Trellix Endpoint Security

4.2 (1,775)
Computer security and endpoint protection platform

(1,775)
4.0/5
4.1/5
4.2/5
4.1/5

Joshua

Best in the industry

Reviewed on 19/9/2021

Pros

McAfee is a trusted and well-known brand. Their speciality has always been computer security; this makes me feel a bit more at ease when it comes to protecting my business devices. It integrates well with MacOS and iOS, so setting it up was very easy. The best thing perhaps is that it does the job very well without needing to bog down CPU/memory usage.

Cons

There isn't really anything in particular that I don't like about this software.

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection

Reasons for Choosing Trellix Endpoint Security

Norton AntiVirus made my MacBook run very, very slow.

Amirshahab

Peace of mind for small network

Reviewed on 26/2/2021

During several years, I used different version of MacAfee and find it a better solution for small size network or even home laptops. With MAcafee Endpoint application, there is no single point of fail. I would recommend constant backup and plenty of Ram for the main server.

Pros

It has great protection for my small network and all systems are under protection umbrellas by this software. Scheduling regular scan is easy and manual scan is easier.
The detection level and its guard is higher than free app(Like windows defender). Updating the app is so easy and reporting is available.
the interface and the main menu is also easy to work and very user friendly.

Cons

It controls the search engine and sometime changes it to standard useless Yahoo search.
it makes the boot or first startup a bit slower and one may feel total computer speed is slower. However it becomes good after some seconds

Avast Small Office Protection

Reasons for Choosing Trellix Endpoint Security

faster and better performance.

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

It supported by my ISP and also had better pricing.(Free for some of the units)
Mary Lee
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Our Business Acquired 2 Major Viruses While Supposedly Protected By McAfee

Reviewed on 27/7/2019

I would not recommend McAfee because our business suffered major virus setbacks, despite safeguards, on the two separate occasions when McAfee was a primary security system. The second virus was so severe that everything saved to the lap top had to be wiped and the lap top reconditioned by Microsoft for us to ever use it again. Fortunately, we had most important material backed up, but it still caused a lot of trouble and a great deal of loss of time, which for a business connected to writing and editing, which operates always on deadlines, had an especially huge impact. By contrast, whenever we have operated with Norton as our main security provider (touch wood), we have not experienced any such severe infection. Equally, McAfee customer support, we found to be largely unhelpful, and had we not had customer support from Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard, we would have been at a loss, as our company is too small to have a tech team of its own.

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security is, at least in theory, very extensive, covering a great deal in regards to threats and understanding threats, which is helpful.

Cons

Our business, which is small, maintains very high security settings, always keeping on top of updates and checks etc., and our few employees are very careful about virus protection and avoiding threats as much as possible. However, we rely on our security system. Twice we were for an extended period protected by McAfee, and on both occasions, not only were our laptops seemingly more susceptible to minor difficulties and the sorts of things that slow down the system/render it less reliable, we also ended up with two severe viruses.

Ayseli Bozkır
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Ensures the security of our internal communcation

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

Pros

We have a private communication network inside our company and Trellix Endpoint Security ensures its security.

Cons

We would be quite pleased if the technical support could solve the problems in shorter time periods.

Julianna
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Dragging and Lagging

Reviewed on 21/1/2020

Overall I have felt as if all my assets have been protected by McAfee. However, I often debate whether or not it is worth it to keep McAfee due to the slowing of the system as a by product of using the software.

Pros

What I liked the most about McAfee was that the program provided many facets needed to protect the computer against threats, potential and current. McAfee does just about anything that any company would need to secure their IT portion of the company.

Cons

While McAfee has many positive components, there are several pitfalls. One of the most annoying pieces of this software is the constant notifying of updates, changes, and reactivations. Because they are so frequent, the computers slow down and lag. Other programs are slower to open than others. This alone makes me want to get rid of McAfee right away.

