Flipsnack

Create magazines, catalogs, brochures and other publications

4.6 /5 (181 reviews) Write a Review!

Richard M.

Using for Professional Development

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

BEgan using the free version for one year, then wanted to expand offerings and have been very pleased with the basic vpaid version value for money.

Pros

The way you travel through the information presented is much better than a standard scrolling presentation.

Cons

The platform takes a little while to become comfortable with navigation.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your great review!

Sujee K.

Flipsnack review

Reviewed on 22/1/2019

It has been great. I would recommend this software to anyone looking for a simple, yet quality way to showcase any literature, videos or promoting any of their product/services.

Pros

You don't need to be tech savvy to get started. There are beautiful templates ready for you and a lot of options to customize. Publishing is simple and the entire process from creating to publishing is straightforward.

Also, love the option to download PDF and JPG versions of the flipbooks. I use it a lot when I'm creating a flyer or poster for a project I'm working on.

Cons

There can be minor lags when opening up the flipbook and it would be great if we can get a table of contents widget as an option when building a flipbook from scratch, rather than only having that option available when uploading a PDF.

I would love to see more regular updates with new templates.

Response from Flipsnack

Awesome review and awesome suggestions! Thank you!

Lauren R.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

First time creating a flipbook -- easy!

Reviewed on 22/1/2019

In general, Flipsnack has been easy to use. This is my first time creating flipbooks. I would love if Flipsnack could also assist with designs and make the editing process easier. It would be great to actually go into my test and make small edits.

Pros

All you have to do is create the pdf and upload. Easy to send a link.

Cons

The links didn't copy over from the pdf. I have to remember to add them in the finished flipbook online. Also couldn't figure out for a while how to not let clients see our other flipbooks. In addition, difficult to figure out how to edit the flipbook online (rather than deleting and uploading a new one).

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Lauren,
Please contact our support about the links situation. If they are added correctly as hyperlinks in the PDF they will be automatically imported in the flipbook, thus save you a lot of time. We'll probably ask for a sample PDF, test it out and see if there's a problem on our end, or we may have suggestions on how to add hyperlinks in the PDF.
We'll also keep your other suggestion in mind, regarding a design service team.
Thank you so much for giving us feedback!

Shannon T.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Elevates our Marketing Material

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Pros

Ever job I have gone to, I have introduced teams to this software and they are always so impressed on what it can do to elevate our sales pitches and marketing material. This software allows us to stop with the oversized pdf attachments and link engagement information with video content that sets us apart from our competition.

Cons

Once upon a time there wasn't the ability to embed a video, but after suggesting that a few years ago and customer service keeping us informed it would happen, it has and that's why I am loyal. They listen and enhance the software to work for their customers.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for recommending us! We're glad to hear Flipsnack is a great solution for your sales team!

Stephanie S.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

A Good Solution for Creating PDF Booklets

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

Flipsnack has been a good beginning solution for us. We needed to be able to provide potential and existing customers with an easier to read option for our catalogs and ebooks. Flipsnack was easy to use and implement and we never had any problems with our customers being able to view the products. It gives it that final professional touch!

Pros

It's simple to upload and converts quickly. I like that it has an editor in the app and that you can have interactive links in the booklet. I also like that it gives viewers the option to download a pdf version.

Cons

I wish you could customize the URL. This is only available with the highest paid plan.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you for your kind words! We're happy to hear that Flipsnack is a good solution for you

Catherine H.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 21/7/2020

Easy, fun, creative, professional, helpful and a great product overall.

Pros

It is easy to use, especially if you have some knowledge of Photoshop or similar but even if you don't, you soon pick up how to use it. Any issues, the customer service team get back to you ASAP and are very helpful. Very happy you can now edit a double page and can create a product that looks great and very professional.

Cons

The only feature I wished it had was double page editing but they recently added this into the system so I am very happy.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Catherine, Thank you for your review! We're so happy that you're enjoying Flipsnack. Our team is continuously improving Flipsnack. Stay tooned for more features!

Flipsnack as a sponsorship deck tool

Reviewed on 21/5/2019

I can develop very creative and interactive sponsorship decks that customers can enjoy and flip through with ease - while also creating a printable PDF deck for them if they choose to share a printable version with their colleagues.

