CorelDRAW

Professional graphic design software

4.5 /5 (884 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
Lance S.

'The Alternative' Professional Vector Design Software

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 6/10/2020

Once I got over the unfamiliar UI and tool icons, it was more or less the standard vectoring software setup and feel as illustrator. I only use this to open and work on native CorelDraw files as issues sometimes importing .crd to .ai and vice-versa result in file corruption or inconsistencies in the artwork.

Pros

The fact that it is being offered with a perpetual license. Which is a big deal specially now that the subscription model is going mainstream with most industry-standard software. I also like the fact that CorelDraw is actually MORE POWERFUL than Adobe Illustrator, specially in terms of features and the ability to select path and shapes.

Cons

I personally feel that CorelDraw UI specifically the workspace and tool icons aren't at par with Illustrator. Maybe it's Corel's way of differentiating its product from their competitor, but from a consumer standpoint - having to deal with very unfamiliar icons is a hurdle that deeply affects workflow and productivity. A user would have to relearn and familiarise themselves with an almost totally different set.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

William C.
Company size: Self Employed

2019 the year CorelDraw became Company standard.

Reviewed on 18/10/2019

Overall CorelDraw plays with the big boys as far as capability, functionality, and small learning curve. I've been a user of the Corel Suites for quite sometime but never made the complete switch. It was always a secondary program. This year 2019 I decided to completely switch over to the full Corel Technical Suite line and I'm completely satisfied with the switch.

Pros

If you are coming from Adobe Illustrator Corel allows you to set your workspace exactly the same as Illustrator which makes for no learning curve at all. You'll find all the same resources and tools as Illustrator. You actually own your copy of the program so that when next years version comes out you aren't forced to upgrade. I have been using 2016 version of the program until 2019 when I upgraded to newest version.

Cons

I don't dislike anything about the program at all. It has all the same features and benefits as the Adobe suite.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

coreldraw - perfect for layouts

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

we use it for layouting plans, text and renderings. as soon as one understands how the software works one can produce great layouts within short amounts of time.

Pros

powerful tool when it comes to layouting plans, text and renderings. images are referenced, so any change of the image is also done within corel, which is great and saves a lot of time. we created a number of templates, so for different uses like presentations, competitions we use different templates. this saves time and energy to concentrate on the quality of the work displayed. with many export options, nearly any professional software can be addressed, like photoshop or illustrator.

Cons

the price. corel draw is a professional software, with very deep and complex workflows and possibilities, this comes with a price.

Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

“Awesome Graphic Designing Software”

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 26/4/2020

CorelDRAW is an excellent software that I used for a long time for my graphic designing work. I use this to design advertisements, logos, leaflets, and greeting cards for my university clubs and all. This software is really extraordinary and capable to make something beyond expectations. I highly recommend this software to use u all who interested in graphic designing.

Pros

CorelDRAW is capable to use easily and I like the extraordinary features it has. Fast opening of design projects is one of the features I like in this software. It consists of perceptive tools which lead this software for fast opening. When we want to prepare posters, brochures, and cards immediately, we can begin it with accessible templates without beginning it from scratch. CorelDRAW consists of the tab which gives hints and tips when designing. Hence that feature was very useful to me when my beginning period for graphic designing. CorelDRAW software is obvious to use in vector drawing than other software. Some amazing features I love to use this software are consists of shaping docker which gives an enormous usage, having blur feature, ability to create fresh designs, multi-monitoring facility, curving ability, make ease of use with training videos it has and the ability to search fonts and filtering. Try and figure out these amazing features of this software!

Cons

In my opinion, there are not many disadvantages in this software. This software is a bit expensive and some people cannot afford it. Sometimes it is difficult to learn the functions in this software for beginners. In my computer sometimes CorelDRAW software is lagging when using it. I hope these downsides will recover in the new version.

Karima Z.

The best Graphic program

Reviewed on 30/3/2019

I work day by day with graphic design, logos and website composition and I have costumers consistently simply requesting a design or something and I utilize this software to make an item concurring their necessities

Pros

the software is straightforward and instinctive; I can work with vector apparatus, import and alter pictures in like manner to my structure attributes. I can embed text styles and alter them just as clasp craftsmanship to supplement my plan. What I like most is every one of the highlights are on one suite, they're not isolated on a few applications.