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

McAfee was a name that I trusted and have had extensive experience with McAfee in the past. Despite having some qualms about the quirks of the software, it was worth keeping it for the protection.
JAZE
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

McAfee Endpoint Security Is Solid As A Rock!!

Reviewed on 26/8/2021

I have a complete piece of mind all the time when using my PC. This software takes actions against threats immediately so as long as it's updated, I am never worried about cyber attacks.

Pros

This software comes with a defensive technology designed to protect your PC, correct your PC and detect malware/viruses on your PC throughout the lifecycle of an attack by using advanced machine learning and reputation-based counter-measures. Easy to use and even easier to manage, it becomes more intelligent as new attacks become more intelligent.

Cons

I find that the software does pop-up a lot to make you aware of its presence on your PC. At times while I'm busy watching content on my computer, it likes to advertise its new features inappropriately but I would rather be safe than sorry so I just minimize it.

Avast Ultimate Business Security

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

McAfee has been a brand I have trusted for years and although Avast was becoming rather popular in recent years, I felt more comfortable using what has never let me down before.
Amy
  • Industry: Executive Office

MacAfee…Maybe

Reviewed on 9/9/2021

I really like McAfee I think it’s a solid fortress for any computer any where. It has unbeatable fire walls and the darn thing won’t let the dust bear your machine.

Pros

What I like is that this software is like having an army wrapped around my computer. It lets nothing go unnoticed, very secure and inexpensive

Cons

What I like least about this is the alerts are a bit over whelming and disruptive. There are several alarms which are interruptions when in the middle of a project

Carlos Benjamin
  • Industry: Events Services

Doesnt Escape Anything but your computer Resources

Reviewed on 29/3/2020

It is a great Antivirus, but it is not for everyone, for the most Expensive Antivirus you should expect Good Performance, balanced at least, but it is not.

Pros

Have never had any Issues of Viruses with MCAfee, it is really great, but ...

Cons

It take a lot of the computer Recources, sometimes (when it is checking for viruses) takes 90% of the computer Resources, It does it whenever he wants, It is hard to get to the config to change or make it stop, it is not really User Friendly.

Avast Ultimate Business Security

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

It was Better than Avast in Everyway (but price)
  • Industry: Banking

McAfee Endpoint Security - Total Endpoint Security

Reviewed on 8/2/2022

Overall with McAfee Endpoint Security and other McAfee security products that are implemented within the network, total security against various threats is satisfying.

Pros

All new machine learning feature of McAfee Endpoint Security is one of the best in the market. It surely helps to mitigate and detect zero day threats .

Cons

It will be much more convenient if McAfee Endpoint Security has more customizable reports with a separate dashboard for reports.

• Industry: Government Administration

Carefree Internet Security

Reviewed on 19/7/2019

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security is provided to us as part of our internet service package. I have found it to be easy to set up and leave alone to do its job. I will go in every now and again and check the logs but have found McAfee to be always secure.

Cons

No complaints from me on McAfee Endpoint Security.

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

We went with McAfee Endpoint over Norton Security because of costs. McAfee was provided to us as part of our internet provider's package. As a starting business, we needed to find ways to save money.
Sebnem

Good protection against viruses and malwares.

Reviewed on 3/3/2020

We have been using McAfee Endpoint Security for years. The software is so successful for protecting your endpoints. If you use this software with McAfee ePO which is centralized security management software, you can easily configure, use and manage

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security is one of the most important security software in our company. The software is so good in malware and virus protection. McAfee Endpoint Security not only protects against viruses and/or malwares but also has fabuluous functionality to repair infected files. Also, software has an excellent reporting capabilities.

Cons

The software requires a lot of RAM, because of consumption of McAfee resources is so high. Computers slow down while scanning.
Antiphishing capability is little bit poor.

Reasons for Choosing Trellix Endpoint Security

Our license was over. We have researched new products and decided to use McAfee Endpoint Security.

