ProShop

4.6/5
4.9/5

Bryce
  • Industry: Machinery

A game changing software from a great team!

Reviewed on 23/1/2019

Using ProShop for any amount of time you can tell the software was born out a real shop. Talking with the team at Adion gives you even more confidence that they have been in your shoes before and it makes the support truly second to none.

Pros

ProShop has been a game changer for us. We were moving away from 35+ years of a paper copy centric system and magnetic job board and we haven't looked back. We now know we have all of the part information in one place and all of that relevant info is making it to floor. We are much more confident when estimating cost and lead time, and watching the work move though the shop in real time ensures we stay on track.

We were surprised that we did not need to hire any extra bodies long term to manage the system and how it actually saves us time overall. ProShop has a module for every aspect of our business and as we continues to standardize our process and adopt the system we see the benefits very quickly. We are even currently implementing ProShop in a completely separate division of our company so they too can realize these improvements.

Cons

Occasionally our specific company needs may follow a slightly different work work path as Proshop. Almost always however the team at Adion is able to help come up with a way to make it work for our application and they have a great feature request system for making suggestions.

Response from Adion Systems

Hey Bryce,

Thank you so much for the great review! It's been an honor and pleasure to work with you and your team. Your dediction to continuous improvment and having a world class operation is inspiring for us. Great work on the progress you've made, and we look forward to partnering with you for many years to come.

David

Great product. Great people. Great value.

Reviewed on 30/3/2018

Control of my business. Peace of mind. Foundation for expansion. Insight into where we are making or losing money. Reduced ISO workload.

Pros

Proshop has lots of great features and I am exceptionally pleased with almost all of it. The things that I like the most are scope, reliability, IT burden, and visibility.

The scope of Proshop is amazing. It handles your document control for quality systems, including procedures and manual. It handles COCs, prints, revision control, inspection data, fixture location, tool management, etc. One software for everything is important, especially for small companies like mine. If you need a piece of data IT'S RIGHT THERE!

Proshop is very reliable. After some initial teething problems were quickly worked out, I can always count on the server being up and my shop functioning. The features just work every time. I can leave on vacation with peace of mind and know that I'm not going to get called because the system is down.

Because the system is browser based the IT burden of installing a work station is zero. No software to install or update. You access the server over a web browser and you are in business. Cheap linux computers work great-no antivirus or Microsoft necessary. The licensing model allows you install as many workstations as you want at no cost. Nice for a growing shop. No lining up at the one station and waiting your turn.

Proshop allows you to have great insight into what is going on in your shop. We were growing and spiraling out of control. Nobody knew what anyone was doing or where anything was. Now I know and right from my desk.

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like. The software is perfect for repeat or production work, but is not quite as friendly for small job shop jobs. We use it for that successfully as we still do that type of work, but it isn't quite as good for that.

There are some areas in the interface that could be cleaned up and the proper usage of all fields and features could be more clear. That's about it.

Response from Adion Systems

Hi David, Thank you for the thoughtful and thorough review. We know going from your homemade paper system to ProShop was a big move for you guys. You've done great and we've enjoyed working with you along the way. It's great to hear how those things have improved Faircloth.

Thanks for the feedback about making ProShop easier for small job shop work. We're constantly working to improve ProShop and make it even faster and easier to use for any type of job. Your feedback is invaluable to that process.

Thanks again!

Tim

Proshop by Adion Systems

Reviewed on 12/8/2022

It took a while to implement, however once implementation was complete it has proved invaluable.

Pros

A complete end to end solution for machine shop work management.

Cons

Scheduling features could be more robust

Response from Adion Systems

Thank you for your review Tim! We really appreciate it!

The support behind Proshop is phenomenal.

Reviewed on 2/4/2018

The number one thing that ProShop has helped our shop do is to make Employees MORE self-sufficient. Instead of asking questions up the chain of command, and involving everyone in a decision making process, employees have all the information available to them to do what is needed on their own, and have confidence that they are doing it correctly. We have realized higher throughput with ProShop, which in turn is reducing our overhead and making us more competitive.

