Filestage

For teams to manage their content review process

4.6/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.7/5

Joey P.

After looking at a dozen apps, Filestage won

Reviewed on 4/5/2020

Filestage is great! It helps us to streamline the review process. As an online business with clients all over the US, it helps a ton. I highly recommend Filestage.

Pros

- Easy to use: Although some of our clients struggle to learn it, overall most love it! We get tons of compliments on it. Not only is it easy for our clients, but it's easy for our team to use as well.
- Customer service: Whenever we have a problem, Filestage jumps on it.
- Simple UI: Unlike so many apps like Filestage, they do not complicate the UI. It's clean and simple.
- They listen!: Filestage listens to feedback. They actually make improvements based on what you say.

Cons

- Slow speeds: Since we Filestage heavily, we have had slow load times on occasion. But thankfully, it hasn't been a major problem.
- Client confusion: Some clients who aren't as tech-savvy struggle. But it's not Filestage's problem honestly. The only bit of feedback from them is making it clearer how to use it and making it more clear where the review or approval button is and when it is pressed.

PageProof, Hightail, GoProof, GoVisually, InVision App and Ziflow

Reasons for Choosing Filestage

ProofMe died. Literally.

Reasons for Switching to Filestage

- Intuitive UI and UX - Easy to use - Good customer service - Customized pricing
Michael F.
  • Industry: Shipbuilding

Review management: simple, fast and effective

Reviewed on 22/5/2022

Pros

We use Filestage for all review processes of images, layouts, films etc. both internally within our team and with clients. The software is easy to use and self-explanatory to a large extent. Even clients who only need to approve images from time to time can use Filestage quickly and intuitively. The handling of our approval processes as well as transparency has improved significantly and Filestage contributes significantly to our quality assurance.

Cons

Nothing really. There are certainly one or two functions that would make the software even better, but new functions are being implemented little by little and the needs of the users are being intensively addressed.

William L.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

It's... mediocre at best.

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Pros

On the bright side, it does do what it claims to do. Most of the time. When there aren't bugs. And they are constantly improving the app, so there's that.

Cons

But... it's buggy. Often we receive complaints from clients about a video not loading, or not playing back, or not being able to scrub through the video. Or even being redirected to the Filestage homepage without any errors. There are better alternatives, but you have to pay more for them.

Orry A.
  • Industry: Design

FS Review

Reviewed on 17/5/2022

It does its job really well but it really needs an app.

Pros

It makes getting and giving feedbacks very clear and painless

Cons

Theres no iOS and Android apps. Relying on web browser makes it clunky

Donvil C.

LOVE FILESTAGE!!!

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

My team switched from frame.io to filestage.io for our review process. We primarily produce nonprofit, corporate, and commercial productions. Filestage was just much more robust for us at the time. I do understand that other platforms have emerged that and I hear frame.io has improved since we left, however, we just felt that it was simple and worked. There were some initial quirks we shared with the Filestage reps, and 1-by-1 we saw them resolved. One of the most recent ones is the template feature for projects which has SPED UP our project creation process A LOT! We thankfully are on a grandfathered plan where we pay much less than the current advertised cost, but even so I always felt it was a little more than I wanted to pay. Regardless, in our opinion, Filestage is the best we've used so far.

Pros

Support, Ease of use for clients and staff, Adaptability, Flexibility for file types, Options.

Cons

Cost is my only Con due to the size of budget projects I do, but might be a steal for someone else.

Ben C.
  • Industry: Design

Wish we'd implemented sooner!

Reviewed on 5/8/2020

Brilliant! Wish we had implemented sooner, clients prefer the visual approach and we have managed to reduce the number of revisions we have to work through.
Simply a much better review process than trying to email PDFs and collate feedback from multiple people.

Pros

No more misunderstandings or long emails to read through trying to understand the changes required. Really easy to use which makes onboarding clients quick and effortless.
Allowing our customers to add feedback directly to artwork has sped up our review process significantly, reducing our time in email and delivering projects quicker to our clients.
Our clients find the overview of which files are in review helpful to get a snapshot of where everything is and who's responsible for the next actions.
Being able to add comments to videos at the relevant time stamps makes giving video feedback a lot easier!

Cons

No negative points as yet, but still in early stages of using the software. Very positive experience so far!