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

We did some POC on a few products and we chose the McAfee Enpoint Security because of the good overall functionality.
Caleb
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Secure

Reviewed on 23/1/2020

I uninstalled after so much lagging it was causing my computer to process.

Pros

I like the fact of how it protects my computer from viruses and does a little more. I used it everyday when it came as default on my PCs.

Cons

When it says the thing about the trial has ended I think having a fee for protecting a computer shouldn't even be charged. And also I do like how it protects your computer, but it makes the system works slow even if it works in the background.

Malwarebytes for Business

Reasons for Choosing Trellix Endpoint Security

To give it a try after my Norton program trial ended.

Reasons for Switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

I don't use it anymore thank you anyway nice service.
Ronald
  • Industry: Plastics

Good Deal

Reviewed on 31/1/2022

I have been using McAfee for many years and it has always worked good for me. Only once did I get a virus before I installed McAfee. I installed it, it found the virus and eradicated it.

Pros

It works in the background and you wouldn't even know it's there. I have never had a virus since I started using it and it doesn't slow my computer down

Cons

A popup that tells you that it did a scan once in a while might be nice, but IO do like how it runs in the background and doesn't interfere with what I'm doing. Other than that I don't have any problems with this software

David
  • Industry: Wholesale

Excellent Security Software For Businesses

Reviewed on 10/9/2020

Overall McAfee is very easy to use, simple to maintain and operate, and well equipped to respond very well to a wide variety of outside threats to any business.

Pros

McAfee is an excellent security solution for companies who need Firewall, Email and Internet protection for desktops, laptops, and mobile devices. It's very easy to manage and add or remove devices as needed through a central dashboard. Some of its best features are excellent protection against security breaches that include viruses, data loss, malware, ransonware, spyware, and phishing threats. McAfee also comes with a file shredder. It’s an excellent tool to permanently delete files that you don’t want anyone else to see. McAfee does a very good job of blocking spam and unsafe Emails from reaching employees' devices. You can also use McAfee to block unsafe sites from employees ability to access them on your company's network. In the event of a virus, the McAfee software can easily completely remove it. The software has very reliable features such as continual security updates that will constantly scan users devices and search for new threats. Deployment and Administration was very fast and easy. McAfee support is solid and always available to help with any issues that may arise.

Cons

McAfee does have a negative downside. It can affect the speed performance of other applications and cause lags even when it's operating in the background.

Alyssa
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

10 Stars!

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

I truly have had an awesome experience with McAfee and I would come back to this service, time and time because it truly is worth it. It eliminates problems and provides top of the line protection, so that I don't then have to problem solve. So, if I had to name this software, I would consider it to be the Ultimate problem solver.

Pros

I've been using this security protect for the past 4 years on my MacBook. It hands down is the best in comparison to its competitors. I love that I don't need to actively do anything, to ensure that I am protected, it simply works in the background. It was truly a great investment, as, I kid you not, I have never had one single scare or worry. I know that I am safe because, the program runs malware checks and updates every day and once for the week, every two days. I also like that the interface is easy to navigate, if I decide to do a manual scan of everything on my computer, I simply have to click scan. Not a lot of different steps and the reports are always clear and easy to understand.

Cons

Its so good at times, I almost forget about it. It would be good, if I were to get periodic notifications. Also, the scans do take a really long time to complete, so you have to be prepared to not use your computer for a good hour and a half.

Emily
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Extensible and Integrated Security Solution

Reviewed on 12/1/2021

Enhanced protection and threat protection is provided by McAfee MVISION endpoint feature. McAfee MVISION mobile helps in detecting threats and attacks from mobile devices. Various established capabilities are combined with it such as heuristics, reputations, firewall, EDR etc. It automatically detects threats and prevents against the attacks of virus so that it will not be able to access your systems. It is regularly updating its features to keep your endpoints safe and secure.

