QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

4.5 (20,231)
Write a Review!
Enterprise accounting, FSM and inventory management solution

(20,231)

20231 Reviews

Charleen
Charleen
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Our QB online is always ready when we are

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

Cloud services make everything more secure. Not having to purchase an upgrade year after year is one of the best benefits. Our business is sized so that the online version, which does have less functionality than the desktop version, still works for exactly what we need. The tutorials are helpful and there are plenty of YouTube videos to find a resolution for any problem you have.

Pros

The online version of QB makes it easy to always have the necessary updates and current edition. The file sharing capabilities are the exact tool that is needed for the accountant to easily have a hassle-free exchange of the data they need to keep your books and do taxes. QB payroll that can be accessed through the software and there is easy access to QuickBook loan funding should you ever need it. Anytime, anywhere access is a plus.

Cons

The naming convention for some processes are a bit daunting until you learn exactly where they are and what they are called. The updates can cause features to be relocated, making them difficult to find. As with all cloud-based software, sometimes there are issues with the online connectivity.

Tracy

Quickbooks Desktop Still a Good Choice

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

I love QB in all its forms. I love that you can get industry specific versions. I encourage you to check it out if you are looking for an accounting software.

Pros

So many people are moving to the online version. I use both for different clients. They each have their pros and cons so make sure and check them out before deciding. Also, if you are currently on desktop I find it very hard to change to online. All the clients I have that have tried have claimed it is a nightmare.

Cons

The only down side is that I have trouble with connectivity to bank accounts for auto download.

Procore and Sage Accounting

Ease of Use, Cost, Ease of Deployment, Customer Service
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Just say No-to-It

Reviewed on 16/2/2021

This is software on life support. Intuit is rapidly investing in online. I switched to Quickbooks Online, by the way and LOVE it. I tried to use the desktop "enterprise" version because I needed some advanced inventory and reporting features. Worst decision ever. They didn't work. Spent 5+ years trying to find a work-around. Finally Intuit made it possible to migrate to Quickbooks Online. It worked really well and I'm a happy camper now.

Pros

It mostly worked, some of the time. I was able to transfer my data to Quickbooks Onine.

Cons

The General Ledger worked most of the time, however, about every-other month the Balance sheet would be out of balance and require a rebuild. If you were to list out every feature of QBE, I would be able to find a problem with it. This is the Frankenstein of software. Every "enterprise" feature is just someone else's software poorly glued onto QB. Calling this software Enterprise is a flat out lie and Intuit should be ashamed. Basic features cannot be changed without all users logging out of the system. Most of the "advanced" and "enterprise" features don't work as advertised. Cash flow reports were NEVER accurate.

NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Was looking for the ability to integrate software

Price
Priscilla
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

QuickBooks Desktop

Reviewed on 2/3/2024

It was super easy to learn to use and had more uses than its original purpose so I would say it is a great software to have available!

Pros

It is definitely user friendly and easy to learn how to use and can be used for even more things than what it was created to do!

Cons

It is an older system to what we are using now so we use QuickBooks online for our accounting needs now but when I first started, we were using Desktop for other uses and it worked great for that!

Marcos
  • Industry: Automotive

Easiest effective way to manage money

Reviewed on 9/5/2024

I would say it's the way it was so easy to learn. It made my job a lot easier. It gave me confidence and I suggest this product to everybody I know and when I speak to the other people they always tell me the same thing

Pros

You can literally teach it to everyone. Fast reliable customer service when bought

Cons

Nothing we're great for my company. I like the way things were just so easy to click on. Made my day a lot less stressful and knowing my accounts payable was in order

Anelle
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Quickbooks is a GREAT RESOURCE PROGRAM FOR ORGANIZING YOUR FINANCES

Reviewed on 7/4/2024

It is great. Highly recommend it for small businesses

It is great. Highly recommend it for small businesses

Pros

We use quickbooks for many years since is a great tool for organizing your business in all ways. Pros is very easy to use. I love user friendly design programs and tools

Cons

Well, I think as a new user you need direct professional support and it is a little difficult to get because you are in the go. However I am not sure if that changed since that was few months ago.

