My Hours

Time tracking on projects and tasks for small teams

4.9/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.7/5

Roeland
Roeland

Out of competition

Reviewed on 27/7/2022

Good, don't want to change it.

Good, don't want to change it.

Pros

We are using My Hours for more than 5-6 years now. Used the paid and the free version. Both do compell exactly to our expections. You want to invoice a customer per project, per hour, per period, as consultancy, per... you can choose. Reporting is easy and accurate.

Cons

Sometimes total hours versus decimal results are not 1 on 1 but you can't make an egg square also...

Jaimie
Jaimie

Great time tracker!

Reviewed on 2/8/2023

Pros

I love the ease-of-use with the time tracker and the ability to review all time tracked each week. It helps me easily put together my invoices at the end of each month.

Cons

The Reports dashboard is a little confusing and could be improved.

Juliette
  • Industry: Design

Buggy but does what it needs to

Reviewed on 15/7/2019

Pros

It lets me record time for multiple team members on multiple projects for multiple clients. I like the stop/start timer function, as well as the option to input the start/stop times manually, or even JUST input the number of minutes spent.

Cons

Recently the reporting functionality was changed and now it has become more difficult to pull a report on a single client's hours and projects. You have to pull a FULL report of everything and parse through each section to find what you are looking for. MUCH preferred how this feature worked BEFORE. Preferred the graphics, the circle charts to the bar graphs as well.

Overall the software is often buggy and mis-records hours if you use the timer function, sometimes adding an additional 24 hours into the time period.

Response from Spica

Hi Juliette,

thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it!

Please contact us at [email protected] to help you with the new reporting. It is still possible to download the report in the same way as before.

Best wishes,
My Hours Team

Elizabeth

Is makes it easier to track my work hours

Reviewed on 25/3/2024

Pros

Is very user friendly and easy to track all my work hours and other small projects

Cons

The upgrades are not always be best and is hard to figure out sometimes

Virlene
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Good and easy app to use

Reviewed on 26/3/2024

Pros

Easy time tracking and easy correction when making mistakes.

Cons

Not able to select multiple tasks in one time frame

Hubertus
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Single User of My Hours

Reviewed on 28/3/2024

I am using it constantly and it is exactly what I was looking for: a powerful time management program that allows me to create accurate billing reports & invoices.

Pros

This product does exactly what I need it to do: keep track of time I am spending on various tasks for different projects. It also allows me to create custom reports that I use for billing purpose. I selected this product due to it's flexibility and ease of use.

Cons

Nothing I can think of, everything works as expected.

James

Quick and easy time recording

Reviewed on 26/3/2024

Pros

Project and task selection - and associated time booking is easy
Copying previous week's tasks (but not time) helps prep each week
Allocating team to projects and tasks works well

Cons

The billable/non-billable setup is not quite there for me
Reporting (on free version) not the best - but export and Excel works fine in its place!

Rebecca
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Fantastic time tracking app

Reviewed on 27/3/2024

Pros

As a self employed Architect, My Hours allows me to track my hours across projects and tasks which enables me to both reflect on the reality of time spent on projects/tasks versus predicted, and to time charge clients for particular tasks.

Cons

I've not come across anything yet that I dislike

Natalie
  • Industry: Events Services

Gives me peace of mind

Reviewed on 27/3/2024

I have had a Great experience so and hope to continue to use

I have had a Great experience so and hope to continue to use

Pros

Very user friendly and quick, love using this product

Cons

I haven't found anything just yet that I dont like

Bora
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

User friendly, simple and very useful

Reviewed on 26/3/2024

Pros

User friendly, simple and very useful. I recommend this website.

Cons

User friendly, simple and very useful. I recommend this website.

Frank

My Hours delivers a clean consistent user interface with an impressive and affordable feature...

Reviewed on 27/7/2022

Using My Hours delivers a rewarding and pleasant experience to the otherwise mundane task of time tracking and reporting.

Pros

The interface to enter hours by project and task with tags either manually or automatic time tracking.
The clean crisp appearance, the configurability, as well as the customization capabilities of the Activity Report.

Cons

Sometimes I have to think a bit on how to switch time tracking modes, for example from the daily time log to the weekly timesheet view.

