Adobe Creative Cloud Reviews

Adobe Creative Cloud

4.7 (7,263)
Graphic design and video editing software

(7,263)
4.7/5

Joshua
Joshua

Widest Selection of High-Quality Software

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Our experience with Adobe Creative Cloud has been wonderful. We really enjoy using their software products and find it to be the best in the industry.

Pros

I like that with Adobe Creative Cloud you are able to select which particular bundles of software you want to pay for and use. We use Photoshop and Acrobat every single day. Photoshop is - hands down - the best software we use to edit our product photos before posting them to our online listings. The other software we use is Acrobat which we use for OCR after scanning documents, filling/creating forms and printing shipping labels.

Cons

The only thing we don't like about this is having to pay monthly instead of purchasing the software once. An Adobe customer service representative told me that they switched to this model due to the issue of counterfeiting with their products. I still miss the days of being able to buy the software at once and then upgrade as needed.

pdfFiller

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe Acrobat provides more features and is of much, much higher quality.
Pieter
Pieter
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

The industry standard, but not perfect

Reviewed on 12/7/2022

Adobe Creative Cloud has solved many problems our organization has faced by allowing us to work with streamlined workflows and well integrated. However, sometimes I wonder whether there is a better competitor out there.

Pros

Creative Cloud provides access to a suite of software that is extremely versatile, customizable, and powerful for all means of creative work. The different software products integrate well with one another (E.g. After effects animations in Premiere, or Photoshop edits in Illustrator) and allows for workflows in projects that are relatively easy to manage.

Cons

Now and then, Premiere Pro seems to have a new bug that hampers our progress. Some video file formats work better than others. Other competitor video editing software has better performance under certain conditions. Creative Cloud products lack in optimization in certain situations.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

Creative Cloud is a standard in the industry, meaning our employees are comfortable using it for complex tasks and need not receive further specialized training.
  • Industry: Entertainment

An expensive exercise in frustration

Reviewed on 23/11/2018

Adobe Creative Cloud provides the ultimate creative digital toolbox with tools that allow a relative ease of onboarding and a depth of complexity for professionals to grow into over time. Having one place to find, install, update and pay for such a broad Suite of professional products is a boon.

User Interface deficiencies lead to frustration now and then but overall Adobe's product Suite provides a complete set of tools with professional depth and sophistication. Once you've grown used to Adobe's interface (that changes between tools within the suite, in places) you'll find an invaluable set of tools that enable a broad range of capabilities within the creative digital space at a sophisticated, professional level. Some may find the price to be high and in some cases where bugs persist throughout versions of a product I would agree but in general, the level of professional capability explains the high cost.

Pros

Moving Adobe's Suite online with Creative Cloud was a great and necessary move. Frequent updates and an easy central repository can be tremendously helpful - updates can be accessed and installed with ease and as you discover the need for other pieces of software, the install is a simple click away via the Creative Cloud app.

Adobe's Suite is *expansive* and has a range of tools of great value to creative digital professionals. To have such a broad spectrum of capability available in one Suite of software tools makes for an invaluable toolbox. Being able to jump out of an edit in Premiere to make tricky edits to an audio file in Audition, adjust an image in Photoshop and bring it in to After Effects to apply FX in 3D space before taking it all back to your Premiere timeline allows for a very efficient workflow.

Cons

The User Interface for Adobe Software is convoluted and frustrating to use. With each update Adobe will occasionally make minor interface changes for reasons that are hard to understand and, either way, increase frustation and decrease the ability to definitively get to grips with the software.

Some bugs persist through multiple versions of Adobe's software which calls into question the high ongoing price for the products where old bugs seem to be glossed over with new features and new bugs crop up regularly, perhaps due to deficiencies in the core engine.

• Industry: Individual & Family Services

Very nice and complete but a bit expensive

Reviewed on 12/12/2023

Overall I am happy, but I find it a very expensive option. I think there must be other programs on the market that do the same thing and are cheaper. If I want to use just one application, I don't need to pay for all the cloud applications, but it is more expensive to use just one than to have everything. I would like to have an easy and simple option to use only one or (maximum 2) and not have to pay the full price.