Cons

I like the software simply as is it, it have a few insights concerning how overwhelming can get the records to process for the PC once I've been taking a shot at, this detail can finish on an accident disappointment at times when the PC doesn't have the capacities for the measure of the document made.

Iqra Z.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Best and Professional Graphic Design Software

Reviewed on 15/6/2020

I am using CorelDRAW since 2009 and I am really satisfied and happy with CorelDRAW. Sometimes I design vectors for my business in CorelDRAW and sometimes I edit my images also in this software. I have created a number of brochures designs in CorelDRAW. All panels and tools are awesome. So the software is really incredible.

Pros

CorelDRAW allows you to design a professional vector illustration. You can edit your photos from scratch to the advanced level in CorelDRAW. The tools are very professional and the interface of the software is really easy to use and understand. You can create professional artwork according to your business requirements.

Cons

As I said, I am using the software since 2009, so I never faced any issue or problem in any version of CorelDRAW. For me, every version of the software is really awesome.

Tyler B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

My preferred choice for design

Reviewed on 5/12/2018

Great experience designing everything from documents, to posters, logos, and more

Pros

I know that everyone else in the world uses the Adobe suite of programs from graphic design, but I've been using CorelDraw for years and find it infinitely preferable. The layout of the program and the way various tools work I find to be much more straight forward and intuitive. What I can do in InDesign or Illustrator I can usually do in half the time, in Corel Draw.

Cons

The con with the software is it is not ubiquitous in the industry. If you're working with an organization or a design firm the standard is always Adobe. So unless you're just doing freelance work, and your clients don't have a program preference, you'll probably have to become proficient in additional software.

Asdrúbal javier A.
Company size: Self Employed

Corel is the king of vector programs !!!!!

Reviewed on 26/4/2019

Corel has helped a lot in my work, especially because it has made the flow of the designs easier, it is like cooking and having served the dish, I make my designs I take them to the printing press and if something is missing it is modifiable, that is the most incredible, besides that my designs to be vector do not have that pixelated problem.

Pros

Corel is a very friendly program that I started using for design, one of its great advantages is in its main utility in vector design, this unlike other programs allows you to work with vectors that you can use in designs applied to the print, engravings or embroidery, which makes it much better than pixel-based programs.

I like it also because it is in Spanish and any operating system reads it, I am impressed to be working in Linux with Corel it is very important that it can work for different operating systems this gives a great plus, you can perform incredible and professional actions as design; of logos, cards and is a program that uses much the printers so it makes the post easy

Cons

Actually I am very happy with this program however I can point out things that are given by my experience, sometimes it can limit you, being a strictly design tool it may not work with photographs or graphics of images, also another of the things that I see is deficient the fact that it tends to be labeled when a design is very complex, so I think a twist is necessary.

Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

CorelDraw is the best graphic design program available!

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

CorelDRAW is a brilliant program that I use for every advert graphic that I need to do for my online business. I utilize this program daily and cannot live without it. This product is truly exceptional.

Pros

This is a useful asset with regards to laying out plans, text and pictures. Everythig can be done within CorelDraw which is incredible and saves a ton of time. I have used this program for a few of my businesses and just love the ease of us This is my go to program and could not use anything else. I also like that there are loads of easy to follow tutorials to help us.

Cons

There is nothing I really dislike about this program only that it takes a bit of time to get used. It is a bit behind it's competitors though.

Industry: Religious Institutions

Better than Illustrator for in house work

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

Manipulating images for various media is criticial - images for posters, emails, flyers, display screens etc all need different aspect ratios. We can easily resize, rearrange to optimize for each platform - switching from landscape to portrait - while keeping the look and feel consistent

Pros

The powerful ability to edit all types of images is amazing. I find it much more intuitive and easier to use than Illustrator.

Cons

Does not play nicely with other products. Exporting to/importing from Adobe creates/removes layers/outlines etc.

Varun J.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Best for designing almost anything...

Reviewed on 10/3/2020

I am happy to use Coreldraw and I will definitely recommend this. It is a part of business / life now and we consider it as a earning partner. We design - print and sell almost anything.

Pros

I have been using Corel from more than 3 years and I must admit that this is the best software for anyone who is into designing and printing industry. We rely on Corel for all our designing / drawing needs and it never failed us till date. One needs to understand it thoroughly / the way it works and after that everything is a piece of cake.

