Adobe Creative Cloud

4.7 (6,768)
Graphic design and video editing software

(6,768)
4.7/5

6768 Software options

Jordan M.
  • Industry: Design

Wouldn't run my business without it

Reviewed on 18/3/2021

Ultimately I wouldn't be able to do all the things I do with my business without access to Adobe Cloud.

Pros

Creative Cloud makes it easy to download my most used Adobe software and ensure everything is up to date.

Cons

The biggest thing I don't like about Adobe Creative Cloud is the fact you are only renting your software. I used to be able to buy Adobe products as I needed them. Now I am forced to keep an ongoing subscription to maintain access to my software.

Inkscape and CorelDRAW

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe products offer a familiar platform that I enjoy using.
Janice W.

Creative Asset Development and Management of Content is A*

Reviewed on 28/8/2018

From creating logos; to creating stock in Adobe Spark with links and downloads; Adobe Photoshop for quick photo edits that are then used in Indesign or Illustrator. There is really so much. My most usage is Adobe Acrobat and an Invaluable tool. I am a Subscriber but will Invest and buy Adobe Acrobat. I do not know how a business can work effectively without it as most documents need eSigning or adding or reducing pages and editing in .PDF format. It is so easy with Acrobat. Most of my usage is for creating Assets for Online Course Development, so I work across the Creative Cloud but there is always more to see. Can't wait to use the Animator! It also works well for Software Gurus that just want to try more and more and more. It is an addictive software that is not going to go away. Very Professional indeed. I used this from the days of Photoshop 5 and Coreldraw (no competition for Adobe at all). I will always use Adobe and recommend it for professional and creative industries.

Pros

Adobe Creative Cloud is so very very adaptable to whatever you need it for. There are just so many tools and features that you can use and are easy to learn too if you are new to them.

I love the creative flare to simple Assets that you create and how professional the content can look. Also, the use of Stock Images; Videos; etc.. that can be used across all of the Creative Cloud products. Being able to use them from the cloud makes for easy usage for business by just having a link or being able to login and see your Mobile Content.

Cons

The only thing that can be a problem is waiting for a Mobile App to upload and save what you are doing, but to be fair, this is directly related to your Internet source - Adobe is not responsible for this so I would say it is something that you as a User must ensure is clean (that is the internet source).

Timmy T.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Capable, enterprise-level creative software at a steep price

Reviewed on 28/4/2020

It has been a difficult task to keep the software fully updated while not getting negative feedback from our creative team for excessive downtime. The capabilities of the software, when it's working, are unrivaled. Our creative professionals love it for its user-friendly keyboard shortcuts, and I love it for the wealth of pre-made design tools, templates, and solutions that it offers out of the box. It's a software package perfect for aspiring designers, enterprises, and experienced solo designers alike.

Pros

I like the capability to take creative work (digital files, large unfinished .pdf documents, color swatches for half-complete design work) on the go. Especially in times like right now, designers and our team's creative professionals need to be able to work on their schedule, when inspiration strikes them. Having access to the suite of Adobe products from the cloud makes this software more useful and effective than ever before, totally justifying the arduous task of version control and monthly price tag.

Cons

The hardest part of using this software package effectively was keeping it updated, encompassing illustrator, PDF reader, and photoshop all update on different cycles and the most up-to-date version of the creative cloud may not actually be comprised of the most recent photoshop versions. When versions aren't the same, problems can pop up between team members working on files in tandem from different versions of the same software.

Kristen N.

Adobe Creative Cloud Provides Us the Support Possible to Be Increasingly Innovative

Reviewed on 7/4/2020

Adobe Creative Cloud has paved the pathway for us to respond "yes" to the ideas generated by our full marketing team. If we are not sure of the answer, well, there is an app for us to learn and that will allow us to respond with excitement. It certainly provides the platform for us to use our maximum creativity.

Each application is instrumental in every project and marketing material that we produce, from layouts for our print and digital catalogs to images for advertisement campaigns to new wireframes for landing web pages to animated social assets. To be honest, I'm not sure how we could function well as a design team without Adobe CC.

Pros

I manage our graphic design team, and the ease and speed at which we can update our applications now with Adobe CC has provided so many opportunities for us to produce the best work possible. The licenses are very easy to manage, and our users have access to so many useful applications.

