Filestage

For teams to manage their content review process

4.6/5
4.5/5
4.7/5
4.7/5

Joey

After looking at a dozen apps, Filestage won

Reviewed on 4/5/2020

Filestage is great! It helps us to streamline the review process. As an online business with clients all over the US, it helps a ton. I highly recommend Filestage.

Pros

- Easy to use: Although some of our clients struggle to learn it, overall most love it! We get tons of compliments on it. Not only is it easy for our clients, but it's easy for our team to use as well.
- Customer service: Whenever we have a problem, Filestage jumps on it.
- Simple UI: Unlike so many apps like Filestage, they do not complicate the UI. It's clean and simple.
- They listen!: Filestage listens to feedback. They actually make improvements based on what you say.

Cons

- Slow speeds: Since we Filestage heavily, we have had slow load times on occasion. But thankfully, it hasn't been a major problem.
- Client confusion: Some clients who aren't as tech-savvy struggle. But it's not Filestage's problem honestly. The only bit of feedback from them is making it clearer how to use it and making it more clear where the review or approval button is and when it is pressed.

PageProof, Hightail, GoProof, GoVisually, InVision App and Ziflow

Reasons for Choosing Filestage

ProofMe died. Literally.

Reasons for Switching to Filestage

- Intuitive UI and UX - Easy to use - Good customer service - Customized pricing
Sandy

Very useful for sharing graphic design content

Reviewed on 10/11/2022

It has been very beneficial for our Client Services and Creative teams to work together on projects.

Pros

Filestage allows our team to leave comments directly on the document to provide feedback for revisions.

Cons

It is a little hard to share the links with our clients for their review.

Response from Filestage

Hello Sandy, thanks for your great feedback!

We really appreciate you've taken the time to leave this review. We're looking forward to collaborating further with you.

We're so happy to hear that we've helped your team's collaboration.

As always, feel free to reach out to us if there's anything else we can help with.

Fotini Athineli,
Social Media Manager

Thom
  • Industry: Media Production

Useful tool but could be better

Reviewed on 11/8/2022

A really useful tool, but has some kinks that need ironing out.

Pros

I really like that you can easily comment on a video project, graphic, written piece of work and pin point exactly where you need the changes, the user interface is relatively user friendly, however, I probably preferred it before the latest update.

Cons

The notifications come through to your e-mail inbox quite a long time after comments were made. The latest update, despite making copying comments easier, isn't as straight forward as the old drag and drop interface.

Response from Filestage

Hi Thom, thanks for your great feedback!

We really appreciate you've taken the time to leave this review.

We've shared your feedback with our team and they are looking into it, so you should look out for some exciting news about it very soon!

Markus

Our main tool for coordinating assets and client feedback within our team.

Reviewed on 11/8/2022

We were one of the first users in 2017/18. Since then it was always improved and more and more benefits were implemented. You're doing a good job at FS. Let's see whats coming next.

Pros

It is easy to handle after a short learning time. The FS team is always trying to improve the tool.

Cons

The latest update makes some parts harder to use, but i believe in FS that they will manage the next update.

Slack

Reasons for Switching to Filestage

Because the alternative product did not perfectly match our needs.

Response from Filestage

Hello Markus, thanks for your great feedback!

We're so happy to hear that we've helped you streamline your review and approval process. We're looking forward to collaborating further with you.

Donvil

LOVE FILESTAGE!!!

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

My team switched from frame.io to filestage.io for our review process. We primarily produce nonprofit, corporate, and commercial productions. Filestage was just much more robust for us at the time. I do understand that other platforms have emerged that and I hear frame.io has improved since we left, however, we just felt that it was simple and worked. There were some initial quirks we shared with the Filestage reps, and 1-by-1 we saw them resolved. One of the most recent ones is the template feature for projects which has SPED UP our project creation process A LOT! We thankfully are on a grandfathered plan where we pay much less than the current advertised cost, but even so I always felt it was a little more than I wanted to pay. Regardless, in our opinion, Filestage is the best we've used so far.

Pros

Support, Ease of use for clients and staff, Adaptability, Flexibility for file types, Options.

Cons

Cost is my only Con due to the size of budget projects I do, but might be a steal for someone else.

Ben
  • Industry: Design

Wish we'd implemented sooner!

