ESET Endpoint Security Reviews

4.7 (1,139)
Network security, network monitoring & endpoint protection

(1,139)
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.5/5
4.4/5

Zaza
Zaza

Reviewed on 12/5/2021

Overall I have good experience with eset. Very good server management. Very good installed software management. Very good logging.

Pros

Very easy to use, useful, fast, intuitive, hight speed

Cons

Sometimes fail to upgrade server side. Hard to implement user agents.

Trellix Endpoint Security

Very bad server side

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Best price. Very good server side. Good antivirus. Good user side. Low PC load.
ugwu
ugwu

Mainstream eset endpoint reviews

Reviewed on 24/12/2022

It's Being a good experience as sucurity of our database is important to our operations

Pros

It's easy to use and has a good user experience when navigating within its space

Cons

It collect database from it user's without promoting the user

Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

To compliment our safety of operations

Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

It's has strong shield base over others, and the navigation of its user is friendly

Response from ESET

We are happy to hear that ESET is your trusted security provider and that you appreciate it's support and value. Thank you for sharing your review.

• Industry: Photography
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

In experience, it is not a bad program, but it is very basic depending on the type of user that is addressed, for a home user it would be good but for business, something more robust would be needed.

Pros

This security system although it has many options is very easy to use, it is very friendly and for a user who has never used it you can use it easily, I could say that this type of security should be used more for people of home since For some company it is very basic, it may have different security options but it is not complete.

Cons

What I do not like is the cost, the cost of this application is too high for the options and security that it has, it can have different levels or options for security of different types for when protection is something very simple, at the company level that handles some sensitive information could cause problem, since the type of security as I mention it above is very basic, would be only for users of house, and for the price the users of house I would not accept it is very high.
They have an option for microsoft security that I do not see as a user.

Tércio
Tércio
  • Industry: Telecommunications

One of the best antivirus

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

I have been using Eset for over 3 years now and I've no complaints. It has many security features, such as network, email and spam protection. You can schedule scans as per your need, very flexible.
You can easily order a trial license so you can test it out.

Pros

Not so many false-positives, it offers a good variety of useful reports. The UI is clean and easy to follow, very intuitive.
Despite the extensive security features, it does not require too much configuration.

Cons

Fortunately, I've no complaints so far. I once had an issue with the license but it was quickly resolved by contacting the support team. There are cheaper options out there in the market, but it really worth its price for what it offers.

• Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

A good Endpoint Security Solution which is lesser known.

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Over all we were very satisfied with Eset Endpoint Security, it is great product for the price.

Pros

Eset Endpoint Security is a relatively light weight software in comparison to other market leading brands. it is quite robust and provides support to legacy operating systems which other solutions have stopped supporting.

Cons

Their Local partner support could improve a bit, other than that no issues were faced. I am very much satisfied with the solution.

Symantec Endpoint Security

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Relatively lower operating costs, being a light weight solution and support of legacy operating systems tilted our decision in favor of Eset Endpoint Security's.
Miguel
Miguel
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

ESET does the job and protects your endpoints but is not so friendly on large deployments

Reviewed on 5/5/2022

Good as for a A/V software, no issues on threats infecting any client, but no so good on the administration side, but it does the job and keeps the users protected.

Pros

Easy to use for the end user, it will protect the endpoints and detect any malware/virus to get your endpoint infected

Cons

The admin console is not so friendly, there is no way to have a cloud service and there fore cloud integration for a easy managment of local and remote users, the visibilty of the endpoints is not what i expected, think they will have a cloud management console on the near future.

Avast Ultimate Business Security

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Actually, first choosed ESET but after 2 years we switched to Avast which has a cloud managment console very easy to use
André
André
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Reliable and with a good viruses database

Reviewed on 9/11/2021

Very good experience, updated database, excelent real time protection, even against bots, ransomwares, I did not have any kind of security problem using this software.