• Industry: Accounting
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Best Program to Learn Accounting

Reviewed on 8/5/2024

Overall, QuickBooks is a great tool to learn accounting and get familiarized with accounting language and reports.

Pros

I enjoyed the versatility of the program with how it allowed me to view various kinds of data and correlate them accordingly.

Cons

Importing QuickBooks reports to excel creates more work since there are multiple empty columns and sometimes the name breakdowns are not applied to individual line items.

Mohammed Abdul
  • Industry: Government Administration

QuickBooks needs quick fixes

Reviewed on 12/4/2024

Pros

Overall it's a good software but some features really need to pop out more.

Cons

The user permissions settings is a finicky

yash
yash
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Navigating Business Success: A Review of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reviewed on 7/4/2024

Pros

everything from accounting and payroll to inventory and reporting, streamlining operations and empowering businesses to make informed decisions.

Cons

Nothing as of now everything looks perfect to me

Andres
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

QuickBooks review

Reviewed on 9/4/2024

I will give QuickBooks 4 out of 5 stars overall

I will give QuickBooks 4 out of 5 stars overall

Pros

is useful for accounting and creating financial reports, and the cost estimative is accurate

Cons

sometimes customer support is not that effective

More than enough for our small company

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

We had to upgrade from QB Online because we use it for escrow accounts, and QB isn't designed for that. As a workaround, we created a new cash sub-account and payable sub-account for each escrow transaction. Pretty soon, we had thousands of sub-accounts, which really put a strain on it and made it run slowly. We transferred all of our data to QB Enterprise, which is handling that with ease and providing many more features. Overall, I enjoy using it. It's simple for employees to use, and it does more than enough for us.

Pros

QB Enterprise is more than we need for the small company. It's fast and efficient. It's straightforward in how things work, so training isn't intensive for new users. It's easy to upgrade from another version of QB and transfer all the company data into it.

Cons

It's limited in what can be displayed or used to sort in many of the windows. For example, the vendor screen displays all the invoices and payments, but doesn't display a running balance column. It's difficult to expand columns to display all of the data in a column. It doesn't remember column widths, so I'm continuously having to adjust the column width every time I open a window with data. Data in some windows can't be exported to Excel. For example, I like to export the bank statement reconciliation screen to a spreadsheet with my bank data download where I can sort and subtract to find a discrepancy between two columns instantly. But, there isn't a way to get the data in that window to export or copy. The reconciliation screen also doesn't allow for display of the cash sub-account or the offset account. So, I'm continuously having to open individual transactions to see which is which if they are similar.

Response from Intuit

Providing the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily is our number one goal. It's great to hear you found the best version of QuickBooks to suit your business needs! Many of our software updates come from great customer suggestions like yours. You can find out more about ways we're working to improve by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Thanks for a great review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Justin
  • Industry: Accounting

QuickBooks Online review

Reviewed on 4/11/2019

As we deal with mostly smaller business our experience is very good with QBO and it works very well and i would say a large majority of our clients are happy with it.

Pros

QuickBooks Online (QBO) is a very useful software for our industry. It gives clients a much easier time when completing their accounting records. The software is fairly easy to use with most clients (even those with little or not accounting experience) can use the software little or no training on our part.

Cons

The software is very good and very geared towards smaller companies and owner-manged businesses. If the company grows it is very evident that QBO is no longer useful for them. It does not handle a large number of transactions easily and the larger you are the more likely that error downloads will occur and duplicates or omitting transactions does occur.

Sage 50cloud Accounting and Xero

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QBO is the most well known and it has a lot of integrations with our accounting software, other companies are coming but at the time this was our best option mainly because of that.

Response from Intuit

Hi, Justin. Providing you with the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily is our top priority. It's great to know you've been able to do this with QuickBooks! We're continually working to provide advanced features and functionality that will meet the needs of every business. To find out about what's going on behind the scenes, we invite you to check out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, you may want to take a look at our available apps that integrate directly with your account to expand it's versatility (https://apps.intuit.com/app/apps/home).