In fact, our designers have developed new skill sets as they download applications that they haven't used before, taught themselves how to use the application through Adobe tutorials or [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and used the application to make deliverables for campaigns even stronger and to implement the ideas that they envision. The speed at which we can share these ideas back and forth together is impressive.

Cons

Anyone can download an application, like Photoshop, InDesign, or Dreamweaver, and start to use the application (we have the "All Apps" plan). However, it does take some time and additional resources to learn to utilize unfamiliar applications to their fullest potential.

Our team uses a combination of the Adobe tutorials, college courses with the tuition graciously covered by our company, or [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to teach themselves or to learn how to use all the tools provided within an application. Adobe's tutorials are very clear and easy to follow.

Some applications have a steeper learning curve than others, but each application is such a powerful tool to implement that the investment in training is really worthwhile.

One piece in Adobe CC that we haven't used frequently is the ability to recruit creatives through Behance. It hasn't been an option that we have considered previously.

Glenn F.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

The Software Gold Standard for Creative Professionals

Reviewed on 3/4/2020

In general, my experience with Creative Cloud has always been a highly positive one. I use the software everyday for my job and although I've tried the other page layout design program, who's name rhymes with dark, I always come back to InDesign and am baffled at why anyone wouldn't use CC exclusively. As a graphic designer, I'm often times looking for new fonts for my creative projects and while the Adobe font library is quite extensive, I do look elsewhere for fonts. Since keeping so many fonts active at once can be a drain on Mac performance, I use Extensis Suitcase for font management. It would be great if Adobe made a font management program to work with Creative Cloud for even better seamless integration.

The only other bit of feedback I have is regarding program glitches. I've had an issue with a stray Cyan swatch appearing in my InDesign files for a few years and no matter what I try, I can't permanently get rid of it. I've worked with my company's Adobe administrator with no result. I've read through countless online blogs and Help desks that relate to the very issue I have, also with no resolution. I've even shared the issue with an Adobe sales executive, that reached out to me some time ago, who was going to share my issue with the Adobe engineers. To this day I have no resolution to the issue and continue to simply work around it and let it go.

Pros

As a graphic designer creating packaging artwork for pharmaceutical products, it's easy to work with multiple programs in Creative Cloud because of the seamless integration involved. No special formatting or hoops to jump through to go from one program to another. For the most part it's just copy and paste from one to another. I also like that now that Creative Cloud is web based with a desktop control panel, it's easy to update and upgrade software at any time without needing to wait for our administrator to roll out the new software.

Cons

Not easy to find much to dislike about Creative Cloud as I've been using the programs for roughly 20 years or more. The only thing that comes to mind is an aspect of the desktop control panel for CC. When I go to the control panel to see what programs are available, are installed, or have updates/upgrades, the interface is a bit of a mess. All previous versions of programs still show up and list updates that are available. The real issue I have is that the programs with multiple versions available don't easily note which version they are. They list their versions as 21.0.1 instead of CC 2017, CC 2018, or CC 2019, which would make it much easier to determine what is there since the installed programs show up by the year.

John S.

Tried & tested

Reviewed on 3/3/2020

I use creative cloud apps everyday in my photography business for both managing Image files, basic editing & client viewing in lightroom, advanced editing in photoshop and also the creation of marketing materials (fliers, posters etc.) also in photoshop. I've been using Photoshop for about 18 years, and Lightroom for well over 10 years and I'm still learning. They're not the easiest programs to get your head around, but there's a lot of free great material available on YouTube to get you up and running. I've never had any issues with the software or subscription and I often recommend them to others.

Pros

The creative cloud subscription gives you the latest version of the software, there's no need to buy a new version each time it's released. Personally I use the photography package and have lightroom & photoshop as part of this, both of which I use daily. The latest features/updates in the 2020 version (of PS) are great (especially updates to content aware fill) and are very useful for the type of work I do saving me a great deal of time.

A lot of people moan about the subscription route Adobe have gone down. Personally I think it's a positive aspect and the great thing about it is that you can try it, and if it's really not for you then just cancel your subscription and try something else.

Cons

The only thing which I found slightly annoying, is that some of the features & functions work slightly differently when you're essentially trying to do the same thing. For example transform, crop etc. - sometimes I have to hold shift, sometimes I don't depending on which function I'm using which is confusing - there doesn't seem to be any standardisation. Also I find going from Lightroom to Photoshop can also be confusing sometimes when the same tools in each program, use different commands/shortcuts etc. it does take some getting used to.