Pros

I like the ability to customize including images and video for each of the sponsorship decks I produce for clients. To easily change out or add pdfs to the decks is a huge time saver for me, and allows me to be as creative as I would like, without reinventing a deck every time.

Cons

There really isn't too much I don't like.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey there,
Thank you for your kind words!

Justin C.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Works for Us

Reviewed on 10/1/2020

We are a smaller non-profit that is using Flipsnack to display our quarterly newsletter and annual report. It gives a very professional quality when we can email the link to the direct full-page animated PDF. We also have embedded the designs on our website for visitors to view.

Pros

It was easy to add a premade PDF and turn it into a live animated magazine or newsletter.
Easy to integrate with our existing website.
Customer Service was great.

Cons

Can be a little overwhelming when first getting started, but interface is pretty easy to pick up on.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your awesome review!

Nancy S.

EASY TOOL FOR STUDENTS

Reviewed on 16/7/2020

I love it and have totally recommended to coworkers and students, they were thrilled about it and we as teachers were too.

Pros

This is one of the most efficient software I have used and now my students use it as well. It has easy editing templates, but what I loved, are the viewing options, like reading it as a magazine and it looks very professional, the GIF or PDF, sharing the links to edit, and the many options it give you to edit it or create your new one from scratch. Completely recommended.

Cons

I really wish that it had more shapes, icons, objects to use in the designing process and also to have an option for teams to work on the same project at once.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear Flipsnack is a great solution for you and your students. Our team is continuously designing more and more shapes for our users and the option for teams to work on the same project at once is a feature we are already working on. We really appreciate your feedback.

Johann M.
  • Industry: Publishing

The easy to use option

Reviewed on 21/5/2019

I have started with a monthly outdoor magazine six months ago and it's readers are growing every month.

Pros

Easy to get started. Everything I needed was already available.

Cons

Nothing really. It would be nice if double page work/editing were available.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Johann,
Thank you for your kind review! Our developers are working on the double-page editing feature as we speak, so stay tuned for new updates!

Celine M.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

great!

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

very good - is used for oiur internal newsletter

Pros

very userfriendly
nice templates
paperless
online support with quick answers

Cons

not easy to classify the magazines, and save somewhere one definitive version

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Celine,

Thank you for your kind review! Also, I would like to let you know that we have recently launched a new feature which allows you to create folders in Flipsnack. Maybe this could help you to organize your magazines better. :)

Susan F.

Great Product

Reviewed on 17/7/2020

Very easy to upload and a great end product. Readers love it!

Pros

Love the page-turning sounds, nice touch. Very user-friendly

Cons

Menus and admin interface could be a little fresher. A little dated perhaps?

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Susan,

Thank you for your kind words! We're so happy that you're enjoying Flipsnack. Our team is continuously improving Flipsnack. Stay tooned!

Michel D.
  • Industry: Newspapers

Best publishing software

Reviewed on 21/7/2020

We were able to publish our magazine exactly the way we wanted and to the target we expected.

Pros

Ease of use and speed. Cost and service with professional people.

Cons

Nothing. The whole software is professionaly designed.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Michel, Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear Flipsnack is a great solution for your work.

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great platform!

Reviewed on 17/5/2019

My team and I enjoy it, especially when we have deadlines to meet and create books for them immediately.

Pros

I enjoy working with flipsnack because it's quick and easy to create a book in just seconds.

Cons

I would like for us to easily review documents on a single page by just right clicking on the document.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. That's a great suggestion. We will certainly look more into that for future updates!

Alex K.
  • Industry: Political Organisation

Good Product; Go-To Recommendation for PDF Hosting

Reviewed on 14/5/2019

Our business no longer has a need for self-hosted flippable PDFs, but while we did, it was a great, useful product that stood out above the competition.

Pros

Easy to use and WYSIWYG. Affordable and great

Cons

No problems, but if we're being picky, editing/combining PDFs could be more straightforward.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey there, Alex!
Thank you for an awesome review and feedback. We're working hard to make the editing process as easy and straightforward as possible. If you contact our Live Chat, we would love some suggestions on how we can improve user experience.

Clint C.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Reviewed on 9/12/2018

Very good and easy

Pros

Easy to use,
Makes our material look good

Cons

The way you share it doesn’t look to good

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you for the review!
If you have any suggestions for a nicer sharing page, let us know!

