17hats

Carmen
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Monetize Your Small Business Faster

Reviewed on 22/7/2019

The customer service is great. My overall experience over the past three years has been that this is a life saver for my business. One of the best investments that I have made in my business thus far.

Pros

17hats has become a "must have" in my small business. It allows me to easily acquire and follow up on leads with forms that embed easily into my website. The workflows help me to create systems and processes for client onboarding and support. The contracts, canned emails and so much more make it a completely robust, but easy to use system for any service business.

Cons

The only con is that you cannot whitelabel your 17hats website. I prefer a whitelabel option.

Angela
Angela

17Hats has helped me run 4 businesses at once!!

Reviewed on 23/7/2018

The software allows really any business to capture leads, create quotes, contracts and invoices (along with payment plans) and collect payments. It is very simple to use and you can run several different businesses within the platform without additional cost. They add new functions quite often and have amazing customer service.

Pros

I started with 17Hats when they were fairly new and I haven't been disappointed. The cost for the software is excellent especially since I can run as many different businesses with different names and accounts etc as I want. I love that they added a client portal as I was almost going to switch to something that did. Document creation is very easy as well as having clients pay through the portal electronically. I have recommended this for many people as it really is geared for many different types of businesses.

Cons

Sometimes it can run a bit slow - but that is very infrequently now. I would like for the client portal to be more than just a viewing area for clients. It does seem that the more businesses you have on here, it takes a little longer to load. But overall none of these are deal breakers!

Erin
  • Industry: Executive Office

A client relationship management system - not my first choice

Reviewed on 15/4/2020

It keeps relationships with clients, but it's not my favorite CRM.

It keeps relationships with clients, but it's not my favorite CRM.

Pros

There are a few things that I do like about 17hats. Once I figured out the lifecycle aspect, it made sense. It really kept us on track for ensuring that the workflow gets started and completed.

Cons

The base date versus the project date is so CONFUSING.

I don't like that the link is at the BOTTOM of the email. More chances for it to miss.

We're constantly having to go in and out of workflows, emails/templates and back and forth to make all the changes. it doesn't seem to make sense, where if there's an email we want to edit within the workflow, why can't we edit it within there. and have the change apply universally.

Maija
Maija
  • Industry: Photography

I like it, but I'm not in love.

Reviewed on 22/8/2018

I've found that customer service is overall pretty good. I'm surprised that people have said it's not great. I've always gotten ahold of real people. I do feel that this software is still being built up and they are constantly making improvements. I'm hoping they read these reviews to have more direction on where to take it next! Overall I find that for the cost of the service, I'm receiving a quality product.

Pros

It's a great organizational tool. I love the bookkeeping integration. I'm able to print a P&L report at tax time and hand it over to my accountant. I also like that I'm able to send questionnaires, contracts, and invoices to clients as well as automate much of my communications to individual clients. It makes me look a lot more organized than I am and I've had multiple clients remark at how personal each of my communications feel!

Cons

It does not have a booking integration and so now I'm purchasing a separate app for that. I also would love to be able to integrate Mail Chimp with this or even have a similar feature within this system.

• Industry: Entertainment

Life saver!

Reviewed on 24/8/2018

My business deals with special events and the workflows for each event help me keep track of where they are in the process which saves me a lot of guess work. Being able to create workflows and automate my job lets me focus more on growing my business.

Pros

17hats is a quality CRM system that I use daily to keep my business running smoothly. I use all features which includes bookkeeping, lead management, projects, invoicing and contracts. With the CRM keeping all my client's details in one spot, I can easily find any information on that project with a click of a button.

Cons

I feel that the app version needs to be updated. The mobile version offers several features that the app is not set up yet to tackle.

Jessica

I LOVE 17Hats!! I have always used it and will continue to do so.

Reviewed on 2/7/2018

Pros

My favorite thing about 17 Hats is that it takes all of the things associated with a client project and keeps it all together in one place. That's HUGE. Plus I can embed my lead capture forms right on my website so everything just populates in my contact's info. Amazing.

