Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

4.7 (2,229)
Cybersecurity software for endpoint threat detection

(2,229)

Darian P.
  • Industry: Insurance

Review of Malwarebytes

Reviewed on 25/8/2021

We needed a new antivirus after our old one was letting us down and decided to purchase 2 antivirus licenses, Malwarebytes being one of those two. It has performed fantastically.

Pros

Many of us in the department were already familiar with malwarebytes through our personal use. We decided on a company-wide rollout since our personal experience with the defense was top-tier.

Cons

When at a user's computer, we are unable to view logs while at that computer and instead have to go login to the UI at the IT desk to view those logs which is inconvenient. Otherwise it works very well.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Kaspersky was unable to find viruses on computers we tested that Malwarebytes could. Our kaspersky setup was not finding anything while other programs were able to find much more, so we switched.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

We chose malwarebytes because it ran with low CPU on the employee machine during scans which allowed them to work without slowdowns. Other software we tested would sometimes freeze machines because there were so many processes going on.
Zakaria B.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

malwarebyte can beat any ransomware.

Reviewed on 1/10/2021

overall experience i would say that Malwarebytes is worth using ...it is going to protect your business from any attack.i really respect this product.

Pros

Words will not express how much I love this program, this software is protecting me, my computer, network, my business. I'm using Malwarebytes for a very long time, every time i bought a new device, the first thing I do, I install this software.

here are some of the features that i liked:

●effective endpoint protection.

●real-time protection.

●Cloud management console.

● threat analysis.

● malware, exploit, and web protection.

● Scheduled scans.

●protect against attacks.

and there is more of course.

the product is very cheap compared to the quality.

Cons

to be honest, I haven't experienced any problems, Malwarebytes is working so hard to improve their product and i really respect that.

Adrian W.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Probably the best malware virus protection software

Reviewed on 15/7/2021

I have been truly delighted with this software which doesnt have the annoying features of Norton. Its well worth the price of the annual subscription and is a install and forget and it sits there doing its thing.

Pros

Ease of installation, reasonable pricing and real time monitoring of all web activities and PUP alerts

Cons

Nothing. Its affordable, a snap to install and upgrade and generates valid alerts rather than cryptic error messages.

Amy G.
  • Industry: Higher Education

A reliable free or low-cost security option

Reviewed on 17/9/2019

Malwarebytes makes me more confident as a general computer user, but also as someone whose job is primarily based online. There's a lot of data exchanged between my computer and Malwarebytes takes away the worry of my computer being made more vulnerable to external threats.

Pros

My favorite part about Malwarebytes is that it offers a free version and paid because the free allows me to test out the product. I also love this software because it does not come with all the annoying pop up notifications or emails. It's simple to navigate when doing scans and identifying malware. Some malware software is tedious or limited in its scope.

Cons

I wish Malwarebytes was more compatible with my mac. At times, my computer freezes during scans or takes an extremely long time to load pages and applications when performing scans. Malwarebytes seems to take up a lot of memory.

Matthew Z.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great product

Reviewed on 24/7/2019

Perfect. Even when I lost my account they got it back for me.

Pros

I was able to get this pro version for a one time fee for up to 3 computers. I love it. I use it along side Ccleaner. I've never had any problems. Easy updates and automatic scannings. I can never tell when it's running a scan because it uses a small amount of processes.

Cons

I don't know anything I don't like about it. I've been using it for 10 years.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Avast is slow when running on your computer and it still finds problems every scan.

Avast Business Pro Plus

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

I got lifetime key up to 3 computers and was told by others it's best for a gaming computer.
Mike N.
  • Industry: Military

Increasing Cybersecurity Defenses

Reviewed on 4/12/2020

Malwarebytes performs exactly as I expected. There was a minimal learning curve and the software updates automatically on regular basis. The layout of the dashboard makes it easy to interpret scan findings. I would recommend this platform to anyone who is looking to secure their computer.

Pros

Malwarebytes was extremely easy to download and install which is a major consideration for any IT Administrator. There is not much to configure, but the settings were intuitive and each workstation took only a few minutes to complete.

Cons

In the rare case where malware is found, but is unable to be removed, it would be nice to get some direction on additional alternatives. The scan displays the name and location of the file. A description link would be helpful. The way it works now I have to go to a search engine and figure that out myself.

Greg F.

Best Cybersecurity Program for your Device

Reviewed on 4/10/2019

I've been using malwarebytes since the early days of it's release as a consumer then as I transitioned into a business owner I offer it to all my customers just because it's that good and I don't offer anything that I don't use and trust myself. My experience with MWB the software and the MWB support team has always been well above expectations. fyi i'm neither paid by or work for mwb

Pros

it's easy on your device performance wise most security programs have a lot of useless processes or unneeded process that just slow a device down malwarebytes does just what it needs to do and does it efficiently.

