ESET Endpoint Security

Network security, network monitoring & endpoint protection

4.7 /5 (748 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.5
4.6
4.5
4.4
Craig F.
Industry: Telecommunications

Eset for centralized antimalware management

Reviewed on 21/1/2021

It does a great job of catching malware. Occasionally we will have a problem with security updates in Outlook. This can cause the Outlook plugin to not start.

Pros

It provide a centralized management system for anti-malware. It is easy to use and does a great job catching web and email malware.

Cons

The initial installation was a little time consuming. I need to reach out to support to get help with the base profiles. Evidently this was common, they emailed me a set already configured.

Behzod A.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

ESET one of the most trusted names in computer security

Reviewed on 5/4/2019

Truly install and forget about it type of product. Highly recommend it.

Pros

I am long time user of ESET products and its Endpoint Security computer security service. I started using ESET in 2006 and since then I am loyal customer of the company. The advantages of this software can be summarized as follows:

1) ESET always tops the computer security tests conducted by independent, third party testing companies (eg. AV Comparatives) that test various well-known antivirus products.

2) No matter whether you are using powerful gaming computer or slow, old laptop -- ESET utilizes minimum CPU. Hence, ESET provides excellent all in one protection at minimal CPU usage.

3) ESET has very user friendly interface for novice users. But at the same time ESET has separate menu with full set of features for expert users.

4) Overall license cost is not expensive. Usually there are several sales throughout the year that make the deal even sweeter.

5) Product offers full security tools including firewall, antivirus, spam protection, anti-theft protection that smoothly integrates with the operating system and require minimal user intervention.

6) ESET has very friendly customer care team of experts that are available 24/7.

Cons

I never experienced problems with ESET products. Always recommend it to friends and colleagues.

Industry: Retail

Awesome antivirus software!

Reviewed on 29/1/2019

Positive!

Pros

So many pros but I'll try to keep it concise.

- First, of course, the security and malware detection is solid, thorough and stays up-to-date.

- The user interface is second to none, I've used lots of different antivirus both personally and professionally and none of them hold a candle to how well thought out the interface Eset has. It's very intuitive, not too overwhelming and easy to navigate.

- Installation was a piece of cake, I was able to purchase the software from the website and install with no problem at all.

-It's not bloated with features I do not want and therefore does not negatively impact my systems performance.

-Secured browser gives me additional security when I'm in my online bank account.

-They offer a package that can include protection for your mobile devices as well!

- Price is fair

Cons

I honestly cant think of any cons that I have experienced with this software. I've been using it for over 5 years and recommend it to everyone.

Mike W.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

My experience has been, in a word, flawless. ESET sets the gold standard for professional software.

Reviewed on 17/4/2018

Bulletproof security, ease of install, and knowing my customers can't do bad with it, they just have to let it do its' thing and it will keep them safe and protected, no matter what kind of knuckleheaded they pull online.

Pros

What I love is the unobtrusive nature. It sits quietly in the background, protecting you with bulletproof safety and reliability. It doesn't annoy, it doesn't brag, and it takes the guesswork and decision making out of the end users hands and just DOES ITS' JOB. Period. It's an easy install, it's easy renewal, and it's easy maintenance. I couldn't ask for more for me and for my customers.

Cons

I'd like a stronger reseller network on the back end. I've sold probably over 500 licenses of NOD32, Endpoint, and other ESET products within the last year. I keep bringing customer after customer after customer to you and basically get nothing for it. I love the software so I'll keep doing it, no word of a lie, but a little gratitude would be nice for all the work and promotion I do for ESET

Industry: Medical Practice

ESET endpoint security- better protection & better solution

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

Highly recommended for those who are struggling with low-end PCs and its a solution for everyone with a decent deal price when compared to other expensive virus guards.

Pros

I’m using ESET on my personal laptop since 2015 and still I don’t have any threatens for my files. I can summarize what are the pro features I really enjoying in ESET in below list,
1. It is pretty simple and it doesn’t notify annoying things like other virus guards.
2. It doesn’t consume so much RAM consumption and still doing a pretty decent job for my low-performance CPU.
3. Anti-theft future from ESET is useful.
4. Doing a great job for Internet browsing and always aware of all kinds of threatens.
5. The virus database updates are frequent and we can customer service availability is 24/7.

Cons

Honestly I don’t have any negative thoughts of ESET because it’s doing a great job for me for over five years. I hope more security upgrades will out in future.

Taniya M.
Industry: Financial Services

General Use Review

Reviewed on 29/8/2019

Great. I would recommend to other businesses. Helps you feel safe when visiting various websites.

Pros

The protection the software offers is great. Notifies you when updates are ready and runs tests manually for you.

Cons

There are times when you have to run checks on your system manually when its running slow or you think something is wrong and this takes a lot of time.

Daryl J.

