CorelDRAW

4.1/5

1028 Software options

Marcos C.
  • Industry: Entertainment

CorelDRAW is king when you have to print professionally

Reviewed on 28/8/2021

Where I live and work, if you don't work with CorelDRAW, you will not get reliable results in the printing process. So, the ease of knowing what a design will look like is fantastic. The pricing's a bit iffy and software stability can be an issue.

Pros

CorelDRAW has been the defacto interface between design and professional printing (such as offset and digital printing on a large scale) for decades. Adobe Photoshop has taken over for smaller applications, but if you go to a proper, old school, big and storied print shop, they expect you to be working with CorelDRAW. This makes it very easy to get predictable results from designs.

Cons

Up until recently, CorelDRAW had a very restrictive business model which made it expensive for smaller businesses. They've now implemented a hybrid model with subscriptions available, but they are still a bit more expensive than the competition. My biggest gripe, though, is that the software itself can be buggy and crash out quite a bit.

Adobe Photoshop

Reasons for Switching to CorelDRAW

Print shops prefer CorelDRAW. It's what they're used to. So, I had no choice.
Erik M.

Old but still gold.

Reviewed on 14/7/2021

9/10
Good price, you learn a lot using this, it's like training wheels for graphic designers

Pros

I loved it because it is the software for begginners, its simply to use and once you can dominate and learn how works, you can jump to another software more complete. Or you can still using this one.

Cons

Its like a little old, and it need some upgrades to keep competing with newest software.

Reasons for Choosing CorelDRAW

I wanted to keep learning more softwares because you never know when you're gonna need work with another.

Because of the price.
Sachith D.

The Best Graphics Editor

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Overall, We recommend CorelDRAW as an excellent choice for logo designers vector art creators. As it has tons of features excellent for designing various kinds of arts. Also, most of the brands use CorelDRAW for their logo designing. Moreover, game designers also use CorelDRAW to create game graphics and details as they can intensify them according to their needs.

Pros

Designing: CorelDRAW is simply powerful and versatile software. It grants a remarkable opportunity for its users in creating logos and graphics. If one needs to create vectors for logos, graphics, or any other reason this software will be the best choice. The intensity of graphic designing can also be changed using CorelDRAW which makes it an excellent platform for its users.

Vector illustrations: CorelDRAW can be used in very different ways such as it can be used to make illustrations equipped with 3D effects. There are tons of options within the software itself to produce vector-based arts with the quality of any scale. Also, it comes with a variety of tools that aid users in creating custom designs.

Cons

Experience: CorelDRAW is not easy to learn or easy to use the software. To use it at a professional level one needs a tremendous amount of time and patience. The mechanics of this software are not simple. It can be very challenging for users especially for newbies to get familiar with all of its abilities.

RAM: CorelDRAW comes with all the features but none of it comes for free. A decent amount of RAM is required for the software to make it work properly. The users cannot own the software completely and have to subscribe to a specific plan according to their needs.

Nimanthi R.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

one of the finely used software throughout the world

Reviewed on 26/4/2019

this tool is good for creating flyers, one page brouchers, images or medium level videos. Its features make it worth using software. When it comes to remove major errors from image, refining the image or video, or applying basic and advance effects, no other tool is better than corel draw. For rendering large size image, this tool slows down and takes time yet the result is always up to the standard. Hence, corel draw is highly recommended as the best graphic designing tool.

Pros

Corel draw is one of the finely used software throughout the world. Its user friendly interface, easy to use features and reliability makes it exceptional for every graphic designer. However, what make it special are some major features of this software. While using corel draw the features which make it exceptional are its live-sketch tool, healing clone tool, curving, multi monitoring, blur feature, enhancement stylus, extremely easy to use GUI, interactive sliders, font search and filtering, custom shapes of nodes, font management, and vector previews. All the features make it easy to handle any complex graphic designing work. When one starts using this software and editing a picture or image, all the solutions, elements and features are one click away for him and this is the reason why it is given preference by experts over all other graphic editors. Moreover, the best aspect of this tool is the connected workshops which enable a naive user to master himself in graphic editing using corel draw.

