CorelDRAW

Erik

Old but still gold.

Reviewed on 14/7/2021

9/10
Good price, you learn a lot using this, it's like training wheels for graphic designers

9/10

Pros

I loved it because it is the software for begginners, its simply to use and once you can dominate and learn how works, you can jump to another software more complete. Or you can still using this one.

Cons

Its like a little old, and it need some upgrades to keep competing with newest software.

Adobe Illustrator

Reasons for Choosing CorelDRAW

I wanted to keep learning more softwares because you never know when you're gonna need work with another.

Because of the price.
sean
  • Industry: Design

Coreldraw offers maany amazing features and is easy to use.

Reviewed on 23/12/2021

CorelDRAW does what many tools fail to do properly in terms of the price you pay for the software, open-source software offers many tools that don't live up to a paid version of CorelDRAW or other Photo editing or graphic creation tools. Image tracing is something I use a lot and with much other software, the traces end up losing a large portion of their quality and border integrity, with CorelDRAW I've not had issues with image trace and image effects. The Creation tools on CorelDRAW are very comprehensive and offer a wide variety to choose from, allowing for a greater creative margin.

Pros

CorelDRAW is a piece of software that offers a comprehensive array of tools and features that are easy to use and moderately simple to understand. There are no real issues with software deployment and cross-platform use. Customer support is efficient within reason, and CorelDraw offers a lot of support and guidance, especially for newcomers to a platform that has been around for many years and has progressed with market expectations. There is a wide variety of tutorials online for the software for aspects anyone is unsure of and they cover every aspect of the software.

Cons

Installation of the software and be a little frustrating at times as the last time I attempted to install CorelDRAW it had some issues with my current version of windows and only opened the first time after installation, I installed an earlier version and it worked fine, admittedly at the time, I was using Windows 7, which was at the time unsupported by windows. Some of the features, unless you do extensive research do take time to understand if you haven't used them before. When first opening Coreldraw there is an overwhelming amount of tools to choose from and I feel this does not present with a user-friendly environment.

Pablo
Pablo
  • Industry: Graphic Design

It does almost everything, almost good

Reviewed on 24/6/2022

I work a lot with printers in my city, where CorelDraw is a standard. That's why I learned to use it and from then on my experience is good and in the aspects I mentioned I recommend it. It should be noted that it has a steep learning curve. It fulfills many functions and almost all kinds of graphical pieces can be solved smoothly, even without mastering it completely.

Pros

A while back, the feature CorelDraw was known for was its ease of use and intuitive interface. They were the first to launch a version that allowed multiple pages in the same file, or the creation of forms by dragging the mouse. Today this virtue is maintained, it can work very well, and with a good integration with other applications and prepress and printing processes, and with the possibility of exporting to almost any format in the graphic environment, very well covering the requirements that can be asked of a program like this.

Cons

Despite the above, I must say that at a certain point CorelDraw stagnated and was overtaken by excellent features from the competition (such as the shape creation tool or 3D mapping). On the other hand, I notice some structural instability in the software, and abrupt closures with loss of information are a constant that has never been solved. They frequently release new versions with minimal changes, but those kinds of basic problems don't get fixed.

taylor
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

fantastic overall

Reviewed on 3/1/2024

we love it. we have used multiple art programs and corel is by far the best.

we love it. we have used multiple art programs and corel is by far the best.

Pros

the drag and drop ability would have to be the top feature for us. it speeds up the overall process dramatically.

Cons

it would have to be when first using the program. it can be a little overwhelming, but stick with it. the more you use it, the easier it gets, and the pay off is well worth it.

Robert

Common-sense vector graphics software

Reviewed on 2/4/2020

Overall, I am very happy with CorelDraw and really enjoy using it. I've used it nearly every day since 2006.

Pros

CorelDraw is by far the easiest vector editing software to pick up and learn as an absolute beginner. I started using vector graphics with a combination of Adobe Illustrator and 3D Studio Max nearly 20 years ago and about 10 years later I was shown CorelDraw and I haven't gone back to Illustrator since.

