Rain Point of Sale

All-In-One Retail POS | Sell Online & In Store Seamlessly

4.2 /5 (71 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
Holly V.

Disappointed

Reviewed on 17/11/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It was a rough year and a half trying to operate a business with that many mistakes from their side.

Pros

I liked that the website and the inventory were combined. That people could see in real time what we had in stock and purchase online. That was nice and was one of the main features of why we went with Rain originally.

Cons

We spent a lot of time and money on Rain POS. It was the first online computer software company we ever used for point of sale. I spent an entire year in 2017 logging our entire inventory, coming up with pricing and pictures and history on every item. We went live in 2018 and by April 2019 we were done with the contract side and we closed out the point of sale side by the end of that year. Their inconsistences within the contract module were too high. And every time we called in to tech support, all they could tell us what that there was a "glitch" in the system and they couldn't fix it within a timely manner. I really felt like I was losing the trust of my customers because of Rain's mistakes.

Response from Rain Retail Software

Holly, thank you for taking time to share your experience with our POS software. Here at Rain, our main objective is helping small businesses like yours succeed, so the fact that you found us to be detrimental to your store is disheartening. We've been busy in the 12 months since you cancelled and have greatly improved our rent-to-own module. If you like, please contact us to see those enhancements.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Sam G.

Like Sew POS Review

Reviewed on 30/1/2020

Overall we are happy with Rain/Like Sew. It gives us an easy to manage Web front end for our store that behind the scenes in completely integrated with our Brick & Mortar operation. Improvements are still needed in many areas - the system is a work in progress regularly rolling our new and improved functionality.

Pros

We bought it for the seamless integration of Web and Brick & Mortar inventory management, sales and ease of use. It works very well for this purpose.

Cons

It is ultimately POS and Inventory Management software with little Accounting functionality. Daily exports to QuickBooks or other software are required, with additional entries in the accounting s/w to accommodate accounting best practices, Taxes on Receiving orders, billing and other financial tasks not accommodated in Like Sew. There are still some issues with Sales, Shipping and Taxes in Canada, and there is no ability to set up multiple price levels internally

Pheobe K.

An Outstanding POS System

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

I am able to work proficiently with everything except learning how to take my inventory and have it imported to QuickBooks.

Pros

I am able to input inventory into the system in a timely manner.

Cons

I wish Rain Retail system would import my inventory over to QuickBooks. I have to input inventories in the system twice.

Allen B.
Industry: Retail

A small business solution that is a head of the curve

Reviewed on 15/2/2017

We searched for over 3 years for an new point of sale that would fit our needs and allow us to expand in the future. It was important to have a seamless integration of our brick and mortar location and our online store. Rain really shines above all the other options with more functionality at an affordable price. This has allowed us to grow our online presence tremendously to help keep up with the ever growing online sales market. The continued software updates and helpful customer support makes for a personal and dedicated feel to helping our business thrive. We have recommend it to several other businesses and they have been thrilled as well. Thanks Rain!

Pros

Online and Brick and Mortar integration, extensive customer tracking, easy to customize website, efficient product ordering/receiving system

Cons

Updates can be slow to release, lacks a little in the reporting functionality

Miles S.
Industry: Music

Powerful, complete lifestyle upgrade for our business

Reviewed on 15/2/2017

Going from shopkeep (easy to use, not sophisticated enough for us as a music store) to RAIN was a challenge at first (uploading photos and product data, designing new site content, more product data entry, training staff in new roles) but, now that we are a few months in, we are seeing customers benefit from our work and we know we are going in the right direction.
RAIN is on the way to becoming the One Ring That Rules Them All of software that helps small retailers play on the same field as national chains.

Actual seamless pulling in of repair data to the transaction screen, one product data base for your stores and your website store, actual seamless pulling in of layaway payments and special orders to the transaction screen, easily see who is selling what and where.

Actual real effective help with re-order purchasing has helped us control spending in a very noticeable way. Time is saved because we only have to go through product order line items one time , then when it arrives, ONE click updates the cost for that instance and the count received.

Transfer tracking that takes almost no time to use.

Pros

integration

Cons

still developing some features

Mark B.

Great user friendly POS

Reviewed on 21/2/2017

We had a nightmare with our old POS system and had to pretty much start all over with Rain. We are a local business but with tons of inventory. Over 5000 different piece of merchandise. So we were not looking forward to adding all those items again. But Rains interface makes it very easy, anyone can do it. The interface is laid out very simply and everything is right there without having to scroll through pages and pages to find an option you want.

Features like repairs and rentals are also a big plus.

Really the only negative thing I can say is the since it's cloud based you better have good internet or you will lose your register if you lose internet. But that's not Rains fault. Just make sure you have a reliable internet connection or a backup 4G method since you can run the POS from any phone or tablet.

