Figma

Collaborative platform for UI designing and prototyping

4.6/5
4.6/5
4.4/5
4.4/5

344 Software options

R.manoj A.

Design and Prototyping tool with very good collaboration features

Reviewed on 18/6/2021

The Best Design tool for building high and low fidelity products very quickly. My experience with figma is really great because it enabled me to present ideas to the team and also get feedback from then. As a result I can work on the feedback and update the design very easily and share it with developers and clients in single click.

Pros

The most important and useful feature of figma is the collaboration feature where more than one designer can design together. The new feature that figma released known as figjam is an online collaboration whiteboard tool helps every team in brainstorming ideas online. Figma Community files and plugins is my favourite and the most liked feature by many of the designers and product managers as it saves a lot of time in UX and UI design.

Cons

The Design preview feature sometimes is quite confusing for me and also the quality of the design preview and the number of devices available can be much improved in terms of user experience.

Thaís M.
  • Industry: Banking

Figma made my joblife easyly.

Reviewed on 14/3/2021

Overall, my experience is very positive. After you learn to use the tool, you realize how collaborative and inclusive it is. Our entire team can work on the same file, no more needs to create version 1, 2 or 3. You can delete the file that the Figma system is able to bring back. Not to mention that I can deliver an interface to the development team where they can see the entire product working, which greatly reduces the refraction of the task.

Pros

What I like most about figma is the ease of using it on several different operating systems. The possibility of the entire team working on the same file makes work-life easier.

Cons

Undoubtedly the learning curve, I believe it is a little high compared to other similar software, I believe that the lack of translation into my native language (pt-br) is also a negative point.

Figma makes mockups easy!

Reviewed on 5/8/2021

9/10, would be 10/10 without the glitches.

Pros

I love how intuitive and customizable the interface is. Going from adobe suite to fFgma was a seamless transition.

Cons

There are some bugs in the software. Certain elements glitch randomly and I have to redo them. Not a huge deal but something to work on for sure.

Robert J.

One of the best software products on the market

Reviewed on 21/7/2021

The perfect tool for advanced designers, for marketers, to get things done fast. Institute it in your company and you will not regret it.

Pros

I work as a CMO, Head of Marketing or just as a plain Marketer with people of various skill levels and levels of expectation when it comes to design tools. Figma just happens to be the preferred favourite for people at both ends of the spectrum. Both very advanced and experienced designers and complete beginners enjoy it.

It is robust, easy and does not take a lot of computing resources to start up the app or to get things done. Collaborating has been made relatively easy and there are plenty of options. I have found myself working with Figma with people with whom I am on the phone, on Google Meet calls or we just watch each other moving about in Figma and leave comments when we have to say anything.

It is a new form of co-working - or rather it is the old thing but it finally works.

Cons

When they start increasing the price of this thing. Watch out. That is the thing to be afraid of - limiting features and raising prices to an unreasonable level. I actually do not want the product to be free but sensibly priced and I am worried it goes down the road of being overpriced by some revenue optimisation geek and overengineered to become slow because too many remote dev teams are working on too many features.

Csaba H.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Figma should be the industry standard for UX/UI design

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

As somebody who deals with complex applications, the collaboration and design system capabilities Figma brings to the table is just awesome. I switched from Sketch which covers some of the functionality but it's very hard to create and maintain a design system which mirrors how developers build up interfaces. Figma enables and encourages you to think in components and build and scale a design system as oppose to individual screens. This approach is essential to any product-based business.

Pros

- Collaboration: follow every update in real time. Sharing designs with client? You don't need to worry if they look at the latest updates or not. Collaborating with others on a design? No need to sync or update - it happens in real-time and automatically.
- Components: very easy to use components and start to apply an atomic design approach.
- Design system-centered thinking: Figma nailed a bunch of tedious and cumbersome design tasks: for example, it was not intuitive to work with layer styles, text styles and colors in Sketch (before I switched to Figma in 2018). In Figma, you can apply a saved color to texts, vector objects - anything. Very easy to work with saved text presets as well - they all built in a way to help you re-use them.

