Adobe Creative Cloud Reviews

Adobe Creative Cloud

4.7 (7,287)
Write a Review!
Graphic design and video editing software

(7,287)
4.7/5

Shane
Shane
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Easier than ever and accessible anywhere

Reviewed on 9/9/2020

I've been a customer and user for Adobe for over 15 years and they are still the best all around choice for graphic design and development software applications. They have not only set the bar but still are pioneers of graphic designing programs with the capability to do just about anything and the best choice for all skill levels.

Pros

The cloud has made it far easier to enjoying our programs and software without having to hassle with discs, large downloads, space taking installations, frequent updates or patches, and even licensing is far more easier than before. The cloud and accessing the software anywhere now and even continuing where I left off from a different device has to be my favorite thing and what I like most about Adobe CC.

Cons

I believe in trying something out before buying is an essential part of software because you otherwise would not be able to tell if certain things that you need even exist or compatibility issues might render the software useless otherwise.

CorelDRAW

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe is the standard for all designing and development software who has been ahead of game.
Pieter
Pieter
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

The industry standard, but not perfect

Reviewed on 12/7/2022

Adobe Creative Cloud has solved many problems our organization has faced by allowing us to work with streamlined workflows and well integrated. However, sometimes I wonder whether there is a better competitor out there.

Pros

Creative Cloud provides access to a suite of software that is extremely versatile, customizable, and powerful for all means of creative work. The different software products integrate well with one another (E.g. After effects animations in Premiere, or Photoshop edits in Illustrator) and allows for workflows in projects that are relatively easy to manage.

Cons

Now and then, Premiere Pro seems to have a new bug that hampers our progress. Some video file formats work better than others. Other competitor video editing software has better performance under certain conditions. Creative Cloud products lack in optimization in certain situations.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

Creative Cloud is a standard in the industry, meaning our employees are comfortable using it for complex tasks and need not receive further specialized training.
Sam
  • Industry: Animation

I cannot say how much I dislike Adobe enough

Reviewed on 4/1/2020

I use the Adobe Creative Cloud at my full-time job, and it is a constant headache. It does the job it's supposed to, but for a company such as Adobe, I expect better. I expect better products, better customer service, better policies, better everything.

Pros

The programs are fairly easy to use. And I suppose on paper it's not a bad idea. Having a subscription does make it so you're spending less money up front. And it's an easy way to stay up to date. But remember, this is all on paper. In practice it's not so good.

Cons

Adobe seems to have something of a monopoly on the graphic design market, because I don't think they'd be getting away with their practices otherwise. People who bought their products previously no longer have license to use the software they once purchased if they're not using Cloud. Their programs crash all the time, and are full of annoying UI issues. A ton of small things that just don't make sense. For instance, resizing in Photoshop used to require holding shift to maintain original dimensions. And after users become familiar with that, they decide to change it so that when you size something, holding shift changes the width and height independent of each other. Sure, this would have made sense in the beginning, but to change what so many people are familiar with this late in the game? Plus, you'd think they implement that with all programs. But nope, InDesign it's the opposite, making the change completely pointless. And InDesign is a whole other bag of problems and glitches that can really put you in a bind if you're putting together a company catalog. My supervisor and I are constantly holding our breaths and on the edges of our seats when building a catalog that something major doesn't go wrong. Crashes every single time my computer goes to sleep, it'll randomly delete elements, and there are so many problems across the Adobe Suite that they simply won't fix. I could go on and on and on, but I'm about to run out of space.

Larry
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Creating a convenient path for creatives

Reviewed on 22/2/2024

Overall experience is great. I hope the prices can be reduced for long term subscribers.

Pros

I like the vast amount of software that is easy to access and much needed in the design industry.

Cons

I do not like the subscription fees as I think they should implement the one time fee structure thatwas very affordable.

Brian
Brian

All In One Software For All Your Needs

Reviewed on 23/4/2022

I used to run a bunch of different software such as Inkscape and Gimp, but Creative Cloud lets me keep things simplified in one package. Add to that that the people I work with are used to the formats that Creative Cloud creates, it just fits into my business much better than the free alternatives.

