Ricochet

4.4/5
4.7/5
4.9/5

tammy

Absolutely the best software for your business!

Reviewed on 27/1/2020

My overall experience has been phenomenal from customer service to the user friendly software for a newbie like me!! Literally customer service walked
me through how to do a closeout 5 months in a row...until I realized how truly simple it was to do. I was the one trying to make it complicated!

Pros

I love have it tracks every sale I have ever recorded from the item purchased to who purchased. For how much was made for store andfor the consigned all the way down to the tax collected!! Also the report feature...at the touch if a button you know weekly sales..monthly sales, how much netted, how much for each vendor...just amazing!

Cons

That I am not able to quickly see what a consignor made for one year. It only has total of all sales and I have vendors who have been with me since I bought the store in 2017. This is very minor since I can easily add up sales.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5 stars, Tammy! We're so glad to have Craft Connection on board and enjoying the software!

In regards to consignor reporting, we have plans for a serious expansion later this year. We'll keep you updated!

Randy``

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Good. I thought the program would have more to offer than it has, but it still has better functionality than my old one.

Pros

It's a very user-friendly program that makes training a new person easy

Cons

No cash drawer module to help count the cash drawer
It needs a way to make a store purchase without going on the books
I've made several mistakes on pay-outs because there is no "Through Date" on individual Consignor accounts
Too many clicks to get a receipt
Needs a daily Consignor report
Needs a build a custom report function

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the feedback, Randy! Deeper cash counting and balancing is something we have high on our priority list. Same with some deeper reporting.

Glad you're having a good experience with Ricochet so far!

Stephanie

Easy to Use and Outstanding Customer Support

Reviewed on 13/11/2015

The software is fairly intuitive, but it does seem to have a few glitches. However, rebooting usually solves the issue. A number of times the wrong SKU comes up when the tag is scanned. Not sure why, but refreshing usually works. We've noticed some inconsistencies in assigning items to consignors in the payout reports. It seems odd that when we need to correct pricing or items in the consignor reports Ricochet needs to make those corrections for us. Sometimes it is difficult to scroll through the pages on say the Inventory screen. It only goes so far and you have to begin again or just type in the page number. The credit card reader is a bit finicky. The swipe has to be just right to read the card on the first try. We've had a couple of instances where the receipt printer was spewing paper and we weren't able to clear it, but that was most likely operator error and Ricochet fixed it pretty quickly.
On the plus side, Ricochet has always been available either by phone or chat to answer questions when issues arise. They must work around the clock, since we're East coast and they are West coast! The look and feel of the on screen pages is clean, clear and professional. We only have a few months of experience with the system, but overall we feel confident it was a good choice for us.

Jordie
  • Industry: Furniture

Great software and great value

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Our vendors love this software, it is easy for them to use. We switched from another company and do not regret the switch. Very good support dtsgg.

Pros

Consignor access, webstore, good reporting options

Cons

No debit option for type of payment in checkout
No way of adding booth rental deductions

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the review, Jordie!

Check out the "bulk credit adjustment" and individual consignor adjustment in consignor accounts. Sounds like that will solve your need for charging rent to vendors.

We're super glad to have West Coast Resale on board with us!

Jennifer Whitney

Best software around

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Great tech support and great software!

Great tech support and great software!

Pros

Hands down best consignment software we have used.

Cons

Not much.... I love it and all of my consignors.

Shopify POS

Reasons for Choosing Ricochet

Wanted the best software out there.

Shopify POS

Reasons for Switching to Ricochet

Was told by another user that it was great.

Response from Ricochet

No complaints! Thanks, Jennifer!

Lisa
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Exceptional Customer Service

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Easy to use. Excellent support!

Easy to use. Excellent support!

Pros

I am a jewelry artist. I have my jewelry on consignment in several different locations. Two of my locations use Ricochet. I love it! It is easy to enter my merchandise and I can see in real time what is selling. That is amazing!