Pros

It's all in one place, you can update the different versions from one place. That makes things easier.

Cons

What is an advantage becomes a disadvantage, as everything is concentrated in the adobe cloud, and starting from the same hub with the different applications, when you have to make an update it takes too long and does not work well until you update an application you can not open or do anything with the other. I think it may also have to do with the version of my computer, memory ,processor, etc..

Ian
Ian

All the Tools Needed for Creatives

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

I needed a product that would allow me to design logos, develop videos and edit animations. I found Photoshop, Iilustraotr, After Effect and Premier Pro to be exceptional in providing the soluton I wanted.

Pros

Knowing that the tools interact with each other makes life easier and enables dynamic work to be acarried out without exporting to different formats and reimporting potentially losing quality.

Cons

The learning curve is very steep. It is not simple to setup and work with the applicaitons, especially when Photoshop and Illustrator, for example, work differently and do not perfomr the same basic funtionalities.

Fairman
Fairman
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Adobe Creative Yet Not Much in the Cloud

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

I have already rated it a 7 whether I recommend this to my friends and family so my overall experience pretty says the same.

Pros

The software is user-friendly that even a non-tech person can easily use and navigate through it. You can easily open up PDF files and the likes and view or store it anytime and anywhere. The mobility of this platform is honestly just like the rest of those cloud services out there. What makes it outstanding is the capability of ease on editing or creating files while you are on-the-go.

Cons

Although I like the software personally, the feeling of paying for something and with an astonishing price-drop for new subscribers is way too unfair for existing subscribers.

Google Cloud Storage

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

Google Cloud is money-spend worth for a software.

Google Cloud Storage

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

I just to give it a shot if it works or not, apparently, it didn't.
Joe
Joe
  • Industry: Sports

Great Suite of Products

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

The collection of apps is awesome! You can literally do anything you can set your mind to from video to print to website. Only complaint is the complexity at times but once you get the hang of it it's great software.

Pros

Creative Cloud provides automatic updates so you always have the most current software. There is a ton of options within each program to be able to create whatever your mind comes up with.

Cons

It can be difficult to learn the software since there are so many features for each program. Sometimes simpler is better, but then you lack the customization. It's definitely designed for full time software guys and designers so the learning curve can be tough.

Pixelmator Pro and Google Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

More complete customization and available programs with a deeper set of tools.
Jordan
Jordan
  • Industry: Design

Wouldn't run my business without it

Reviewed on 18/3/2021

Ultimately I wouldn't be able to do all the things I do with my business without access to Adobe Cloud.

Pros

Creative Cloud makes it easy to download my most used Adobe software and ensure everything is up to date.

Cons

The biggest thing I don't like about Adobe Creative Cloud is the fact you are only renting your software. I used to be able to buy Adobe products as I needed them. Now I am forced to keep an ongoing subscription to maintain access to my software.

Inkscape and CorelDRAW

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe products offer a familiar platform that I enjoy using.
Torre
Torre

Industry standard with hard to beat features

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

We mostly use Lightroom, Photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat / AdobeSign to help us increase efficiencies with photo editing, saving for web, and sending contracts for signature.

Pros

I love that having Creative Cloud means I always have the most current version of Adobe products on my computers, also it's hard to beat in terms of feature set.

Cons

It's on the pricey side in my opinion given the great alternatives out there, but given that it's the standard, and not having it can be a detriment in certain projects, it's hard to justify switching.

Acorn and Dropbox Sign

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

The amount of products you get for the Creative Cloud membership makes it more affordable than paying for a bunch of separate services. Also, again, it's the industry standard for many products.
Leighton
Leighton
  • Industry: Entertainment

Double-edged sword

Reviewed on 2/6/2022

Pros

Creative Cloud makes it fast and easy to install any Adobe product from within a single app, including trials.

