Vimeo

4.6 (1,027)
Write a Review!
One video platform. All your video needs.

(1,027)
4.2/5
4.4/5
4.5/5
4.2/5

• Industry: Human Resources

AN essential tool for storage and distribution

Reviewed on 9/10/2023

I have been using Vimeo for a decade now. Flawless . never got me down . The web site is never down.Minor issues with the privacy settings but overall a very reliable storage solutions fo small businesses.

Pros

The annual package is what I need!easy to upload videosEasy to sort and classify contentEasy to searchPassword protected files and contentEasy to embed to my web sites

Cons

Sometimes a public video cannot be seen on my web site.The privacy parameters can be a bit confusingThe interface to set up parameters is a bit awkward

Amazon S3 and YouTube

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo

More difficult to manage my library in Youtube.The way the content is protected in View suited more my needs.

Priceease of use
Benny
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Simply Vimeo Review

Reviewed on 13/9/2023

In some cases, we've observed Audio/video is not synchronized in other platforms (specially YT). Not sure how Vimeo solves this, but we have never seen this trouble in videos, even with special settings in nonstandard frame rate or something like that...

Pros

I like the availability of adding photos from Flickr in my videos, the privacy options for your footage (protected by a password or hidden from crawlers), the option to share with other people your masterpiece without complicated Python-Downloaders methods, the option to add tags. Finally, Vimeo has a strong community with a gazillion of videos, tutorials, etc. If you want to see kitties vids, perhaps this is not your platform. If you want to share any professional video work, then you're in the right platform!

Cons

Upload a video is not made at the Speed of light (compared with DailyMotion, PeerTube or YT), but is acceptable.The only report you can get is the number of views. Glad if Vimeo offer a visual line in order to understand what is more seeing moments in a video...

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo

Vimeo have a Gazillion of options. Even is not perfect, is very close (at least for us)...

Dailymotion

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo

We are very happy with basic/free options.
Farid
Farid

They provide false information and hope you don't churn

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Pros

Easy to use and reliable. We haven't had any technical issues in years

Cons

It is really annoying that they refuse to send receipts via email, even though they say they will. This is a cheeky way to reduce their churn.

Reasons for Choosing Vimeo

Honesty is important for us

Filip
  • Industry: Higher Education

To date best video platform for hosting and embedding videos.

Reviewed on 14/2/2024

Vimeo is simple to use and great hosting service with almost zero problems. We use it to storage education videos that need to be visible only to payed customers.

Pros

Simple drag and drop upload videos and embedding to website.

Cons

Private settings for each video can be complicated

Michael
Michael
  • Industry: Media Production

Vimeo pro is more than a video hosting platform

Reviewed on 11/1/2022

I've used Vimeo for a few years now and it has greatly increased my business's professionalism on my videos and how clients and potential customers can view and interact with my videos.

Pros

Vimeo Pro is not cheap, but it gives you a lot of great features. You have 7TB of space to upload videos, you have great tools to control where your content can be viewed and saved, there are review tools for client videos , online video creation tools and a video capture plugin for your browser so you can make your own screen capture videos. There's also access to live stream studio, which is professional level streaming software.

Cons

It is expensive if you're not using all of the tools regularly. The cost comes out to $75/month which is much more expensive than 'free' which is what hosting videos on YouTube would cost.

Wistia and YouTube

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo

The main reason that made me use Vimeo Pro is that I needed a good live streaming tool for streaming events.
Dave
Dave
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Flawless and customizable video hosting, never any ads

Reviewed on 9/11/2020

We host training and promotional videos on several web sites. In most cases, you only need the video URL to embed the video. Some CMS require an embed code, which Vimeo makes available. If there are problems with the video, it is literally never on Vimeo's side, it's always the CMS or website.

Pros

Vimeo allows you to customize the player any way you want. We have three different standard settings, with and without our logo, with and without play bar, etc.

We have over 300 videos hosted. Vimeo charges by the month, not by storage or download bandwidth.

Most of our videos are hidden and inaccessible to the public.

Cons

None. It's kind of funny when people complain about YouTube, etc. All the problems go away when you start using Vimeo.

Wistia

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo

All the features we wanted at dramatically lower cost.
Yelle
Yelle
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Here for the Customized Branding

Reviewed on 1/10/2023

I don't use Vimeo to its full potential. I just needed it for one reason, video hosting with custom branding and controls. I'm sure there's a lot more great about Vimeo, but I just haven't found a need for them.