Pros

The viruses database is one of the most complete and updated of the market, did not have any kind of problem using the real time protection, even on the most critical scenarios and new viruses.

Cons

The price compared with the other peers are not so good, and the deployment through a network is not so easy.

maria mercedes
maria mercedes
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Versatile protection for our computers

Reviewed on 26/2/2023

Eset does a fantastic job protecting our business, we have it in several computers, it blocked countless threats, viruses and attempts to enter our systems, without compromising the performance.

Pros

It amazes me, even not being a tech person, how well Eset works

Cons

Nothing really, I have no complains, it does what it promises and I think even better

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Sami Group of Companies IT Manager ESET Review

Reviewed on 30/9/2022

Am safe when i use eset because its security is true and completfully.

Am safe when i use eset because its security is true and completfully.

Pros

I like eset beacause its easy to use i like the way its block spam and malware.

Cons

I like when it block laa spam and malware.

Response from ESET

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review.

Daniel
Daniel

Lightest AV. Big Protection.

Reviewed on 14/8/2019

The biggest benefit was the encryption for my medical and accounting clients that they can encrypt files across flash drives and the NAS that can only be seen by other computers that have the same ESET encryption key. Taking Compliance To The Next Level.

Pros

The Software doesn't Slow Down ANY COMPUTER, but still has all the features. Also it has the best encryption features I have found. I think it is their best selling point that isn't talked about enough.

Cons

Setting it up for resell was really a pain in the butt.

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

For older computer there is nothing better than ESET Endpoint, but they have better encryption compared to everyone.
Mark

Solid endpoint solution for less

Reviewed on 28/9/2020

Excellent, since we have tested new products with additional new features but when we got it, we definitely felt it was the best out there.

Pros

When we were looking for new endpoint solution, we knew there is so many out there and they are all relatively pushy when talking to their sales people. We went through the normal process with Eset and found the pricing mixed with the easy to use reporting and alerting features were better than anything else we tried to that point, overall great decision and very happy with our choice when we moved over.

Cons

Honestly not a ton of dislikes here, everything did exactly what we hoped for it to do, so not much here.

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Got offered to potentially work with and use and the reporting and alerts features I really enjoyed the ease of overall use.

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

A mix of the great pricing and reporting and great conversations with the sales rep lead us to make that final decision.
Josh

Absolute top quality product & on par with business-grade Microsoft 365 Defender

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

Both our own company and our customers have been using the product for many years with very little problems. Microsoft have caught up now with their latest 365 Defender offerings, but I wouldn't necessarily choose one over the other in terms of performance. Deployment of the Microsoft product is more straight forward, so if ESET can improve in this area they will be on to a clear winner.

Pros

ESET doesn't hog system resources and idles seamlessly in the background. Definition updates are released very regularly and if any infections are found users are notified in a very clear manner.

Cons

The cloud management which can be attached to this software is poor in terms of user interface design, which makes it less appealing for companies looking to deploy it in this manner.

Response from ESET

Thank you for your loyalty to ESET, and for taking the time to share your thoughts on our product. We're glad to hear that you've been using ESET for years and that you find our software suite reliable. We constantly aim to improve our products and are happy to know that some specific features are normally added soon after.
Thank you again for choosing ESET as your security provider and we hope you'll continue to do so in the future.

Petwr

Best antivirus

Reviewed on 27/8/2022

Pros

I never got a virus in 23 years I used this software… love it

Cons

There is nothing I would say is bad about the software … easy too use ect ect .. they even have a 2 way authentication app to authenticate yourself on you server console

Response from ESET

Thank you for choosing ESET as your trusted security provider, and for taking the time to write such a glowing review. We're glad to hear that you've been using our products for 23 years and we really appreciate you being such a long-time and loyal customer. We look forward to many more years of serving you.

Wisani E

True Cyber Terminator

Reviewed on 22/10/2021

It started with my personal computer to business as selling partner to large organisation and the satisfaction was found amongst the clients I sold off the products.