PageProof

Reasons for Switching to Filestage

Cheaper entry level subscription – first time implementing a visual review process so wanted to trial it without a big financial commitment upfront.
Rick H.

Huge time saver

Reviewed on 17/6/2020

Great experience. Customer communication for approvals had never been easier

Pros

This is the best way we found to share, comment and get approvals from clients.

When the message arrives at the client it’s easy for them to open the project, comment and reject or approve. The training is baked into the client message.

Reminders keep our projects on schedule and we don’t have to chase people.

Cons

It’s fantastic for images or PDFs but web pages need screen capture then post for approval. It would be great if we could just enter URL and it scraped the page automatically. It’s a feature available in some of their competitors.

Mara P.

Go back to old interface

Reviewed on 20/5/2022

Pros

Good for gathering input from many people.

Cons

The new interface is not good. It is not intuitive. It was MUCH better before.

Aleister M.
  • Industry: Media Production

Filestage is a great product.

Reviewed on 11/5/2022

Pros

I like the fact that it is easy to share files with team members and also people outside your organisation.

Cons

Sometimes the versions management can be quite complex at times.

Daniel W.

My customers love Filestage - so do I!

Reviewed on 17/5/2017

You save time in your post-production process and offer clients a great tool. Saves their time and yours!

Pros

- Easy interface
- Easy feedback
- Documentation
- Great customer service

Easy interface, especially for customers. My clients can provide me with detailed feedback on the spot. They just click into the video and write a comment. They don't need to send timecodes, need to make lists, write an email. Revision became much more efficient.
Once my customer reviewed my videos, pdf's etc. I get a notification and have an easy to do list.

It's possible to brand the software and fit it into your company.

You also have a clear documentation and approval from your customers, which can be handy when things get complicated at a later point.

Filestage is easy reachable and help with everything.

Cons

Features for sorting projects: The interface improved a lot since I started, but there are small things, for which I use workarounds.
Projects in the overview can't be sorted in an easy. I think it's only date and alpha-numerical. I rename my projects therefore with 00.. 01.. etc.
But the team is listening and I hope the will add this feature soon!

Response from Filestage

Thanks for the review!

Jack M.

Makes my job A LOT easier

Reviewed on 18/6/2020

My experience with Filestage has been brilliant. I would struggle without it, and I have applied it to a few businesses now

Pros

Filestage is seriously intuitive and simple to use. Which means we get very little confusion from clients or team members, people just adapt right away. I create a lot of video, and because of the detailed feedback thats possible on the platform, its made our workflow and deliveries much faster.
There is also a huge benefit in having the feedback on multiple projects stored for later reference.

Cons

Very little to say here. The one main one would be storage. Because I work mainly in video, I reach the capacity limit of my account almost weekly, which can cause issues if all the work on the platform is active.

Hannah E.

Filestage has been a great tool for removing roadblocks to get projects completed efficiently.

Reviewed on 8/6/2018

Read my review!

Pros

We have a creative studio where we design and paint graphics, and Filestage has been a game-changer for getting projects from concept to the real world quickly, with very happy clients (and us). We usually start off with a draft document, send a link to the client, have the client comment directly on the draft with questions/feedback, and then we can respond and/or add a new draft, then repeat the whole process until everyone's happy. We like how easy it is to get a client to respond on Filestage, and that our clients aren't forced through a weird UI or made to sign up for the app themselves. We love not having to send giant PDFs through email or dropbox, and forcing document download after document download until you can't remember which version is the most recent or how many times you have the same document draft saved in your "downloads" folder. That said, you can still enable each Filestage doc to be downloadable, so if our clients do want to download files, we like that it's an option for them.

Cons

Clunky to use on mobile, an app would be great eventually, for even more on-the-go quick response ability. Price is a bit steep too, but you get a lot, so understandable.

Response from Filestage

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback!

Best,
The Filestage Team

Richard E.

Easy for anyone to use, well priced, and not limiting.

Reviewed on 22/4/2020

Customer servicer has been great when we needed it, which is hardly ever.

Pros

I like that not everyone in our organization has to be registered as a user and when we send something off to proof they can just click the link and open it without dealing with user names and passwords. We don't have to pay by the amount of users either.
The features are simple, we've had very little questions from users on how to use it.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any other than trying to get our campus used to doing things differently.