Wishing you continued success!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Andrea

Quickbooks

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

We have had a great experience using Quickbooks. Our manufacturing plant is based in Colombia but we have a warehouse located in Miami, Fl. and Quickbooks has helped us integrate info for sales in the US while we are able to take care of inventory levels, billing and operations from Colombia.

Pros

We use Quickbooks for Inventory Management at our company. What I like the most about this software is how easy it is to make material reservations for customers once they all have been registered. Customer Service, Warehouse and Invoicing and Billing work integrated in the software to get the info for their individual process without having to ask for reports.

Cons

When I started using Quickbooks, I found a bit dificult to process the files when they are first imported. I think an improvement could be to ask the user to select the columns/info they want to see prior to exporting the file.
Another improvement suggested is to designate more roles than sales and administrator. The admin could for example authorize a different user to update inventory levels, or mark sales, but still they would be the only authorized user to create/register a customer and confirming invoicing info.

Tania
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Easy to use and allows for multiple users and access from anywhere

Reviewed on 30/1/2023

The enterprise team was amazing when helping set everything up and have been helpful with any questions since. We used to use desktop so the switch was very easy for us. We did not like QBO and it didn't have the features we needed that were in the desktop version, so this was the ideal solution to add accessibility from different locations and for different users.

Pros

The ability to access from anywhere and with multiple users - even at different locations.

Cons

The ability to save a file onto the users computer rather than the enterprise "computer" is difficult to navigate. Unless using the program that came with the user computer, you don't seem to be able to send emails either.

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

We wanted to be able to access from other locations and to have multiple users.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks online did not have the options we needed for non profit pastoral source deductions. I spoke with multiple people at help desks and in the end it was not possible to get what we needed. Desktop had this option and by using Enterprise we were able to solve all our problems.
  • Industry: Law Practice

QuickBooks is Useful for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Overall, my QB experience has been very positive.

Overall, my QB experience has been very positive.

Pros

Once I got the hang of QuickBooks, it was very useful. In general I like it and it makes accounting relatively easy. One caveat is that I am an attorney and I have to do relatively complicated trust accounting in QuickBooks. I found it extremely difficult to figure out how to properly set things up initially to do all of this correctly in QuickBooks. I would say it was the single thing that caused me the most stress in the first two years of my law firm. However, with the help of a couple of third-party books, and some online guides from third parties, I finally was able to figure out how to set things up properly, and once I did that things ran pretty smoothly. I still have my own little "guides" that I have written for myself to remind me of all the steps to do different tasks - but even having to follow those guides, QuickBooks is reliable and quick. I really like how quick and easy reconciliation is. As an attorney I am retired to do reconciliation for the trust accounting - with QB it is so easy that I generally do reconciliation once a week as opposed to once a month, and this really gives me the peace of mind to know that everything lines up. I do like, in reconciliation, that QB is able to almost always accurately tag items to their appropriate transactions/accounts so that I just have to click that it is correct. I am able to set up QB to automatically download backups of my company file to cloud backups like OneDrive and DropBox, which is great.

Cons

QB occasionally tags things wrong in reconciliation - for example I have a trust account where client funds are held before they are earned and a separate business savings account, and they both earn interest. When I earn interest on both accounts, however, QB consistently tags them both as interest on my trust account, which is incorrect. Also, QB does not allow for more complicated splitting of transactions. I have a third party payment processor (LawPay) and on one occasion I received funds from a client and processed a partial refund to a client on the same day. In my trust account, however, this only processes as a net deposit. There is no way in QB to split this transaction into both a partial refund to one client and a payment from another client, so when I do reconciliation this transaction consistently pops up (it has been doing this for over a year), so in EVERY reconciliation I have to just ignore it. This is annoying. Also, QB online does not have all the functionality I need for law firm trust accounting, so I had no choice but to go with the desktop version. I would have liked to have had the option of using the cloud version so that I could more easily use the software on my desktop and also on my laptop while traveling. Instead, I can install the software on my desktop and my laptop, but I can't really use the software on my laptop and have it sync - rather my laptop is useful if I need to recover my file and then switch to using my laptop only.

