Flipsnack

Create magazines, catalogs, brochures and other publications

4.5 /5 (177 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
Thomas j S.
  • Industry: Media Production

Flipsnack Review

Reviewed on 25/1/2019

We are using it to display our print magazine online to web visitors and overally have had a good experience with Flipsnack.

Pros

Very easy to get started. We used several other products that were more expensive, less features and harder to use before finding Flipsnack.

Cons

Nothing yet that we have found but we are just beginning to use it at scale. If I were to pick something I would like to have more options it would be on gating it. We use it on a membership site so I have had to find ways to gate the pages themselves instead of the reader.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Thomas,
Thank you for the kind review. It would be very helpful for us to know more about how you would like to gate access to your online magazine. Who knows, perhaps we'll find a solution! Please email us at [email protected]

Jennifer J.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good product, but looking forward to future improvements

Reviewed on 29/7/2019

We have a very limited (beta, really) type of "intranet" which is not very interactive and really only allows for links to information, which with all the employee information we need to put out there, results in a lot of scrolling. Flipsnack allows me to condense all those links into a more dynamic and visually engaging product, cutting down on the clutter of our employee self-service website.

Pros

It is relatively easy to use/self-teach how to use, and I find the analytics feature useful as we had no prior means to be able to gauge whether or not the information being published was being accessed or read. With the analytics feature, I'm able to home in on what topics need to be better promoted to our employees.

Cons

I would like to be able to have more customization ability, such as the ability to size an embedded flipbook (most books are embedded on our intranet and they appear much too small or with too much padding, despite attempts to resize the book in the HTML coding). I'd also like to be able to have the title of the bookshelves appear directly over (or on) the shelf itself so that the shelves could be better organized and easier for readers to understand what topics are on the shelf.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your great review! We're glad to hear that you find the analytics feature useful. Also, when you copy the embed code of the flipbook, you have the option to leave it responsive or set some custom sizes for the embed. Maybe this helps.
Thank you for your suggestions regarding our bookshelf widget. I have forwarded them to our tech team, so stay tuned for new updates!

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

I really like this, but could be better

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Its a good experience

Pros

Its very easy to use and to adapt to your needs, you have many options to use.

Cons

The page where the flyer is, could be better, like ipaper as an example, you have the flyer in fullscreen.
On Flipsnack thats not possible. (Unless when you pay u have that possibility)

Response from Flipsnack

Hello, We're very happy that you're enjoying your experience with us. We will certainly take into consideration your recommendation. Thank you for your review!

Jessica K.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Perfect for annual reports & e-booklets!

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

Pros

Flipsnack is incredibly user-friendly -- for those creating with it and those consuming content. It's the perfect tool for our nonprofit for making flip-able e-books of things like annual reports and meeting booklets.

Cons

The only downside is the limit on catalogues we can make -- but that just means we are using the software more than we expected and probably need to upgrade our subscription!

Response from Flipsnack

And perfect for you! Hi, Jessica! Thank you so much for the kind words and the 5 star review. If you would like to know more about our pricing plans please check out our page or simply contact our Live Chat Support and get the right Plan subscription for your unique needs.

Michael C.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Online Learning

Reviewed on 17/7/2020

Pros

With the switch to online education during the global pandemic, my students loved and appreciated the authenticity of reading a digital flip book as opposed to a Word or PDF document.

Cons

The only limitations that I experienced is due to the features of the free version. I’ve previously only used the software once a year for a single assignment, but with the current prospect of returning to online learning, I will speak to my school about a paid subscription so that I can fully utilize this amazing software.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Michael,

We are so happy that you and your students enjoy Flipsnack. Offering free classroom for teachers it was our solution to help in this time when we need to be more united. Regarding our pricing plans please check out our page or simply contact our Live Chat Support and get the right Plan subscription for your unique needs.

Josh H.
  • Industry: Automotive

Excellent For Our Digital Magazine

Reviewed on 11/3/2020

Overall, I am very happy with Flipsnack. I use it to easily create magazines so that we can have something fun for our audience and also have more places to advertise. I think this will be a huge money maker for our business as we close more clients.

Pros

It was easy to brand the magazine and embed any youtube videos I'd like in it. I can easily find stock images to place in, which is one of my favorite benefits! You can even place them within certain shapes. You can use templates and see some really neat stats like impressions, views, and my favorite... how long they spent on the magazine. Customer service is very attentive and can usually fix my problems or answer any questions that I have. Easy to embed on our website.

Cons

While I appreciate the detailed stats, the stats on clicks seem pretty useless and I cannot get a good answer from customer service about it. I have stats on pages where there is nothing to click and stats on pages that don't exist (stats on page 25 for example when there is no page 25 for that magazine). When downloading a CSV of the stats, it makes even less sense and isn't even congruent with the stats on clicks from the website.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Josh!

Thank you for taking the time to review Flipsnack!