Cons

While CorelDraw may have a great UI and do a great job with creating and exporting vector images, there are (2) very distinct features that have always given me issues. 1) The text engine is very poor. Oftentimes, Corel cannot accurately display text position on a page unless the text is converted to curves. Draw is also absolutely dreadful with typing on a curve, especially around lower edges when it must align the spacing along the top of the letter. 2) when exporting a .jpeg proof, the 24-bit RGB format often changes the colors in the proof which can lead to rejections from the customer. (FYI: To fix this, export the image as CMYK from Draw, open in Photoshop and convert to RGB and re-save).

Kevin
Kevin
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

A Graphic Designer's and Artist's Dream

Reviewed on 1/7/2021

It has helped me grow my business and sell my designs and art printed on clothing, accessories, and gifts all over the globe.

Pros

This software is loaded with things I was using from about three different programs. Aside from all the spectacular uses it has, not having to use one program, then switch to another, and possibly another to finish a design is brilliant!

Cons

There are so many additional things to purchase to do more work or have more tools, effects, etc but I know how to do most all of them without the additions, so it is okay

Adobe Photoshop and Affinity Designer

Reasons for Choosing CorelDRAW

The affordability for what you get is phenomenal and it is truly great for professional work.

Reasons for Switching to CorelDRAW

It was less expensive, offered exactly what I needed and in the trial was far easier.
Shaunak
Shaunak

Old but still widely used graphics designing software

Reviewed on 10/3/2022

So far my experience is amazing, I have worked on various graphic designing internships and we made social media posts, flyers, posters, advertisements, and much more with CorelDRAW.

Pros

Where ever you will go to get your design ready, you will find designers using CorelDRAW. It is the most widely used software for ages. Also, it was the first software that I learned. Nowadays I use Canva also. But still, the extension of CorelDRAW file .cdr is very popular among the market leaders. I love that they have started providing mobile apps as well.

Cons

I would love to see more precision editing with templates and also a walkthrough should be given. The only con I see as of now is that it should recommend users to use the latest techniques to create elements or artifacts by suggestion based on user metrics that are being collected in the background.

Canva

Reasons for Switching to CorelDRAW

I choose CorelDRAW over Canva because my printing agency asks me to provide the raw design in .cdr file format, which is not an option with Canva.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Vector software

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

I used Corel for several years before finally transitioning the vectors to another platform and it was tough the whole time.

Pros

Corel has lots of hidden abilities inside it and the ability to achieve some very strong and complex graphics.

Cons

It’s a very awkward software- much more primitive compared to software I’ve used in the past. It’s took longer to learn than I expected

David
David
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Corel over Adobe

Reviewed on 18/3/2020

Started using it at a previous job, used it for scanning and color correcting childrens' artworks, liked it so much I decided to make the switch over to Corel myself.

Pros

I've been using Corel instead of Adobe for years now, ever since Adobe switched to a subscription base. It's auto vectorizing feature is fantastic for scanning in my ink drawings and making them vector images without having to trace everything myself. Very easy to use and adapt to if you've been using Photoshop for awhile and have been looking for something else.

Cons

The fact that it isn't industry standard like Adobe is unless you're in the screen printing or automotive wrap industries.

Inkscape

Reasons for Choosing CorelDRAW

Didn't like Adobe's focus on subscriptions

Reasons for Switching to CorelDRAW

Because of my experience with Corel at my previous employers
Dalmir
Dalmir

The beginning of Design

Reviewed on 23/2/2021

I have a strong connection with CorelDraw because when I started my career as a Graphic Designer it was this software that launched me into the job market.

Pros

The good thing about CorelDraw is that some vectors you can't do in Adobe Illustrator you can do in CorelDraw, it's simpler than Illustrator and easier to use.

Cons

However, not all companies ask for CorelDraw skills, most ask for Adobe products, I think this is a big disadvantage for CorelDraw.

Marcos
  • Industry: Entertainment

CorelDRAW is king when you have to print professionally

Reviewed on 28/8/2021

Where I live and work, if you don't work with CorelDRAW, you will not get reliable results in the printing process. So, the ease of knowing what a design will look like is fantastic. The pricing's a bit iffy and software stability can be an issue.