Pros

The beauty of Adobe Creative Cloud is the package contains pretty much everything you need for a business offering web based services. Photoshop for images, Premiere Pro and Media Encoder for video editing and optimization. InDesign for PDFs and design work. Illustrator for vector and logo work. Then you have Adobe PDF for the contracts your clients sign (digitally!).

Cons

The price can feel a little high and performance on PC can be frustrating at times with some updates outright causing crashes until the issue is fixed.

Amanda
Amanda
  • Industry: Design

Adobe Creative Cloud offers any tools a designer could need.

Reviewed on 9/8/2019

My entire art department creates everything with the programs within Adobe Creative Cloud. It is necessary for everything that we do and is an integral part of our job function.

Pros

I use inDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop on a daily basis in my work. I also work sometimes on different computers. Having Adobe Creative Cloud allows me to sign on to these programs on both my work computer, and my personal laptop. The best part is, all of my settings are saved!

Cons

Unfortunately, Adobe is no longer letting you download versions from a few years ago. My company's computer is running on an older operating system, and it isn't compatible with the newer versions of some of the programs. For example, I have no way of accessing Adobe Premiere on my work computer.

Renzo
Renzo

Good!

Reviewed on 31/3/2020

Amazing experience. Always!

Amazing experience. Always!

Pros

For me, the Creative Cloud solution is the best, there is no competitor! I used Photoshop, Illustrator, Muse, Premiere, Dreamweaver, AE, among others, it's always a pleasure how well designed it's each software. This platform gives you almost endless possibilities if you're a creative professional.

Cons

The drawback of this, it's you need a good computer to support the full suite, sometimes in most of the enterprises that are not fully dedicated to visuals and design lacks well-equipped computers. On the other hand, the support team took a full day to reset my password, the process was too slow in my opinion.

Joshua
Joshua

Widest Selection of High-Quality Software

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Our experience with Adobe Creative Cloud has been wonderful. We really enjoy using their software products and find it to be the best in the industry.

Pros

I like that with Adobe Creative Cloud you are able to select which particular bundles of software you want to pay for and use. We use Photoshop and Acrobat every single day. Photoshop is - hands down - the best software we use to edit our product photos before posting them to our online listings. The other software we use is Acrobat which we use for OCR after scanning documents, filling/creating forms and printing shipping labels.

Cons

The only thing we don't like about this is having to pay monthly instead of purchasing the software once. An Adobe customer service representative told me that they switched to this model due to the issue of counterfeiting with their products. I still miss the days of being able to buy the software at once and then upgrade as needed.

pdfFiller

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe Acrobat provides more features and is of much, much higher quality.
Ian
Ian

All the Tools Needed for Creatives

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

I needed a product that would allow me to design logos, develop videos and edit animations. I found Photoshop, Iilustraotr, After Effect and Premier Pro to be exceptional in providing the soluton I wanted.

Pros

Knowing that the tools interact with each other makes life easier and enables dynamic work to be acarried out without exporting to different formats and reimporting potentially losing quality.

Cons

The learning curve is very steep. It is not simple to setup and work with the applicaitons, especially when Photoshop and Illustrator, for example, work differently and do not perfomr the same basic funtionalities.

Benjamin
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great for Media and Document Admin, But a bit Clunky

Reviewed on 3/6/2024

Pros

Has all the tools one could need at their disposal for creative and admin purposes. You can pick and choose which software you need and only pay for what you want.

Cons

When trying to organise and store documents, the layout isn't most intuitive and takes a bit of fumbling around to get used to. I feel it definitely caters more to the professional creatives and software users, and I'm sure those people do fine. ly there are some good guides out there to help you find your way around.

Tabitha
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Software that gets the job done and is fun to use!

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Overall, Adobe Creative Cloud is the primary software that allows me to create designs and send them to print. I really on it daily and daily it performs well! It has fantastic usability and I am constantly learning new things that it is capable of doing. There is a large online database of quality training and tutorials on this software.