Pros

The thing I like the most about proshop is that it covers all the bases and then some. Right now, our shop does not have a dedicated sales team, but when it does, Proshop will support it. Same goes with inspection, shipping, accounting, and of course every task you could ever think of on the shop floor. Better yet is the fact that if you choose NOT to use certain features of Proshop, it does not cripple the shops functionality. It is not an All or Nothing ERP, meaning that you can take the time needed to grow into it without killing your throughput during the learning curve.

Cons

I think that the multi-layer assembly quoting could use some work. Adding the ability to pull multi-tiered price-breaks for a high number of purchased parts in complex assemblies is an area that needs improvement. On day-to-day Job shop projects, I would find it hard to dig out a weakness in ProShop.

Response from Adion Systems

Thanks for the enthusiastic and thoughtful review. It's great to hear how ProShop is helping your company grow and be more competitive.

We love to hear how ProShop has helped your employees be more self-sufficient! That's what it's all about.

Thank you for the feedback about multi-tiered price breaks! We couldn't agree more. That is very high on our list as a new feature and should be in place soon. Keep the feedback coming!

Phil
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

If you designed software yourself, based on your every manufacturing need.....it would be...

Reviewed on 2/8/2022

I spent many years designing my own Excel routers, and cost estimation tools, and quote forms. Linking all these items together via master documents, and storing them in share folders.....it worked....but it wasn't ProShop. ProShop is exactly what I would have created if I knew how to develop software, beyond my Excel mastery.

Pros

Navigation from within the software is absolutely ridiculously easy and efficient. Many times I've been showing something to a colleague and they'd say "wow, I didn't know you could get to that screen so easily". Everything is tied together in so many ways. No more do I have to jump between multiple different sofwares, or file types, or locations, to handle estimates/quotes, orders, MFG procedures, inspections, quality documentation, and processes/procedures (Tasks).

Cons

Integration with QuickBooks has been a struggle.

Response from Adion Systems

Wow, thank you so much for your review, Phil!! We will get someone on the team to reach out regarding the QuickBooks integration.

Jon David
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Proshop was the best decision we ever made.

Reviewed on 13/7/2022

I found ProShop back in 2018 and helped their 7th client implement in their facility. I did the same thing again at the shop I currently work at in 2020 and couldn't be happier.

Pros

The web interface is the most noticeable improvement over our previous system. The quick and easy navigation and customization is 2nd.

Cons

I am red/green color blind deficient and some of the colors they use are so close it is hard for me to tell the difference. I have full confidence they will find a way to fix my problem even though it is minor and insignificant to the majority.

JobBOSS² and Epicor Vision

Reasons for Choosing ProShop

Needed a better solution with better customer Support.

Reasons for Switching to ProShop

Price and performance.

Response from Adion Systems

Thank you so much, Jon!!

David
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Proshop, Big Changes in our business but well worth the effort.

Reviewed on 22/5/2022

Giving accurate delivery dates, less stressful work flow, very quickly see if your making money of not.
Took 6 months to go live putting one training session in every week but could have done it quicker but we are only a small company so slow was better to keep the workshop moving. Also this was a big change for us being in business for over 35 years but never using a ERP. We purchased a new server, installed new work stations, printers, scanners, cameras and ditched most of our paper stuff. So from where we were 18 months ago there is a big difference. Once live many teething problems for a few months then things started to sail smoothly. Now I’m looking at ramping up the use of ProShop systems and still much to learn.

Pros

Efficient and effective training, support and help when needed is always there.
Anyone can make it work you don’t need to be a rocket scientist, you just need to put some time in.
When costing jobs or re-quoting jobs everything is at your finger tips no need to search outside of your computer system. This includes all drawings CAD and CAM which makes it so easy for the machines to find all the information they need to complete the job.