Reviewed on 5/8/2020

Brilliant! Wish we had implemented sooner, clients prefer the visual approach and we have managed to reduce the number of revisions we have to work through.
Simply a much better review process than trying to email PDFs and collate feedback from multiple people.

Pros

No more misunderstandings or long emails to read through trying to understand the changes required. Really easy to use which makes onboarding clients quick and effortless.
Allowing our customers to add feedback directly to artwork has sped up our review process significantly, reducing our time in email and delivering projects quicker to our clients.
Our clients find the overview of which files are in review helpful to get a snapshot of where everything is and who's responsible for the next actions.
Being able to add comments to videos at the relevant time stamps makes giving video feedback a lot easier!

Cons

No negative points as yet, but still in early stages of using the software. Very positive experience so far!

PageProof

Reasons for Switching to Filestage

Cheaper entry level subscription – first time implementing a visual review process so wanted to trial it without a big financial commitment upfront.
Rick

Huge time saver

Reviewed on 17/6/2020

Great experience. Customer communication for approvals had never been easier

Pros

This is the best way we found to share, comment and get approvals from clients.

When the message arrives at the client it’s easy for them to open the project, comment and reject or approve. The training is baked into the client message.

Reminders keep our projects on schedule and we don’t have to chase people.

Cons

It’s fantastic for images or PDFs but web pages need screen capture then post for approval. It would be great if we could just enter URL and it scraped the page automatically. It’s a feature available in some of their competitors.

Peter
  • Industry: Wholesale

A very practical product for workflow

Reviewed on 3/11/2022

Pros

Customer support is great. They're very friendly. I like that it's effortless to upload and share files. It saves time.

Cons

There is nothing worth noting that I dislike.

Response from Filestage

Hi Peter, thanks for your great feedback!
We really appreciate you've taken the time to leave this review.
We're looking forward to collaborating further with you.

• Industry: Media Production

I value working with and on Filestage

Reviewed on 11/8/2022

Really good, easy, effortless.

Pros

That you can click anywhere on the screen at any point.

Cons

That you sometimes lose access when videos get moved (but I also know there's no way around this! It's team comms)

Daniel

My customers love Filestage - so do I!

Reviewed on 17/5/2017

You save time in your post-production process and offer clients a great tool. Saves their time and yours!

Pros

- Easy interface
- Easy feedback
- Documentation
- Great customer service

Easy interface, especially for customers. My clients can provide me with detailed feedback on the spot. They just click into the video and write a comment. They don't need to send timecodes, need to make lists, write an email. Revision became much more efficient.
Once my customer reviewed my videos, pdf's etc. I get a notification and have an easy to do list.

It's possible to brand the software and fit it into your company.

You also have a clear documentation and approval from your customers, which can be handy when things get complicated at a later point.

Filestage is easy reachable and help with everything.

Cons

Features for sorting projects: The interface improved a lot since I started, but there are small things, for which I use workarounds.
Projects in the overview can't be sorted in an easy. I think it's only date and alpha-numerical. I rename my projects therefore with 00.. 01.. etc.
But the team is listening and I hope the will add this feature soon!

Response from Filestage

Thanks for the review!

Michael
  • Industry: Shipbuilding

Review management: simple, fast and effective

Reviewed on 22/5/2022

Pros

We use Filestage for all review processes of images, layouts, films etc. both internally within our team and with clients. The software is easy to use and self-explanatory to a large extent. Even clients who only need to approve images from time to time can use Filestage quickly and intuitively. The handling of our approval processes as well as transparency has improved significantly and Filestage contributes significantly to our quality assurance.

Cons

Nothing really. There are certainly one or two functions that would make the software even better, but new functions are being implemented little by little and the needs of the users are being intensively addressed.

Response from Filestage

Hallo Michael,
thank you for your kind feedback and the open words.
We really appreciate you've taken the time to leave this review.
We're so happy to hear you love the platform, and we're looking forward to collaborating further with you.

Charlotte

Filestage review

Reviewed on 23/8/2022

overall positive experience, almost all of our clients like it as well

Pros

That everyone can see everyone's comments, avoiding contradictory ones. Easy, collaborative, organized.

Cons

New dashboard looks a bit messy, but maybe it is just a getting-used-to-thing
Moving reviewers in-between stages (not inviting everyone again)
Images are not shown in full crop when opening them, you always need to zoom out
Possibility to "archive" images in a specific stage, let's say we send out multiple angles to a client, and they chose 3 out of 6 - to clean up that stage (but not delete the previous images if we would need them later) so it would only contain the images that we will continue working with?