Pros

CorelDRAW has been the defacto interface between design and professional printing (such as offset and digital printing on a large scale) for decades. Adobe Photoshop has taken over for smaller applications, but if you go to a proper, old school, big and storied print shop, they expect you to be working with CorelDRAW. This makes it very easy to get predictable results from designs.

Cons

Up until recently, CorelDRAW had a very restrictive business model which made it expensive for smaller businesses. They've now implemented a hybrid model with subscriptions available, but they are still a bit more expensive than the competition. My biggest gripe, though, is that the software itself can be buggy and crash out quite a bit.

Adobe Photoshop

Reasons for Switching to CorelDRAW

Print shops prefer CorelDRAW. It's what they're used to. So, I had no choice.
William
  • Industry: Graphic Design

2019 the year CorelDraw became Company standard.

Reviewed on 18/10/2019

Overall CorelDraw plays with the big boys as far as capability, functionality, and small learning curve. I've been a user of the Corel Suites for quite sometime but never made the complete switch. It was always a secondary program. This year 2019 I decided to completely switch over to the full Corel Technical Suite line and I'm completely satisfied with the switch.

Pros

If you are coming from Adobe Illustrator Corel allows you to set your workspace exactly the same as Illustrator which makes for no learning curve at all. You'll find all the same resources and tools as Illustrator. You actually own your copy of the program so that when next years version comes out you aren't forced to upgrade. I have been using 2016 version of the program until 2019 when I upgraded to newest version.

Cons

I don't dislike anything about the program at all. It has all the same features and benefits as the Adobe suite.

Sachith

The Best Graphics Editor

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Overall, We recommend CorelDRAW as an excellent choice for logo designers vector art creators. As it has tons of features excellent for designing various kinds of arts. Also, most of the brands use CorelDRAW for their logo designing. Moreover, game designers also use CorelDRAW to create game graphics and details as they can intensify them according to their needs.

Pros

Designing: CorelDRAW is simply powerful and versatile software. It grants a remarkable opportunity for its users in creating logos and graphics. If one needs to create vectors for logos, graphics, or any other reason this software will be the best choice. The intensity of graphic designing can also be changed using CorelDRAW which makes it an excellent platform for its users.

Vector illustrations: CorelDRAW can be used in very different ways such as it can be used to make illustrations equipped with 3D effects. There are tons of options within the software itself to produce vector-based arts with the quality of any scale. Also, it comes with a variety of tools that aid users in creating custom designs.

Cons

Experience: CorelDRAW is not easy to learn or easy to use the software. To use it at a professional level one needs a tremendous amount of time and patience. The mechanics of this software are not simple. It can be very challenging for users especially for newbies to get familiar with all of its abilities.

RAM: CorelDRAW comes with all the features but none of it comes for free. A decent amount of RAM is required for the software to make it work properly. The users cannot own the software completely and have to subscribe to a specific plan according to their needs.

M Choiril
M Choiril
  • Industry: Printing

Making Simple Jobs for Newbie

Reviewed on 23/1/2022

So far it's been pretty good and I still use this software, especially for monochrome design work, it's quite helpful. I even use it to collaborate with other graphics software.

Pros

Honestly, the beginning of my career when I started design work was using Corel Draw software, maybe at that time, it was version 11 & 12. The impression when I was faced with the application was a simple display and easy-to-remember tools. Maybe this is the first step for beginners who want to seriously develop their talents and careers in graphic design. It doesn't take too long to understand each of the tools used. Quite fast and effective when applied directly to a simple job. For example, making invoices, books, letterforms, stamps, and making master images for screen printing.

Cons

I will objectively convey the shortcomings of this application according to my capacity as a user.
This software can often be said to crash when handling a fairly heavy job. In addition, the coloring looks a little pale, and the results of the export of pdf files whose colors are often not as expected. This is what makes me often get complaints from customers when they receive printing from us.

