CAP Retail Point of Sale

Complete Point of Sale Solution to Streamline Your Business

4.6 /5 (96 reviews) Write a Review!

Carol D.

Wonderful Step By Step Guidance

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] , our delightful Customer Success Manager, has been by our side since day one helping us get our new POS system up and running. We have found the software rather intuitive and easy to use so far.

Cons

Right now I am having a difficult time getting data I need from the Reports. This may be due to my inexperience with the new system.

Response from POS Nation

Carol,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with your Customer Success Manager, and that he represented POS Nation well. We look forward to working with you again soon! Please reach out to us if you would like additional training in regards to the reports at [email protected]

Justin S.
  • Industry: Furniture

Amazing Product!!

Reviewed on 10/2/2020

This system and the staff have been extremely beneficial to our business, here in Canada. They helped through the purchasing, setting up, and operation of the system without rushing me and only stopping after I was satisfied. Before POS Nation, we were using an old analog cash register that only had new items and used items as categories (the only new items we carry are mattresses), leaving no information as to what we sell in what quantities or values. Now, we can see how many of what we sell and when. This is very important to us and will be a very good aid for as to what donations we will be seeking more or less of.

Pros

The system's best feature is its customizability. Being a used furniture store that also deals with antiques, appliances, collectibles, tools, and pretty much everything except for clothing, we needed a system that we could adjust on the go since our inventory is always changing. We've been using this system for about 3 months now and even today, I'm still making adjustments multiple times a week. My volunteers caught on to its use very quickly, even considering the changes that I keep making to it.

Cons

The two things that I don't like is the inability to remove payment options buttons, such as EBT or Gift Card, as we don't use those methods and I would like to have a 3rd column of TS Lookup. The first on the left brings up the three on the right. I wish it could do sub-categories. For example, if we sell a mattress I'd like another row to pop up and ask if it's new or used and the third to then ask which size, material, etc.

Response from POS Nation

We appreciate your feedback, Justin. Thanks for being a POS Nation customer!

Carly H.

By Far Best Customer Support

Reviewed on 15/3/2019

I did months & months of research on many (20+) different POS systems before deciding to finally make the switch to POS Nation (CRE). We have used 4 other systems in the past 37 years and I can already tell you POS Nation FAR exceeds any customer service and technical support we have ever received. It was a rocky transition (as expected) but support team and many others at POS Nation were extremely patient & supportive throughout the entire transition. If you are in need of a new POS system, I highly recommend considering POS Nation.

Pros

Customer & technical support have been top notch. We are a business that has used about 8 different POS companies over the last 37 years & have worked with numerous "support" staff from each company. Although we anticipated a rough transition period (as it turned out to be), the staff at POS Nation was there every step of the way. Specifically, customer support were all extremely patient & supportive throughout the month+ long transition.

Cons

A lot of the reports that are available are completely useless, whereas some reports that you would think are completely necessary for a POS system are not available... the most difficulty we have with the lack of reports involves Customer reports. One other CON to CRE is the Quickbooks Sales Pass. It is not as seamless as one would think when you are told it is "fully integrated with Quickbooks."

Shiv M.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] WORKED WITH ME TODAY

Reviewed on 5/11/2020

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] TOOK HIS TIME AND ADDRESSED ALL ISSUES I HAD ON MY 4 STATIONS. LUCKILY HE WAS ABLE TO CORRECT ISSUES THAT WAS CAUSING MY SYSTEMS TO CRASH. HE WAS VERY PLEASANT AND TOOK TIME TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO ME. HE WAS VERY HELPFUL AND IF NEED BE I WOULD LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH HIM AGAIN...OTHER REPS SHOULD FOLLOW PATTERN..THANKS

Cons

SOMETIMES IT CRASHES....SOME AGENTS LEAVE ME WITH A BACKUP FROM 2017 WHICH IS CONSIDERED CRAZY BECAUSE WE ARE IN 2020...

Response from POS Nation

Shiv,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our technical support team. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! Also, if the POS System does crash again, please be sure to either call our technical support team or email us at [email protected] so that we can get this addressed as soon as possible. Thank you and we greatly appreciate your business.

Kevin H.

POS Nation/Cash Register Express

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

POS Nation and Agents have been amazing to the best of their ability.

Pros

Ease of ability to upload previous POS data into it.
Ease of daily use.

Cons

What i would consider to be simple items to fix often cannot be fixed.
Time Clock is not supported for QuickBooks upload.

Response from POS Nation

Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us a review! We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your experience with our team, and that we have represented POS Nation well. We look forward to working with you again soon!

Jane S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great Software and Even Better Company

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Excellent. The team is very easy to work with and actually cares about our business.