Cons

there is not much not to like about this software honestly I mean it's had some problems over time and it'll have some bad updates here and there but the team at MWB once notified of a problem gets right on it and fixes it as soon as possible so yea that's about it but that's a normal thing for any software to have glitches but it's how the company responds which is important.

SpyHunter

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Because MWB is superior product they have the team and research to support their claims and their success speaks for itself.
Eoin G.

Great tool in a multi-tiered approach to desktop security

Reviewed on 27/7/2020

Our small business and family has been using Malwarebytes premium since 2015. If you look at the cost vs the potential "work" hours lost or potential for "ransomeware" attack. We use Malwarebytes as part of a 4 tiered approach: 1. Data backup to multiple locations. 2. Strong AV software, 3 Strong Antimalware software, 4. Regular desktop/laptop Hard disc imaging.
I highly recommend some level of protection and Malwarebytes check all my boxes. As the "Help Desk" for my family, I have purchased licenses to protect them as well.

Pros

Very easy to install and setup. System runs in the background, does backup scans and on-demand scans of downloads. Has strong anti-ransomeware capabilities. Created by a company with decades in the industry. Group licenses make the software more affordable.

Cons

When there are sites we want to "white list", you can't do it from the warning popup, but instead go into the program and search for the whitelist settings. I'd love to see a "Whitelist for 10 minutes option". We tend to get "false positives" on sites with expired SSL certs.

The best virus removal software I've encountered

Reviewed on 25/1/2019

Whilst not used by the company I work at as their Anti-Virus system I consider Malwarebytes to be the gold standard for removing viruses that other scanners either don't find or can't remove.
I recommend both the paid and free version to anyone who asks me about a personal anti-viruses as I have found it to be very user friendly and, as mentioned, extremely powerful.

Pros

Extremely easy to setup
Scans are very quick
Scans take up very little system resources when running
Free version still removes virtually all viruses I've encountered
Paid version actively blocks web pages that contain viruses, prevents executables from delivering payloads, and so much more.
Price:Value ratio is extremely good

Cons

Updates have on several occasions caused issues, one caused a bug that suggested real time protection was off when it was not, another caused Malwarebytes to consume RAM until the computer crashed. Though fixed quickly perhaps a more thorough testing phase could have prevented these.
The "My Account" web page is a little basic and could definitely be upgraded to improve a number of features such as:
Available devices - this does not provide computer/mobile names or locations, and to deactivate remotely requires the deactivation on all devices at once.
Payment Method - I am yet to find a way to change my address, I moved house several years ago and yet it still shows my old address. I have even contacted support about this without success.
Settings - I would include the option to change home address here.

Alison S.

Malwarebytes

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Overall, I love how I can set the scan to happen every day and how it catches the bad sites and viruses before doing any damage to my computer. So far it has been very helpful to us.

Pros

When we got our new office computers Malwarebytes was recommended by our back office to use for our security. We had never used them before, but it has been a great experience so far. The computers have been running smoothly and Malwarebytes seems to catch all the bad sites before anything can happen.

Cons

It is pretty costly for a small business, but that is the price to protect our client's information.

Andrew J.
  • Industry: Automotive

Malwarebytes Works!

Reviewed on 3/3/2020

Spyware was always causing some sort of performance issue with daily operations

Pros

It is seamless, working in the background. I have had zero issues with viruses, etc since using this software

Cons

I now have to disable Malwarebytes it in order to sync my iPhone. This just started happening recently.

Rajkumar a T.

Much more than just an Anti-Malware!

Reviewed on 16/7/2019

It has become one of my favourite softwares and security solutions. I am lucky to have a lifetime license of it. Cheers!

Pros

As my title states, it is much more than your traditional Anti-Malware, or an anti-virus.
It has always new features getting added to it, and new modules being integrated, making it grow and become better with every release (apart from the usual software bugs).

Cons

I wish they bring back the lifetime upgrades licensing. Also, it is hard to make an account i.e register on their official forum. I wish they reply more fast to support tickets (I know they have plenty of support tickets to solve being such a large brand now).
I wish the software was less heavy on resources.

Sofia R.

The best malware protection

Reviewed on 14/5/2019

I've been using it for some years and every day I 'm convinced that it's the best antimalware and antivirus in the world. I have it on all my devices (laptop, PC, tablet and smartphone) and I feel very confident that my information is protected. These devices are also my work tools, so I take great care of them. The money I pay for this antimalware is worth it. I have not had problems but many benefits when using it. The first time I installed it was due to a virus that I could not eliminate with anything and Malwarebyes did it with the free version, so do not hesitate to buy the Premium version. I recommend it.

