Ricochet

Retail & Consignment Point of Sale System

4.8 /5 (110 reviews) Write a Review!

Gary M.

Not Just Consignment Software - A solution.

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Barcoding, website/storefront sync integration, layaway, reporting, a loyalty program for my customers, auto-discounts, easy access to online vendor sign-in so my consigners can see what is selling, what is owed to them and when contracts are ending, it stops the unnecessary phone calls throughout the day asking if a vendor has money to pick up.

Pros

It is flexible. I can make this software adapt to my business needs. I can be a consigner, a store shop owner, a flea marketer, ebay consigner, craft store, space rentals, a retail store and so much more. If there is an internet connection I am in business.

Cons

Ease of posting products on to the website. I am hoping the new app with help out with this. I would like to use one simple method to post a product directly to my website with pictures and all. I can kinda of do it with the mobile browser but would be so much easier with a dedicated app. I think this would help our vendors to add products.

Allow for other credit card company choices. I prefer Square as my credit card provider so to process credit cards I need to switch apps to process the transactions. It's a pain but not a deal-breaker.

Cost is a bit high at $109 a month and an extra $39 for the website. So the total annual cost to run the software is almost $1,800 a year. You save a some money by paying annually rather than monthly.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5 stars, Gary! We'll keep cranking away at new features that might fit your needs. The good news is that we have a significant update in the works to make the vendor listing process much better!

Kristi H.

A User Friendly Software with Exceptional Customer Support

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

We always feel heard by the Ricochet team and appreciate their willingness to discuss possible improvements or even explain why a desired feature may not be effective in meeting all their customer's needs. We understand that not every feature we may want is an asset for every store/shop they service.

The pros outweigh the cons and we actually value their commitment to delivering a software that works but isn't overwhelmed with "bits and pieces" of features that only meet the needs of some.

Pros

We began our consignment business with Ricochet and truly believe it played a huge part in our success and is a key to our continued growth.

Our team frequently comments on how easy it is to use the software. Many of us have had past experience with systems that were cumbersome and clunky; in comparison Ricochet has an interface that makes it easy to train new staff. Our new staff members quickly get comfortable and confident in using the POS which allows our team to focus our attention on better serving our customers and consignors.

As we have grown, Ricochet has evolved along with us. The Ricochet team is constantly working on making the software better and adding features that give us the ability to do business more efficiently. It is important to us to be partnered with service providers who are always looking to enhance their services because it enables us to also always be improving.

Their customer support is exceptional. A team member is always readily available to assist and answer questions. We appreciate this level of service because it allows us to offer the same value to our customers and consignors.

Cons

There are some features and capabilities we hope to see in the future.

Response from Ricochet

Fantastic review, Kristi! Reclamation has been a part of our success too! Thanks for your commitment and thoughtful feedback.

Madeleine M.

Great Program for Small Handmade Business

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Pros

Ease of use for me and for my handmade artist vendors, great reports as an owner that are easy to look at at a glance and keep me on the right track, and the vendors love being able to see in real time what items of theirs are left and what's sold, helps take some of that stress of extra communication off of me.

Cons

There's a couple things that went away with the update that I liked being able to do that can't do anymore, or are done differently but really it's a small thing compared the amount of help this program offers.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Madeleine! Making changes to the software is always a back and forth struggle between adding, taking away, and refining features. We're so glad you're on board!

Sommer S.
  • Industry: Furniture

Mabel’s Market for Ricochet

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Pros

Ricochet was instrumental in helping us get our business off the ground. The personal attention and comprehensive software helped us reach out to vendors and assist customers with confidence. Ricochet is invaluable for accounting purposes and we’ve also used it to track past sales and make future plans.

Cons

The frequent upgrades to the system have sometimes been tricky for our consignors to use.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Sommer! You've been around with us for a while, so your store has definitely seen a lot of changes. Fortunately, most of our updates for the near future are focused on fine-tuning the software and not doing major overhauls.

Randy`` D.

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Good. I thought the program would have more to offer than it has, but it still has better functionality than my old one.

Pros

It's a very user-friendly program that makes training a new person easy

Cons

No cash drawer module to help count the cash drawer
It needs a way to make a store purchase without going on the books
I've made several mistakes on pay-outs because there is no "Through Date" on individual Consignor accounts
Too many clicks to get a receipt
Needs a daily Consignor report
Needs a build a custom report function

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the feedback, Randy! Deeper cash counting and balancing is something we have high on our priority list. Same with some deeper reporting.

Glad you're having a good experience with Ricochet so far!

Heidi K.

Great Service!

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

I have loved this software. It offers lots of overlap of accounting, sales, website and customer access. It is slick!

Pros

The customer support is phenomenal. Response to questions is fast and the staff ALWAYS know the answer to my questions.

