Vimeo Pro

Video hosting, uploading, streaming, and sharing solution

4.2/5
4.5/5
4.5/5
4.3/5

Blake P.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Expensive but worth it

Reviewed on 5/5/2022

As I mentioned, it was a fallback for us when the pandemic started, and we, like many other orgs, had to make a programming pivot into the virtual stratosphere. It's great because you can remove Vimeo branding, and the ultimate product for both our online learning and content library distro looks slick.

Pros

We utilized Vimeo Pro over the course of the pandemic to bring some of our programming online, and it worked beautifully. The ability to both share content and integrate it in virtual workshop spaces on the platform saved the organization.

Cons

It is very, very expensive. We actually had to stop using it for a bit because it just didn't fit in our budget, and YouTube was notably cheaper.

YouTube
César C.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

A good alternative

Reviewed on 20/5/2022

Vimeo is a good platform for videos, it has its flaws, but it is a good alternative, you have a lot of freedom to create and view content, in addition, the quality of the videos is good and its editor is excellent.

Pros

Vimeo is a platform that allows you to watch videos of all kinds, it is usually much more flexible with its creators, they have more freedom to create content on Vimeo than on YouTube, for example. Video editing on Vimeo for creators is quite fast and efficient, its editor is very simple but very useful. The video quality is quite better than other platforms like Dailymotion.

Cons

The interface could be much better, it does not attract or encourage you to continue using the program. The mobile version works very slowly and has problems loading videos. The number of users is very low compared to its competition.

Kevin A.
  • Industry: Utilities

Is Vimeo A Better Option?

Reviewed on 12/6/2022

Pros

A great tightknit community who keep a fairly unknown app alive, the user interface is good enough to keep users coming back.

Cons

A lack of notoriety causes Vimeo to fall in the abyss of unused video streaming platforms, the appearance of an abandoned development doesn't help either, with a myriad of unsolved issues persisting to this day

François L.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Can't live without it!

Reviewed on 3/3/2022

I have been using Vimeo Pro as my video storage go to site for almost a decade. No problem whatsoever.
Easy to use. Very secure.

Pros

Very easy top upload video
Search tool is excellent
Very rapid processing of video
Nice features to edit the player.
Great storage capacity.

Cons

Frequent changes in the user interface. Sometimes I look for my regular actions and the site has changed.
I do not use the upload feature directly form my computer ...the web site functions much better.

Loreta G.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great tool for selling your content

Reviewed on 5/5/2022

Good, would recommend for whose who are selling videos

Pros

I like this tool because it is useful tool for selling your videos

Cons

The price could be a bit lower for whose who are not placing a lot of videos

Kid S.
  • Industry: Music

Vimeo is a nice tool to have in your arsenal

Reviewed on 14/6/2022

Awesome

Pros

Video editing feature is nice & is less frustrating compared to other software.

Cons

Non that would make me rander the software unusable.

Laura F.

I like it because I save a lot of time on this platform, and I can upload the video immediately

Reviewed on 24/5/2022

It saves me a lot of time, it is practical, easy to use, and it has several benefits that help me at work.

Pros

I like it, it is good to upload videos where I prepare videos for my work, it is easy to use

Cons

what would help improve is that you can see the minutes in which people stop through my website

Fetiye E.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Using videos for learning!

Reviewed on 12/6/2022

I've been using videos for my classroom teaching and for student tasks in the last years. Vimeo Pro gives me to edit videos I can create for my lessons, it gives me the chance to make my own video library!

Pros

It can both be private and public. It is easy to use for all kinds of users; it is practical. It allows you to have a personal library. It allows you to follow your favorite artists' and channels' work. It can be integrated with many other websites.

Cons

Not many people, especially teachers, know about it.

• Industry: Media Production

Vimeo as a niche service

Reviewed on 10/6/2022

Pros

Most of the materials published on Vimeo are the work of film-makers, directors, creatives and artists.

In short, the visual contents are conceived, produced and edited by video making enthusiasts and experts.

Reason why Vimeo is not completely free: it provides different payment plans (Plus, Pro, Business and Premium) which vary according to the storage space, the number of members per account and other features.
Then there is the free version, Vimeo Basic, dedicated to viewers and authors who are satisfied with 500 MB of storage per week.