Lanara M.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Best flipbook functionality availavle

Reviewed on 16/7/2020

We love the look and feel of flipsnack. We'd only switch if there was a lower price option.

Pros

It's easy to use, flexible, professional and makes our magazine easy to access and read on all devices.

Cons

It is quite pricey for what we use it for. We don't use any of the design functionality. We upload our own pdf each month. So it can feel as though the cost is high for that purpose.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Lanara,

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear Flipsnack is a great solution for you and your magazine. If you would like to know more about our pricing plans please check out our page or simply contact our Live Chat Support and get the right Plan subscription for your unique needs.

Sara P.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

striking magazines, easy use

Reviewed on 13/5/2019

Flipsnack allowed me to create a very visual design for my magazine. I found it quite easy to use, although some useful tools for online magazines were blocked for the free version and I needed to pay several times the professional premium version. The costumer service is excellent and they always considered to add new needs I had, as justify texts.

Pros

You do not need any previous knowledge of digital layout to get good results

Cons

In some cases, the systems is not accurate and the visual design that you create in the project is not exactly the same when you export the final flipbook, getting some mistakes like aditional lines in the design.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you for your review, Sara! We're working hard to bring more unique features to our online editor, so stay tuned!

Robert W.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Get published and be readable on all devices

Reviewed on 18/12/2019

Pros

This software is so easy to use. Produce your magazine in any software product and save it as a pdf. Upload the pdf and viola, your magazine is ready to be read online or on any mobile device.

Cons

There isn't anything to not like about this product.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your awesome review!

Suzanne L.

Flipsnack Use Review

Reviewed on 17/7/2020

It is very useful tool and has certainly helped us advertise and sell our listings.

Pros

Product is fairly easy to use as I am not a marketing professional so I am able to use it without experience or background. Nice presentation options, ie. sounds, colours, details, etc.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to customize the package we require, instead of having to pay for a full package that has some options that we will never use.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Suzanne,

Thank you for your review! We're very happy that you're enjoying your experience with us. Feel free to contact our support team for custom features. We're always ready to help you with anything you might need.

Brian B.

Make Presentations More Effective and Visual

Reviewed on 22/7/2020

Pros

We now use flipsnack for all our presentations and what a great tool it is. I love that you can send to clients a very professional looking presentation in advance and you can restrict functionality to print, share or download. We have received great feedback about using this professional tool in our business.

Cons

No issue with the technology, it is just change management and getting use to using a new solution.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Brian, Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear Flipsnack is a great solution for you and your clients.

Meghan W.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great for eBooks and brochures

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

We are solving the endless PDF scroll problem with flipsnack with an attractive deliverable piece.

Pros

I like how this makes an ordinary marketing piece or PDF look so much more professional and inviting to the consumer.

Cons

I am very impressed with this software and do not wish anything different at this time.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey there, Meghan!

Thank you 5 stars and a great review! We appreciate it very much.

Evan M.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Great Solution For Us

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

We print three catalogs every year and needed a solution to quickly convert to an online version of the catalog. We have tried others in the past, but Flipsnack is the best solution we have found.

Pros

Ease of use and converts from PDF quickly.

Cons

No cons for us, this has been a great software.

Gabriela C.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great software!

Reviewed on 24/7/2020

The staff has been very kind with me since I had a lot of questions because I'm not good doing this kind of work. Also, they gave me orientation because this pandemia allowed teachers to get a free trial. I'm grateful with everyone. Thank you very much! Surely I could give my review in Spanish in a better way.

Pros

I love the easy way I could work with the software, but the most, the kind attention from the staff when I had a question.

Cons

When I published in Facebook people couldn't ser well the margins. I think It could be something that I didn't know how to fix, but I didn't find how to do it.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Gabriela, Thank you for your review. Please contact our support team to help you with your problem. If ever you have any questions or you can't find something feel free to contact us. We're always ready to help you with anything you might need.

Kim B.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Flipsnack Review - School District of IRC

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

We purchased Flipsnak for the ability to share our information more easily with a large group of individuals as well as have a sleek look and feel of a magazine. It was perfect for what we were looking to accomplish!

Pros

What I loved most about the product was the ease of use. It was pretty much download, import, load, launch and use! Very easy.

Cons

The only downside is the page limitation. It hasn't presented a problem yet, however, it could in the future.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you for your kind words, Kim!