QuickBooks User

Reviewed on 18/10/2018

Accounting, tracking expenses, handling taxes, doing payroll, creating invoices and tracking both customers and vendors.

Pros

I've been a QB user for almost two decades. What I like about this software is that it's easy to learn and use, especially if you don't really have an accounting or bookkeeping background. Their support has always been excellent and very helpful when needed. While there are cheaper accounting software programs, QB has been around a very long time, has superior customer service, and caters to users who may not have much accounting experience as well as those who do. It's also easy to get started if you're new to the software. They also have other options to help small business owners, such as payroll. I've used their payroll service (both basic and advanced) and I have found it to be very useful, affordable, and easy to use.

Cons

I'm a Mac user and the QB software isn't as great on a Mac as it is on a PC.

Response from Intuit

Thanks for your loyalty to QuickBooks these past two decades, as we're proud to have been by your side all this time. Your comments were a pleasure to come across, as we strive to provide the payroll tools and support you deserve. Because we also work hard to ensure our software is accessible to users of all backgrounds, we've created self-help spaces like our Community (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o) in case you ever have workflow or accounting questions.

As for the differences you've noticed on a Mac, rest assured I'm here to ensure your software is working just as well on all operating systems. At your earliest convenience, feel more than welcome to send me a message directly at [email protected]. That's my inbox, and I have the knowledge and tools to get you squared away.

Talk soon!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

QuickBooks is my 1st choice for small and medium company!

Reviewed on 5/3/2019

I used QuickBooks a lot. In my current company, we use QuickBook for all consolidated entities in US and internationally. Experience is very positive. Our international locations are able to input monthly data into QuickBooks, timely for consolidation. Our US locations use QuickBooks with a lot of functionality. Reporting is very simple and logical for accountant. It is very easy to generate income statement and balance sheet, double click on any number and export details in Excel right away.

Pros

QuickBooks is very widely used and is extremely simple. It just follows accounting login without extra thinking and it is very convenient. You can extract basically anything into Excel in a few seconds. You can double click on any number in balance sheet or PL report and get full details of accounts and then, entries. As for small and medium businesses, it is definitely my 1st choice. Everyone knows QuickBooks. Accountants are hard to find. So, if you use QuickBooks, it is much easier to do recruitment as there are a lot of accountants who know QuickBooks pretty well. So, you can focus on other skills in your recruitment. This makes recruitment for accounting team less challenging. Moreover, QuickBooks is so simple and there is a lot of training provided. I also like QuickBooks customer support - responsive and simple way to address problems. I work for global company with US headquarters and multiple international locations. We use QuickBooks for all entities. I love consolidation function in QuickBooks when it access multiple QuickBooks entities (you just need to input password for each QuickBook company) and quickly generates income statement and balance sheet reports with each consolidated company next to each other. This makes consolidation easy and quick. Overall, QuickBooks is a great ERP!

Cons

When your business grows, it eventually outgrow QuickBooks and you need to implement new ERP, such as Oracle or SAP. I can't think of any other issues. QuickBooks is really a good ERP to start with. Also, many companies might not grow to that large corporations which need larger ERP. Also, QuickBooks does not have audit trial (necessary for public companies), but you can incorporate month-end closing password preventing people from modifying prior period records, after month is closed.

Response from Intuit

Reviews like yours are why we do this as it's wonderful to read your comments about how QuickBooks has been easy for you to use and implements in your businesses, while still providing you detailed and logical insights from reports.

In regards to your cons, QuickBooks actually has a built-in audit trail report called the "Audit Log". If you'd like to see more about this report, please see the following article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/The-Audit-Log-What-it-is-how-to-use-it/m-p/186180

I hope this helps to clarify the Audit Log report. Thank you again for the lovely review and for being a long-time user of the program.