Cons

Speaking of viewers: on Vimeo the target is more specific than on YouTube, albeit less extensive. The fact that to view the videos you need to have an account already implies that whoever signs up is an admirer.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Great Program to Create and Host Business Videos

Reviewed on 26/4/2022

Pros

Vimeo offers a great suite of applications that help us create, edit, and then host the professional quality videos that are business needs. Their software is perfect for a small business and makes accomplishing video production something that is easily attainable so a small team.

Cons

It is a little pricey but the quality makes up for it.

Alhassan A.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Vimeo keeps our private materials truly private, with zero chances of unauthorized leakage

Reviewed on 19/7/2021

Prior to Vimeo Pro, we had encountered more than a few incidents where pitch videos shared privately with potential donors ended up being either publicly accessible, or inaccessible to the parties we had shared access links and security codes with. We have never had a single case of such mishaps since we switched to Vimeo Pro. And with the smooth integration with our default video creation products, there has been very little disruption to our workflows.

Pros

The ad-free media player is truly awesome; with reduced distractions from video ads, we have seen sharp rises in conversion rates and reactions to our call-to-action directives. In terms of features, the time-coded notes has been a God-sent, and has allowed for smoother participation from all team members during project development. Our final outputs are now much more comprehensive that before.

Cons

There should be more functionality and options introduced for editing and working on videos before sharing. For smaller projects that not too heavy, it would be amazing if everything could be started and finished with Vimeo without other editing programs.

Hippo Video

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo Pro

Reduced need to keep switching between multiple software during development and launch of our video campaigns.

Box

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo Pro

Better online reviews
Kristie K.
  • Industry: Entertainment

From Youtube to Vimeo Pro!

Reviewed on 30/4/2021

I used to get paid by YouTube back in 2015 but I had signed up for Vimeo Pro for free. I do personally like the platform on Vimeo better than YouTube and Vimeo feels more hip and young. It is for those who are into high resolution graphics and videomaking. It is not like YouTube where the videos are created from smartphone tools. It is for professional videomakers, animators, and motion graphics artists. It is the main reason why I joined Vimeo Pro, but now, it is turning into a career.

Pros

My company is focused on creating graphic designs and motion graphics to promote my artistic products, and Vimeo Pro is the perfect way to make my products promoted online. During the pandemic, I was furloughed from my employer so I decided to use my time to promote my online business. I had it established in 2015 but I was working for my employer for the last four years and did not have time to make proper sales. Instead of just sales, Vimeo Pro has helped me create an online community for those interested in my brand. It has been a lot of fun and the features on Vimeo Pro always excite me.

Cons

My least favorite feature is the high costs involved in maintaining my online presence on Vimeo Pro. MY favorite feature is the videomaking tool which I do have to pay a monthly subscription for, but there are so many costs involved. It was like starting my own channel by paying Vimeo to keep maintaining my videos. It has been an expensive journey for me as a member of Vimeo Pro.

• Industry: Broadcast Media

Vimeo for Business

Reviewed on 3/1/2019

We are solving the problems of running out of storage space. This is a great way we can upload additional video. We also frequently need to send video elsewhere and we use Vimeo for that. Other businesses and platforms are able to easily see the video that we are sharing.

The embed option is great! It's super easy to grab the code and go. You can also share a link to whatever video you upload right to your own social media page. This is easier than going through the trouble to directly upload a video to Facebook or Twitter which can clog their system.

Vimeo Pro also gives you the option to see that "stats" on each individual video that you uploaded. It shows how many people have played your video, the impressions made, and the play rate. You can also link your Vimeo to Google Analytics to keep a closer eye. Mainly we just use Vimeo Pro for the uploading of videos itself.

Pros

We have been using Vimeo for your business for three years now and have never had any complaints. I work for a television news website and sometimes we need to upload additional video that our individual system does not support. That's when we turn to Vimeo. All of the videos we've uploaded have been crystal clear.

We like that we're able to grab a code and paste it on our own website. It gives an option to link back to Vimeo but it isn't tacky and overwhelming. It looks neatly embedded onto our page while giving Vimeo the credit they deserve.

We also like that you can customize links. This is great when we need to send a link to a video to someone who isn't in the immediate vicinity. We can change the privacy settings of Vimeo so only that person with the link can see it.

Cons

The only real complaint we have is that we tend to run out of storage space each week. Also, we wish there was a way to remove the large title off the top of the screen. An option to make it smaller or remove it altogether would be nice.

