Trainual

Easy onboarding and training software for growing businesses

4.7/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.8/5

Tony
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

For a growing company absolutely amazing!

Reviewed on 20/5/2019

Time saver and is allowing us to grow our company and our profits faster.

Pros

Our company is growing at 40-60% a year and we are so busy it is almost impossible to get someone trained to take off the workload and we have added 7 employees in the last 9 months. It has been essential to have to do the training once and then send everyone through it saving my manager a ton of time. It has been easy for us to setup tasks for the new hires to do as well as to have comprehensive tests that really get the new hires engaged.

Cons

It could be easier to install videos and photos.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review, Tony! We're working on an in-app video recorder, which should make adding videos a breeze -- Stay tuned!

John
  • Industry: Consumer Services

It Works for Us

Reviewed on 1/3/2022

Pros

I like the user-friendliness of the application interface & the ease of delivering a seamless, high-quality user experience. I appreciate the solution's flexibility, allowing us to leverage it as a LMS & a KD. Based on budget, this solution was a solid win for us.

Cons

I was not a fan of the lack of user & content data provided. I would like to see more robust reporting on user data, internal SEO data & content efficacy. For example, it would be beneficial to be able to see data on content access frequency, average duration on-page, most frequently searched key terms, ranking info, top viewed content, etc.

Kayla
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Feedback on program

Reviewed on 16/5/2022

When others are assigned and completing a course it works fine. Then when I go to create a course, I have issues with the formatting because of it changing as I am creating.

Pros

The thing that I like most about the program is that you can have multiple people participate in the same curse at the same time.

Cons

The thing that I like the least is the formatting of this program. I have issues with the font and size changing while I am creating a course. That makes it very difficult to create a course and adds time to the process.

Response from Trainual

Hi Kayla! Thank you so much for taking the time to review Trainual :) Really happy to hear that it's been useful for you to get your team trained all at once.

And we appreciate your feedback on the content creation side of things, and we're sorry to hear that it hasn't been easy. That is not the experience we intend to create for our customers. We passed this feedback on to our Product Team so we can see where we can improve. And if you ever have any other specific feedback, feel free to post it here and we'd love to hear it as we're always looking to improve: https://portal.productboard.com/trainual/2-trainual-feature-requests/tabs/4-under-consideration

Thanks so much again for everything, Kayla! We appreciate you being a part of the Trainual community and look forward to continuing to work with you.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Veterinary

Trainual is a game changer!

Reviewed on 9/5/2022

Trainual is a game changer in veterinary hospitals! Communicating and standardizing processes has always plagued veterinary managers and this program allows everything to be documented and instructed in one place.

Pros

This software is well organized for learners, users and managers. Team members love that it can be used on their mobile phone for learning and to reference material when needed. I love the search function! I also appreciate that Trainual has stayed responsive to rolling out new improvements.

Cons

I wish there were more interactive activities available for the users. We use it heavily as a learning system, as well as a place to document SOP's, and we miss some of the interactive features that we had in other programs like Nearpod. The loss of this is still worth it to have the streamlined design and reporting features that Trainual offers.

Response from Trainual

Hi Jennifer! Thank you so much for leaving this awesome review for us :) We're super stoked to hear that Trainual has been a gamechanger for your business!

And thank you for your feedback on the interactive features within Trainual. I'll pass that on to our Product Team, but if you have any specific ideas on interactive features that would be awesome, feel free to share them here as we're always looking to improve: https://portal.productboard.com/trainual/2-trainual-feature-requests/tabs/4-under-consideration

We appreciate you for being a part of our community and we're excited to continue to work with you!

Sonja

Online business GLUE!

Reviewed on 27/5/2022

Excellent experience overall. It is the back bone of policies, training and reference for our company.

Pros

This has enabled all employees to have access to training, reference and libraries of company resources. It makes onboarding and training quick, easy and less stressful.

Cons

The sections could use some flexibility for customizing for our company reference areas. SOP's vs. Policies vs. Training vs. Documentation. It gets confusing where to put all of the stuff. I also don't even know much about some of the features in the Trainual from this survey. Finally, if you want to become an absolute invaluable resource that we can NEVER live without, then assign a rep that we can work with to maximize and assess usage and direct us on how to manage, organize and leverage the tool. I would pay extra for a year or two of support/success service with an assigned rep that gets to know my business.