Response from Filestage

Hi Charlotte, thanks for your great feedback!

We really appreciate you've taken the time to leave this review.

We've shared your feedback with our team, who are looking into it, so you should look out for some exciting news about it very soon!

Jack

Makes my job A LOT easier

Reviewed on 18/6/2020

My experience with Filestage has been brilliant. I would struggle without it, and I have applied it to a few businesses now

Pros

Filestage is seriously intuitive and simple to use. Which means we get very little confusion from clients or team members, people just adapt right away. I create a lot of video, and because of the detailed feedback thats possible on the platform, its made our workflow and deliveries much faster.
There is also a huge benefit in having the feedback on multiple projects stored for later reference.

Cons

Very little to say here. The one main one would be storage. Because I work mainly in video, I reach the capacity limit of my account almost weekly, which can cause issues if all the work on the platform is active.

Hannah

Filestage has been a great tool for removing roadblocks to get projects completed efficiently.

Reviewed on 8/6/2018

Read my review!

Pros

We have a creative studio where we design and paint graphics, and Filestage has been a game-changer for getting projects from concept to the real world quickly, with very happy clients (and us). We usually start off with a draft document, send a link to the client, have the client comment directly on the draft with questions/feedback, and then we can respond and/or add a new draft, then repeat the whole process until everyone's happy. We like how easy it is to get a client to respond on Filestage, and that our clients aren't forced through a weird UI or made to sign up for the app themselves. We love not having to send giant PDFs through email or dropbox, and forcing document download after document download until you can't remember which version is the most recent or how many times you have the same document draft saved in your "downloads" folder. That said, you can still enable each Filestage doc to be downloadable, so if our clients do want to download files, we like that it's an option for them.

Cons

Clunky to use on mobile, an app would be great eventually, for even more on-the-go quick response ability. Price is a bit steep too, but you get a lot, so understandable.

Response from Filestage

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback!

Best,
The Filestage Team

Kira

This is the best review software!

Reviewed on 9/7/2022

Overall Filestage has been great for us! It's one of the few products that I have been able to give 5 stars. Filestage improved our efficiency and its easy to use. It's easy to set up as well.
It has been helpful to us as a marketing team and in our other job functions with foster applications and approvals.

Pros

I like the ease of use and setup, reviewers don't even have to register. You can comment/annotate on text or PDF, photos or videos, and audio. Basically anything you would need!
It's easy to work together with filestage, especially because your communications are visible to everyone. Everyone knows what changes were made and why, and to what point we have progressed.
We've already cut down our review and approval process by more than 20% and I expect that we will continue improve and make it faster.

Cons

The only con about Filestage is that there isn't an app. It would really make it easier to use on mobile devices.

Response from Filestage

Hello Kira,
great to hear that your team is getting on well with Filestage!
20%! Wow! What a result- I am super happy to read this. If you ever fancy tips and tricks to optimize your processes, even more, feel free to reach out to us. We are happy to support you further!

Orry

FS Review

Reviewed on 17/5/2022

It does its job really well but it really needs an app.

Pros

It makes getting and giving feedbacks very clear and painless

Cons

Theres no iOS and Android apps. Relying on web browser makes it clunky

Response from Filestage

Hello Orry,
thanks for your great feedback!
We really appreciate that you've taken the time to leave this review.
I have passed on your suggestion to have an app to our product team. In the meantime have you ever checked the mobile browser version of Filestage? Maybe this already does its trick!
Let us know what you think.

Mara

Go back to old interface

Reviewed on 20/5/2022

Pros

Good for gathering input from many people.

Cons

The new interface is not good. It is not intuitive. It was MUCH better before.

Response from Filestage

Hello Mara,
thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are happy to hear that Filestage helps you with gathering feedback from many different people.
In regards to the new interface, we'd be super happy to have a quick conversation and help you finding the perks of the new dashboard. Feel free to reach out to the support team!

Richard

Easy for anyone to use, well priced, and not limiting.

Reviewed on 22/4/2020

Customer servicer has been great when we needed it, which is hardly ever.