Hicham

What's the verdict on CorelDRAW? Our pros and cons review will help you decide

Reviewed on 22/7/2022

Not sure how to use a certain tool in CorelDRAW? No problem! There are training videos available right within the app, so you can get up to speed quickly and easily. This is a great feature for beginners who are just getting started with the software.
Con #2: The learning curve (three sentences): While CorelDRAW does offer some helpful in-app training videos, there is still a bit of a learning curve associated with the software. If you're not willing to put in the time to learn how to use it properly, then it might not be the right fit for you. For example, while there are tutorials available online, they often involve a lot of scrolling through pages and pages of content. It would be nice if CorelDRAW had an easier way to find the specific tutorials we need - such as using keywords or filtering by topic - but unfortunately, that isn't possible at this time.
CorelDRAW has been around since 1982, so it's one of the more established brands out there when it comes to design software. Its powerful features come at a cost, though - both financially and in terms of complexity. It's an excellent choice for anyone looking for something more high-end than what Adobe offers, but make sure you have enough patience before deciding whether CorelDRAW is right for you.

Pros

If you're a creative professional, you know that having reliable cloud storage is essential. With CorelDRAW, you get unlimited cloud storage, so you can rest assured that your files are always safe.
Con #1: Limited free trial (three sentences): One downside of CorelDRAW is that its free trial is quite limited. You only get 7 days to try out the software, which may not be enough time to really get a feel for it. Plus, the free trial doesn't include all the features that are available with a paid subscription. To access them, you'll need to upgrade from the trial version to the full version.
Pro #2: Unlimited number of fonts: Another pro about CorelDRAW is that there are no limits on how many fonts you can use in your projects. Some other design programs have strict limits on font usage, but not CorelDRAW!
The mind mapping feature in CorelDRAW is great for organizing your thoughts and ideas visually. You can create a mind map by starting with a central idea and then adding branches (or sub-ideas) radiating out from it. This can be a helpful way to brainstorm or plan projects. Plus, once you've created your mind map, you can export it to a variety of formats (including PDF, PNG, and JPG) so you can share it with others or keep it for reference.

Cons

If you're starting from scratch, be prepared to spend some time learning how to use CorelDRAW. The software can be difficult to master, and there's a steep learning curve. However, once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to create some stunning designs. There are also numerous online resources to assist you along the way... CorelDRAW also comes with a handy tutorial that walks you through the basics of its interface and tools so that even beginners can quickly learn what they need to know in order to design great graphics. It might take a while before you feel comfortable using all the program's features, but with practice and patience, you'll soon see just how easy it is to create professional-looking images.
We've all been there before. You're in the middle of working on a project when, suddenly, your computer crashes. It's frustrating, especially when you lose progress on your work. Unfortunately, this is a common issue with CorelDRAW. The software has a tendency to crash frequently, which can be a major pain for users. These crashes are often due to updates that are not compatible with older versions of the program. Users who update their software regularly shouldn't have any issues with these frequent crashes.
All things considered, CorelDRAW may not be the best option for users who want an easy-to-use design software solution that doesn't require any advanced drawing skills or experience.

Bryan
Bryan
  • Industry: Design

Well above the competition for magazine layout and advertising design

Reviewed on 24/6/2018

Pros

I've been using CorelDraw since version 3 back in 1993. CorelDraw combines the features of apps like Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign in one intuitive and easy to use application. Need to design a vector ad that uses a few images? Edit the image and adjust resolution inside CorelDraw without having to first use another program like Photoshop. Need page layout for a multi-page project? Do it all in CorelDraw instead of having to build every page or ad separately and import into a separate application just for page layout. In addition to features that allowed us to use a single program rather than multiple, CorelDraw has an assortment of shortcuts that just make sense, and that Adobe hasn't bothered to include an easy way to accomplish in programs like Illustrator. Select the next object below or last below is a perfect example of this. With Illustrator a simple feature like this wasn't possible until CS5, while Corel had it for years before. All in all, CorelDraw's ease of use and flexibility saved me countless hours over the years.

Cons

The biggest problem CorelDraw faces is that it is not advancing as quickly as its competitors. I still believe it is the best tool for the specific projects I had in the past, but if I had a project that involved solely vector illustration, or photo editing, I'm not sure if CorelDraw would be the best choice for it. It really shines in projects that would normally require a mix of PS, AI and ID. I hope that it continues to advance in the future so that it remains relevant for other types of projects as well.