Amy S.

Easy way to create social media videos

Reviewed on 10/2/2021

We're able to edit together great videos quickly -- and get them downloaded and posted to socials much faster than we were previously able to with iMovie. We're not pro video editors and don't intend to be. The Vimeo platform has helped us create good work for our clients with a lot less headache... and all of our video content is saved within the platform, so we can easily go back and edit again for future take-downs. The first time I used Vimeo for video editing, it was intuitive enough that I was able to crank out a fun little brand anthem video for a client right on the spot.

Pros

Vimeo's video editor makes it easy to access stock video and music for making social media videos... and to post them to Vimeo and to social media platforms all from within the Vimeo platform. It's pretty easy to create a fairly pro-looking video and then take it down into multiple size/formats for social media posts and advertising. You can upload your own video clips and intersperse them with the stock imagery. There are some simple filters and templates to get you started. One of the coolest features is that the platform intuitively edits the music to match the length of your video... If you start with a :60 piece and then edit to :30 or :15, etc., the music is automatically re-edited to match the length.

Cons

It's expensive. Accessing brand fonts and colors requires a business subscription, which is $50/mo paid annually. There's not a month-to-month option. As a small agency testing the waters, we opted for a smaller package, and the features are quite a bit less. The "basic" fonts and color choices are really pretty limited. The video editing tool is very basic, which is both great but also be limiting. You can't preview your video from the main editing screen. It can take a couple or minutes or more to "render" the video for previewing. Not a deal-breaker at all, just a thing.

Tacho T.

Video platform for high quality videos

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

The interface is clean and logical. There is no unnecessary chatter to confuse the user. I liked that the platform is used mainly by people who know how to make content, so you can find quality content with good quality right here. The feeling itself is about the business environment. I use some of the materials out there that can't be found anywhere else and have crystal quality.

Pros

I like that it doesn't spoil the quality when uploading. The concept of the product is clear and specific. The content is usually quality. There are no annoying ads to tear up the videos. The platform provides options for customizing the account. It allows you to present yourself professionally and stand out in the best way, without imposing additional things around you. Users can see videos that are not present anywhere else.

Cons

Multiple videos cannot be uploaded at once. Loading the gallery from the phone is a bit slow. For unpaid users, space is limited, which is not the case in other video sharing platforms. There are significantly fewer users, but those who are there definitely know why they are there.

Braden W.
  • Industry: Machinery

Better for Controlling Content

Reviewed on 15/3/2021

Overall, I think this is a great video service for professional organizations. I believe other platforms such as YouTube, DailyMotion, or Vevo all have value adds but where Vimeo Pro steps in is the ability to control your content. Additionally, it allows you to connect those additional accounts to provide more outlets for content if you so choose!

Pros

The biggest value add we see in Vimeo Pro is the ability to control the display of your content. Vimeo Pro has a number of customizable sharing features that are much more specific than competitor sites such as YouTube. With Vimeo, any video material that might be sensitive we can control linkage and who sees it, even going as far as to allow for password protecting specific videos. We do share some proprietary media, and being able to house the finished product in the cloud and share with intended parties, thus keeping our hardware less cluttered, is awesome. Additionally, Vimeo Pro HAS NO ADS! That goes a long way to having a more professional presentation to embedded and linked videos.

Cons

Although we are pro users, we did not start out as such. The biggest issue is now mute, but that in order to facilitate live events you have to be a pro user and there are paid tiers below that. YouTube offers streaming and the ability to go live as a free service for all members with an account. On Vimeo, I have to be a pro user in order to access more than the demo of the live service. Again since it is a much more controlled platform that is not necessarily a glaring objection given accessibility is the greatest competitive advantage Vimeo has, however in 2021 this seems like something that should be a native open source feature more than reserved strictly for pro members.

Excellent Video Hosting

Reviewed on 14/6/2020

Vimeo is one of the longest-tenured video hosting services. They have done a good job continually modernizing in the face of more competition from new startups. Cost is low to get all of the sharing and privacy features. We use Vimeo for internal and external videos, training videos, product demos, storing recorded meetings, and more - and we've had a consistently great experience.

Pros

Vimeo Pro is feature-packed but still fairly intuitive to use. There are a number of privacy and sharing options, and Vimeo is great for setting up professional-looking video libraries for your organization. I also appreciate that they are on top of new and emerging services like live video streaming. It also integrates well with social media and other web services.