Capture One

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

I've been using Adobe software for years, and didn't want the hassle of learning new software that I had no experience of.
Tony R.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Creative Cloud increases access to everthing!

Reviewed on 7/1/2020

The Adobe Creative Cloud keeps everything I need in one easy to access storage location without needing to add to my own harddrive if I choose. This allows me more room for the things I need to store on my devices. I love the fact that I can open, edit and sign documents on my iPad and then move them to the cloud for easy access by myself or anyone with access. Truly great product.

Pros

The best feature of course is the ability to have all of my PDF's categorized and available on any device through the Creative Cloud. But it doesn't stop with PDF's. Jpeg's, (bitmaps of all kinds) Photoshop projects CAD drawings and more are all easily stored in the cloud. And access is seamless between all of my devices. Windows Lap top, Apple iPad and Android smart phone are all supported and work as if there was only one storage location... because there is only one! They are simply all accessible from every device. Love it!

Cons

Adobe Cloud can be and has been a bit finicky. But each time I have reported issues the support team is on them instantly and with in a few days if not the same day the issues have been solved.

Jay P.

Lost without it!

Reviewed on 22/8/2019

We were struggling to find adequate software for designing, editing and publishing our media (Video, graphics and vector based!) and when I had suggested we move to adobe as oppose to the free alternatives, we found everything we need in one package.

Training our team on the new products was ridiculously easy thanks to the thousands of tutorials and user guides available online - so a seamless switch over to far more powerful software was exactly what we were looking for!

Pros

We use Adobe Photoshop, Lighroom, Illustrator, After Effects and Bridge as part of our daily work - website graphics & icons, editing product images taken by our in house photographer and organising them all finally through bridge.

Honestly, we couldn't go without it now. Everything is at the touch of our fingers and by using preset workspace layouts and editing features, it turned what was once a laborious time consuming exercise into a streamlined function. Everything from our icons and page layouts down to our social media images and short animations and videos are produced within the creative cloud suite.

Simple pros!
Range of techniques available
Variety of media
Simple to organise and share between colleagues.
Excellent compression tools for optimising for web

Cons

Honestly - the only con we have is that in a busy working environment, we sometimes require multiple users to access the same piece of software and only having limited licenses on our plan meant we have to upgrade but, that in itself is not actually a con - just a fact of life!

Nate W.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Creativity, Collaboration, and Consistency

Reviewed on 17/8/2019

Overall ACC has only improved over the years since its creation. Coming from the massive software box days and CD's, it is so much easier to install the apps you need, keep them updated, learn, access stock utilities, browse ideas, and share ideas than ever before due to the ACC. Adobe continues to outdo themselves each and every year and I can't tell people enough about how great ACC is.

Pros

The Adobe Creative Cloud provides excellent opportunities for you to learn, add new fonts, search stock material to use in your projects. ACC allows you to connect to Behance to share your work, connect with other users, and gain ideas from the community that exists there on Behance. Another nice feature is that you can update all of your apps, and if your a full ACC user, try out some of the new programs that Adobe is always adding.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't a whole lot that isn't to like about ACC. However, within each program, you have the availability to access the Adobe Stock materials that you can download and use within your projects. It would be nice to have the option to download a demo prior to purchasing to try within the project.

CorelDRAW and GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

Industry-standard. Workability between their suite of programs is fantastic with Adobe Media Manager and integration.
Christopher D.

ADOBE: So you want to be a designer?

Reviewed on 7/8/2019

Adobe CC has been a huge part of my life and reason why I can make a living. If you are considering purchasing Adobe CC for your organization, there are plans for you and your team depending on your needs. As a graphic designer, I use up to four programs daily (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Dreamweaver) and that is only a fraction of the toolbox provided by Adobe CC!

Pros

Adobe Creative Cloud is the most extensive package for creatives. Whether you're a graphic designer, motion graphics artist, illustrator, or pixel pushers, Adobe CC has something for you. I've been using Adobe products for over 10 years now and Adobe CC is something I'm using everyday in my work.

Cons

Some of the newer programs do feel a little lacking. I do understand that Adobe is trying to branch out into several markets and part of the appeal of Adobe CC is that you can pay for one service or pay for all of them and have access to your programs in addition to any new industry standard software.