TimeCamp, TopTracker, Clockify and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing My Hours

The increased cost of the other product became prohibitive. The search for an replacement time tracking solution was due to the new pricing structure of QuickBooks Time.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to My Hours

The ability manage time tracking by project, tasks, and tags. The ability generate pdf activity reports. The easy to use and intuitive interface for entering billable time by client and project. The affordability, as well as the modern, professional and elegant interface of all the features compared to the others products that I trialed led to an easy decision to move forward with My Hours. After several months of use, I am very pleased with my decision.
Claude Real
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Great products and I recommend, but some improvement needed

Reviewed on 28/7/2022

My main use for this software is for my Graphic Designer business, but I recently started to use it also with my second job as IT Business Analyst and I can say, as an analyst, that the product is well design and simple. Once the mobile version is fixed and the ability to connect via API is rendered available, I think this product could be perfect for any company, at least in IT and Graphic Design.

Pros

The ability to enter the time online is a great plus. The tracking of time by project, client, tasks, etc. is really accurate and really helps to do a better management of hours per project and helps a lot for the billing of customers.

Cons

The interface is really bad on mobile devices (mostly cellphones). On tablets it's not so bad, but cellphone really need a major improvement. Also, and I want to indicate that it may be a lack of knowledge on my part, but I still haven't found the ability to connect to the software using an API to connect with a Payroll system.

David
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Great tool!

Reviewed on 24/7/2019

Tracking time is so easy on this app and program. The software works concurrently between my phone and my computer. It is very easy to manage all of my customers and my time on each project. My customers like my time reporting on their billing, it helps them see how my time was actually spent. It helps me see when I am productive and when I am not.

Pros

Very detailed
Nice time reports
Rigid, yet flexible time tracking
Customization per customer
Noting what I am actually working on during the time being tracked
Works on my phone and my computer

Cons

Reporting is a little tricky
Can not customize reports

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to My Hours

I like keeping my time tracking separated from my accounting software. Accounting is so strict; with a separate application I can tune my billing if needed.
Helena
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Free, Easy to use & customize

Reviewed on 15/7/2019

I've used My Hours for 9 years and have turned several other contractors over to this software because of the ease of use, functionality AND if you missed starting the clock then you can go back in and set it afterwards. It's accurate and so very simple to use.

Pros

I just love how simple this is and has all the functions/categories I need. I have several clients so this makes it even better. It's also easy to export out for billing purposes.

Cons

I didn't like how it USED TO BE hard to set up a project and a task but this has been updated and work great.

Toggl Track

Reasons for Switching to My Hours

My Hours seemed so straight forward and easy to navigate around. It was the right fit for me!
David
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Flexible and reliable time tracking for multiple projects

Reviewed on 20/5/2021

Overall I find it easy to log in to MyHours at the start of my work day and to jump between tasks.
I rely on the reporting to complete my company monthly timesheet which insists on me entering a % of my time spent on each project and task.

Pros

- Easy to start and stop time recording
- Ability to continue tracking time of tasks from earlier in the day or week
- ability to report the % of my monthly time spent at both project and task level

Cons

- in Dashboard report, no way to display a column for % time for tasks inside each project. (I have requested this feature multiple times but you are ignoring me!) The dashboard bar charts DO show % but the table below listing tasks and projects does not and cannot be customized. My employer needs % time use on each task, and currently I need to manually calculate!
- in the latest UI, the 'Start new' button starts recording time against an 'empty' record. I am forced to open it and add details. What I want it to do is exactly the same as the '+ Add time log' button. That is, open the editor for me to enter Project, task, etc, and only start recording time when I click the blue 'Add time log' button.
- - in the latest UI, when I '+ Add time log' , I want the editor to close immediately after I click the blue 'Add time log' button, to save space of the screen. (It is unlikely users want to add multiple time logs one after the other.)
- in the latest UI, the blue 'Add time log' button (below the editor) should be renamed "Add and Start" to make it obvious that time recording will start.
- the 'Favorite log' feature is non-intuitive and clunky. Suggest adding a simple 'star' icon to each task which I can click to make it a favorite. OR on the Edit time log dialog, add a 'star' icon I can click
- when I 'Add a favourite time log', I want the editor to close immediately, to save space of the screen. (It is unlikely users want to add multiple favorites one after the other.)

Melanie
  • Industry: Accounting

Some very good bits & 1 or 2 niggles

Reviewed on 15/7/2019

Our old time recording system ceased to be supported so we had to find a new one. We looked at lots of alternatives and ran a new one for almost a year but it was dreadful. Lots of systems want to manage your whole practice rather than just log time so finding My Hours was a real relief. We run it alongside Xero and our CRM both of which we didn’t want to change. Apart from niggles as above this has been a great system for us.

Pros

It’s great to be able to log time as you work, whether in the office or in the move. I’m sure being easy to do so means we capture more chargeable hours than we did using our old (very annoying) system.

