Crello

Cloud-based graphic design, photo editing and animation tool

4.6 /5 (220 reviews) Write a Review!

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Constantly adding fresh template content

Reviewed on 5/1/2021

While looking for a graphic solution to allow us to protect our brand through image consistency, Crello stood out from most other solutions we considered. The templates we've managed to save in our platform has given us a solid foundation for social media content that we can only build on.

Pros

The templates, icons, animations and stock imagery that come with Crello are seriously impressive. The fact that the templates are constantly being added to is awesome. The recommended templates when you search for keywords is perhaps the most impressive feature.

You can also upload your own imagery and fonts which allows you to use this platform for some impressive image/animation content that is true to your own company's brand.

Cons

I'd struggle to list any serious cons in all honesty. Of all their features, I'd say their icon selection is the weakest, but that's stretching.

Response from Crello

Hey Crello user, thank you so much for rating us 5* We've added more content and icons recently, please feel free to check!

Alfredo J.

Crello's Templates are top notch. Let's hope they keep improving.

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

When it works it is wonderful. It can be frustrating when design elements won't load but I overall I find it an important part to quickly create headers and illustrations for blog and social media content.

Pros

Crellos's template library is pretty awesome. It can help create professional looking images and video in a matter of minutes.
The rest of the tools are pretty basic but they work well considering the idea is to modify the template to your needs.
I really like that it doesn't limit itself to images, but can also be used to create video, and includes access to high quality stock elements.

Cons

The main issue I have while using Crello is that sometimes design elements won't load. I really really hope they can improve on this because it can make using the tool frustrating from time to time.
Some template elements sometimes cannot be changed in color, or do not provide color alternatives to match your brand.

Nick S.

Crello Makes Social Images & Videos Easy

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

Very good, these guys have stable platform for developing images and short videos for websites, social media and more. Get and account and start producing very professional looking ad creatives and more in minutes!

Pros

Many preset designs to choose from. We don't always use them, but they are an absolute blessing when it comes to getting your creative juices flowing. We do find the seasonal and holiday based posts to be awesome. We use these and recycle them for different clients to keep each account fresh and on point with the season.

Cons

Could have more designs to work from, but you know what their layouts are highly customizable so you can certainly get out there an make your own and customize one for a different use fast and very easily. From concept to posting, this is a great platform for any agency looking to crank out social assets for their clients.

Wonderful solution

Reviewed on 9/5/2019

Pros

I really like the existing templates, which are very interesting as a source of inspiration. I also find very useful and resourceful as there is a plethora of video, images, designs, etc.

Cons

I do not like the fact that we cannot customize animations' colors and that sometimes it is difficult to align objects using the given ruler and guidelines.

Syed R.

Excellent tool for non graphic designer

Reviewed on 13/2/2020

Crello is really exiting to use and it allow you to become more productive. It's really simple to use and versatile.

Pros

Using Crello to create various design for virtual and other use is very easy. Crello is for those people who doesn't know graphics design. There is so many option to create design with versatility. Its saves your time because it has big collection of tools to make your work authentic. Crello allow you finish work quickly because you don't need to look for tool anywhere else. If anyone has idea how to create design for online marketing or other purpose they can use crello beautifully.

Cons

I love the tools collection of Crello, it's really huge and nice but I wish if could use all of them free. So many nice tool are not free.

Danielle E.

Create Eye Catching Graphics without a Degree!

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Some days the creativity is just not flowing. Crello ensures no one else knows that but you! Create content without digging to deep.

Pros

Where do I start! The templates are fabulous! The animation posts are engaging. Graphics are sized properly for each platform. If you are doing any type of marketing this software is worth the price. And now they have an app!!

Cons

I'm incredibly appreciative of the app! My only real complaint is you cannot edit a graphic that was created on the desktop in the app and you cannot edit a graphic on the desktop that was created in the app.

Fernando O.

Excellent design tool for social media

Reviewed on 22/5/2020

I am not a frequent user but as I have paid for the year so I use it when I have something to design for a job and personally it works very well for me.