ESET End Point Security and File Security is the best AV we have used

Reviewed on 19/2/2019

Stopping malicious emails / files / websites before they infect the machines and cause a problem.

Pros

We have deployed this software to over 2000 endpoints via the Enterprise Management console across Windows / Mac / Workstations / Servers and more. We have used many different AntiVirus software's over the years and find this to be the best.

Stops more virus attachments and malicious emails than the alternatives.
Lightweight for performance once installed.
Version 6+ has 2 part install with an agent piece giving remote actions from the Admin console.
Admin console allows for great nested / hierarchical policy to allow granular refinement.

Cons

No complaints about the software at this time working great. I do with the initial install file was smaller for remote deployment but otherwise once installed it is the best.

Paul S.

Love this anti-virus

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

Pros

Lightweight business anti-virus that won't slow you down and doesn't give you a hassle. Has a very high detection rate in real world use, and I do not think I have ever had a false positive.

Cons

The remote administrator product is a bit too complex for small business, I really wish they would have a "lite" version that just has the following features, a single template pushed to all clients, you could even re-use the "advanced configuration" screen. Notification of clients last check in time and when they were up to date. And the ability to be a caching server for the updates and to remote push the program updates. The myriad of tasks and policy configurations and the myriad of warning/notifications in the full remote administrator product just make it not very useful for 10 person or less companies.

James H.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Non-intrusive, high performance Anti-Virus

Reviewed on 9/2/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I've been using Eset Antivirus in one form or another for 10 years and I've never seen a reason to switch. Our business has 10 PC licenses plus a server license and mobile licenses. I also use Eset on all of my personal devices.

Pros

Eset is a high performing anti-virus suite that doesn't slow performance. It runs in the background and you barely know it's there unless there's a threat. It has a simple mode for most users, and very advanced settings for power users. If using for business, you can control the settings on all clients from a remote terminal, and the licenses are very cost effective.

Cons

As with all anti-virus software, settings are important! If you go into the advanced settings and tell Eset to alert you at every possible instance, you'll end up with more nag windows than you want. Apply settings that are a good fit and you'll be happy.

Andrei V.

best by far

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

Pros

if you want to have antivirus protection, but don't want to hear your laptop coolers as it's taking off like an airplane, this is the product to go with :)

Cons

nothing much to say here, worked better than expected

Amber L.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Very effective

Reviewed on 6/1/2020

Pros

What I like most is how quick and effective the scan is. It does a very deep scan of your laptop or computer.

Cons

What I disliked about the ESET is how long the program takes to start up.

Vaidas C.

Fast, small, uses very little computer resources. Works seamlessly (does not slow down your computer

Reviewed on 6/9/2017

Pros

I am computer technican. Sometimes I see and can touch antivirus software from other vendors: Kaspersky, Symantec, McAfee, Bitdefender, AVG, Avast, etc. None of them can match ESET's speed, fast response, and completely invisible use of resources. Works well on very old computers with "Windows XP".
Also, the ESET Remote Administrator console is a must have for the network administrator. It is a user-friendly, clear, and intuitive product that allows you to manage ESET on all your company computers and phones.

Cons

Latest version of ESET Remote Administrator is like a spacecraft: large and unfocused. For a small company (up to 100 computers), such a clue is a waste of resources.

Namila G.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

secure your every thing form digital world

Reviewed on 19/9/2019

I live with this over 2 years and I hope to buy another year the end of this license.

Pros

this is a great product. it helps me to secure my computer from the internet and downloads.i purchase ESET internet security.is has secure payment option.

Cons

daily update. bytheway there is a live secure option on this that helps me to prevent from the latest viruses.

Robbie F.
Industry: Computer Software

Excellent product: lightweight, doesn't slow down systems.

Reviewed on 17/4/2018

I'm a Linux user, so I'm used to being "safer" in my day-to-day usage. When I do use Windows though, I want that same feeling of security, and ESET Endpoint Security provides that... Windows Defender does not.

Pros

Lightweight, doesn't slow down my computer, yet provides exceptional protection. I especially appreciate the proactive nature of the firewall and how it warns me when I've downloaded something that is potentially dangerous.

Cons

Would be nice if the firewall would provide a notice about Learning Mode (which is a GREAT feature) so they know about it if it blocks their software. This would avoid some users turning off their firewall when something important gets blocked.

Henry L.
Industry: Construction

Switched from Norton and Never Looked Back.

Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

In our HVAC and Plumbing industry, we switched from a business Norton Antivirus product to ESET and couldn't be happier. It's been at least a couple years since that decision. The major pros include the system not feeling sluggish; the interface is easy to navigate and intuitive; and our computers have been virus and attack free.

Cons

I've seen some negative reviews floating around on the internet--as with any product--but in my experience. We haven't noticed anything big, or at least big enough to recall and write about. So mileage may vary, but I have no complaints.