Cons

Overall this is a great product but I have a few niggles which I hope might get sorted out. I don’t like that time is logged to the second rather than whole minutes or nearest 5 minutes - it makes us look money grabbing. Not being able to set up a new chargeable project without having to go into a more detailed screen is annoying and no longer having a link back to the time record from a time report is slowing us down. I don’t like the time report layout as you have to look for the client name and project name - our old original system included a header with this detail which made for better client presentation.

Vicke

Great product for contractors

Reviewed on 10/2/2022

I used this as a free product for several years. That is something that My Hours makes possible for contractors like me. However, last year they ran a good deal and I decided the product was worth paying for. It would be good if there was a tiered pricing system so that sole contractors purchase the product for much less than a larger company that uses all the features.

Pros

As a sole-proprietor contractor who has a fixed fee per job rather than per hour, I do not use a tenth of the capability of this product. However, part of my license requirements is to keep a log of my time by assignment. This product makes that easy. I can set up multiple projects with multiple clients in just a few minutes. And managing my time recording for multiple projects a day is simple. I'd also like to commend this product for continuous advancements in capability and ease of use.

Cons

There are a few things that I either don't understand or don't work exactly like I think they will. For example, I would like my preplanned task list to show up in a specific order when I set up a new project, but I couldn't figure out how to get them in the order I wanted them. I should just contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT], because the few times I've needed help she has always managed to get me sorted out.

Cathi
  • Industry: Biotechnology

My Hours Highly Recommended for Time Tracking and Invoicing!

Reviewed on 12/8/2023

I've been using My Hours for over 3 years. Anytime I've had issues, questions or requests, I've been able to chat with the Help staff and ALWAYS receive a prompt response and resolution to my question/issue. I find it to be intuitive and very user friendly - and creates administrative efficiencies so that I can focus on the actual work! Great value for the price!

Pros

I am an independent consultant and use My Hours daily to track my work time for several clients. I am able to create tasks specific to my work/industry and thus can track HOW I spend my time for each client. Additionally, I can easily and efficiently generate invoices at the end of each month and attach detailed reports to detail my work.

Cons

I'd like to be able to generate an invoice with the corresponding detail/report in one go. Currently, I generate the detailed or dashboard report separately, PDF it and attach it as back-up to the corresponding invoice.

CHERI
  • Industry: Design

Could not do my job without MyHours

Reviewed on 15/7/2019

My Hours saves me a ton of time tracking projects (I used to do it manually). And because I'm a one person show, cost is a big factor...free for me is great.

Pros

I'm a freelance graphic designer so I don't need to worry about a team of people, but I do need an easy and inexpensive way to keep track of my time by project. My Hours makes it easy to assign multiple tasks to multiple projects. I also like that I can organize reports by client or project. I use the free version and it's great. I also like that I can edit my time if needed (ie, I forget to start or stop the clock).

Cons

I often have the same task name for projects, but for different clients (ie, brand guidelines or datasheet). If I go in to create a new task, and it happens to have the same name as the task for another client, it says "task name already created" and I have to go to a different screen to enable this task to be assigned to the project I want. It would be easier if it just gave me a warning screen (like, "task name already exists, apply to this project anyway?").

Response from Spica

Hi Cheri,

Thanks a lot for this valuable feedback, we appreciate your effort! Good to hear we could help you save some time!

Hopefully, we will be able to save you another minute or two by implementing your suggestion in the future! :)

Have a good day,
My Hours Team

Tohmm
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

My Hours - You've Got My Back

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

My accounting and knowing where I am is much improved and it just feels much more professional and convincing when I can have a digital record. Support is *Awesome* as I said above. We are on different continents, and sometimes the time change gets in the way but it's never been a big deal. I used to do my timekeeping on paper for speed; then I was on a spreadsheet that a friend cooked up, but.. it was too convoluted and took too much time. This takes time as well but not as much and I find it more user-friendly.. Thanks..

Pros

I like that it's easy to use. Once you set it up, inputting project info, specific tasks, and hourly rates, you just need to open it up and go. I just list my projects alphabetically, so it's easy to enter in the project. I have a pretty complete list of tasks for each project, and of course the times are at your fingertips so all that info gets loaded in quickly and recorded. I love the fact that I can take the raw data and quickly get the month's hours and billable amounts right away. Also..support is awesome! Just sayin'...

Cons

There have been times when I couldn't figure out how to add a task to a project, but that's probably me and not the program. Small thing but if you are inputting info from say, two weeks ago, and you go to say reports for a second, then back to projects..it doesn't go back to the page two weeks ago, it goes to today's page. So you end up putting two weeks ago info on today's sheet if you are not careful. Easy to rectify by changing the date on 'edit' but still a pain..