This software, is also easy to use and offers lots of ways to gather data and sort through data.

Cons

It is missing just a couple features that I would like. For example, you can only look two pages ahead or behind when looking up products.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Heidi! We will be sure to pass on the love to our support team.

Thanks for the feedback as well! It's always interesting to hear the different wins and fails people have for their various business needs.

Tanya H.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Reviea

Reviewed on 10/2/2021

Pros

Very easy to use. Exporting existing inventory and vendors was easy.

Cons

A bit pricey for someone in Canada with the exchange

Kathryn L.

The Most Amazing Customer Service

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

This is the first and only software I've used. I did tons of research before I purchased and I have not been disappointed. They have been extremely responsive to my questions and issues (100% of which have been my error).

Pros

The easy of communicating with the company when I run into a snag.

Cons

There are a few reports I with that I could generate that don't exist. Example "Average Monday Sales". I also with that there was a way to change the status on products from "expired" to "picked up" in mass. I haven't found a way to do that yet.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5 stars, Kathryn! Bulk status updating is very high on our development list and schedule to get built out in Q1 of 2020. So keep an eye out for that!

Michelle G.

Best Consignment Software

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Our experience is fantastic and I love that they make themselves available to us any time.

Pros

Easy to use and great customer service.

Cons

not being able to do intake and price in a list and remove items to donate or picked-up.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the glowing review, Michelle!

Good news! Bulk status updates are VERY HIGH on our development timeline right now and expected to be added in early 2020. We'll keep you updated!

Gary H.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Customer of several years

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

The new version hasn't really provided any new benefits, just headaches and frustration.

Pros

I DID like that we could do individual reports for our clients (both inventory and sales).

Cons

I HATE the new version. A LOT LESS user friendly and not as compatible with our estate sale business now. Looking for other options.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the honest feedback, Gary. Sorry, you're having a rough time with the latest updates. We'll have to reach out and get more details so we can make sure you're having a better experience.

Jodi F.

Ricochet is cool

Reviewed on 29/12/2019

Over all I like the staff and how they are willing to wok with you.

Pros

Very easy to use. I like the fact if I wanted to do consignment s I can with this Softwear.

Cons

The steps it take to do a sale. It should take
Know more than three steps.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the feedback, Jodi! We're always trying to make things more efficient. We will take a look at the POS screen and see if there are more ways we can streamline things.

Mai B.
  • Industry: Furniture

Software

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Overall, we love the flexibility and ease of use.

Pros

Being able to use this either at the register or on my phone when on the go.

Cons

Some discounts would come up incorrect and consigned discounts were always wrong.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Mai! We'll have to reach out to see where the conflict is in your discounting system. Glad you're loving the mobility of the platform.

Angie W.

Happy with Ricochet

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Over all it has been good. I plan on continuing to use Ricochet.

Pros

It's easy to learn the program. Very quick and fast to get costumer service.

Cons

More steps to adding inventory then I am use to.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the review and feedback, Angie!

Laura M.

So far

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Pros

Consignors access time their inventory and sales

Cons

Reporting isn’t as user friendly.
Need to add reports per consignor.
Needs an app.
Returns aren’t a short process

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the review and feedback, Laura!

Stephanie M.

Easy to Use and Outstanding Customer Support

Reviewed on 13/11/2015

The software is fairly intuitive, but it does seem to have a few glitches. However, rebooting usually solves the issue. A number of times the wrong SKU comes up when the tag is scanned. Not sure why, but refreshing usually works. We've noticed some inconsistencies in assigning items to consignors in the payout reports. It seems odd that when we need to correct pricing or items in the consignor reports Ricochet needs to make those corrections for us. Sometimes it is difficult to scroll through the pages on say the Inventory screen. It only goes so far and you have to begin again or just type in the page number. The credit card reader is a bit finicky. The swipe has to be just right to read the card on the first try. We've had a couple of instances where the receipt printer was spewing paper and we weren't able to clear it, but that was most likely operator error and Ricochet fixed it pretty quickly.
On the plus side, Ricochet has always been available either by phone or chat to answer questions when issues arise. They must work around the clock, since we're East coast and they are West coast! The look and feel of the on screen pages is clean, clear and professional. We only have a few months of experience with the system, but overall we feel confident it was a good choice for us.

Al R.

6 months and we are 100% satisfied

Reviewed on 5/5/2015

We at The Blue Pineapple Consignment boutique have been using the Ricochet software for 6 months and we are 100% satisfied in every way possible. We searched for the right software for months before we decided on Ricochet. It was designed for non technical people that care about results, not programming. And for the most part, anyone can learn to automate their consignment business with little or no training with this software. There are perpetual upgrades, processing integration, and the best customer support ever. If anyone needs a personal recommendation before taking the plunge, feel free to contact me on my cell anytime. Al Rocuant 941-376-0648 The Blue Pineapple Consignments Cairo, Ga.

