multi-monitor use for picky Engineers, and being able to manage all through LogMeIn Central. Also, the secure link between the User PC at home, the servers at LogMeIn, and the PCs on our network was also a huge benefit.

Cons

There is a small learning curve when trying to teach our users the difference between their LogMeIn accounts and their domain accounts, but they get it eventually.

Too expensive, but works really well

Reviewed on 10/4/2018

Pros

This VNC application works great on your phone or on your computer. The phone handles mouse cursor movement very intuitively, scrolling the screen instead of a mouse using swipe type gestures. It feels very natural. Lag is usually low if you have a good internet connection.

Cons

This software is very expensive if you need to deploy it on more than a few machines. We're talking hundreds of dollars a year. There are so many free alternatives, that if you care about money, this might not be the best solution for you.

Yasmin
  • Industry: Accounting

Not Worth $$$

Reviewed on 28/9/2019

I used it for over 3 years. In the last year they automatically gave me the Central version for 6 months with no fee. Then sent me a bill for a renewal for 3 x's what I paid the year before. I immediately shopped and got another program for 1/10 of the cost with all the features, bells and whistles.

Pros

The ability to access a computer remotely.

Cons

The price and the way they do business. Deceptive.

I love, love LogMeIn.

Reviewed on 16/4/2018

I really do not have a con to put here. I love the software and have used it for years and years successfully.

Pros

This software is the greatest. It is easy to use. It is easy to setup. You can easily remote access computers from anywhere.

GRACE
GRACE
  • Used for 2+ years

Log Me In Pro

Reviewed on 16/7/2019

i have used this software while on vacation because of time sensitive tasks that needed completing, I have used it in cases where I just couldn't get into the office because of bad weather. Business doesn't stop for anything and this software gives me the ability to work from any where.

Pros

I really like that I can log into my work PC day or night. It is easy to use and gives me the freedom to work outside of my office. I have access to everything on my work PC. I cannot say enough good stuff about this software.

Cons

I cannot think of anything. I have been using the software for sometime and never have problems with the software.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Good for customer support

Reviewed on 1/12/2018

Pros

Great solution for remote management and help desk software for enterprise PC support.

Cons

Connection can be slow at times, and doesn't play well with ultra wide monitors.

Fantastic to look after parents when away

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Pros

We all have parents which need technical support, and this is an easy way to help them when things go wrong. Easy to install and generally works flawlessly to connect to their computer and fix things. There are free options out there such as teamviewer, but this is super easy to setup.

Cons

Prices went up recently, so not as attractive compared to free options. But a solid option if you want something easy to manage.

Jeff

LogMeIn works exactly as described

Reviewed on 6/5/2021

Fantastic!! I have used it every work day (and sometimes when not scheduled to work) to access my work pc setup. I use it on an i7-6700 with 16gb ram and 2 x 27" HP monitors at home, almost the same setup as in work and the experience is almost identical to sitting at the machine. Both sides of the equation have 100Mb+ connections.

Pros

Since remote working was enforced in Ireland in 2020, LogMeIn has been the backbone of my work day and it has never failed me. I really like the separate file manager and multi-monitor setups.

Cons

I really like the clipboard sync feature, but it could do with a reset button on the interface as sometimes when the remote computer locks, the clipboard sync does not work until the connection is ended fresh connection is established.

Peter
  • Industry: Fishery

Always on the Go!

Reviewed on 21/3/2019

Pros

I am constantly on the move with my business. While I do not sit in and office, I am constantly on the move presenting and promoting our business to potential customers. As I am on the road, it is sometimes difficult to manage all of the tasks that would be easy to do from the computer in my office. LogMeIn Central allows me to access my desktop in my office from anywhere in the world in which I have an internet connection. The responsiveness of the software seamlessly allows me to complete tasks as LogMeIn is essentially acting as a portal view to my own computer. This allows me to complete even the most demanding tasks such as multimedia presentations and programs which are very hardware demanding. Before having purchased this software, I was stuck with using a thumb drive and I would have to rely on the computer that was available to me which made my company that much less efficient.

Cons

I had a difficult time setting up the remote server at first. I had to seek the help of my on call IT person to assist me in getting this set up on my computer in my office but once I did It was smooth sailing from there.

Mark

Best and most affordable remote app in the market

Reviewed on 31/1/2018

Pros

This is the most affordable remote desktop app. It is compatible with Windows, MAC. The best part I like is the remote file access capabilities, and grouping the computers. This saves a lot of time. I use this instead of VPN. Just install the app and start remote desktop. Saved a lot of time providing support.