Cons

The Creative Cloud software is not without its quirks. For example, Creative Cloud ties into Adobe's TypeKit cloud-based font management. If a font installed to the system goes some time without being used, Creative Cloud will uninstall the font from the system, requiring the user to find and reactive that specific font. If you're a graphic designer and use dozens of fonts from TypeKit, this can become very tedious. Additionally, Adobe's products are only available through a Creative Cloud subscription. As Adobe is the industry standard in many lines of work, they more or less monopolize the space and can command almost any price. Subscription prices are especially prohibitive for hobbyists and students. You never own any of the software no matter how many times you pay the subscription.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

Being the industry standard means having to work with Adobe format files on a regular basis. While other products such as Affinity do have robust Adobe format import/export options, working with intricate Adobe format files on a daily basis and needing perfect 1:1 import/export meant that anything but perfect compatibility would be a headache.
Christopher

ADOBE: So you want to be a designer?

Reviewed on 7/8/2019

Adobe CC has been a huge part of my life and reason why I can make a living. If you are considering purchasing Adobe CC for your organization, there are plans for you and your team depending on your needs. As a graphic designer, I use up to four programs daily (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Dreamweaver) and that is only a fraction of the toolbox provided by Adobe CC!

Pros

Adobe Creative Cloud is the most extensive package for creatives. Whether you're a graphic designer, motion graphics artist, illustrator, or pixel pushers, Adobe CC has something for you. I've been using Adobe products for over 10 years now and Adobe CC is something I'm using everyday in my work.

Cons

Some of the newer programs do feel a little lacking. I do understand that Adobe is trying to branch out into several markets and part of the appeal of Adobe CC is that you can pay for one service or pay for all of them and have access to your programs in addition to any new industry standard software.

QuarkXPress and CorelDRAW

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe CC is a platform that includes everything I'm looking for in one place. It is robust and includes everything you need and more to succeed in the design world!
Tony
  • Industry: Building Materials

Creative Cloud increases access to everthing!

Reviewed on 7/1/2020

The Adobe Creative Cloud keeps everything I need in one easy to access storage location without needing to add to my own harddrive if I choose. This allows me more room for the things I need to store on my devices. I love the fact that I can open, edit and sign documents on my iPad and then move them to the cloud for easy access by myself or anyone with access. Truly great product.

Pros

The best feature of course is the ability to have all of my PDF's categorized and available on any device through the Creative Cloud. But it doesn't stop with PDF's. Jpeg's, (bitmaps of all kinds) Photoshop projects CAD drawings and more are all easily stored in the cloud. And access is seamless between all of my devices. Windows Lap top, Apple iPad and Android smart phone are all supported and work as if there was only one storage location... because there is only one! They are simply all accessible from every device. Love it!

Cons

Adobe Cloud can be and has been a bit finicky. But each time I have reported issues the support team is on them instantly and with in a few days if not the same day the issues have been solved.

Kevin
Kevin
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Still unmatched by any other software

Reviewed on 10/9/2018

We use Creative Cloud on almost a daily basis, most often using Illustrator for graphic design and InDesign for print publishing. We also use Premiere and AfterEffects for video and motion graphics editing. The ability to move files between different programs through Adobe Bridge is particularly effective when working with a wide variety of assets in different contexts.

The cloud-based nature of the software is essential for employees who work remotely, allowing them to sync programs and preferences across devices.

Pros

For the wide range of applications available through Creative Cloud, no other software comes close to matching the feature set available here. Creative Cloud is still the gold standard for graphic design, photo & video editing, motion graphic design, publishing design, and interoperability between them. The somewhat recent transition to cloud-based software improves the feature set and finally divorces Adobe from the long-standing issue of only being able to license one machine at a time.

Some users might complain about the transition to a monthly licensing fee over a flat one-time fee that was used for Creative Suite, but there are distinct advantages to the cloud-based model. The monthly fee is really quite reasonable for the sheer volume of software you have access to, and you automatically receive new versions and features at no additional cost, i.e. you never have to worry about upgrading or compatibility issues.