CorelDRAW and QuarkXPress

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe CC is a platform that includes everything I'm looking for in one place. It is robust and includes everything you need and more to succeed in the design world!
Cherry W.
  • Industry: Photography

It's powerful, but it also sucks

Reviewed on 1/4/2019

I am still using Adobe's subscription, but just for photoshop because I found better alternatives for two of the main programmes in Creative Cloud.

For Lightroom, it is not the best in interpreting RAW files compared to Capture One.
For Premiere, it's very slow and old, Davinci is a much better choice, or FCPX.

Pros

I am a photographer and I do video for my vlogs.

Photoshop is an unparalleled photo editing tool. It takes time to learn and master, but it can transform any imagination.
I like how I can access some fonts.

Audition is amazing in editing audio, it's crazy.

Premiere is also a powerful video editing tool, professionals and amatures use it to edit their work.

Cons

Even if you subscribe to Adobe's service from their official site, you may not be purchasing and thus served by Adobe after all.
There is a monthly plan or annual, but regardless, you are on a year long contract, not just for the first year, it's every renewal.
Adobe, depends on which country you come from, has different resellers. Which means, if anything happens to your account, they simply say, "sorry, you buy it from our reseller, there is nothing we can do." That happened to me. They promised to refund two months of subscription to me on the phone, so I dropped my complain. But then they wrote to me and said they couldn't do anything for me that that's that. I told them I purchased from them, and it never tells me I am buying from someone else THROUGH THEIR SITE. And they said it's not their problem.

Then Premiere. Yes it can do so much, from professionals to amateurs but it is so slow in randering files.
If you use Mac, Final Cut Pro is a much better choice or you can choose Davinci Resolve which is actually free, and the paid version is icing on the cake. Final Cut Pro and Davinci Paid version are both only 299USD, life licence. While, one year of creative cloud is well beyond the one time purchase of those two other wonderful programmes.

Karima Z.
  • Industry: Design

the best software suite for creatives and designs

Reviewed on 30/3/2019

Adobe creative could offer numerous administrations and applications in the realm of graphic design, photography and video. Regardless of being a paid software, it merits paying the membership since it incorporates several valuable and proficient devices to create graphic undertakings.

Pros

What I like the most is that it is so instinctive to move between different adobe softwares, despite the fact that when every one of them has its own devices and inconveniences, I find there is a typical visual language between them every one of that helps a ton when you are utilizing one of the projects out of the blue.
I like that it is so natural to mantain a customary and incorporated workflow on account of cloud based associations. It not just abstains from stressing over not having the textual style you need, however it likewise helps when working in groups to mantain visual intelligibility.
I additionally welcome that I don't have to personalice my workspace each time I utilize another PC, it is basic as sparing it on the web and my workflow mantains.

Cons

As a begginer specialist, I battle with the installment part, I discovered it somewhat costly for the circumstance I was. Winding up some portion of an organization, helped me a ton. I think medium to huge organizations and experienced specialists are increasingly ready to manage the cost of it.
I likewise don't care for how there are still similarity issues between the organizations of every software. Delayed consequences works great with Ai documents, however they are not so neighborly in Indesign, for instance.

If You Can Dream It, You Can Make It

Reviewed on 30/1/2019

For over 20 years, Adobe Creative software has been a part of my life. It has become an extension of myself. When I am listening to my fellow marketers, my managers/bosses, or my freelance clients describe what they want, I not only get a vision in my head, but I can also incorporate the feasibility of the project's completion, how I would go about fulfilling the project parameters, and approximately how much time it will take to finish, mostly depending on the client. This has allowed me to spend less time hastily making up for the amount of time I didn't budget during the quote/proposal process, and more time going back and touching up my work to make it truly unique, and a high quality finished product.

Pros

There is a reason the Adobe Creative Suite is consistently the #1 most pirated software in the world -- it sets the bar extremely high for competing software. There isn't a more comprehensive suite of design/editing software that works with formats/extensions accepted around the globe. Any business with any kind of internal marketing department/staff, this software is essential. There are individual software packages that offer comparable usability, but between the one-stop-shop that is Adobe CC and the price you're paying for monthly/annual updates from competing software, they really don't compare. As someone who has been at least marginally involved with vector design, web programming, video production, headshot photography, web graphics, etc. there literally isn't anything I can't do with an Adobe CC license. Not to mention, each new version gives me even more usability options without the learning curve.

