Rain POS

All-In-One Retail POS | Sell Online & In Store Seamlessly

4.2 /5 (77 reviews) Write a Review!

Laura R.

Rain POS for Yarn Stores

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

No point of sale system is perfect. But we are happy with the functionality and effectiveness of Rain. The fact that Rain is continually improving and updating their system has only increased our satisfaction over the years.

Pros

We have used Rain POS (Like Sew) for over five years and are very satisfied with it. We love that our website (recently upgraded by Rain) integrates with our POS, keeping our inventory numbers accurate. The Point of Sale is very user friendly. Reporting is decent. The website is simple to update.

Cons

While there are sometimes reporting issues or technical issues, Rain has an easy process in place to report problems online or by phone, and they are generally responsive in a timely manner. Rain also has a method to make suggestions on how to change or update the POS/website. I appreciate that they are willing to take our suggestions!

I do wish there was a report for Items Received; it would be nice to be able to create custom reports.

The only major issue we have with Rain is when the system crashes - either because our internet goes out (in which case we are able to use our iPads on cellular to ring up customers) or because Rain goes down. Luckily, this is very rare! And when it's Rain's issue, it is usually remedied quickly.

Finally, it would be great if Rain integrated with Sage Accounting software. We have to manually transfer data from Rain's reports into Sage Accounting. This is time consuming.

Lisa W.

LikeSew works for my retail quilt shop

Reviewed on 8/12/2020

The main reason I implemented the POS option was to help me with inventory control. Prior to using POS I didn't know how much inventory was in stock and therefore I was receiving orders for inventory that I didn't have.

Pros

I think the customer service is very good. Recently I wanted my homepage to be updated and revamped. They worked very quickly and efficiently with me to get give it a new look and within a few days I had a website looks very modern and professional. Also, I really like the marketing package. I used the POS for several years before adding the marketing feature. I like the automatic emails that it sends to my customers every week. Also, My website is easier to use from a cell phone now. It's worth paying the extra money for each month.

Cons

I do not like the way the inventory receiving works. It is supposed to be integrated with some of my vendors but doesn't seem to be complete or accurate. Also, I really wish that the email marketing was easier to use and more robust.

Andrea E.

Tons of features packed into one POS system, great customer support.

Reviewed on 27/6/2018

Pros

Rain has tons of features, and for a music store that sells, rents, and repairs instruments, and also does lessons, there are a lot of things we need software for. With Rain, we can do most of it in one place, whereas in the past, we've had to have a system for this, something different for this, and something different for that also. It's a huge time saver and much less confusing to be able to do everything we need to do in one place. And the website is clean and easy to customize. Customer service is super easy to get in touch with and great to work with.

Cons

There are still a few bugs in this software. While the customer support guys are good about listening and working on fixes, there are still some small annoying things. For instance, when you delete a product from the Categories page, it does not direct you back to the Categories page, but rather the Products page. There's also not an easy way to move products into different categories in bulk. You either have to open each product manually, or you have to export the info to a spreadsheet.

Lance R.

Rain POS

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

Pros

This is a great program that integrates a point of sale program with a website store that keep inventory stock levels on the website. The basics functions are easy to use and learn.

Cons

Rain POS needs to make some of the reporting more functional so that you can see product sales easier and for a monthly and yearly sense.

Michael B.

Does what I need and more.

Reviewed on 23/9/2020

Our experience has been excellent. We were up and running the day we opened the doors. This is our first and only experience with POS but I cannot imagine needing anything more. The cloud based system lets me access information from anywhere I have WiFi access. No fear of losing our system due to damage or theft of equipment. Overall I find it very affordable and could not imagine being without Rain POS now.

Pros

The support we received from the rain team in getting started with a POS system. None of my team had any experience with POS and they made the transition easy. We still don’t use all the features available but are adding them to our system gradually. The customer support system is fantastic. The reports available on the system save hundreds of man hours and help us see how our business is doing. The inventory system is a huge help.

Cons

Integration with some Consumer Finance companies would be valuable to retail users. A “Dummy” website that could be used for training new employees would be a big help.

Response from Rain Retail Software

Michael,
Thank you for your feedback, this is very helpful for us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we can improve so that we can continue to look into additional options.

Angel G.

Easy to set up with no computer experience

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Anytime I have any questions, I can call and get it taken care of immediately. I sell stuff all over the country since I have an online store now.

Pros

I have managed and now own a vacuum, sewing, and air purification retail store in Terre Haute Indiana. We did not have an online store prior to us setting up with Rain. I had looked at other companies but this one has a marketing tool that is phenomenal. After all our service and sales, I send my customers an opportunity to review me. I started with a handful of reviews on Google now we have over 60 and over 80 reviews on facebook.