Pros

Adobe Creative cloud is a set of fantastic programs that I use on a daily basis. As a graphic designer, I use Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Indesign the most. My favorite thing is how the programs work together so well. If i am working with vector art, I will use Adobe illustrator. I will add effects and coloring in Photoshop and finally bring it into Indesign for any print layout. Each program serves a unique purpose but works seamlessly as a set to accomplish the desired outcome. If you subscribe to Adobe Creative Cloud, you will truly have all the software you would need as a creative entrepreneur or business individual.

Cons

I am disappointed that I have to pay for all the software included in the cloud. I wish there was an option to only pay for the programs that I use.

Affinity Designer

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe is more than a program. It is a universal design language and it has a history and depth that cannot be matched by other, newer design programs. It is the chosen software of most design education and will be the most compatible software when working with other designers.
Tara

Indispensable

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Creative Cloud is amazing. I am always excited by the potential Adobe offers, with powerful tools at my disposal, limited only by my expertise using them and my own imagination.

Pros

As a designer, I could not live without Adobe Creative Cloud, because it is the industry standard—every designer is using it. I love that Adobe constantly updates the software and then provides a 30-second walk-through tutorial when you open the program with the update, so the user evolves with the program. I love that all of the Adobe programs are available through Cloud so that you don't have to pick just the ones you most need, but you have access to all of them with your login. It it possible to learn the programs well enough to function through just the tutorials provided and the Help feature, and the programs have similar tools to make it easy to use skills from one program in another program. Typekit makes the same fonts available to every user, so the perpetual not-having-the-right-font problem is mitigated quite a bit.

Cons

I wish more non-designers used it so that I could share working files. Like anything, if you don't have the program, you can't open the files. I also miss the days when I actually owned Adobe programs—with everything Cloud-based, you need to be online to have full functionality, and there is a constant subscription fee. It was nice paying once and being done with it.

Sean
  • Industry: Design

Love the Adobe software but not in love with subscription

Reviewed on 8/8/2020

Creative Cloud is industry standard for design and you cant do business without it. It is priced fairly I suppose but would like it to be a little less expensive. I will say customer service was fantastic with the Covid shutdown and really helped out on costs for us independent contractors. Adobe really stepped up and I appreciate that level of support when it is needed.

Pros

I love having the lashes and greatest as it comes out. I use Lightroom, photoshop, illustrator and indesign daily. Having a single eco system with very similar controls and commands is a time saver.

Cons

As much as I like having updated software it isn't a necessary item for me. Before CC I could get away with upgrading software as needed to save money. It might be a few years of using photoshop before I needed a newer version, but I alway need the latest InDesign. I had the choice before, now I feel it costs me extra every year for things I dont need.

QuarkXPress

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

A single eco system saves time. With everyone supplying PDF files these days it is easier to do everything in Adobe. Quark used to rule the world and still has some nice features but InDesign work flow is easier with PS and Illustrator.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great Product, but Costly

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Adobe Creative Cloud is undoubtedly leading the industry with its technology. The ease and interchangeability of projects between each application in the suite is a HUGE time saver and has prevented a lot of extra work and headaches.

Pros

I like that the software is constantly being updated. It is nice to not have to worry about whether or not your software is out of date. The wide selection of applications is nice and convenient to have bundled together as well. Being able to choose the option to only pay for specific programs is also nice to have, however, I find all the products very useful, so I pay for the entire suite.

Cons

The recurring monthly fees add up. There used to be a time when you could just buy the software outright, which I honestly prefer.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

You get what you pay for. The technology is state-of-the-art and leading the industry, so it's a no-brainer. If you want high-quality output, you have to be willing to pay for it. If you choose to go with a free product or lower quality, you risk it not being compatible with a majority of the software out there today and it just isn't worth the risk. You put a lot of work into what you do, why waste your time?
Kevin
Kevin
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Still unmatched by any other software

Reviewed on 10/9/2018

We use Creative Cloud on almost a daily basis, most often using Illustrator for graphic design and InDesign for print publishing. We also use Premiere and AfterEffects for video and motion graphics editing. The ability to move files between different programs through Adobe Bridge is particularly effective when working with a wide variety of assets in different contexts.

The cloud-based nature of the software is essential for employees who work remotely, allowing them to sync programs and preferences across devices.