Pros

I like that not everyone in our organization has to be registered as a user and when we send something off to proof they can just click the link and open it without dealing with user names and passwords. We don't have to pay by the amount of users either.
The features are simple, we've had very little questions from users on how to use it.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any other than trying to get our campus used to doing things differently.

bensu
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Handy feedbacks

Reviewed on 11/8/2022

We use filestage in client communication over drafts and develop from where they point us to.It is great to have a platform to gather collective feedback over a product.Also I like to have team only comments to speed up some processes.

Pros

Filestage is great to give&collect feedback both internal and external projects.I like the concept of providing so many useful tools to deliver a raw idea.

Cons

The new interface.I cannot say that I am a fan of the new dashboard altough it may come handy to some.

Response from Filestage

Hello Bensu, thanks for your great feedback!

We're so happy to hear that we helped you streamline your review and approval process. We're looking forward to collaborating further with you.

Kobi
  • Industry: Media Production

The best video management software I have experienced

Reviewed on 24/6/2022

Excellent

Pros

Friendly, easy to handle, great service, and tech. support.

Cons

The archiving process should differ per file not just per project/

Response from Filestage

Hey Kobi,
great to hear that you like our ease of use and the support team!
I have passed your feature request to archive on a file basis and not a project basis to our product team. We'll let you know when there's an update.
As always, feel free to reach out to us if there's anything we can help with,

Andreas
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Best Tool ever

Reviewed on 14/9/2021

Pros

It's the easiest way to review products. Very good documentation all over the review steps.

Cons

At least, sometimes the direct Link doesn't work. But you can always invite people.

Response from Filestage

Hi Andreas,

We appreciate your thoughts, thank you! Our customers do love us for the ease of use :)

We did fix the issue with the invitation link.

Vanessa
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Very helpful and fun to use

Reviewed on 13/7/2019

Our first tool to give reviews to our creators was our intranet email. This was very stressful and unorganized. With filestage we had the opportunity to improve this project from zero to 100 in a short time. Now its much more organized, you can communicate well with your employees and tell exactly what u want to change. Thats it!

Pros

The tools to mark in the content of our creators and that you can have many projects of your organization in one place. And there are different options: For departments, projects, internal projects,... its so helpful to have them all in one place

Cons

there is really nothing I can tell. It improved our processes very well and there's nothing that I can tell right now

Markus
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

It's intuitive and makes fun to work with

Reviewed on 7/7/2022

We use it to coordinate CGI video projects. With Filestage, reconciling data is very easy. The exchange and coordination of feedback is also simple but clear. I also like that the whole process is clear and easy to understand. The entire process is clearly brought together in one place.

Pros

The intuitiveness of the use. The ability to place feedback at exactly the right point. The easy way to view feedback at exactly the right point and to be able to comment on it directly. The clear presentation of all features.

Cons

So far I don't miss anything. I haven't worked with it long enough for that. So far my experience has been limited to collaborating with another company. But I would love to have Filestage also for our company.

Response from Filestage

Hello Markus,
We really appreciate you've taken the time to leave this review.
We're so happy to hear you love the platform, and we're looking forward to hopefully collaborate with you and your team in the future!
As always, feel free to reach out to us if there's anything else we can help with,

Erich
  • Industry: Animation

The best tool on the market

Reviewed on 10/9/2021

We are using Filestage for more than 4 years after a deep market research. The platform is continuously improved on user requests.

Pros

Filestage offers only the features you really need and it is intuitive to use.

Cons

Due the features are developed for the needs of the users, it is only

Willy
  • Industry: Wholesale

Filestage has become our one-stop solution for managing the workflow of all our artwork-designs

Reviewed on 14/7/2022

we are currently uploading all our artwork first drats to filestage and have them reviewed there by internal personnel, like the product manager and engineer and also by our clients, for whom we sometimes make OEM artwork.
I love how you can centralize reviews, versions and approvals all in one app even communicate with reviewers.

Pros

- i like how you can easily set up a project and assign reviewers either internal or external and have everyone process their review-tasks in one app.
- the superb and fast product support!!!

Cons

the project-limit sucks a bit, and the fact that you cannot get links to sections within projects

Response from Filestage

Hello Willy,

thank you for your kind review!

I am especially happy to read you are excited about our support! I'll pass this feedback on to your dedicated Customer Success Manager!
Also, I have passed your request to have a link per section to our productteam. As soon as we have an update on this we'll let you know.