Cons

We are Toolmakers so some of our jobs can have hundreds of one off parts so there is no magic there.
Does not handle Jobs without a PO from customer very well but once you know what to do you can make it work.

Response from Adion Systems

Thank you, David! We really appreciate your review.

Lynne
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

ProShop is part of our culture

Reviewed on 28/4/2022

We have saved so much time with ProShop in the pre-production phase. Reports and queries make finding answers a simple process, and I especially like that I can easily export data to excel.

Pros

I love how documents that link together will pull information forward and auto-fill the related fields. This is such a time saver.

Cons

I would like to see a "Print Traveler" feature added to work orders. Box labels work, but a nicely formatted traveler would be much more professional looking.

Response from Adion Systems

Wow, thank you so much, Lynne! It is so great to see that ProShop has become part of your culture.

Matthew
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Just Plain Easy!

Reviewed on 20/1/2021

Super easy and the folks at ProShop have been great!

Pros

It's exactly as advertised. We were using a series of un-integrated systems across our project management, inventory, purchase order and QMS systems. As expected, things weren't getting done on time and records were not kept to the level that we needed. Having everything combined into one system with real time data has made a dramatic impact on overall shop performance. Employees on the shopfloor are well versed in the various modules available and minimal training was required to get them up and running. The fact that everything is web based makes everything simple to use and pushes information around the shop immediately.

Cons

No cons to the software. Our limiting factor has been that there are so many good features and we haven't used them all yet. We're excited to link in the tooling module and part set-up features as our next step!

Response from Adion Systems

Holy Cow, Matt! Thank you for the awesome review. We're virtually high fiving each other from our home offices.

All joking aside, we're honored to have you as a client and grateful you took the time to share your experience here!

The ProShop

Cody
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Great people to work with! Development could be quicker

Reviewed on 21/11/2017

Linking of documentation company-wide. Paperless system that provides the most up to date information at all times. The development team is very willing to work with us on making changes to the program and adding on features as needed.

Pros

The detail it has the ability to store and collect. Love the fact not everything has to be filled out to continue on with the work. The team seem very intelligent and understands the actual work being performed, unlike other ERP systems that focus mainly on Accounting.

Cons

Not all of the bugs are corrected and development to fix issues is slow. Most help links are not helpful or nonexistent.

Response from Adion Systems

Hi Cody. Thanks for your review. We appreciate the kind comments and the constructive feedback.

Your help system is being upgraded to the very latest online help, which has much more content than when your system was installed for you. Let us know how it looks after it's updated.

We are also hiring developers at a rapid pace to increase our throughput on new features. We want them all built yesterday as badly as you do.

Thanks again. It's been a pleasure working with you and your company.

SCOTT

ProShop for the win

Reviewed on 4/3/2020

My company has always relied on personalities, now it relies on systems. I can control and communicate so much better with my team. They will always know what to do and how to do it.

Pros

This product is revolutionizing my company. These guys have done all the heavy lifting so that I can work on my business while the system works the business.

Cons

This system is very configurable. That means there is a lot to learn. Its a Marathon. It takes a lot of time to get up and running but I can already see how beneficial it will be. Even now my estimating process is totally integrated and seamless.

JobBOSS²

Reasons for Switching to ProShop

It was developed by machinist for machinists. Best value.

Response from Adion Systems

Hey Scott,

You made our week here with this great review!! We are so thrilled for you and excited to see what you and your company do with ProShop as the backbone of your growth. Thank you for choosing ProShop and trusting us as a partner to help you.

And thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Andrew
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

The ERP System You Will Love!

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

ProShop is a seamless ERP system that you will grow to love. ProShop was designed by and for machinists and it truly shows. I could not imagine a better system for a high-caliber machine shop that needs to meet the stringent requirements of AS9100/ISO9001.