Pros

I have move to ESET when we were have the virus called Recycler . The success I had against that virus I started to learn more about other ESET products and later became partner with them and sell these products to large companies and I have never heared them complaining meaning it gives peace of mind.

Cons

As like any other products they have their weakness and two identified weakness it makes computers slower and secondly some threats they cant be detected but other products detect such threats.

Edgar
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A software that really helps

Reviewed on 5/2/2022

ESET has definitely been a very useful tool for us. Its light client is really light, it does not affect the performance of the computers in a drastic or noticeable way, you do not have to worry that your computer is slow and you do not know if it is because OS updated or if it is the antivirus that makes it slow. With closed eyes I stay with ESET and I recommend it.

Pros

When you are a small company, many times, if not always, you force yourself to look for elements or things that work and that fit your budget and that really HELP you in your daily operation, that is why we usually search and try, search and try , and one day we found this tool: ESET. The big antivirus software developer houses already existed, they were the best known and at the same time the ones that established market prices, and surely for this reason, ESET, not having the recognition that those companies had, was not a tool that demanded a considerable budget (and I'm still talking about small companies, micro companies), so we gave ourselves the opportunity to get to know ESET.

Once we had already used antivirus from those prestigious brands, we knew what to expect from them and of course, thinking that it was what existed in the market, we had to assume that this is what had to be used, those heavy software that slowed down your computer, and you had to put up with it because we wanted to be protected and we trusted that those tools were protecting us.

I must confess that we knew about ESET through colleagues who also had the need to look for efficient, functional and safe tools, so we did the software test, the result: the perfect solution for our needs. And the needs were and still are very simple: software that protects, software that is easy to use, and software that does not affect the performance of the computer. ESET is the good one.

Cons

I can't talk about things that I don't like about ESET because this tool has been really useful and has served its purpose and I could say that it is not needed anymore. It is understood that the graphical interface with the user is simpler, less unnecessary functionalities than that of other antiviruses, but I don't see it as something negative. I hope that they continue to maintain the same quality and safety, and proce that they have offered to this day without their heads going through the roof.

George

ESET has advanced features to provide several layers of security against malicious software

Reviewed on 11/9/2023

ESET monitors our devices effectively and keeps all potential threats away. It shows very few alerts or pop-ups and does not cause the computers to slow down. It is relatively easy to set up compared to its competitors. However, we experience some false positive notifications which might cause unnecessary panic.

Pros

ESET has an intuitive design which makes it fairly easy to use without trouble. You can check the security status and customize the settings easily especially if you have basic understanding of the function of each security feature. It offers real-time monitoring and guards devices from viruses, malware, and other malicious apps. It updates regularly to capture emerging threats from different sources.

Cons

Advanced settings might be complicated for non tech savvy users. If you want to enhance security for whatever reasons, you might need to involve a tech savvy person or take time to learn. It is relatively expensive and I'd appreciate if they reviewed the rates downwards.

Response from ESET

Thank you for your outstanding 5-star review and valuable feedback! We're thrilled to provide you with advanced security features and an intuitive interface. We appreciate your insights on the pricing and understand your concerns. Your security and satisfaction are our top priorities. ESET will continue to protect your devices effectively, with the aim of minimizing false positives in the future. Stay secure with ESET! 🛡️😊

Samuel

Takes a proactive approach to prevent and respond to security threats

Reviewed on 26/9/2023

ESET helps keep our devices safe from security threats without spending too much costs, efforts, time, or device resources. ESET has been in the market for quite some time indicating its ability to meet clients expectations. It monitors devices and blocks threats quickly and warns you when you are about to download malicious programs or access dangerous files. We are yet to experience any major data or device issues since we switched to ESET

Pros

The administrator can view and adjust security status of different devices from a central point. This ensures all devices are safe since a threat to one device could expose the others to similar threats. ESET has low impact on the computer performance. I like it because I can scan files in the background without significant slow down or unnecessary disruptions. The customer support team responds and helps you solve any technical hitches.

