AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Cybersecurity platform for small and midsize businesses

4.3/5
4.3/5
4.4/5
4.1/5

Kaila
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Gets the job done

Reviewed on 19/8/2022

Does very well at protecting not so good at resolving an already existing problem at an affordable price

Pros

It does very well at filtering out potentially dangerous site and warning me.

Cons

Cost alot of additional money besides nthe monthly membership fee to wipe a virus

• Industry: Newspapers

Does the Worrying for You

Reviewed on 26/2/2021

I started using AVG in 2001 when the guy running the IT Dept. at the organization I was working for at the time recommended it. What was really attractive about it was that it was FREE. They do offer paid subscriptions as well but he explained to me that the areas not covered by AVG Free are covered by Microsoft in the security Windows comes with. He was right. And as time went by both AVG and Microsoft improved their security. It was so easy to integrate across all platforms too. I've been a fan ever since!

Pros

There is nothing about AVG that I didn't like; let me start there. Very simple to download and install on every device and platform I use - desktop, laptop, cell phone and iPad. They all offer it. Once downloaded and installed, they give you a number of different options to choose from depending on the type and level of security you need. It was a seamless process from start to finish.

Cons

Nothing at all. As mentioned above, there is not a thing about this software that disappoints or a threat that they don't offer security for. As new threats are discovered, they constantly update their software to address those issues as well. Great product all around

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

For me it was the ease of use. To be able to get a high quality, FREE software, that was so easy to load on all my devices - and only have one account to worry about - was it. I'm no tech expert and Norton seemed way too involved and the price was prohibitive. That may be the easy way out (in terms of choosing and using software) but I sell ads; I'm not a computer person. I'd also add that since making that decision 20 years ago, I have NEVER been infected or had someone hack my computers

my best antivirus

Reviewed on 9/8/2022

the application analyzes me the flaws that the company exposes itself and offers me solutions, secures confidential data. I appreciate it

Pros

the application allows me to secure my computer device, secure my e-mails, secure my corporate network. the app is also easy to use

Cons

the application bugs when scanning compressed files

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

AVG Internet Security Business Edition is for me a reference in terms of protection, security and reliability.
Dexter

Customer Service NONEXISTENT

Reviewed on 23/2/2021

Problematical from day one. Received error message on installation. Never got that corrected.

Pros

The idea for AVG is great. The price is excellent. First off invoicing turned into a problem as I was billed 3 times for the same software and attempting to explain and have them understand left much to be desired. A coordinated piece of software that incorporates system management, as well as antivirus, should command their market share easily. When customer support is absent only a few customers, have sufficient skills to set up and optimize new software.

Cons

Billing was an ongoing problem. On my network, when I attempted to add a new machine; the billing was continually a source of errors. I was billed 3 to 4 times when I added a new machine and finally gave up and removed this software. The main problem area was the lack of communication skills. No one in my group could speak the language of the support group and so it stayed an area of serious problems. I still think their program is a good idea, yet it is way too soon in their development and they left the main area untouched and that is/was customer support!

Andy
  • Industry: Telecommunications

You get a highly secure defense. Abundant operations management tools

Reviewed on 25/7/2022

There is no need to install a separate asset management tool, as there are many operation management tools and functions that are included in the antivirus software. Restart, shutdown, messaging, remote assistance in an interactive mode similar to LapLink, and optional WSUS functionality and third-party software updates can be managed. The preview includes all options. The function to forcibly run a virus scan when an external media, such as a USB stick, is loaded into the device is very useful. It is also possible to configure the prohibition to cancel the scan operation by the user. The execution of external media scanning is forced.

Pros

A full scan after installation removes and quarantines unknown objects in AVG Internet Security Business Edition and copies them to the Administration Server backup area. Configure the detected save hierarchy to scan the exclusion area and restore files from the backup copy. Send the sample to AVG site. The file is quickly verified in the lab and, if it is a false positive, it will be added to the global distribution of the definition database for the next distribution. The distribution of the definition database takes place several times a day and is reflected by the next day at the latest. False detection itself is considered to be problematic, but it appears that other methods are difficult to judge whether an object with few users is safe in the first place. Thorough checks are performed with a policy of detecting even the most unknown or suspicious. A full scan of another company's product may not detect it and AVG does. It is believed that a very secure defense can be obtained from the previous analysis.