Cons

There certainly is a learning curve given the complexity of the software, and Adobe has never fully managed to iron out every single bug. Occasionally, users will run into strange issues of software not working as expected, but thankfully the online knowledge base and customer service available almost always provides a solution, even if it's not intuitive.

Emily
Emily
  • Industry: Printing

It's the Industry Standard for a reason, but for how long?

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Pros

I have loved the Adobe suite since I first started using it back when I started in design with CS2, made my first purchase of the CS5 design suite in high school and Lightroom while in university, and now the CC at work. It's always growing with the demands of the industry and creating new features that assist designers and expand the possibilities. It now has easy tutorials included for new features that are visual more them verbal and easy to understand. The programs all integrate seamlessly together and makes it a joy to work with the software all day.

Cons

There is one flaw in the Illustrator software that is very specific to what I do on a daily basis that most people don't, that I wish would get created. A quick button that would create cut lines and apply bleeds. I specifically am in the sign and vehicle graphics industry and have an old (1990's/Early2000's) software that with a click of a button can recognize what image area is selected, apply cut lines and create the bleed needed for safety when cutting (multicoloured too). I always have to import my graphics from AI to this software to efficiently do this process, but sometime the colours just don't convey well and I'm left to spend an hour or more getting it done in Illustrator.

I also wasn't a supporter of the creative cloud subscription. I use it every day at work, but as a student and start-up owner as they transitioned to the CC format, the costs of that bill every month was difficult to justify since I had just spent a large amount on the CS5 edition on a while earlier that I started to explore other software options. It is completely worth the regular investment if your business relies on it for hours a day because it already holds the title for industry standard, but if your looking for something for only occasional use, It may be worth shopping around first.

Craig
Craig

Adobe is the Gold Standard and Creative Cloud Only Makes Things better

Reviewed on 27/1/2019

As the title states, Adobe is the "gold standard" as far as I'm concerned. Portrait Pro offers nice features as does OnOne. But I have made Adobe the foundation of my image adjustment work in photography and cannot see that changing anytime soon.

Pros

The horror that haunted photographers decades ago was that someone would blow the processing of the negatives and an entire wedding shoot would be destroyed. Thankfully, that never happened to me. Now the stress is over those little SD cards. Lose or trash those and it's all over once again. Hence, my favorite camera body has two cards in it.

Then it gets to storage. Once the job is delivered to the client, most of our worries are over. But hard drives are not infallible. And all those adjustments you did in Lightroom and/or Photoshop would be lost with drive failure unless you paid a fortune to get some expert to recover them -- if possible.

Adobe CC solves that problem for a very reasonable cost. Your images with your adjustments are stored in the cloud and your whole photo studio can get blown away in a tornado, and you still have all your work. It doesn't get much better than that. Of course you can rent space elsewhere in the cloud, but I like simplicity, and having one vendor for all of this suits my style very well.

Needless to say, this review is written from the perspective of a photographer. No doubt the Creative Cloud will be just as useful to those using Illustrator to the degree I use Lightroom and Photoshop.

Cons

Adobe Lightroom is currently available in two versions. Creative Cloud and Classic. Classic is what we learned on and has more features than the CC version. So if you use the CC version exclusively, you'll miss out on some desirable features. That said you can switch things around and get the job done. Nevertheless, it would be nice if Adobe would evaluate the most used features in Classic and add them to CC. I love the fact that my work while using CC is being uploaded to the cloud in real time and would like to see more Classic features incorporated into the CC version of Lightroom.

Cherry
  • Industry: Photography

It's powerful, but it also sucks

Reviewed on 1/4/2019

I am still using Adobe's subscription, but just for photoshop because I found better alternatives for two of the main programmes in Creative Cloud.

For Lightroom, it is not the best in interpreting RAW files compared to Capture One.
For Premiere, it's very slow and old, Davinci is a much better choice, or FCPX.