Their customer support was exceptional. I couldn't believe it. I did a software upgrade on my computer, which for some reason erased my label printer software. I reinstalled but it wouldn't print labels. I contacted Ricochet and got [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], one of their IT people. Remember...I am a consignor in stores that use Ricochet...so they are not actually making any money off of me. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] spent over an hour with me trying to fix it. Ultimately he couldn't so suggested I contact Dymo For a week I tried to find a way to contact them...no luck. Next I contacted Microsoft to see if anyone else was having problems printing after the upgrade. That was a total nightmare. Their IT person was in another country, didn't speak English very well, and was reading from a script. It was awful. Most customer service is like that now.
I contacted [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] again today and he gave me contact info for Dymo. I will be trying them next now that I have their contact info!

Cons

The only complaints that I have is that it was a little hard to figure out how to get help. As a consignor I don't have direct access to them. I found their "help" blogs I read an article about label printing but it didn't fix my problem so I gave them a "frown face". They started a chat with me almost instantly.

The the complaint is the jewelry tags that they use. Barbell jewelry tags are awkward to use. I use rat tail jewelry tags with other software. You can actually print a barcode and description with those. I am assuming that would be better for the store also as they would'nt have to hand enter the SKU.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the review, Lisa! We love to hear that both consignors and stores get to have an excellent experience with Ricochet. Please reach out to us if you are still struggling with that label printer. We can give it another shot.

Chris

Converting an existing store over to Ricochet Consignment Software

Reviewed on 8/1/2020

EXCELLENT!!

EXCELLENT!!
I highly recommend them not only is the software easy to use, easy on the eye and has lots of potential for the business to grow the customer service is by far the best I've ever had!!

Pros

I had been looking for 2years for a software that would make the POS side of the business easier, but also have room for growth and that is exactly what i found. The software does so much more than I am even using at this time. The Customer Support is ABOVE great!! I'm not a techy person and they do a great job helping me solve issues and it's often but it's always been on our end. They are patient and actually get back with you asap. That part is priceless!!! I look forward to growing our business with Ricochet!!

Cons

it's made for bar code scanning and there's a few issues that causes in the converting process because we were doing all manual entry but it's part of the growing pains I guess.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the wonderful review, Chris! Super glad to have Ten Pin on board with us! We will pass on the love to our customer support team. They will be happy to hear the praise.

Carey

Consignment Software

Reviewed on 26/12/2019

We really like the software and have been impressed with the company and the support.

Pros

Easy to use, pretty self-explanatory. Customer service is always helpful and spot on. In the time we've used it, they've improved and updated the software pretty regularly. Looking forward to more integration with Quicken, as they've said would be coming. I would like full inventory integration. Overall, really good value for the money.

Cons

A little glitchy on the rare occasion - sometimes it does not work as expected. But it is pretty rare. I know that it was originally designed for large item consignment (furniture) and they've improved the functionality for smaller item consignment, but there are still a few things that could be improved in that area.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Carey! We are always doing our best to improve the software and are glad that it is working better for your needs.

Karla

Ricochet review

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

ricochet technicians are always helpful, its nice that at the end of the month all our reports are done, easy to access, cuts a lot of time that we can use in other areas in the store.

Pros

24/7 access to all the accounts
easy setup
multi vendor friendly
easy to navigate
excellent technical support

Cons

the colors display. but not a deal breaker.

N41

Reasons for Choosing Ricochet

didnt have 24/7 access to accounts I had to remember to the end of business to do an end of the day.(close sales for the day) and ricochet automatically does it for us.

Reasons for Switching to Ricochet

Response from Ricochet

Woah! A perfect 5-stars! Thanks, Karla!

Lisa

Consignment Software User

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

We have had a great experience with Ricochet!

We have had a great experience with Ricochet!

Pros

We love the ease of Riochet POS, it is straightforward and simple. We find it easy to train employees as well! Communication is top notch with Ricochet, love having the chat option for instant assistance.

Cons

Lack of reporting. It'd be nice to break down inventory and have extensive reports on consignors and sales.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the review, Lisa! We're glad it's so easy to train your staff on. That's a great thing to hear.

Regarding reporting, we have been meeting internally about how we want to expand the reporting section. It will be a pretty serious update. We'll keep you updated.