All the best,
Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Bulinda
  • Industry: Events Services

Inexpensive To Account for every Dollar

Reviewed on 6/8/2019

My business is staying afloat because of QuickBooks and we can see our future being very profitable by using this software. I can do all summary reporting without having to do a hard copy by hand which takes a lot of time. The software has the key components of making sure all credits and debits are inserted into its proper place. The only errors are that of those we make and this software will not allow you to insert numbers if they do not add up. The accounting tools are fantastic and a very valuable insight in our business.

Pros

QuickBooks has been a very simplified way of managing and tracking our every dollar earned. I have utilized this software for over four years and it is very simplified. Our debits and credits are accounted for with each ledger that we handle. Our customers are happy with our business and that keeps us stress-free in all aspects of the business. Our business does not have to outsource any accounting to a bookkeeper or any one outside of the company.

Cons

I have as of today after four years of having this software can not find any cons. I really enjoy using QuickBooks and I teach the program to everyone that must keep quality control moving smoothly.

Response from Intuit

Thank you for the rave review, Bulinda! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of ensuring the success of your business over the last four years. Our software wouldn't be what it is today without great customers like yourself who use and refer others to try it. It's our mission to continually work on new enhancements and features to make QuickBooks an even more versatile tool for you to use. To hear news on what our developers are working on, we recommend checking out our official blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv.

Thank you for being part of our QuickBooks family!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

I taught my brother over the phone!

Reviewed on 12/2/2020

I would and have recommended this product to anyone starting or operating a business for its ease of use. You do not need to be an accounting major or have years of bookkeeping knowledge to figure out how to use Quickbooks. If my brother can learn to use it, so can you.

Pros

The home page is streamlined by tasks and makes it easy to move through the different modules; accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll. Many years ago I chose Quickbooks Pro desktop for my brother when he started his own company. He was using the old "file the receipt" in a box method and then once a year giving his "files" to his CPA for tax purposes. This method was okay when he was working for someone else but when he started his own business he needed to have his bookkeeping computerized and asked me for help. I chose Quickbooks Pro because I was able to teach myself and used it often enough I knew I would be able to guide him over the phone ny using the icons on the home page. Without any previous bookkeeping or computer knowledge, he can now invoice his clients, post payments and reconcile his bank statements all by himself.

Even the payroll module is easy to use and navigate and with the right set up will calculate wages & taxes due. You just enter the employee hours and hit submit. You can then print paychecks or with the enhanced version use direct deposit. It helps keep you government compliant by letting you know when taxes and reports are due and lets you submit reports and pay taxes through the payroll module.

Cons

I do find the enhanced payroll through Quickbooks to be little pricey since you have to pay a yearly fee, a monthly fee and a per employee fee each payroll but it is a full-service payroll option and about as much as using an outside service.

One of the features I find to be annoying is the customize report option. There are so many fields you can choose in the customize your report option that just will not populate with any information and you end up with empty columns. It would be better if only usable fields be listed in customize report instead of every available field found anywhere in Quickbooks. If you can't use them, lose them.

Still riding market share for over 20 years

Reviewed on 26/8/2020

Bank transaction downloads, account reconciliation, payment and invoice recording, tax reporting.

T...

The experience has been fraught with frustration, loads of rework, arcane and unexplained entry rules, dead end data experiences, all punctuated by frequent Intuit attempts to reach for more money out of my pocket.

Pros

Basic functions of creating payments, invoices, bills, checks, etc are workable and fairly intuitive.
Banking Center makes initially downloading bank transactions fairly simple.
Once you modify a report to the point where it is useful, QB can memorize it for ongoing use.
As soon as you get beyond those, best to get prepared with an accounting degree, lots of time to do google searches, and some antacid or aspirin.

Cons

1) if you want to do any interaction with exported files or bank downloads, be prepared to be gouged for the price of a new license every 3 years.

2) for that repurchase, you get very little to nothing improved except more ways Intuit can offer add-ons (for a price).

3) reports are available mostly in standard accounting formats. Detailed custom listings are hard to get at best via the transaction lists. For line items you took the time to enter into a Bill, it's literally impossible.