Pros

It helps in re-mediating and finding zero-day threats, file-less threats, ransomware and plenty of other advanced threats. It facilitates by providing centrally managed and organized security platform for endpoints. All of its products are integrated with windows defender and it helps in extending threat protection for mac OS, Windows, Linux as well as IOS and Android devices. It is integrated with various capabilities like machine learning analysis and detecting endpoints.

Cons

Amount of detecting false viruses should be reduced. It may be difficult to identify zero-days in it. It may not work for advanced malware. A lot of resources on your work stations are needed for it. It may slow down or shut down your systems. It will utilize a lot of memory and resources.

AYOOLA
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

My PC is protected from outside threats thanks to McAfee Endpoint Security.

Reviewed on 4/6/2021

A security that is second to none and protects every device

Pros

One security breach at your company is all it takes to recognize that security software isn't an option. Because the free programs weren't cutting it,  I upgraded to McAfee's Endpoint Security system. They have a wide range of products, including iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Linux. You can secure all of the devices on your network. The Endpoint differs it has improved detection and correction capabilities that allow it to change security controls in Windows 10. When McAfee detects a threat, it alerts me right away, and I set up preset steps for when that happens.

Cons

McAfee's Endpoint Security, as you might assume, is not cheap. It is entirely dependent on your company's demands, and I recommend speaking with a member of their sales team to identify which features you require. They personalize the software so that you can feel comfortable that all security flaws will be addressed. I did have a couple of challenges contacts with customer service. If you're unfamiliar with the world of cybersecurity, you'll need to ask them to explain it to you in layman's terms.

PAOLO
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

The antivirus solution for companies

Reviewed on 23/4/2021

McAfee Endpoint Security certainly offers everything you need, allowing you to continue working with confidence.
In recent times, where the prevention of cyber attacks is increasingly felt, this product has allowed us to improve the security of our network

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security tries to offer with its suite, all the protection necessary to silently fight everything that is malicious for the user.
The product is sufficiently simple to use, its centralization allows clients to forget its presence even if the antivirus continues to work in the background trying to block files with malicious behavior before they can spread.
The positive aspect of a centralized antivirus is the ability to let you perform analyzes on single files or folders on request.

Cons

In general, I think it is a good antivirus, even if its presence sometimes degrades the performance of your computer when it comes to carrying out a complete analysis of the disk, in this case I suggest scheduling the analyzes when the computers are not in use.
I recommend checking if the security updates correctly because sometimes it can happen to be a little behind with the antivirus signatures

Dawn
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Easy to use and install

Reviewed on 10/3/2022

McAfee is great option for antivirus. Simple to use and install

Pros

It was very simple to install and use this software and similar functions to other brands we used before.

Cons

I had more headaches with certain sights and software not wanting to work properly when using this.

Reasons for Choosing Trellix Endpoint Security

Pricing was better for McAfee at the time

Pricing was better
sameer

McAfee- The best Antivirus software

Reviewed on 23/9/2020

To conclude, I would like to express my utmost satisfaction with this software, infact this software is so effective and helps run the laptop seamlessly that I have bought the same and installed it on my personal laptop. Big shout out for this software!

Pros

Well in these times of post COVID world, I have realized the value of McAfee and the ways it is keeping my laptop safe from external threats as we are not working on the organization's network. McAfee constantly scans all the external files I download everyday and blocks it from installing if the same contains any trojan or malware. The best part about the software that I like is the fact that it scans the my whole laptop very fastly without interrupting any other day to day process in my laptop. All I can say is since last 2 years I haven't seen any issue from my laptop from antivirus perspective, all thanks to the best antivirus installed in my system. Thanks McAfee for making our lives and work easier.

Cons

Well, though there are very minute negatives about this software, I would still like to highlight the fact that whenever we click on the "update now" feature on the top right corner of the web application, it takes quite a lot of time to download the updated software and reinstall the same on my laptop, because of this reason, I have kept my laptop idle in the night couple of times so that McAfee gets updated and reinstalled. Apart from this, I don't think there is any point that could be counted as a con for this particular software.