Response from Trainual

Hi Sonja! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this awesome review of Trainual :) We're so excited to hear that it's made accessing training and reference material so much easier for you and your team!

And thank you for your feedback on content organization customization and for getting a rep for your account. I have great news for both of these for you, though!

On the content organization customization side, you can actually rename the "Company", "Policies", and "Processes" sections to any names that make more sense for your business. To do that, go to "Account Settings" from the top navigation, and then scroll down to "Custom Terminology". From there, you'll be able to rename the Trainual terminology to anything you'd like.

In regards to having your own representative, for Scale accounts that are over 50 users, we do assign those customers with a dedicated rep that is there to help you get set up for success.

Hope that helps! Thank you again for everything!

Duane

Trainual = Scalability

Reviewed on 9/5/2022

Overall it has done what we have needed.
It will allow us to be more systematic and provide resources for our employees.

Pros

Simple to use once you integrate LOOM. Once everyone starts using it the ease is even easier.

Cons

It would be great to be able to track overall training flow or steps with training candidates with both in-person and online training all on the TRAINUAL platform.

Rise and eloomi

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

Ease of use and mobile app capabilities.

Response from Trainual

Hi Duane! Thank you so much for this awesome review of Trainual :) We're stoked to hear that you really like the Loom integration and that it's helped your business scale up.

And thank you for the feedback about tracking overall training flow within Trainual. I'll pass this on to our Product Team as we are always looking for ways to improve.

In the meantime, let us know if you ever have any other feedback, and we'll be happy to hear it! Thanks so much again, and we're excited to continue to work with you!

George
  • Industry: Automotive

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 13/5/2022

Thus far it has been a welcomed addition to our training program. Wil Pagod has been there every step of the way to help me navigate when I've had questions.

Pros

As a training coordinator it gives me flexibility. It does not replace face to face training. But is an addition to the training program. It allows members to complete training on their time and gives us the ability to easily update said training.

Cons

The initial roll out was a little confusing for members who aren't computer literate. But it didn't take much training to get them up to speed.

Response from Trainual

Hi George - Wow! Thank you so much for this amazing review of Trainual :) We're beyond pumped to hear that the platform has been a huge help in the way you train employees. And we're really glad to hear we had everything you need to be successful. That made our day hearing that!

Appreciate you a ton for being a part of our community, and we're excited to continue to work with you!

Dior
  • Industry: Wholesale

Exactly what we were looking for!

Reviewed on 27/6/2022

It's been great! Super easy to set up and literally used every day.

Pros

Passing knowledge onto our customers is of the utmost importance to us, thus our team members need to be provided with quick access while they're working live to access these situations with quality solutions. Having Trainual open and accessible during the work day is key to achieving that!

Cons

I honestly cannot say a bad thing about Trainual. My only point of improvement would be to allow for a directory that does not need to be accessed teamwide for its creation.

Response from Trainual

Hi Dior! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this awesome review of Trainual. We're super excited that you are enjoying the product and that it has been a game changer for having your team access your company's information!

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the directory within the application. We passed that feedback on to our Product Team so they are aware. In the meantime, you can have your team members in the app hidden from the directory when you first invite them into the platform. That may be a good workaround if you don't want certain people to be seen in there. If you do have any other feedback or if there's anything else we can do to help, always feel free to reach out.

Thank you so much again for being an awesome customer! We're super stoked to continue to work with you.

Eizabeth
  • Industry: Market Research

A Remote Workspace Game-Changer

Reviewed on 16/8/2022

Overall, our company would not have experienced the fast-paced growth we have today without the Trainual platform. The ease of use and practicality has increased our efficiency and quality of work from new hires.

Pros

As a remote company, Trainual provides a one-stop platform for all training material. I like that I can add written materials, videos, and images/documents to create a cohesive and user-friendly training resource. Using Trainual allows our company to keep training consistent and gets our new hires trained much more quickly. Instead of pulling a team member for one-on-one training for the basics, we can get them started on Trainual, then transition to on-the-job training much more effectively.