Pros

For the wide range of applications available through Creative Cloud, no other software comes close to matching the feature set available here. Creative Cloud is still the gold standard for graphic design, photo & video editing, motion graphic design, publishing design, and interoperability between them. The somewhat recent transition to cloud-based software improves the feature set and finally divorces Adobe from the long-standing issue of only being able to license one machine at a time.

Some users might complain about the transition to a monthly licensing fee over a flat one-time fee that was used for Creative Suite, but there are distinct advantages to the cloud-based model. The monthly fee is really quite reasonable for the sheer volume of software you have access to, and you automatically receive new versions and features at no additional cost, i.e. you never have to worry about upgrading or compatibility issues.

Cons

There certainly is a learning curve given the complexity of the software, and Adobe has never fully managed to iron out every single bug. Occasionally, users will run into strange issues of software not working as expected, but thankfully the online knowledge base and customer service available almost always provides a solution, even if it's not intuitive.

Emily
Emily
  • Industry: Printing

It's the Industry Standard for a reason, but for how long?

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Pros

I have loved the Adobe suite since I first started using it back when I started in design with CS2, made my first purchase of the CS5 design suite in high school and Lightroom while in university, and now the CC at work. It's always growing with the demands of the industry and creating new features that assist designers and expand the possibilities. It now has easy tutorials included for new features that are visual more them verbal and easy to understand. The programs all integrate seamlessly together and makes it a joy to work with the software all day.

Cons

There is one flaw in the Illustrator software that is very specific to what I do on a daily basis that most people don't, that I wish would get created. A quick button that would create cut lines and apply bleeds. I specifically am in the sign and vehicle graphics industry and have an old (1990's/Early2000's) software that with a click of a button can recognize what image area is selected, apply cut lines and create the bleed needed for safety when cutting (multicoloured too). I always have to import my graphics from AI to this software to efficiently do this process, but sometime the colours just don't convey well and I'm left to spend an hour or more getting it done in Illustrator.

I also wasn't a supporter of the creative cloud subscription. I use it every day at work, but as a student and start-up owner as they transitioned to the CC format, the costs of that bill every month was difficult to justify since I had just spent a large amount on the CS5 edition on a while earlier that I started to explore other software options. It is completely worth the regular investment if your business relies on it for hours a day because it already holds the title for industry standard, but if your looking for something for only occasional use, It may be worth shopping around first.

If You Can Dream It, You Can Make It

Reviewed on 30/1/2019

For over 20 years, Adobe Creative software has been a part of my life. It has become an extension of myself. When I am listening to my fellow marketers, my managers/bosses, or my freelance clients describe what they want, I not only get a vision in my head, but I can also incorporate the feasibility of the project's completion, how I would go about fulfilling the project parameters, and approximately how much time it will take to finish, mostly depending on the client. This has allowed me to spend less time hastily making up for the amount of time I didn't budget during the quote/proposal process, and more time going back and touching up my work to make it truly unique, and a high quality finished product.

Pros

There is a reason the Adobe Creative Suite is consistently the #1 most pirated software in the world -- it sets the bar extremely high for competing software. There isn't a more comprehensive suite of design/editing software that works with formats/extensions accepted around the globe. Any business with any kind of internal marketing department/staff, this software is essential. There are individual software packages that offer comparable usability, but between the one-stop-shop that is Adobe CC and the price you're paying for monthly/annual updates from competing software, they really don't compare. As someone who has been at least marginally involved with vector design, web programming, video production, headshot photography, web graphics, etc. there literally isn't anything I can't do with an Adobe CC license. Not to mention, each new version gives me even more usability options without the learning curve.

Cons

Sometimes I run into the situation where I need to save files in a legacy format if vendors or other businesses/clients haven't updated their software recently, which is kind of a pain. Most any other problem I've had has been due to my own ignorance and was easily solved by a simple search engine result.

Cherry
  • Industry: Photography

It's powerful, but it also sucks

Reviewed on 1/4/2019

I am still using Adobe's subscription, but just for photoshop because I found better alternatives for two of the main programmes in Creative Cloud.

For Lightroom, it is not the best in interpreting RAW files compared to Capture One.
For Premiere, it's very slow and old, Davinci is a much better choice, or FCPX.