Cons

I would say the only thing they could improve upon is to integrate Quickbooks self employed and iCal. But I think those are difficult due to the issues with integration within the other software programs.

Aaron
Aaron
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Great for Freelancers

Reviewed on 17/8/2018

I have been using 17 hats for over 3 years now and have found it the perfect invoicing and communication service for my business. It has made life so much easier with the ability to send automatic invoices and emails to clients.

Pros

I really find this a very useful program. Easy to use. Easy for clients to understand how to pay. I like being able to submit contracts, proposals, and invoices. Great for integrating contact forms on my website.

Cons

Front time to time, have issues with the payments syncing.

Suzanne
Suzanne
  • Industry: Photography

17 Hats has streamlined my workflow!

Reviewed on 20/2/2019

Overall, it’s a great business management software program.

Overall, it’s a great business management software program.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, and that I can set up lead magnet forms that import contacts straight into my workflow.

Cons

I feel like the cost is a tad expensive. It has increased a good amount since I joined. To add a second brand for my business, my monthly bill would more than double. That being said, my current plan isn’t even offered anymore. I’ve been ‘grandfathered’ in.

Easy way to manage my photography Clients

Reviewed on 27/7/2018

The ability to organize all of my Clients into a project where I can see their communications, contracts, and invoices at a quick glance.

Pros

This system makes it really easy for me to manage my photography Clients and Second Shooters (Independent Contractors). I love that I get a text alert when I have a new lead, and that I can create inquiry questionnaires that can be imbedded directly into my website. The integration with Gmail and PayPal makes things very easy for services I had already set up for my business. I admittedly don't use all of the features offered in 17hats, but love the ones that I do utilize!

Cons

The insert token/attribute option doesn't always work as expected for my contracts. When I preview them there are a lot of things that end up looking a little funky in regards to spacing. I've taken a lot of time going back and forth to fix these issues before sending to a client.

17hats

Reviewed on 8/4/2019

The business problem solved is that it does invoicing, it does contracts, and sends reminder emails.

Pros

I can not say enough good things about this software. It has simplified my business so much. It is very useful for invoicing, contracts signatures, and bookkeeping.

Cons

I do not have any cons at all!! So glad this is available and affordable.

Jane

Its a good product that would be amazing with a few changes.

Reviewed on 14/1/2023

We have used it for 7-8 months now and we are still working to get it fully set up - if I was a new company and only had to start from scratch it would be much easier but it is harder when dealing with an established company and you are trying to work through tutorials and keep a company going! I would have loved some more 1-2-1 support with a call and them helping you set systems up.

Pros

How it can manage most elements of your business in one reasonably priced product. the customer services team are helpful but there is no real hands on help.I love that you can have multiple people using the system and can have bookings for everyone which was an issues with lots of other competitores.

Cons

There is some element of duplication that is annoying. Linking email and calendars to the service is fiddly unless you exclusively use Gmail.

Danielle
Danielle

17hats is an all in one system that lacks a few integral things

Reviewed on 25/2/2019

Overall it's worth it to have emails and client documents in one system. It's easy enough for the clients to use too. It's pretty slick but I don't feel like it's truly an all-in-one system. If it had a built in scheduler or worked with Acuity, plus was more like Xero for financials, I'd be happy!

Pros

I love how easy it is to send an agreement, questionnaire, and invoice to a new client. Everyone raves at how much they love my clients systems because it's so easy to use. It makes booking in new clients a breeze.

Cons

17hats falls short on the bookeeping and financials. I find it's not robust enough to really even help me keep track of my money. I end up having to use outside financial systems like Xero or GoDaddy Outright because of this. The added expense isn't fun.

Shamika
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Okay

Reviewed on 22/2/2023

It was a good start for my business.

It was a good start for my business.

Pros

It had a good tracking for when documents were sent to clients.