Cons

It can be complicated for beginners but that how everything / any newbie is.

Bukola S.

Everyones favorite drawing tool.

Reviewed on 1/7/2018

Pros

Very intuitive user interface and the first drawing design tool I learned to use.
Provides me every feature I need to create impressive ,quality drawings. It has particularly been useful when I need to create logos or any other vector based drawings. I leverage on Corels SHAPE TOOL to correct any errors and shortcomings in my drawings using nodes. I also like Corels text tool for their typographic quality , allowing me play around with texts..

Cons

Has a long learning curve ,it takes continuous practice and updating of ones repertoire to become an advanced user of this tool.

Mike L.
Industry: Restaurants

Corel Draw Review

Reviewed on 10/9/2020

This is great for me as a small business to be able to do in-house advertising by myself.

Pros

I like the versatility of this product and all the features it provides. Price point is perfect for what you get.
The resource for support are excellent. I like the feature to be able to modify Adobe products in Corel.

Cons

Products need to be accepted more widely in the advertising and media industries

Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

My Experience On CorelDRAW

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

I am an undergraduate Engineering student and I have to draw many designs which is related to my academic stuff. So this corelDRAW software provides me the opportunity for doing the drawings well in a professional way. It is very easy ti handle. So I highly recommend anyone to use this software. Thank You.

Pros

I am an undergraduate Engineering student. So in my academic stuff I have to draw some drawings related to my designs. This CorelDRAW software gives me a good platform to complete my drawings well because it is very easy to handle and also I have all the requirements to do my drawing well.

Cons

I am using this corelDRAW software for more than two years but I did not get any problem when I am using this.

Edgar R.

It is the easiest to use professional graphic design tool, it is one of the best

Reviewed on 6/3/2018

It has allowed me to prepare poster for congresses and the edition of books in publications of the electoral field

Pros

the best the vectorization system, is very precise and presents a great variety of options for the automatic digitalization, the program in general is very simple to use and the help system located to the left of the work window is excellent

Cons

it is very slow working with heavy files, in the edition of books it is very uncomfortable to work if you have more than 100 pages, this is a detail that is necessary to correct

Corel Draw really is kind of a swiss army knife in graphics.

Reviewed on 9/3/2018

I have been working for more than 20 years now with this software through several updates and upgrades. Without Corel Draw I would have had to learn more inconvenient programs which by the way don't offer better end results.

Pros

Corel Draw gives you the opportunity to create high-quality graphics content at a reasonable price. The software supports industry standard outputs of data for web development standard offset print products up to large format digital printing data.
I have not seen another piece of software that has a working area similar to Corel Draw.
Perfect for sign-making.

Cons

I am working with Corel Draw since version 3 and must say I didn't find a negative aspect in all the years. When it came to a complaint by my side i often had to admit that it was simply a user error.
On the other hand updates to fix bugs and errors were always done precisely by the software manufacturer.

Peter B.
Industry: Fine Art
Company size: Self Employed

CorellDraw is a jack of all trades

Reviewed on 14/4/2019

For certain integrated type projects where no one component of the Adobe suite will do it all, CorelDraw is a nice option as you can work a bit faster.

Pros

The CorelDraw that you remember from elementary school is all grown up and should not be overlooked! CorelDraw is a 'Jack of all trades' that can do the tasks of photoshop, illustrator, and indesign in one convenient application! For certain projects I have found this to be very convenient and increase my efficiency and workflow

Cons

If you are used to using Adobe you will need to learn a few new shortcuts etc. that aren't as intuitive as I would have liked. Like all graphics and photo editors it is a bit of a resource hog, so be sure that your computer has the horsepower to run it smoothly. Lastly, CorelDraw suffers from the problem of all "Jack of all trades" type software; CorelDraw winds up being "a master of none". This makes CorelDraw reasonably flexible, but for specific tasks the Adobe suite (photoshop, illustrator, indesign) are still king.

Utkarsh S.

Faded Glory

Reviewed on 30/7/2019

I have used Corel to create a lot of artworks and logos and have really loved it. It would always have a special place in my heart even though I am not using it enough nowadays. There are very few people in my industry that still use it which makes it difficult to share editable files.