Pros

I chose Vimeo after I realized that YouTube did not allow me to have custom colors and turn off certain controls. I wanted the video to look good on my well-designed website and to fit in seamlessly. Vimeo allowed me to customize like this whereas YouTube did not. I do have a graphic design background so I felt this customization to be pretty easy. So was uploading the video and generating the url or embed code.

Cons

I wish there was even more customizations on the branding and controls on Vimeo. Also, I don't know anyone who spends time going down Vimeo rabbit holes like they do on YouTube. I'm sure they're missing out on viewership like this.

Christine
  • Industry: Accounting

Easy to use product for Video needs

Reviewed on 25/9/2023

Their customer service is helpful and overall I find it to be a fairly easy product to use.

Pros

I like the Live Streaming the best. I feel like I am with a group in this environment

Cons

The video editing is always challenging for me. Partly because I am not a professional videographer, so I don't blame Vimeo entirely

Timothy
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great video host without all the clutter.

Reviewed on 20/9/2023

It's quicker to work with and less of a hassle to host and provides a cleaner link on external sites than Youtube.

Pros

Everything just feels less convoluted and cluttered than Youtube. My preferred host for commercial videos.

Cons

As with most things some of the best options are locked away from free users. Uploads can take some time.

Haley
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Surprisingly satisfied

Reviewed on 20/1/2024

My overall experience has been great so far

My overall experience has been great so far

Pros

I like how easy the software is to understand

Cons

I don’t like the fact it seems sluggish at times

Amy

Easy way to create social media videos

Reviewed on 10/2/2021

We're able to edit together great videos quickly -- and get them downloaded and posted to socials much faster than we were previously able to with iMovie. We're not pro video editors and don't intend to be. The Vimeo platform has helped us create good work for our clients with a lot less headache... and all of our video content is saved within the platform, so we can easily go back and edit again for future take-downs. The first time I used Vimeo for video editing, it was intuitive enough that I was able to crank out a fun little brand anthem video for a client right on the spot.

Pros

Vimeo's video editor makes it easy to access stock video and music for making social media videos... and to post them to Vimeo and to social media platforms all from within the Vimeo platform. It's pretty easy to create a fairly pro-looking video and then take it down into multiple size/formats for social media posts and advertising. You can upload your own video clips and intersperse them with the stock imagery. There are some simple filters and templates to get you started. One of the coolest features is that the platform intuitively edits the music to match the length of your video... If you start with a :60 piece and then edit to :30 or :15, etc., the music is automatically re-edited to match the length.

Cons

It's expensive. Accessing brand fonts and colors requires a business subscription, which is $50/mo paid annually. There's not a month-to-month option. As a small agency testing the waters, we opted for a smaller package, and the features are quite a bit less. The "basic" fonts and color choices are really pretty limited. The video editing tool is very basic, which is both great but also be limiting. You can't preview your video from the main editing screen. It can take a couple or minutes or more to "render" the video for previewing. Not a deal-breaker at all, just a thing.

Can't live without it!

Reviewed on 3/3/2022

I have been using Vimeo Pro as my video storage go to site for almost a decade. No problem whatsoever.
Easy to use. Very secure.

Pros

Very easy top upload video
Search tool is excellent
Very rapid processing of video
Nice features to edit the player.
Great storage capacity.

Cons

Frequent changes in the user interface. Sometimes I look for my regular actions and the site has changed.
I do not use the upload feature directly form my computer ...the web site functions much better.

Yashovardhan
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Amazing video sharing platform

Reviewed on 18/11/2022

Vimeo is a great site for hosting and sharing videos. The site is easy to use and has a lot of great features, like the ability to create and share channels, create and manage playlists, and embed videos on other sites. The video quality is very good, and the site is ad-free. Overall, I have had a great experience with Vimeo.I have found Vimeo to be a very reliable and user-friendly video hosting platform. The quality of the videos is excellent, and the site is easy to navigate. I would definitely recommend Vimeo to anyone looking for a high-quality video hosting solution.

Pros

There are many things to like about Vimeo, but one of the things that stands out the most is its high-quality video content. Vimeo has some of the best video content available, and it's all filmed and edited by professionals. This makes for a much better viewing experience than other video sharing sites.Another thing to like about Vimeo is its clean and simple interface. The site is easy to navigate and use, and there are no ads or other clutter to get in the way. This makes it a great option for those who want to watch videos without any distractions.Finally, Vimeo also has a great community of users who are passionate about video. This can be seen in the comments and forums, which are typically filled with helpful and constructive discussion.

