Trellix Endpoint Security Reviews

Trellix Endpoint Security

4.2 (1,800)
Computer security and endpoint protection platform

(1,800)
4.0/5
4.2/5
4.2/5
4.1/5

Alejandra
Alejandra

McAfee is the best option for small business

Reviewed on 26/5/2022

Pros

The product is easy to use, easy to implement and the customer support is great

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the integration with google Chrome and how internet protection is only for native OS browsers (safari for macOS and edge for windows).

Norton AntiVirus and ESET Endpoint Security

Reasons for Choosing Trellix Endpoint Security

It used to block our MDM system (Rippling integration).

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

Integration, Ease of use, Costs.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

A Stable Solution for Security Needs.

Reviewed on 9/11/2019

At the time of deployment, MacAfee Endpoint Security in 2015 it was a great selection due to good price point vs feature set, they have good internal support but support by local partner was lacking.
It has very heavy foot print, and management interface increases the learning curve

Pros

We were using MacAfee Endpoint Security since 2015, providing good endpoint protection, with great functionality and features, enabling us to mitigate threats and increasing user and network uptime.
The international support is also very competent, is there when you need it. Once there was a crptoware attack on one of our pc which we disconnected from network. There international support worked with us to build a custom patch for environment, so the threat could be stopped from spreading from a single pc.

Cons

There central management interface is not the easiest of interfaces, some time one has to do too much navigation to accomplish a simple task.
The MacAfee endpoint security is very resource hungry, specially the drive encryption feature can take a real toll on the hard disks.
Also the drive encryption feature creates headache for support staff, if they had to reinstall the operating system the drive needed to be decrypted and the decryption process is very time consuming taking even days to decrypt the drive.

Symantec Endpoint Security

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

Due to better pricing, good centralized management features and good feed back from I.T community we selected this product.
Mary Lee
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Our Business Acquired 2 Major Viruses While Supposedly Protected By McAfee

Reviewed on 27/7/2019

I would not recommend McAfee because our business suffered major virus setbacks, despite safeguards, on the two separate occasions when McAfee was a primary security system. The second virus was so severe that everything saved to the lap top had to be wiped and the lap top reconditioned by Microsoft for us to ever use it again. Fortunately, we had most important material backed up, but it still caused a lot of trouble and a great deal of loss of time, which for a business connected to writing and editing, which operates always on deadlines, had an especially huge impact. By contrast, whenever we have operated with Norton as our main security provider (touch wood), we have not experienced any such severe infection. Equally, McAfee customer support, we found to be largely unhelpful, and had we not had customer support from Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard, we would have been at a loss, as our company is too small to have a tech team of its own.

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security is, at least in theory, very extensive, covering a great deal in regards to threats and understanding threats, which is helpful.

Cons

Our business, which is small, maintains very high security settings, always keeping on top of updates and checks etc., and our few employees are very careful about virus protection and avoiding threats as much as possible. However, we rely on our security system. Twice we were for an extended period protected by McAfee, and on both occasions, not only were our laptops seemingly more susceptible to minor difficulties and the sorts of things that slow down the system/render it less reliable, we also ended up with two severe viruses.

Alhassan
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

nothing gets past McAfee without getting thoroughly checked

Reviewed on 8/7/2021

My devices never suffered from malware infiltration or crashes while I used McAfee because it was designed to effectively pre-empt and remove threats before they cause irredeemable damage to devices or cause damage and loss of files. Also, protection extended to both online and offline activity. Ignoring the pricing lapses and stubborn notifications, it has been a really great product to use.

Pros

Malware detection was very potent, often catching viruses and other threat forms on thumb drives cleared by other devices operating different anti-virus software. The added password management feature certainly adds a secondary level of security and device access management. Finally, I admire how it conducts real time threat assessments in the background without interfering with your ongoing tasks, and only calls for action only when certain kinds of threats are detected. The automation of many of the key processes is really great for undisrupted workflow.

Cons

The constant notifications on product upgrades was very annoying, and somehow could never be disabled because it kept popping up regardless. Secondly, the pricing packages are a bit murky and unclear.

