AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Cybersecurity platform for small and midsize businesses

4.3/5
4.3/5
4.4/5
4.1/5

Simon
  • Industry: Design

Great to keep work machines and family machines safe

Reviewed on 11/2/2021

Very happy and grateful for a product that even offers a free version.

Pros

Updates regularly to keep our computers safe from ongoing threats. Easy to use and doesnt slow machine like other anti virus brands.

Cons

Nothing even the free version I can highly recommend. Download it for free and give it a try! Even recommended it to friends.

Abhik
  • Industry: Computer Networking

AVG is one of the most recommended antivirus and Internet security

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

I'm using AVG Internet Security for Windows for more than 8 years and I'm happy with the products.

Pros

I most the AVG Firewall. It's one of the best firewalls available in the market and better compared to other internet security like Dr Norton etc. Every application can have a specific firewall rule. Even system processes, consuming bandwidth, can be blocked.

Cons

Nowadays, like many other antiviruses, AVG slows down the weaker systems. The customer support is also not too good.

Just don't

Reviewed on 22/11/2020

I don't recommend using AVG at all nowadays. Use what you get with Windows and stay away from the bad parts of the internet.

Pros

A long time ago, AVG used to be a decent free anti-virus. You could install it and hope that it might catch any viruses or trojan horses before they wreak havoc on your computer.

Cons

However, since then, it's become a piece of software that's making your computer crawl, they've added a browser "toolbar" that tracks what you do online and essentially crossed over to the dark side.

Naveed

Future Kenya - AVG

Reviewed on 23/2/2021

Protection

Pros

Ready to use as Deployed, Not bulky on System Resources

Cons

The Advanced Settings vis-a-vis the information on the web, not always aligned e.g. Certificates for Email

Kenny
  • Used for 2+ years

AVG SECURITY

Reviewed on 19/5/2020

Well, Duh! We have to keep the hackers out of our business. Especially the ransomware guys, they are notorious.

Pros

The price can't be beat. It kept viruses and bad actors away from my computers very well. In this day and age, they are everywhere.

Cons

The scan feature was not thorough enough. I needed it to scan all my files, not just some of them. .

Lubabalo

Expiriencing the business version

Reviewed on 17/2/2021

It just works, no need to baby seat the product. It leads the way makes your life easy.

Pros

It has all the necessary features for a complete solution. With this AVG product I can rest at ease browsing on my PC on any network.

Cons

I have not noticed any. I am still exploring.

Lisa

AVG Internet Security Business Edition is not terribly reliable

Reviewed on 11/2/2020

We tried to use the product so that all of our workstations would have a standardized antivirus that was updated and could not be bypassed. It worked correctly when I installed it originally, but gradually stopped working over the years, and finally, allowed a catastrophic virus to be executed on a system and spread throughout our network.

Pros

I could make sure that all workstations had the latest updates fairly easily in the Admin Console, as well as install it on a new workstation from there sometimes. It did a reasonably good job of preventing viruses, although the cost of that protection was pretty high in system resources, administrative time, and money.

Cons

It let an encryption ransomware .exe file run on a protected workstation which did a tremendous amount of damage before I realized it was there. I had a cloud backup from which I was able to restore everything, but it took days to get the encrypted backups removed (it was on "continuous" backup, so as the virus changed files, they were backed up) and the good data restored. Also, as OS software was updated over the years we used it, I had to repeatedly change network and firewall settings to allow the Admin Console to see all the workstations and to push software. In the end, I believe there were still two machines that could not be reached through the Admin Console, even though I followed the instructions posted on the AVG website.

Joseph
  • Industry: Media Production

A good solution for internet security

Reviewed on 5/2/2021

I like that I know AVG internet security is running in the background keeping me safe from virus' and other malicious attacks.

Pros

I have been using AVG for some time now - it is simple to use and makes me feel secure while I am using my computer. I like that it warns you when you download something from a site that might not be safe.

Cons

Sometimes the popups are a bit annoying, though I believe you can turn these off in the settings. Cost is also a bit high.

Avast Ultimate Business Security
Danish

Best Antivirus Solutions for All of your devices

Reviewed on 31/5/2022

I am a business owner so there are a lot of files I download on my PC from different clients and other sources, which is risky for my PC and other devices I use. And this problem was solved by AVG which protected my PC and I didn't have to worry about any threat.