Cons

Vimeo Pro cost is reasonable, but there are free and cheap options out there. Live streaming is a fairly expensive add-on (but may be worth the cost for reliable streaming to a large audience).

Wistia

Secure professional video portal

Reviewed on 3/4/2018

I had to move a video library of 120+ videos from an FTP server to a video hosting platform. We selected Vimeo, and couldn't be more thrilled. It was very secure and parsed uploaded files into multiple deliverables so customers would get the video sized right for the device they were using to access the video.

The biggest testament to how much we believed in Vimeo is that our video library moved from just over 120 when we moved onto Vimeo to close to 700 videos in 1.5 years. We had thousands of customers accessing custom content, but never had a security breach (we could see the failed attempts from some hacking centers across the world).

Pros

Vimeo exceeded all expectations. When uploading videos, Vimeo would fork the file into multiple deliverables to have options to provide each user with the optimum file for their device/bandwidth. The security features were excellent. You can define passwords for videos or set specific sites that videos can be played on, but blocked from all others. There were other Intro and Outtro features that can be set with the tool (we didn't use this, but were aware of the capability). The analytics dashboard provided key details on video consumption. This allowed us to gather key information on what videos were successful and what made videos successful.

Cons

The one thing I would love to see offered by Vimeo is the ability to create a playlist of videos into a coordinated sequence or set of videos around a topic.

Stuart S.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Better Than YouTube or Daily Motion...But It Should Be Because You Pay For It

Reviewed on 22/2/2019

The couple of times I've contacted Customer Service have resulted in IMMEDIATE responses...usually in less than an hour. The quality of the video streams are far superior to YouTube and Daily Motion and I like the ability to link Vimeo videos to my Roku TV channel. They provide an excellent "hosting" and storage outlet.

Pros

I really like the non-filtering aspect of Vimeo - they in essence let you upload and post anything you want when you have a Pro account. Because they do not get the volume of hits YouTube gets, your videos are less likely to get nitpicked to death by automatic filters that sometimes call claim to something that is definitely not owned by someone else. I've stopped posting my videos on YouTube for the most part because of their constant unwarranted, incorrect claims on MY OWN material. With Vimeo, this is not an issue.

Cons

Their are only a couple of drawbacks. The first is Vimeo's processing time. Once a video is uploaded, it seems like it takes a very long to post once it's processed on Vimeo's side. The longer the video, the longer the processing (obviously), but it does seem to lag behind YouTube and Daily Motion. Still, the service and quality Vimeo offers is far superior...and again, that's because you pay for it. But I have no problems with paying because the service and quality are so good. The second issue is minor - if you want your videos to reach the widest audience, the typical search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc.) do not seem to pick up the Vimeo links as often as their YouTube results. Again, this is a minor issue for me.

Adam B.
  • Industry: Media Production

This Vimeo Pro platform is valuable, it does good things!

Reviewed on 18/7/2019

We wrote a whole website around it at one point, we are in the video production business and we wanted our videos "play everywhere" with hassle or bandwidth limits. We even had a Christmas video go viral. Vimeo handled our swelling viewership like a champ with no extra fees or charges of any kind. We got tens of thousands of views.

Pros

This video platform is valuable, it does good things. At first, I was a little put off and I asked myself why can't I just host these video on Youtube for free? Why should I pay for this service every month. Vimeo does some pretty great things, first and foremost, Vimeo is discreet, it doesn't add commercials before OR after your videos. You videos get full attention and you control what the end user sees. This is perfect for hosting videos on a corporate website or small Wordpress site. You can even customize how the player looks and where the videos are allowed to play. Other paid sites cost much more for the same features.

Cons

The internal user interface can be clunky at times, you can sometimes get lost in there. But in general, it works well and allows you to save presets on some things that make consistency easier. i.e every video has the same qualities.

M. serhat D.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

No need to setup a media server when you have Vimeo

Reviewed on 2/4/2020

While I was working in the distance education industry, migrating to the Vimeo (from Red5 media server) was the smartest decision we've ever made. By migrating to Vimeo we saved thousands of dollars.

Pros

Ease of use, very cheap prices considering problems the product is solving, user-friendly UI, support for 4K videos, fast video processing, amazing customer support, branding features, neat integration with other software, unlimited video storage.