Cons

It is difficult for Support Online to get the necessary items by itself. Searching the site is not very helpful, so I ask the support center for some. About every two years, the software with the end of support notice needs to be updated. You can also use the function to distribute version updates automatically from AVG, but if you have a device connected to the Internet, you can use this method without problems, but for system reasons, you can use it in a closed environment.

Ross
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

It's good but a little pricey

Reviewed on 9/5/2021

This is one of those solutions that is working well for small and medium businesses where maybe they just need something that is going to do the job well enough and don't have the skills or finance to have something with more options and features set-up. At least this is where I have seen the value of it. It sets up easily isn't too much of a hassle in the background and if you're just using standard software then there's unlikely to be any need for anything more than AVG for business. If the price is manageable, then it's a good solution.

Pros

AVG provides all the familiar options for customising the "when where and how" for scanning the incoming and outgoings from a business, and these are handled well. However the most noticeably good thing for us when we replaced our previous protection was the increase in responsiveness for our slightly aging machines. AVG seems to have gotten back to being relatively lightweight which is great!

Cons

I don't like the console, it's a bit difficult to navigate and some unintuitive buttons and options for controlling and containing things. Mostly these are fine and may even serve to make it difficult to do anything particularly dangerous or silly without knowing what you are doing but they can act like a hurdle if you do want to tinker around more than normal. Also we hated the aggressiveness of advertising in the free version.

Reasons for Choosing AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Norton was incredibly frustrating in terms of system resource use and pop up notifications

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

It was a known name and while the console is frustrating to use and navigate, for the people I was installing it with it was still better than the alternatives.
Reece

Basic Reliable Security

Reviewed on 10/2/2021

A decent level of security for free. But if you need advanced security, you will need to pay.

Pros

There aren't many bells and whistles out of the box here, but it does provide a decent level of security without cost, and has a long history of being a trustworthy company. I would recommend AVG to anyone on a budget needing basic levels of internet security.

Cons

Over the years, it has started to feel more and more money-oriented. In the past it was completely free and almost felt Open Source, but not anymore.

Romanio

AVG Internet Security review

Reviewed on 25/1/2021

Great antivirus software with very decent features, definitely telling my friends about this one.

Pros

It as powerful real time protection from viruses, malware, spyware etc. You have the option to set priority on certain areas you would like to scan as well as full system scan and it also provides protection when using your browser to surf the web.

Cons

It often picks up alot of false positives during a system scan, especially if you have certain games install on your computer, though there is a way to set the antivirus to ignore certain files in the settings of the app.

Ramses Miguel
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

The security that you need.

Reviewed on 10/8/2021

I this is practical, easy to use and effective, I have been using this software for years and I feel very satisfied with the quality and result of it.

Pros

This is the perfect example of what I was looking for, I wanted an antivirus, I finally chose this one and I feel very happy to work with this software before it is easy to use and intuitive.

Cons

I think that sometimes the software consumes a lot of ram and it is a little slow.

Elaine
  • Industry: Hospitality

Avg best for your company

Reviewed on 2/9/2022

Can't complain do the job

Pros

Simply to use, modern face
Easy to manipulate

Cons

Compare to the others it's really expensive

Nibaruta

Recommended for both computer and mobile devices

Reviewed on 3/3/2021

With a good system, it's a good software to have or consider having. It has helped me remove/clean my devices in just one click probably could have cost me more to reset should have been an attack without antivirus.

Pros

The Antivirus is easy to install and implement as allows you to select what you want and just click next. it helps you protect your devices in critical moments. I'd say prevention is better than cure don't wait to be attacked

Cons

Sometimes it can slow down the system or notifications reminding you to pay can be annoying. It could be done better to make customers feel easier, not pressurized to make payment.