Cons

- The design (UI) of the interface is not so nice :) After 2 weeks I stopped noticing it, but as a designer it bugged me at the beginning.
- In some cases it takes time to load.
- Figma updates the software regularly which in some cases means a completely new interface - and sometimes not all the updates are very intuitive (though they are iterating pretty rapidly so that's a good thing)

Jason F.
  • Industry: Design

Figma is my new go to design software

Reviewed on 20/4/2021

Overall Figma has been great. There was a minimal learning curve, but we've found a lot of great resources to help us when we get to a sticking point. The commenting feature alone has made getting feedback from clients so much easier.

Pros

Using Figma saved us tons of time and money. Since switching over to Figma we've been able to increase productivity on web-based projects because of features like commenting that allow clients to give us direct feedback on our designs. Figma's free option has been great for us since we are a small team. It has also cut down on the cost of using Sketch and InVision.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve to figuring out how to prototype sites in Figma. Since everything is cloud-based there can be issues with connectivity every once in a while, but it is fairly rare.

Adobe XD

Reasons for Choosing Figma

The cost was the main factor for switching, being able to use one piece of software for design and prototyping, versus two or three like we had to use before has saved us a lot of time and headache, too.

InVision App and Sketch

Reasons for Switching to Figma

We heard good things about Figma from our friends and colleagues in other companies that made Figma more attractive.
Sasa T.

Just Amazing

Reviewed on 4/11/2019

Overall experience is just amazing.

Pros

Everything is just amazing. This is one of those softwares where you just enjoy working with. Easy to use... self intuitive and comes very natural. Zero learning curve. Best feature is overlay transition when creating prototypes. Couldn't find this in any other software.

Cons

Only one feature that I'm missing is to replace an instance of component for any other component. There's something similar but not exactly what I'd like to see.

SketchUp

Reasons for Choosing Figma

Invision is simply subpar product compared to Figma. It doesn't even fully support SVG. Poor transitions...a lot of issues.

InVision App

Reasons for Switching to Figma

It covered all the necessary use cases, easy to use without learning curve and best value.
Fidelis A.

App User Interface Design Made Easy

Reviewed on 18/3/2021

The overall experience is great. Figma helps me to get font sizes, colors, and functionalities that may not be present in android studio. It makes the user interface design simple when compared with its competitors.

Pros

Figma is a great App user interface design and presentation tool. I like its cloud features which enable me to design online without downloading the software. it also has desktop software that by using the same account as the online version can continue working on your project without interruption. I use Figma to design the user interface of an android app which makes it easy for me to edit and format the screen sizes, custom colors, and font sizes using the software so as to easily generate the prototype or code in XML language to be used in android studio. It is easy to use and install. it can be integrated with many software.

Cons

Many times I feel annoyed using Figma especially using their artboard feature. it is not flexible when it comes to interface elements arrangement. Sometimes it hangs, to zoom the screen and move around as you wish is difficult. The most uncomfortable part is when designing for an android app, Figma developers should make sure that they find a way through which a design on Figma can be easily converted to updated android studio XML code/file without much tweaking.

Alex T.

The Future of Digital Design

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Overall, I had a incredibly pleasant experience switching our design teams over to this platform, and I certainly believe that Figma is the best option for design in the current year (2019-2020).

Pros

The best part about this software, in my opinion, is that it has a feature rich web-application that has all the essential tools to effectively create design wire-frames. Almost every other major competitor available only supports a desktop version of the application, which can cause a handful of issues. The most notable issue that we ran in to was Operating System compatibility. Some of our designers preferred using a software that was only available on a specific operating system and would lead to some compatibility issues when the project was passed on to another designer who preferred using a different platform.

Cons

The one issue we ran in to while using this software is plugin support. Our previous software had a massive plugin directory simply because they have been around for an incredibly long time compared to Figma, so some of the productivity tools and add-ons that our designers enjoyed using were not available on this platform. I do believe that this will change over time as the platform matures.

Adobe Illustrator and Sketch

Sketch
Sarah M.

Great tool for colloboration, but major bug issues and unresponsive customer support

Reviewed on 3/5/2021

Pros

There are a robust set of tools that make collaboration and creating designs extremely simple and intuitive.

Cons

The customer support is unresponsive and does not help with critical bug fixes. There is a major issue where svg images do not export correctly. I have searched the web, and it seems that many users are also having this problem. When reaching out to customer support, they told me to pay attention to the release updates, however, 4 months have passed by and there has been no resolution.