Cons

While using this software, one also has to come across some downsides of this tool such as less support to real life pictures and videos composition, less support to high volume data and powerful images, visibility of minor drawing issue due to enhanced images etc. Moreover, stuffs such as page accumulation, layout methods, automation of styling and proper written guides are missing when one start using corel draw for advance purpose.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

Fantastic to use with a Wacom tablet or iPad

Reviewed on 18/8/2019

I was first introduced to this in grad school. I went to an art school and I got a free copy there. After a few years when that software was a bit outdated, I got the latest one. I used some other products and I'll be honest there's not a lot of variation in what this can do for me, but I find this one the easiest to use and for me that makes all the difference. I do a lot of pen and ink stuff, then I use Photoshop for revisions, edits and tweaks; and I'll use CorelDRAW for stylistic tweaks --you know, like vector something.

Pros

A lot of great features and tools. One reason I tend to go back to this product a lot is because of the different pen tips. I tend to use this with other products like Photoshop, Illustrator and so on, but with that said, I don't use this to it's full capacity. I'm a pen and ink artist, but I do use CorelDRAW for some digital additions or to experiment and for touch ups. I purchased this a while back, but I was able to download this on all my devices and that was great so now I can use it on any device. Definitely my Mac and PC have the most use with this but I use it for light sketches on my iPad too. There's a lot of advanced features here, but I haven't used it extensively. I like that there's a subscription service and a one time purchase too.

Cons

I don't think there's really any cons. This can be expensive for some. But this is very high quality stuff. I also use Adobe Illustrator and I'd put the two on par. I'd only maybe prefer Illustrator because it's a bit easier for me to work with both Illustrator and Photoshop, but it's very easy to move vector images around here. Inkscape is a free vector imaging program which works incredibly well. I'd honestly suggest tinkering with that if you are just dabbling, but if not, I think this is a decent purchase with no real cons. Of course, this is coming from a person who uses this product a lot but not to its full potential.

Bodo S.
  • Industry: Automotive

Good solution for Vector Drawings

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

I have used Corel Draw to make presentation ready drawings (for print and presentations), where simple Powerpoint Sketches wouldn't do. It allows us to generate technical drawings.

Pros

I've been using Corel Draw for >15years and it has always been my go-to package for vector drawings. It offers a shorter learning curve than Adobe Illustrator and an overall lower cost. The ease of doing paths (including spline/bezier control) is unique and makes using it fast and efficient.

Cons

Corel Draw has gone through a few iterations and development stalled for a few years, hence it's not up-to-date with the latest features (i.e. 3D, workflow integration).

Reasons for Choosing CorelDRAW

Cost and Ease of Use

Jedrek M.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Value buy.

Reviewed on 7/4/2021

CorelDRAW is the value buy. It follows an old-school pricing model where you buy the software at the beginning and then you are done. No financing and being dinged month after month. This is great because you can pay a 3rd of the price of the leading competitor.

That being said, if you need photoshop, adobe would be the way to go! If you just need an art software for designing logos, corelDRAW!

Pros

Corel has all the features you need for artwork designing.
It is simple for beginners and complex for veterans.
Does the job at a fraction of the cost.
Buy outright at the beginning (no monthly fees)

Cons

It is not the market leader. Most people are working in Adobe so sometimes the transition of files isn't loved.
The software becomes outdated and you need separate software for each computer.

Adobe XD and Adobe Creative Cloud

Price!
Robert Z.

Once the best of the best

Reviewed on 9/9/2018

Now, 27 years of using Corel, I have ceased upgrading. The software still is the best for me, simply because I know how to use it well and do not like Adobe. Yet, I will no longer blindly upgrade as I had, every second reiteration.

I used to have two legally purchased copies for my two side-by-side PC's. Both these registered on the Corel WEB site. But a few years past, 3 years after registering with them, I was told that the one copy is not legal. Now I have only one legal copy.

So, the software would get an 85% mark but the people supporting it would only receive 25%, this averaging to be just over 50% to my thinking. With the officious way of dealing with their customers, disregarding loyalty, disregarding feedback, disregarding most, they add virus like advertising with the installation.

To me this taste's of desperations, get the last possible cent out of the customer.

No more, no thank you.

Pros

For me, CorelDraw has all that I need for creating my advertising designs, web graphics and the like. once you become used to the product, it is more than enough for most anything and everything.