Cons

Nothing to be honest. We have been using Vimeo as our main media storage/service since 5 years and we have been extremely happy with the product.

Michael S.
  • Industry: Media Production

Vimeo pro is more than a video hosting platform

Reviewed on 11/1/2022

I've used Vimeo for a few years now and it has greatly increased my business's professionalism on my videos and how clients and potential customers can view and interact with my videos.

Pros

Vimeo Pro is not cheap, but it gives you a lot of great features. You have 7TB of space to upload videos, you have great tools to control where your content can be viewed and saved, there are review tools for client videos , online video creation tools and a video capture plugin for your browser so you can make your own screen capture videos. There's also access to live stream studio, which is professional level streaming software.

Cons

It is expensive if you're not using all of the tools regularly. The cost comes out to $75/month which is much more expensive than 'free' which is what hosting videos on YouTube would cost.

Wistia and YouTube

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo Pro

The main reason that made me use Vimeo Pro is that I needed a good live streaming tool for streaming events.
Vincent po B.
  • Industry: Information Services

Decent video hosting with some minor caveats

Reviewed on 16/7/2019

Pros

Vimeo's main competitors like Wistia cost so much more and for small businesses, most can't afford Wistia. Vimeo has been a fine option for video hosting, good value for money.

Cons

We have clients from all over the world and we found out later on that some clients couldn't view the video's hosted on Vimeo. We found out that Vimeo is banned in some countries, while that's not really their fault per se, but it is a pain in the butt as we didn't really have alternative options for video hosting for those countries.

Wistia

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo Pro

We realised Amazon S3 wasn't optimized for delivering video content (yes, we could use their Elastic cloud front but we preferred going with a provider that specialised in video and handled all the video conversion elements which Amazon doesn't handle).

Amazon S3
Jenny M.

I've used Vimeo Pro as a video reviewing program while working in advertising and tech.

Reviewed on 30/4/2018

Pros

What I like best about Vimeo Pro are the strong control / privacy features and the video review features. Being able to control password protection, link expirations and video downloadability add so much relief when sharing and reviewing sensitive video content. The content is so secure and early versions of videos that aren't final yet don't have to be downloaded by people that shouldn't be given access to download them. I've worked in advertising and tech and I'd much rather share early rounds of video content via Vimeo Pro vs. WeTransfer or another video sending / sharing program since I can protect against their ability to download the file and accidentally use it later or confuse it for a final. So, quality control and version control are made easier simply by having the program be protected, filterable and secured. Version control is made even clearer via video review pages where you can compare video versions and detail differences among videos and even add timestamped notes right within these videos to detail these said differences. For working in video production, Vimeo Pro is top notch and really helps streamline, clarify and consolidate videos in development.

Cons

This isn't necessarily something I dislike but just a truth to share after videos are final my teams and I have always moved our videos to YouTube and social media vs. hosting them on Vimeo since YouTube is more universally used. My teams have known you can link Vimeo videos to YouTube, etc. and even initiate paid advertising through the Vimeo portal but for videos on YouTube and other channels but that always seemed like too much work / not worth it when you can go handle business with YouTube directly.

Brent P.

Amazing for what it does. Few rival it.

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

Pros

We've used Vimeo Pro and Vimeo Plus plans for many years. Super customizable for embeds on sites and great stats.

Cons

1) There is no customization on ALL player controls or colors in embeds, just most. If you want an auto-play video with no progress bar or overlays, look elsewhere.

2) They abide by strict DMCA copyright rules. If you have a video flagged as copyrighted 3 times, you are banned. We had 2 violations at the same time from another user due to an old ex-employee re-uploading a file for internal use and making it public. We then (like 7 years later) got flagged for a song or something and were told we had a few days of read only access to download nearly a decade's worth of content before they deleted it. WHAT?!?! No appeal process or anything. No phone number. We sent an email (the only option) which was ignored. We finally found someone on the phone who seemed surprised we had found them and managed to find out how to get one of the originally DMCA complainants to remove their complaint. Now we live on a "1-strike and we lose it all" reality. Whiff. Seems there should be some method of complaints expiring after so many years or something to avoid punishing long time users at the same rate as new users. We could open a new account, but we'd lose thousands of videos we've created. How is that fair? I get copyright protection and all, but youtube's approach is more civil.