Crello

Cloud-based graphic design, photo editing and animation tool

4.6 /5 (212 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
Rodrigo C.
Industry: Legal Services

One of the best tools for social media images and videos, with monthly stock photos included

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

We use Crello to create the images and media accompanying our social media posts and blog posts. There are many similar tools available, but we realized most of our time was spent finding the right image to use. Having 5 stock photos per month already included in our plan makes it easier for us to just search through the whole photos catalog and pick a few alternatives without worrying about the price. We are a small team so we didn't really need brand guides or brand asset management in our design tool.

Pros

Crello is incredibly easy to use and includes thousands of great templates for things like social media posts, flyers and even business cards. But what sets it apart from similar tools is that you can easily create videos for social media stories or posts with great video templates. The new Advanced subscription also gives you 5 paid stock photos (from DepositPhotos) per month, which for us really made the price worth it.

Cons

The interface might seem clunky compared to other tools that are more refined in terms of design. Navigating between sections could be easier, but once you are in design mode it is seamless and easy to use. Also, there's no way to manage brand assets like colors and typography like you get on Canva, and you have to get the Pro subscription to remove Crello branding from video.

Laura G.
Industry: Photography
Company size: Self Employed

Create Graphics in a Snap!

Reviewed on 4/4/2019

Can't believe I didn't know about Crello until this year, it has made managing my social accounts and creating graphics so SO much easier. It's a huge time saver and such a great source of inspiration day in and day out!!

Pros

I love Crello mostly because of the no-fuss ease of use! Hands down the easiest way to create any, literally ANY style graphic for any and all type of social platforms as well as graphics for prints, e-books, business cards, posters, flyers, whatever you can dream, you can make it. Also the fact that there are never any hidden fees unlike some other graphics tools used in the past, which made you pay for extra elements used, once you sign up for an Advanced or Pro plan with Crello, you get access to a myriad of design elements in their library. That's it. All is there at your fingertips to use freely on your paid plans. I personally opted for a Pro plan as I manage various social accounts and create lots of graphics daily. Oh, you have loads and loads of your own design elements like fonts, backgrounds, patterns, images you'd like to use? Upload away and create to your heart's desire.

Cons

It could have been user error, but when I clicked on a project and went to pick a different design, it completely changed my project without the possibility of going back to the original.
In the e-book section, I don't like that it only gives you options to see designs for around 5- pages. But that's truly not a huge deal, as you can duplicate pages and page designs and keep on going.
The zoom option should be a bit more seamless instead of clicking the zoom button at the bottom, like a mouse scroll action of sorts.
Down the road I'd like to see a standalone app for Android and Mac, stepping away from using it in your web browser, but I know that's more in the realm of full software development. Just an idea. The Android app would be SUPER helpful though... Think about any and all social posts people make RIGHT ON their mobile devices!!
Very small things in the grand scheme of things, the software is pretty rad all in all.

Joseph K.
Industry: Translation & Localisation

Graphic design made easy and very beginner friendly

Reviewed on 25/11/2020

Crello is amazing, its the best tool for any beginner or anyone who does not have a budget to hire a pro graphic designer. With this tool you will have zero excuses as to why you're able to showcase your products in a beautiful well crafted poster or video.

Pros

I stumbled upon this gem as i was looking for a beginner friendly and easy to edit graphic design program and boy oh boy my experience has never been better. The ability to add team mates is a feature i like a lot i can also monitor and collaborate with them on any project. Every week Crello updates new templates, to me templates was the best selling point since i can easily edit it according to my needs i can also quickly search for a particular template or one geared towards a holiday/event, this makes me look like a real pro! The pro account is super loaded with premium photos and nice videos and some in HD which is something not so common when it comes to alternative software's. My small digital agency has acquired a professional look and appeal just because of Crello, whenever i post a poster or video people always wonder where i got my designing prowess but oh well its all Crello..

Cons

If they could add more African related content, photos and videos then this would be a complete tool, for now such content are not as many.

Daniel T.
Industry: Education Management

A absolute for Businesses that requires Designs

Reviewed on 5/8/2020

Simply Great.

Pros

It is a cloud software. It has tons and tons of templates. I know how to use photoshop and used to use it alot. Nowaday I just use trello. Select the design that you like and just edit it. Pro version also has team sharing and premium images that I love. Images can be resize in almost an instant.

Cons

It does has limitations such as cannot put shadow or border on fonts and objects. No chinese characters. Sometimes a little buggy.

Benjamin H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Pretty decent design tool for novice animator/videographer

Reviewed on 22/2/2019

Overall, I still use Crello free version from time to time, because it allows me to quickly design and upload beautiful designs for my clients. As a former paid subscriber, I probably won't be reenrolling as a paid member unless Crello updates its contents to make me comeback. Until then, I'll be a paid member with Canva.