Cons

There are certain features that would make assigning tasks more efficient but with the proactive updates, I expect Trainual will come up with a solution soon enough. I would like to see where I can create profiles with the subjects needed for each role, then assign users to the role instead of assign each individual subject.

Michael

Does what it needs to.

Reviewed on 29/9/2019

Overall it is great and has greatly cut down the time to onboard a new employee.

Pros

I like the simplicity of trainual, especially the dashboard and the email reminders that content has been updated. Building lessons is fairly easy as is creating tasks. Getting my entire company to move over the platform was fairly easy, as was setting up the invites and setting individual user levels. Once training lessons are created, they are easy to update and keep current. I like how you can both link and embed video and really, create any type of layout you want. That is nice and I like having the ability to have certain layouts for certain kind of content. Embedding Loom videos has been a super easy process.

Cons

The only con to Trainual is when it comes to editing the overall structure of training. It can be a bit confusing adding new content from the subject area (but once in the lesson it is super easy). I just think the initial contents could be easier to navigate.

Response from Trainual

Glad we helped you cut down onboarding time, Michael! Thanks for your feedback around our subject editor too -- we're working on a big project to make this a lot easier.

Sean

Priceless Tool for Streamlining and Growth

Reviewed on 26/8/2020

Extremely positive. The tool flat out works. It's something that you get out what you put in. My recommendation for anyone looking into it is to have a strong plan and a devoted 'Trainual Champion' devoted to the buildout and implantation of the platform.

Pros

Trainual is far and away the best value for any platform we have used. It's hard to determine what's more impactful, the cost savings or the added revenue generated from staying organized and properly training our people. I strongly recommend this tool to anyone wanting to scale their business in a healthy and sustainable way.

Cons

The cons I experience are items the Trainual team is working on developing. Not many negatives to this technology.

Response from Trainual

Hello Sean! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thorough review of your Trainual experience. We truly appreciate the kind words and are thrilled to hear that our software has been impactful to your business, from savings to training efficiency. We're always here if you have additional feedback or questions!

Shania
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Trainual is great!!

Reviewed on 29/3/2021

Trainual is overall a wonderful company, there customer service is generally very quick and usually always helpful :)

Pros

It is not hard to learn how to use, it is fun to create training programs. There are many things you can do with this software.

Cons

Some of the embedding features are hard to understand and can be complicated if you are not tech friendly. It can be slightly hard to grasp how the courses can be set up, Such as understanding subject, topic, steps and how they work together.

Response from Trainual

Hi Shania - thank you so much for taking the time to review Trainual! We're really happy to hear that you're having fun with it and that you've found it useful. Plus, your awesome words about our company totally made our day! As always, our support team is here to help wherever you need it, so always feel free to reach out if there's anything we can do to make your experience better! Looking forward to continuing to work with you :)

Ryan
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Super Easy to Use

Reviewed on 14/5/2021

The team at Trainual has been amazing. They have supported us throughout the process. When you have a great product and an even better team supporting it, great things happen.

Pros

This product is super easy to use. Our team was able to get up to speed quickly and start building content right away.

Cons

I would like to continue to see more reports.

Coassemble

Reasons for Choosing Trainual

Easier to author content.

Coassemble

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

Easier to use.

Response from Trainual

Hi Ryan! Thanks so much for leaving us a review. We appreciate it! And we're pumped to hear that you were able to get your team up to speed quickly by using Trainual And thanks for sharing your feedback on Reports. We are making some updates to our product to improve that area, so stay tuned! If you have any other questions or feedback, always feel free to reach out and we'll be more than happy to help!

Lynette
  • Used for Free Trial

Great system

Reviewed on 13/6/2020

Trainual solves almost all of our onboarding dilemmas, and the library of templates gets you going quickly.

Pros

The system looks utterly professional and modern with a clean, uncluttered UI, its the main reason we are selecting this product. Once customised with our branding it looked and felt like our own platform.
The website is responsive and its great that its available as a downloadable app and mobi site. The price is reasonable and flexible according to user numbers, and has a monthly payment option as opposed to a lot of other LMS systems requiring annual upfront payment.

