Sage 100

3.9/5
3.8/5
3.7/5

• Industry: Medical Practice

Easy and clear for your bookkeeping needs

Reviewed on 12/9/2018

I quite like the software and would recommend. I also use Quickbooks, but Sage suits me much better.

Pros

Really easy to understand and get up and running. Simple workflows and very easy to see the underlying transactions .
Adjustments and corrections are a breeze.

Cons

Only issue I have is with electronic file transfers for payments to my bank. Sage keeps sequential files numbers for each of the different payment types (eg. Payroll and Suppliers), but my bank requires the numbers to be sequential overall. Each time I have to adjust the file number to the proper number so my bank does not reject it.
Online support and training material is adequate, but if you need a real person support is limited - hard to get any response and often need to pay.

Tracy
  • Industry: Machinery

Sage 100 -

Reviewed on 7/5/2020

Pros

All the modules are set up the same. We have 8 modules and the set up is the same style.

Cons

Reporting could be easier. They are moving to crystal reports and being able to export from each module but they are not there yet. Attaching tables is a pain to deal with.

Renee
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Fortunately this version has been upgraded

Reviewed on 18/2/2017

I work in the manufacturing industry, specifically a foundry in Chicago.
Several factors bias my...

I work in the manufacturing industry, specifically a foundry in Chicago.
Several factors bias my experience with MAS90/Sage 100. I was introduced to the software with no training or reference guide because the woman before me left suddenly and without any documentation. In a certain perspective that speaks well of this product in that simply by internet research and experimentation, as well as a few call to our highly paid "Sage" support line, I have been able to work with the system adequately.
I would love to upgrade to a new version of this Sage product and imagine that it is very likely a much cleaner and straight forward operating system
For instance, the difference between reversing a check and simply reversing the G/L transaction are two different procedures and a third procedure to void a check that has never been issued is a different procedure entirely from voiding a check that you have placed a stop payment on. In a sense, these five distinctions would be ideal for a precise audit trail if the procedures themselves were not extremely complex and vague to distinguish.
The General Leger reports are clear and are in themselves user friendly in offering the opportunity to easily make accrued and adjusting entries.
I would certainly encourage anyone to investigate the newer versions of Sage in consideration of their industry specific needs.
We have not created a direct interface between our receivables data base "Exact" directly into MAS 90 due to the particular need to maintain specific Alloy/Customer information and our small company simply lacks the time and technical understanding to do so.
Again my situation is severely biased due to my particular circumstances and I believe a newer version of Sage may very likely be an excellent ERP.

Pros

If I can figure out a highly antiquated version of their product without internal direction and assistance, I suspect the newer versions of Sage can only be fat superior.

Cons

A complete mire of ambiguity when it comes to the Accounts Payable component in this ancient version by Sage:MAS 90

Jordan
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

The Toyota Corolla. Not fancy, but efficient and reliable.

Reviewed on 8/8/2020

Efficient. It works. Lots of features. Reliable.

Efficient. It works. Lots of features. Reliable.

Pros

It's reliable and it's a great way to organize data. I like that I can pull data into Excel with a Microsoft Query and have multiple tables to get information from, such as invoice history, purchase order, sales order, and item information.

Cons

It's ancient looking. The aesthetics of the software in Classic View is not modern at all. However, it gets the job done and it's very efficient.

Ezechiel Narcisse
Ezechiel Narcisse

New Sage 100cloud software is great

Reviewed on 19/7/2022

I've been working with Sage 100cloud for the past 6 months. With my busy schedule and the number of clients I'm servicing, I don't have the time to keep track of all my business finances. Sage 100cloud is the perfect solution for me. I can track my cash in and out, see where I'm at with my payables and receivables and create reports for my accountant. I also use the supply chain module to track my suppliers and create an automated purchase order system. Sage 100cloud is a great solution for businesses that don't have time to keep up with their finances.

Pros

I was looking for a new cloud-based solution to manage my accounting and finances because my old program was not able to handle my business' complicated processes, and I found Sage 100cloud. This solution helps simplify your finances by providing a single source of data for items like cash management, financial procedures and supply chain management. You can manage your entire business from anywhere on any device, so I can check my finances from my phone or tablet.

Cons

I haven't really had any issues with this product so far.

Teresa
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Honest

Reviewed on 7/5/2020

I’ve been irritated with the ability to understand why something that should be easy to do has been made hard.

Pros

The ability to have all 3 locations in one company but with sub accounts.

Cons

It is difficult to do certain things in accounts payable and accounts receivable.

Krystle

The All In One Accounting App

Reviewed on 8/12/2023

Pros

I do a lot of financial reporting and I
find that the reporting options are excellent. I’m able to create reports quickly and easily for all accounting needs.

Cons

It’s a small con but the overall look of the application could be better.