Pros

Crello is super easy to use even without any technical background. It allows novice designers to create beautiful​ contents for social media platforms, websites, and for any office-related documents (powerpoints, flyers, business cards, etc.). I've also used their premium function for video animation design, which is a big plus to stand out.

Cons

I was on paid monthly subscription​ but Crello's video/animation designs weren't very good for a couple of reasons​. 1. The templates are very limited so most people using this app/tool uploads the same contents. 2. Customizing on video/animation has very little room to play with, thus making the contents a little off topic. 3. Compared to Canva, graphics​ and icon selections are limited​ making the entire process much longer to finish. However, other than that I believe the ​free version of Crello is enough to do decent design work.

Arin W.

100% Better Than The Market Leader

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

The team is always looking to improve the product - I feel that they actually want feedback and they want to actively work on it. Crello is definitely my favourite tool for design online (I've tried a few), and I'm recommending it to all of my marketing friends!

Pros

You know the one I'm talking about. Everybody is using it, and it's obvious when they're using templates. This is no good for a company that offers graphic design as a service, even when we're using it for clients who don't pay bespoke prices. That's why I LOVE Crello. The templates don't look like templates. They're high quality and there's one for every occasion. Thank you Crello!

Cons

Initially I felt that paying customers didn't get enough assets for their money, however the new membership plans have totally rectified that issue. I love everything about Crello now! Amazing value for money.

Anna S.
Industry: Medical Practice

Good and easy

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

Easy to make posts for social media, emails and other small design products even without experience and special skills in design

Pros

Many cool templates, easy and user-friendly interface

Cons

no possibility to save brand colours, impossible to use designs, created on a computer, in mobile application

Himanshu G.

Quick Graphic design and editing tools. Best alternative to Canva

Reviewed on 8/9/2020

Crello is an excellent product from DepositPhotos.
Makes graphic design for all social platforms very easy for me and my team.
Best suited for marketers and agencies who need to develop quick graphics for social media campaigns.

Pros

Quick editing tools: text edit, resize, photo effects, crop, fade, and contrast.
A ton of ready-made templates, photos and animations.

Cons

Animations take some time to export.
Animations library still needs more assets.

Erica D.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

I'm obsessed

Reviewed on 5/12/2019

I wish I learned about this program sooner! What a change it's made in my work!

Pros

I have no idea how I did my job without Crello. It has made my life SO much easier. I use it for creating our social media visual content. I love that I can literally create a library of all of the materials I've created and easily access them when I need them. They have some AWESOME layouts, stock photos, and really eye catching graphics that helps us stand out.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say about Crello. I don't know how I did my job before learning about the program. It's made my job easier!

Industry: Media Production

Online image and social content creation made easy.

Reviewed on 29/4/2019

It took so much trouble to just post in text and when my word gets unnoticed due to just post, I lose so many clients. Now as I am using an attractive picture it is creating more leads for my startup.

Pros

After signing up it took 2min to create a LinkedIn background imager from the template. It is so fast. Every social platform and their picture measurement is listed here, so just click on the template and create a nice and pro looking template within 10 min. No more big software installation, and lots of money to buy it for just a few pieces of the social announcement. I can open a browser and start doing it even for free. All the attractive templates are professionally looking which makes my feed more attractive.

Cons

Sometimes browser stops responding (I am using an i3 machine with 6gb of ram) when using Firefox. When downloading an animated picture is preparing it took forever to code.. don't download. So I am just sticking with pictures.

Carmen L.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Quick and Easy Professional Designs

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

Great! It’s easy to use, the predesigned templates are stunning and polished. When I did have a problem the response from Crello was quick and useful.

Pros

It’s allows me to create content that always looks professional, the Pro features have elevated my designs and allow me to post different graphics to my different digital channels.

Cons

The bugs that occur now and then, and I create content mostly for NGO’s and NPO’s- more designs and design elements geared towards those sectors (I.e. Health holidays) would be great.

Industry: Education Management

Great for Social Media Graphics

Reviewed on 22/8/2019

Gets the job done.

Pros

Crello makes it very easy to create graphics for social media. The software is easy to use. Even if you aren’t a graphic designer (which I definitely am not), you can create a great looking graphic pretty easily.

Cons

More and more, the free version is becoming very limited. The more appealing templates and images require the paid account. Also, you are unable to “resize” graphics on the free account. For example, if you create a graphic for FB, you are unable to resize it for Twitter. You would have to pay for this feature.

Ben I.
Industry: Automotive

Very useful designing tool similar to Canva

Reviewed on 5/7/2020

Will continue to use the free version but we use Canva more frequently because of the user-friendly smartphone app.

