Trellix Endpoint Security Reviews

Trellix Endpoint Security

4.2 (1,798)
Computer security and endpoint protection platform

(1,798)
4.0/5
4.2/5
4.2/5
4.1/5

Alejandra
Alejandra

McAfee is the best option for small business

Reviewed on 26/5/2022

Pros

The product is easy to use, easy to implement and the customer support is great

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the integration with google Chrome and how internet protection is only for native OS browsers (safari for macOS and edge for windows).

Norton AntiVirus and ESET Endpoint Security

Reasons for Choosing Trellix Endpoint Security

It used to block our MDM system (Rippling integration).

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

Integration, Ease of use, Costs.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

A Stable Solution for Security Needs.

Reviewed on 9/11/2019

At the time of deployment, MacAfee Endpoint Security in 2015 it was a great selection due to good price point vs feature set, they have good internal support but support by local partner was lacking.
It has very heavy foot print, and management interface increases the learning curve

Pros

We were using MacAfee Endpoint Security since 2015, providing good endpoint protection, with great functionality and features, enabling us to mitigate threats and increasing user and network uptime.
The international support is also very competent, is there when you need it. Once there was a crptoware attack on one of our pc which we disconnected from network. There international support worked with us to build a custom patch for environment, so the threat could be stopped from spreading from a single pc.

Cons

There central management interface is not the easiest of interfaces, some time one has to do too much navigation to accomplish a simple task.
The MacAfee endpoint security is very resource hungry, specially the drive encryption feature can take a real toll on the hard disks.
Also the drive encryption feature creates headache for support staff, if they had to reinstall the operating system the drive needed to be decrypted and the decryption process is very time consuming taking even days to decrypt the drive.

Symantec Endpoint Security

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

Due to better pricing, good centralized management features and good feed back from I.T community we selected this product.
Mary Lee
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Our Business Acquired 2 Major Viruses While Supposedly Protected By McAfee

Reviewed on 27/7/2019

I would not recommend McAfee because our business suffered major virus setbacks, despite safeguards, on the two separate occasions when McAfee was a primary security system. The second virus was so severe that everything saved to the lap top had to be wiped and the lap top reconditioned by Microsoft for us to ever use it again. Fortunately, we had most important material backed up, but it still caused a lot of trouble and a great deal of loss of time, which for a business connected to writing and editing, which operates always on deadlines, had an especially huge impact. By contrast, whenever we have operated with Norton as our main security provider (touch wood), we have not experienced any such severe infection. Equally, McAfee customer support, we found to be largely unhelpful, and had we not had customer support from Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard, we would have been at a loss, as our company is too small to have a tech team of its own.

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security is, at least in theory, very extensive, covering a great deal in regards to threats and understanding threats, which is helpful.

Cons

Our business, which is small, maintains very high security settings, always keeping on top of updates and checks etc., and our few employees are very careful about virus protection and avoiding threats as much as possible. However, we rely on our security system. Twice we were for an extended period protected by McAfee, and on both occasions, not only were our laptops seemingly more susceptible to minor difficulties and the sorts of things that slow down the system/render it less reliable, we also ended up with two severe viruses.

Alhassan
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

nothing gets past McAfee without getting thoroughly checked

Reviewed on 8/7/2021

My devices never suffered from malware infiltration or crashes while I used McAfee because it was designed to effectively pre-empt and remove threats before they cause irredeemable damage to devices or cause damage and loss of files. Also, protection extended to both online and offline activity. Ignoring the pricing lapses and stubborn notifications, it has been a really great product to use.

Pros

Malware detection was very potent, often catching viruses and other threat forms on thumb drives cleared by other devices operating different anti-virus software. The added password management feature certainly adds a secondary level of security and device access management. Finally, I admire how it conducts real time threat assessments in the background without interfering with your ongoing tasks, and only calls for action only when certain kinds of threats are detected. The automation of many of the key processes is really great for undisrupted workflow.

Cons

The constant notifications on product upgrades was very annoying, and somehow could never be disabled because it kept popping up regardless. Secondly, the pricing packages are a bit murky and unclear.

Sebnem

Good protection against viruses and malwares.

Reviewed on 3/3/2020

We have been using McAfee Endpoint Security for years. The software is so successful for protecting your endpoints. If you use this software with McAfee ePO which is centralized security management software, you can easily configure, use and manage

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security is one of the most important security software in our company. The software is so good in malware and virus protection. McAfee Endpoint Security not only protects against viruses and/or malwares but also has fabuluous functionality to repair infected files. Also, software has an excellent reporting capabilities.

Cons

The software requires a lot of RAM, because of consumption of McAfee resources is so high. Computers slow down while scanning.
Antiphishing capability is little bit poor.