4) Bank Feeds transaction approval screens are an abomination. Modifying/adding columns: not possible. Finding a rule that auto modifies your entry: good luck. Figuring out how to make a new rule: better google it. Figuring out how to reverse an accidental entry: get out the antacid and aspirin. If that downloaded tran should have been a bill pmt, get stronger antacid.

5) transaction lists: hope you only want to see either ALL, Current Period, Last Period or Next Period. Else get used to a boatload of sorting and scrolling, because there's no way to bracket your data within custom dates.

6) Home screen: want a clean simple Home to find your functions quickly? Too bad; Intuit would rather hit you with marketing. Want to see only a few Account Balances and hide those you never use? Sorry!

7) Support: virtually non-existent outside of the QB User forums, so hope that someone else has asked your question already.

Has any developer at Intuit ever held a user focus group or been a user?

Julie
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Easy but Incomplete, Still Usually the Best Option

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

QuickBooks is really all there is in a lot of ways, with so much of the market share, they don't have to be REALLY good, just work. It's too bad because it's overall a solid product as long as you choose the traditional PC version that requires either one user or a server. I have been using QuickBooks for 20+ years and while I have also had the pleasure of other software, this is the one I am always most comfortable in. That said, it'd do from a big upgrade of it's online and Mac version.

Pros

QuickBooks desktop for PC is the simplest option for most businesses, it has all the features that you need for small- medium sized businesses and for the most part, it's a great option. It is easy to change things when you make mistakes (see cons) and it has robust reporting for an inexpensive program. The system is so widely used, most folks know how to operate it and it's incredibly easy to train if not. It's an accounting system but really only for those who need ease over data integrity.

Cons

Oh QuickBooks, your online version is terrible, your Mac version is also sub-par and your customer service really leaves so much to be desired. Never ever use Intuit payroll. When the file size gets too big, without any warning, things get wonky, numbers will flash up and then change while doing the bank rec, your 'Search' function sucks but ironically, 'Find' works great. You let me change my transactions by warning me it's not a good idea but hey, I'm a rebel. The lack of system integrity (ability to change and/or delete closed transactions) is a real auditor's bane. Still, you're the best value so we keep you around and you work most of the time for what we need.

MIP Fund Accounting

MIP Fund Accounting

100% Price Point decision
Theresa
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Quickbooks online review

Reviewed on 7/1/2021

It had been a number of years since I had used Quickbooks, until recently. I'm happy to say the program is as user friendly as I recalled. We have since transitioned to online version for more robust project costing. The transition was seamless and did not require any particular IT training, which was appreciated. The online version is easy to use, but has lots of room to improve upon its current functionality.

Pros

Very intuitive, functional program. You do not need to be an accountant to use this program. We recently upgrade to the online version from the desktop version to track project costs more accurately. I am happy to see the many improvements and advancements. The project cost tracking is simple, and graphic visuals translate current status very nicely. The dashboards are wonderful for management team, at a glance they can make a quick assessment of financial well being. Making corrections within this program has to be one fo the quickest and easiest in all my experience.

Cons

The project portion could be more robust. I would like to see more detail available on project set up. Project custom reporting could use some improvement, as what is currently available while useful, not creative or customizable. The tax reporting features are wonderful, easy to use but do not allow for issuing any necessary remittances with ease. Something I saw frequently mentioned in help communities for some time now, but there has been no improvement made here. Hopefully something that can be expected in the near future.

Jon

Effective for the cost.

Reviewed on 22/3/2018

Pros

It's effective for the cost. I use Desktop version. It's less expensive than paying an accountant. You can simply save to a flash drive using Desktop. Actually, my accountant for tax purposes primarily recommended this product to me. The product itself works. I use it primarily for sales invoicing, reconciling with the bank balance and financial reporting for our small digital marketing firm. I also used a Quickbooks third-party vendor for income tax filing 1099 purposes, and it was a good referral from Quickbooks. It's a universally accepted accounting program, and it gets the basic job done.