Pros

Real-time, accessible data. Data is at one's fingertips! Job status can easily be reviewed and reported back to the customer with confidence. With a simple query search, one can easily glean off of past jobs for production times, out of pocket costs, setup information, etc. the list goes on. Another aspect would be understanding shop capacity and schedule. This is key to meeting growing customer expectations and the ability to take on expedite orders.

I would also add that the Adion team is quick to respond to client requests or questions through an online support desk. Having worked with Adion for a few years now, I can attest to their enduring customer support and continual improvement of their help documentation page. Most help can be found instantly within ProShop or is one click away. And they are constantly reaching out and keeping clients informed through webinars and email updates. It has been my pleasure to work with the Adion team.

Cons

N/A

If I must, I would request that Adion consider looking into developing a 'RFQ Module'. Currently, I track and manage RFQ's outside of ProShop.

Response from Adion Systems

Wow Andrew! We're humbled by your review and it gives our team so much positive energy to get this feedback! It's been a true pleasure to work with you as well for all these years. Keep up the great work at IDL!

Thanks Again!

Tyler
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

An excellent ERP for job shops.

Reviewed on 11/2/2022

I think it is an excellent piece of software. If you are a small to mid sized manufacturing company in a highly regulated industry, I doubt you'll find anything better. This software just solves so many headaches that other companies probably don't even think about. Examples of things which can save a lot of time including features like the automatic generation of first article inspection reports and automatic retrieval of product documentation (e.g., material/processing certs). I highly recommend this software.

Pros

This software was designed from the ground up by machinists for machinists. As such, they have an intimate knowledge of the problems machinists face and the software solutions that can help solve those problems. If you are a small to medium sized job shop in a highly regulated industry, I doubt you will find anything better.

Cons

There isn't a whole lot of guardrails built into the system to prevent you from shooting yourself in the foot (e.g., input validation). If you are not careful, you can break links between records or enter data in an incorrect format. For the most part, ProShop silently ignores incorrectly formatted input, which can affect system behavior. There are also some system behaviors that aren't totally transparent to the user.

I think the above issues are just a consequence of in-house software being released to the general public. Since they built the software, they knew it intimately so there was likely less of a need for detailed documentation and/or guardrails. I believe the above problems will become less of a problem over time as their help documentation is improved and features are added to make the software more user friendly.

Response from Adion Systems

Thank you so much for your review, Tyler!

Dan

Powerful Software

Reviewed on 3/3/2021

ProShop has helped with profitability as well as OTD. We went from 76% OTD in early 2019 and 4 months later we reached 99.8% OTD and have maintained it ever since. This has opened more doors and opportunities for more work and new customers. Which means growth. This software made it possible.

Pros

I really love this software. It is designed to be a paperless system which makes record keeping much easier. Very user friendly to navigate through. It is Internet based so you can upload pictures and videos to a specific job or operation. Job costing works live all throughout the process. Machine efficiency, utilization and indirect time are very easy to track. Very easy to create your own search query and pull very specific reports that may be unique to your business. It goes on and on.

Cons

The scheduling function was a little cumbersome to use. It was difficult to re-arrange for the order desired. However, the latest upgrade corrected this problem and now has a drag and drop function that makes this process much easier and streamlined.

Response from Adion Systems

Holy Smokes Dan!!

We'd heard that ProShop was having a positive impact, but this is huge!! Our team is jumping up and down over this review!

That OTD improvement is really impressive. Well done! That's not just ProShop...that's your team.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review! We really appreciate it!

Thanks again,

Spencer
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great System!

Reviewed on 9/6/2020

Been a very positive experience! They are always super helpful if you ever have questions or are stuck on something, they will take the time to work with you through issues and will call or video chat and follow up to make sure everything is running smoothly. Everyone is very professional and open!

Pros

Very user friendly, very easy to fix any mistakes since all the boxes are text boxes that can be edited.
I like the info boxes all throughout that help explain and go into details about things if you aren't sure what they are or what they might do.