McAfee is tough customer

Reviewed on 29/3/2021

Overall I am more than satisfied with McAfee, I do believe that this is one of the best Security Softwares that there is out there at the moment and I strongly recommend it, especially after trying many ways to "destroy" it's Security, which were all proven impossible and made me use it myself eventually.

Pros

It basically looks impenetrable, as I came across McAfee for the first time while resolving a connection issue for one Customer. I got more and more interested in it, especially because I had to find and exploit it's weak points, but at the time I wasn't able to find any, which made me try it out ( and eventually use it daily ) on my personal laptop too.

Cons

I didn't like impossibility to find and exploit a weak point, thru which I could gain more access than I should, while solving some issues ( as Support Technician).

• Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

McAfee Endpoint Security - Total Endpoint Security

Reviewed on 8/2/2022

Overall with McAfee Endpoint Security and other McAfee security products that are implemented within the network, total security against various threats is satisfying.

Pros

All new machine learning feature of McAfee Endpoint Security is one of the best in the market. It surely helps to mitigate and detect zero day threats .

Cons

It will be much more convenient if McAfee Endpoint Security has more customizable reports with a separate dashboard for reports.

Carlos Benjamin
Carlos Benjamin
  • Industry: Events Services

Doesnt Escape Anything but your computer Resources

Reviewed on 29/3/2020

It is a great Antivirus, but it is not for everyone, for the most Expensive Antivirus you should expect Good Performance, balanced at least, but it is not.

Pros

Have never had any Issues of Viruses with MCAfee, it is really great, but ...

Cons

It take a lot of the computer Recources, sometimes (when it is checking for viruses) takes 90% of the computer Resources, It does it whenever he wants, It is hard to get to the config to change or make it stop, it is not really User Friendly.

Avast Ultimate Business Security

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

It was Better than Avast in Everyway (but price)
  • Industry: Government Administration

Carefree Internet Security

Reviewed on 19/7/2019

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security is provided to us as part of our internet service package. I have found it to be easy to set up and leave alone to do its job. I will go in every now and again and check the logs but have found McAfee to be always secure.

Cons

No complaints from me on McAfee Endpoint Security.

Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

We went with McAfee Endpoint over Norton Security because of costs. McAfee was provided to us as part of our internet provider's package. As a starting business, we needed to find ways to save money.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Very intelligent secured application

Reviewed on 21/8/2019

It's even detect all threats even the ones was categorized medium to fair harm

It's even detect all threats even the ones was categorized medium to fair harm

Pros

I see this software is the best from Macafee, schedule the time of scanning, they alert you when you are surf the internet from threats and unknown files.

Cons

Some times it's slow down the machine. But apart from that its perfect

Annie

McAfee - The name is enough for protection of network endpoints

Reviewed on 30/6/2015

Pros

Full encryption to prevent data theft from stolen laptops or mobile devices. It offers two versions - business and enterprise with enterprise version excluding data encryption feature. This gives flexibility to enterprises already having other tools to encrypt the storage devices and save on some costs.

Cons

There is no way to completely wipe off the data from stolen devices. It only encrypts the data. Also, it does not check for outdated softwares which may pose a potential threat.

Julianna
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Dragging and Lagging

Reviewed on 21/1/2020

Overall I have felt as if all my assets have been protected by McAfee. However, I often debate whether or not it is worth it to keep McAfee due to the slowing of the system as a by product of using the software.

Pros

What I liked the most about McAfee was that the program provided many facets needed to protect the computer against threats, potential and current. McAfee does just about anything that any company would need to secure their IT portion of the company.

Cons

While McAfee has many positive components, there are several pitfalls. One of the most annoying pieces of this software is the constant notifying of updates, changes, and reactivations. Because they are so frequent, the computers slow down and lag. Other programs are slower to open than others. This alone makes me want to get rid of McAfee right away.

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

McAfee was a name that I trusted and have had extensive experience with McAfee in the past. Despite having some qualms about the quirks of the software, it was worth keeping it for the protection.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used for 2+ years

Tired of McAfee hijacking my programs

Reviewed on 26/1/2021

I avoid this program at all costs. I understand they have many partnerships and other companies probably get a kickback every time someone downloads their program with McAfee attached, but it's annoying. They send you constant messages to upgrade, the system will start 'cleaning your files' but then stop to tell you about purchasing another product from their company to actually solve the problem.