Nick A.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Move over Adobe, Figma is here!

Reviewed on 5/8/2020

Huge fan of the product and the way they added Google Docs-style collaboration to a very complex design tool. All this with a price point of a fraction of what Adobe costs - I highly recommend this software.

Pros

Too many positives to list but I'll try: Fast web interface, pixel-perfect design (better than Sketch), SVG editing support, web preview & animations, team collaboration (with realtime edits, cursor and comments), app mockups, and more. We find ourselves using Figma instead of Photoshop, Sketch and Adobe XD. Figma also integrates with most modern tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, Slack and fulfills most of our design needs for a fraction of the price.

Cons

When a lot of screens are present in one project, the tool can be a little slow. Also it's hard to find content if nested in pages within a document.

Erin F.

The new gold standard

Reviewed on 18/5/2021

After a couple of years of using Figma, I've really come to love it. The company is constantly improving and coming up with new and exciting additions.

Pros

Figma allows me to seamlessly hand off designs to my developers without integrating with other software - this was a real pain in the past. I can also build robust prototypes directly in Figma, this is a huge time saver.

Cons

Components in Figma are less intuitive that in other UX software, but ok. Some features like "auto-layout" and how to really utilize "frames" have a bit of a learning curve.

The best software for design today

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

We use Figma for all our design projects, we love it a lot. We switched from Sketch and now we don't have a problem of having 200 files with different versions, we have only one online that every designer and developer uses.

Pros

- Sketch + Indesign combined
- Powerful functionality, no lags / speed issues
- Easy to use by business people, designers, and devs
- Improves the time to dev due to better specs available in Figma
- Great for comments and collaboration

Cons

- Organization of shared folders could be better
- Shareable links could be easier to generate with custom parameters - e.g. view only, edit and view, etc.

Pavel A.

A PLAYERS USE FIGMA !

Reviewed on 11/2/2020

My self and my company - WE LEVELED UP !!!

Pros

Amazing Tool for Design.
Beats everybody else and the team behind is really making the effort to improve the product and move it forward !!!
I like how easy, practical and simple Figma is + there are a lot of tutorials inside and outside, so if you want to master it for real - you have the resources !!
Also You have FIGMA MOBILE, where you see the clicked screen on your mobile phone REALTIME. I use this for my iPhone X - totally amazing tool !

Myself and my company leved up because of Figma!

Cons

Some minor features are missing, for example to extract a screen with the frames, but I think it will be implemented in the future.

Dario F.

Best design/brainstorm/collaboration tool

Reviewed on 30/6/2020

Amazing. Im the Figma evangelist at my work and converted everyone.

Pros

It took alot of great features from illustrator, sketch and made them better. From porting over familiar shortcuts, to improving the pen tool..so much goodness. Multiplayer instant-syc, instant-save..

Cons

Well the usual downtimes every once in a while and theres always that offline risk at the back of my mind but well worth it.

• Industry: Facilities Services

All in one

Reviewed on 12/7/2020

It's been great my experience as well as the whole team. I highly recommend it!

Pros

I really love Figma. I switched to it a couple of years ago and has been the best decision I've made regarding my design stack. Figma has replaced several platforms in my workflow (Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, Abstract, Overflow). I love how I can create high fidelity designs and turn them into a really well executed prorotype, specially for mobile purposes. Mobile transitions and gestures are great! Live collaboration is key specially for remote teams, that's been awesome.

Cons

The comments tool has a lot to improve: tracking, responses, text styling, marks or favs, resolutions, etc.

One of the best

Reviewed on 26/3/2020

Easy to set up, free, intuitive and a huge value for designers and overall website creators .

Pros

I love this product, really.
It's so simple and offers a huge value to me personally.
If its mockups for marketing, or designing assets for my own website, this tool is one of the best.

Cons

I don't like to have to stay online, but that is part of the idea.
Also there are some features I miss, for example I run into issues with customizing the outline of an object.
There are a lot hidden features you don't know at the beginning, I would like to see more tutorial from you guys!

Anup R.

Figma is Best for UI/UX

Reviewed on 2/6/2021

I am haapy with this product in my professional carrier. I would recommend my friends and collegue to use this software as a beginner.