We have had the software for a little less than a year and although we are still adding products from our previous software crash with another company, we are enjoying the new fresh look and feature packed software provided by Rain.

Pros

Tons of features and easy to use.

Cons

To print a receipt there are too many steps. Wish it was easier or less time consuming.

Tawni Y.

Good

Reviewed on 21/1/2020

For the most part, it's pretty good. Hope they continue to develop better reporting capabilities. Some quirks along the way - some get fixed, some they can't explain.

Pros

I like that it integrates inventory between our point of sale and our website. We also like being able to access customers' purchase history.

Cons

Bare bones reporting, i.e. for sales data. Many reports offer zero or very few "drill down" options for specifics.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Peter V.

Seamless Migration from Older POS System

Reviewed on 21/5/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We went with RAIN for a number of reasons. Integration with our website, and in turn, Reverb.com was very important to us. We also liked RAIN's ability to migrate from our antiquated POS so that we had a relatively easy transition. Lastly, being a cloud based system allows our entire staff to work on the system from anywhere.

Cons

At first (about 12 months ago) RAIN was a bit clunky. Navigating was slow, they didn't allow enough pictures for our website, and the search function was not always effective. Also the Reverb integration had growing pains. The thing about RAIN is that they are constantly improving and correcting issues based on their customer's (ours) feedback. At this point the Reverb integration and search functions work perfectly and they now allow unlimited pics on each listing.

Barbara C.

Rain software

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

Now I don't have to physically go and check on inventory, the report tells me what needs to be ordered.

Pros

I love the ease of using it, the reports help out so much. Looking up customers history is a breeze.

Cons

I had trouble with my labels in the printing mode. I use a different size of label than they have on file. Not able to pick my own expatriation date on coupons or add new coupons.

Brian M.
Industry: Sporting Goods

Very functional adaptive website at a competitive price

Reviewed on 16/7/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Easy plug and play design allows for unlimited updates and edits. Add the file and picture storage for customer access and this all in one service is a great solution for small businesses.

Cons

Limited blog post functionality with subscription options, some bugs in the system that have yet to be resolved.

Jana A.
Company size: Self Employed

expanding, they listen to ideas and constantly make improvements

Reviewed on 8/8/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

its comprehensive. online inventory and instore inventory combined...awesome. very intuitive, very good tutorials and help functions.

Cons

none, I like the constant improvements. the only issue is the system randomly converts the default printer between the receipt printer and the label printer.

Valerie S.

Great!

Reviewed on 10/8/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Everyone is always very helpful with questions I have on the software. A great Company to be doing business with!

Cons

It is hard to get pictures the right sizes for site. I make them the size that I have been told and when putting them on the website they are huge.

Skye B.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Hands down the worst customer service

Reviewed on 13/7/2017

My last conversation with them included telling me that they have far too many customers to be able to look into every single error and that the only way they would look into an error is if I can replicate it for them. Let me repeat that: Only if their customer, generally non-I.T. trained people, can figure out what went wrong in their faulty system AND replicate it for them, will they take the time to see if I.T. errors need to be fixed. He literally told me that Rep is innocent until proven guilty. Customer service at its finest. Let that sink in.

Cons

As an advanced user of similar products, things as simple as field mapping is beyond their capabilities. For example, the receipts our customer's receive don't even break out the shipping and taxes, even though there are fields for it. Instead, they just see zeros. If this is too much for them to handle, imagine what else is. We've been waiting for them to fix that for close to a year now.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Chris L.

My initial experience was great. Now that I'm into year 2, not so great. No consistency in data.

Reviewed on 29/5/2018

The ability to link my inventory to my website.

Pros

I like the link between my inventory and the website. The program is somewhat intuitive so the ease of training staff is great.

Cons

Every time there is an update less of my product is picked up by my scanner. Moda inventory is easy than not available; no consistency. There is no easy way other than a bulk download to scan through products and update or delete.

Annette B.

Rain Point of Sale review from the Scuba Diving Industry

Reviewed on 23/2/2017

We switched to Rain POS 2.5 years ago. Customer service has been wonderful. There are some unique parts to our industry that are addressed with this tool, such as a rental program.

We specifically like that the POS and Website are all on the same platform and are easy to update by us. This allows us to easily make changes to our on line shopping tool as well as marketing tools.

We would highly recommend this for small to medium size businesses.

Sherry C.

Frustrating

Reviewed on 26/5/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Misrepresentation of features and merchant pricing.

Pros

Integrated web and store inventory. Adding items once due to integration of web and physical store.

Cons

Cannot create unique reports.
No weekend support.
Lack of urgency by support.
No debit pin pad offered

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Nate C.

Make the switch to Rain!

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

I also love being able to track repairs, replacing our previous hand written system. Priceless.