Cons

Can be slightly overwhelming initially when using it but after a little bit it all starts making more and more sense.

Response from Adion Systems

Hey Spencer,

Thank you very much for this review. We're so glad you guys have had a great experience and you find ProShop easy to use! Providing great support is really important to us, so our team will be excited to hear your feedback.

Thanks!

Nathan

Powered by Proshop

Reviewed on 14/5/2020

Our experience with ProShop has been excellent so far. ProShop allows everyone in our shop to access the information they need when and where they need it. Customer Service can quickly update customers on the status of their orders, and operators can easily see information needed to complete their work. The ability to attach files, pictures, videos, etc... to every area of ProShop is something that our previous ERP software was lacking. Honestly, I cannot speak highly enough about all the great things ProShop has to offer.

Pros

-Customer Service is excellent - responsive, knowledgeable, and friendly.
-Quality Oriented - The quality module is extensive and made our ISO audit easier than ever before.
-Web Based - Office employees have the ability to work from anywhere with an internet connection. Hyperlinks make navigation between different areas of the software easy and intuitive.

Cons

- Tracking machine and labor hours to Work Orders can be difficult for unmanned jobs where multiple people bounce back and forth between work centers.

Response from Adion Systems

Thank you Nathan for this review! We are so glad that ProShop is helping your company. It's working with customers like you and getting feedback on how to improve ProShop that makes it even better. We are in the process of interviewing other companies as well that do swiss type machining, to make time tracking easier for that type of work.

Thanks again for your trust in us.

Brannon

Awesome Software

Reviewed on 15/1/2019

My overall experience with ProShop has been exceptional. Not only do they have a great product they know manufacturing!

Pros

ProShop is a game changer. There are too many to functions of the software that help me do my job, as well as help others to list here. Some of the main features that help me as the Production manager are: Time Tracking, Profit tracking and traceability. On top of an overall great product Proshop's customer service is top notch. From implementation to continual support Proshop has responded quickly, and accurately.

Cons

I have not found many issues, only recommendation would be to have a calendar function.

Response from Adion Systems

Thanks Brannon!! It's been such a pleasure working with such a great group of professionals at Faircloth. We appreciate the comments and look forwar to pushing hard to make ProShop even better all the time. It's companies like yours that make our efforts meaningful.

Pamela
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Excellent ERP Software

Reviewed on 19/4/2019

Not only part traceability but "User" traceability which holds accountability to each user. We have found that our reporting is easier, our internal auditing is easier due to all the reporting which we sample audited to verify if accurate and it is. We are hoping to learn more each day and believe that we are only utilizing about 60% of its capability so far. We implemented the software July 1 2018.

Pros

The drill down to follow the trail, the traceability of each transaction and the built in QMS --
Most of all the SUPPORT is beyond anyone's expectations. We have used other ERP software before and found the support to be very limited.

Cons

At first it is all overwhelming to anyone as there are so many views and options. However, once you begin to see how it works, you start catching on.

Response from Adion Systems

Hi Pam,

Thank you so much for the great review. It's been such a pleasure working with you and your team. You guys have done such great things so far, we're excited to see what you can do when you learn the last 40%! ;-)

Keep coming to those client webinars and you'll keep learning!

Thanks again,

Dan
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Great product, exceptional support

Reviewed on 11/3/2019

ProShop keeps my whole shop on the same page. The Adion support staff is truly exceptional and always available to work through new challenges. The software and staff have never let us down.

Pros

ProShop handles everything from estimating through invoicing and all the critical details in between. I especially like the versatility and flexibility--it moves as fast as we need and leaves a perfect record. I grin every time I have to look for something and find it at my finger tips.

Cons

With capability comes some complexity, but is is absolutely worth the effort. The more I learn, the more I am impressed.