We took note of the issue you're having, and the development team is looking into it as we speak. This definitely sounds like an issue, and we want to resolve it as soon as we can.

Thank you for your patience, Josh! We really appreciate customers like you!

María B.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Excellent Software for me and all entrepreneurs!

Reviewed on 6/3/2020

Flipsnack makes my job more practical. This product helped me to achieve my goals and improved the quality of my work. For this reason I choose it every day.

Pros

Flipsnack is really easy to use. It has modern features, like the shadows on the paper and the beautiful noise when you pass the pages. I think that it´s so cool and useful.

Cons

I´m satisfied with the product. I don't have anything to say about cons. Keep on working Flipsnack! You´re on the right way..

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Maria!
Thank you for an awesome review!

Danielle H.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

KwikBoost Review

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Good experience - I've only used support once and they were very responsive.

Pros

I like all the features and the ability to create documents in the software. We don't use this feature since we design in the Adobe Creative Suite... but I have found this as a good option for sharing content internally and externally.

Like that you can just save over existing files ... really helps us with version control.

Cons

The filing in folders seems finicky. I'll move docs to a folder and go back into the software to find that they aren't in the folder.

I also can't upload docs directly into a folder. This would be helpful and more efficient since right now I upload a document and then once it's published have to move it into a folder.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi, Danielle! Thank you for your kind review and we are more than happy that Flipsnack is the right platform for your needs. We are sorry for the filling in the folders problem. Please contact our Live Chat Support. Our experts will be more than happy to help you.

Jay W.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Good value for money

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

The overall value for money of this software is good and the help/support has been excellent. Queries are dealt with quickly and with clear results.

Pros

The user interface is simple and easy to use. Hot boxing images to provide cliackable links to videos and websites is great. Providing readers with the option of downloading or viewing simplified versions is also useful. Having clear statisitcs is also handy so that you can better understand your audience.

Cons

Whilst you can build a publication from scratch with only this software, uploading a pdf designed in external programmes (such as InDesign) is better due to the limited design features in comparison. The app for mobiles/tablets is a little limited and could be expanded with more features.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Jay,

Thank you for your comprehensive review!

April S.
  • Industry: Publishing

Flipsnack Review

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

At WILDFIRE, we've been using Flipsnack for 18 months. It has definitely helped us feel much more legit in the magazine publishing world. I love that I can meet my readers where they want to read, whether it is digitally or in print, and Flipsnack keeps my digital readers very happy.

Pros

As the publisher of a magazine that is both digital and in print, Flipsnack has been great for giving my online readers a true-magazine feel without having to fork over the cash for the print version. I love how classy Flipsnack keeps my magazine. Prior to using Flipsnack, readers were scrolling vertically and it felt much more blog-like. The horizontal feel is much more like a traditional magazine.

Cons

Literally the only thing I would change if I could about the software is enable folks to continue to flip through the magazine after zooming in. It is a little cumbersome to zoom in, read, then have to zoom back out to flip the page.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the review.
We'll keep your suggestion in mind!

Amanda M.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

A great resource for e-learning!

Reviewed on 22/7/2020

By using Flipsnack booklets, I have been able to share my teaching resources online via social media, my department website and on other teaching platforms and have gained extremely positive feedback from the teaching community and more importantly, from my students.

Pros

I love the simplicity and ease of use of the software and the speed in which it generates a professional interactive booklet from a PDF that I can then share online.

Cons

I would love to create more Flipsnack booklets but the free trial has a limit of 3 and my education budget is limited so I can't afford the upgrade cost at the moment. I have shared my Flipsnack booklets with other teachers do hopefully my school will purchase a license.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Amanda, Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear Flipsnack is a great solution for you and your students. Our Classroom plan is free now! If you're a teacher and you want to use Flipsnack with your class, please contact us. For more information you can take a look here https://www.flipsnack.com/edu.html

Mark P.

Customisable Datasheets

Reviewed on 3/8/2020

Having all our datasheets together and allowing clients to download via links has saved us considerable time and effort over the last few months.

Pros

The product was easy to setup and integrate functionality and links for CTA processes. We managed to put our library of datasheets together in a few hours too.

Cons

The only think was having a limitation on creating new datasheets, but we fully appreciate FLIPSNACK need to make money commercially and in the future we will be looking at paying for additional facilities.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Mark, Thank you for your review! Our team is continuously improving Flipsnack. Stay tooned for more features!

Greg R.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Flipsnack

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

Fantastic

Pros

This is a fantastic tool and I love using it.
The templates are great , the support is also very good and overall its a winner

Cons

The annual subscription is a bit heavy for a company my size but if I were to grow it would be more beneficial

Response from Flipsnack

Hey, Greg! Thank you for your kind review. We hope your company will grow soon so you can enjoy more Flipsnack features. Although, our pricing plans are designed to suit different needs of our users so if you have any questions about this topic do not hesitate to contact our Live Chat Support.