Pros

It has hundreds of eye-catching templates to edit and publish or take ideas.
It also integrates many premium images and videos, the functionality that I love is adding animations and background video

Cons

They could improve the form of the image editor a bit, but they have improved since the last update.
I would like to be able to drag one image to another and replace it with another and that this one takes the measures of the replaced one. Also It would be great if they added the option of gradient colors.

Easy to use, good content

Reviewed on 6/7/2019

As I mentioned before, it makes it much easier for me to make a quick and entertaining design, you just modify the text and sometimes the photo, it's easy to use.

Pros

crello I like it a lot because it is a tool that facilitates your work, its templates are very good and beautiful, as well as being colorful and entertaining. I love animations with video, and they are always updating content to use.

Cons

there is only the app for iphone in beta, and the last update that they did not work well, they should also make the app in beta for android, its cost is somewhat high.

Kim M.

Being creative is easier with Crello!

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

Ease of use, fabulous inspirations, and when I'm stuck or need something last minute I can count on Crello to inspire my creativity! AND you get photos, patterns, icons, and illustrations included in your monthly fee. Win Win!

Pros

Love that you're able to add animation and not have static visual marketing images. Great choices and inspiration from Crello makes my time/work easier. If I'm running behind but need to get something posted for a client, I can count on inspiration from Crello. I just switch some things up and GO!

Cons

No search function within 'My Projects'.

Chiara O.

Crello is very good

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

Pros

It’s very easy to use and it’s easy to change format.

Cons

New Videos aren’t uploaded frequently, a bigger video gallery would be better.

Karen W.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Crello is a dream to use!

Reviewed on 6/4/2021

I used to spend hours designing social media posts. When you are starting with a blank canvas it can be a struggle to get started. Now I choose a template and go to town! The finished product is fresh.

Pros

I am able to make attractive social media posts in a fraction of the time. I have Adobe Creative Suite and it has its' place in my arsenal but for facebook and instagram posts Crello is the bomb!

Cons

Occasionally the fonts are not what I would like but all in all this software is really pretty great. I am able to save images or use images that Crello has available. They are constantly adding new templates that I can alter for my own use. It is probably similar to Canva

Response from Crello

Hi Karen, we are pleased to hear you like Crello! As for the fonts, you can always upload your custom fonts via the "Texts" tab of as part of your brand kit

Jason R.

Great Idea!

Reviewed on 6/6/2019

Have enjoyed it so far. Look forward to seeing lots of other stuff on here, options, etc.

Pros

Love how easy it is to use. To find what you want to do. Do it, save it, share it. Couldn't be easier.

Cons

Needs a constant influx of animation, videos, etc

Julye E.
  • Industry: Publishing

Wonderful Software

Reviewed on 4/4/2019

I use my Crello ads on social media posts. They help my books stand out, and draw attention. I can change the font, the colors, and add my own images. LOVE it!

Pros

This software is very easy to use. There are a lot of templates you can pick from, or you can easily create your own. The videos are great, adding motion to your social media posts.

Cons

I didn't find it intuitive. There was no tutorial (that I found) and I had to figure everything out myself. I would also like the option to add audio to the videos I create.

I figured out what I needed to do, and love it. There was just a small learning curve.

Brenda K.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Amazing Product

Reviewed on 10/4/2019

it has been amazing for our Manpower office as well as others. We have gotten such positive feedback on our posts and other people asking us how we did this. We have referred a lot of people to Crello !!!

Pros

So creative and so many options for someone who doesn't have the computer ability to create so many of these things on your own

Cons

sometimes it's hard to navigate and find different options

Viktoriia Z.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Important

Reviewed on 7/3/2020

Pr

Pros

Design , it is very colorful
The video is good, but it will be better if you have a music

Cons

Sometimes on Ukraine words doesn’t work the words on Latin

Melissa B.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Crello is marketing essentials for everyone

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

I love Crello, use it almost daily now bot professionally and personally

Pros

ease of use, no prior design knowledge or experience I was tasked with making marketing materials and found this program. Crello saved me and gives me the tools readily available to make my job easier and look more professional.