Reasons for Choosing Trellix Endpoint Security

Our license was over. We have researched new products and decided to use McAfee Endpoint Security.

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

We did some POC on a few products and we chose the McAfee Enpoint Security because of the good overall functionality.

McAfee is tough customer

Reviewed on 29/3/2021

Overall I am more than satisfied with McAfee, I do believe that this is one of the best Security Softwares that there is out there at the moment and I strongly recommend it, especially after trying many ways to "destroy" it's Security, which were all proven impossible and made me use it myself eventually.

Pros

It basically looks impenetrable, as I came across McAfee for the first time while resolving a connection issue for one Customer. I got more and more interested in it, especially because I had to find and exploit it's weak points, but at the time I wasn't able to find any, which made me try it out ( and eventually use it daily ) on my personal laptop too.

Cons

I didn't like impossibility to find and exploit a weak point, thru which I could gain more access than I should, while solving some issues ( as Support Technician).

• Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

McAfee Endpoint Security - Total Endpoint Security

Reviewed on 8/2/2022

Overall with McAfee Endpoint Security and other McAfee security products that are implemented within the network, total security against various threats is satisfying.

Pros

All new machine learning feature of McAfee Endpoint Security is one of the best in the market. It surely helps to mitigate and detect zero day threats .

Cons

It will be much more convenient if McAfee Endpoint Security has more customizable reports with a separate dashboard for reports.

• Industry: Government Administration

Carefree Internet Security

Reviewed on 19/7/2019

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security is provided to us as part of our internet service package. I have found it to be easy to set up and leave alone to do its job. I will go in every now and again and check the logs but have found McAfee to be always secure.

Cons

No complaints from me on McAfee Endpoint Security.

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

We went with McAfee Endpoint over Norton Security because of costs. McAfee was provided to us as part of our internet provider's package. As a starting business, we needed to find ways to save money.
Bryce
Bryce

McAfee Review

Reviewed on 9/2/2022

overall its a really good security application.

overall its a really good security application.

Pros

I liked this because it had all the features that i need like security and ease of deployment.

Cons

My only gripe is the price. Wish it was a little cheaper

• Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Very intelligent secured application

Reviewed on 21/8/2019

It's even detect all threats even the ones was categorized medium to fair harm

It's even detect all threats even the ones was categorized medium to fair harm

Pros

I see this software is the best from Macafee, schedule the time of scanning, they alert you when you are surf the internet from threats and unknown files.

Cons

Some times it's slow down the machine. But apart from that its perfect

Amirshahab

Peace of mind for small network

Reviewed on 26/2/2021

During several years, I used different version of MacAfee and find it a better solution for small size network or even home laptops. With MAcafee Endpoint application, there is no single point of fail. I would recommend constant backup and plenty of Ram for the main server.

Pros

It has great protection for my small network and all systems are under protection umbrellas by this software. Scheduling regular scan is easy and manual scan is easier.
The detection level and its guard is higher than free app(Like windows defender). Updating the app is so easy and reporting is available.
the interface and the main menu is also easy to work and very user friendly.

Cons

It controls the search engine and sometime changes it to standard useless Yahoo search.
it makes the boot or first startup a bit slower and one may feel total computer speed is slower. However it becomes good after some seconds

Avast Small Office Protection

Reasons for Choosing Trellix Endpoint Security

faster and better performance.

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

It supported by my ISP and also had better pricing.(Free for some of the units)
Waldemar
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

McAfee - affordable, simple and effective antivirus software

Reviewed on 11/3/2022

I found McAfee to be a versatile security suite offering not only standard antivirus endpoint protection but also a wide-selection of useful tools and features, I am extremely fond of the product and I've been ultilizing it on both my company and personal PC's for years at this point.
It is definatelly my go-to antivirus software and I can recommend it to anyone.

Pros

McAfee is an affordable all-purpose security suite. In my view the product offers an unmatched price-to-quality ratio. McAfee provides an effective threat-fightning toolkit including covering not only the basic end-point protection but also quick clean for cache management, ransom-guard, web booster and many more. .

Cons

The database updates although not as straining on the system as what I have experienced using other products are still legthy and I see there is a space for improvement.

Caleb
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Secure

Reviewed on 23/1/2020

I uninstalled after so much lagging it was causing my computer to process.

I uninstalled after so much lagging it was causing my computer to process.

Pros

I like the fact of how it protects my computer from viruses and does a little more. I used it everyday when it came as default on my PCs.

Cons

When it says the thing about the trial has ended I think having a fee for protecting a computer shouldn't even be charged. And also I do like how it protects your computer, but it makes the system works slow even if it works in the background.

Malwarebytes for Business

Reasons for Choosing Trellix Endpoint Security

To give it a try after my Norton program trial ended.