JMo
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Quality Without the cost

Reviewed on 26/2/2021

I made the switch from a competitor because the competitor was getting too expensive. A month after I switched, the competitor I switched from hacked my bank account information and stole my new debit card information to renew the subscription I had previously canceled. Once the competitors stole my banking information there was no going back and I stuck with aVG

Pros

Relatively simple to use, very user-friendly in fact, free antivirus software with no noticeable gaps in coverage and the ability to subscribe to premium features inexpensively. Plus it’s not owned by those crooks at Norton.

Cons

There is an annual push to try to convince you to upgrade and buy a premium subscription for less frequently used features and the repair of less common software errors.

Cost benefit analysis

Cost benefit analysis
irving

avg protects your computer for free! "And it reallyworks"

Reviewed on 19/1/2021

its been great for years... add ccleaner and your safe and fast

Pros

i like free, and it protects my computer from getting killed by viruses for free

Cons

always trying to get me on paid sit but thats understandable..

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Reasons for Choosing AVG Internet Security Business Edition

my computer guy recommended them
Antonio

Great security option

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Pros

The sheer amount of options and security features it provides.

Cons

Sometimes it gets memory hoggy and decides it is the boss of my pc :)

Reasons for Choosing AVG Internet Security Business Edition

AVG had better offers and offers more protection.

Avira Antivirus Pro

Price, number of options
Bishal

Best (free) antivirus

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

I was really very satisfied with this product. Initially, I used the free version which was satisfactory, but later I switched to Full protection, which totally changed my experienced and I'm in love with AVG. Better protection to your device without losing your device's speed, what else do we need?

Pros

AVG has a free version which is very good if you want to try using it. Its installation is also very easy and user-friendly. If you are satisfied, you can move to full security which has the best all-around protection for all your devices. The best thing about AVG which I really love is, it has low memory use so it doesn't slow down your computer/device while scanning.

Cons

AVG's free version enables only basic protection which is very common. Settings are a little more complicated. Sometimes it detects the .exe file as a virus which creates problems in installation.

Lisa

AVG Internet Security Business Edition is not terribly reliable

Reviewed on 11/2/2020

We tried to use the product so that all of our workstations would have a standardized antivirus that was updated and could not be bypassed. It worked correctly when I installed it originally, but gradually stopped working over the years, and finally, allowed a catastrophic virus to be executed on a system and spread throughout our network.

Pros

I could make sure that all workstations had the latest updates fairly easily in the Admin Console, as well as install it on a new workstation from there sometimes. It did a reasonably good job of preventing viruses, although the cost of that protection was pretty high in system resources, administrative time, and money.

Cons

It let an encryption ransomware .exe file run on a protected workstation which did a tremendous amount of damage before I realized it was there. I had a cloud backup from which I was able to restore everything, but it took days to get the encrypted backups removed (it was on "continuous" backup, so as the virus changed files, they were backed up) and the good data restored. Also, as OS software was updated over the years we used it, I had to repeatedly change network and firewall settings to allow the Admin Console to see all the workstations and to push software. In the end, I believe there were still two machines that could not be reached through the Admin Console, even though I followed the instructions posted on the AVG website.

Lenedge

Great protection for your device

Reviewed on 5/11/2020

This antivirus has kept my computer free of viruses, malware, and ransomware for 2+ years. Although it has some minor issues involving update frequency, It is a great choice for your first antivirus software.

Pros

This software is great because it is easy to use for people who are not computer literate. It works wonderfully defending against viruses from downloads and email attachments. It is very user friendly and operates quietly in the background allowing me to work on my computer undisturbed.

Cons

The antivirus is sometimes slow and there are many updates, which can be inconvenient.

Abhik
  • Industry: Computer Networking

AVG is one of the most recommended antivirus and Internet security

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

I'm using AVG Internet Security for Windows for more than 8 years and I'm happy with the products.

Pros

I most the AVG Firewall. It's one of the best firewalls available in the market and better compared to other internet security like Dr Norton etc. Every application can have a specific firewall rule. Even system processes, consuming bandwidth, can be blocked.

Cons

Nowadays, like many other antiviruses, AVG slows down the weaker systems. The customer support is also not too good.