Dana P.

easy to use, quick to learn, can assess from anywhere,

Reviewed on 12/3/2016

The software has been A perfect solution for starting our business. I like that it calculates the Tax percentage, different report summary, vendor tracking, prints checks, able to customize for each vendor, is easy to put in inventory and keep track of what has been sold. The support has been exceptional and they have gone above and beyond to help us in everything that we have needed . I would highly recommend the software to any new vendor/consignor type of store.

Lisa J.

ABSOLUTEY AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 26/5/2016

Ten stars!!! This software is incredible. We have been open one week and have had NO issues. It was simple to learn and the demos and support were also TEN stars!!! Our Makers (consignors) are also very happy that they can keep an eye on their sales and inventory any time. Many, many thanks to Brady and Nick for their awesome software that has made our huge adventure that much greater!!!! WE LOVE IT!!!!!!

Barbara S.

Amazing doesn't begin to describe...

Reviewed on 19/2/2015

I starting working at my mother in law's store with zero experience with any kind of store system of inventory or a point of sale and this system is so easy to learn how to use. It is amazing and a life saver!! Customer Service is absolutely amazing. If I have ANY questions or concerns, they are quick to respond and help me out. I recommend this software to anyone that wants a system with great support.

Erin rewa M.

We are a new store and have been using the software for about 6 months- We love it!

Reviewed on 5/4/2016

Finding a software that is simple to use, accessible, and yet robust enough to handle our needs is not easy. Ricochet is exactly what we needed! If we have a question about the way it works or a report all we have to do is call or live chat. The guys are GREAT! We are part of NARTS and we will be sharing this software with everyone we can.

Janice B.

Great user friendly software with excellent customer support!

Reviewed on 13/11/2015

Easy to use, great reporting features and excellent customer support.

Would very much like to have ipad bluetooth bar code scanners softweare upgrade available in the near future to simplify my point of sale tracking.

Would like to have the ability to delete duplicate entries without it them remaining in the inventory control reports.

John W.

Great Software for for any consignment store!

Reviewed on 13/11/2015

The Software has been great to work with, and the crew at Ricochet have been incredibly helpful. I call or email them with a question and they get back to me right away.

What could have been the most difficult part of starting a consignment business, Ricochet Consignment Software has made it so simple.

Erica S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

The Only Software You Need For Your Consignment Shop

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Pros

The personal one on one assistance & customer support is unmatchable. Everyone on the Ricochet software team is so genuinely nice & supportive whenever you need customer support. The support team is always available and has been there for me any time that I ever called for help. They help you with any issues within minutes.
I love that my consignors can view their accounts so easily & can do so with user-friendly technology. I have never once had a consignor unable to access their accounts or have any trouble using the software.
I have managed a consignment store in the past for five years & have now had my own shop for close to three years; so, I am very aware of the consignment business. I am so grateful to Ricochet for meeting all the needs & wants of a consignment shop owner. Thanks to Ricochet, my consignment business is so organized, safe, and user-friendly. I have loved this software since day one of using it & have never had to look elsewhere.

Cons

Honestly, I really love everything about this software. Perhaps a few features can be perfected...but I know the team will get to any of those imperfections with the next update.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks so much, Erica! We love hearing such wonderful feedback from fellow experts in the consignment industry! We will keep working on perfecting those features for you.

Christina F.

Hands down best consignment software

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

I have been VERY pleased with Ricochet and how it has helped me, my consignors, and my business.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and track my business. It has really streamlined processes for both me and my consignors. As a result, I have saved myself several hours of work each week. I can't recommend Ricochet enough!

Cons

Some of the reporting isn't as intuitive as I would like but I can always get help when I need it and figure it out pretty quickly.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the love, Christina! We have long term plans to build a pretty serious update to the reporting structure. Several new reports, new dashboard widgets, etc. We'll keep you in the loop when things start happening.

Capri W.

Everyone Loves Ricochet!

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

I absolutely love this software and my vendors do too. Three years in and I will still receive emails from vendors saying how much they love Ricochet and the convenience it offers them. It has everything we need in one place - point of sale, inventory, and a way for everyone to track what has sold and needs replenished.

Pros

We love the accessibility of this software. We use it at our shop, at home, when we take our products out on the road, and everyone that sells with us can use it from their homes too. This software is the most important part of running my small business!

Cons

When they recently redid the interface we lost a couple (menial) features that I used often like sorting the consignors from oldest to newest or from payout large to small within the software. We can totally function without these things, but have missed it a little since the update.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5-stars, Capri! We LOVE LOVE LOVE when our customers use the software to it's fullest! Glad to hear you use the tools in so many different situations, and that your consignors love it too.

Thanks for your feedback as well. Definitely noted!