Pros

I am a photographer and I do video for my vlogs.

Photoshop is an unparalleled photo editing tool. It takes time to learn and master, but it can transform any imagination.
I like how I can access some fonts.

Audition is amazing in editing audio, it's crazy.

Premiere is also a powerful video editing tool, professionals and amatures use it to edit their work.

Cons

Even if you subscribe to Adobe's service from their official site, you may not be purchasing and thus served by Adobe after all.
There is a monthly plan or annual, but regardless, you are on a year long contract, not just for the first year, it's every renewal.
Adobe, depends on which country you come from, has different resellers. Which means, if anything happens to your account, they simply say, "sorry, you buy it from our reseller, there is nothing we can do." That happened to me. They promised to refund two months of subscription to me on the phone, so I dropped my complain. But then they wrote to me and said they couldn't do anything for me that that's that. I told them I purchased from them, and it never tells me I am buying from someone else THROUGH THEIR SITE. And they said it's not their problem.

Then Premiere. Yes it can do so much, from professionals to amateurs but it is so slow in randering files.
If you use Mac, Final Cut Pro is a much better choice or you can choose Davinci Resolve which is actually free, and the paid version is icing on the cake. Final Cut Pro and Davinci Paid version are both only 299USD, life licence. While, one year of creative cloud is well beyond the one time purchase of those two other wonderful programmes.

James

Amazing suite of software for a great price!

Reviewed on 23/11/2016

I have been using the Adobe Creative Suite since 2005, when it was several thousand dollars to purchase! I am SO grateful for the switch the the CC (Creative Cloud) and the new pricing structure. They've really opened up their market for a much broader customer base. Almost all the software has gotten better and better (and more integrated) since I've first come on board. There's a few quirks that I have to work around (one major issue), but other than that, the whole bundle is just amazing for any and all creative/design work.

Pros

The breadth of this bundle is unbelievable. They have addressed 95% of any design person/team's needs with what's in the CC (Creative Cloud). From photo editing, template design, audio optimization, video production, web mastering :-) You name it, the've almost certainly got it.

Cons

The only issues I have are with Premiere Pro and Dreamweaver. First, Premiere Pro: This software is incredibly robust, and my issues with it are minor, but it still causes me to prefer Final Cut Pro X over it. In comparison, FCPX is much more user friendly and really streamlines much of the editing process, so that I don't have to do it manually. If you're someone who just needs to keep producing content, week after week, FCPX is a better bet for you. If you have time, need extreme flexibility to do exactly what you want, then Premiere works better.

For Dreamweaver, this has been the only real sore spot. It doesn't work at all. It continues to crash on multiple systems over the past 2 years! I have contacted support, who initially were very involved, but somewhere I got list in the system. This hasn't been resolved and I've had to rely on quite a few workarounds to access server files, upload content, or back up sites locally. This is a big deal.

Matthew
Matthew
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Continuing a history of excellence

Reviewed on 18/2/2020

We utilize many of the Adobe Creative Cloud applications, Photoshop for general image manipulation, photo editing and the like; Illustrator for Vector Artwork creation and manipulation, After Effects for video production and multimedia ad creation. Other applications in the Adobe Suite are installed, but used much less frequently. Having used Adobe products since version 7, Creative Cloud continues the iterative nature of Adobe's software while keeping much of the core architecture the same... meaning this 'old dog' doesn't necessarily have to learn too many 'new tricks'.

Pros

Adobe Creative Cloud has long been considered the "cream of the crop" when it comes to Document Publishing / Document Layout / Graphic Design / Multimedia / Video Editing software. Their latest version(s), part of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, continue that legacy with highly capable software that is robust, reliable, and thoroughly useful in any number of utilizations. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, with each of these products you see vast improvements and new features, without sacrificing previous iterations workflows, which increases productivity even further.

Cons

As Adobe has been migrating to a Cloud-first approach to their software packages, single-use application purchases have been minimized and or lost completely. Adobe Creative Cloud offers a significant value in terms of software bundling, however, some customer's may be turned off by the inability to do a single purchase for the software. Having to pay to use the software in-perpetuity does cause pause for many organizations, but the upside is that you can always use the latest and greatest version(s).

