Wipster

Cloud-based video review & digital asset management solution

4.8 /5 (47 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
4.6
Jordan M.

It's getting there

Reviewed on 19/9/2018

Pros

We find Wipster very helpful for collaborating with our customers and getting feedback. It's a great tool for video.

Cons

I wish my customers could draw and circle things on the videos and images. It would also be helpful if the IOS app could view PDF files. It seems like wipster needs some more work. but It's on it's way to becoming a flawless tool.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Nicholas B.
Industry: Media Production

Where has then been all my life??

Reviewed on 11/11/2018

This product has completely changed the way I will go about seeking feedback on my video work. It's unreal how good the product is, how helpful and responsive the customer success team is and the user community is in the highest echelon of how user communities should be built and maintained.

Pros

The two way integration with Premiere Pro is simply astounding.

Cons

The Premiere Pro widget can be a little buggy at times.

Response from Wipster

Thanks so much for the kind words, Nicholas!

Best Video Review and Collaboration Platform

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Ease of review and collecting feedback from multiple people is seamless.

Pros

It's simple to use both on the backend and for clients. Comments can be easily added, and it's simple to send to clients for feedback.

Cons

The price to move up to the second level with more features is steep for a small business when compared to the lowest paid account.

Nick G.
Industry: Real Estate

Near flawless video review site.

Reviewed on 18/7/2017

Efficiency
Accuracy of review
Better communication

Pros

-Extremely easy to use and get other people to use.
-Using the program makes me more efficient at my job
-Using the program makes video review a very straightforward process.
-Wouldn't know how to review a video without it

Cons

Pricing. Don't like the tiers. Other similar options are available for a cheaper price, though the interface isn't as user friendly.

Marcos G.

Amazing team collaboration and video reviewing software!

Reviewed on 3/7/2018

Pros

For us (editors) working for several clients (who always have lot of thing to say about the creating process of their videos) this tool is incredible! Besides team and client collaboration and accurate messaging, the thing we love the most is the integration with Adobe Premiere and After Effects... Not only can you receive client and team feedback messages as markers on your timeline, but Wipster also encodes, uploades and shares your edits with the client or team members, without having to leave the editing program! Now that amazing!

Cons

Only two thing to say... At first we started trying the software to see if was worth paying for. They changed the pricing structure a couple of times during that period, which made us doubt...
Second, there are a couple bugs or minor errors that happen from time to time, for example, invitations to members o clients not being sent or received or whencreating subfolders and customizing them.

Mike G.

Great Video Hosting Service for Client Review

Reviewed on 17/5/2018

Pros

It's very easy to get videos uploaded and ready to send to clients with this software. Great modern interface that is intuitive without having to learn how to use it. Storage amount offered is very fair for the price compared to other services

Cons

Clients don't seem to want to take advantage of the review features of the website. For some reason prefer to email notes instead of using built in features.

Nick G.

Our company uses Wipster for post-production review of 10-15 videos monthly

Reviewed on 15/6/2015

I love Wipster. The site has single-handedly improved our video review process, streamlining post-production, reducing time spent going back and forth, consequently reducing costs (through time-saving) and improving production of the video department. Couple of bonus pros from the site: 1) encourages collaboration--as it is easy, user-friendly and can be done anywhere, anytime 2) makes a video editor better at their job (more organized)

The people at Wipster encourage feedback and consistently act on support issues.

I have no cons. Video playback will sometimes skip depending on your internet connection. But that is no fault of Wipsters.

Response from Wipster

Hello Nick, Glad to hear you're enjoying the app! We really appreciate hearing where the value is for you and what the bonus pros are. Thanks for the review!

Craig D.

Wipster is a game changer

Reviewed on 15/6/2015

Before we started using Wipster, the review process at 12 Stars Media, a video production company in Indianapolis, was (for lack of a better word) pain-stacking. What Wipster has done was take a process of nearly a dozen steps (often doubled when multiple rounds of revisions were necessary), and reduced it to 3: Upload, collaborate, finalize.

Couple that with innovative, open and personable individuals behind it and we simply can't stop bragging on these guys. They have made video review easy and fun again!

Response from Wipster

Making video review fun and easy was why we built Wipster, and what drives us with every release, so that's the best feedback we could hope for. So happy to hear you're lovin' it at 12 Stars Media. Thanks for the review Craig!

Jeff D.