Pros

Not much...it provides a modicum of security for those that do not have any other options. It works as a basic security platform.

Cons

I do not like how this 'free' program continues to hijack my system...it worms its way into so many programs through the free download like a parasite. Whenever we download or purchase a program, you have to be vigilant to unclick the box that says McAfee. If you already have any other security program running, it interferes with the program, causing your computer to run slow

jimmy

Mcafee End point Security

Reviewed on 30/5/2021

Mcafee Endpoint was pretty easy to deploy and manage. It is the best of its class.

Pros

Mcafee EPO/endpoint solutions works pretty well at catches viruses ,malware and trojans. My customers love it .

Cons

Mcafee endpoint solutions has two issues. The first is that it can be resource intensive. For example, it is a memory hog. The second, it can disrupt some normal computer activities like sending and receiving email or opening files.

Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Choosing Trellix Endpoint Security

It was time to renew contract. It definitely was not the price.

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

It was time to renew contract. It definitely was not the price.
Michael
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Secure AntiVirus Software

Reviewed on 18/9/2020

My experience with McAfee is primarily with cellular phones and laptops, as well as home personal computers. McAfee is great to run when you find that your computer running slower than expected, and typically it will send a warning that the users needs to run a Security Check. That process is simple, just the touch of a button and answering yes or no to a few easy questions about varied findings. It has also been beneficial in assisting to locate a stolen Apple IPhone with local police, as well as locking my stolen phones to protect my family and personal information.

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security is an easy to use antivirus/anti malware/computer locator/cell phone locator program and service which one may choose to purchase yearly subscriptions or month to month from online directly from McAfee or stores such as Best Buy. Installing a Security and Antivirus Software on ones expensive private phone, computer or tablet is very important because a computer virus can ruin a $1000 or more dollars and without running a software the consumer would neither be aware of the cause nor be able to perform the simple automated repairs, which are included in the software. It’s especially useful if your phone is lost or stolen as you can have phone locator activated and it can assist police in resolving your lost personal information and financial investment. Buying the software is much wiser than risking the common occurrence of computer malware or computer viruses, which can waste hundreds to thousands of dollars and potentially lose priceless photos, and necessary business information, as well as leave ones family and home to the potential access of vandals or criminal acts. McAfee is a sure way to Secure your online world, with passcodes and strong customer service support.

Cons

McAfee is not free. They offer a partial McAfee software program which covers basics, and most new devices offer a seven to thirty day free trial period, however once that trial period is over you must choose to pay McAfee or another Endpoint Software company else you are putting your online valuables, privacy, and workload at risk as well as the device itself potentially being ruined. It’s a shame that with cell phone companies and internet providers charging such enormous amounts that such a software is not included. The cost of another necessity in the evolutionary stage of internet and technology usage is somewhat frustrating, however relevant and necessary for optimal use of your tech products.

Binujaya

Feel protected at any time

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

All in all, this software provides a great safe for your computer from viruses and some unwanted errors that may occur but it’s not too great. It needs some improvement and they need to reconsider the price. There are other much cheaper and better software that you can find and use plus they will offer you better protection.

Pros

McAfee is a great anti-virus tool. They have a great supporting team and are very helpful when you need help from them. If some problem occurs they are solving it very fast, which is something that I like most. This software has helped me and protected my computer from viruses for a long time. It recognizes almost all of the viruses plus the new ones that come up every day. Also, McAfee does a pc scan on its own which is something very nice because sometimes you can forget about scanning your pc and to find out that you have some errors or viruses on your computer.

Cons

What I don’t like is that it slows my computer a lot. I don’t know why is that happening, maybe because they added something that it’s not needed in the program or some software error however they need to fix that. Another thing that I dislike is that sometimes the scan for errors and viruses take too long. Plus it takes a lot of your memory when you do a scan. If you don’t have enough memory then this is not the right product for you. In the end, the price is not cheap. For anti-virus program that has a lot of things to fix the price is way too high.