Cons

Its disappointing that the LMS is not SCORM compliant or supportive of adding external course material. The content tools require expanding, colour fonts and custom backgrounds etc. If you are going to limit the instructor to compiling courses to using your own content tools only it has to sufficiently expansive to make your courses appealing. Gifs are not totally appropriate for a lot of courses while obviously a nice differentiator. Creativity is therefore limiting. I would like to also see that you are able to upload videos directly from your device, as opposed to being forced to using YouTube videos which looks less than professional.

Response from Trainual

Hi Lynette! Thank you so much for leaving your candid feedback of Trainual. We are delighted to hear that you like our UI and prebuilt templates.

Tonya
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Training made SIMPLE!

Reviewed on 20/5/2019

Overall, trainual has been a lifesaver for me and my team. By using trainual as our training platform we are able to ramp up more new team members at one time and keep our open forums to high-level reviews of the material. This saves my trainers and supervisors hours of hand holding which in turn allows them to focus on their other daily tasks.

Pros

The use and navigation of the Trainual platform is simple and clear. My trainers are easily able to create new subjects within minutes. Also, having the ability to move entire sections from one subject to another makes life so much better. It would never work if we had to copy/paste and delete. We also love the reporting in Trainual. We can monitor our new trainees' progression and identify areas for improvement at a glance.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I don't like about trainual. It would be nice if we could choose our own color scheme to match that of our company.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the review, Tonya - Glad we were able to simplify your process!

Jenny

Trainual Review

Reviewed on 9/5/2022

Trainual is helping us document EVERYTHING! This is an overwhelming process, but the tools available to help are actually useful. It took us awhile to figure out where we wanted different sections to go within Trainual but now we are ready to move forward.

Pros

I like all the template options and YouTube videos available for helping us create materials. With the new sections of process, company, etc. it has been helpful to be able to divide up content more specifically.

I didn't know there was integration possible with trainual and will look more into that.

Cons

It has been a process to get all the information into Trainual. It feels very overwhelming, but the templates help. I find it is sometimes difficult to get GIFs to load and then just skip them because it is taking too long.

Response from Trainual

Hi Jenny! Thank you so much for leaving this awesome review of Trainual :) We're super excited to hear that the templates and videos have been helpful as you build out your Trainual account! Know that we're always adding more resources to help with optimizing your account, and you can check out all of our resources here: https://help.trainual.com/en/?_ga=2.165564281.738260057.1655139786-567141627.1652469481

And if you ever have any questions or input on how we can make things easier for you, always feel free to reach out and we'll be happy to help where we can.

Thank you so much for working with us, Jenny! We're excited to continue to be a part of your business :)

Nikki

Trainual Transformed our Staff

Reviewed on 8/9/2020

I love it! We will be using it for years!

Pros

Trainual was super easy to set up and get my staff training up to date. It is very intuitive so my staff were able to get started with minimal assistance.

Cons

I have to put in my own information. The templates Trainual has are amazing, I just wish I could click a button and all my manuals were magically entered!

Response from Trainual

Hi Nikki! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We hear you, a magic button for content would be AWESOME. We're glad to know that it's been otherwise beneficial to your training efforts, and we hope you continue to find it impactful to your team! Please let us know if you ever have additional feedback or questions.

Sarah
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used for 6-12 months

Training Make-over

Reviewed on 20/5/2019

Overall it is great. Our business is set up with multiple locations across 4 states and it is has allowed the training to happen without the cost of long business trips. I would honestly say that Trainual helps me accomplish 80-90% of my goals with training and that really cuts down on the time and expenses spent traveling and training.

Pros

I love that I can add screenshots into the quizzes - it allows me to ensure that employees I have never met (due to hiring in a region I don't live in) understand what they are looking at. I love that in general I can have the benefit of a "hands-on" approach and thoroughly teach concepts and in actuality use up very little time to do so. Overall, Trainual is very helpful.

Cons

If I could change one thing - it would be Trainual creating the ability for us to upload videos directly to the website as opposed to having to go through youtube or Vimeo. Either the quality of the video is reduced by the time it gets to Trainual to the point where it's blurry and not really useful, or we have to pay a separate vendor to upload the videos, or we have to upload slowly over time. If that aspect were changed, I would give this software an 11/10.