Best Online Video Approval Website

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

We have struggled with getting videos approvals for years and this was the solution to our problems! It has been a dream and clients have been so impressed with how great it makes us look. We could customize the logo and it has unlimited storage so we don't have to worry about how many videos. Do yourself a favor and get this!

Josh K.

Super easy video review

Reviewed on 15/6/2015

I use this platform for work quite a bit. My managers really like it.

Response from Wipster

Thanks for the feedback Josh! 'Super easy' is what we love to hear.

Maverick L.
Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Wipster Rocks

Reviewed on 9/2/2019

I use it as the head of video in a large local government council in London. I adore it. I have been using it since 2013 when I was invited to become a tester for it by a client from another company who became head of marketing at wipster.

Pros

Ease of use. Functionality. Workflow. Clients love it and it makes me look really professional and that I know what I’m doing

Cons

The mobile app is terrible and is only useful for viewing. That needs a shit load of work.

Response from Wipster

Thanks, Maverick!

Marc P.

Use Wipster daily for video project reviews by clients and stake holders.

Reviewed on 10/4/2018

Improved productivity and project turnaround.

Pros

Software is fantastic for client reviews of video project work. Integrates very nicely with Adobe Premiere and other video editing software. Greatly improved productively by taking care of several steps in video reviewing by clients and publishing. Nicely integrated with Vimeo.

Cons

Had minor issue with uploading and sharing videos directly from Premiere which affected my workflow slightly however issue may be due to versioning of Adobe products .

Industry: Chemicals

Collaboration on video editing is now an option with Wipster!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 22/6/2018

Pros

Love the user-friendliness of the feedback features on videos. You can now send a draft to nearly anyone and have them add feedback directly on the video in the place where it is most applicable.

Cons

Users are required to create a login in order to add comments to videos which is not very intuitive to older users.

Michael S.

A Solid Solution For The Video Review and Approval Process

Reviewed on 16/5/2019

Wipster was fine. The client often went around the platform, emailing and calling without updating Wipster, but it was easy enough to update it myself, though a slight waste of time. Overall Wipster is a good looking platform that speeds up this aspect of post production. Client's feel comfortable enough using Wipster (when they remember to...)

Pros

It's a great way to manage video editing projects remotely with clients. The system for receiving edit notes is excellent and professional. This speeds up the workflow as one of the slowest parts of post production is waiting for a response from clients during the various rounds of editing.

Cons

Wipster is useful and one of the best platforms for managing editing notes from clients as a video editor. I think the only problem is the name. The name Wipster does not fit the industry I work in, but most people are aware of it and not bothered. The only problem, the name is a little silly sounding. It's competition has a better name and slightly better interface, so this is not the platrform I recommend first, but it's fine to work on.

Industry: Financial Services

I have used wipster for submitting and reviewing projects to clients and producers.

Reviewed on 19/4/2018

Pros

The software has great options for sending work in progress videos, for feedback. It is a great tool to use especially when working in remotely from clients, or producers. It gives the options to give feedback and respond to feedback in specific timecodes.

Cons

It is a little hard to use for first time users, and the organization system feels a bit clunky at times, but once you get the hang of it is a great asset.

Steve A.

Saves me hours

Reviewed on 15/6/2015

At Socialize we produce 3-4 videos a week, sometimes more. Our team is spread across NZ, US , the UK and Australia. Previously, communicating edits to the team and clients was a mess, trying to get the time codes right and explain what was needed would often add hours to out turnaround time.

With Wipster we have all but eliminated that wasted time, our editors know exactly what is required of them and and our clients can see exactly where their projects are at.

Great product, excellent support, looking forward to seeing what they come up with next.

Response from Wipster

Thanks Steve, so glad to hear Wipster is saving you time and working well for your team all over the world.

Zach D.

Easy to use video review service

Reviewed on 15/6/2015

Wipster has really changed the way we review videos internally and externally with our clients. Before we would send an email to our client with a private video link (via YouTube, Wistia, or somewhere else), and request they respond via email with their feedback.

Now, everything can happen right on Wipster. Makes it easy on us and our clients. In addition to being able to review videos on Wipster, our clients can download the videos there too! Another thing we don't have to worry about.

Response from Wipster

HI Zach, thanks for your review. So good to hear you're getting so much from Wipster. Making it easy is what we set out to do.

Andrei A.