Amanda

This software is incredibly easy to use and has streamlined our checkout process. We love...

Reviewed on 5/12/2017

Pros

Ricochet is intuitive and easy to use. The reports make daily accounting easy and quick. We also added integrated processing and that has cut our checkout time in half. Our consignors love that they can see their sales online and we love that it is easy to pay them out and track payments. We use the rewards program to incentivize our in store events, and it makes marketing to our customers easy. The customer service is great. We have never had an issue arise that we did not receive immediate help with. The Ricochet team takes our feedback into consideration and is always improving the software to better meet our needs. We had a difficult time finding a POS that met our shop's unique needs, as we are both a consignment and new item retail shop. We have found that Ricochet was what we needed to bridge the gap between two different types of inventory. I also found that the ability to use Ricochet on multiple devices a huge plus. We sometimes tak an Ipad outside for sidewalk sales, and this was the only POS that allowed us to do that. We have been using Ricochet for 6 months and continually like it more and more!

Madeleine

Great Program for Small Handmade Business

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Pros

Ease of use for me and for my handmade artist vendors, great reports as an owner that are easy to look at at a glance and keep me on the right track, and the vendors love being able to see in real time what items of theirs are left and what's sold, helps take some of that stress of extra communication off of me.

Cons

There's a couple things that went away with the update that I liked being able to do that can't do anymore, or are done differently but really it's a small thing compared the amount of help this program offers.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Madeleine! Making changes to the software is always a back and forth struggle between adding, taking away, and refining features. We're so glad you're on board!

Germaine

Amazing Product and so EASY to use!!!

Reviewed on 22/12/2019

It was amazing. Would recommend this to anyone, especially those just starting out.

Pros

This software is so user-friendly! Very easy to maneuver the dashboard and the customer service every time I had a question was out of this world!

Cons

Theres not much I did not like! It was all great

ConsignPro

User friendly

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the wonderful review, Germaine! And thanks for recommending us to those just starting out as well!

Sommer

Mabel’s Market for Ricochet

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Pros

Ricochet was instrumental in helping us get our business off the ground. The personal attention and comprehensive software helped us reach out to vendors and assist customers with confidence. Ricochet is invaluable for accounting purposes and we’ve also used it to track past sales and make future plans.

Cons

The frequent upgrades to the system have sometimes been tricky for our consignors to use.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Sommer! You've been around with us for a while, so your store has definitely seen a lot of changes. Fortunately, most of our updates for the near future are focused on fine-tuning the software and not doing major overhauls.

Bryan

Hands down amazing customer service

Reviewed on 21/12/2019

Pros

The software allows us to manage our customers and suppliers effectively. What amazes us the most is the personal touch and responsiveness of their support team. No matter the time of day there team is available to help!

Cons

Additional sales reporting tools similar to a business intelligence package would be helpful. The data is there just being able to manipulate easily would be amazing!

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Bryan! We're working closely with some great BI tools to influence and direct our upcoming reporting features. We'll keep everyone in the loop as things progress.

Lily

My Ricochet Review

Reviewed on 21/12/2019

Good

Good

Pros

I like the ease of use and the simplicity. The customer support is also good.

Cons

We use this software for consignment clothing and the new product card isn't as user friendly as i'd like.

You can't tab to the price window and it's easy to delete the consignor in which case you have re-instate their name/account.
Also the notes window sometimes take 2 tries before it will save.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the feedback, Lily! We'll explore some of these bugs and struggles you're having with inventory and consignors. Hopefully, getting things sorted quickly!

Amie

Over 2 years and still loving it!

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

We have had a wonderful experience with Ricochet. The staff and management are wonderful to work with, extremely helpful and readily available! We love Ricochet.

Pros

I love the accessibility of the software, all of the breakdowns of our daily sales and the ease of use. Everything is so well tracked it makes taking a quick look at how my days, months and years are going smooth and effective.

Cons

I really dont have any qualms about the soft wear at this point.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Amie! We're so glad you've enjoyed Ricochet for so long!