Cons

Setting up ESET and customizing its security features requires deeper understanding of how endpoint protection works. Although the default settings offer reliable security, you might need an expert to ensure the devices are safe especially if you deal with sensitive data. False positives could be a challenge though they are not too common.

Response from ESET

Thank you for your detailed and positive feedback! We're delighted to hear that ESET has been a valuable addition to your security measures, offering centralized control, low-performance impact, and responsive customer support. Your insights are greatly appreciated, and we're here to assist with any further questions or concerns you may have.

Set it and forget it! ESET offers a convenient and effective one stop security solution

Reviewed on 20/4/2018

I haven't lost time or money or business because my computer is protected and I'm not vulnerable to attacks. That's basically an ROI of priceless if you ask me.

Pros

Currently I am using ESET on my work laptop. I am a small freelance business and just have the one computer to protect at the moment. I also purchased another license to install on my parents' computer as they have been very prone to viruses in the past.

Pros
- Set it and forget it - I basically set up this software once to run automatic scans and I haven't had to bother with it much more than that.
- Anti-theft feature - this feature allows you to locate your computer no matter where it is if it gets stolen. Thankfully haven't had to try this feature out, and I hope that I never have to, but it's pretty comforting to know that I have it.
- Parental control - I don't use this, but you can basically set up different profiles for children when they browse the web to block certain sites
- Secure browser for banking and financial websites - ESET launches its own browser when you go to any financial or banking websites. As I understand it, they encrypt everything over this secure browser
- Chock full of other features like personal firewall, email protection, webcam protection, etc
- Automatic prompting when you connect an external drive to scan it.

Cons

Absolutely nothing.

So far I have found ESET to be very easy to use and I haven't come across any negatives. Everything from setting up automatic scans to enabling the anti-theft feature through their website has been super smooth.

No issues with this whatsoever and it's extremely easy to use. Well worth it.

Emir
Emir

Optimize endpoints and devices security in real-time

Reviewed on 15/12/2021

It uses a low amount of resources and works efficiently in the background without disturbing and interfering in my running programs. This single solution gives peace of mind by protecting all enterprise-level endpoints and systems efficiently and more easily. Although it looks pricey, if we think about its powerful features and performance then it seems cost-effective as compared to other available options in the market. I highly recommend the ESET Endpoint Security tool to all other users who are working in a hybrid environment and worried about optimizing their device and endpoint protection at scale. This one is best among all fighting competitors because the tools offered by this are not included in any other tool package.

Pros

Dealing with attackers or hackers at our endpoints is more challenging than when we have implemented the ESET Endpoint Security tool. It is fully powerful in detecting malicious programs and provides real-time notifications so that we fix problems and stop hackers from getting access to our devices. I like it because it provides real-time visibility for both off-premise and on-premise endpoints, as well as comprehensive reporting. This comprehensive multilayered protection is playing an important role in the security of all company devices and endpoints to protect our data.

Cons

The only thing which disturbs me sometimes is the scan time of larger files against viruses, it is a quite lengthy process. Its initial setup and deployment require hours to dedicate, to make this fully functional at its full potential, also there is a learning for configurations.

• Industry: Information Services

If you wanna the best antivirus, purchase this software

Reviewed on 25/9/2019

The antivirus solution from ESET is currently the best on the market. It is more expensive, but you get perfect protection for your money.

Pros

+ daily update of virus database
+ system administrators can set-up/manage/handle employees' tools through ERA
+ real-time file system protection

Cons

- a little bit high costs (paid license)
- missing apps for iOS devices
- web access protection sometimes blocks valid web sites

AVG Antivirus Business Edition
giorgio

plug and play

Reviewed on 5/9/2022

it is a product that has always been known, but it is constantly evolving, follows and anticipates market trends. the company is mostly composed of technicians, less marketing but lots of substance

Pros

this SW is very light, doesn't impact the performance of your device , also the legacy one.
easy to deploy and easy to use, very precise on malware detection.