Soumya Jyoti

Best tool for artworks and fasion designing

Reviewed on 8/8/2021

It has been a quite good experience with CorelDraw and their customer support. Also we are running this on subscription basis by which we are always on the latest version and can take advantage of all new features released in newer versions. Our designing team seems to be satisfied and perhaps this has been the only software recommendation they always had while it came to product designing. With a lot of machinery integrations, it is quite easy to push any Corel artwork to print very easily. Overall, it is a positive recommendation from our side.

Pros

We have been using this software since last few years and it has become increasingly integral in our product development and designing. With some of the unique feature it brings to our table which caters to the requirement of today's fast paced fashion industry in truly implacable. Right from color swatches to the collaborative environment, everything is just designed to be used.

Cons

Though we may not consider it as a con, yet sometimes we feel to improve the menu orders and restyling them would make the software more interesting, however when looking at the developers' point of view I hope they are already familiar with the location of their options and tools which they didn't want to be disturbed. Also, a more extensive library of templates could be more beneficial.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

Fantastic to use with a Wacom tablet or iPad

Reviewed on 18/8/2019

I was first introduced to this in grad school. I went to an art school and I got a free copy there. After a few years when that software was a bit outdated, I got the latest one. I used some other products and I'll be honest there's not a lot of variation in what this can do for me, but I find this one the easiest to use and for me that makes all the difference. I do a lot of pen and ink stuff, then I use Photoshop for revisions, edits and tweaks; and I'll use CorelDRAW for stylistic tweaks --you know, like vector something.

Pros

A lot of great features and tools. One reason I tend to go back to this product a lot is because of the different pen tips. I tend to use this with other products like Photoshop, Illustrator and so on, but with that said, I don't use this to it's full capacity. I'm a pen and ink artist, but I do use CorelDRAW for some digital additions or to experiment and for touch ups. I purchased this a while back, but I was able to download this on all my devices and that was great so now I can use it on any device. Definitely my Mac and PC have the most use with this but I use it for light sketches on my iPad too. There's a lot of advanced features here, but I haven't used it extensively. I like that there's a subscription service and a one time purchase too.

Cons

I don't think there's really any cons. This can be expensive for some. But this is very high quality stuff. I also use Adobe Illustrator and I'd put the two on par. I'd only maybe prefer Illustrator because it's a bit easier for me to work with both Illustrator and Photoshop, but it's very easy to move vector images around here. Inkscape is a free vector imaging program which works incredibly well. I'd honestly suggest tinkering with that if you are just dabbling, but if not, I think this is a decent purchase with no real cons. Of course, this is coming from a person who uses this product a lot but not to its full potential.

Pratik
Pratik

DTP Mastering Solution with Ease. Multipurpose Vector Illustration Design Suite

Reviewed on 10/6/2021

Highly Professional and Productive. Vector Design and Exports with Ease. Multi type of Suite Programs.

Pros

CorelDraw Universal Acceptance, Online Application, Proofing, Heavy Workloads. Largest Number of Export Data Formats.

Cons

Monthly Subscription is Expensive but there should be a free Viewer. For Managing the Digital Designs and Documents.

Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape and Affinity Designer

CorelDraw is Operatively Simple

Inkscape

Reasons for Switching to CorelDRAW

Smooth Operation, Good Data Imports.
Allan
  • Industry: International Affairs
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

Not entirely easy to learn, but it’s worth it

Reviewed on 17/8/2021

CorelDraw is a great product which allowed me to explore my creative interests. When I first decided to learn graphic design and editing, CorelDraw was not my first choice. But after getting overwhelmed by the other alternatives I tried, I found CorelDraw the perfect balance between user friendliness and functionality. The image editor is easy to learn, side by side window comparisons of designs help the design process, importing and exporting files doesn’t have to be a struggle, your computer doesn’t have to be the most powerful in order to work smoothly with CorelDraw, etc, etc. There have been so many high points.

Pros

The vector creation tool is my favorite tool of all And very easy to execute, no matter the format of the original imported file. Also, CorelDraw had very useful resources and readily accessible communities to help me learn my way around the software as fast as possible. The image editor was not as complicated and sophisticated to learn / use as the other alternatives I had been struggling to pick up before switching to CorelDraw. I also realized that exporting similarly sized files took longer in other alternative products than it did when I worked in CorelDraw.