Pros

Malwarebytes is an excellent software because it not only removes malware but also Trojans, spyware and all kinds of viruses that try to damage my devices even before they carry out an attack, and also protects them from ramsoware. It has real-time protection and detects which pages are not safe as I browse the Internet. The scan can be programmed to be performed every so often and has a quick scan which only takes a few minutes, although the PC slows down a lot. Your app is very functional and practical. The user interface is intuitive, easy to use.

Cons

I've no complaints about this antimalware, on the contrary it has got me out of trouble more than once. It is the best antimalware in the world.

Michael P.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

The best Virus and Malware protection at a decent price

Reviewed on 8/9/2019

Before using it in the business world, I was a Malwarebytes user at home. I was shown it when working for a tech company, and decided to use it myself. Overall, I have not had a negative experience with the software.

Pros

Love real time protection and web protection. It is nice to not have to worry about viruses and to be notified as you are entering dangerous areas of the internet. Also, being able to have the basic items for use at the free level is really nice as well.

Cons

The free version does not have real time protection, which is totally understandable. some people may not agree with the price, but I found it to be fair honestly.

Dishant S.

Best antimalware software

Reviewed on 30/4/2019

My overall experience with Malwarebytes is quite satisfying. I found it a useful software against online threats. If you have to download a lot of files or documents into your business laptop, you must have this software installed.

Pros

I love Malwarebytes. It has a robust scanning system which can detect the hardest viruses out there. It has some of the very competitive features in the market like:

1. It can scan the messages of your smartphone and detects if it's a scam or contains any suspicious link. It will automatically send all the malicious and fraud messages into the junk box.

2. It will block all the unwanted ads from the device and the adware also.

3. Malwarebytes has one of the best and most frequently updated virus definition in the market.

4. It will automatically block all the call and messages from the known scammers and fraudsters.

5. Very ideal for detecting certain rootkits which were left undetected from other popular antiviruses.

Cons

Malware byte is a handy antimalware software which is already protecting millions of devices. But, there are a few cons which I would like to mention. The first thing is that Malwarebytes can be a little for some people after the first discounted year. It also doesn't support real-time protection in the free version. Sometimes, it starts blocking the safer services also.

Timothy G.

Great for Heuristic Malware analysis

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

This is a great and efficient piece of software that does exactly what it says it would do. Just think of it as a supplement to your AV software as that is what it's meant to be. Not a stand-alone AV solution.

Pros

This software is meant to be used IN ADDITION to your normal, signature-based antivirus. This does a great job at sitting in the background waiting for what may be zero-day attacks. In addition, AV-Test shows that it is getting good at regular AV as well. There is very little resource drain.

Cons

Nothing. There are no false-positives or false-negatives that I know of. The software has been rock-solid for me.

Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Malewarebytes is a supplementary software to these Antivirus products.

Longtime Malwarebytes User...both commercially and personally

Reviewed on 27/2/2020

I have used them for at least 10 years and never once needed a different product to fix a problem with Malware

Pros

Fast and complete...the free version is arguably the only tool you need to root out issues and it has never let me down on a Malware repair

Cons

Overall its hard to place any real cons at the feet of this software. There have been malware issues that required more involved efforts and the software supported them, but the extra work required more knowledge of computer functions...ie bios and pre OS load efforts

Better and free
Darell B.

Have used Malwarebytes for Years and Love it!

Reviewed on 20/8/2020

Customer service has always answered every question in detail and always found resolution to my questions. Easy to use installation a breeze and protection is outstanding.

Pros

Malwarebytes has been my go to software for my customers computers having malware problems. Never had a false positive and has always cleaned computers and allowed a clean boot.

Cons

Honestly there have been no cons to using this software. Setup is easy I did have an issue a couple times on downloading but no big deal

Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Protection and no false positive Norton can be tricky to configure.
Jesse T.

Malwarebytes is an amazing malware removal tool

Reviewed on 23/7/2019

I needed a malware removal tool, so decided to do some research and came across Malwarebytes. I ended up deciding to give it a try and have been using it ever since. It's a very nice tool for malware protection and removal, catches most things and is updated frequently.

Pros

Easy to use, free option is good enough for malware removal.

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say about Malwarebytes. I've been using it as my primary malware removal tool and it's been great.

Ghanshyam G.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Malwarebytes Review

Reviewed on 31/8/2020

As it is little bit expensive than others antivirus software but works very well and i am fully satisfied by the service.I recommend others to use it because its smooth,user friendly and auto scans in premium version

Pros

It has user friendly interface and smooth running.It supports multiple platform like windows,android.Even after license expire we can use it freely with limited feature.It auto scans the device and immediately blocks the virus,malware and rootkits. It is lightweight doesn't consume much resources.

