Vimeo Pro

Video hosting, uploading, streaming, and sharing solution

4.3/5
4.5/5
4.5/5
4.3/5

658 Software options

Alhassan A.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Vimeo keeps our private materials truly private, with zero chances of unauthorized leakage

Reviewed on 19/7/2021

Prior to Vimeo Pro, we had encountered more than a few incidents where pitch videos shared privately with potential donors ended up being either publicly accessible, or inaccessible to the parties we had shared access links and security codes with. We have never had a single case of such mishaps since we switched to Vimeo Pro. And with the smooth integration with our default video creation products, there has been very little disruption to our workflows.

Pros

The ad-free media player is truly awesome; with reduced distractions from video ads, we have seen sharp rises in conversion rates and reactions to our call-to-action directives. In terms of features, the time-coded notes has been a God-sent, and has allowed for smoother participation from all team members during project development. Our final outputs are now much more comprehensive that before.

Cons

There should be more functionality and options introduced for editing and working on videos before sharing. For smaller projects that not too heavy, it would be amazing if everything could be started and finished with Vimeo without other editing programs.

Hippo Video

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo Pro

Reduced need to keep switching between multiple software during development and launch of our video campaigns.

Box

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo Pro

Better online reviews

Excellent Video Hosting

Reviewed on 14/6/2020

Vimeo is one of the longest-tenured video hosting services. They have done a good job continually modernizing in the face of more competition from new startups. Cost is low to get all of the sharing and privacy features. We use Vimeo for internal and external videos, training videos, product demos, storing recorded meetings, and more - and we've had a consistently great experience.

Pros

Vimeo Pro is feature-packed but still fairly intuitive to use. There are a number of privacy and sharing options, and Vimeo is great for setting up professional-looking video libraries for your organization. I also appreciate that they are on top of new and emerging services like live video streaming. It also integrates well with social media and other web services.

Cons

Vimeo Pro cost is reasonable, but there are free and cheap options out there. Live streaming is a fairly expensive add-on (but may be worth the cost for reliable streaming to a large audience).

Wistia
Vincent po B.
  • Industry: Information Services

Decent video hosting with some minor caveats

Reviewed on 16/7/2019

Pros

Vimeo's main competitors like Wistia cost so much more and for small businesses, most can't afford Wistia. Vimeo has been a fine option for video hosting, good value for money.

Cons

We have clients from all over the world and we found out later on that some clients couldn't view the video's hosted on Vimeo. We found out that Vimeo is banned in some countries, while that's not really their fault per se, but it is a pain in the butt as we didn't really have alternative options for video hosting for those countries.

Wistia

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo Pro

We realised Amazon S3 wasn't optimized for delivering video content (yes, we could use their Elastic cloud front but we preferred going with a provider that specialised in video and handled all the video conversion elements which Amazon doesn't handle).

Amazon S3
Marcio L.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Very flexible and reliable platform

Reviewed on 30/4/2020

After months I'm still eventually learning new tricks and better/faster ways of sharing and releasing videos, but it gets easier every time. The whole idea of having my personal "me-flix" where people can sub and watch my content on my personally branded website without being another "youtuber" inside Google's YT framework is awesome. If you're reading this, give it a try, just remember that any professional videos shared on plans below PRo (Basic, Plus) are against the terms of service and will eventually lead to account suspension/content removal, but if you plai fair, it's an awesome place to be!

Pros

Although the Basic free plan has some limitations regarding the amount of videos you can upload or keep stored, the platform is good to share personal videos. (digital influencers, former youtuber should look for the PRO plans and up). Besides that, the platform is not cluttered with ads and doesn't force you to link to any other services from Google.
If you want to have your own professional video repository and turn videos into a reliable and solid video platform, look no further. The Pro and Business plans have a plethora of features such as embedding, watermarking and even an easy to setup subscription service to your customers that can let you fully customize your interface in a way that people will have a hard time finding out they're accessing Vimeo and not your custom built streaming platform.

Cons

Vimeo could have an easier way to migrate/import videos from youtube, twitch / other platforms. But that is due to the learning curve required since it's a different UI from what people are used, but that is not really a bad thing. It just takes you out of your comfort zone for a moment.

Vimeo Pro - The Backbone of a Pro Video Production Team

Reviewed on 16/9/2019

We're solving the problem of sharing an ever-increasing amount of videos that need to be embedded and downloaded by a number of people using Vimeo Pro. Eventually we may run out of storage, but for now up to 1TB is excellent for what we need.