Joseph
  • Industry: Media Production

A good solution for internet security

Reviewed on 5/2/2021

I like that I know AVG internet security is running in the background keeping me safe from virus' and other malicious attacks.

Pros

I have been using AVG for some time now - it is simple to use and makes me feel secure while I am using my computer. I like that it warns you when you download something from a site that might not be safe.

Cons

Sometimes the popups are a bit annoying, though I believe you can turn these off in the settings. Cost is also a bit high.

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Best internet experience in my life

Reviewed on 18/1/2021

As a summary, I can surely say that AVG internet security is the best internet security providing app i ever used in my life. I really love multiple options in this app and highly recommend to anyone without any second thought.

Pros

AVG internet security is one of the best quality internet security software in the today world. The best thing about this software is it can scan very quickly and very accurately detect viruses and spams. Also this app can set up automatically functioning tool such that we do may take any action. App automatically scan and take actions to viruses and spams in this mode. So that we can save our time. Also this app having very user friendly interface which anyone can easily adopted.

Cons

In some times time taken to scan viruses and spams took some considerable time. But we can surely say that this software doesn’t miss any virus or spam. Also this app needed good internet connection to function properly.

Sushil
  • Industry: Information Services

Protection for your PC

Reviewed on 10/3/2021

overall if you want to protect your PC do install AVG Internet Security after successful installation of OS on the PC. So that AVG Internet Security works very well and always protect your PC.

Pros

AVG Internet Security protects your PC from harmful viruses from local as well as from the web. It has its own algorithm for detecting viruses. I used another antivirus for didn't fix my computer. then after I installed AVG Internet Security it fixed my PC completely.

Cons

The one and only cons of AVG Internet Security is occasionally it removes system files, which may crash your OS. But it removes only infected files.

Christopher
  • Industry: Research

Versatility

Reviewed on 24/2/2021

We are constantly on potentially open networks,wifi,data when uploading from the field, I am confident that we are protected

Pros

Versatile, a key item for all our mobile devices. Essential in keeping our mobile equipment safe and secure. Easy install, setup and operation

Cons

No real cons, have not had any negative issues. Free version works well but upgraded version is better with no ads

Price and historical experience
James

AVG Free or Paid Version?

Reviewed on 28/1/2019

As mentioned WE've used Both the Free Versions AND the Paid For Versions and You Do Get What you PAY FOR!

Pros

As we all know AVG has a Free Home version that finds it way in to many Enterprise Businesses that are trying to save a buck. However their Paid Version is much more Robust and does get the Job Done! Therefore if your a Business you really need to purchase their Internet Security Business Edition. We have used BOTH! The Paid For Version is Highly Recommended!

Cons

I notice a lot more false positives with AVG that without BitDefender Installations but it was a close race! I would say that Price would dictate a lot of the installations we've seen with the caveat that the IT department stay on the ball and run MalwareBytes from time to time to see if either installation has missed something. All these programs have variations on their databases so we've found it's a good Idea to do this.

sheri
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

AVG Internet security

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

I am very happy with the security it provides me. I surf the web a lot and it will let me know if sites are unsafe.

Pros

I use this on all of my home computers. It makes me feel safe when I am surfing the web. It can check often for viruses.

Cons

There are not many cons to this software. I think I need to explore the settings it has for keeping my computer totally safe.

Roberta
  • Industry: Consumer Services

AVG review

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

It seems to be a good buy,I like the way it works this far,But it seems to bogg down my phone and tablet so I need to see what's causing the slow surfing and update my review

Pros

I like that The Avg software alerts me when my security been breached.It sends text alerts on my phone It is very easy to use.It also cleans up and shuts down running apps I do like that feature.Ive tried other security that seemed to work but I was dissatisfied with the way it worked on my phone and Tablet.I haven't had too many issues with AVG.

Cons

I dislike the time it takes to scan and stop app's And it seems to bug me a lot lol It should scan and send a report back to me so I can see what app is running too much.Time is money I'm not sure but my phone seems sluggish and if it's the AVG app doing it, I'll uninstall it.So I will get back on that It might be something going on with my cell phone.But so far I can't narrow it down.So that's about all so far it works for me.