Passportal

Encrypted cloud-based, automated password protection

4.3/5
4.2/5
4.2/5
4.4/5

87 Software options

Kevin K.

Passportal gets a pass

Reviewed on 27/1/2020

We have solved our password management needs and documentation for clients in one spot and hope to solve more once we optimize the use of the system more.

Pros

I like how many features are combined in one solution from password management to documentation to offering portals to employees and clients easily.

Cons

The organization method of the system is not very logical. I do not like how you have to create a vendor and then a contact and that the vendor list is pretty much global and not specific to company. Also the agent on the servers do not seem to work correctly and we still do not see them functioning as they should. After contacting support we have decided to table fixing this since no one is in need of it at this time. I also do not like the addon in the browser it autofills 2FA and creates login issues instead of seamless logins.

Reasons for Switching to Passportal

We chose passportal because it seemed to be more feature rich with greater value.
Tom S.

Enterprise password management

Reviewed on 19/2/2020

Very please with the solution, it makes it easier and more secure to login to multiple customer environments.

Pros

I was involved in choosing this solution for our organisation and chose passportal because it is the only true enterprise password management solution on the market. I like that you can organize your credentials by company, that there is a plugin for connectwise control, and that you have the option to share the credentials with the customer themselves.

Cons

There is no way to permanently delete something as a user, you have to get in touch with support to do this. This is essential for GDPR

LastPass

Reasons for Switching to Passportal

Because it is the only solution that truly offered password management for an MSP
Eddie P.

Using passportal with 500 end users

Reviewed on 26/7/2019

Pros

The great thing about this software is that it seems pretty intuitive, I like the import feature for the passwords it works really really well. It has two factor authentication of course which is a requirement. lastly the windows sink although it took a bit of time to figure out exactly how it worked is extremely nice.

Cons

when we first reviewed this software it looked like the search feature was extremely powerful however after using it for a while it isn't as powerful as I'd like. Secondly there's no way to move items around so if I create an item in one folder I can't move it to the other without doing it one by one there's no mass feature there's also no document import feature which would be nice that being said importing or rather copying and pasting from word or even from a website works extremely well

Reasons for Switching to Passportal

I like the simplicity of the price, I like the password sync utility and the support / sales people seem to really really great
Jason C.

Clarity review

Reviewed on 20/8/2019

Passportal has been an easy tool for our team to use and has forced us to better manage passwords we use for our tools and access to our customer environments. Its another tool to help us improve the security we need for our client environments.

Pros

Software is easy to use and provides an audit trail for password activity. Integration with Automate is an valuable feature for our use of the tool.

Cons

Would like to see configurations between ConnectWise Manage and Passportal so that we don't have to copy information to Passportal.

LastPass

Reasons for Switching to Passportal

A focus on the MSP space and ability to add customer password management.
Austin F.

Excitement for future features.

Reviewed on 25/7/2019

Working with Passportal has been quite positive. The application is fairly intuitive and theirs always someone willing to help.

Pros

Passportal makes managing passwords for hundreds of clients simple.

If a question arises, phone support is rarely longer than a 15 minute wait. Support staff is always courteous and wanting to help find the answer best suited for the scenario.

Cons

Features could be more fleshed out such as setting default properties for folders, but this is only a temporary issue since we’ve been informe by Passportal that this will someday roll out to customers.

Darcy D.

Must-have tool

Reviewed on 25/7/2019

Pros

The functionality of the product is fantastic, many great features are available right from the browser plugin without having to log into the web portal

Cons

There are a few company-wide reporting features that are noticeably lacking.

Troy H.

Great little password tool

Reviewed on 25/7/2019

Positive, makes password management fairly easy.

Pros

Our company started using passportal this last year, and it is much more user friendly than alternatives we have tried. Highly recommended!

Cons

Browser extension at time was not great, however the company has released a new one that works great.

Monika L.

Inspire Digital feedback

Reviewed on 26/7/2019

There was no way to contact Passportal providers before. I am hoping this will be omproved as I have worked pretty much blind with that for past 6 months.

Pros

The search bar!
Ease in password inputting and folder creation.

Cons

I am the one who set it up, the settings do not adhere to permission, the wording is different therefore it is extremely hard to set it up with accurate access. Also there are 3 thresholds of settings and all must be compatible to work accurately. The access, the used and the permission.

Kym B.

Better than IT Glue

Reviewed on 26/9/2019

My documentation for clients is so much easier to access and the runbooks feature gives you a nice readable document to hand over should the need arise. I usually update my runbooks and archive them for those "Just in case" moments.

Pros

It is very easy to use, the browser plug-ins make password entry a breeze and integration with other tools such as Connectwise Control (ScreenConnect) and TakeControl is fantastic

Cons

Sometimes the Chrome browser plugin will do strange things, but only if you have A LOT of tabs open (I think more of a Chrome issue than PP)

Tom G.

Satisfied with PassPortal

Reviewed on 25/7/2019

Pros

The password management and documentation portion of this product is fantastic. It has have a very positive impact on our organization. Allows our technicians to access the data they need in a quick fashion which ultimately provides our clients with a better experience.

Cons

The customer documentation portion. As an organization we have

Todd F.

Passportal is a winner

Reviewed on 20/8/2019

we use it to store our passwords and with the integration with automate we use it all the time when logging into our clients servers and machines

Pros

It was easy to setup and migrate our passwords into the software, It's secure and it was integrated with connectwise automate.

