Great Park Inspection Software
If your tired of filling out papers while performing park inspections, then this is the program for you. It's much easier (and a time saver) to complete your inspections with the phone app. The questions can be customized to fit your particular need and you can attach photos if needed. The learning curve is very easy with A! customer support. Make sure you upload data only when connected to a WIFI . The program works well on my small smart phone screen but a larger screen or tablet would cut down on scrolling. I've used the program for over a year and love it.
Easy to Use and Great Support
Overall, a pretty good experience. Some difficulty understanding how best to set it up without Hot-to manuals but my past experience in mobile inspection solutions and electronic permit tracking solutions made the transition a bit easier. The number of cons outweighs the number of pros below but certainly does not reflect how much we find this app helpful to inspection staff.
Security of the data that is saved.
Your support is quick and responsive.
1. in desktop, it is not very easy to navigate from inspections to permit management. We find that managing contact emails from within inspection screen is not possible.
2. Inspector's name is not sent from CR to iCity's inspection.
3. A hard copy is saved to iCity but it is buried deep so that user needs to navigate through several windows to find the report.
4. No way to generate a summary list of today's scheduled inspections.
5. On the desktop, "enter" on keyboard should trigger "Find".
6. Need to be able to default questions to a permit type, not to he generic inspection type. I'll use Final Inspection for example' a house permit and a pool enclosure permit will each have a Final inspection. But the checklist questions are completely different and unrelated. As such, I need two different Final inspections each with different checklists. But they both point to the same iCity inspection called final. If CityReporter had the ability to define the list of questions applicable to it from the permit type level, then there would only need to have one Final inspection type instead of one for House Final and one for Pool Final. (and Deck Final, Barn Final, Shed Final, Plumbing Final, etc.) Examples of other inspections that have similar names but completely different questions (all standard) are Framing (House, Deck), Footing (conventional, shallow, pier), etc. I'm not sure how I am going to be able to resolve this.
Very Useful Application
This application has allowed our city to compose checklists and maintain records for the safety inspections of playground equipment in our parks. The checklists are easy to use and include pre-prepared general documents, which are customizable to suit our needs. The documents are easy to read and manipulate as needed, and the application works easily from both the office, as well as in the field with handheld devices. The product is reasonably priced and the customer support is excellent. We have been using the product for several years now, and we are very satisfied!
Time Saver for Park Inspections
Before City Reporter, staff was doing paper inspections that sometime got lost, or not done on a timely basis. Staff is able to use a tablet or their smart phone to do the inspections. With City Reporter, Management has been able to track the inspections, create punch list and verfiy completion of repairs and schedule maintenance as needed.
The Operations Manager receives a weekly fault report to generate work orders.
Besure to take the time during set up on the back side to make sure you have included all the different assests that you wanting to track.
More than Inspection Software
City Reporter has been a huge asset to our small Facilities department. It has forced us to do inspections on sites that have been over looked in the past. The ease of use by the inspector and ability to track deficiencies is great. The customer service has been great always there when we have had any issues. Being able to customize the inspections is one of the best features. It took us a while to be able to dedicate the time to set up initially but after that its been great.
My department has been using CityReporter for several months now. Customer service has always been prompt and helpful, and when we did the free trial they made sure that we got the most out of it. The program has totally streamlined how we do our parks inspections, and has made it much easier for the parks coordinator to communicate any issues to me so we can respond quickly and efficiently.
Review of City Reporter
Everything is working great since the last update. I find the system very user friendly. Changing forms to make them fit my needs was very simple you don't have to be a computer geek it use City Reporter. All our foreman use the system and took less than 15 minutes to train and since most of them still have trouble with cell phones that was very impressive.
Park Inspection Software
City Reporter park inspection software has streamlined our playground inspections. Staff no longer used paper inspections, and because it's so easy to use it has made it a lot easier for staff to stay organized and keep up with the inspections. Thank you City Reporter for a great product!
Solid Reporting app and great service
We use the Cityreporter app to do our playgroud inspections and have found it to be a valuable tool. It is very easy to use and has quickly been mastered by those staff who have limited experience when it comes to technology. The customer service we have received right from training to ongoing support has also been fantastic.
parks an sports feilds
This is a very fast an easy way to keep track of ur day to day tasks as well as any problems u have along the way! Great for monthly checks an reports for any type of job. From large scale to small towns its a handy tool for supervisors an directors in any municapality.