Pros

Having out POS integrated with our website and Reverb is key for us, especially during recent times of shut down.

Cons

At times the system has quirks that are an annoyance to the user and is a low priority fix for developers.

Noel S.

Noel Saucedo Co-owner

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

I have been a believer ever since i saw them at the Namm show.

Pros

The ease of this software is very important. Being a small business i really don't have an I.T department so you guessed it we all become the I.T department in our office. The templates are easy to fill out and get your online presence ready for your clients.

Cons

The con is not a Rain problem it's not having the time on our side to complete at this moment.

Ande L.

Our thoughts

Reviewed on 22/1/2020

All sales were handwritten, on invoices and then transcribed to a database/ excel sheet for closing out a month; this has made this so streamlined.

Pros

The program is quite intuitive thus making it relatively easy to use. I like the fact that it is cloud based so we can add another register as needed during very busy times. Also the integration between the website and the POS is great for product inventory. General ease of taking physical inventory.

Cons

There are a number of small glitches - ways to accomplish tasks that are not thought all the way through. I get a listing of UPCs from a vendor with my new order of earrings, many are duplicates that we have had. We upload the entire list, the system is not able to recognize duplicates and combine them just keeps adding the new number making physical inventory a nightmare. Customer name search is an "includes" function instead of a "starts with" so an Andy pulls up Sandy, Candy & every Anderson, i no particular order.

Miles S.
Industry: Retail

The future of how small businesses survive

Reviewed on 9/2/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Using this system allows you to provide a customer experience on par with, or even better than, what is expected from a successful business in the 21st.

Pros

Feature laden! and they are still developing more music store specific features! One customer data base, one inventory database. Integrated POS system, integrated Wed Store, integrated repairs system. Then add on: integrated short term rentals, rent to own with auto pay, layaway, email marketing abilities, gift card ability, coupon ability, push products to Reverb ability, create and save quotes under a customer name, track store account balances and apply to transactions, purchasing lists by vendor populated with qty triggered items and with and easy receiving and item costs updating.
Outstandingly responsive customer service!

Cons

Still waiting on the private lesson feature =( But it is in development and it sounds like it will be finished Spring of 2018. Would be great to see invoicing against a quote so I could do school business with schools requiring a PO number on an invoice for payment.

Carolyn I.
Industry: Education Management

very good company to work with

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

I love this company. I've been with them from their initial start in our field of music schools, and they have developed very quickly. They still have a feel of a small company, and I feel like if I need an aspect or tool developed, I have a pretty good chance of being heard and considered.

Pros

The comprehensive nature of having a website, an online store, a point of sale terminal, rental/rent to own terminal makes this a great foundational tool to work with.

Cons

I love the software, but calling customer support, I often get people who don't seem to enjoy helping me. I've had at least 2-3 calls to different technicians ag in a row where I just felt bad for even calling.

Ingrid L.

I love Rain

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Pros

Rain POS has helped me run my business in many ways. Reports are very easy to understand and useful for book keeping and planning. Most of all I love the help Rain offers. They have always been there for me and are so nice, especially when trying to set up my website. I am not a computer genius and don't have to be because I use Rain. In recent events we had to start selling products through our web site. Rain was able to teach me over the phone how to set all of it up, I couldn't be more grateful.

Cons

Most of the time the things that I felt could be improved have been through updates like phone numbers showing on receipts. It shows that they do listen when we ask for improvements.

Sondra K.

We love RAIN POS

Reviewed on 8/12/2020

RAIN was super helpful in transferring our data from our old POS system (TRS) to their system. It has been easy to train staff to use the system. And, RAIN is constantly improving the system by adding new features.

Pros

I love that RAIN POS is not only a point-of-sale system but also integrates with our website. It has been so beneficial to have our products listed and available or sale on our website. During the current pandemic, the website has helped customers discover our product offerings and made it easy for both shipping products and curbside pick-up.

Cons

I can't think of anything I like least!

Kathi M.

Great POS platform - even for beginners! Not intimidating.

Reviewed on 17/6/2018

Inventory reporting, mainly. I just began using the Marketing module and so far, it seems like it will be a real winner and time saver for me!

Pros

I like the data capture feature and the real time aspect of the online merging with the B&M shop. Knowing that what my customer is seeing online is what is actually available is fabulous.

Cons

The sad lack of report query options, particularly in regards to my inventory. I can put notes in if I make an adjustment but can't ever see those notes again. That's a feature I've been asking for for years.

Susan H.

review

Reviewed on 8/2/2020

I no longer complete paper tickets for customer purchases and then need to summarize for taxes.
At the end of a vending sale day, I know how we did with the push of a button.

Pros

end of day Reports and access to information about my inventory

Cons

lack of reports that can help with inventory report submissions to the state