Cons

I haven't found any yet, I feel that the software does what it was intended for .

Dan N.

Better than advertised

Reviewed on 20/8/2019

This is a great tool and well worth the cost just to help our team. The fact that we offer it to clients and help them with a password management application is icing on the cake.

Pros

I think the software had more functionality and features than we expected. The documentation and Active Directory integration are a real bonus for our team.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say.

Lachlan B.

Reviewed on 26/7/2019

Pros

Simplicity, and ease of use for all team members.

Cons

Some issues with Browser add-ons and lacking some integrations that are on the road map.

James M.

Passportal

Reviewed on 25/9/2019

It’s been a timesaver. All the information we need is in one place.

Pros

Easy to use. It makes finding information easy.
Links objects

Cons

Only thing missing is notification for renewal of subscriptions and warranties

Cory S.

Good Product

Reviewed on 2/10/2019

Over all have been a good product for passwords but Docs is lacking some ideal features. Once those are implemented will be a great tool.

Pros

Ease of use and integration into Connetwise Control.

Cons

Slowness in releasing features and or fixing issues. This seems to have improved since the buyout but still slower than many companies.

Vincent B.

Solarwinds Passportal Review

Reviewed on 11/9/2020

Overall, the product for the most part works but when there is an issue it is hard to trouble shoot without support.

Pros

I like that I do not have to remember passwords and can auto load passwords for different machines. This way I do not have to memorize complicated passwords but still able to use a complex password for security purposes.

Cons

Sometimes the auto fill does not work and does not provide an error. I have confirmed the password is correct by manually typing in the password.

Jordan T.

Great Service

Reviewed on 25/9/2019

Pros

It’s a great way to manage all of our client information in an organized manner.

Cons

Navigating through some menus is a bit cumbersome while learning it.

Bill M.
  • Used for Free Trial

It is OK

Reviewed on 26/9/2019

Pros

Easy of use of the product when saving passwords

Cons

Cost of the product since no one likes to pay for software

Tim G.

Great Product

Reviewed on 25/7/2019

Using Passportal has enhanced our ability to keep client passwords secure. Since there is documentation as well we are able to keep almost all of our information in Passportal making information more easily accessible.
The ability to use Passportal with Screenconnect has been an added bonus as it makes logging into systems much quicker than before.

Pros

The website is very easy to use. The plugins for ScreenConnect and Microsoft Edge work very well and make me and my team more efficient.
The password sync with servers has helped a lot with user support.

Cons

The plugin for Firefox doesn't work very well. The app on the iPhone only has access to passwords and none of the documentation.
At times the server password sync can be buggy but it is easily fixed with a reinstall of the software.
The customization of the documentation is a little lacking but not too bad.

Reasons for Switching to Passportal

Price. Passportal is priced right. I do not feel over charged at all.
Ronald B.

Fairly new, but very technical user

Reviewed on 7/10/2019

We were LastPass users for 5 years. Passportal is definitely an upgrade.
However, LastPass' extensions seem to be more mature and compatible.

Pros

- Very well thought out and robust feature set
- Portal layout
- Global search with options
- AD integration

Cons

- Browser extension incompatible with Duo 2FA for certain sites
- Organization key requirement. It resets on its own and I don't like storing it somewhere else
- Passportal extension doesn't always prompt to add new sites, and clumsy when it does. If you accidentally click off the extension without saving, you lose anything already typed.

Ollie P.

General

Reviewed on 27/9/2019

Good

Pros

Nice looking, good integrations for current software

Cons

Every time you choose another entry the page refreshes!

Secret Server Password Manager

Reasons for Switching to Passportal

Price and integration into current systems
Daniel S.

Works well, but the integration could use a little help

Reviewed on 26/9/2019

Pros

Password tracking
Password rotation for AD accounts
Audit log

Cons

The integration with CW is one way. And only allows you to import the most basic fields from CW manage. All notes are left behind as are custom configuration questions.

Reasons for Switching to Passportal

Fair pricing for the features. No contract.
Vera G.

keep track of passwords securely

Reviewed on 6/4/2021

nice to be able to store passwords securely and everyone who needs access can have access and retrieve passwords as needed. Makes the job much easier.

Pros

easy to use, setup and store passwords. Multiple users can access and update as needed. Can randomly generate new passwords so that they meet complexity requirements.

Cons

Having to login to passportal constantly (timeout feature is set too low for our needs and I find myself having to re-enter my password.

Matt S.

Cloud 9 IT review

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

My overall experience was very good, I could access my information from anywhere and it was easy to use

Pros

I liked the layout and the amount of information I could store in Passportal

Cons

The thing I liked least about the software was the support, not very helpful at times

Reasons for Choosing Passportal

I made thew switch to passportal Canada over to Passportal (AU) since I never wanted to pay for two licenses and I wanted to be billed in AUD

Passportal was cheaper than IT Glue
Amanda S.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Helps keep brain drain down.

Reviewed on 28/9/2019

makes my day to day of keeping the documents updated and ready for when they are needed easier.

Pros

All in one storage of docs, and secure passwords. The fact that passwords are there for the team as they need them but are secured is great.

Cons

the same thing I love, the security to log in and the time out.

Reasons for Switching to Passportal

the boss made the call due to security and customer service by the Passportal team.