Cons

I didn't find any cons but you should think once in pricing ,little bit expensive than others.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

this tool works when others fail

Reviewed on 3/4/2020

When antivirus and other software do not work at the time of solving a problem of malfunction in any computer, I confidently start the scanning activity of this software and most of the time the result is wonderful because it removes information that I considered harmless but it was affecting the whole system.

Pros

the graphical user interface (GUI) is so simple and at the same time so efficient that it is very easy to start your application at any time, without the need to stop the activities that are taking place at that moment; In addition, its efficiency is based on continuous updates, which are necessary in a world that advances at high speed and that requires high security standards.

Cons

I personally have not found any flaw in this software, perhaps the only thing is that if you want to remove it from an operating system, then it requires special care of the processes that are selected, but this is not a fault, I consider it to be a factor of be careful not to remove important information for example.

Zohaib A.

Malware assasin

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

Malwarebytes has saved so much precious amount of time and data. I often get out of solutions to remove the viruses and malwares manually by identifying the root cause of infection and everytime, Malwarebytes plays the role of an ultimate solution.

Pros

I joined my current job recently and the system alloted to me is a desktop PC in which the installed antivirus was repeatedly prompting that it has stopped the virus before doing any harm to the system. At least 50 or 60 prompts were shown in next 30 minutes and I checked the virus history and got to know that its a ransomware which has infected the operating system files and the current antivirus is unable to remove it completely. My boss was telling the technician to reinstall the OS completely to remove this malware.
I am using Malwarebytes more than two years now on my personal PCs and it had worked as intended. I installed it quickly in that work PC and just ran it to kill that ransomware as soon as possible. This software worked so efficiently that it not only just removed the malware but also the infected file in a non OS disk partition, which was causing the ransomware to get installed again and again in operating system directory. I just want to thank you Malwarebytes for knowing how to actually remove these advanced malwares. It had saved so much time and effort to reinstall the OS and all drivers and softwares required at work.

Cons

Among great performance and robust malware eliminating process of Malwarebytes, cons are almost nothing. But the thing in this software that needs to be addressed is to provide basic real time protection features for free like other antivirus programs are providing.

Jean-marc M.

Malwarebytes Review

Reviewed on 27/2/2020

Very good. I have run the software on several of my computers and it has detected and quarantined potential "malicious" viruses.

Pros

It is free. I have been using the free version for several years and it has been recommended to me by several of our local and national technical support specialists. I recently upgraded to the paid version since the difference between it and the free version is that the paid version runs constantly in the background and protects your computer and network especially from ransomware. Protection against ransomware was my main reason for upgrading our computers to the paid version of Malwarebytes.

Cons

None that I am aware of. However, I wish it was made more clear whether you can have Malwarebytes and Windows Defender operating at the same time on your computer, or does one cancel the other out?

Dennis G.

Have used Malwarebytes for several years, including both the free and licensed versions.

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

Pros

There are many, many, malware/spyware programs out there, both installable and real-time online scanners. I have used many brands and many types, but have always liked Malwarebytes products because of their reliability and more important - consistency. They also have other free tools such as stubborn file deleters, root kit scanners, etc. Good company with good products and easy to deal with as well.

Cons

There isn't a product out there (and never has been) that will catch 100% of any type of malware or virus activity; it just can't be done because of ever-evolving code and technology. This industry is a "reaction-based" industry that produces its best results as a reaction to something malicious that has already happened. Malwarebytes isn't necessarily at fault for being in this same category, but as with other products, as long as you do updates on a regular basis you'll be as protected as you can be for most situations.

Sergio rafael E.

This software saved me life at work. Except for my documents and the information that it...

Reviewed on 17/7/2018

Malwarebytes is a software highly recommended for all those companies that can be threatened with malware. With excellent functions of permanent monitoring of the PC, a luxury technical service, and some enviable functions in comparison to other software for handling and suppressing viruses on a PC, they make it a big one in this branch and a necessary companion in the work daily in the company.

Pros

This software specialized in the elimination of computer malwares is an excellent solution among many that are in the market. Among the benefits we found when using it were:

-Malwarebytes has an excellent security when it comes to managing the analyzed data, creating an accurate selection of the malware found on the computer and eliminating them or passing them to quarantine.

- Although it seems limited, its speicalization in the elimination of malware makes it the best in the market, since it has more components and updates associated with the suppression of malwares.

Cons

As I mentioned at the beginning, this software saved me the life of a work catastrophe associated with an email that I opened by mistake and that unleashed a massive attack of malwares in my computer that put in danger the integrity of the information that it handled. Therefore, I do not have any complaints about this software