Pros

I am a photographer and I do video for my vlogs.

Photoshop is an unparalleled photo editing tool. It takes time to learn and master, but it can transform any imagination.
I like how I can access some fonts.

Audition is amazing in editing audio, it's crazy.

Premiere is also a powerful video editing tool, professionals and amatures use it to edit their work.

Cons

Even if you subscribe to Adobe's service from their official site, you may not be purchasing and thus served by Adobe after all.
There is a monthly plan or annual, but regardless, you are on a year long contract, not just for the first year, it's every renewal.
Adobe, depends on which country you come from, has different resellers. Which means, if anything happens to your account, they simply say, "sorry, you buy it from our reseller, there is nothing we can do." That happened to me. They promised to refund two months of subscription to me on the phone, so I dropped my complain. But then they wrote to me and said they couldn't do anything for me that that's that. I told them I purchased from them, and it never tells me I am buying from someone else THROUGH THEIR SITE. And they said it's not their problem.

Then Premiere. Yes it can do so much, from professionals to amateurs but it is so slow in randering files.
If you use Mac, Final Cut Pro is a much better choice or you can choose Davinci Resolve which is actually free, and the paid version is icing on the cake. Final Cut Pro and Davinci Paid version are both only 299USD, life licence. While, one year of creative cloud is well beyond the one time purchase of those two other wonderful programmes.

Adobe Creative Cloud - The most robust suite of apps to enable your best creativity to...

Reviewed on 15/6/2019

Pros

Number one was the price. You get for "penies on the dollar" so many incredible apps for 1/100th of what they would cost to buy them all separately.,..and you pay monthly for this service so it makes it even more affordable than every other option available out there in the marketplace. The next most best thing I love is how this suite of apps includes every possible tool to do almost anything under the sun regarding creative work. I love the most that it automatically keeps all the apps updated without my involvement. Additionally, what I love most is their customer service department. I have had many situations where I needed their assistance and they provided me "token gestures" above and beyond the "call of duty" to appease me if I had any grievance about something. It is very rare to find a customer support team that treats their customers the way I have found Adobe treating me when in need of contacting them. To end this ...the absolute MOST best thing I Iove is how many different applications actually are included in this extremely robust suite that comes down from the cloud. It is mind boggling that the price is so low and you receive so many applications to use to pretty much cover anything under the sun that you would need to do.

Cons

What I like the least is the fact that each and every application is so robust and so complex, it would take a lifetime to just learn to be an expert using only one of them. To do the most simple tasks takes a lot of learning first and this is what i like the least - as you really need a course before you use their apps because it's so very difficult to figure out how to do anything from the simplest things to the most complex things...all of them require you knowing all the logistics of how to work with each and every app, and it's quite extremely time-consuming to "self teach" yourself on this matter. There is no "easy fix" to this other than to dive in deep and learn how to really work with each app on its own, and it's almost defined as "infinite" what you can do within each and every app Adobe provides with this Creative Cloud Suite. It truly is a never-ending learning process and you discover new things all the time - especially when they add new features when they provide updates to the apps automatically. They really need to have a built-in "guides for dummies" to help you do the basic things for each app- but they don't have that and I wish they did, and that sums up what I like the leat about Creative Cloud.

Tommy
  • Industry: Media Production

I love Adobe Creative Cloud!

Reviewed on 23/8/2019

My overall experience with Adobe Creative Cloud has been great! The applications and tools are top-notch and have been a part of my workflow with my creative work since the beginning. There are countless tutorials available​ online and Youtube to teach you anything you want to know, and Adobe support is always there and ready to help if​ needed.