Brad
  • Industry: Media Production

Great time tracking app for creatives.

Reviewed on 2/11/2021

MyHours is our go to app in the studio to track time for projects and tasks. It is very useful when it comes time to bill our clients fort the hours worked - and our clients really appreciate a comprehensive breakdown of the hours worked on daily, weekly and monthly basis.

Pros

I appreciate how I can easily login and start tracking the time for each project and task I undertake in a day. I like how you can create the client categories, project names and link this to the actual person you are doing the work for - which is really helpful when juggling multiple projects in the day or week. The ability to download the reports is also very helpful when it comes to billing the client for hours worked. The weekly MyHours snapshot email is also useful to gain an overview of hours worked in the previous week.

Cons

There is not much to dislike about this software as it is set-up to be user-friendly and has great features. I did find the previous online interface a little easier to use than the new interface - but they may just be because I got so used to using previous version before the change. The new interface has a bit more of a learning curve to figure out where everything is and how it functions.

Matt
  • Industry: Wholesale

Awesome productivity tool!

Reviewed on 15/7/2019

Awesome App. I use it all day at least 5 days per week. Highly recommended.

Awesome App. I use it all day at least 5 days per week. Highly recommended.

Pros

The free version has enough for most users.

I use it to track what aspects of my job I am spending my time on. This helps answer the question: How much of your time would you say you spend on task X?

Basic charts show you exactly where you are spending time. Generating that awareness also helps me to utilize my time more effectively. The visibility tends to make a person waste less time, as they are accountable to the App to log it somewhere useful. I've recommended this for that purpose to several of my colleagues.

Cons

Sometimes a few more clicks than necessary to enter the times.

The Now +/- feature is awesome, but manually keying in times like 11:35 AM to 1:00 PM manually is a lot of buttons and possibly could be a little easier with some basic data entry tools. Maybe 2 +/- buttons? One for 5 min, one for 30 min or 1 hour?

Joe

Use it as a single user and I love it!

Reviewed on 17/8/2017

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of setting up projects and selecting projects for time entry. I love the different settings for time entry also, the 'standard' way and the quick mode. I also like how I can automatically assign tasks to every new project, that is so helpful! Overall, I think the architects and developers have done a great job making this software simple, powerful and easy to use! The user experience is phenomenal and I'm not overloaded with options!

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it seems as though it has trouble loading sometimes and "hangs", especially when I modify a time entry. It feels like the server is undergoing maintenance and it has trouble connecting. It's not often and this hasn't deterred me from using it, but it is the first negative attribute that comes to mind. Also, I wish the software had a feature to report and track time in decimal notation.

Response from Spica

Dear Joe,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear our Free plan is valuable to your work. :)

We did have a few technical mishaps in the past which is why we upgraded to a state of the art cloud hosting service. We are working hard on making your My Hours experience as flawless as possible.
However, if you do notice any strange behavior or you would like to make a suggestion such as the decimal notation you mentioned, please, do not hesitate to email us at [email protected].
We take user suggestions very seriously and providing good support is very important to us.

Thanks again and happy tracking,
The My Hours Team

Kirk
  • Industry: Government Administration

Solid product that is easy to incorporate into the organization

Reviewed on 20/5/2021

Happy with the software and the way it works for my organization. I was up and running in less than an hour and the software easily adapts to meet my changing needs.

Pros

This product is easy to use, set up and incorporate into the daily functions of the organization. Technology is solid and accessible. The mobile app allows you to connect anywhere as well.

Cons

You cannot sort the time log in reverse chronological order. I cannot always use the state/stop feature so I manually enter my times. I work on projects each day and have to scroll through till the end to see where my entries end.

Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to My Hours

Functionality and price point.
Matt
  • Industry: Media Production

My Hours is essential for a freelancer who needs to keep track of time on projects

Reviewed on 27/7/2022

Pros

It has simplified and modernised the process of time tracking on projects for me. Being able to create separate projects and associate them with particular clients helps me quote for future work more effectively and ensure I'm invoicing the correct amount on project completion. Being able to separate specific tasks is also helpful. As a video editor it's very easy to lose track of time on projects, so I wouldn't be without this software moving forward.

Cons

I haven't taken the time to learn about all of the features available so can't say much. However the only thing I would say is the interface does appear a little confusing sometimes, particularly when I'm looking at reports for particular clients. Sometimes I have reports saying projects have billable hours and others don't and I don't really know what I've done to enable this. Maybe that's why I haven't dug deeper as of yet.