Pros

First of all, Crello is a free designing tool (yes, there is a pro version). I enjoy this awesome designing tool for non-designers. I like Crello's ability to create great designs (social media, postcard, logo, etc.) and videos as well.

Cons

Compared to Canva, I think it lacks some features other than the video tool which is more useful than Canva. I tried the pro/paid version but I felt that it wasn't worth the price.

Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Create any design like a pro

Reviewed on 30/6/2020

I started using Crello this week and love it. It's very easy to create social media posts for almost every network without being a design guru. I will still use other tools but Crello is making it very easy to create good-looking posts for our clients.

Pros

Crello has lots of great business templates, images and videos. This sets it apart from other apps. Usually, I have to create the "right" business designs, but Crello has lots of ready-made posts to use. This has saved me several hours.

Cons

Crello doesn't remove image backgrounds. However, I believe it's on their new features roadmap. I don't use this feature much but it's needed to be a very powerful app. This has been the only drawback so far.

Cesar A.

Crello is indispensable!

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

Pros

Simple use
Premium content
Excellent features
Good support

Cons

Sometimes the platform goes through instabilities

Rony B.
Industry: Graphic Design

I really like it

Reviewed on 11/5/2019

I love it very much and I also tech people in Israel how to use it.
Very easy to use and new stuff every some time.

Pros

That it is very easy to use.
It's possible to write Hebrew and use Hebrew fonts.
I like the animation

Cons

Some important things are missing:
1. rtl text direction
2. define brand colors

Gulru E.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

USER FRIENDLY

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

I quite liked it and use often for amateur projects

Pros

it is a very powerful tool for people who don't have Adobe etc. It is very easy to use and meets most of my expectations.

Cons

the templates should be more and the categories should be expanded

Industry: Telecommunications

Great app, but looking forward to see some improvements

Reviewed on 4/4/2019

I use this app everyday for content creation. Templates are pro looking and easy on the eyes. I love animated features, they help to create a really impressive content. However, search is a pain, there is no logic. I want to search by template type (Facebook post, Twitter post, LinkedIn cover), not industry. At least give two options. I would recommend this service for anyone looking for an easy way to create impressive designs.

Pros

Lot of great templates
Pro animations
Easy to use creation interface

Cons

Hard to find templates, search is not intuitive
Templates only for marketers (no resumes or more personal templates)
Small library of free content (photos)

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Volodymyr V.
Industry: Computer Software

Solid template database, very usable tool

Reviewed on 3/4/2019

Stunning my results with minimal effort, would recommend

Pros

This is by far the best visuals app I’ve used. It has thousands of templates and I can mix and match to create my own style and reflect the ideas needed for my blog and social media pages.
I love that the interface is so easy to work with and it does not require a lot of figuring out, unlike professional design software.
My designs look fantastic!

Cons

No way to share designs in batches, have to manually send every single one to my Facebook page

Said B.

My honest review for Crello

Reviewed on 22/8/2019

Pros

Crello is really useful and very easy to use. With a couple of clicks and drag and drop you can create awesome designs and your ads will look great and professional with very little work.
Thanks, Crello for your Help.

Cons

Personally, I don't see any cons. I mean it. and you will find out by yourself.also the price is very affordable

Hamit D.
Industry: Furniture
Company size: Self Employed

Crello ad preparation was also very convenient for me

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 25/10/2020

the web application. Now I can do everything easily

Pros

I found this product by chance in iPhone applications. I had a hard time preparing a post on the phone, then learned the web application. Now I can do everything easily

Cons

I had a hard time preparing an advertisement on the phone

Miguel M.

The best

Reviewed on 10/4/2019

Dont have any factor to tell
I am very happy

Pros

O love os very good software and easy to use

Cons

Is the update all time and easy to use

Edie M.

Crello for Business

Reviewed on 8/4/2019

Video gets better response than images. My audience responds to it.

Pros

I like all the animation options and video templates.

Cons

No mobile version. Some of the user interface for designing, moving/removing elements or changing type layout is clunky.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Anita T.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Slow when videos were made

Reviewed on 13/5/2020

It was good until it lasted and got took over by canva.

Pros

I mostly used this tool yo design my social media posts and videos. It has great templates and innovative designs for all sizes.

Cons

Yes, it can be made a lot more faster to process the media files, and have folders to keep the uploaded files separately.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

April A.
Industry: Real Estate

Great Creative Software for a Budget

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 10/4/2019

This is a great software for those business professionals on a budget. I have used it for most of my social media marketing and have gotten great response.

Pros

The price makes it easy to obtain. Lots of clips, photos and elements to use and create marketing.

Cons

Animations are a bit cheesy. Wish they could be manipulated more.