Cons

the support was not the best, but since they opened the branch in Italy this problem has also been solved immediately. it is a product suitable for small companies, perhaps it is not very suitable for large industry

Intercept X Endpoint

just for price

Response from ESET

Thank you for your honest review and endorsement of ESET, we truly appreciate it! We're glad to hear that you've had a positive experience with our software and that your issue with the support team was cleared up with our Italy branch. I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to them.

Joseph

It just works! I don't have to worry about viruses anymore.

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

It's great, works like it's supposed to.

It's great, works like it's supposed to.

Pros

ESET helps me not have to worry about computer security. It's simple, works in the background, and doesn't bog my computer down.

Cons

The icon in the taskbar is a little odd, but helpful when I need it, but I rarely need it.

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Too many pop ups and adds in AVG

Protection available at your beck and call

Reviewed on 22/8/2022

Even though there are other solutions available at a lower cost, the performance and effectiveness of these solutions in removing all kinds of viral dangers make it clear that they are well worth the money. Taking very good care of the private information that is stored on our computers is worth a significant amount more than the price of the program itself. On a consistent basis, multiple evaluations conducted by impartial parties affirm our selections.

Pros

I was quite impressed with ESET's capacity to detect potentially malicious actions and to do scans on a regular basis. It has a user-friendly interface and comes equipped with capabilities like text encryption and encryption for portable media. It is not difficult to install, and consumers may easily obtain it. After a system reboot, it is necessary for employees to enter a password, which significantly increases the level of security.

Cons

If employees fail to remember their passwords or enter them frequently incorrectly, the server's connection will be severed, and a wipe will be necessary. Because of this, we are unable to access a number of the websites that we typically browse on a daily basis. It is inconvenient to have to unblock a website yourself or to have to ask someone else to do so on your behalf. It would be wonderful if there were more frequent updates.

Response from ESET

Thank you for taking your time to leave such a detailed and great review. We are happy to be your cybersecurity provider.

Elmer

Optimum Protection

Reviewed on 19/11/2022

The activation of the firewall and the protection of data for personal and business use gave me the peace of mind and security that are being protected 24 hours a day. Very good program.

Pros

one of the best data protection tools, online, accurate and reliable. The protection options in the tool are useful when you are surfing the net, working with online platforms. Detection is online and in real time.

Cons

It practically detects and eliminates any threat that it detects sometimes without making the queries since it sends them to quarantine. Perhaps there should be a way to notify this task.

Response from ESET

Thank you for choosing ESET as your trusted security provider, and for taking the time to write a review. We're glad to hear that you've been using our products for years and that you find them simple to use. The Windows app is a favorite among our users, and we're happy to hear that the firewall is meeting your needs.

The ability to quarantine files and restore them if needed is one of the features that makes ESET unique, and we're glad that it's working well for you. We appreciate your trust in us and thank you for your business.

Hakob
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

The best cyber security service so far

Reviewed on 19/11/2022

I've been using ESET services for more than 10 years now and can confirm that this is one of the best services ever, if not the best one. Mostly I am using the Antivirus and Internet Security, they both never failed protecting my machines.

Pros

It basically has all the necessary tools to keep me safe in the computer environment. I can't remember when I last time reinstalled my operating system because of viruses, malware, or other harmful things.One of the best aspects of the tool that it never slowed down my PC performance.

Cons

There is basically nothing negative about ESET systems from my side. On minor thing that I noticed in the last update that it surrounds your web browser window with a green frame, notifying that I am safe on that webpage, and even though there is a check button to hide it, it doesn't hide.

Response from ESET

Thank you for your loyalty to ESET, and for taking the time to share your thoughts on our product. We're glad to hear that you've been using ESET for close to a decade and that you find our software suite reliable. We constantly aim to improve our products and are happy to know that some specific features are normally added soon after.