Cons

Sometimes I run into the situation where I need to save files in a legacy format if vendors or other businesses/clients haven't updated their software recently, which is kind of a pain. Most any other problem I've had has been due to my own ignorance and was easily solved by a simple search engine result.

• Industry: Publishing

I like Adobe Creative Cloud

Reviewed on 8/1/2019

I use Adobe Creative Cloud regularly to edit photos in the office and on the go (on my laptop and phone), prepare files for print, and to maintain my portfolio online. It's been good for what it provides.

Pros

Adobe Creative Cloud allows me to run Photoshop and Lightroom on my main workstation (desktop) and my mobile workstation (laptop) under 1 license which allows for 2 devices. This is very nice, and makes it easy for me to manage and install the software whenever and wherever I need to.

I also like that it comes with cloud storage, mobile apps, and a portfolio site that integrates with Behance. The website and storage really make it a great value, especially as it allows me to use my own domain registered elsewhere with it.

The apps are good too. While a CC subscription isn't required to download, having an account unlocks more photofilters and features, as well as integrates the program with your Adobe CC for easy access to files from the desktop versions of Lightroom and Photoshop.

Cons

Updates don't always bring about wanted changes. For example, recent updates to Photoshop CC made major changes to the way tools such as the healing brush and selection box work. This has caused many long time users, myself included, to often feel like we're working against rather than with the software.

Also, updates don't always overwrite current installs. In the case of major releases (e.g. the recent Photoshop CC 2019 update), the update is installed as a separate program while the older versions remains. This can eat up a lot of hard drive space.

Also Sometimes updates, since they are so frequent, can cause crashes or slowdowns, although I haven't experienced this yet with the latest release (CC 2019.)

Chamath N.

Best software collection set that any designer must have

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

I would define my experience with the software as the best. Whether I want to do photography, illustration or even graphic designing, Adobe-Creative-Cloud is the best tool to use since it has the latest versions of applications for users' multimedia needs all under it.

Pros

Adobe Creative Cloud is an environment that offers services as well as applications that meets the multimedia needs of users including website development, video, photography, and graphics design. These include such software as Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop.
I have been using this Platform for about 6 months now and can pinpoint the following pros that are associated with it:

-Easy of Access
I found this platform effective since it is possible to access it from anywhere in the world provided I have an internet connection. Unlike the perpetual licenses, this package allows me to chose the device that has the local downloads. This means that I do not have to carry my one computer everywhere I move to in order to access it.

-Free Access
Adobe-Creative-Cloud offers me free access to the newest versions of the products. The perpetual licenses required an individual to pay for each and every upgrade to the software. However, this package has upgraded versions of the products meaning that I am always using their newest versions.

-The User Gets Everything from Adobe
I Think that this platform is a one-stop shop that meets all of my multimedia needs. The platform has all of the application that i need in graphic design, web development, and photography.

Cons

Adobe Creative Cloud has a few disadvantages attached to it which I have listed below.
-Expensive
Some of the plans provided by this platform are quite expensive as compared to the perpetual licenses. Despite the fact that it will take around 3-4 years to reach that level, I think that this platform is disadvantageous to me. Moreover, there is no assurance of consistent pricing since the plans have their price locked-in for just 12-months.

-The Portability of the Downloads is Poor
It is not possible to move an Adobe-Creative-Cloud from one device to another. This means that whenever I want to use the platform on several devices, I am required to download it onto each device.

Maru K.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Can't live without it

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Pros

I love that the Creative Cloud suite holds all my graphics and video editing software needs in one place. And the Creative Cloud app helps ease the install process with a simple click of a button. Since Adobe owns all the softwares (premiere, aftereffects, photoshop, etc.), they are very well integrated with each other. There isn't a need for a separate export or save to be able to use files between multiple programs. For instance, photoshop or illustrator files can be used directly on premiere as a smart file, and the file can be updated without the hassle of having the save over and relinking. Another great collaboration tool is being able to switch between premiere and aftereffects when working on a video project.
Each software is very powerful and can do a lot more than other similar softwares can provide.