Pros:
Quick playback
Great customer support

Cons:
some occasional bugs

Response from Wipster

Hello Andre, thank you for the feedback, and glad to hear you're enjoying the app!

You mentioned some occasional bugs: If you haven't already done so, could you please contact our support team and let them know what you're experiencing? While we try to ensure the best experience possible, sometimes bugs slip through the cracks and can be a bit tricky to track down. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Eric H.

Easy use, intuitive, and innovative video review platform!

Reviewed on 15/6/2015

There have been others entering the market trying to capture what Wipster has set out to do, but Wipster is by far the leader in the industry when it comes to video review. I LOVE the fact that my clients can view the videos and comment directly on them, making it easier for them to convey their message to me as I work to produce great videos.

Response from Wipster

Hi Eric, thanks so much for your review. If we're making client review easier and you love the way clients use Wipster we've doing our job right.

Kalyn H.

Amazing process of video edits with multiple inputs!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 15/3/2018

Pros

Excellent and easy web design for anyone with basic computer knowledge. We use this program to edit video and send out drafts to get different input. It provides invaluable advice and has truly brought our marketing team together.

Cons

Once you make one comment, the rest comes easy. The initial instructions are super clear but almost everyone figured it out within minutes. Also, users do have to create a login to put comments on a video.

Amber C.

Love Wipster

Reviewed on 15/6/2015

Wipster is so easy to use and easy for my team to review videos and comment. Wipster as a team really listen to what I have to say in terms of new features or functionality I suggest (or the wider community).

Response from Wipster

Hey Amber, Thanks! We appreciate our community taking the time to give feedback and contribute to how Wipster evolves.

Mike C.

Easy to use, clean interface that just works.

Reviewed on 15/6/2015

Fast. Mobile friendly and easy to use. I use it for clients all across the spectrum from internal to outside brands.

Response from Wipster

Thanks for the feedback Mike! Especially great to hear you're using Wipster mobile too.

Cameron S.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

The perfect tool for freelance video producers and businesses that create video content

Reviewed on 30/4/2020

Wipster has allowed my team to significantly cut down on our time spent communicating with our videographer to quickly get our video content modified and published. We used to communicate edits via email, but it was often ineffective leading to additional revisions needing to be done for breaks in communication.

Pros

- Timestamped commenting on videos
- Upload Multiple revisions
- Tags to track video from Draft to Publishing phase
- Adobe Integration/Extension allows for use of Wipster within Premiere!
- Can invite viewers to comment on videos without effecting user quota

Cons

- Integration with YouTube is currently not functional, but support assures me that they are working on resolving the issue (this is a feature I am really looking forward to so we can upload approved files directly to YouTube)
- 5 GB storage cap on free accounts limits our ability to work on full-resolution files, and the next tier jumps to 250 GB which is offered at a price unaffordable for a business link ours. I wish that the free tier had the option to buy storage add-ons like those offered to higher-tier accounts.

Syed R.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Wipster – is a useful tool to create better content quickly with drag and drop action’

Reviewed on 29/9/2020

My overall experience with Wipsteris very good. As I mentioned, this tool is a versatile platform and anyone can finish their task with the reviews and comments of the client which is really convenient.

Pros

Wipester is a complete platform to create an amazing design and editing videos at an advanced level. I think a 1month free trial is a convenient option. Wipster allows you to track and collaborate while you are editing any videos and I absolutely like this. Wipster provides the facilities to review your work from anywhere and comment on those. Now, it’s easy for the creator to be notified by the client exactly what portion of the proof needs to change and they can work on that. I think this is an amazing option to minimize hassles. I would say much more functional than a similar priced tool.

Cons

I didn’t like the fact that the interfaces are not always user-friendly. Sometimes, the image previewing was difficult for me. I wish if they could have more elements to be more creative with the tool.

Company size: Self Employed

Wipster Videos

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Overall, it has been a very good and powerful tool to sharing videos for review and approval. Other tools seem like they might work faster or have some interesting additional features, but I value a cheaper service that does the basics very well more than a more expensive service with a bunch of extra non-critical features.

Pros

Being able to share high quality videos with clients with a wide variety of share settings, and that the client can then comment directly on the video easily.

Cons

Unless the reviewer logs into Wipster, comments are a one-way conversation. 9 times out of 10, I have to send an email in order to respond to comments - rendering replys to comments in Wipster almost useless.