Cons

The program can freeze sometimes and you have to reboot the entire program and when that happens I can't override it to use my credit card terminal since everything is integrated.

Karen S.

Top notch POS

Reviewed on 6/2/2020

Great experience... still fixing a few glitches and learning is on going. We are not big IT people, but the ease of this software and the team behind us works great!

Pros

Alot. The automated email blasts, the conference on hand, one on one meeting. I like the ease of running this software and the service and people behind the scenes. I like the look and help we receive on our website. When we have a glitch or problem, customer support is inside our website making the corrections. Great team to work with! Especially, Ty... stays on top of any ossues that come up.

Cons

Our training was not easy and our contact person was not really knowledgeable on many facets of the software or how it would work. Big learning curve for us.

Nic G.
  • Industry: Music

Brought new life to my store!

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

Since we opened, we have hand written all our checks and inventory, which has sometimes lead to discrepancies in what we have in stock and prices on items. It also takes longer to cash people out at the register, which has left some customers at an inconvenience when running late to a gig. Since moving to Rain, we are now able to easily see what is in stock and let customers know if we have extra in the back all from our phones. Recently we had a customer whos speaker blew while at a gig and he was able to order a new one online for us to have ready for him when he walked in the door! We love using Rain!

Pros

Rain POS was surprisingly easy to set up and integrate into my exsiting website, it really opened up a lot of doors to help sell things in my store that have been sitting a while. We do a lot of lawaway orders, so it was nice to be able to set up a lawaway option on our online store.

Cons

The only thing I wish I was able to do is have the option to add multiple products at a time to help streamline the inventory process. Other than that, I have had zero issues!

David B.
  • Industry: Music

Software with lots of dreams but lots of issues

Reviewed on 6/6/2019

Rental, class, and automatically populating the website is a big help for us saving time. It hasn't really made us more money as advertised.

Pros

Overall, this product has helped us get our products on the web and other selling sites quicker than in the past. The rental and class features have saved us a bunch of time

Cons

Too many bugs in almost every feature. In addition, bugs are fixed and changes are made without communication to the user base. Rain keeps adding features but the basic features still are buggy especially in accounting for costs and inventory valuation. In addition, once a bug is submitted and sent to development, we are not sure of the timing of the fix or the actual fix.

Clinton B.

Great seamless system with Web and POS

Reviewed on 23/3/2018

Pros

Customer Tracking
Inventory Tracking
Website Managment
Integration with inventory for POS and Web

Cons

Hard to discuss timelines with customers
Not a lot of development time to accommodate every enhancement request

Valerie S.

Great Point of Sale Software

Reviewed on 16/3/2019

Rain POS is a great company to work with. Great tech support.

Pros

The Point of Sale software is easy to use and you get alot of support if needed.

Cons

Adjusting pictures sometimes is challenging to do to fit into areas.

Spencer W.
  • Industry: Music

Would recommend to other retailers

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

They've been great partners with us.

Pros

I love that they're always improving it and take our input.

Cons

I can't think of anything. I really like what I've used.

Rick G.

Easy to work with, excellent customer service

Reviewed on 30/5/2018

Pros

Web based software. My items are easily found on the internet. I love the ability to set re order points. I like the reports that we currently have.

Cons

difficult to order from the vendors. needs to be easier. I wish that the link to Quickbooks were more detailed in the daily dump

Kristen G.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Very easy to set up but takes some time. The help we get from RAIN is awesome!

Reviewed on 6/6/2018

An all-in-one solution for our travelling and online business.

Pros

It's integration into our inventory and reports. The ability to customized the interface for my team.

Cons

It doesn't work as easily for Canadian companies. I would definitely recommend it 100% if they become more Canadian focused.

Rylan P.

absolutely awful customer service that is slow and unresponsive

Reviewed on 19/4/2018

Pros

everything promised about the software has turned out to not be true. they promised cataloging be done for the import of my inventory and they never delivered that.

Cons

it doesn't integrate with my credit card machine that was designed specifically for the software. of course rain isn't being helpful at all and we're losing money left and right.

Nate C.

Make the switch to Rain!

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

I also love being able to track repairs, replacing our previous hand written system. Priceless.

Pros

Having out POS integrated with our website and Reverb is key for us, especially during recent times of shut down.

Cons

At times the system has quirks that are an annoyance to the user and is a low priority fix for developers.

Noel S.

Noel Saucedo Co-owner

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

I have been a believer ever since i saw them at the Namm show.

Pros

The ease of this software is very important. Being a small business i really don't have an I.T department so you guessed it we all become the I.T department in our office. The templates are easy to fill out and get your online presence ready for your clients.

Cons

The con is not a Rain problem it's not having the time on our side to complete at this moment.