Cons

The payment integration cost more and since it’s an essential feature, it is a steep cost. Especially when we already pay the payment managers merchant fees as well. Also, the software doesn’t offer inventory management, which is why I left.

• Industry: Events Services

I love 17hats!

Reviewed on 26/7/2018

This software completely keeps my business organized and running smoothly. It is a life saver for sure with lead management, invoicing, contracts, questionnaire and bookkeeping. I would highly recommend 17hats to other companies.

Pros

I love how much time 17hats saves me by setting up the CRM and workflows. I am able to spend more time on growing my business instead of remembering where I left off with each client and my to-do list. The bookkeeping helps me keep my expenses together and easy for my accountant for taxes. The workflows are a complete life saver!

Cons

They are based in Australia so you cannot always reach someone and the 17hats app is not as up to date as using the mobile version of the website.

• Industry: Entertainment

Amazing CRM Software with incredible support

Reviewed on 5/4/2018

Pros

17hats does so much more than just the basics. It manages incoming leads, turns them into invoices, and allows me to set up workflows so the system does much of the work for me. It has saved my company a ton of time and probably money, too. The support team is incredibly responsive and helpful.

Cons

The accounting is lacking, but it's not meant to be a primary accounting software. It has the ability to sync with Quickbooks Online which works.

Vicki

17Hats has really helped me keep my client information organized

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

17hats has really helped me stay organized!

17hats has really helped me stay organized!

Pros

I love the email templates, it's much easier than copy/paste, especially when personalizing the text. I also love the quote/invoice system, it keeps me from having to send 5-6 additional emails for every client. The questionnaire templates are really important to me too, it's easy to build and easy for clients to fill out. I like the bookkeeping function; it keeps track of when I receive payments so I don't have to worry about that. The customer service is excellent.

Cons

I wish it had more options for type of contact, or that I could customize the labels. I have more types of contact than the 4 that are available.

Yoneco

A true time-saver.

Reviewed on 15/2/2017

Using 17Hats simplifies so much of my business ' contract management, lead tracking, invoicing. I can do all of that and more (to-do lists, email tracking, bookkeeping, calendar synching, etc.) all through one system.

The internal dashboard is easy to navigate and they've made it easy to integrate with other platforms, like PayPal, Stripe, Square, and Google. There are also templates for everything ' contracts, payment reminders, etc. ' to get you started. Or you can create your own text and save it as a new template.

The bookkeeping option links to your accounts ' bank and credit card ' so you can easily sync transactions; and there's a time tracker.

My favorite features, however are the contract and invoice management. First, no more emailing contracts back and forth for signatures or using a third-party service. 17Hats has built-in signature ability. I can send a quote (with multiple options for the client to choose from) and, once accepted, auto-send the invoice that goes with it. If it's not accepted, easily schedule follow-ups and lead check-ins.

The only cons for me are:

The limits to file sharing and lack of a client portal. It's a 'business management' system with some project management features. It's not a true project management software like Asana.

The dashboard is easy to navigate but does show a lot of info that I don't always need (like my local temperature). You get used to it, but something more minimal would be great.

Kimberly
Kimberly

Don't Pay for This Annual Service

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Nice folks answer questions, but they've just missed the bar on so much.

Nice folks answer questions, but they've just missed the bar on so much.

Pros

I like that they attempted to put everything all in one place and make life easier for an entrepreneur.

Cons

The site itself is cumbersome. Finding what you should be working on, seeing all your projects at a glance, moving around is frustrating. The invoices don't come with an automatic reminder feature that you can just "click" on...way too much setup for a subpar product. This is definitely one made for people who are NEW to business and business software. So many more SAAS products out there doing a better job.

How do you now have recurring revenue as a feature? That's fundamental. So then you're chasing people for invoices to be paid. No one wants that.

Also, they make you pay for a full year. And refuse to honor if you are slightly outside of the 30-day refund window. And now they have your money for 11 more months. Not a good customer service model.

• Industry: Events Services

I use this software to manage my event planning and association management business.