Pros

Avg Internet Security Business Edition has performed great for me. It is very responsive to any threats on my PC. I loved the functionality where we can manage all of our devices status using a single device. It was very helpful for me. Links scanning and Active Scan is also worth mentioning.

Cons

There was not much to complain about but sometimes I feel like it slows my system down but it's not much especially when you are getting protection from threats on your PC.

Praveen
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

A good virus guard

Reviewed on 30/1/2021

Overall, AVG internet security offers good protection when you are using the internet and when you want to scan your computer although being somewhat resource consuming. It is also very important to keep in mind that you are your best protection when it comes to security and be well informed about threats and how they take place in order to avoid them.

Pros

AVG offers great security when you are browsing the internet and provides thorough scanning of your computer. Advanced users can finetune scan locations for more security and even a basic user will find it very easy to improve their system security using this easy to use tool. The user interface is extremely simple and straightforward to use and AVG also gives additional features such as scheduled scanning.

Cons

The software is resource intensive and can slow down you computer if you are doing other tasks while a scan is running in the background. For example, I have experienced slower web site load times etc. As a result, I find it difficult to scan my computer whenever I want, rather just setup a scan at night when I do not use my computer. Also, I have experienced several false positives where non-virus items are detected as harmful.

Lenedge

Great protection for your device

Reviewed on 5/11/2020

This antivirus has kept my computer free of viruses, malware, and ransomware for 2+ years. Although it has some minor issues involving update frequency, It is a great choice for your first antivirus software.

Pros

This software is great because it is easy to use for people who are not computer literate. It works wonderfully defending against viruses from downloads and email attachments. It is very user friendly and operates quietly in the background allowing me to work on my computer undisturbed.

Cons

The antivirus is sometimes slow and there are many updates, which can be inconvenient.

James

AVG Free or Paid Version?

Reviewed on 28/1/2019

As mentioned WE've used Both the Free Versions AND the Paid For Versions and You Do Get What you PAY FOR!

Pros

As we all know AVG has a Free Home version that finds it way in to many Enterprise Businesses that are trying to save a buck. However their Paid Version is much more Robust and does get the Job Done! Therefore if your a Business you really need to purchase their Internet Security Business Edition. We have used BOTH! The Paid For Version is Highly Recommended!

Cons

I notice a lot more false positives with AVG that without BitDefender Installations but it was a close race! I would say that Price would dictate a lot of the installations we've seen with the caveat that the IT department stay on the ball and run MalwareBytes from time to time to see if either installation has missed something. All these programs have variations on their databases so we've found it's a good Idea to do this.

Josiah
  • Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Great, but not the best

Reviewed on 16/1/2020

Overall AVG is a good choice, but would not be my preferred solution. I did have a good experience with their customer support team though.

Pros

AVG Business Edition comes in at a good price compared to some other antivirus business solutions. It also performs very well and protects again most malware.

Cons

The business edition did not have as many features as some other business solutions we tried such as Avast

• Industry: Higher Education

Review for AVG Internet Security

Reviewed on 26/2/2021

Simple, but at the same time security software for basic use.

Pros

Nice and simple UI.
Auto scanning on the plug-in of a USB disk or removable disks.
Do not consume many resources.

Cons

In my experience, some viruses were not found. For example, "hidden virus" was famous here (Sri Lanka). AVG didn't detect it.

Norton AntiVirus and ESET Endpoint Security
Eduardo

Eduardo Lina - AVG Internet Security

Reviewed on 12/2/2021

As far as protecting my Personal Computer, AVG has performed very well. I hav made it a point to renew my subscription very year because, to put it simply, I trust it and feel I get full value for the money I pay.

Pros

I trust this software thoriughly. It has warned me when my computer was at risk, prevented me from making mistakes when accessing potentially danerous sites, provided me with advice as to how to act in case of danger from malaware, etc. I have been buying this product for a number of years because I value its worth.

Cons

When I got AVG Tuneup and protected my cellular device, too, I blocked several features on my phone.

scott

great tool for peace of mind - and free for individuals

Reviewed on 15/2/2021

I have used both the free and corporate versions of the software, and the fact that my company has never had a major issue with viruses is enough for me to recommend it.

Pros

Obviously, the fact that it is free for personal use is a big plus. But it is my go-to (in tandem with Malwarebytes) to clean up any infected computer. It's never failed me to this point.