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the feedback, Sarah! An in-app video platform is definitely on the roadmap. :)

Danielle
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great for Onboarding & as a Reference Guide

Reviewed on 9/8/2022

Overall Trainual has been a huge help for our company

Pros

One of the issues with working for a company that is constantly hiring is making sure each new member of our team has all the information they would need in order to excel at their job. Trainual allowed us to organize all information into one area that can always be used as a guide when unsure how to proceed or if an employee just needs a refresher on a certain process.

Cons

Setting up each topic and learning the software was a little confusing at first but after some exploring of each feature it is pretty simple to organize what you need

Great onboarding tool

Reviewed on 10/5/2021

Pros

I like the ease of updating any information in the portal.

Cons

You can’t move subjects around to other topics

Response from Trainual

Hi there - thanks so much for taking the time to review Trainual! We appreciate you. And we're excited to hear that you think we're a great onboarding tool. We think you're a great customer

And thank you for the feedback on moving around Subjects. One thing you can do instead is move around Topics to different subjects. All you have to do is go to Subject view, then expand the Subject that the Topic you want to move is in, and then drag it over to a different Subject.

For a visual walkthrough of this process, you can check that out here: http://help.trainual.com/en/articles/4109192-move-a-topic-or-test-to-another-subject#:~:text=If%20you%20would%20like%20to,Test%20to%20the%20new%20position.

Hope that helps! If there's anything else we can answer for you, feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help. Thanks again!

Wendy
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

My view of Trainual

Reviewed on 25/8/2020

I loved it because you don't have to sit in a boring lecture

Pros

It lets you read the rules and regulations at your own speed and you can even review before testing.

Cons

I am not sure what i liked least of all

Response from Trainual

Hi Wendy! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We're glad that the platform has been more interesting and effective than a traditional lecture or training! :) We hope you continue to find it helpful and engaging. Let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback!

Oryan

Great Tool, needs more flexibility

Reviewed on 30/5/2019

Pros

I love how easy it is for our employees to learn how to use it. new employees can just sit down at their desk on their first day and go through the trainual and be onboarded in an organized way.

Cons

Theres not a lot of flexibility in terms of look and format. I would love for the UI to be more fun and engaging so our employees dont just feel like theyre flipping through pages of text. I think typeform is a great example of engaging and fun UI that would be a great fit for trainual. Think turbotax also. We want our employees to enjoy training, but we are extremely limited in what we can manipulate in trainual.
I would also like to see more types of content than just text and tests. I want surveys, i want feedback forms, or at the very least, a non graded test.
I also would like to be able to generate a report of all the freeform test answers from a specific subject.

Response from Trainual

Hi Oryan -- Thanks for the review! We would be happy to hop on a call and discuss your feedback if that would be helpful. Just email [email protected] and we'll get that coordinated!

Shannon
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Trainual is awesome.

Reviewed on 22/3/2021

Really good.

Pros

Very easy to navigate. Works well on devices, too.

Cons

None. I like how this software delivers a comprehensive training method.

Response from Trainual

Hey Shannon! Thanks so much for your review of Trainual. We think you're awesome too! And we're excited to hear that it's been easy for you to use. If you ever have any questions, always feel free to reach out!

Steve

Training and Certifying our Sales People

Reviewed on 20/5/2019

We needed to find a practical and reliable system to deploy our sales processes to all of the sales people quickly and ensure that each is competent and familiar with the sales guidelines and processes established by the sales management team

Pros

How easy it is to use for both the administrators and end users

Cons

The interface could be much more sexy making this even more appealing to the end users

Response from Trainual

Thanks for the positive review, Steve! We're working to make our interface better everyday, but you can submit any requests at trainual.com/ideas. :)

Bill
  • Industry: Utilities

Easy to use and easy to learn

Reviewed on 29/8/2022

Very good and continuing to use it for training our agents.

Pros

Trainual was very easy to use and put into use within a very short time frame. The trainer loves the software as do the users.

Cons

In a perfect world it might look little old hat, but it is funcational