Maryorie
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Protects operating systems, files, among others. Easy to manage, and agile to detect threats.

Reviewed on 18/7/2018

Pros

This software allows the integration of several endpoint protection technologies that help combat and analyze threats that can cause damage to computers, programs, files, emails and systems. McAfee Endpoint Security uses very advanced defenses that allow it to detect malicious actions before they are executed, that is, it deciphers the behaviors of suspicious actions that could cause damages such as viruses, adware, trojans, spyware, among others that attack the computer system. As for the management it is easy to manage, it allows the protection of the information that is kept in the files, and when you open the program with just a clicks you start to execute the protection, or you can program it, and for those who do not have as much knowledge of operating systems, McAfee Endpoint Security is compatible with Windows and Mac, among others.

Cons

It is a very good software, maybe it presents some problems of incompatibility, but it is more of a lack of knowledge of the one that installs on the requirements of the program than of the program itself.

End to End protractor for Corporate Machines!!

Reviewed on 28/9/2018

Have been using this software for the past 2 years and it's the best which I have used so far.
It also keeps secured all the computers in the network which we use in our company, so if you are looking for a company network level protection then this is the best option available in the current market.

Pros

No matter how careful you are while downloading or installing a software OR while browsing the internet, there is always a risk of getting hacked or attacked by malicious worms or virus or any online threats.
To be safe and secure you need an Antivirus Software which safeguards your PC/laptop from such online threats.
McAfee Endpoint security is one of the best antiviruses I have used which is very easy to manage and very effective.
Always keep updating with latest protection security patches against viruses and keeps system protected.

Cons

- Might slow the booting time of your system - but that is only when your system is starting.
- Little more expensive than I'd like.
- Sometimes it blocks software which we use, which we might have to manually allow to run.
- Not too many issues which I can mention as of now.

Hossam

Best of Home use Security

Reviewed on 2/9/2021

Overall it is very good for home use & a quite small network offices, value for money & providing basic needed security.

Pros

I've been using McAfee for home endpoint security & what i like most about it is that it is affordable for home users & the license can serve several Endpoints, it makes us safely surf the web & not worrying about any basic security issues

Cons

The least i like about it is its continuous pop ups to announce what it has caught, plus it is a bit resource intensive, using high memory of the PC

Brett
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Maximum protection against endpoint threats

Reviewed on 26/8/2022

It offers complete and modern security for computer equipment, adapted to the needs of our company. It guarantees advanced levels of protection against computer threats.

Pros

The cloud-based administration interface makes it easy to manage from anywhere. It prevents most threats before they can be executed, ensuring that employees can do their work without fear of cyber damage to computers. It is lightweight, fast and its resource consumption on computers is low. Its protection system does not require user intervention, allowing the use of time for other tasks required by the company.

Cons

In the initial analysis it can detect false negatives and its price is considerably high.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

McAfee Endpoint Security protects our business from outside attacks.

Reviewed on 25/7/2018

Top notch security that protects every device on the network!

Pros

It only takes one security breach at your business to realize that security software isn't an option. We upgraded to McAfee's Endpoint Security system, because the free programs weren't cutting it. They offer a variety of products that span from iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Linux. All of your devices on your network can be protected. The difference in Endpoint is the enhanced detection and correction capabilities that can make alterations to security controls in Windows 10. McAfee notifies us of threats immediately when they are found, and we setup default actions for when that happens.

Cons

As you might expect, McAfee's Endpoint Security can be pricey. It depends fully on the needs of your business and would recommend you reach out to a member of their sales team to determine which features you need. They customize the software so you can rest-assured that all of the vulnerabilities will be taken care of. I did have a few interactions with customer support that were difficult. If you are new to the cyber security scene, you will need to ask them to put it in layman's terms.