Joey P.

After looking at a dozen apps, Filestage won

Reviewed on 4/5/2020

Filestage is great! It helps us to streamline the review process. As an online business with clients all over the US, it helps a ton. I highly recommend Filestage.

Pros

- Easy to use: Although some of our clients struggle to learn it, overall most love it! We get tons of compliments on it. Not only is it easy for our clients, but it's easy for our team to use as well.
- Customer service: Whenever we have a problem, Filestage jumps on it.
- Simple UI: Unlike so many apps like Filestage, they do not complicate the UI. It's clean and simple.
- They listen!: Filestage listens to feedback. They actually make improvements based on what you say.

Cons

- Slow speeds: Since we Filestage heavily, we have had slow load times on occasion. But thankfully, it hasn't been a major problem.
- Client confusion: Some clients who aren't as tech-savvy struggle. But it's not Filestage's problem honestly. The only bit of feedback from them is making it clearer how to use it and making it more clear where the review or approval button is and when it is pressed.

Jack M.

Makes my job A LOT easier

Reviewed on 18/6/2020

My experience with Filestage has been brilliant. I would struggle without it, and I have applied it to a few businesses now

Pros

Filestage is seriously intuitive and simple to use. Which means we get very little confusion from clients or team members, people just adapt right away. I create a lot of video, and because of the detailed feedback thats possible on the platform, its made our workflow and deliveries much faster.
There is also a huge benefit in having the feedback on multiple projects stored for later reference.

Cons

Very little to say here. The one main one would be storage. Because I work mainly in video, I reach the capacity limit of my account almost weekly, which can cause issues if all the work on the platform is active.

Lukas H.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Fast solution for satisfied customers

Reviewed on 5/3/2019

Close cooperation with customers from all industry sectors.
Project support and execution from pre-production to cutting

Pros

fast integration of complex film projects.
fast and easy communication with the customer.
Shortening the correction time

Cons

There is no competitive product.
There is no negative review

Response from Filestage

Lukas, thanks a lot for your review! We really appreciate your feedback. If there's anything you need help with, just let us know.

Best, Max

Eva R.

Agile tool

Reviewed on 3/11/2020

Feedback from editors and reviewers is very important to solve what you need to.

Pros

The possibility to comment projects speedly and useful.

Cons

Sometimes navigation is not very agile, go back to project or folder when you're in.

Lisa W.

Streamline feedback and approval processes

Reviewed on 4/3/2020

Pros

The best feature about the software is that review links can be sent to anyone - internal or external, team member or non-team member. The tool thus makes feedback and approval processes with all departments and project stakeholders easy, efficient and transparent.

Cons

We would even benefit more from using the software, if it was possible to comment and edit open file formats such as Word, Excel, Power Point. Also we would benefit from using this as approval software for landingpages/web pages.

Simple yet very effective platform!

Reviewed on 19/6/2020

Quite impressive so far as it makes the coordination across team easier and hasslefree, especially at this time of pandemic - where "work from home" is the only option for our teams

Pros

Version control helps in checking all updates happened over time
Export and share feedback with clients & teams
Annotation tool helps in understanding the suggested changes or modifications
Can define roles, tasks visibility and permission levels
The option of adding attachments is an add-on

Cons

An option to switch between different tabs/assets without going back on the main homepage multiple times

Sascha J.

Great software for internal and external approval

Reviewed on 3/9/2020

Pros

It helped us to get better and more organised feedback from our clients and to speed up the approval process.

Cons

An integration with our other tools would be nice.

Nina D.

No More Scope Creep and Faster Completion of Deliverables

Reviewed on 3/8/2020

Getting to the final deliverable is more efficient with FileStage. No more emailing PDF files to the client, client adding comments, resending it back, then inquiring about what portion of the document the client was referring to etc. Now we simply can click any part of the document on Filestage and add a comment while Filestage keeps track of each new document (revision) you upload to eliminate the dreaded scope creep.

Pros

Very easy to use, not only for the business user but most importantly for the client. It is simple for even non-computer savy users. The interface is not overwhelming and I can quickly upload, add reviewers, and make comments all in record time.

Cons

As a freelancer, it can be a little pricey. However, it seems to already have paid for itself because my sanity is not impacted with having to email PDFs back and forth for small revisions.

Thea G.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Review about Filestage

Reviewed on 4/7/2019

We use it to get an approval from our national team to flyer and other design elements.