Cons

The file size for the apps are large. And the cloud defaults the install storage to your primary drive. And most computers have a smaller primary SSD drive nowadays that you will run out of storage quickly. Be sure to change your default install folder within the cloud app to a secondary drive. However, if your secondary drive is not an SSD drive, you will get a little bit of slowdown.

Another con for me was the newer releases were very unstable which required me to uninstall and install an older version.

Adobe Cloud softwares are not an easy software to use, and I do not mean in terms of just tools. There are certain aspects of the software that requires you to know more about computers to be able to set it up properly. For example, Premiere Pro has an issue with the Mercury Playback not working on many graphic drivers. This required me to search on the internet for a while for a solution that ending up being a setting in cloud that was not obvious on what it does. And I consider myself pretty tech savvy. Most people who use Adobe are the creative type and do not know a lot about computer hardware. This part can use some help to help streamline the process for many users

Necessary for Photogrpahy and Videography Power Users Only

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

In general, if you are a photographer, there isn't an alternative that is anywhere near as powerful as Photoshop, or as intuitive and robust with Photoshop cross-functionality as Lightroom, neither from Apple, Nikon, or any third party app. If you are just a occasional photo-editor or do this as a hobby, then this is most likely too much. But if you are a power photo-editor and/or need to do large batches of RAW file editing, these programs are essential. Essentially, you are not a pro unless you use these programs in your photo-editing process. I've used virtually every mainstream competitor, and while many will get you 90% of the way, they are not power user programs and don't have the years of refinement that something like Photoshop does. Think GoogleMaps vs Apple Maps.
That said, I use these programs because I have to, but they are not great programs, especially Photoshop. Users have become power-users because of constant use and I commend them for not having changed the basic form/function of their app like Microsoft has over the years so that someone who was a power user from three generations of the software ago can go in and feel mostly at home with CC. But in general, this is a very tough program to learn as a new user and most take tutorials or classes (or both) before understanding how powerful Photoshop really is. As a professional photographer that does bulk photography (like wedding photographers and event photographers), Lightroom is unmatched.

Pros

Powerful tools that are always up to date.
Photos are synced via cloud and can be edited/worked on from multiple computers/mobile devices as needed.

Cons

Memory hogs, these programs require top of the line processors, graphics cards, and RAM (8GB minimum) in order to use on a regular basis without constant freezing.
Expensive model since you are paying in perpetuity. If you want a onetime cost and use legacy software like days of old, this is not it.
Different apps within the suite have completely different feel to them, as if the developers had zero interaction with each other (which they probably didn't). Adobe, Lightroom, and Photoshop all feel and work completely differently. That means that each program requires you relearn each one. If you only sporadically use some programs in the suite, getting re-acclimated to the tools every time can be frustrating.
Redundant names like Lightroom Classic CC vs Lightroom CC makes their naming an absolute mess.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Rely heavily on this suite of software - but feel held hostage

Reviewed on 30/4/2018

Well, the obvious: It enables me to do get my work done. I use the apps every day and use them all together.

Pros

I love that all the apps work together and I can work in a more streamlined fashion across Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, etc. I love that it includes all the apps and I can install or uninstall whichever I want or need at any time. There are additional features like the fonts access and marketplace. It's a great one-stop-shop for the designer who needs to use all these apps. Even if you use only a few, it's a great asset to have at your disposal.

Cons

The subscription packages aren't really optimal for the designer who only needs 3 of the 20 apps (or whatever they have). It's essentially like having to sign up for even the. minimal cable tv package when you watch only 4 of the 200 channels. I miss the days when you could buy what you needed and own it. The monthly fee leaves me in a very BAD position b/c I have so many PS, AI, & INDD files that would be useless without paying money. If I choose to cancel, I'm screwed. At least in the past, I owned my software and I wasn't forced to keep paying every month perpetually. So I am paying a LOT of money over the course of the handful of years that I have it vs. updating every couple of years to the next version. I see the benefit but it's actually way more expensive this way. The other thing that drives me crazy is that each update they do somehow comes with a change in the workflow that didn't need to be changed. Things are somehow either moved to a totally unknown different location or removed entirely. That is a huge pain for a veteran designer and I believe "if it's not broken, don't fix/change it" but Adobe seems to believe differently. Lastly, the apps crash very often, even on a workhorse computer with a lot of RAM and HD space.

Ben B.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Creative Cloud is the software I dreamed about when I was a young professional.