Pros

This was the first vector tool I have used, even before illustrator and it was just amazing. It has got everything I needed to create vector and illustrations. The best part was that it was a lot easier to use as compared to Adobe Illustrator. The node editing tool has the best controls in any vector software. The performance was also pretty decent even though I use a basic computer.

Cons

There were a couple of things that they could have improved to retain their market position. They lacked image editing tools that were far better in the competitor softwares. The image tracing was also not as good as it was in illustrator. I also feel they should really work on the shortcuts and make them more user-friendly.

Pavan D.

Best Practice for Logo design

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

I am using this software since last 2 year.I have crated a lot of logos, banners, images with this software.I enjoyed to work with utility.

Pros

For a text designed logo this is the remarkable software. It helps to create stylish banners and brochures with additional features.

Cons

Some times it does not respond when I used it for long that may be because of my system configuration. Apart from it I didn’t get any cons in this software

Tamilore A.
Industry: Writing & Editing

CorelDRAW for graphic designers

Reviewed on 10/9/2020

Using CorelDRAW was great and simplified for beginners. It is quite a large file, but it won't clog your system. You just need to have a good PC and you're good to go.

Pros

I was going to start graphic designING early last year, and I used corel draw to practice. It was fun, eat to use and allows your creativity. CorelDRAW comes with many features like the shape button, bitmaps, effects, pencils, colour pallettes and many more graphic functions. I was able to learn the entire system in less than two months. So it is beginner friendly. You can use core draw to design logos and animate commercials. I don't know if it can be used to create a cartoon- I never tried to do that.

Cons

I would like if I could create a more realistic animation, rather than use shapes and other basic features to create characters. Using coreldraw allowed me to develop logos for my business and some of my friends. But for realistic animation, I don't think CorelDRAW is cut out for that.

Industry: Construction

Amazing Product

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

Pros

CorelDRAW really blows my mind. I use this product daily to express my creativity. There are so many things you can create and explore with this application. It runs smooth and quick. Customer service is great and there are also plenty of learning videos out there if you just can't figure something out. I can create masterpieces with this!

Cons

Nothing, it's so amazing. It's so user friendly.

Tony R.
Industry: Graphic Design

An outstanding choice for graphic designer

Reviewed on 23/4/2020

Pros

This software comes with highly advance function and features for a graphic designer, from vector drawing to free transform and gradient, the user interface is highly customizable and it doesn't take too much time for a person to learn everything about this software.

Cons

There are some tools that not customizable and hard to use and there's no replacement for them. Also, this is not a free software, it is required to pay a decent amount of fee in order to use this software.

John H.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Awesome design program

Reviewed on 6/3/2019

I've used CorelDRAW for years. It took me a little while to learn, but it does have a certain "language" that makes sense, and once you learn the basics, the rest comes naturally. It's a beautiful product with some pretty incredible tools built in. A must if you are in the sign business.

Pros

There are some features in this software that are just genius! It's efficient. It makes it easy to create beautiful art quickly. Best of all, you can make vector!

Cons

This is probably just a discrepancy in what the program was designed to be used for, and what I am trying to do with it, but some of the tools and presets just don't look as smooth as some of the adobe tools (shadows, etc...). It's also a huge program, so it takes a while to learn it.

Muhammad azharudin A.
Industry: Computer Games

Nice vector graphics editor

Reviewed on 9/11/2020

My experience is quite good when using CorelDRAW to create game assets in the game I created.

Pros

The advantage of CorelDRAW is that it is lighter than other products with more features. CorelDRAW doesn't take up much RAM.

Cons

The appearance between users in CorelDRAW is a little difficult to understand for new users of Corel DRAW.

Michele S.
Industry: Internet

There was a fight the software should have tried to win ...

Reviewed on 8/1/2020

I started with CorelDRAW because at that point (some years ago) it was the best software to draw freehand but in few years I realized another software was going to be the best also in the drawing. I thought the best thing to do was (and it is) to be able to produce using the most popular and professional to always be competitive

Pros

The software was perfect to me to draw freehand. This was going to happen 10 years ago but that was a time when all the software were in the middle of the battle to rule in a specific context and at that point CorelDRAW had the best opportunity to win!

Cons

The software never surprised with a deep change to evolve and to be ready to dive into this next generation we are leaving (since 2012ish)

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10