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

I don't use it anymore thank you anyway nice service.
Dwayne
  • Industry: Entertainment

McAfee Endpoint Security is the only security I trust with my business.

Reviewed on 1/3/2022

My overall experience is that I am protected. I see the amount of attacks my network defends on a daily basis and that is enough for me to know that McAfee is doing it's job. My network is pounded on a daily basis and the fact that not one of them has gotten through means a lot to me.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. I like the look of it. And the protection it provides me and my business on a daily basis. The cost is relative to the services you receive. I get a great price with two years protection.

Cons

The program runs a little slow at times. This makes it using McAfee somewhat frustrating.

Dilanka
Dilanka

To save you from Malware Threats!

Reviewed on 21/3/2019

When talking about my experience both I and my brother and also a lot of my friends are using McAfee as the anti malware protection product for our machines. I think this helped me to keep my machine safe for the past 2 years. Our previous office lap tops also secured using this.

Pros

For the sake of the beginners, this is a system that protect devices in the cloud or in a network from security threats. In other words it is an anti malware protection product which is designed to secure windows systems.

It is easy to use and the latest version is faster than the others.

It is suitable for the users even who are unaware of technical processes.

It is updating with the time and the newest version is always well improved than the others.

It is very efficient. It can block viruses even just in few seconds.

It can detect every virus and malware ad provide real time protection.

Unlike the others, most of the times, the latest version of McAfee does not slow down your PC while it is booting.

According to my opinion, McAfee is lesser expensive than the other related products in the market.

Cons

It is using kind of large amount of memory while scanning.
Old versions occur a noticeable slow down.
It is great if the efficiency can be improved.

Emily
Emily

Extensible and Integrated Security Solution

Reviewed on 12/1/2021

Enhanced protection and threat protection is provided by McAfee MVISION endpoint feature. McAfee MVISION mobile helps in detecting threats and attacks from mobile devices. Various established capabilities are combined with it such as heuristics, reputations, firewall, EDR etc. It automatically detects threats and prevents against the attacks of virus so that it will not be able to access your systems. It is regularly updating its features to keep your endpoints safe and secure.

Pros

It helps in re-mediating and finding zero-day threats, file-less threats, ransomware and plenty of other advanced threats. It facilitates by providing centrally managed and organized security platform for endpoints. All of its products are integrated with windows defender and it helps in extending threat protection for mac OS, Windows, Linux as well as IOS and Android devices. It is integrated with various capabilities like machine learning analysis and detecting endpoints.

Cons

Amount of detecting false viruses should be reduced. It may be difficult to identify zero-days in it. It may not work for advanced malware. A lot of resources on your work stations are needed for it. It may slow down or shut down your systems. It will utilize a lot of memory and resources.

AYOOLA
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

My PC is protected from outside threats thanks to McAfee Endpoint Security.

Reviewed on 4/6/2021

A security that is second to none and protects every device

A security that is second to none and protects every device

Pros

One security breach at your company is all it takes to recognize that security software isn't an option. Because the free programs weren't cutting it,  I upgraded to McAfee's Endpoint Security system. They have a wide range of products, including iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Linux. You can secure all of the devices on your network. The Endpoint differs it has improved detection and correction capabilities that allow it to change security controls in Windows 10. When McAfee detects a threat, it alerts me right away, and I set up preset steps for when that happens.

Cons

McAfee's Endpoint Security, as you might assume, is not cheap. It is entirely dependent on your company's demands, and I recommend speaking with a member of their sales team to identify which features you require. They personalize the software so that you can feel comfortable that all security flaws will be addressed. I did have a couple of challenges contacts with customer service. If you're unfamiliar with the world of cybersecurity, you'll need to ask them to explain it to you in layman's terms.

PAOLO
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

The antivirus solution for companies

Reviewed on 23/4/2021

McAfee Endpoint Security certainly offers everything you need, allowing you to continue working with confidence.
In recent times, where the prevention of cyber attacks is increasingly felt, this product has allowed us to improve the security of our network

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security tries to offer with its suite, all the protection necessary to silently fight everything that is malicious for the user.
The product is sufficiently simple to use, its centralization allows clients to forget its presence even if the antivirus continues to work in the background trying to block files with malicious behavior before they can spread.
The positive aspect of a centralized antivirus is the ability to let you perform analyzes on single files or folders on request.

Cons

In general, I think it is a good antivirus, even if its presence sometimes degrades the performance of your computer when it comes to carrying out a complete analysis of the disk, in this case I suggest scheduling the analyzes when the computers are not in use.
I recommend checking if the security updates correctly because sometimes it can happen to be a little behind with the antivirus signatures

Drew
Drew

Good security, but not perfect

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

McAfee has been a good security software for a while. The computers using this have not been impacted by any sort of ransomware or malware. One of our other offices did not use this and downloaded some ransomware that almost cost us years of files, but we contacted an emergency IT team who solved the problem and recommended better security.

