Ricochet

110 Software options

Darla J.

Ricochet user

Reviewed on 11/1/2020

Pros

Ease of use, accessibility of customer support on weekdays, the price is fair, lots of features.

Cons

Unless this isn't a software issue (and instead is a lack of knowledge on the user's part) I don't care for how small the print is on the stickers we print to put on our inventory.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the feedback, Darla. We're sorry that the print is too small for your labels. As we build more label templates, there may be a way we can give you the option to increase the font size.

Bart L.

Rico Cosign Review

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

Overall a good experience. Customer service is prompt and helpful 9 times out of 10. It is only occasional that a problem cannot be fixed but just tolerated.

Pros

Ability to Organize Consignment Items.
Multiple updates
Sleek design

Cons

Some of the data analytics are lacking
-Sales by product are only for store inventory. (i would like to be able to search consignment items as well)

Clickable links are missing in some menus but available in others. (i.e clicking sale # to generate a receipt)

There are a few other small hiccups like this that seem hard for the developers to change so they end up waiting for other users to make a request.

In an update old items that had been sold as expired now show up on batched consignor payouts. While this is honest it is slightly off-putting to a consignor to see this. I think it would be better to just leave 0% items off of a payout. (I can manually take these off a payout but it is time-consuming)

Sometimes features I enjoyed in an old version were dropped in an update

I would like to see sales by hour of past days.

Sometimes glitchy (could be our computer)

Dawn Z.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Very Functional Ricochet Consignment Software

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

We have a complex non-profit consignment art business in which inventory turns over completely each month or every two months. We are also staffed frequently by volunteers. This software has provided a much needed view into exactly where our business income comes from and it enables us to make better and quicker business decisions.

Pros

This functional software is easy to learn and easy to use with a quite complete Help section. There is a lot of capability built into the software which allows for many categories ans stores. The consignment versus store inventory is a nice bonus.

Cons

Being able to send sales reports to Quickbooks is non-existent. Being able to sort on Consignment inventory versus Store Inventory is also lacking. It would also be very helpful to be able to run a report on the top-selling consigners weekly and monthly, as well as the top customers daily and weekly.

Response from Ricochet

Building a comprehensive online support center was one of our largest endeavors last year. We're so, so glad it's working well for you. Thanks, Dawn!

Tammy B.

Absolutely the best software for your business!

Reviewed on 27/1/2020

My overall experience has been phenomenal from customer service to the user friendly software for a newbie like me!! Literally customer service walked
me through how to do a closeout 5 months in a row...until I realized how truly simple it was to do. I was the one trying to make it complicated!

Pros

I love have it tracks every sale I have ever recorded from the item purchased to who purchased. For how much was made for store andfor the consigned all the way down to the tax collected!! Also the report feature...at the touch if a button you know weekly sales..monthly sales, how much netted, how much for each vendor...just amazing!

Cons

That I am not able to quickly see what a consignor made for one year. It only has total of all sales and I have vendors who have been with me since I bought the store in 2017. This is very minor since I can easily add up sales.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5 stars, Tammy! We're so glad to have Craft Connection on board and enjoying the software!

In regards to consignor reporting, we have plans for a serious expansion later this year. We'll keep you updated!

Kevin G.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Great Consignment software.

Reviewed on 21/12/2019

Pros

It meets our needs. I like most of the features and I think it could be used for a wide array of shops

Cons

Nothing is perfect, I think there are little tweeks I would recommend on a weekly basis. That said most of the works arounds are sufficient. Currently, with it being the end of the year I wish I could delve deeper into analytics with the software.
Another would be the POS interface with CC processor, figure that shit out already!

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the review and feedback, Kevin!

Lisa F.

Consignment Software User

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

We have had a great experience with Ricochet!

Pros

We love the ease of Riochet POS, it is straightforward and simple. We find it easy to train employees as well! Communication is top notch with Ricochet, love having the chat option for instant assistance.

Cons

Lack of reporting. It'd be nice to break down inventory and have extensive reports on consignors and sales.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the review, Lisa! We're glad it's so easy to train your staff on. That's a great thing to hear.

Regarding reporting, we have been meeting internally about how we want to expand the reporting section. It will be a pretty serious update. We'll keep you updated.

Tina S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

How did I live without this in business for 22 years!

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

I’ve owned and operated my business for 23.5 years. I did everything by hand, the old fashioned way for 22 of those years. Wrote everything down and kept all my records on paper. Yes I know, I’m a little crazy for that. Spent hours everyday doing paperwork. Approx 18 months ago, I purchased this software and my entire life changed, for the BETTER! My business has grown by leaps and bounds because all that time I used to spend doing paperwork is now used to further my business.

Pros

Everything. I love every single thing about this software. Ease of use would be #1

Cons

Only that I didn’t buy it sooner! I haven’t found anything that I don’t like about it yet. There are some features that I don’t use (that I probably should be using) that I will implement in the future I’m sure.

Response from Ricochet

22 years! Wow, Tina! Clearly you are doing something right. Super glad to have your store on board!

John W.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Finding Ricochet was the final piece we need to start our business.