Pros

Vimeo is the rock of our video production team as far as delivering files. We love the wide variety of options we have for displaying, sharing, embedding, and downloading files. If you're a serious video producer who delivers a lot of video files, you'll need to be using Vimeo to manage your workflow. An additional favorite feature is the ability to upload directly from Dropbox, which I use all the time.

Cons

It's hard to find flaws- I would say that sharing collections with "team members" has been a little clunky and inconvenient for us, and I haven't yet found an effective solution for sharing a group of private videos at once instead of copying the individual links.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

It just plain works!

Reviewed on 25/4/2019

Vimeo has given my church a wonderful place to host our service videos as well as special video projects. It’s a clean, sleek, and professional environment that doesn’t have the distractions of YouTube. It’s simple to share or embed Vimeo videos, and it works great every time! It just plain works. And their customer support is stellar! I’ve only had to contact them on a couple different occasions in the five years I’ve been using their service, but they were great both times! I would recommend Vimeo to anyone. YouTube is free, but if you have it in the budget, Vimeo is the better option.

Pros

I love the simplicity that Vimeo has engineered into the backend of their platform while maintaining vast customization options. Everything is easy to find, easy to learn, and easy to customize. It’s very user-intuitive and you can tell a lot of thought and effort has gone into making it that way.

Cons

The search feature on the front end has much to be desired. I’ve never really been able to get the hang of it. Maybe I’m doing it wrong, but it doesn’t seem nearly as effective as YouTube’s searching, for example. In the very least, it’s not as user-intuitive.

• Industry: Music

The most important tool for shared film-projects

Reviewed on 28/2/2021

I still remember the exhaustion of endlessly sharing unlisted youtube-links or constantly up- and downloading big movie datas from clouds. And all the corresponding word- and excel-lists to share feedback, assign tasks and try to refer to the correct timecode in the movie.
Vimeo really stepped up that phase of interchanging about a project. I definitely don't want to miss it!

Pros

As a composer of film-music Vimeo has turned out to be more than just an easy way of sharing film data. The comment function in the video - linked to exact time-code makes it very easy to share opinions about the movie. You can do the filmspotting and the mindmapping of possible music online and share it with all the other members of post-production team. With the comment function you can aswell get immediate feedback.

Cons

Honestly, i can't think of any major issues, that disturb my experience when working with this software. The userinterface was not always selfexplanatory for me, but after years of using this software, i can't complain about that one either.

John W.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Vimeo Pro is The Best Site To Host Professional Videos

Reviewed on 18/10/2019

So far my overall experience with Vimeo Pro has been great and I've recommended it to many of my colleagues.

Pros

What I like most about Vimeo Pro is that it allows my company to host all of our content professionally and it uploads and plays in full HD and 4k. It's easy, fast to upload, and really takes our videos to another level quality wise compared to YouTube.

Cons

What I like least about Vimeo Pro is the price, but it's worth it because of all the features you get.

• Industry: Broadcast Media

Powerful Video Hosting Tool for Professionals

Reviewed on 31/7/2019

Pros

One might wonder what the benefit of using Vimeo is over another video hosting platform. Vimeo has the best encoding quality for both video and sound, resulting in the clearest hosted product. This extra quality is very important if you aren't happy with the compression other platforms will use, such as if you're hosting a cinematography or color grading reel and want to show off the best representation of your work.

Vimeo also allows you to embed these high quality videos on websites or vlogs for viewing, meaning that you can use Vimeo to host and your own platform to serve your content.

Cons

Popularity and support of the Vimeo platform is not as widespread or robust compared to certain competitors. Processing time for videos can also take a while after upload. There is also a restriction on how much you can upload in total or per week, depending on your subscription plan.

• Used for 2+ years

Solid Option for the Cost

Reviewed on 16/4/2019

Been using Vimeo in professional and personal environments for a long time, and it's definitely the best option in class that I've had the chance to use.

Pros

Pro is a really great option for small groups and individual professionals that need to upload, house, and share their media. Provided you keep your content to 20GB or less weekly, it's a very cost effective solution! Probably best suited to those creating several short HD videos weekly, or those creating a couple HD videos weekly.

Cons

With the 20GB weekly cap, you need to be aware of the quality of video you're capturing and then the output. Our org had to upgrade to another plan based on upgrades to our video equipment to film everything in 4k, and also based on the number of larger videos we're launching each week to a large org. Honestly, the only other reason to upgrade to a higher tier plan are the other features and livestreaming if that becomes a need.