Pros

Adobe Creative Cloud has given me all the tools I need as a creative to produce content at the highest level. Adobe is constantly updating their software, and asking for user feedback, which gives us users the best and optimal experience with the tools we are constantly using. Not only are Adobe products considered Industry-standard, but Adobe has created software and tools that are very easy to use, and if there are​ any problems Adobe support​ is always ready to help.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't much to say in terms of constructive feedback for this software. The only topics I've come across with this software is that it operates smoother and faster when working with Windows or PC rather than Mac and at times apps can crash. However, the speed/efficiency I've experienced as a Mac user is not something that's given me a problem even working with lots of various files including 8K RAW Red Files. In regards to applications crashing, Adobe does a great job about saving and recovering projects, and I've never experienced a situation where I completely lost my data or anything of that manner.

Ryan

Adobe opened so many doors when they released Creative Cloud.

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

Overall, I'll continue to use Adobe Creative Cloud. It does have its drawbacks and can be slow when performing certain actions, and it does lock up my computer from time to time, but the amount of value it provides for the small monthly subscription fee is absolutely insane. I've never seen something cost so little but provide so much value in all of my years in the technology industry. It's a must-have for any industry professional, whether creative, technical, or anyone else who has even a small need for Adobe's products.

Pros

- An easy to use application manager that allows you to find, download, and update your Adobe products within seconds (excluding download/install time) from your task bar
- All of Adobe's products at your fingertips, including many that most have never heard of or used (I personally just learned about Adobe XD from their application manager last week and it's extremely useful for prototyping layouts)
- Very affordable subscription. Instead of shelling out an insane amount of money per product, you can subscribe to Creative Cloud and have everything you need and more. Sure, at some point the money you've spent on the subscriptions could surpass just buying the products, but for startups it makes much more sense to go with the subscription option until you've really nailed down what products you need. Personally I've found it makes sense to continue using Creative Cloud even after I could have purchased the products I primarily use because of the additional benefits their subscription provides over purchasing the software outright such as access to their other products without any additional cost.
- Even without using Bridge, everything in your workflow is integrated so well that you can get things done extremely efficiently. This is more of a application-specific pro than a general Creative Cloud benefit, but most applications can be run side-by-side and you can move resources between them as fast as your computer will allow with a couple keypresses, which is amazing.

Cons

- The size of the applications I feel could be reduced, and if they're not using a peer based download platform (even if the "peers" are their own servers) it'd help if they did to save on download and update time, which for some applications, especially the video and animation products, takes forever.
- They really need to figure out what they're doing with Adobe Stock. It's bounced around from being free to having free options to having a free trial to having a set download limit and I've just given up going to Adobe Stock for anything and use other outlets for stock imagery and video. I understand promotions affect this, but what I've noticed is even for paid subscriptions it's been very inconsistent in their approach.
- The application manager could be categorized or laid out better, it's easy to click "Install" on a new application that looks promising but it'd be nice if they sorted everything by the type of output media it creates so that you're not accidentally downloading an outdated Flash product while looking for new animation tools. They've grown quite a bit from Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and Flash so filtering through the tons of tools they have now can be tough if they don't at least hint at what specific software is for.

Coree

I'm on Creative Cloud Nine!

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

I am a photographer and digital designer, so Photoshop is my most used program. I have been wanting to branch out to use Illustrator, and was initially comprehensive about learning the new program. However, with the available tutorials that Adobe makes readily available, my hesitations to learn Illustrator have disappeared. No matter what I need to learn, what task I need to tackle, there is a video to help me along the way. A company that puts that much into making sure their users are comfortable with using their software ranks high on my list any day!

Pros

I was absolutely hesitant moving from the regular suite upgrades to having to pay a monthly subscription for the Adobe programs I use as a photography and digital designer. I put it off as long as possible, because if it's not broke, don't fix it. At least, that WAS my mentality. After my initial few months of the cloud subscription, I was in complete awe. Instead of having to wait a year or eighteen months for upgrades to programs I used, whether it was the tiniest tweak, or adding a new feature all together, I got it immediately. I got it when Adobe was ready to put it out, instead of having to wait. What this means is that Adobe can continue to improve their programs to be more intuitive, include larger samples for selections, and be more specific when selecting, without you having to wait. When an update has been made, BOOM! It's available. And I absolutely LOVE this feature! Well worth switching from the annual upgrades to the monthly subscription platform.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about the Adobe Creative Cloud! Even if you have never used this software before, Adobe has a plethora of videos available to walk you through whatever aspect of design you are working on. From the most basic tasks, to the more time consuming tasks. They truly make it easy to maintain professional grade work with constantly up-to-date software.