Cons

CorelDRAW was once the best of the best but then they sought to become Adobe. They started to change the way Corel operated, also made some aspect difficult to manage and handle. Consistency was the first item they threw out the window.

Also, they have included a virus in their installation. You will receive POP-UP notifications at the most inopportune moments. These will inform you of the new products Corel is seeking to push onto you. Most annoying to have such on my own PC, code installed that is activated without my wanting it. That is what a virus is, is it not? Something that does something on your PC that you do not want!

Nipuna R.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

The Designers' Suite

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

CorelDraw, the one of best software for illustrations and graphic designing. Our family business, a publishing firm has moved from FreeHand to CorelDraw in 2005 with CorelDraw v11 and now currently using X8 because its ease of use and worldwide compatibility. We distribute and Stored thousands of documents via .cdr (CorelDraw Files)

Pros

The colour management feature is one of best thing in this application as a Publishing firm. Trace function which we can convert images to editable illustrations are very useful when designing many things.
In new versions, we can attach the font files to cdr document which solved many problems in earlier versions when transferring documents.
"Prepare for Service Bureau" which gather all files (CDR file, PDF, Font Files, Document info, font info) helps alot when moving or distributing documents.

Cons

The major issue with the CorelDraw is we cannot open new version's .cdr file with older versions. Hope CorelDraw team will make a way atleast in future versions which gives capability to open new files in older versions.
Sometimes the Application going crash when working with complex designing. Hope the team will improve the stability of the app.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Vector software

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

I used Corel for several years before finally transitioning the vectors to another platform and it was tough the whole time.

Pros

Corel has lots of hidden abilities inside it and the ability to achieve some very strong and complex graphics.

Cons

It’s a very awkward software- much more primitive compared to software I’ve used in the past. It’s took longer to learn than I expected

Noe adonai S.
  • Industry: Music

Corel draw have a good quality: Intuitive

Reviewed on 22/10/2018

I make music and I would like to say thanks to CorelDRAW for allow me to create my own branding, my logo an my cover arts.
I think without CorelDRAW I couldn't arrive when I am.
Thanks.

Pros

The most thing I like of corel draw is it easy to use, I've also tried a lot of other graphic design programs, but I feel uncomfortable with the tools the have.
Corel draw have a good quality: Intuitive.

There are a lot of people who say the like more your competence, I don't know why, but you can clean your name making a new and fancy app, and very important:
Creating Ads Campaigns, inspiring a lot of people with your vision of creating art with corel draw.

BTW: I have a lot of ideas, so I have another:
Corel Draw is a program to design logos and another vectorized images...
Create a new program to draw, corel draw can make a great images, but I would love to paint into corel draw.

I hope this ideas help ;)

Cons

You can improve this things...
Sometimes when I try to apply an advanced weathered fill, the program closes.
Corel draw have a lot of tools and options, but I would love to use all of them in a simplified form.
I'd be nice to all the users if you create a new corel draw more easy to use.
Something like an app made for begginers in graphic design.
The other day I thought you can make millions of dollars if you make an Android App, because all the people have cellphones and they want to create things but there isn't an app for graphic designers.

Subhani D.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Superb, Powerful and User friendly vector editing software

Reviewed on 21/6/2020

CorelDRAW software helps me a lot for my business. I am doing a wedding stationery business.So always I have to work with vector editing and graphic designing projects.
I think overall it is a very good and valuable software.

Pros

CorelDRAW is a very useful and powerful software for graphic designing purposes.
It is very easy to handle and also contains very useful functions.So a beginner can refer some tutorials and can learn alone to work with this.
It is a fast software, that does not take much time to load and can be done large projects without getting stuck.

Cons

In my opinion, there are minimum missing places in the software.It depends with the user.
But for me older version is little easier than the new version.
In the new version there are some functions that a little bit difficult to understand.

Nathan A.

Great Graphic Design Software

Reviewed on 17/4/2020

I have used CorelDRAW over 10 years, and love it!

Pros

I have used the TOP products in the market but have yet to find a program that can do everything CorelDraw does all in once place, and as efficient.

Cons

It take a bit of time to learn all the tools, but the variety of features is what makes this software outstanding!

Okky Y.
  • Industry: Printing

All in One Printing Software Solution

Reviewed on 17/2/2021

Impressive, I can work very fast with the software, and It's flexibility to export to any format helps me a lot

Pros

Coreldraw is the most popular software for printing in my town, there are so many company use it as printing and advertisement purposes. It's fast and generally supported for any printer and plotter machine.