Reviewed on 8/9/2017

It makes the proposal and contract phases of my business much easier. It also automatically invoices my clients when their invoices are due and divides a contract quote up into monthly payments or however I'd like them to be divided.

Pros

I like building contracts and invoices and allowing my clients to accept and sign electronically. I also like that I can accept credit cards through the software without a monthly fee, utilizing Stripe. I also like that I can sync my calendar and see everything as well as add custom calendar events that are only visible in 17 hats that are more CEO/Strategic Planning activities.

Cons

I don't like that you have to add a price to each item in a quote and that it is visible to the client. I prefer to list all my services and give the client a bottom line price. And for some, they pay me a monthly retainer. I would like to be able to edit or hide that feature. I also think it is sometimes hard to navigate.

Nadine
Nadine

A great tool for the independent contractor

Reviewed on 21/3/2018

Pros

I love that I can easily set up recurring invoices and notifications. Creating invoices, calendars and work flows is fairly easy to set up too.

Cons

The main negative for me is that I cannot set my recurring invoices to auto pay. If the client was automatically charged for their recurring invoices, it would save me so much time!

Jenn
Jenn
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

A bit clunky, but can still help streamline your business

Reviewed on 15/1/2019

I tried out 17hats when I was comparing different CRMs and it just didn't meet my needs. I've worked with clients who use it and love it, so it comes down to personal preference and needs in the end.

Pros

It has some great features for client management, such as relatively granular permissions control within the client portal

Cons

It's not very well-designed. You have to search around to find things a lot of the time and some of the ways the interface is set up just plain don't make sense. I hate the user experience, but that part is my personal preference.

T
  • Industry: Design

17hats to wear - 1 app to use

Reviewed on 12/1/2017

17hats is a one stop shop type of app. It is perfect for the Solo Entrepreneur. The feature I most enjoyed was the contract/invoice system. As a graphic designer, I could send a service agreement style contract to a client to have him or her first sign that they agree to the terms set forth in the agreement. Immediately upon submitting the e-signature, the client receives the attached invoice which can be set up for full or installment payments. This takes away the need for paper documents and tracking. All of this is set up with one system.

Pros

I like that there are multiple tools built into one app. I used several before switching to 17hats.
I found it easy to use. I was up and running very quickly. It integrates will with payment systems. Most importantly the clients I used it with did not seem to have trouble paying invoices through the app. Finally the electronic contracting invoicing and signature system cuts back on a lot of paperwork and no additional service is needed to use these features.

Cons

Pricing - I am a small company just starting out. I opted to stop using 17hats because there were not enough of options with the payment plan. While I did find a cheaper option I wish I still had access to the great features 17hats has to offer.

Darren

Nice product but the tech support team is useless.

Reviewed on 3/12/2018

I like it for CRM but invoicing is crippled by bad design and very limitedoptions.

Pros

easy to use is nice. CRM is effective. I wish they would allow the product to improve with customer feedback.

Cons

support team will not listen to customer feedback or requests.

Charlene
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Not as easy as I thought it should be.

Reviewed on 29/3/2021

It was to much and not very user friendly.

It was to much and not very user friendly.

Pros

I liked the idea that this software could help me keep everything organized.

Cons

I felt like i spent more time learning the software then actually using it.

HoneyBook

Reasons for Switching to 17hats

I didn't I choose Honeybook.
Joshua
  • Industry: Photography

A great product that will cover everything a small business needs!

Reviewed on 6/2/2017

I have been using 17hats for over a year now and I absolutely love it. I had bounced from program to program to manage my companies daily needs in accounting and project management but when I found 17hats I abandoned them all for 1 program. I have the ability to manage mu customers, automate invoices, keep track on my book keeping, set up work flows with auto triggers, manage my calendar, lead management, and more!

If you have a small business then I would strongly recommend you checking them out!

Pros

Having all the tools I need in 1 spot to manage the daily business needs.

Cons

Needs a more robust phone app covering all the areas the website covers.