Pros

* We can use one account for all of the computers at our offices, so no need to buy individual licenses/programs for each one
* Established program that is always updating and trying to stay ahead

Cons

* No security program is perfect. There are some threats that definitely go undetected by this. I use this in conjunction with a few free tools from Malwarebytes to keep all of the computers free of problems

Norton AntiVirus and Malwarebytes for Business
Bhagya
Bhagya
  • Industry: Higher Education

Endpoint to Cyber Attackts

Reviewed on 21/3/2019

Our Firm is using McAfee End Point Security for 3 Years and It really helps to maintain a problem-free IT environment and allowed every employee to work smoothly.

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security helps to streamline the IT infrastructure of the firm by limiting the problems from Viruses, Trojans, Spams and everyother cyber related problems. It automatically cleans the infected files. And frequent updates to application is enhancing the protection to latest cyber attacks. The User Interface is also eyecatching and easy to navigate. Cross platform support is really helpful to firms which using linux, windows and mac operating systems. At the end, the application's activities are neatly logged and fedback to user/administrator and to the Mcafee company to improve the Quality.

Cons

It sometimes very problematic application for low-end devices, because it use some considerable amount of processing power to run the application. Sometimes, infected files (previously valuable files) are automatically removing without repairing, which cannot be undo. And the price of the application is also pave the path to think again about buying the software.

Zuhairah
Zuhairah
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

McAfee is what you need for digital protection

Reviewed on 9/7/2021

Pros

MCAfee Endpoint Security is the one solution for digital protection that every organization should have. It protect my computer from viruses, malware, ransomware and Trojan software that can really destroying all of my work data and files on my computer. The detection rate in detecting viruses is one of the highest.

Cons

I have not see anything to dislike with this software feature and tools. Everything is working well, and it can scanned my computer without slowing my computer down, unlike some of the antivirus software. Overall, i really happy deploying this software on my computer.

Dylan
  • Industry: Warehousing

Trellix Endpoint Security

Reviewed on 6/6/2023

It’s been great having this application on the company computers. Works flawlessly

Pros

Inexpensive, user friendly, works wonderfully

Cons

I could not find anything I didn’t like about it

Valeh
Valeh

Essential protection for your personal and commercial information

Reviewed on 3/8/2018

If you want to make your files, pictures, projects and future plans protected then McAfee Endpoint Security must be your first choice.

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security saved me from serious attacks several times. It happened while opening scam mails, installing unknown softwares and visiting less secured websites. With endpoint defense technologies McAfee Endpoint Security foresees and prevents threats in real time before they infect your computer. Nowadays with the improvement of the internet technologies cyber attacks also increased. As I am working in a big company business plans of our company and their security are very important for us. To keep our information safe and secure McAfee Endpoint Security is our choice among corporate endpoint protection products. The best feature of McAfee Endpoint Security is absolutely machine learning algorithms to help identify malicious behavior. It continuously develops itself while protecting you and prevents you from new attacks.

Cons

After using McAfee Endpoint Security there was a little delay in my computer's boot time. Actually my computer started a little late compared before. But it is not big problem for me considering it protects me from big data loss.

High Quality of Preventing Threats of McAfee

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

I highly recommend using McAfee for people who really love to download different online applications from many sources. Also, it is for business to protect customers and organization information. McAfee surely to keep your security at the highest protection from different threats and viruses.

Pros

McAfee provides a solid wall to protect the technology devices away from threats. It gave me a high safety feeling to my laptop after using it for more than two years. In the past, I have downloaded many things from unknown websites, so I worry a lot about those securities. Since I used McAfee, my worries about them reduced significantly. Also, I have checked my laptop whenever I download something with McAfee. McAfee creates a trustworthy for users. Moreover, McAfee monitors your device to ensure they are normally operating. It is a reliable security software.

Cons

The appearance looks complicated to the first time users. Also, I can only use McAfee to scan viruses on my laptop without doing anything else because it will cause laggy to other activities performed at the same time.

Brett
Brett
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Maximum protection against endpoint threats

Reviewed on 26/8/2022

It offers complete and modern security for computer equipment, adapted to the needs of our company. It guarantees advanced levels of protection against computer threats.

Pros

The cloud-based administration interface makes it easy to manage from anywhere. It prevents most threats before they can be executed, ensuring that employees can do their work without fear of cyber damage to computers. It is lightweight, fast and its resource consumption on computers is low. Its protection system does not require user intervention, allowing the use of time for other tasks required by the company.

Cons

In the initial analysis it can detect false negatives and its price is considerably high.