Glenn
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

The Software Gold Standard for Creative Professionals

Reviewed on 3/4/2020

In general, my experience with Creative Cloud has always been a highly positive one. I use the software everyday for my job and although I've tried the other page layout design program, who's name rhymes with dark, I always come back to InDesign and am baffled at why anyone wouldn't use CC exclusively. As a graphic designer, I'm often times looking for new fonts for my creative projects and while the Adobe font library is quite extensive, I do look elsewhere for fonts. Since keeping so many fonts active at once can be a drain on Mac performance, I use Extensis Suitcase for font management. It would be great if Adobe made a font management program to work with Creative Cloud for even better seamless integration.

The only other bit of feedback I have is regarding program glitches. I've had an issue with a stray Cyan swatch appearing in my InDesign files for a few years and no matter what I try, I can't permanently get rid of it. I've worked with my company's Adobe administrator with no result. I've read through countless online blogs and Help desks that relate to the very issue I have, also with no resolution. I've even shared the issue with an Adobe sales executive, that reached out to me some time ago, who was going to share my issue with the Adobe engineers. To this day I have no resolution to the issue and continue to simply work around it and let it go.

Pros

As a graphic designer creating packaging artwork for pharmaceutical products, it's easy to work with multiple programs in Creative Cloud because of the seamless integration involved. No special formatting or hoops to jump through to go from one program to another. For the most part it's just copy and paste from one to another. I also like that now that Creative Cloud is web based with a desktop control panel, it's easy to update and upgrade software at any time without needing to wait for our administrator to roll out the new software.

Cons

Not easy to find much to dislike about Creative Cloud as I've been using the programs for roughly 20 years or more. The only thing that comes to mind is an aspect of the desktop control panel for CC. When I go to the control panel to see what programs are available, are installed, or have updates/upgrades, the interface is a bit of a mess. All previous versions of programs still show up and list updates that are available. The real issue I have is that the programs with multiple versions available don't easily note which version they are. They list their versions as 21.0.1 instead of CC 2017, CC 2018, or CC 2019, which would make it much easier to determine what is there since the installed programs show up by the year.

Pressilla
  • Industry: Insurance

Lots of Great Functions

Reviewed on 27/12/2020

It is very functional. Many apps to choose from. I realized that the apps are very specific, so if I'm working on a photo or design, I could choose between more than one app for the task. Deciding which app to choose was always dependent on the direction that I needed to go with my design. I was impressed with the quality of the software. Hardly had any glitches.

Pros

The software was very functional with over 20 different apps. This made tasks easier to complete through specific programs. I mostly used the Photoshop and Audition program. Photoshop has many great features for creating designs for my business. The quality was amazing and the more I used it, the smoother the process. It really sparked creativity with the features of lighting, colors, cropping the background from the image and adding your own, and was easy to use with green or white screen. They give a discount if you are a student to make it more affordable. For the vast variety of apps included, the price is worth it if you are in fact using them. My partner loved the In design app for making Ebooks. He found it very useful. The Audition program is very easy and exciting to use. You can record demos, songs, voice overs and much more. The sound quality (which is normally impacted by your input source as well) is very good. The mixing program that is built into the software does a great job with the auto mix features. It also has capabilities for getting rid of background noise which is a huge deal if your not recording in a professional studio. Easy to collaborate with others and lots of storage space for your work.

Cons

It's rather on the expensive side if you only plan on using a few apps. It is definitely not one of the easiest programs to use and does take some getting used to. Editing in Photoshop can sometimes be difficult for beginners. A lot of the features are unique and are not self-explanatory so watching tutorials will help out a lot with getting started. Takes a lot of RAM to run the program on my desktop. It did not work well on my laptop which was a bit disappointing.

Ben
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Creative Cloud is the software I dreamed about when I was a young professional.

Reviewed on 6/9/2017

Creative Cloud lets us bring our creative ideas to life.

Creative Cloud lets us bring our creative ideas to life.