Pros

This software is really use to use and very practical to communicate with people who are geographical distanced from each other

Cons

There is no email when a data is "freigegeben"

Hanney N.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Filestage User

Reviewed on 10/9/2020

Pros

I was really impressed with this software. It was so user friendly and very very organized. I was clear at what stage we were on at each stage of our approval processes. ]
It revealed me of multiple emails going back and forth, the software made the process really streamlined.

Cons

I really did not encounter any issues that I can comment on at this time.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

The Invision of video, and project files

Reviewed on 29/5/2018

Great collaboration on project files

Pros

Easy to use and understand for collaboration purposes - if somebody needs to leave feedback on a specific file that requires updates, it's simple to do this.

Cons

Some processes are a little slow/laggy, but it's not enough to impact my recommendation or overall workflow.

William L.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

It's... mediocre at best.

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Pros

On the bright side, it does do what it claims to do. Most of the time. When there aren't bugs. And they are constantly improving the app, so there's that.

Cons

But... it's buggy. Often we receive complaints from clients about a video not loading, or not playing back, or not being able to scrub through the video. Or even being redirected to the Filestage homepage without any errors. There are better alternatives, but you have to pay more for them.

Donvil C.
  • Industry: Media Production

LOVE FILESTAGE!!!

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

My team switched from frame.io to filestage.io for our review process. We primarily produce nonprofit, corporate, and commercial productions. Filestage was just much more robust for us at the time. I do understand that other platforms have emerged that and I hear frame.io has improved since we left, however, we just felt that it was simple and worked. There were some initial quirks we shared with the Filestage reps, and 1-by-1 we saw them resolved. One of the most recent ones is the template feature for projects which has SPED UP our project creation process A LOT! We thankfully are on a grandfathered plan where we pay much less than the current advertised cost, but even so I always felt it was a little more than I wanted to pay. Regardless, in our opinion, Filestage is the best we've used so far.

Pros

Support, Ease of use for clients and staff, Adaptability, Flexibility for file types, Options.

Cons

Cost is my only Con due to the size of budget projects I do, but might be a steal for someone else.

Ben C.
  • Industry: Design

Wish we'd implemented sooner!

Reviewed on 5/8/2020

Brilliant! Wish we had implemented sooner, clients prefer the visual approach and we have managed to reduce the number of revisions we have to work through.
Simply a much better review process than trying to email PDFs and collate feedback from multiple people.

Pros

No more misunderstandings or long emails to read through trying to understand the changes required. Really easy to use which makes onboarding clients quick and effortless.
Allowing our customers to add feedback directly to artwork has sped up our review process significantly, reducing our time in email and delivering projects quicker to our clients.
Our clients find the overview of which files are in review helpful to get a snapshot of where everything is and who's responsible for the next actions.
Being able to add comments to videos at the relevant time stamps makes giving video feedback a lot easier!

Cons

No negative points as yet, but still in early stages of using the software. Very positive experience so far!

Daniel W.

My customers love Filestage - so do I!

Reviewed on 17/5/2017

You save time in your post-production process and offer clients a great tool. Saves their time and yours!

Pros

- Easy interface
- Easy feedback
- Documentation
- Great customer service

Easy interface, especially for customers. My clients can provide me with detailed feedback on the spot. They just click into the video and write a comment. They don't need to send timecodes, need to make lists, write an email. Revision became much more efficient.
Once my customer reviewed my videos, pdf's etc. I get a notification and have an easy to do list.

It's possible to brand the software and fit it into your company.

You also have a clear documentation and approval from your customers, which can be handy when things get complicated at a later point.

Filestage is easy reachable and help with everything.

Cons

Features for sorting projects: The interface improved a lot since I started, but there are small things, for which I use workarounds.
Projects in the overview can't be sorted in an easy. I think it's only date and alpha-numerical. I rename my projects therefore with 00.. 01.. etc.
But the team is listening and I hope the will add this feature soon!

Response from Filestage

Thanks for the review!

Hannah E.

Filestage has been a great tool for removing roadblocks to get projects completed efficiently.

Reviewed on 8/6/2018

Read my review!

Pros

We have a creative studio where we design and paint graphics, and Filestage has been a game-changer for getting projects from concept to the real world quickly, with very happy clients (and us). We usually start off with a draft document, send a link to the client, have the client comment directly on the draft with questions/feedback, and then we can respond and/or add a new draft, then repeat the whole process until everyone's happy. We like how easy it is to get a client to respond on Filestage, and that our clients aren't forced through a weird UI or made to sign up for the app themselves. We love not having to send giant PDFs through email or dropbox, and forcing document download after document download until you can't remember which version is the most recent or how many times you have the same document draft saved in your "downloads" folder. That said, you can still enable each Filestage doc to be downloadable, so if our clients do want to download files, we like that it's an option for them.