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Pros

Finding Ricochet was the final piece we need to start our business. We looked at number of Inventory and POS systems. Ricochet was the only one that checked all of our boxes. Once we decided to test drive the system, the guys at Ricochet were extremely helpful via email and phone.

Cons

Can't think of any cons. The guys at Ricochet listen to their customers and work to implement any changes that will benefit the system and their customers.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, John! So, so glad Ricochet was the solution you needed!

Hannah B.

We LOVE Richochet!

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

Pros

When we entered the consignment business my only "requirement" was that we use some type of software. I researched several different options and loved how Ricochet looked (app-like as opposed to processor-ish). Plus the customer service was so helpful. I talked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
a lot early on and then [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
. They've always been extremely helpful and accessible. I like that I haven't had to go through automation or operators to get answers. They've even been accessible on Saturdays when we had an emergency issue that needed to be resolved.

Cons

To be honest there aren't many cons I can think of. I wish I could add variants from the inventory page instead of having to go to the preferences. As of right now that's about all I can think of.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5 stars, Hannah! Our team is always so happy to work with you when problems arise. We'll pass on the love to the rest of the team.

Travis T.

Ricochet Consignment Review - Best for saving time

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Over all for inventory tracking and keeping multiple consigners inventory straight is the best for our business.

Pros

I love the fact that it has a backdoor to have the consignee's check their inventory and that it is so easy come tax time that I can click a report and it is as easy as that.

Cons

The biggest Con for us was the webstore shipping, it just didn't work for our business. We ship way to many small items.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5 stars, Travis! Your shipping situation is particularly tricky! We may have some online shipping integrations coming up soon that might be able to help.

Sean D.

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Pros

It is very easy to use. Excited to start selling online through Ricochet.

Cons

Since the update, you aren't able to put in consigned inventory on the products screen. You have to go into the consignor's account and add inventory that solely belongs to that one consignor. It is inconvenient when we are putting in multiple inventory from multiple consignors.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5-star review and feedback, Sean!

Francesca G.

Fantastic Software for your business

Reviewed on 12/4/2019

This software takes away all your stress of keeping inventory and customer under control.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and make keeping track of inventory and customers a breeze.

Cons

No cons to think of its a great software program

Chele T.

Amazing Software

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

I am very pleased with this software and I am excited for the new features that are planned for the upcoming year.

Pros

I love the ease of using this software. It works really well for my bridal consignment shop.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to add documentation to each customer or consignor.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Chele! Super glad Ricochet is working so nicely for your store!

Bonnie S.

Very user friendly .

Reviewed on 14/11/2015

I am new to the business of owning a consignment shop. So the software was incredibly intimidating to me. Within days it became obvious to me that I was going to be able to learn the program with not a lot of difficultly . Here is my real reason for writing this summary. The owners Brady, Nick are just amazing. There were days where I phoned them three, four times a day. Never did they make me feel like I was a bother or incompetent . They walked me through the program over and over again until I was comfortable to move onto the next . The day I opened Brady helped me over the phone with several transactions. I have been open for two weeks now and doing well . It's all very exciting. I have yet to learn the next steps to running the business as far as writing checks etc. . Yet, I have no fear that Brady will be there for me again every step of the way. I looked into other programs and it was hard to know what would be right for me. Well I no longer wonder . I have talked to others with different software and I know without a doubt this was the best fit for me. Thanks Brady for all your patience and support . I could not be up and running so smoothly without you.

Heidi S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Ricochet is worth the money!

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

We were able to place our inventory in a store that is owned by someone else and set up our system so that they can sell our items without them being on consignment.

Pros

This software is so easy for us to use! They helped us set up our account so that it could be used in a leased space by people who do not work for us. It is simple to set up, use, and keep updated.

Cons

There is nothing that we really had issues with other than a couple of things we needed trained on in the beginning.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5 stars, Heidi! We were super glad we could accommodate your unique situation. And even more glad it is working well for you!

Joanne T.

Bargain

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been brilliant so patient with me!

Pros

I think it’s a bargain for what you get!

Cons

I don’t like that you can’t change the amount that is owed to the consignee after the sale

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the five stars, Joanne!

Robert D.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Solid Consignment POS Option

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Pros

User interface is nice, very straightforward and easy to get acclimated.

Cons

We run a resale store, not consignment, and it does not fit our needs as well.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the review, Robert! Retail is an endeavor we have recently stretched into and will continue to be pursuing. Perhaps sometime we will be a better fit.

Doreen P.

The Best POS program!!!

Reviewed on 14/11/2015

The very best I have ever used and the most friendliest and professional help. We love the program.

Erica S.

The Only Software You Need For Your Consignment Shop

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Pros

The personal one on one assistance & customer support is unmatchable. Everyone on the Ricochet software team is so genuinely nice & supportive whenever you need customer support. The support team is always available and has been there for me any time that I ever called for help. They help you with any issues within minutes.
I love that my consignors can view their accounts so easily & can do so with user-friendly technology. I have never once had a consignor unable to access their accounts or have any trouble using the software.
I have managed a consignment store in the past for five years & have now had my own shop for close to three years; so, I am very aware of the consignment business. I am so grateful to Ricochet for meeting all the needs & wants of a consignment shop owner. Thanks to Ricochet, my consignment business is so organized, safe, and user-friendly. I have loved this software since day one of using it & have never had to look elsewhere.