Matt
Matt
  • Industry: Animation

This is definite a mixed bag that I have mixed feelings about, now more than ever.

Reviewed on 23/10/2020

Meh.

Meh.

Pros

I don't eve know where to start. Adobe was always what the "cool kid" artists were talking about. It was the "thing to do" .. For one, I do not like being bound to one brand and program language to make my entire creative dreams come to life. I prefer multiple mediums and programs. Adobe is too expensive, and since most people that buy Adobe are students or people trying to learn, it is selfish to charge such high monthly fees, even for mobile apps. Adobe, from what I believe, plants spyware on my device when I download Adobe Cloud. I have a lot of screen shots and documentation of the process that unfolds from the time I download the Creative Cloud. I see so many strange instances of Adobe running all of the time, including "CoreSync.exe" which I read could possible be a virus. Created by whom? Entering my system through Adobe with their consent but not mine? The software is good. But the Cloud thing has to go. Let us just buy in full so we can try to get a job making 1/1000th of what you guys make.

Cons

I did not like the violation of trust. I had multiple intrusions and crashes due to this cloud system and the malware it introduced to my system. To make matters worse, they even took over my project during a commission and were moving the mouse while I was trying to work. That was just blatant disrespect. Maybe it was a 3rd party hacker, but the coresync.exe and other strange instances make me suspect that Adobe is another player in the big "4th Amendment Implosion" project where they sell our lives for 30 cents. Here is an example. I literally just looked at my task manager and see over a dozen instances of Adobe Running. I am sure there will be an "explanation" but the writing is on the wall.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Amazing Software Suite! With a steep learning curve

Reviewed on 5/12/2020

Even with minor frustrations and a steep learning curve, I can't imagine using any other software for my freelance, photography, or fine art needs. The advances of this software over the last decade has been amazing and at top speed. There is no creative task I have not found a solution to.
As often as I have tried other software to save money, I always come back to Adobe. It's worth the cost!

Pros

The Adobe Creative Cloud suite of software is by far the most useful collection of tools if you are in almost any creative field. I have used this software for 4+ years now, and could not do my job or create my artwork without it. Every step of my creative process is covered by one of their programs. Whether I am sorting images in Lightroom, editing and creating work in Photoshop, or doing layout in Indesign, I'm covered. The software is at the lead with new techniques and now with creative cloud, you are always using the most up to date versions.

Cons

As much as I love and depend on this software on a daily basis, the years of intense study and use that it has taken to get to the level of ease I am at now has to be taken into account. Moving from Photoshop to learning a new program like InDesign basically means you need to relearn almost everything. I understand that the two programs are for two totally different industries, but these worlds do cross over.
There is also the fact that as much as I love having my software up-to-date, not having an option to buy the software out-right is frustrating. I tend to like to pay things off and not have a monthly (or yearly), recurring bill.
Lastly, I would say that the occurrence of software bugs with new updates seems to happen often. It sometimes feels like we are being tested on as we pay. And the immediate help needed with sudden, unexpected glitches in your work process is hard to come by. There are times I have had to reinstall an older version to keep working. I think we are in a time when the pace of producing new software versions is allowing the collateral damage to be releasing updates with bugs.

David
David

Creative Cloud is the continued evolution of Adobe, and is indespensible for creatives.

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Pros

I've been using Photoshop and Lightroom for 10+ years, and they get incrementally better with each iteration. I can't speak to the other parts of the cloud. It's a bit like asking a photographer, do you like using a camera. What I do is absolutely not possible without photoshop/lightroom/bridge CC.

My everyday workflow now is for a non-profit hospital setting, working with as few pictures as possible. So I actually open pictures straight from a CF card into camera raw, open in photoshop, make edits and save to my desktop which syncs to icloud. I'll later back up to external drives.