Perry
Perry

Software is good, but the cloud is not

Reviewed on 6/3/2019

Pros

They have all the data and functionality we need, the reports are good, the speed of access is decent.

Cons

It is cloud based and we have to pay them every single day for the rest of our lives. We want to have our data local and this does not let us do it. Also, they are not updating the software with any new real features. They are treating it like they treated ACT, like a cash cow. No real improvments, just more money and less support.

Faris
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

My experience with sage 100

Reviewed on 29/11/2023

Although i wasn't in the team when they chose Sage100, but my exprience with it was smooth and secure, never had a technical error with it

Pros

The various buisness fuctions, the customization, the sacalability and the interface

Cons

Mainly the cost, and somehow the limited cloud options

Sage Review

Reviewed on 10/11/2023

Pros

It is very easy to go back & see when & what I purchased regarding my purchase orders.

Cons

Sometimes it kicks me out & the only way to get back in is to restart my computer.

James
  • Industry: Automotive

Great software for a small growing business

Reviewed on 8/5/2020

There have been some nice improvements in the 18 years we have been using Sage 100/MAS90. It is not cheap, but gets the job done. They must continue to use customer feedback to make the right improvements to the software and not change features users heavily rely on.

Pros

Customer service has been great. They do everything they can to help resolve issues. Sage’s scalability has allowed the software to grow along with our needs. 3rd Party software works best if has partnered with Sage to get updates that allow for testing prior to a new update being released.

Cons

It seems that along with some enhancements you get when upgrading, you may lose some functionality such as when printing travelers that now require more steps to complete. Custom reports and integrations can be costly because a Sage reseller is needed for support.

Craig

SAGE 100 is a Winner

Reviewed on 27/7/2021

Overall, Sage has helped with running our business and keeping everything straight - I would say my (our) experience with Sage has been a positive one.

Pros

It is a very robust package of modules - each module is for a specific task - general ledger, AP, AR, Inventory, etc. Once you have your company setup you assign your staff to be responsible for one of the modules and they become the expert in the module. All modules are integrated with the other modules so there is no need to upload and run sync programs - it is all done for you.

Cons

Sometimes the modules are not as intuitive as other modules - I can only guess different software designers designed different modules and therefore the nuances of writing logical code differ from individual to individual. This makes more a bit of discontinuity across the modules. Somethings a module will crash due to some parameter not having a specific number or letter in the database (don't even know how that would happen!) and you cannot diagnose it yourself - you have to call customer service. It will cost you money if you don't have a CS plan and chew up at least an hour of your time. However, in fairness it does not happen too often.

Chris
  • Industry: Warehousing

Sage 100 Review

Reviewed on 7/5/2020

We have been able to grow our company and the suite has been able to support this with enough customization and scalability.

Pros

We have been using the Sage ERP Suite for over 10 years and it has been very reliable with only a few issues along the way. In there new releases they have mitigated the issues we have run into. We have been able to customize quite a bit to make it more streamlined for our users.

Cons

Payroll we had some issues with and moved to another solution.

NetSuite

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

Convenience and product familiarity.
Kristina

Sage 100cloud Review

Reviewed on 10/11/2019

Way better than peachtree older version. Have not had any issues other than it's kinda slow

Pros

I like how everything is linied together kinda of like quickbooks. It's pretty simple to use and has step by step guidance

Cons

Its kinda slow at times. We upgraded from peachtree so it's way better than that. Honestly nothing I can say bad other than its slow

QuickBooks Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing Sage 100

We had to change as our certificate was expired

Fits my company more
Derek

Sage 100 ERP Standard

Reviewed on 3/10/2017

Please consider a different ERP system before implementing Sage 100 ERP. It's not very good.

Pros

This software is OK for accounting. And that is about it. Any additional modules or functionality (you are buying this as an ERP, not just Quickbooks software) has an additional cost.

Cons

Very difficult to administrate. Online help is next to nothing. Proprietary database (ProvideX). Sage Support is very expensive and more often than not they will tell you that they can't help with your problem and you need to talk to your Sage consultant.. Upgrading software can be quite complex if you have any customizations. Next to no innovation in the software. I recently did a version 2014 to version 2017 upgrade (they have new versions every year). The biggest feature upgrade in those 3 years? You can now resize the window and have the text "somewhat" scale. Wow, just wow.

Nichole
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Decent Accounting Software

Reviewed on 6/10/2022

I’ve been using this program for 7 years in my current position. I process driver payroll and billing in a trucking and warehousing company. We use it daily in my department. Everyone seems to like it okay.

Pros

I like that you can save your favorites in one spot so you can easily get to the reports and functions you use frequently.
Everything is straight forward so it’s fairly easy to train new people on this program.