Cons

The user interface is a bit un-user friendly. Some of the menu items are too many layers down and oddly arranged. You have to go looking for some of the menu items. There's no option to show just inactive accounts, only active or both. What if I just want to see previous clients only? That's just one example of how it's not user friendly or well designed enough. More investment on the part of the company is needed to fine tune the program. Also, the integrated program option for cloud storage of your Desktop data is not user friendly enough either, at best. That's why I just save to a flash drive. I'm researching getting an on-site physical cloud for backup data storage. If you have a billing or technical issue, it may take literal work hours or days to solve it (sometimes tech issues go unsolved by the telephone customer service reps). My billing issue was solved but it took multiple days of calling and very lengthy conversations over the same billing error which occurred more than once. The tech issue involved Desktop integrating with the cloud. It's not always smooth.

Glenda
Glenda
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Works well for payroll and quarterly reports. Reports are GREAT!

Reviewed on 23/7/2018

Pros

Easy to use most of the time. Keeps records well and you have many options in "reports". Payroll is relatively easy to use and if something goes amiss the "help" line can help you get it straightened out pretty quickly once you get to the correct person.

Cons

Customer service wait time. Also, if you have a problem, say, with payroll, you go to the payroll department and they know their stuff and correct errors, etc. However, in a few instances, the actions they did or led me to do affected the other side of the page, i.e., the profit and loss and they seem oblivious when they make the change. Later when you go to to the staff with knowledge of the P&L, they don't seem to realize the affects on the payroll. It is hard to explain here, but this is what happens. It would be better if all staff knew both P&L and payroll and you got one person who knew what and how to fix. Also, always getting "foreign" speaking people with accents that are difficult to understand in English makes is very frustrating.

Response from Intuit

Hi there, Glenda. Thank you for taking the time to reach out with your honest comments. I want to ensure you always get the help you need when it matters most, and know just where you should go next time you reach out.

If you haven't yet, I encourage you to find us on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares). We have reps monitoring these spaces, and they're expertly trained across all product lines. Within their hours of availability (M-F from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. EST), you can expect low wait times and quick responses. An added benefit is this support channel is chat-based, so you can reply at whatever time works best for you. Because we're just a message away, everything is right in front of you and easy to comprehend.

Likewise, these reps can be found in the Community Q&A forum (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o). This is a 24/7 self-help option, which doubles as a digital troubleshooting/how-to library. Jump into the convo anytime!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Michael

Feel Trapped With No Options

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

I am a sole Proprietor of a one man service business, I really only need this for keeping track Wisconsin sales tax, state and county. I work in 8 Counties & the sales tax has to be kept track of for each. .5% per county 5% for the state and there are customers who have tax free numbers that aren't taxed. Schools, churches, etc.
When I file/pay the sales tax (quarterly) I have to show how much income I have taken in minus the non-taxable income. My old desktop version showed this all on one page. In QuickBooks online it is like pulling teeth to obtain that information, I usually have to call support and sometimes they can do it sometimes not.
I just bought an obsolete Dell laptop with Windows 7 Pro installed on it, my plan is to install a desktop version of QB software on it and it will be safe to use until 2020 when Windows 7 Pro support ends. Then I may disable the wifi connection and just use it for the QB!

Pros

When it is working it is OK, not as easy to use as the desktop version but at least it gets the job done. I had a desktop version that Windows 10 rendered obsolete. My choice was to buy QuickBooks 2017 and hope Windows 10 wouldn't do the same thing to it or go with the online version, I went with the online version. In November there have been 2 updates that didn't update correctly & caused my desktop icon to disappear.

Cons

When I need to go to a customer whose name begins with R I can't just scroll to the R's! I have to page through, scrolling to the bottom of each page to get to the right area or go to the last page and page backwards. Why do they not put a next page icon on the TOP of each page also? The point of using software online is to save time and money, my time is worth money! Recently there were updates that didn't work correctly and left me with no icon on my desktop. I didn't want to call support because it always takes an hour or more. I tried the help forum and got 2 answers neither of which worked. Finally, there was a 3rd update and I got it straightened out.