Cons

Clunky to use on mobile, an app would be great eventually, for even more on-the-go quick response ability. Price is a bit steep too, but you get a lot, so understandable.

Response from Filestage

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback!

Best,
The Filestage Team

Richard E.

Easy for anyone to use, well priced, and not limiting.

Reviewed on 22/4/2020

Customer servicer has been great when we needed it, which is hardly ever.

Pros

I like that not everyone in our organization has to be registered as a user and when we send something off to proof they can just click the link and open it without dealing with user names and passwords. We don't have to pay by the amount of users either.
The features are simple, we've had very little questions from users on how to use it.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any other than trying to get our campus used to doing things differently.

Vanessa W.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Very helpful and fun to use

Reviewed on 13/7/2019

Our first tool to give reviews to our creators was our intranet email. This was very stressful and unorganized. With filestage we had the opportunity to improve this project from zero to 100 in a short time. Now its much more organized, you can communicate well with your employees and tell exactly what u want to change. Thats it!

Pros

The tools to mark in the content of our creators and that you can have many projects of your organization in one place. And there are different options: For departments, projects, internal projects,... its so helpful to have them all in one place

Cons

there is really nothing I can tell. It improved our processes very well and there's nothing that I can tell right now

Lizzy M.

Filestage Helps to Move Our Projects Forward

Reviewed on 22/4/2020

Pros

I love how easy it is to upload, comment on, and share files. Filestage makes
project collaboration a breeze. I spend more time moving a project forward
vs. figuring out how to move it forward. Filestage does that for us.

Cons

Filestage meets our needs. I haven't encountered any features that are
missing.

Great for collaboration with students and colleagues

Reviewed on 13/4/2020

Pros

I use the software with students and colleagues. It is very easy to use, works like a swiss clock and allows me to give feedback much faster. My favourite feature: Annotate videos. Far better than writing emails or tickets.

Cons

Unfortunately, the project templates are only available in the Pro and Enterprise Version. Would love to use several templates for different projects with my students and colleagues.

Kason B.

Decreased Review Time for Videos & Websites

Reviewed on 3/7/2018

Pros

I have a website and video production company. The review process is now a snap. I simply send the filestage link - instruct the client to leave all the feedback on there, then we will execute all their reviews for a flat "revision" cost - since endless revisions are the least profitable part of the job.

Cons

I had a bit of trouble with the annotation feature early on. It turns out the google adblock plugin breaks some of the code so I just disabled it on filestage.io

Vivien D.
  • Industry: Photography
  • Used Other for 1+ year

filestage is the best and easiest way to get a feedback from your customers

Reviewed on 9/1/2019

I'm a freelance videographer and sometimes it's very stressfull to get all information you need from your customer. Filestage is a very helpfull tool to get feedback, because the customer can comment exactly the frame that needs to be changed. You also can upload new versions on the same file, so it is very clear to use.

Pros

- easy upload
- clear layout
- great comment tool
- very friendly support
- you can update your files to a newer version without any struggle

Cons

I have nothing to critize. I'm very happy with this tool :)

Max S.

It's a must!

Reviewed on 25/1/2021

Pros

Easy to use, friendly app/software where we can review and check our projects within the team and our clients.. and to spend less time!

Cons

I have no cons, it's what we needed and we will going to use it in every project.

Evan U.

FileStage has significantly improved our creative collaboration and our clients love it!

Reviewed on 3/7/2017

Pros

Simple collaboration made easy

Non-tech clients who love the experience

Ability to branded the platform

Cons

Completely white label with a custom subdomain (design.asimpleclean.agency) and for emails to come from our email addresses

David W.

I highly recommend to any Team handeling film projects over long-, or short distances.

Reviewed on 14/6/2018

a faster easier project work. we saved alot of time working on our project cause the feedback chain was quick to execute from anywhere.

Pros

Shared project work over any distance has never been so easy! Can't imagine any future projects without filestages assistance. Thanks! You can mark any spot in a frame and leave a comment. You may also draw scetches into frames to further illustrate corrections for your team mates.

Cons

didn't have any trouble yet. Filestage does exactly what it was made to do with excellence! Also has a friendly customer support.