Rajesh
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Review of McAfee Endpoint Security.

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

McAfee is better than others because everyday give a update. so i like very much.

Pros

This McAfee Endpoint security is very good security products from others provider. because they do updated version as quick as possible. so this very better s/w in system security.

Cons

McAfee need better help and support to end-user. i sometime to take help from mcafee they took late give a solutions. so they must need improve support.

Avast Ultimate Business Security

nothing

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

need more security our enterprises.
Alyssa

10 Stars!

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

I truly have had an awesome experience with McAfee and I would come back to this service, time and time because it truly is worth it. It eliminates problems and provides top of the line protection, so that I don't then have to problem solve. So, if I had to name this software, I would consider it to be the Ultimate problem solver.

Pros

I've been using this security protect for the past 4 years on my MacBook. It hands down is the best in comparison to its competitors. I love that I don't need to actively do anything, to ensure that I am protected, it simply works in the background. It was truly a great investment, as, I kid you not, I have never had one single scare or worry. I know that I am safe because, the program runs malware checks and updates every day and once for the week, every two days. I also like that the interface is easy to navigate, if I decide to do a manual scan of everything on my computer, I simply have to click scan. Not a lot of different steps and the reports are always clear and easy to understand.

Cons

Its so good at times, I almost forget about it. It would be good, if I were to get periodic notifications. Also, the scans do take a really long time to complete, so you have to be prepared to not use your computer for a good hour and a half.

ethan
ethan

A very good tool to protect against malware

Reviewed on 13/9/2019

In general, mcafee endpoint security is a fairly complete and versatile tool to detect and eliminate malware, although there is still much to improve.

Pros

Mcafee is an excellent tool to protect devices, what I like most about McAfee endpoint security is its very complete and intuitive interface, very easy to understand and use even for the less experienced.
Mcafee endpoint security is quite complete and versatile, I can use it on all my devices without any problem. Besides, its technical support is quite efficient and responds quickly, thanks to this I have always solved all the problems I have had with McAfee.
Although McAfee endpoint security is a very good option, many cons made me leave it.

Cons

What I mainly don't like about McAfee endpoint security is that its performance blow is quite high, significantly slowing down the productivity of my device.
It is also clear that notifies and results in many false positives or does not detect viruses that other antivirus software detect with relative ease.
However, it is a fairly complete and relatively inexpensive tool.

Brandy
Brandy

Great if u can afford

Reviewed on 10/7/2020

No complaints just wish it were a lil less costly

No complaints just wish it were a lil less costly

Pros

McAfee endpoint security has great malware and virus protection,& is amazing @ fixing infected files that you may already have plus it works on PCS and phones and it'll keep your emails safe and it has good troubleshooting options also n you can run it in the background w/out it interrupting what your currently doing

Cons

It is expensive & can freeze your computer up & crashes sometimes, plus it causes your wk to be slow when it's doing a scan

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Just try something new

It was recommended
sameer
sameer

McAfee- The best Antivirus software

Reviewed on 23/9/2020

To conclude, I would like to express my utmost satisfaction with this software, infact this software is so effective and helps run the laptop seamlessly that I have bought the same and installed it on my personal laptop. Big shout out for this software!

Pros

Well in these times of post COVID world, I have realized the value of McAfee and the ways it is keeping my laptop safe from external threats as we are not working on the organization's network. McAfee constantly scans all the external files I download everyday and blocks it from installing if the same contains any trojan or malware. The best part about the software that I like is the fact that it scans the my whole laptop very fastly without interrupting any other day to day process in my laptop. All I can say is since last 2 years I haven't seen any issue from my laptop from antivirus perspective, all thanks to the best antivirus installed in my system. Thanks McAfee for making our lives and work easier.