Cons

I have not learned the entire program yet, but some of the text boxes are hard to manipulate and modify from my experience but it could just be my lack of using them.

Mario M.

Best for Social Media Designs

Reviewed on 31/10/2020

I was using a different tool for my social media posts but Crello offered me more templates, better and animated designs and frequent updates.

Pros

Its modern and fancy templates. I´ve been a user for less than 6 months and I think they seem to add new functionalities every month.

Cons

Maybe the fact that among so many templates it´s easy to get lost. But it´s still user-friendly.

Response from Crello

Hey Mario, we are super pleased to hear only positive words from you and are especially delighted to see your readiness to recommend Crello to your friends! Did you know that becoming a Crello referral can help you earn extra downloads or bonuses for friends? https://crello.com/user/settings/referral-program/

Ferdinand M.

Crello surprised me and has taken over my use of Canva

Reviewed on 1/6/2019

I used to use Canva weekly but the costs were getting to be ridiculous. I moved over to Crello on an offer I received and honestly, I haven't looked back. This software is just awesome and easy. It has similarities to Canva but I have been using Crello consistently every day since I bought it. It's worth a try, if you don't like it you can always refund or take advantage of the free trial.

Pros

The ease of use is great. The templates are pretty amazing too. My favorite part is the animations. They are really creative and so easy to place into a project and make it look awesome. I've already made a few facebook cover videos in under 30 minutes!

Cons

There isn't anything that I've found yet that I don't like. I'm sure there will be something but I can't pinpoint it at the moment.

Montse F.

Una gran herramienta

Reviewed on 10/4/2019

It solves creative situations in a simple, easy and effective way.

Pros

The thing we like most is that usability and variety of resources

Cons

We have not warned against, very good experience

Jeremy S.

Extraordinary

Reviewed on 3/6/2019

We've used Crello for everything from social media postings and marketing needs to generating flyers and presentations. It's a very user friendly platform that has a lot of depth.

Pros

If you're not a full time marketing person but you need to generate content that is engaging and original this is a fantastic option. The features, options and platforms covered are well worth the low monthly charge.

Cons

You can generate amazing content for Instagram but you cannot share straight into Instagram.

It's no Canva, but it's still good

Reviewed on 31/8/2020

Recently bought Crello as a cheaper alternative to Canva. It's definitely not as good, but still comes with most of the functionality.

Pros

- a large amount of decent looking templates
- good selection of stock photos
- easy access to use Deposit Photos
- carries over a lot of features from Canva

Cons

- templates aren't quite as nice as Canva
- still a lot of room for more advanced controls (like gradients)
- while the stock photos are good, also not at the level of Canva

Ganesh B.

Perfect tool for creating designs

Reviewed on 19/7/2019

Pros

Ability to set Custom Dimensions .
Huge collection of Templates for Inspiration.
Has Free Plan with Decent Features
IOS App

Cons

Design Tool can be better (With More features)

Jermaine L.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Awesome Editor!

Reviewed on 13/4/2019

I am actively participating in a religious organization and this editor is a great help in doing promotions that we post on social media. It is user friendly for someone who is not so skillful with photoshop like me. I recommended Crello to my aspiring designer friends. Keep it up Crello!

Pros

It is easy to use and with a lot of templates that you can choose from. It features a lot of designs that can be used in different social media platforms.

Cons

There are still things that are quite limited like making adjustments on the files but nevertheless everything else is superb!

Mohamed A.

One of the most amazing tools I've ever used

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

Pros

So simple with quality templates, we can call it the day saver designing tool

Cons

need work spaces for my team so they can work on a specific brands or projects

Gururaj M.

The best platform in market for digital marketers

Reviewed on 11/4/2019

Crello helps me to save my valuable time by enabling me to design creatives quickly. Their premade templates are masterpiece and no other platforms give us such a great features.

Pros

1. Easy to use interface
2. Plenty of readymade designs to choose from
3. Special appreciation for the "Text" section that gives lot of premade text layouts
4. Value for money
5. Crello's animated post and Instagram video story are a great advantage.

Cons

Need to consider giving event specific ready made designs even for Indian events/festivals.