Reviewed on 6/9/2017

Creative Cloud lets us bring our creative ideas to life.

Pros

Comprehensive and contiguous creative ecosystem at the foundation of Creative Cloud, and the reason I will use this platform for years to come. Some 10 years ago when I began my career in digital video and design, I lamented the limitations that the available software was bound by. I could not easily jump from one function to another (like video editing to sound editing, to coloring, to VFX, etc.), I had to wrestle with interoperability of projects and files, and many other things. My creativity was stifled by technological capacity. I hoped that new tools would fix these issues. Creative Cloud delivers on those hopes I had then.

The ability to seamlessly (and as someone who entered the industry at a time before these features existed I cannot emphasize this enough), send a video sequence from editing to VFX, to coloring, to sound design, to finishing and exporting without the need of intermediates or exports is just incredible. Premier, After Effects, and Audition work together as a trifecta of creative competence. When you throw in Photoshop and Illustrator into the mix, it's truly unmatched.

Creative Cloud has helped me become the creative professional I am today.

Cons

Creative Cloud has been sluggish to integrate certain features that I think they need. For example, audio/video sync should be built in to Premier by now, and not relegated to a feature that can only be obtained with pricey 3rd party plug-ins. Also, the performance of SpeedGrade lags behind other color grading applications that I am familiar with. I stick with SpeedGrade because of the tight integration, but it is slower than I like (part of this might be my workstation setup, but I cannot be sure).

• Industry: Research

Very expensive collection of graphic software

Reviewed on 30/3/2021

Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator are my most often used applications after Microsoft's. If you want to create a publishable plot or picture, you will need Adobe Illustrator. When people publish Excel's plots, it looks very unprofessional.
For my hobby, computer drawing, Adobe Photoshop provides well designed set of tools and brushes. However, if you are an artist you will be comfortable in most of available graphic software such as GIMP or Clip Studio Paint. Some of them are really good and free.

Pros

Adobe Creative Cloud provides a beautiful (and very expensive) collection of graphical software. You can create arts, edit photos, compile videos, design websites and books and so on, everything you could wish.
If you buy a monthly subscription, all your software is up to date. Updates and new features are released regularly. Adobe is always on the cutting-edge of media technology and algorithms. All these recent smart tools and filters are amazing!

Cons

Ok, they are amazing if you can afford it. If you want to have all Adobe Creative software, it will cost you 53$ per month, whereas a single app will cost 21$ per month. And you can activate your Adobe Creative Cloud only on 2 computers at the same time. If you have 3 computers at home, it becomes annoying to re-activate your account every time you want to switch between desktop and laptop.
The only option, which makes Adobe Creative Cloud affordable for personal use, is buying a license for students and teachers that costs 20$ per month for all applications. If you are lucky and have a student or a teacher at home, of course.

Rita S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

You can't do Design without Adobe Creative Cloud

Reviewed on 15/8/2019

Due to having Adobe Creative Cloud we are able to do all the collateral in house, saving us thousands of pounds a year with outsourced design agencies - ultimately that is why I'm happy to pay the fairly high price tag monthly, because in reality you are saving a lot of money. Particularly if you consider that you get 10 stock photos a month (I believe it's 10!) just that would cost you the same amount of money as you pay monthly fee for creative cloud with access to all of it!!

Pros

The variety of softwares that adobe creative cloud offers covers you in all based when it comes to design. On a daily basis I use Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Stock, Typekit and Adobe Acrobat. You can do pretty much everything from designing a logo using vector on Illustrator, Edit photos on photoshop, put together a publication/poster/flyer on Indesign, choose the fonts you want to use on TypeKit, download stock photos on Stock. (There's plenty more software to choose from according to your design needs, I just don't use them all). The cherry on top of the cake is Adobe Assets, that works like a cloud (almost like Google Drive/dropbox) where you can upload your designs/artwork/files and access them from pretty much anywhere, provided that there is internet connection. Also you get access to all new updates without having to pay a new license!

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about Adobe Creative Cloud. You can argue that the price is quite high, which I don't disagree with, but I'm still happy to pay it due to how much you have access to!

Joshua W.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Adobe Creative Cloud is an amazing software which you have to try!

Reviewed on 10/4/2020

I have used Adobe Creative Cloud for many school assessments and got very good results. When producing videos, music and even editing pictures, I personally find that Adobe Creative Cloud is a great option. It has a very nice finish and creates amazing products. I would really advise you to consider buying this product.