Sharlene J.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Point of Sale

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Still waiting for someone to contact me to get BCM location set up

Pros

It is widely used in industry so should cover off the needs of a fabric store

Cons

It isn't easy to use and not functional or easy to navigate for green users

Ande L.

Our thoughts

Reviewed on 22/1/2020

All sales were handwritten, on invoices and then transcribed to a database/ excel sheet for closing out a month; this has made this so streamlined.

Pros

The program is quite intuitive thus making it relatively easy to use. I like the fact that it is cloud based so we can add another register as needed during very busy times. Also the integration between the website and the POS is great for product inventory. General ease of taking physical inventory.

Cons

There are a number of small glitches - ways to accomplish tasks that are not thought all the way through. I get a listing of UPCs from a vendor with my new order of earrings, many are duplicates that we have had. We upload the entire list, the system is not able to recognize duplicates and combine them just keeps adding the new number making physical inventory a nightmare. Customer name search is an "includes" function instead of a "starts with" so an Andy pulls up Sandy, Candy & every Anderson, i no particular order.

Miles S.

The future of how small businesses survive

Reviewed on 9/2/2018

Using this system allows you to provide a customer experience on par with, or even better than, what is expected from a successful business in the 21st.

Pros

Feature laden! and they are still developing more music store specific features! One customer data base, one inventory database. Integrated POS system, integrated Wed Store, integrated repairs system. Then add on: integrated short term rentals, rent to own with auto pay, layaway, email marketing abilities, gift card ability, coupon ability, push products to Reverb ability, create and save quotes under a customer name, track store account balances and apply to transactions, purchasing lists by vendor populated with qty triggered items and with and easy receiving and item costs updating.
Outstandingly responsive customer service!

Cons

Still waiting on the private lesson feature =( But it is in development and it sounds like it will be finished Spring of 2018. Would be great to see invoicing against a quote so I could do school business with schools requiring a PO number on an invoice for payment.

Carolyn I.

very good company to work with

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

I love this company. I've been with them from their initial start in our field of music schools, and they have developed very quickly. They still have a feel of a small company, and I feel like if I need an aspect or tool developed, I have a pretty good chance of being heard and considered.

Pros

The comprehensive nature of having a website, an online store, a point of sale terminal, rental/rent to own terminal makes this a great foundational tool to work with.

Cons

I love the software, but calling customer support, I often get people who don't seem to enjoy helping me. I've had at least 2-3 calls to different technicians ag in a row where I just felt bad for even calling.

Ingrid L.

I love Rain

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Pros

Rain POS has helped me run my business in many ways. Reports are very easy to understand and useful for book keeping and planning. Most of all I love the help Rain offers. They have always been there for me and are so nice, especially when trying to set up my website. I am not a computer genius and don't have to be because I use Rain. In recent events we had to start selling products through our web site. Rain was able to teach me over the phone how to set all of it up, I couldn't be more grateful.

Cons

Most of the time the things that I felt could be improved have been through updates like phone numbers showing on receipts. It shows that they do listen when we ask for improvements.

Sondra K.

We love RAIN POS

Reviewed on 8/12/2020

RAIN was super helpful in transferring our data from our old POS system (TRS) to their system. It has been easy to train staff to use the system. And, RAIN is constantly improving the system by adding new features.

Pros

I love that RAIN POS is not only a point-of-sale system but also integrates with our website. It has been so beneficial to have our products listed and available or sale on our website. During the current pandemic, the website has helped customers discover our product offerings and made it easy for both shipping products and curbside pick-up.

Cons

I can't think of anything I like least!

Kathi M.

Great POS platform - even for beginners! Not intimidating.

Reviewed on 17/6/2018

Inventory reporting, mainly. I just began using the Marketing module and so far, it seems like it will be a real winner and time saver for me!

Pros

I like the data capture feature and the real time aspect of the online merging with the B&M shop. Knowing that what my customer is seeing online is what is actually available is fabulous.

Cons

The sad lack of report query options, particularly in regards to my inventory. I can put notes in if I make an adjustment but can't ever see those notes again. That's a feature I've been asking for for years.

Lori W.

Review of Rain POS for Quilt Shops

Reviewed on 31/3/2021

Overall, I've been very happy with my experience and their software. Customer service has always been helpful if I had a question or issue. The software has integrated well with my QuickBooks software so that's been helpful as I'm learning QB. The efficiency I've gained by using this software versus going other routes has completely justified the value for me and my business.

Pros

Once you learn the system and features, it's pretty easy and intuitive. I like how integrated everything is - purchasing, receiving inventory, online and in-store transactions. Adding new products through almost any of my vendors is fast and easy.

Cons

The software is under constant development which is good, but also challenging. I like that they are continually working to improve the product, but it can be time consuming to keep up with constant changes.