Cons

It's hard to work with shadow effect in coreldraw

Eranga M.

CorelDraw Review

Reviewed on 23/7/2021

Overall, CorelDraw is a very good application for designing. And I have seen most of the printing shops using in Sri Lanka. Also it's very easy to work in CorelDraw.

Pros

I really like the easy editing ability in CorelDraw and the quick selecting mode using the mouse button. Also once we set everything up, we can lock the design which is a good option, then it won't going here and there. Quick cloning horizontally and vertically is a good option that CorelDraw has.

Cons

Layer management is the least like about the CorelDraw. It's a bit hard in layer managing here.

Luan M.
  • Industry: Design

Ease and confidence in vectors.

Reviewed on 19/9/2020

In general, I use Corel Draw for 80% of my working time with vectorizing drawings and creating logos. The work area layout does not fatigue the flow and makes the process fast and productive. The tradition of this software among professionals in the graphic design sector helps when external collaboration is needed.

Pros

Pioneering software in the vectorization of graphic projects. In it we can create different combinations of layers and obtain satisfactory results with simple drawing commands using lines and geometric shapes. It has good acceptance of Adobe Illustrator files, exports in several formats and hardly crashes.
Highlight for the function that tracks the bitmap and converts it to curves according to custom settings.

Cons

The Software has an interesting preview feature before exporting in .jpeg but it can cause bugs or crash due to the complexity of the work.

Brooke D.

Great

Reviewed on 2/9/2018

CorelDRAW is actually valuable in developing styles for customers. It is a one-stop option for all type of graphic style requirements, that makes it an extremely effective and needs to have software application if you remain in the developing market.

Pros

Whatever is really instinctive, and as soon as you understand the various tools, it enables you to have a really quick workflow. Specifically really effective to deal with vectors, where other programs are slower and more complicated.

Cons

Among the couple of problems I can state about this program remains in recommendation to the gradients, since when it is printed it does not work effectively, as if it had low levels. The filters for photos, since they do not deal with pictures with lots of information, they do not look extremely natural or lose the majority of the information when used.

Javier M.
  • Industry: Design

It's a very fast tool to vectorizing and prepare files to print

Reviewed on 6/9/2019

With Corel I can work with preprint files and be sure the finally art will be fine.

Pros

It's really easy create and work with vectors with this software. A lot of offset printers work with this software, know how they work has helped me in my designs.

Cons

Maybe isn't de best software for work with photography composition or photography filters. The degradee in big formats is bad. Work with layers is more difficult than Illustrator. And finally, doesn't have the stability of the competition.

Reasons for Switching to CorelDRAW

I choose CorelDraw only with the purpouse of prepare the art for the print. I mean, I use for some daily task, but not for all my project.
George D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Proven and reliable

Reviewed on 18/9/2020

Corel Draw is an reliable instrument no matter you need to produce little printed materials for your business both for customers or internal use or big projects.

Pros

Using CorelDraw for more than 20 years! Absolutely complete and stable software for vector graphics.
Have been using it all my professional life in every industry I was involved during these years - agriculture, medical, wholesales, IT, hospitality, webdesign, graphical design.

Cons

It is powerful, still very easy to use. New versions offer new possibilities and functions and at the same time, absolutely easy to migrate from older version.

Dennis M.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Corel offers NO customer support.

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

Corel is more concerned with non-paying customers using their product than they are with customers who have already paid them for the product. Once they have your money, there is no support. Be prepared to spend hours with Customer Service and not get the problem solved. We also have never gotten the problem with WordPerfect not printing table headers on all pages. After 4 hours and 5 days with customer service, they tell us that it's a known problem and nothing is being done to fix it. This is by far the worst experience you will have with any software company. Even worse than Microsoft!

Pros

I liked the features and capabilities...

Cons

It always takes at least 3 business days and 4 to 6 hours and constant follow up to get the software to work. Every time we purchase a Corel product, it tells us it isn't registered no matter what we do. We always need to go through what Corel calls customer support, which is a call center in India with employees that only tell you what you want to hear to get you off the phone. They will transfer you 4 times, and you have to repeat everything 4 times, only to tell you they can't fix it and have to report it to the "Concern Team", who will not get back to you sooner than 3 days, and only if you constantly call them and pester them.

