ExpenseTron

Expense tracking & reporting in Slack

3.9/5 (8 reviews)
Matt K.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great add for our staff to simplify expense tracking.

Reviewed on 5/6/2018

Organization of expenses and saving of employee time

Pros

The integration with Slack has helped cut back on time that staff and bookkeeper spend approving expenses. Also the reporting feature and storing of receipts in Google Drive. I like I don't have to sit at my desk at the end of the month going through expenses and receipts.

Cons

The software can be glitchy with uploading receipts. Sometime you will upload a pic of a receipt and it will never register.

Carmen L.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

It's not easy to use before it's not possible to filter except for the administrator.

Reviewed on 21/6/2018

the easy use by our campaigners

Pros

Is easy for the people who upload expenses from every it equipment and is very quickly for them.

Cons

The fact that people can upload many times the same expense and that there are no filters except for the administrators

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Benito M.
Industry: Translation & Localisation

Getting reports and summaries has never been that easy!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 31/12/2018

Pros

The generation of different reports helps me be organized and updated. I can keep track of all of my expenses, time, date, all at just one look! Great Storing capacity.

Cons

It was a little confusing at first, however, after some sessions I got used to it.

W reid S.
Industry: Religious Institutions

We have loved expensetron so far, as a simple and easy to use alternative to Expensify, and in Slack

Ease of use!

Pros

I like that it's in slack, that it captures receipts and sends them straight to Google Drive. It's an automatic file system for expenses, and we don't need an additional app to do it since we already use and love slack.

Cons

I haven't exactly played with it a ton, but I haven't found a great way to customize coding for our chart of accounts.

Brian S.
Industry: Internet

We've been using Expensetron for about 6 months. It's a nice slack integration.

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

Pros

It integrates into slack. It's pretty easy to use. The reporting is okay. The team has quickly adapted to using it, with a few prompts.

Cons

There is buggyness in the dashbaord. We could have used onboarding training because we were not using a whole lot of features we should have because we didn't know a whole lot of features exist.

Moritz M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Really handy idea.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 5/6/2018

Easier expense reports, time saved in the accounting department.

Pros

In principle very easy to use. Just upload a receipt, get your expense report, hand it into payroll done.

Cons

Often buggy and slow. I've had issues where the bot is unresposive and does not receive new receipts. The backoffice is super slow to use. Sometimes links in the backoffice are non-functional.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jonathan H.
Industry: Financial Services

Expense reporting tightly integrated with Slack that just works.

Reviewed on 8/6/2018

Tight integration to Slack. Employees can submit expenses quickly and easily; administrators can easily poll for reports and details. No additional app to install and deal with.

Pros

Everyone can keep working in Slack. No need for yet another app. Users very quickly learned how to submit and track their expenses. Admins can get necessary reports to Excel or outside accounting packages. By far the Slack integration is the biggest plus.

Cons

Because it is integrated in Slack, there is essentially no UI other than a quasi-command line interface. That works fine for our team, but it may not be ideal for an accountant or non-technical person.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

I'm the accountant in charge of processing expense report

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 5/6/2018

Pros

Link Slack and Quickbooks online. Can take a picture of your invoice with your smartphone. The "bot" in Slack is cool.

Cons

It takes a long time to setup, do the mapping with Quickbooks Online. The approval rules could be improve.