Cons

Honestly, I really love everything about this software. Perhaps a few features can be perfected...but I know the team will get to any of those imperfections with the next update.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks so much, Erica! We love hearing such wonderful feedback from fellow experts in the consignment industry! We will keep working on perfecting those features for you.

Capri W.

Everyone Loves Ricochet!

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

I absolutely love this software and my vendors do too. Three years in and I will still receive emails from vendors saying how much they love Ricochet and the convenience it offers them. It has everything we need in one place - point of sale, inventory, and a way for everyone to track what has sold and needs replenished.

Pros

We love the accessibility of this software. We use it at our shop, at home, when we take our products out on the road, and everyone that sells with us can use it from their homes too. This software is the most important part of running my small business!

Cons

When they recently redid the interface we lost a couple (menial) features that I used often like sorting the consignors from oldest to newest or from payout large to small within the software. We can totally function without these things, but have missed it a little since the update.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Ricochet

We chose Ricochet because vendors would be able to access their accounts from home which saves my staff and I a lot of time counting things and sending emails/making phone calls. We have also been really happy with the credit card processor they hooked us up with (Gravity) the fees so far have been less than using Square.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the 5-stars, Capri! We LOVE LOVE LOVE when our customers use the software to it's fullest! Glad to hear you use the tools in so many different situations, and that your consignors love it too.

Thanks for your feedback as well. Definitely noted!

Christina F.

Hands down best consignment software

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

I have been VERY pleased with Ricochet and how it has helped me, my consignors, and my business.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and track my business. It has really streamlined processes for both me and my consignors. As a result, I have saved myself several hours of work each week. I can't recommend Ricochet enough!

Cons

Some of the reporting isn't as intuitive as I would like but I can always get help when I need it and figure it out pretty quickly.

Rose for Square and Square for Retail

Reasons for Choosing Ricochet

I didn't have a good way of managing consigned inventory, running sales reports and I had a LOT of hours tied up in manually entering consigned inventory.

Reasons for Switching to Ricochet

Support and customer service along with functionality.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the love, Christina! We have long term plans to build a pretty serious update to the reporting structure. Several new reports, new dashboard widgets, etc. We'll keep you in the loop when things start happening.

Abraham L.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

One of the easiest consignment software!

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

We have no problems at all, everybody we talk to is super nice and answer our questions asap. Thank you guys for always being really helpful and quick about it.

Pros

The software is easy to handle and probably the easiest also.

Cons

There's a few small things like not being able to put 1 item description with multiple sizes from different consignors. Wish we could do the same thing like Shopify has with Instagram where you can tap on the item on your feed and it'll take you straight to our website.

Response from Ricochet

Hey Abraham, thanks for the review! 5-stars!

We are actually working on a pretty hefty web-integration that will empower you to list and sell directly from Instagram. It should be coming soon!

Thanks for the feedback!

Chris M.

Converting an existing store over to Ricochet Consignment Software

Reviewed on 8/1/2020

EXCELLENT!!
I highly recommend them not only is the software easy to use, easy on the eye and has lots of potential for the business to grow the customer service is by far the best I've ever had!!

Pros

I had been looking for 2years for a software that would make the POS side of the business easier, but also have room for growth and that is exactly what i found. The software does so much more than I am even using at this time. The Customer Support is ABOVE great!! I'm not a techy person and they do a great job helping me solve issues and it's often but it's always been on our end. They are patient and actually get back with you asap. That part is priceless!!! I look forward to growing our business with Ricochet!!

Cons

it's made for bar code scanning and there's a few issues that causes in the converting process because we were doing all manual entry but it's part of the growing pains I guess.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks for the wonderful review, Chris! Super glad to have Ten Pin on board with us! We will pass on the love to our customer support team. They will be happy to hear the praise.

Carey C.

Consignment Software

Reviewed on 26/12/2019

We really like the software and have been impressed with the company and the support.

Pros

Easy to use, pretty self-explanatory. Customer service is always helpful and spot on. In the time we've used it, they've improved and updated the software pretty regularly. Looking forward to more integration with Quicken, as they've said would be coming. I would like full inventory integration. Overall, really good value for the money.

Cons

A little glitchy on the rare occasion - sometimes it does not work as expected. But it is pretty rare. I know that it was originally designed for large item consignment (furniture) and they've improved the functionality for smaller item consignment, but there are still a few things that could be improved in that area.

Response from Ricochet

Thanks, Carey! We are always doing our best to improve the software and are glad that it is working better for your needs.

Karla S.

Ricochet review

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

ricochet technicians are always helpful, its nice that at the end of the month all our reports are done, easy to access, cuts a lot of time that we can use in other areas in the store.

Pros

24/7 access to all the accounts
easy setup
multi vendor friendly
easy to navigate
excellent technical support

Cons

the colors display. but not a deal breaker.

Response from Ricochet

Woah! A perfect 5-stars! Thanks, Karla!