Pros

Adobe Creative Cloud is great! Creative Cloud is the Central hub for all the adobe apps. I use them all daily for video editing, photoshop, and even coding! It has great features which are easy to use, and require no prior knowledge. Within the app you can download and use all the different adobe products, as well as being able to access customer support and help centers. Another great feature with the app is that when buying it, there are many different discounts. For example, I am a student, so I get to pay a discounted fee on the Adobe Suite. Another great feature of Adobe Creative Cloud is there stock footage. I for one quite frequently use the stock footage in my videos. I would really advise you try Adobe Creative Cloud!

Cons

There are only a few negatives about the software. For one, it is quite costly if you do not have a discount. The monthly few can rack up and cost you a lot in the long run. Another is that the customer support takes quite a while to respond. For me, it took about 1 week for the Adobe Creative Cloud admins to get back to me about my account security issues. Although this is irritating, they do still provide excellent support once they respond.

Abel B.

Great suite of products for graphic designers

Reviewed on 5/10/2019

Pleasant experience, it was very easy to setup and grasp. They added new tutorials in the interface of the tools you're using within creative cloud, very useful.

Pros

But not just for graphic designers, for visual developers as well. As a small business owner, Not a day goes by without making use of the products within Adobe creative cloud, especially Photoshop as I have mild design experience. These tools make it way easy to design simple and even professional banners and images in no time. I'm most especially pleased with Photoshop which I just minimized a couple of minutes ago, The Adobe creative cloud offers more than just photoshop however but my main focus is what it helps get done. I'm able to make nice designs with it easily, sync them so I can access on any device later, this really, is a plus for me.

Cons

It can't work effectively or atleast without glitches on computers with average memory size, for example I've had to change my laptop to one with higher specs in other to be able to use creative cloud.

Jack joseph B.

Limitless Possibilities for Great Value

Reviewed on 9/7/2020

Creative Cloud has allowed me to take my skills in graphic design and expand it into a fully functioning business.

Pros

Adobe Creative Cloud is subscription program which allows subscribers unlimited access to an extensive amount of Adobe software. For as little as ~$30 (depending on student status) users have access to over 20+ desktop and mobile apps. It is important to note that Adobe is an industry standard when it comes to graphic design, photography, film, animation, etc. For the price of Adobe Creative Cloud, the value and return on investment is superb. I personally use Illustrator and Photoshop the most, but other programs such as Premier Pro, InDesgin, etc. are programs I use once in a while. You can easily learn each software via tutorials on YouTube or even Adobe's website. You can also download Creative Cloud on most computers, and have access to as much as 3 desktops at a time. So you can have it downloaded on your personal computer, work computer, and an extra location (say you are on a vacation and the hotel you are in has computers for use, you can download and us the program, and delete it when you're finished). Overall, Adobe CC offers a lot to its users, and I highly recommend.

Cons

Adobe's programs sometimes use a lot of data, especially when performing heavy functions such as the 3D feature in Illustrator. Yet, this is trivial compared to how much Adobe CC has helped me.

Jenna D.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Perfect For Any Level of Designer!

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

Overall, the Creative Cloud is a wonderful and convenient tool for day-to-day work activities. When I get a commission, I can easily go through the software to open the programs I'll need for the job at hand. Is it worth the subscription? Yes, and no. If you're able to afford the cheaper monthly payments or the more expensive annual payment, then yes keep using the software. Otherwise research different kinds of software that are similar to Adobe and I'm sure you'll find a perfect fit. For me, this is my most perfect fit and I cannot see myself switching to anything else!

Pros

I really love that every piece of software that I need to use on the daily (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) are all in one area. I no longer have to go searching in my Programs list or keep a Shortcut link on my desktop, which in turn makes that much cleaner looking! Plus, it makes updating each program much more simpler and easier. Everything gets updated automatically and swiftly!

Cons

Everything was going great up until I received a notice quite some time ago that the programs I use will now be on a subscription basis through the Creative Cloud. I had already payed a fee for the Creative package, but since they converted all my programs into the Cloud, they've, in a way, blindsided myself and other independent Graphic Artists for hire with this quite expensive change. It is very much still worth the money, don't get me wrong. But you cannot afford this service, I would say to try out the many other options that are available out there.