Glenn M.
  • Industry: Events Services

Easy and pleasy

Reviewed on 7/10/2019

Great too for online magazine publications

Pros

The versatility and the ease of use of the program makes magazine and booklet editing a breeze.

Cons

Stats section should be better displayed and perhaps price could be better

Response from Flipsnack

Hi, Glenn! Interesting way to describe Flipsnack. Thank you for sharing your happy experience with us. We are in the process of redesigning and improving our stats section, so stay close. Also, our pricing plans are designed to suit different needs of our users so if you have any questions about this topic do not hesitate to contact our Live Chat Support.

Carmel B.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Tak one step at a time!

Reviewed on 21/7/2020

Pros

It gives great results. i like that you can have information about the subject without interfering with the composition.

Cons

It is a steep learning curve so you need to be patient. It is not reallyuser friendly until you use it a lot and make mistakes!

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Caramel, Thank you for your review! If ever you have any questions or you can't find something feel free to contact us. We're always ready to help you with anything you might need.

Jennifer V.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

We love this product for showcasing digital brochures

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Pros

We love how it has the magazine layout that allows a guest to get the same experience as if we printed it out for them. This really helps us cut down on our paper costs and how we send files to clients.

Cons

I do wish it had more capabilities within a smaller subscription level, as we did not upgrade to premium, but that is my only complaint. Otherwise, I absolutely love the product.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Jennifer,

Happy to hear that Flipsnack helps you cut down on paper costs! Thank you for your great review!

Ivana K.

Flipsnack 4 School

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Online and blended teaching.

Pros

This product is easy for use. I made some e-books with this tool. Students made their books with picture and then I made an e-book. I don't know how to add them in my team. You're helping the teachers and tha's really nice. Thank You!

Cons

Integration with other app.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Ivana, Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear Flipsnack is a great solution for you and your students.

Len S.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Great Tool

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

Pros

Very easy to use, intuitive. The ease of making the final product available was great.

Cons

Once I got oriented with the features, there were no issues.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Len!

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate it very much!

James F.
  • Industry: Music
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Love this product

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Excellent service

Pros

I love the ease of use and how it makes my document look so professional.

Cons

Nothing. I liked how easy it was to use it.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you for your five stars review, James!

Bobby B.

Great Resource with Many Uses

Reviewed on 8/2/2019

The software does what it was designed to do and its fairly easy to use. For companies looking to create business related epubs or flipping books the software is very useful.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. The overall quality is also good. If you're looking to create a stunning ecommerce catalog or simply a company journal - Flipsnack can handle it.

Cons

The Snacktools branding and the overall cost of professional verisions of the software.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you, Bobby!

James G.

Flexible Flipbook Service

Reviewed on 22/1/2019

Pros

Software is very easy to use, handles large documents (200+ pages) well without issue. Basic customisation options and ability to password protect and embed flipbooks

Cons

No way to embed password protected flipbooks, no option to have a "private account" where there is no public profile.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi James,
Thank you for your review.
We'll keep your suggestion in mind regarding password protected documents.
The private profile has been requested for a while now. We made it possible just a few weeks ago, but only with the new Business and Enterprise pricing plans.

Kiwy R.
  • Industry: Design

Good tool

Reviewed on 21/7/2020

Pros

The easiest way to create a magazine look.

Cons

Can´t edit the pages once you upload the files and create a mag, everytime I manke changes I have to upload all files again.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Kiwy, Thank you for your review! Please contact our support team to help you with your problem. If ever you have any questions or problems feel free to contact us. We're always ready to help you with anything you might need.

James E.
  • Industry: Insurance

Flipsnack, the best hidden secret to publishing print media online.

Reviewed on 16/7/2020

overall it works, very well.
And took little to no time to setup.

Pros

ease of use and offered features. There are templates to help get you started and you can upload a pdf and convert it to digital presentation with just a few clicks.

Cons

Having to sign up for enterprise to get the custom domain name.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello James,

We are so happy that you are enjoying a lot of our features and that Flipsnack is the right app for you. We really appreciate your feedback.

Janet S.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Not the right platform for my needs

Reviewed on 19/5/2019

See above. I found another platform that fit my needs better and is more user friendly.

Pros

It offers a publishing and selling platform all in one and the magazine or book style page turning format is appealing.

Cons

I wanted to publish an eBook for online sale. The issue with Flipsnack is that I had to either enable to download link for everyone, or embed a download link only available to those who purchased the book, and then include instructions in the booklet for customers to click on the link. It was not easy for those who purchased the booklet to figure that out without contacting me. I needed a simple platform where people could purchase and immediately download the file without the extra hassle.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, Janet! We have forwarded them to our tech team, as they are working to develop the selling features in the near future. In the meantime, we're glad you found the right platform for your needs!

Great for creating

Reviewed on 22/1/2019

Pros

Creates clean professional online look books that can be easily viewed through different mediums. The additional url link buttons were also really handy.

Cons

Some layout features were tricky to use - overall easier to create pages through other software and to upload them as images.