Cons

I had a few instances where saved images ended up in poorer resolutions or lower pixels when I save directly as image.

manjulika
manjulika

Corel draw : design your ideas

Reviewed on 18/4/2023

Overall I am liking this stunning superb vector designing software for all my needs to design and present ideas. The vector work give immense power to my designs as they are not getting pixelated.

Pros

CorelDRAW is a vector software which gives immense power to your graphical imagination. This is the kind of a tool like every graphic designer must learn and practice

Cons

In beginning it is little difficult to understand the GUI if you are shifting from Photoshop but it’s a fact that more time you spend with the software the most family are you will be

Richard

Great value for money!

Reviewed on 10/3/2022

Pros

CorelDraw has different versions, one, an improvement on the previous.

I'll like to say, it's by far the easiest vector graphics application by every standard above it's competition.

In every version of CorelDraw, the design approach and dashboard opens up your creativity with intuitive tools and design values with no limits.

Cons

For design shops to major press outfits and newspaper publication like ours, we find that CorelDraw has a low learning curve compared to Adobe products, Gimp and others.

Unfortunately, there is no version for Mac

Adobe InDesign

Reasons for Choosing CorelDRAW

Ease of use, Staff found CorelDraw to be far easier to work with as vector and graphics manipulation and error correction is a breeze
Temitope

CorelDraw Review

Reviewed on 9/6/2023

Pros

I find CorelDRAW Graphics Suite to be a powerful vector graphics editor that offers a variety of impactful features. With its dedicated Symmetry feature, I can create symmetrical objects and designs in real-time, saving me valuable time. The software also provides tools like Draw in Perspective, LiveSketch, and Pointillizer, which I find efficient and user-friendly. I appreciate how the workspace is organized and the design and layout functionality is seamlessly integrated, making it easy for me to navigate and use. Additionally, the extensive file compatibility allows me to smoothly transition from other software applications. As a graphic designer, illustrator, and digital artist, I believe CorelDRAW Graphics Suite is an excellent choice, offering both power and intuitive usability for my creative work.

Cons

It doesn't support importing a lot of other types of file especially when they are not saved as .cdr

Ash

You'll love it once you learn how to use it

Reviewed on 23/6/2022

CorelDraw is the best program for your graphic design purposes specially if you're designing something working with vectors.

Pros

CorelDraw is a leading graphic design software and my most preferred one for this purpose. The variety of tools and the degree of control that you have over the vectors is the most amazing experience that someone can expect as a user.

Cons

Corel has improved over the years but the image editing tools can still improve.
It's not an easy software to learn and enjoy; however, all of the other softwares within the same range are the same.

Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
Saidu
Saidu
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used for 2+ years

CorelDraw, One Of The Best Graphic Design Software

Reviewed on 21/12/2018

Ever since i started using coreldraw i have helped so many companies advertise their products through graphic design, i have also help many organizations to spread information in a form of banner/flyers as well as wedding invitations and many other helpful things, i use the knowledge i have with coreldraw as a source of income for myself because i get paid pretty good when ever i create a banner or any graphic design content for a client.
I also teach young people how to create good graphic design with coreldraw because i found this software to be an invaluable tool to make a living, it has really helped alot of businesses, companies and organizations to spread and advertise their products and generate more revenue for them selves in one way or another, to be frank with you, coreldraw is one of the best softwares i have ever seen in my life because of the wonders you can do with it, just try it out and see what i am talking about.

Pros

I like the ability to bend and make it do whatever you want to achieve related to graphic design, when i first came across the software i thought it wasn't a great deal but when i started exploring it, i realized that there is nothing you can't do with CorelDraw,you can achieve almost anything and can bend it to do so many wonderful things in different ways.

Cons

The one thing i can say that i didn't pretty much like with coreldraw is that it is somehow hard to learn, it takes a long time before you get use to the user interface and also the shortcut keys are not common unlike the Microsoft shortcut keys that are straight forward, but once you get use to the system, then sky is your limit because it's fun working with coreldraw and so many wonderful things can be done on it.