My wedding/portrait workflow is the exact opposite - I'll download from the CF card to an external drive, load into Lightroom, create a quick collection, batch edit the collection and export. Then I'll go through using Bridge and Photoshop to make detailed edits.

Cons

To not like Adobe CC would be akin to not liking your hand or foot. It's such a part of life it's impossible to imagine working without it.
That said, there are some tweaks specific to my workflow I would make. . .if I could use the previous setting from one picture to the next in camera raw, that would be great.
Photoshop itself has a huge learning curve, which I get around by using actions. It is a little bizarre that we have to buy actions and presets from third party sellers.
NIK (now owned by google) Color Effects Pro/silver effects pro is the only thing that I've touched that blows photoshop out of the water in terms of editing capability. But it is so tedious and cumbersome, I couldn't imagine using it as a stand-alone

• Industry: Graphic Design

Rely heavily on this suite of software - but feel held hostage

Reviewed on 30/4/2018

Well, the obvious: It enables me to do get my work done. I use the apps every day and use them all together.

Pros

I love that all the apps work together and I can work in a more streamlined fashion across Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, etc. I love that it includes all the apps and I can install or uninstall whichever I want or need at any time. There are additional features like the fonts access and marketplace. It's a great one-stop-shop for the designer who needs to use all these apps. Even if you use only a few, it's a great asset to have at your disposal.

Cons

The subscription packages aren't really optimal for the designer who only needs 3 of the 20 apps (or whatever they have). It's essentially like having to sign up for even the. minimal cable tv package when you watch only 4 of the 200 channels. I miss the days when you could buy what you needed and own it. The monthly fee leaves me in a very BAD position b/c I have so many PS, AI, & INDD files that would be useless without paying money. If I choose to cancel, I'm screwed. At least in the past, I owned my software and I wasn't forced to keep paying every month perpetually. So I am paying a LOT of money over the course of the handful of years that I have it vs. updating every couple of years to the next version. I see the benefit but it's actually way more expensive this way. The other thing that drives me crazy is that each update they do somehow comes with a change in the workflow that didn't need to be changed. Things are somehow either moved to a totally unknown different location or removed entirely. That is a huge pain for a veteran designer and I believe "if it's not broken, don't fix/change it" but Adobe seems to believe differently. Lastly, the apps crash very often, even on a workhorse computer with a lot of RAM and HD space.

Brandon
Brandon

Still some of the best software available

Reviewed on 31/7/2018

Adobe CC allows me to be affective at my work and provide a wide range of services.

Pros

Adobe CC has a solid offering of apps, my favorites being: XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, After Effects, and Acrobat.

There's been a flurry of new products enter the design scene over the past couple years. I made a serious attempt to find substitutes for most of the Adobe CC programs I use in order to reduce my monthly expenses. In the end, each program I tried was just slightly lacking in key functionality compared to Adobe's programs.

In particular, one of Adobe's newest programs, Adobe XD, has shown that they do understand how to create fast, intuitive programs. While it's taking a long time to add the functionality everyone wants, it's given me confidence in Adobe and what we can expect from them in the future.

Cons

With the amazing results Adobe has achieved in XD, it's disappointing to see zero change in how Illustrator operates. Illustrator is old, heavy, and buggy by comparison. Occasionally Illustrator will ask me to rate my experience and provide feedback. I've stopped providing feedback as the bugs I've reported have never been fixed. There are bugs from over four years ago which were going to be "high priority", after spending over an hour on the phone with support, that have yet to be addressed.

From what I can tell, Adobe is looking to the future (and doing a great job) but is regrettably leaving some of their older products to sit in the dust.

---

While the SaaS model is unpleasant in some respects, I'll admit that it's nice to always have the most up to date version of each app.

Their month by month pricing is considerably more expensive than their annual contract. This makes it difficult to justify using Adobe CC except by purchasing all the apps