Pros

Comprehensive and contiguous creative ecosystem at the foundation of Creative Cloud, and the reason I will use this platform for years to come. Some 10 years ago when I began my career in digital video and design, I lamented the limitations that the available software was bound by. I could not easily jump from one function to another (like video editing to sound editing, to coloring, to VFX, etc.), I had to wrestle with interoperability of projects and files, and many other things. My creativity was stifled by technological capacity. I hoped that new tools would fix these issues. Creative Cloud delivers on those hopes I had then.

The ability to seamlessly (and as someone who entered the industry at a time before these features existed I cannot emphasize this enough), send a video sequence from editing to VFX, to coloring, to sound design, to finishing and exporting without the need of intermediates or exports is just incredible. Premier, After Effects, and Audition work together as a trifecta of creative competence. When you throw in Photoshop and Illustrator into the mix, it's truly unmatched.

Creative Cloud has helped me become the creative professional I am today.

Cons

Creative Cloud has been sluggish to integrate certain features that I think they need. For example, audio/video sync should be built in to Premier by now, and not relegated to a feature that can only be obtained with pricey 3rd party plug-ins. Also, the performance of SpeedGrade lags behind other color grading applications that I am familiar with. I stick with SpeedGrade because of the tight integration, but it is slower than I like (part of this might be my workstation setup, but I cannot be sure).

Erin

Must-have for any designer!

Reviewed on 30/3/2018

Pros

I've been using Photoshop and Illustrator for ages now to edit images and set type in my design work. Photoshop is the most powerful image editing tool on the market. The most useful feature by far is the content aware scale. I use this a lot when I'm editing images for web pages where text needs to be on top of the image. It allows you to manipulate the size of photos by stretching them out with minimal distortion. So handy!

The lasso tool is also very helpful for selecting complex shapes and images from a photo to put on a plain or different background.

If you're a professional designer, there really is no amazing substitute for photoshop yet. It's the best there is.

Illustrator is great for doing type work and I love using the art boards to have many variations on the design at once available. Photoshop doesn't have this feature, which is something I really love about Illustrator.

To do graphic and web work, you really need to use multiple programs in tandem, so unless you're a photographer and only edit pictures, you'd also need to use Illustrator.

Web design stuff is better done in another program. Dreamweaver is outdated and I never found Fireworks to be useful either.

Cons

The programs are not super easy to use without a lot of practice. It really is an art form if you want to do complex image editing like cutting someone out, adding something in, making the background bigger, etc... but there are many helpful tutorials online that you can watch to help learn as you go depending on what you need to edit.

If you just need to do basic editing like cropping and adjusting color, brightness, etc... you can get away with something much simpler. But in terms of type setting Illustrator and Indesign are still the best in my opinion.

Another weakness of photoshop is the typography options. I've tried to mix type with imagery in photoshop for designs before, but the kerning and special character options are no where near as good as you can get in Illustrator. So, you really need to use Photoshop and Illustrator in tandem if you're doing type and imagery graphic design work.

Heidi
Heidi
  • Industry: Graphic Design

A game changer in the world of graphic design software.

Reviewed on 11/7/2018

A necessity for creative professionals working on line or in brick and mortar studios.

Pros

For many years, Adobe products were price prohibitive, usually only available to students and larger businesses. Freelance designers and smaller design studios were often left to find alternatives that many times failed to meet the standard that Adobe has set with its wide array of industry applications. With the advent of the subscription program, now Adobe products are available in any combination and easily managed through Adobe Creative Cloud. The Creative Cloud makes managing your Adobe Suite a simple matter, which frees you up to spend the time utilizing all of that luscious creativity that each application can help you utilize. Changing up the software bundle that you've chosen is also quick and easy, and can be handled with the click of a button. Similarly, all software updates are also taken care of in your Creative Cloud application so you can keep your Adobe Software running at its peak.

Adobe Creative Cloud is also so much more than simply the software management hub for Adobe software suites, it also stores your personal and shared libraries, is the storage behind Adobe Stock photos and connects you to your software from multiple devices. These benefits are so seamless that most people hardly notice they are using it.

Cons

There are no cons to this software. While it runs quietly in the background at all times, it doesn't take up a lot of space or memory and it never inundates you with annoying popups or notifications while you're working. There is no downside to Adobe Creative Cloud.