Cons

I’ve had a lot of issues with if someone else is using the same area/module as you it doesn’t warn you it just tries to do what you want and then just force closes yours and tells you after the fact. And then you’re like what the heck where was I at in the process? So beware of that. Also connecting printers to this has been a total PITA on more than numerous occasions.

Doris
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great product overall

Reviewed on 14/5/2020

overall, it works for accounting purpose except for software technical issues from time to time.

Pros

straightforward, easy to understand and coach any new comers to use the software. I have been using this software for 8 years and I have been able to do annual software upgrade myself. This tells the system upgrade, data migration and conversion is quite simple.

Cons

Data may disappear, detail and history under account may not agree, all applications are close but still getting error message what posting is in use etc. strange issues like could not conduct account balance recalculate.

Renee

Proper training required

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

The transfer to Sage 100 was very frustrating. Part of the issue that made it so frustrating was caused by the company hired to help us with the transfer.

Pros

The ability to quickly change between companies is a plus for me. The inventory valuation is a big upgrade.

Cons

This software is not intuitive. You have to know exactly what you are looking for in order to find things. We upgraded from Sage 50 to Sage 100 so I was surprised at the learning curve. In truth, the only things that are similar between Sage 50 and Sage 100 was that Sage was in the name of both.

Joy

Reliable Accounting Software

Remote access is seamless

Remote access is seamless

Pros

It is reliable and we have used it for over over 25 years.

Cons

Lack of multilingual options.
Lack of flexibility with regard to output
Expensive

QuickBooks Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

Quickbooks was had limited features.
Larry

Bill of Materials with ERP

Reviewed on 21/5/2020

We upgraded recently from MAS90 to Sage 100 and get kept going with few problems. Sage 100 works seamlessly with our various Windows applications. The seamless ERP integration, history and reporting features have provided valuable support for our company over the years. It was one of our best early decisions.

Pros

When we started the business 20 years ago, we needed a good Bill of Materials integration with an ERP system. This software provided that. The company has grown with the software. The software easily integrates with the Microsoft Office tools.

Cons

There are a lot features for much larger companies that we do not use. The CRM feature is not easily integrated. It requires separate installation.

KIMBERLEY

Sage - Tacking your Companies costs

Reviewed on 29/4/2021

Sage is easy to install and can be used for all types of industries from small to medium sized. Easy to train and configure to your companies needs. Highly recommend this product

Pros

Sage is easy to setup. The ability to customize your invoices to include Logos and what is required to be shown on your invoices is essential. The ability to setup your fonts and how you want reports to print and look makes it very personable.

Cons

I would like the ability to copy a Journal entry to reuse as opposed to saving as a stored entry. Coping entries on the fly is much faster. When a credit appears you cannot back out of this (no choice to exit) can make a mess of your gl

Brett
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Sage 100 Cloud

Reviewed on 5/5/2022

Overall it's a solid product and works as it should. We are a small-medium business and came from MAS 90 to the Sage Cloud 100. Most users find it pretty easy to learn their day to day functions with very little training. Although its probably not the most popular ERP, but for most businesses you should see that it handles your accounting with ease

Pros

The accounting functionality of the software is very user-friendly. The screens are modern and easy to read. We love the reporting side of the software as well. With employees working from home more now than ever before being on the cloud is huge.

Cons

Wish it did more manufacturing types of transactions for work orders.

Bernard
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Wholesale consumer products distributor

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

A Sage Business Partner who knows exactly how the company's processes function is the best option for support if multiple add-in modules are used.

Pros

Sage 100 Advanced ERP is fully functional for all steps in a wholesale consumer products process. The Reports Explorer allows custom detailed report writing to support general ledger balances. MAS Intelligence reporting uses an Excel BI add-in for financial reporting.

Cons

Standard reports require knowledge of Crystal Reports for customizing. Adding multiple third party modules such as Scanforce, Multi-Bin, etc. greatly complicates upgrades to new releases.

Grace
Grace
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Sage 100

Reviewed on 7/5/2020

Over all we are very happy with the software and support received.

Over all we are very happy with the software and support received.

Pros

We use Sage100 for AR, AP, invoicing, inventory and month end reporting. The software is rather easy to use and can be customize for your business needs.It is very easy to train someone to use SAGE 100. Another feature I like is that I can pull reports out into excel. Also the support given from the SAGE staff is high quality.
Good software and support overall.

Cons

The only con to this software is, it is slow at times.

Kathy

Director of Finance

Reviewed on 21/3/2018

Master programmers and software support is available across the US. If you don't like your support group, you can easily hire another. No need to convert software solutions.

Pros

This software is easily customizable at install AND it is reliable. The software updates are rarely a problem; no need to wait for other users to test and work out the bugs found in some software updates.

Cons

Module pricing is a little more costly than other software, but then again how much is data integrity worth?
I like to sleep at night, so it's a good investment.