Cons

Well, though there are very minute negatives about this software, I would still like to highlight the fact that whenever we click on the "update now" feature on the top right corner of the web application, it takes quite a lot of time to download the updated software and reinstall the same on my laptop, because of this reason, I have kept my laptop idle in the night couple of times so that McAfee gets updated and reinstalled. Apart from this, I don't think there is any point that could be counted as a con for this particular software.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

One of the best antivirus software with firewall protection and real-time scanning

Reviewed on 9/9/2018

Pros

Really effective antivirus software that helped me remove many virus and trojans from my machine.
It also helps me protect my data through real time scanning and firewall security measures.
There are also frequent updates to this software for improvements or new features.
It is one of the best antivirus and antispyware applications.
Need to buy subscriptions per PC annually and works really great.
Gives decent reporting about the areas scanned, infected or any issues detected.
It also provides option to quarantine viruses and malwares.
One of the best useful feature is the schedule scan, which helps me schedule a scan on daily or weekly basis for enhanced security, keeping the computer safe and working super fast.
Scanning different areas on the hard drive doesn't slow down the performance too.

Cons

Not very efficient for malware removal, but serves the purpose of virus and trojans.
Removes infected files instantly before warning, at times difficult to recover the files without infection.
Seems to be one of the best security softwares in the market as compared to it's competitors QuickHeal and Norton.

Bhagya
Bhagya
  • Industry: Higher Education

Endpoint to Cyber Attackts

Reviewed on 21/3/2019

Our Firm is using McAfee End Point Security for 3 Years and It really helps to maintain a problem-free IT environment and allowed every employee to work smoothly.

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security helps to streamline the IT infrastructure of the firm by limiting the problems from Viruses, Trojans, Spams and everyother cyber related problems. It automatically cleans the infected files. And frequent updates to application is enhancing the protection to latest cyber attacks. The User Interface is also eyecatching and easy to navigate. Cross platform support is really helpful to firms which using linux, windows and mac operating systems. At the end, the application's activities are neatly logged and fedback to user/administrator and to the Mcafee company to improve the Quality.

Cons

It sometimes very problematic application for low-end devices, because it use some considerable amount of processing power to run the application. Sometimes, infected files (previously valuable files) are automatically removing without repairing, which cannot be undo. And the price of the application is also pave the path to think again about buying the software.

Fırat

Overall great but has a minor problem

Reviewed on 26/11/2022

I thought for a while to explain my general experience and I would like to express my opinions, you think that it is useless because it runs in the background, but it is quite successful in preventing pop-up windows and malware, it feels safe to use my computer without losing any efficiency.

Pros

I must say that I was skeptical that a simple, affordable, and easy to use computer security product would be any good. But I have been very impressed with this product. I have used it as a trial for a few months now and it has worked flawlessly. It is easy to use and very easy to install. I have a desktop and laptop connected and it has worked flawlessly. The only issue I've had is the software has been way too complicated for me.

Cons

Since I have never used antivirus software before, I did not understand some user terms and this made it difficult for me to use, I would have preferred it to be written in a simpler and more original language.

Arshad
  • Industry: Higher Education

McAfee Endpoint Security

Reviewed on 27/9/2021

I have been using McAfee Endpoint Security software on my computer for quite a lot of time and despite slowing the system I still continue to use it for the sense of security that it gives against viruses and other cyber threats to my computer.

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security is a powerful antivirus and IInIntIInternet protection software. Along with actively monitoring and guarding your computer systems against threats it also scans it to find and eliminate any virus that is already on it. It is effective against every type of harmful file whether its a virus, malware, trojen, or any other harmful script along with defense against advanced cyber attacks like fileless malware, zero day and polymorphic attacks, ransomware etc. It is available on all computer and smartphone platforms. It has a very low annual subscription fee for desktops, while is available free for IOS and Android systems.

Cons

As McAfee Endpoint Security actively guards your sustem in real time, it always keeps a part.of you computer hardware resources at work, hence making your system function a bit slow.

Hossam
Hossam

Best of Home use Security

Reviewed on 2/9/2021

Overall it is very good for home use & a quite small network offices, value for money & providing basic needed security.

Pros

I've been using McAfee for home endpoint security & what i like most about it is that it is affordable for home users & the license can serve several Endpoints, it makes us safely surf the web & not worrying about any basic security issues

Cons

The least i like about it is its continuous pop ups to announce what it has caught, plus it is a bit resource intensive, using high memory of the PC