Cons

There are a few things we would improve:-The search function could be more robust-The ability to share albums or groups of videos would be helpful-The organization of videos could be improved- it is difficult to find old videos-The quality of videos uploaded via the mobile app could be improved

Excellent Video Hosting

Reviewed on 14/6/2020

Vimeo is one of the longest-tenured video hosting services. They have done a good job continually modernizing in the face of more competition from new startups. Cost is low to get all of the sharing and privacy features. We use Vimeo for internal and external videos, training videos, product demos, storing recorded meetings, and more - and we've had a consistently great experience.

Pros

Vimeo Pro is feature-packed but still fairly intuitive to use. There are a number of privacy and sharing options, and Vimeo is great for setting up professional-looking video libraries for your organization. I also appreciate that they are on top of new and emerging services like live video streaming. It also integrates well with social media and other web services.

Cons

Vimeo Pro cost is reasonable, but there are free and cheap options out there. Live streaming is a fairly expensive add-on (but may be worth the cost for reliable streaming to a large audience).

Wistia
Favio
Favio

Great video quality for content uploaded

Reviewed on 8/12/2022

We've had a good experience with Vimeo but I would not recommend using it as your main video upload website for ad purposes since it is not known and used as much as other options, however, for embedded links to use on websites or other platforms, it is great because of its video quality.

Pros

The feature that I like the most is that the video quality remains the same when we upload a video for out marketing purposes. Most online video players reduce quality even if you upload on 4K.

Cons

I'd love it to be known by more people, because sometimes it is hard to get organic visitors into our content. We had to use other platforms to get an embedded link and share it from there with ads.

Better video quality

Pamela
  • Industry: Human Resources

Vimeo is one of my Daily Go-To Work Tools!

Reviewed on 27/7/2023

I use this program daily and so appreciate its availability and useability for my clients.

Pros

I love that I can upload a file, and instantly get the link even before the file upload is complete. That saves me a lot of time. I also really like that I can go back in and change the intro image on the video.

Cons

It's not as easy as drag and drop to move folders around and organize them. I honestly haven't given it a lot of effort, but it's not super obvious.

M. Serhat
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

No need to setup a media server when you have Vimeo

Reviewed on 2/4/2020

While I was working in the distance education industry, migrating to the Vimeo (from Red5 media server) was the smartest decision we've ever made. By migrating to Vimeo we saved thousands of dollars.

Pros

Ease of use, very cheap prices considering problems the product is solving, user-friendly UI, support for 4K videos, fast video processing, amazing customer support, branding features, neat integration with other software, unlimited video storage.

Cons

Nothing to be honest. We have been using Vimeo as our main media storage/service since 5 years and we have been extremely happy with the product.

Dailymotion

Reasons for Switching to Vimeo

Rich features, ease of use and cheap prices.
Brent
Brent

Amazing for what it does. Few rival it.

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

Pros

We've used Vimeo Pro and Vimeo Plus plans for many years. Super customizable for embeds on sites and great stats.

Cons

1) There is no customization on ALL player controls or colors in embeds, just most. If you want an auto-play video with no progress bar or overlays, look elsewhere.

2) They abide by strict DMCA copyright rules. If you have a video flagged as copyrighted 3 times, you are banned. We had 2 violations at the same time from another user due to an old ex-employee re-uploading a file for internal use and making it public. We then (like 7 years later) got flagged for a song or something and were told we had a few days of read only access to download nearly a decade's worth of content before they deleted it. WHAT?!?! No appeal process or anything. No phone number. We sent an email (the only option) which was ignored. We finally found someone on the phone who seemed surprised we had found them and managed to find out how to get one of the originally DMCA complainants to remove their complaint. Now we live on a "1-strike and we lose it all" reality. Whiff. Seems there should be some method of complaints expiring after so many years or something to avoid punishing long time users at the same rate as new users. We could open a new account, but we'd lose thousands of videos we've created. How is that fair? I get copyright protection and all, but youtube's approach is more civil.

Marcio
Marcio
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Very flexible and reliable platform

Reviewed on 30/4/2020

After months I'm still eventually learning new tricks and better/faster ways of sharing and releasing videos, but it gets easier every time. The whole idea of having my personal "me-flix" where people can sub and watch my content on my personally branded website without being another "youtuber" inside Google's YT framework is awesome. If you're reading this, give it a try, just remember that any professional videos shared on plans below PRo (Basic, Plus) are against the terms of service and will eventually lead to account suspension/content removal, but if you plai fair, it's an awesome place to be!