Chris M.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

A creative space for video content

Reviewed on 20/12/2020

It's great for showcasing my creative work, I have found it very useful. Especially when I send my content to clients it is a lot more professional and gives me the extra edge.

Pros

This is a really good platform to use for creative types, I gain a lot of ideas and inspiration from some of the videos I watch here. There is generally high video content available. I like the fact that I can discover very unique creative videos on Vimeo than other video streaming platforms. Vimeo Pro has more privacy settings and statistics and there is a great community.

Cons

It is more expensive to use Vimeo Pro as opposed to other video platforms, but if you are in a creative field, an artist, or advertiser, or something similar it can be beneficial as long as you can afford it and see the value in its content and features.

Stacey M.

Worthwhile but Tricky

Reviewed on 4/12/2020

Overall, as someone who views video of Vimeo, I love it. But as a creator it can be tricky to figure out all the functions. Adding music, text, pictures in a video can be difficult. But with training and time, it's worth it!

Pros

I love that this program is so clean. It's not difficult to play, no ads before hand like youtube videos, and putting songs and text to video is a great options.

Cons

I find it challenging to create the actual video as someone with no video training. It's not the most user friendly for someone who isn't trained or skilled in video creation.
It's great to use, 'easy', and worth it if you can figure out the functions or have had training.

Andrew H.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Our go-to source for online hosting/sharing of our film content.

Reviewed on 15/4/2019

We host our weekly podcast content as well as our film team content created in-house using Vimeo Pro and love the quality/features they offer us!

Pros

Vimeo pro offers a generous weekly upload capacity and some nice features built in to help us organize our films. We like the film community aspect of Vimeo Pro and online interaction that it provides as well as the options it allows us for sharing and embedding our films. VimeoPro also prioritizes playback quality, if possible, over adjusting quality for bandwidth.

Cons

The only con I have for VimeoPro is related to it's strength of playback quality -- because of this, we sometimes field complaints from people who view our content from areas where they have little or no access to high bandwidth from their ISP...so video content from Vimeo tends to pause more often to catch up to their download speeds.

Marquel W.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Five Star X Five Stars

Reviewed on 3/7/2019

My overall experience is my team and I have our Short Film and Documentary Reel on our page and on our feed! We use the link attach to send to potential and existing customers and the user platform and or interface is extremely innovative and straightforward. People love how simple it is to access or content and if you don’t want to share all Of your work you can make it only visible to just you or to just a few people that’s just genius!

Pros

Well honestly I had this program/App for a while it’s amax for what I utilize it for but it offers more features that make this app AMAZINGLY Useful. Being able to upload content as well as Host content makes the app universal in its self. As well as like and watch different videos from all over the world! You can also create and edit which is also cool! Has great plans to choose from offers up to 8K video and unlimited bandwidth how could you lose! Those are just a few of the pros! Check out Vimeo on your App Store for a great service and a great price that isn’t to heavy! Definitely recommend this App!

Cons

I honestly have no cons for this App! This is app is a necessity in my line with of work and it does its job extremely well for the money spent!

• Industry: Media Production

Vimeo is not working on Apple TV

Reviewed on 6/2/2019

Pros

On January 22nd Vimeo stop playing videos on Apple Tv (2nd and 3rd generation) I am a pro user which I am paying lots of money to use and watch, the support team just said “we are working on it” not 2 hours or 2 days I mean 2 weeks.. not working on Apple Tv platform. I suggest them some solutions by they advise me to delete my account.!

Cons

Untill stop working on Apple Tv the product was good.

• Industry: Online Media

My second favorite video platform

Reviewed on 8/4/2019

Pros

I love Vimeo for private video reviews, hosting and sharing but my favorite feature has to be the new Live offering they've added with Livestream.

Cons

Not really any cons, but I do prefer Wistia better from the content marketing standpoint. Their player looks better and has some very cool features that Vimeo doesn't. But Vimeo is much more versatile.

Robert K.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Vimeo Pro is a must for any filmmaker!

Reviewed on 26/7/2019

Overall I love Vimeo Pro use for my website portfolio as well as client reviews.

Pros

What I like most about Vimeo is that my clients have the ability to download the videos from my account via link when it is approved.

Cons

What I like least is that my storage per week changes if i upload the same video again with a minor change via same link.

Graham C.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Vimeo - Great for Dance!

Reviewed on 29/9/2019

Vimeo allows our dance company to upload hours of dance rehearsal in a fraction of the time it takes on YouTube or Google Drive (both of which we have used in the past). We love it!