Pros

Figma is a best tool for design User-Interface(UI) and User Experience(UX). Anyone can use this software free of cost most effectively student and small business.

Cons

Their drag and drop tool functionality should be more smooth.

Sketch
Juliana P.

Very good product.

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

I can work with other colleagues at the same time in the same project. Prototyping is very straightforward and with a lot of good features. Overall it’s a good product. It has evolved a lot and I hope it keeps that way.

Pros

The product is easy to use. Gives the possibility to work alongside with other teammates. All work can be done using just Figma.

Cons

Selecting forms to use its not that intuitive. The top menus are not that user friendly. Using smart layout sometimes is very difficult because there is no explanation on how to do it.

• Industry: Design

The best collaborative wireframing app

Reviewed on 13/4/2019

We use Figma for design, ideation, prototyping and presentations. Also for any documentations.

Pros

We have been using Figma since the very beginning, what started as an online vector drawing application has become our go to tool for any collaborative note taking or design tasks. We even use Figma to build pitch decks and presentations. Also great that they support students with free team accounts. Thanks!

Cons

Simple animations or pointer/ mouse gestures are unfortunately not possible. So for any high fidelity prototyping we use Framer instead, which unfortunately is not collaborative.

• Industry: Hospitality

Great for collaboration!

Reviewed on 14/8/2019

Pros

I liked that you can work with live collaborator and it is immediate and that it offers the translation of the design in code for ios/android/web which is great for developers!

Cons

The fact that offline doesnt work, when you have lots of design in one board it gets really slow and I cant control when designers change something and I notice it after lots of days and my work is different from design.

Murtuza B.
  • Industry: Design

The first designer collaboration I ever used

Reviewed on 28/9/2019

Pros

Collaboration not just limited to commenting but actually having more than one designer working on the same file at the same time. There's no doubt Figma is an under development tool and its team is working hard everyday to fulfill the requirements of UI/UX design industry. I have to say for me they are succeeding to achieve what I need from my dream design tool. The other best part that Figma now have allowed everyone to create plugins and make it available for everyone. This have been so helpful and users have been very collaborative in building plugins and helping Figma to expand it's boundaries.

Creating libraries for assets, text and colors and sharing it with the team is very friendly. And I always have a backup for my file so now I don't need to worry about the software crash and files are easy to access from anywhere as Figma is a browser based software and the desktop app is light.

Cons

When you enter in a group and delete a particular object Figma don't just delete the object it also pushes you outside of the group and now you have to enter in the group again to delete any other object. However I can use CTRL key and then select any particular object.

Mathew W.
  • Industry: Design

FIgma is shaking things up!

Reviewed on 23/4/2019

We are using it to update our current website and create new designs for our company. I want to attempt to use it for social media display ads as well. So far it's been an absolute life saver!

Pros

I haven't used figma for long but man oh man has it blown me away. The first time I showed a website design to my boss while we were both on screen, through the web browser was pretty incredible. I could see his mouse movements and suggestions as I made edits. Allowing for real-time interaction and feedback is incredible.
Next is that it's cross-platform because it runs in a browser. Sketch is Mac only. They have really thought out what a modeling UI/UX designer needs and are constantly improving the platform. One of the huge things is live prototyping I can see what it will look like on my device in real time. That can't be beat. Incredible piece of software that will only get better.

Cons

Text styles are a little limited and it can be clunky to edit variables such as button text compared to sketch where each button has an input field in the properties panel. This is a small complaint and really just one of those things you have to think around and then you discover it's just fine.

New Favorite

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Pros

To start, Figma has really put a lot of thought into how designers can organize their files and design efficiently. The components are awesome and being able to have your resources in a library across multiple projects is very useful.

Cons

The plugins have their limits and leave much to be desired.

Luca D.

Figma the standard for collaborative UI Design

Reviewed on 30/8/2019

For our team the collaborative features has been game changer and improved a lot oue workflow removing all the errore derived by inconsistent file or wrong document merge.

Pros

Figma is a grate software, the feature the I like the most is the collaborative part. Figma allow to create share and comment in real time on the mockups so you don't need to share file or upload on sharing services like Google Drive.

Cons

The lack of plugin was a big cons of Figma, fortunately the Figma team introduced this feature so now we are are able to automate some processes