Wipster

Cloud-based video review & digital asset management solution

4.3/5

• Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Wipster Rocks

Reviewed on 9/2/2019

I use it as the head of video in a large local government council in London. I adore it. I have been using it since 2013 when I was invited to become a tester for it by a client from another company who became head of marketing at wipster.

Pros

Ease of use. Functionality. Workflow. Clients love it and it makes me look really professional and that I know what I’m doing

Cons

The mobile app is terrible and is only useful for viewing. That needs a shit load of work.

Response from Wipster

Thanks, Maverick!

Mattias G.
  • Industry: Animation

Wipster saves time in the workflow

Reviewed on 15/11/2021

It's one of my favorite tools in the workflow of a film production.

Pros

Since I started to use wipster several years ago, the feedback process of a project is so much easier. It´s very easy for customer to log in, view the film and make comments. And you can keep the discussion inside wipster instead of in several mails and documents. You also keep track of who viewed it and have a better overview of the feedback process.

Cons

It´s when there is a problem with the uploadign but that happens very seldom.

Marc P.

Use Wipster daily for video project reviews by clients and stake holders.

Reviewed on 10/4/2018

Improved productivity and project turnaround.

Pros

Software is fantastic for client reviews of video project work. Integrates very nicely with Adobe Premiere and other video editing software. Greatly improved productively by taking care of several steps in video reviewing by clients and publishing. Nicely integrated with Vimeo.

Cons

Had minor issue with uploading and sharing videos directly from Premiere which affected my workflow slightly however issue may be due to versioning of Adobe products .

Verena S.

Review for Wipster - Use of a Video Collaboration Tool

Reviewed on 15/11/2021

it makes our feedback process for our videos way easier for both our clients and our video editors

Pros

commenting in video via drag&drop, seeing the names of the collaboraters + being able to upload pictures

Cons

connectings with Slack could be improvroved + I would like to share the whole folder with a client, not only single videos

Michael S.
  • Industry: Media Production

A Solid Solution For The Video Review and Approval Process

Reviewed on 16/5/2019

Wipster was fine. The client often went around the platform, emailing and calling without updating Wipster, but it was easy enough to update it myself, though a slight waste of time. Overall Wipster is a good looking platform that speeds up this aspect of post production. Client's feel comfortable enough using Wipster (when they remember to...)

Pros

It's a great way to manage video editing projects remotely with clients. The system for receiving edit notes is excellent and professional. This speeds up the workflow as one of the slowest parts of post production is waiting for a response from clients during the various rounds of editing.

Cons

Wipster is useful and one of the best platforms for managing editing notes from clients as a video editor. I think the only problem is the name. The name Wipster does not fit the industry I work in, but most people are aware of it and not bothered. The only problem, the name is a little silly sounding. It's competition has a better name and slightly better interface, so this is not the platrform I recommend first, but it's fine to work on.

• Industry: Chemicals
  • Used for 1+ year

Collaboration on video editing is now an option with Wipster!

Reviewed on 22/6/2018

Pros

Love the user-friendliness of the feedback features on videos. You can now send a draft to nearly anyone and have them add feedback directly on the video in the place where it is most applicable.

Cons

Users are required to create a login in order to add comments to videos which is not very intuitive to older users.

I have used wipster for submitting and reviewing projects to clients and producers.

Reviewed on 19/4/2018

Pros

The software has great options for sending work in progress videos, for feedback. It is a great tool to use especially when working in remotely from clients, or producers. It gives the options to give feedback and respond to feedback in specific timecodes.

Cons

It is a little hard to use for first time users, and the organization system feels a bit clunky at times, but once you get the hang of it is a great asset.

• Industry: Animation
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Wipster is very user-friendly

Reviewed on 8/11/2021

great customer service and willingness to add features

Pros

easy to use and learn compared to other tools

Cons

the workarounds for the comment button and not being able to copy comments on assets, yet

Steve A.

Saves me hours

Reviewed on 15/6/2015

At Socialize we produce 3-4 videos a week, sometimes more. Our team is spread across NZ, US , the UK and Australia. Previously, communicating edits to the team and clients was a mess, trying to get the time codes right and explain what was needed would often add hours to out turnaround time.

With Wipster we have all but eliminated that wasted time, our editors know exactly what is required of them and and our clients can see exactly where their projects are at.

Great product, excellent support, looking forward to seeing what they come up with next.

Response from Wipster

Thanks Steve, so glad to hear Wipster is saving you time and working well for your team all over the world.

Zach D.

Easy to use video review service

Reviewed on 15/6/2015

Wipster has really changed the way we review videos internally and externally with our clients. Before we would send an email to our client with a private video link (via YouTube, Wistia, or somewhere else), and request they respond via email with their feedback.

Now, everything can happen right on Wipster. Makes it easy on us and our clients. In addition to being able to review videos on Wipster, our clients can download the videos there too! Another thing we don't have to worry about.

Response from Wipster

HI Zach, thanks for your review. So good to hear you're getting so much from Wipster. Making it easy is what we set out to do.

Andrei A.

Pros:
Quick playback
Great customer support

Cons:
some occasional bugs

Response from Wipster

Hello Andre, thank you for the feedback, and glad to hear you're enjoying the app!

You mentioned some occasional bugs: If you haven't already done so, could you please contact our support team and let them know what you're experiencing? While we try to ensure the best experience possible, sometimes bugs slip through the cracks and can be a bit tricky to track down. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Eric H.