Elizabeth

Thankful for this Software

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Prior to Ricochet each vendor in the store had pages to which their inventory tags were stapled. Totals of all the tags at the end of the month were added by hand. Accuracy was always iffy and if we lost a tag that vendor wouldn't get credit for it. Now we are absolutely sure of the accuracy of vendor sales and payouts each month and vendors can see in real time as their items sell. It has been a win-win for everyone!

Pros

* Ease of Use
* Intuitive
* As a vendor, entering inventory data is easy and intuitive
* As an admin, going in and correcting errors is fairly easy
* As a bookkeeper, pulling the reports I need to reconcile accounts is very helpful

Cons

* Inability to pull a mass daily report summary - right now I can pull a daily summary for one day or I can pull a summary report that gives me totals for a period...but I cannot get a report that shows summary level data for each day in a period without pulling each report by day individually
* The ability to fully customize reports to pull the specific data that I need

Hannah

We LOVE Richochet!

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

Pros

When we entered the consignment business my only "requirement" was that we use some type of software. I researched several different options and loved how Ricochet looked (app-like as opposed to processor-ish). Plus the customer service was so helpful. I talked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
a lot early on and then [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
. They've always been extremely helpful and accessible. I like that I haven't had to go through automation or operators to get answers. They've even been accessible on Saturdays when we had an emergency issue that needed to be resolved.

Cons

To be honest there aren't many cons I can think of. I wish I could add variants from the inventory page instead of having to go to the preferences. As of right now that's about all I can think of.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5 stars, Hannah! Our team is always so happy to work with you when problems arise. We'll pass on the love to the rest of the team.

Jhanvi
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to Use Software For Inventory Management

Reviewed on 23/1/2023

Ricochet is a perfect software for all the organizations who manage day to day business inventory. It's a Complete Package with powerful feature to make your work easy and effective.

Pros

It's a perfect software for Inventory Management and very easy to use. It offers many effective features like Inventory Management, Accounting, Retail CRM that helps you to manage your data impactfully.

Cons

I didn't have any issue with the tool when managing my tasks. From My side their is no any disadvantage of this software.

GOERGIA

RICOCHET IS A MUST FOR CONSIGNMENT!!!!!

Reviewed on 12/2/2024

RICOCHET HAS BEEN A LIFE SAVER FOR US. WE ARE NEW TO THE BUSINESS AND THIS SOFTWARE HAS MADE IT SO EASY TO WORK THOUGH THE BUSINESS.

Pros

WE LOVE LOVE THE COMPANY! ALWAYS THERE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS AND HELP. SO FRIENDLY AND PATIENT....EVERYONE IS AMAZING. WE WERE NEW TO ALL OF THIS AND THEY MADE THE TRANSITION SEAMLESS : ) HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Cons

I CAN'T REALLY THINK OF ANYTHING I DON'T LIKE

michelle

Best Consignment Software

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Our experience is fantastic and I love that they make themselves available to us any time.

Pros

Easy to use and great customer service.

Cons

not being able to do intake and price in a list and remove items to donate or picked-up.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the glowing review, Michelle!

Good news! Bulk status updates are VERY HIGH on our development timeline right now and expected to be added in early 2020. We'll keep you updated!

Kim
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great for vendor or consigner businesses

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Fast check out for customers. Easy to read tags. Great support staff and always available

Pros

Fast, easy to look up items, great month end reporting

Cons

Need consigned to be able to delete items

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the review, Kim! Straight 5-stars!

rebecca

Awesome software system

The customer service is amazing

The customer service is amazing

Pros

The price! It was a great value and a lot less money then other systems

Cons

Didn’t automatically take out cc fee for vendor accounts

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Rebecca! We're glad you see so much value in Ricochet!

Trina

We love Rico!

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

I’ve found Rico to be user friendly. The help pages and videos have been great.

I’ve found Rico to be user friendly. The help pages and videos have been great.

Pros

Ease of use for logging and tracking sales

Cons

I can’t think of anything negative about this software

Response from Ricochet

Party on, Trina! Thanks for the 5-stars!