Abel U.

Powerful Tool for Designs

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

Coreldraw Graphic Suite has made my design carrier easy. it has powerful features best for business cards, logos, flyers/posters, etc. Unlike Adobe Photoshop that uses layers, CorelDraw makes it easy to navigate and work on your designs easily without having to look for the layer of that particular object or text.

Pros

Professional and creative design features that help you get the best design that suits your needs.
Easy to use with a great interface.
Their ability to offer trial versions makes it more lovely as it will enable you to test the software whether it best for you.

Cons

Need to improve your customer support.
If possible, increase your trial version period to at least 21days.
Not the best software for image artwork.

Kelly R.

It's a Really Nice Program

Reviewed on 6/2/2018

It is really great for creating Vector software but it doesn't match up to Adobe Illustrator

Pros

It is no exaggeration to say that if you are or become a constant corel graphics user you can all but forget Photoshop for most uses, with no loss as to professional results.

A Vector and a Bitmap application are its main components but you also get a Font Manager, tons of clip-arts and assorted useful components such as to import and export all formats and it runs any plug-in you would use in PhotoShop, plus customised color pallets and native support for cmyk for most any kind of publishing you may want to create in it, as well as x-1A PDF export, editable presets or custom PDF settings as well.

Vector editing and bitmap-to-vector in CorelDraw and masking, cloning, fyll photo retouching capabilities and transparencies in CorelPhotoPaint are just some examples of the fast and exciting tools you get in one suite you can own without subscriptions.

You can also save to any previous version of CorelDraw so that files remain compatible with older versions if needed. Needless to say that it imports .PSD files too.

Cons

Disappointed to say but its a reality that it slows down after using it for some period expecting to get updates in newer version but still facing same issue from X3 till X8.

Basavaraju S.

Corel Draw is really user friendly interface for create stunning designs

Reviewed on 17/5/2021

Corel Draw is an incredible graphic design software, and based on the fantastic content I've been able to create graphics as a graphic designer, I can confidently say that anyone can use it to its full potential. You just need to devote a significant amount of time to mastering it, since it is not an easy program to master, but it is really user friendly interface for create stunning designs.

Pros

I like how it can handle graphics and modify them into visuals I never imagined were possible. In my work as an image creator, I utilise this software on a daily basis. I'm constantly impressed by people's ability to design and delicately manipulate vector drawings. To my customers' satisfaction, I've also been able to use the image editor to conduct some detailed photo restoration.

Cons

Corel Draw software is so very different tools and powerful, learning to use it and discovering all of its capabilities takes time. I have to take a few extra minutes to remind myself how to use features I don't use very often. bit difficulty find tools for beginners

Jessica M.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great for vectors

Reviewed on 4/9/2018

I started learning graphic design on Corel way back when... and then I switched to Adobe and learned the ins and outs of that. Then eventually got a job that was already using Corel so I went back to it. They are very similar... I like them both in terms of Draw vs Illustrator... but Photo Paint vs Photoshop, well, Photoshop will beat them there. With that said, I can still make Photo Paint do what I want so it works.

Pros

Power Clip and Pen Tool are my ultimate favorites of this software.

Cons

The brush tool makes me struggle at times. Photo Paint isn't as strong as Photoshop. Sometimes the program glitches in the most bizarre ways but it's definitely become more reliable in newer versions of the software.

Amadikwa J.

Best Graphics Designing Tools

Reviewed on 22/7/2021

Right from 2012 I have been using Corel draw, and ever since then I have not think or consider switching from it to another designing software because it have been giving what I wanted so far.

Pros

Corel draw is one of the mostly used software for designing and I enjoyed every bit of it. The provision of the mostly needed tools for designing is really awesome ranging from the select tool, brush, text, razor and down to the color filled tool. And the upgraded feature tools included in the latest versions of Corel draw is unique and awesome. This is indeed one of the software I would refer to anybody interested in designing.

Cons

The basic thing I find challenging in Corel draw is the updated software versions from 16 and above, for instance Corel 16 will keep hanging on older laptops/desktops or systems will limited CPU. So the developers, should consider older versions of systems while developing the software