Pros

Although the Basic free plan has some limitations regarding the amount of videos you can upload or keep stored, the platform is good to share personal videos. (digital influencers, former youtuber should look for the PRO plans and up). Besides that, the platform is not cluttered with ads and doesn't force you to link to any other services from Google.
If you want to have your own professional video repository and turn videos into a reliable and solid video platform, look no further. The Pro and Business plans have a plethora of features such as embedding, watermarking and even an easy to setup subscription service to your customers that can let you fully customize your interface in a way that people will have a hard time finding out they're accessing Vimeo and not your custom built streaming platform.

Cons

Vimeo could have an easier way to migrate/import videos from youtube, twitch / other platforms. But that is due to the learning curve required since it's a different UI from what people are used, but that is not really a bad thing. It just takes you out of your comfort zone for a moment.

Rafa¿
Rafa¿
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Best video hosting and screen recording app ever used!

Reviewed on 21/7/2022

Totally satisfied. Previously Ive used different app for webinars (YT, webinarjam), different for screen recording (Awesome screenshot) and video hosting (YT). Now I have all in one - with better functions and performance.

Pros

+ video/screen recording is super easy with Chrome plugin (with save to disc option)
+ fantastic video protection options (link domain with video embed, download protection)
+ fast and informational support with personalized approach to each issue (no "general" answers)
+ fast, smooth player with quality to bandwidth adaptation (like in YouTube)
+ webinar option (event)
+ great price to quality ratio

Cons

No cons. It is professional software that you should use if you want to host and protect your videos (ie. courses), webinars or how-to's.

While cheaper options are available - Vimeo is tops in ease and quality!

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Pros

Vimeo's paid offerings make it easy to upload, share, and manage large video libraries at the highest quality. It's the de-facto standard for digital screener sharing in the independent film and television sector.

The admin and features are very easy to understand - and we've had no trouble training non-technical staff to set up even complicated videos with unusual combinations of security permissions.
They have robust support for privacy control, embedding, subtitling and other accessibility features.

As a major platform, most major encoders come pre-set with optimized profiles, and (in most cases) automatic upload functions available.

Cons

The paid offerings can sometimes be a difficult sell for very small companies/individuals as there are few services that Vimeo offers that can't be replicated by completely free alternatives (mostly via YouTube) - but the high quality and ad-free experience is often worth it.

David

A reliable choice for professional video hosting / storage

Reviewed on 9/1/2022

Pros

We create a fairly large volume of training / tutorial videos for our customers. These need to be privately hosted and secured and shouldn't be available for general consumption. Vimeo has been the perfect tool for us to do this.

It works very well, has a robust API we were able to integrate directly into our software and it's comforting to know we are paying for this service so can expect it to be there and reliable.

We had previously used private Youtube Videos for this function, and Youtube randomly deleted our account one day with no explanation or option to appeal. This created a massive amount of work for us to rebuild the links and sparked the search for a paid platform.

Cons

I honestly can't think of a single problem we've had with Vimeo. It works, it's reasonably priced and has filled a real need for us.

Mike
Mike

Vimeo Pro The Best On The Market

Reviewed on 28/1/2019

Vimeo Pro is the perfect tool to use to have clients or a specific audience focus on a specific video without being inundated with ads for other products that can cause loss of interest or direct focus to another product. Vimeo Pro has the highest quality video and gives an extremely professional approach to your audience. I have used Vimeo Pro for years and find it easy to use and integrates with all platforms. Analytics, security, hosting, management and storage all of the highest quality. I would sincerely recommend Vimeo Pro as it has been the successful choice for us.

Pros

No ads play before the video unlike Youtube which has become saturated with ads. Videos easily embed into websites, email, or social media. This is the highest quality video product on the market.

Cons

Vimeo does not have the search engine force of Youtube and unfortunately does not play within an email but opens in a new window. Hopefully something can be done about the latter.

Jack
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Tech support non existent

Reviewed on 8/1/2020

My experience has been poor. I’ve lost my temper with tech support many times. They just don’t get it, how it should work.

Pros

Ability to make folders with passwords.

Cons

Poor tech support, slow response to customer needs, crappy app and even after you remove it from a mobile device you get prompted every time you go to play a video to download the crappy app. Inability to navigate and do all the things you do on a full browser on mobile. Slow, slow results of large showcases or folders. Needs a way to load these first as a list instead of a million images that take forever to load if you have many showcases. I could go on. I pay for many accounts that we’ve had for years and I’m tired of paying money for lack of support.

Jay

High quality video hosting

Reviewed on 21/12/2022

Great overall experience.

Great overall experience.

Pros

Videos are of great quality, easy to upload and manage.

Cons

Too many organizational options it becomes confusing. Collections, channels, folders, showcases, etc. Hard to understand the differences between them