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to use. Our Customer Success Manager helped us with onboarding and training, and we were up and running in a matter of days. The software helps us track inventory and issue purchase orders to our vendors. Overall, it's helped us tremendously with running our business.

Cons

Nothing really. If I had to say anything, some of the buttons are a little small.

Response from POS Nation

Jane,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our software and someone within our Customer Success team. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to write us a review!

Daniel M.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Simple POS system

Reviewed on 6/11/2020

Pros

It does a lot for the money. It has been easy for our store clerks to learn and use. They provide good support for a great reasonable monthly price.

Cons

Don't really have anything for what i least like.

Response from POS Nation

Daniel,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our POS System and our technical support. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We are also happy to hear that it has been easy for your store clerks to learn and use! We greatly appreciate your business.

Jay H.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great product thus far, Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

Wonderful customer service and support, good value for the money.

Pros

Easy to use software, durable design, only had 2 issues with it in the first full year of use, both were resolved by restarting the system which only took 5 minutes.

Cons

I wish the screen would include an Anti-glare feature as it is used in our Garden center and is always exposed to sun.

Response from POS Nation

We're glad you're enjoying your system, Jay! Thanks for the review.

Eric H.
  • Industry: Music
  • Used Other for 2+ years

POS Nation Ain't No POS

Reviewed on 8/7/2020

We used POS Nation to sell several issues of the magazine from different locations. Paired well with our laptops and made selling very convenient.

Pros

POS nation is a truly complete point of sale system that is super intuitive. A benefit for beginning users to learn the ropes for retail/customer service cash handling.

Cons

After the initial trial period it's rather expensive; costing over $60 a month. With free programs available, that provide the basics, it makes POS Nation a luxury program instead of a necessity.

Response from POS Nation

Hi Eric,
We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your point of sale solution, and we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for being a valued POS Nation customer!

Emily W.

Easy setup and great support

Reviewed on 11/3/2020

Pros

Easy to use software and very helpful staff

Cons

Reporting could be customized further to include or remove information needed or unneeded

Response from POS Nation

Thank you for the review, Emily! We appreciate having you as a customer.

Tony M.

Great System for a Liquor Store!!

Reviewed on 15/3/2019

As mentioned above, getting the Iowa bottle deposit figured out was great. The Tech Support was great to work with. The POS system has a lot of great features that will be helpful in the future. I would recommend this system to any large or small retail business.

Pros

Has everything for my needs as a small Wholesale/Retail liquor store. It has a lot more than I need now but it will come in handy later.

Cons

Tech Support was great in helping figure out a way to get the Iowa bottle deposit configured as a tag along item. Works very good.

Ron B.
  • Industry: Food Production

10 of 10

Reviewed on 12/3/2019

Their software and CS is excellent. No problems!

Pros

Everything (really!) I can't think of anything that is not in their software.

Cons

I believe you have to use their PC hardware.

Jeramie C.

Awesome product

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

Pros

Everything about it. Specially customer sevice. Ease at using

Cons

None. Can’t think of anything as I haven’t used it for a long time

Response from POS Nation

Jeramie,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our company and our customer service! We pride ourselves on service that our our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business.

Hanady M.

Simplicity

Satisfied

Pros

User friendly, handles a larger volume of inventory.

Cons

Glitches on inventory count. Case sensitive therefore will cause count to be off

Rhonda C.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

More User Friendly

Reviewed on 12/3/2019

I am a new hire with a company that already had POS in place for use. I could find no handbook or user guide for system, as I was not familiar with it. Tried to run report for sales tax and it took me 2 days to figure out if I was doing it correct. Just not as user friendly as I would like or could be that I was not taught the system.

Pros

I have not used enough to say I like the software

Cons

No instruction on use of POS system. Could not get it to run financial statement for end of month

• Industry: Restaurants

Life made easier

Reviewed on 15/1/2019

This system has benefited us so much at McDonals, because it helps keeps us organized and up to date with everything that we may need help with or inventory on. It also makes it a lot easy for our crew too.

Pros

The most that I like about this software is that I am able to manage everything on this system at McDonald's. I can check times, check products and look at all the orders that had came through that day. Also with this system you are able to do schedules and make sure that the inventory is put in. With this system you can do just about anything even knowing the total sales for that day and month. This system helps keep everything together.

Cons

The only thing that I did not like was the fact that sometimes when I was trying to do an order, it automatically started rebooting itself and doing an update. It did not happen too often.

Vivian W.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

sPORTING GOODS

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Love it

Pros

The point of sale is easy to use. Reports are great..