Cons

Once in a while for some reason, on mac the remote access would be disabled automatically. I have to keep turning it on which is kind of annoying.

Kaes

Ist climbed up quickly

Reviewed on 22/1/2020

During my time using this software I had no issues and it was seamless and fast, just didn't appreciate the significant price increase when other competitors were providing similar service at a lower price point. Sorry.

Pros

Was great with fast connection, seamless operation, rich features including file sharing, drag and drop etc...

Cons

Price: increased quite a lot, used it for several years but because of cost, we had to switch to another competitor.

Oliver

Remote data and computer management

Reviewed on 7/2/2018

Pros

Was eventually useful for controlling iMacs at work at two different locations. Allowed for simple file transfer options and whiteboard feature decent for collaboration with others when out of office.

Cons

Expensive renewal options. Only allows remote control of two computers and price goes up quickly if more computers or locations required. Cheaper and as effective alternatives exist.

Tina

Wonderful Tool

Reviewed on 16/9/2021

The ability to run payroll remotely or pay liabilities if you didn't get to it during the day; can print reports either at the computer's location or at your desk; can assist another person sitting at the remote computer

Pros

Ability to remotely "sit" at another desktop without leaving your office! Or you forgot to retrieve a file, with this you can just login and print it at your desk!

Cons

I have not found anything that I don't particularly like about the product. Haven't used all the available options, but the ones I have work great

Beverly
  • Industry: Government Administration

Logmein Review

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Overall it is a good product and makes working outside of the office easier.

Overall it is a good product and makes working outside of the office easier.

Pros

It is very easy to login and use at any time of the day. I have not had any issues with LogMeIn.

Cons

Depending on what I am working on, the view on the screen is smaller than my regular computer screen. Then I have to adjust my viewing size.

kristin
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Overpriced and poor service

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

Pros

Well the software does work for the most part if you have a new OS

Cons

1. I have a macbook pro that is 4years old and logmein has stopped working. The customer service folks at logmein have told me that the only way to get back up and running is to buy a new computer and that a pro rated refund is not an option.
2. Rates went from $200 to $400 per year per user last year. I didn't notice any improvements with this 100% price increase. Not sure how they can possibly justify this.

Morris

It Serves The Purpose

Reviewed on 1/5/2018

Pros

the fact that i could site at home are at work and maneuver my computer in my other home or office without having to bother anyone

Cons

after all it's working with the internet and at times when the service is poor then the whole program is getting a nap and you can't do anything

Dawn

LogMeIn is the best

Reviewed on 9/12/2021

I use this daily and love it. I can access my other computer with no worries.

I use this daily and love it. I can access my other computer with no worries.

Pros

Ease of use. LogMeIn makes it as simple as a double click to access my other computer.

Cons

Updates sometimes make it necessary to reload software

michael

Logmein is a great business tool for technology professionals

Reviewed on 13/3/2019

Pros

1. Easy to search for computer names.
2. Easy to install LogMeIn agent on client PCs.
3. Deployment link is easy way of installing the application on clients.

Cons

1. Cost is affordable but could be a tiny bit cheaper.

Ross
  • Industry: Higher Education

Good software, very overpriced

Reviewed on 29/8/2019

Pros

Reliable, easy to use. Core functionality works great.

Cons

Terrible support, constant price increases without improvements in software quality. iOS app has gone unchanged for years. Very, very overpriced.

Ian
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Great but expensive

Reviewed on 12/8/2019

Pros

LogMeIn was so east to use and always worked flawlessly

Cons

We used LogMeIn for years until they priced themselves right out of the market. It got far too expensive to keep using

George
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

LogMeIn is a life saver

Reviewed on 28/5/2019

Pros

I started using LogMeIn when it was a free. That was a long time ago. When they started charging base on user, I opted for the PRO account. It helped me support remote sites, servers, and user support. The app and services was VERY reliable and easy to use.

Cons

With the different product options, it was confusing for the user at times. I understand charging the customers based on different needs. Price per user can be pricey for large organizations.

Tien

Another solution for remote access / working

Reviewed on 2/12/2021

Cheap solution for remote working while you already have computers at your office and need remote access for remote working

Pros

Easy to set up at both destination computer as well as remote one
Reliable and fast connection
Cheap for personal use or small/mid business

Cons

Need feature to turn off destination computer screen for privacy purpose