Easy use, intuitive, and innovative video review platform!

Reviewed on 15/6/2015

There have been others entering the market trying to capture what Wipster has set out to do, but Wipster is by far the leader in the industry when it comes to video review. I LOVE the fact that my clients can view the videos and comment directly on them, making it easier for them to convey their message to me as I work to produce great videos.

Response from Wipster

Hi Eric, thanks so much for your review. If we're making client review easier and you love the way clients use Wipster we've doing our job right.

Kalyn H.

Amazing process of video edits with multiple inputs!

Reviewed on 15/3/2018

Pros

Excellent and easy web design for anyone with basic computer knowledge. We use this program to edit video and send out drafts to get different input. It provides invaluable advice and has truly brought our marketing team together.

Cons

Once you make one comment, the rest comes easy. The initial instructions are super clear but almost everyone figured it out within minutes. Also, users do have to create a login to put comments on a video.

Amber C.

Love Wipster

Reviewed on 15/6/2015

Wipster is so easy to use and easy for my team to review videos and comment. Wipster as a team really listen to what I have to say in terms of new features or functionality I suggest (or the wider community).

Response from Wipster

Hey Amber, Thanks! We appreciate our community taking the time to give feedback and contribute to how Wipster evolves.

Mike C.

Easy to use, clean interface that just works.

Reviewed on 15/6/2015

Fast. Mobile friendly and easy to use. I use it for clients all across the spectrum from internal to outside brands.

Response from Wipster

Thanks for the feedback Mike! Especially great to hear you're using Wipster mobile too.

Dan W.

Perfect solution for collaboration and pre-publication review!

Reviewed on 17/7/2017

Easy collaboration

Pros

Wipster is a perfect solution for sharing with key stakeholders a version of a video before publishing for mass consumption - it saves from having to manage out-of-date YouTube links, and my team LOVES being able to comment right on the spot of the video they need to rather than trying to pinpoint the exact time and note when reviewing. HUGELY useful for international teams and large team review.

Cons

It's not cheap, and the plan options go from affordable to steep with nothing in between.

Craig D.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Synergy

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

I can have various clients commenting on a video at the same time, whilst they sit in different locations, they can view each other’s comments so that they’re not giving contradictory input. Streamlined client feedback.

Pros

Various stakeholders sitting all over the world can give input in unison

Cons

Slow upload, once your clip has been loaded successfully, it takes a while before you can share it. When you share a clip to allocates team members, don’t think there’s a handshake that says if the clip or link was sent successfully to the reciepient like WeTransfer does?

Response from Wipster

Thanks, Craig!

Andre S.

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Pros

Its very ease to use, all tools are easy to understand.

Cons

The client can not see the first feedback when I send the second feedback

Leandro A.

Petrfect, but...

Reviewed on 15/6/2015

Nice APP, but is bit expensive above 5 users. Price intermediary between $25 - $50 would it be nice. Missing mobile APP too.

Response from Wipster

Thank you for the feedback Leandro! We are currently working on a dedicated mobile app, though I don't yet have an ETA to share on when it will be available. In the meantime, have you gotten a chance to check out the mobile optimized web version? As far as pricing goes, what would you like to see for teams larger than 5? I can't promise anything, but we're aways open to hearing feedback. You can message us at support.wipster.io. Thank you!

Ray T.

Great Client Tool!

Reviewed on 15/6/2015

Very good video review tool for interaction with your clients. The beauty of Wipster is the simplicity of its user interface, almost a zero learning curve. That's the holy grail in my opinion.

Response from Wipster

Hey Ray, happy to hear that the simplicity of Wipster has made an impression. We're pretty proud of this review. Thanks!

Ueli S.

A huge Help!!!

Reviewed on 15/6/2015

Makes our Workflow with the client so much easier

Response from Wipster

Thanks Ueli, it's great to hear that the client workflow is easier. We created Wipster to keep this simple, so your feedback is awesome for all the team here at Wipster to read.

Ivan B.

Best online video review platform and IMPROVING!

Reviewed on 15/6/2015

Love this site and it's ability to help me move projects with clients forward!

Response from Wipster

Hey Ivan, great to hear that! Thanks for the stellar review.

Jordan M.

It's getting there

Reviewed on 19/9/2018

Pros

We find Wipster very helpful for collaborating with our customers and getting feedback. It's a great tool for video.

Cons

I wish my customers could draw and circle things on the videos and images. It would also be helpful if the IOS app could view PDF files. It seems like wipster needs some more work. but It's on it's way to becoming a flawless tool.

Nick G.

Near flawless video review site.

Reviewed on 18/7/2017

Efficiency
Accuracy of review
Better communication

Pros

-Extremely easy to use and get other people to use.
-Using the program makes me more efficient at my job
-Using the program makes video review a very straightforward process.
-Wouldn't know how to review a video without it

Cons

Pricing. Don't like the tiers. Other similar options are available for a cheaper price, though the interface isn't as user friendly.

Nicholas B.
  • Industry: Media Production

Where has then been all my life??

Reviewed on 11/11/2018

This product has completely changed the way I will go about seeking feedback on my video work. It's unreal how good the product is, how helpful and responsive the customer success team is and the user community is in the highest echelon of how user communities should be built and maintained.

Pros

The two way integration with Premiere Pro is simply astounding.

Cons

The Premiere Pro widget can be a little buggy at times.

Response from Wipster

Thanks so much for the kind words, Nicholas!