Cons

It kicks you out often but you can get rite back in. The inventory is complicated way to many steps

Response from POS Nation

Vivian,

Reviews like this really make our team proud. We are happy to hear that the reports are great for your business. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer!

Jennifer A.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

I could not have asked for a better system and company!

Reviewed on 27/12/2019

My overall experience with POS nation is probably one of the best experiences I’ve had with another company. From day 1 everyone that I have spoke with at that company has done nothing but go above and beyond to help in any way they possibly can with anything that I needed. Their customer service skills were amazing. And that’s very hard to find these days. Every employee that I spoke with was not only extremely nice and amazing and helped with anything that i needed but you could tell that they all worked for a great company and took great pride in the company that they worked for. Which is also very rare these days. I have nothing but amazing compliments for this company! From the bottom to the top! I’m so impressed with

Pros

What I liked most about this software was pretty much everything. From the price, the free installation, the iCloud monthly service, the 24/7 help line, and the overall easiness of the system. Everything was customized for the products we sell. If there wasn’t a barcode, you could easily make your own button for the product. The ID option is amazing, it helps the employees on checking IDs for the sale of beer and cigarettes. The time clock for clocking in and out is very helpful as well. Along with the end of day report and all the statistics that it helps break down.

Cons

Your system is amazing and truly the only con I could actually think about would be to have a bigger font option on the screen or bigger square options on the main screen.

Response from POS Nation

Thank you for your in-depth review, Jennifer! We appreciate your feedback.

Mark C.

Point of Sale Experience

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

Overall experience has been great with the system and support. We can always count on support when we need them most.

Pros

Inventory reporting is the most helpful enabling our staff to track the least sold to most sold items to stay on top of what our daily customers are wanting.

Cons

Some configuration settings may need to be selected repeatedly in order to save or be enabled but this is not always the case as a minor annoyance.

Response from POS Nation

Mark,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our technical support and our inventory reporting. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business.

Bill H.
  • Industry: Information Services

Tech Support

Reviewed on 5/11/2020

Pros

Price Point of features/cost benefit. Seems to be a very good point of sale.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Tech support is outstanding. He really helped us out with very pin pointed customized features that the customer uses and likes.

Cons

Nothing so much to dislike. It has a lot of the features in a canned product that we can use on a daily basis to run the operation

Response from POS Nation

Bill,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with a member on our support staff, and that he represented POS Nation well. We are also happy to hear that you enjoy all the features and functionalities of the POS System. We look forward to working with you again soon!

Andrea H.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Post systems review

Reviewed on 22/12/2018

Overall it's a perfect product! It got the job done in an easy and effective manner. Highly, highly recommend!

Pros

I love this software!!! The best pos system I've ever used. It's so easy to process orders and manage sales.

Cons

I did not have any issues using this product. It was perfect for my business

• Industry: Restaurants

So helpful

Reviewed on 8/1/2020

Very good. I've used other softwares and they generally have not held up as well as POS.

Pros

We used this software daily when I was working in restaurants. It made it so easy to log in customers' items, print off receipts, and pay the bills.

Cons

We had issues with it crashing occasionally, but that might have been our own servers and not necessarily the software's fault.

Response from POS Nation

We're happy to hear you're enjoying your system! Thanks for the review.

Kim M.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

My Review

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

The CAP support team are excellent. They are very knowledgeable and willing to assist with every problem that arises.

Pros

I have only been using the POS systems daily for the past 3 1/2 months. Prior to this I used is occasionally when I filled in for a co-worker. I find the Hot Keys to be very beneficial. Also, most of the reports are pretty easy to generate and understand.

Cons

Still learning all the features of the software.

Response from POS Nation

Kim,

Reviews like this really make our team proud. We are so happy to hear that you have found the Hot Keys feature to be very beneficial for you. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer!

Scott L.

review

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

fantastic

Pros

ease of use...comprehensive...detailed...

Cons

everything is perfect no negative issues very happy

Response from POS Nation

Scott,

Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time to share your feedback of our company! We greatly appreciate you and your business.

Greg B.
  • Industry: Automotive

NEW SYSTEM

Reviewed on 6/3/2020

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] AND THE TEAM OF TECHS ARE EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGEABLE. IT WOULD BE NICE IF THEY WOULD SHOW ME WHAT TO DO INSTEAD OF LOGGING IN TO MY SYSTEM AND DOING IT FOR ME.

Pros

THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SYSTEM IS NICE.

Cons

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HAVE DAILY EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS WHEN STOCK ITEMS HIT ZERO. THIS IS CRUCIAL TO ANY BUSINESS I WOULD THINK.

Response from POS Nation

We're happy you're enjoying the system's functionality, Greg. Thank you for the feedback!