Andreas R.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Best Tool ever

Reviewed on 14/9/2021

Pros

It's the easiest way to review products. Very good documentation all over the review steps.

Cons

At least, sometimes the direct Link doesn't work. But you can always invite people.

Response from Filestage

Hi Andreas,

We appreciate your thoughts, thank you! Our customers do love us for the ease of use :)

We did fix the issue with the invitation link.

Vanessa W.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Very helpful and fun to use

Reviewed on 13/7/2019

Our first tool to give reviews to our creators was our intranet email. This was very stressful and unorganized. With filestage we had the opportunity to improve this project from zero to 100 in a short time. Now its much more organized, you can communicate well with your employees and tell exactly what u want to change. Thats it!

Pros

The tools to mark in the content of our creators and that you can have many projects of your organization in one place. And there are different options: For departments, projects, internal projects,... its so helpful to have them all in one place

Cons

there is really nothing I can tell. It improved our processes very well and there's nothing that I can tell right now

Erich W.
  • Industry: Animation

The best tool on the market

Reviewed on 10/9/2021

We are using Filestage for more than 4 years after a deep market research. The platform is continuously improved on user requests.

Pros

Filestage offers only the features you really need and it is intuitive to use.

Cons

Due the features are developed for the needs of the users, it is only

Lukas H.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Fast solution for satisfied customers

Reviewed on 5/3/2019

Close cooperation with customers from all industry sectors.
Project support and execution from pre-production to cutting

Pros

fast integration of complex film projects.
fast and easy communication with the customer.
Shortening the correction time

Cons

There is no competitive product.
There is no negative review

Response from Filestage

Lukas, thanks a lot for your review! We really appreciate your feedback. If there's anything you need help with, just let us know.

Best, Max

Swen G.
  • Industry: Media Production

Collaboration software at its best

Reviewed on 13/9/2021

Pros

easy to use, self-explanatory, good performance, API interface

Cons

The versioning still needs to be better comparable, but according to Filestage it is close to release.

Lizzy M.

Filestage Helps to Move Our Projects Forward

Reviewed on 22/4/2020

Pros

I love how easy it is to upload, comment on, and share files. Filestage makes
project collaboration a breeze. I spend more time moving a project forward
vs. figuring out how to move it forward. Filestage does that for us.

Cons

Filestage meets our needs. I haven't encountered any features that are
missing.

Hedda K.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

User-friendly software for good coordination of projects and team members

Reviewed on 12/9/2021

For us its a perfect software to coordinate so many team-members and project and have all documents collected on one software.

Pros

For our Team with approximately 50 users of Filestage it is super easy and convinient, to coordinate our 20 projects.

Cons

I think as the software is not completely new a lot of the problems have already been fixed. Sometimes its not clear that a document has more pages. We had the problem that one of the reviewers saw just one page and missed three more pages of a document.

Dennis N.
  • Industry: Animation

Top Review Tool

Reviewed on 13/9/2021

Pros

Give quick and easy review and optimize reviews

Cons

There could be more review steps ;) ........

Kobi S.
  • Industry: Media Production

The best video management software I have experienced

Reviewed on 24/6/2022

Excellent

Pros

Friendly, easy to handle, great service, and tech. support.

Cons

The archiving process should differ per file not just per project/

Boris P.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

HORIZONT Review

Reviewed on 29/3/2021

I live it!!

Pros

Filestage kept rising our dynamic and efficiency of workflow creating Productpapers, factsheets, Presentations a.s.o. to a new level.

Cons

Sometimes the upgolding time for files lasts a bit to long.

Eva R.

Agile tool

Reviewed on 3/11/2020

Feedback from editors and reviewers is very important to solve what you need to.

Pros

The possibility to comment projects speedly and useful.

Cons

Sometimes navigation is not very agile, go back to project or folder when you're in.

Great for collaboration with students and colleagues

Reviewed on 13/4/2020

Pros

I use the software with students and colleagues. It is very easy to use, works like a swiss clock and allows me to give feedback much faster. My favourite feature: Annotate videos. Far better than writing emails or tickets.

Cons

Unfortunately, the project templates are only available in the Pro and Enterprise Version. Would love to use several templates for different projects with my students and colleagues.