Response from Adion Systems

Thanks for your review Dan! This is especially satisfying coming from you. We appreciate you keeping us on our toes with your questions and your analytical approach to implementation. It's clients like you who really help to drive us to make ProShop better than ever.

We are grateful you chose ProShop to help build the foundation of your world class business processes. We look forward to a long partnership with you.

Tom
  • Industry: Automotive

Proshop is the best software to become AS9100 certified

Reviewed on 30/6/2022

Customer service and implementation has been fantastic. Most software companies worry about the sale and leave out to dry after you are bought in. Going on 2 years and we have the same support as we did at day 1.

Pros

Once you start integrating your process into the software the system becomes easier to use over time. It keeps the entire company connected on all tasks and jobs.

Cons

It is a very daunting software when you first begin but once you start using it gets easier

Response from Adion Systems

Thank you for your review, Tom, we really appreciate it!

Jack

ProShop Review

Reviewed on 26/4/2019

The Pro Shop team have been very attentive addressing any issues we had and we always felt they were there with us throughout the setup process. Great Company!

Pros

The ability to organize and track all aspects of our production process in real time.

Cons

None really. Like all things great, it takes a bit of time to integrate the installation into your daily business. The benefits are plentiful, but it does take some time.

Response from Adion Systems

Hi Jack,

It's been a pleasure working with you and your team. And your second company as well! You've built a great team and it's been an honor to watch your amazing transformation of the past year from paper based to paperless. You guys have done a great job.

Jeremy

Great software and Excellent Support

Reviewed on 1/2/2017

We went from a scattered paper based system to ProShop. This system has greatly helped our company become more organized. All of the job information is in one place and is easy to see. Support from ProShop has been top notch. Fast to respond and great explanations when we aren't up to speed on how the system works.

Pros

All information is centrally located. All employees have access to job information, from every location.

Cons

Takes a while to get comfortable with navigation and use. Coming from no system to this, took a while to get used to filling in all the blanks.

Response from Adion Systems

Hey Jeremy,

We're so glad that ProShop has helped you guys get organized! It's rewarding to hear that. We're committed to making sure you guys we well supported and loving ProShop!

Tony

Tony Jetco

Reviewed on 1/2/2017

Proshop has been great. The representative has been great with support. There are a few things that we are having to figure out to apply to the style of business (job shop machine and fabrication) Proshop seem very committed to helping us solve these issues or showing us options on how to apply and make work.

Pros

Adds quality control to organization.

Cons

seems to be made for very specific type of Mfg. business.

Response from Adion Systems

Thanks for the great review Tony. It's been a pleasure working with you and your team. We're always here to make sure your experience is as good as possible!

PAUL
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Software is developed by machinists running machine shop and it works logically to run...

Reviewed on 24/4/2018

It will replace our paper workflow with digital paperless workflow. Real time data. set notes available to operators. Quotation process is standradized

Pros

Has all functions related to workflow for delivering parts from estimate to invoicing. Although software is complex with many functions, it starts making sense once you start using it. overtime it will save time on all processes related to workflow. Set up documentation and having real time data is very useful for updates on daily basis.

Cons

Since software is complex for a beginner user, More training videos will helpful in quick learning processes

Response from Adion Systems

Hi Paul. Thank you so much for the great review. We¿ve enjoyed working with you and your team and seeing improvements you¿re making. We totally hear you on the need for even more training videos and we are actively working to create more of them. Our goal related to training videos and our help system is actually to allow customers to entirely self train if that is their preference so they can save money and time.

Don

Get it.

Reviewed on 19/4/2019

Pros

The flow of it. The software will save you time.

Cons

People who do "Office" work will be reassigned.

Response from Adion Systems

Hi Don,

Short and sweet! We love it. Thank you for the great review. It's been a pleasure working with Frey & Weiss. We look forward to finishing help you guys get AS9100 certified and growing your client base in the aerospace industry!

Thanks again!