Cons

This is probably a little nitpicky, since they are a for-profit company, but they tend to oversell the upgrades if you use the free version. Not to say that they aren't worthwhile, but if you only want to be able to scan your machine for viruses periodically it can get to be a bit much.

Adam

I love AVG

Reviewed on 9/3/2021

It has picked up and automatically protected me against several threats over the years and I fully trust this software to do its job and protect my data,

Pros

The free tier certainly is what first attracted me to this software and the low pressure to upgrade afterwards built great personal respect for this brand. It is so easy to use and keep updated for that peace of mind that everyone needs.

Cons

No options for ADP at Router level protection. I have a router that does have options for AV at router level and could not find options to add AVG to this.

Júlia Ana
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

AVG- Protecting cell phones and PCs against viruses

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

I don't consider the application complete, I could have some options, like: cleaning up junk mail, warning about unsafe websites, blocking navigation.

Pros

AVG antivirus is very interesting, starting with the space, which is little, then, for its practicality in handling, atiavr, in short ... it is different from some annoying and complicated antivirus, this is quite easy. It has security in applications, in navigations, wi-fi networks ...

Cons

The application sometimes has an error and crashes. But nothing that restarting the device does not solve.

Candice
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Browser is secured

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Blocks malicious malware, cleans viruses, and keeps browsers protected.

Pros

AVG has this full protection for your browsers. It automatically cleans the viruses and malware on the browsers you had used. Keeping a firm internet browsing experience and blocks malicious malware.

Cons

Takes time to scan big files, yet no other problems using this software. Such a good application. Keep the updates up!

David
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A great product for the rest of us

Reviewed on 22/1/2021

I have used AVG for many years on my personal computers. I don't have tons of money to use on computer security and AVG works great.

Pros

It's easy to use and configure. This has been consistently easy to use and has helped to protect my computer for years. Why pa for an expensive product when one that is cheaper like AVG just works?

Cons

I haven't found any real downsides with this software once you consider the cost. This is a lower cost product that works well.

William
  • Industry: Media Production

Reliable Internet Security Software

Reviewed on 4/3/2021

We were able to try it out with a free trial. It ran great without us noticing any performance impact on our PCs we use. We decided to stick with it

Pros

It offers a free 30 day trial. The monthly cost is very affordable. The software doesn't impact computer performance, which is important when running other performance intensive software.

Cons

There are reports that allegedly they have been spying on their customer's browsing data and have been selling it.

Sheena

avg internet security

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

common used by people. it could be in the computer or cellphone. i can say one of the trusted security software in the world.

Pros

well known and common software used by our institution. it is effective and efficient as a security software of our institution for both employees and students

Cons

sometimes the repetition of the instructions. and hard to understand. sometimes we are doubt about the features but it turned to perfect outcome.

Leandro
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Very helpful Anti Virus I Have Ever Tried

Reviewed on 7/11/2020

I been using this almost everyday before I start up my computer, its very useful for me to avoid some viruses and scammer.

Pros

I like this antivirus software because its easy to use, and it really works, I been using this for very Long time already , and I have never encountered any problem at all what so ever, I highly recommended it.

Cons

Nothing really, everything is good, from pricing up to the working.

Deepak

Versatile security

Reviewed on 12/3/2021

The experience has been satisfying using the software. Its cost effective and also effective.

Pros

I know AVG for the last 15 years when I was in college. AVG has been around for a while and is a trusted solution for online security. The software is continuously updated for any threats and it has many functionalities to keep pc clean and improve the health. I am completely satisfied with it.

Cons

Sometimes the software takes time to load on the initial starting of windows. Overall license management can be improved for AVG as we have to remember the license code.

Kris

A superior product from an experienced company.

Reviewed on 12/1/2021

AVG has made keeping the servers that store our source code and other software production resources an easy task, due to the ability to schedule when a scan occurs. Also, the value of the product allows smaller companies such as ours to afford top-notch protection from malicious logic without breaking our budget.

Pros

I've been thoroughly impressed with the quality of AVG's antivirus software for a number of years now. The virus definitions are updated regularly, the interface is easy to navigate, and the price is certainly lower than many other antivirus programs that offered much less.

Cons

I've yet to notice any shortcomings to using AVG. I started with the completely free version years ago, and have stuck with them ever since.