Paul A.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

I've been using ESET since day 1 and have had no reason to use another AV/firewall

Reviewed on 17/4/2018

Peace of mind, security, and good for the wallet.

Pros

To me the most effective part of ESET is that you forget it's even installed, until you need it. Then when it pops up an alert to tell you there is a problem, the description of the problem is very clear. I use ESET on all the PCs and laptops in my home, I trust no other. Run ESET along with Malwarebytes Pro and you have a 100% secure system.

Cons

None right now. There was an issue a while back where a bug in the code kept turning off a background feature, and boot would put you at risk, but they cleared that up pretty quickly.

Kevin D.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

The customer service is great when I have had some issues configuring in the past.

Reviewed on 18/4/2018

Ease of use and I feel good about the protection it provides our PCs and servers.

Pros

Version 6.6 is very easy and mostly fast install! The management console is also very easy to use and create "jobs" that can be run over and over to update software etc.

Cons

Sometimes the push installs just don't work, and it takes more time to trouble shoot than it should. We end up using the stand alone installer then.

We did get a ransomware virus on one of our laptops running ESET about 2 years ago. I still haven't figured out how to get alerted via email when there are new versions of software.

Eric W.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Good protection at a good price

Reviewed on 13/3/2018

ESET gave us an added layer of protection and piece of mind.

Pros

Remote administration is a great offering to manage the endpoint security and heps give piece of mind and analytics on where you may have issues.

Cons

Remote administration can be complicated to manage and does not give me the confidence the settings configured actually got deployed. additional VMS such as shared local cache and vagent host are complex to implement. The solution overall uses signature based detection instead of heuristics or next gen detection practices.

Paul Z.

Invisible, but detects everything

Reviewed on 12/8/2019

Daily it helps to screen the traffic from and to my workstation and in some cases to block a website that is listed or has crap on it.
Thanks ESET!

Pros

Lightweight scanner and detects all the threats I throw at :-)
I also like the way that they invest time in research and are making tools available for rootkit detection and ransomware fixup tools!

Cons

Not sure if you can call this a CON, because it might be a PRO for someone else : it has to many options.
I only want to see the threats stopped, in general the software is very simple to setup.

Emily G.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Eset security review

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

Our clinic loves this software and its always been reliable and trustworthy.

Pros

Eset is used in our walk in clinics, which contains highly sensitive information, and we have never had an issue once downloading ESET Endpoint security to ensure that patients information says confidential. We like that there are automatic updates with the system, and it will let us know if anything is not secure by a popup on the right side of the screen.

Cons

Typically, we let our IT department deal with the settings for the security programming. It would be nice if it was slightly more user friendly for people that are not tech-saavy.

Joseph L.

Years of Great AV

Reviewed on 22/11/2018

We have had to use a different AV for our VDI environment and have gone through a handful of solutions. ESET’s newest version (7 at the time of writing) introduces a VDI ready agent that we look forward to trying.

Pros

We've been using ESET for years and they are always staying update to date and evolving their product while still providing same Core AV that is both reliable and easy to manage.

Cons

We have had some problems migrating when they release major releases, but their support is pretty helpful and timely.

John E.
Industry: Performing Arts

Efficient security program

Reviewed on 5/9/2019

It's a security system you can install and forget about it, as it works automatically in the background and will only rise up when blocking a potential dangerous site.

Pros

ESET is reasonably priced, set up easily and used it for years with no issues. It identified some troublesome potential viruses when installed and quarantined them.

Cons

There was some minor trouble when renewing the license one year, but that was overcome. I can't remember exactly why I had a little trouble.

George V.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Great product.

Reviewed on 21/4/2018

Piece of mind my computer and data are protected.

Pros

Very easy to use. The software is not a resource hog at all. We usually use this antivirus software when one of our clients has an issue with viruses.

Cons

As I think and know the product is a great antivirus software I dont really think there are any cons with the product. If I had to name something I think the customer support and some the salespeople are not the greatest. Some need more training in customer service.

Industry: Education Management

I have ten computers for three years covered

Reviewed on 16/8/2018

This protects all of our reservation computers which process a lot of money. I've never had an issue with being hacked.

Pros

Has the ability to track updates and status of multiple computers at different locations from one dashboard. Purchased three-year plan which was cheaper and less hassle than renewing year after year.

Cons

It can be a little challenging to set up but once you get the process down it is manageable. I'm not an IT professional but was able to figure it out.

Vicky W.

One of the best anti software we have used

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Pros

The price is comparable and affordable, there is no hidden software that automatically downloads. Its stopped many of the common and not common viruses. It did not affect any of the programs or other softwares we had installed in 10 of our computers and a server.

Cons

You may need to adjust the security levels of settings on the program itself. Our IT guy did it for us as it initially interfered with our internet connection and their fire wall.