Pros

Vimeo allows our organization to easily and quickly upload the hours of dance footage we take each week. Part of our organization is a repertory dance company, so this is very important.

Cons

The videos we post on Vimeo that we want public don’t seem to be as searchable as other company’s videos on YouTube. Could be a feature difference, could be a Google/YouTube thing, not sure just something I’ve noticed!

Mike C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Years of Greatness and Not Slowing Down

Reviewed on 28/4/2020

Can't be beat. Simple Interface. User Friendly both Software and Support. A+

Pros

Been using Vimeo for Years now. Simplicity of use is incredible. Not hard to do anything. And one of the best players on the internet.

Cons

Hard to find anything I don't like. I suppose the only thing I can think of would be the weekly upload limits can be a bit annoying. But I've contacted support in the past when we've had unusual upload schedules that were being limited by the limit and they've moved my refresh dates to accommodate. I doubt they'll do this often, but if its an unusual circumstance they might help.

Roberto C.
  • Industry: Media Production

Great for portfolio usage

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Creatives are using Vimeo and if you want more space, you won't regret in investing in Vimeo.

Pros

Professionals need this. This allows others the showcase their previous pieces of work. It's the standard for creatives and the paid membership is worth it.

Cons

To be honest, there isn't alot to complain about. My biggest issue is with the pricing. If it was a bit cheaper I'd be happy. You get what you pay for.

James R.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

BEST Video Hosting Site

Reviewed on 8/4/2019

Pros

Vimeo is my go-to for video hosting. Unlike YouTube, Vimeo lets you replace/update your video while maintaining your view count and comments, which makes it great for things like video reels and corporate video. I also think the video quality on Vimeo greatly surpasses the codec used for YouTube uploads.

Cons

The ONE area where YouTube surpasses Vimeo is storage space. While YouTube allows a virtually unlimited amount of uploads, the pricing on Vimeo depends on how much you'd like to upload. I think it is worth it, but some users might not like having to pay for the ability to upload more video.

Jaze P.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Vimeo Pro In A Nutshell

Reviewed on 30/8/2021

Vimeo is like a corporate version of what YouTube is. While Vimeo users might be inclined to work from a high-rise office (hypothetically speaking) , YouTube users are more like the coffee shop dwellers that don't really care about the optics, they just want to get the job done. All in all, Vimeo in my opinion is more top-tier between the two options.

Pros

On Vimeo you can customize extensively the way you embed your videos, even going as far as to putting a password on them for an added layer of security. It has simulated live events, integrated APIs and so much more to offer than I initially anticipated. If you are starting a professional video platform, you should definitely consider opening up a Vimeo Pro account.

Cons

When using the trial version, Vimeo does not accept "promotional videos" to be uploaded onto your account. Should you cross that line your account will be flagged and you will be forced to purchase a full license to re-activate your account so do yourself a favor and read their terms and conditions before signing up, failure to do so might get you banned from their platform.

Mike G.

Solid Video Hosting Provider

Reviewed on 31/7/2019

Pros

We use Vimeo to host content on our sites. The Pro version allows us to have increased control over our videos, which is not something sites like YouTube offer.

Cons

Vimeo Pro has a fee and YouTube does not. However, Vimeo Pro is catering more to the business customer so it's understandable why they do- their feature set makes up for it.

Barbara G.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used for 2+ years

Great way to edit existing videos!

Reviewed on 21/9/2019

I will use Vimeo again. However, be aware that there are copywriter issues on some videos. I've had a few get dropped from my edits due to this.

Pros

I was so happy to be able to edit some existing videos that I found on YouTube for upcoming presentations and lessons. This worked out just fine for my needs and I was able to save them for future use.

Cons

I was really having a tough time in the beginning to be able to save and upload. Once I figured out what I was doing, I was fine. I had to google a few instructions. The Help section could be developed just a little better to be user friendly.

• Industry: Higher Education

Professional video streaming service

Reviewed on 30/11/2019

We use Vimeo to deliver a professional-looking streaming service for training videos in the healthcare sector. It is extremely easy for our non-expert colleagues to use the software as well as delivering strong functionality for our pro video team.

Pros

Video is a highly professional video streaming service. The functional delivery is strong with a wide range of analytics and business-focussed channels to help make the most of video content. The fact that it offers a free plan level, as well as four paid-for plans, means it is accessible to a wide audience. The professional look and community of users make it stand out from other streaming services.

Cons

It's good that a free plan is available but most of the useful features, e.g. analytics, are dependent on the paid-for plans. This is understandable but may put users off when there are free competitor versions offering this out there.