Showing 9,130 reviews of 9,131

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Cloud-based PDF reader for viewing and editing PDF documents

4.6 /5 (9131 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.4
4.4
4.5
4.3
Showing 9,130 reviews of 9,131
Candace E.
Industry: Computer Software

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a great document editing tool!

Reviewed on 7/4/2018

The benefits of utilizing Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application include being able to operate across hardware such as Windows 10 or Mac Sierra. Other benefits include interfacing of other software applications such as Microsoft One Drive or DropBox. Additional benefits include being able to utilize Adobe Acrobat Reader DC conveniently with the Adobe Scan mobile application uploading files as well as transferring to electronic files. Moreover, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC benefits consist of creating standard PDF files. Overall, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a great tool that assist with the collaboration of data amongst colleagues.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC offers document management with various tools and options. With options to comment on documents, electronically sign a document, or organize pages, document management is made simple with a downloadable software application. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a windows application that allows users to add text to PDF file type documents. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a great tool to collaborate with colleagues creating manuals, booklets, or pamphlets. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC gives users the ability to add hyperlinks to documents and add various special characters to authorize documents for human resources personnel.

Cons

Limited options may vary depending on the type of subscription of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC registered user. Limited organizational tools are available depending on the subscription type of the end user. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC connects other accounts to access files. Combine files is not available with the basic account type. The action wizard nor send for comments is available with a standard subscription, which limits the options for editing documentation.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Khan md mohaiuminul islam S.
Industry: Civil Engineering

User friendly with large pdf file, easy to handle

Reviewed on 25/10/2020

I have been using several pdf readers for a couple of years, when it comes to open a large file I never have seen any other option then adobe acrobat reader. At first, it takes time to open, it’s not an ideal part for me, but when it runs I can not complain about its service. The interface of this software is user friendly, I can find every in my hand when I use it. In the past, when I work for too long, I forgot to save my works, sometimes software crashes. So my advice to save your work-time to time, unless you may lose some of your work.

Pros

Though it takes some time to start in the first place, it can open both large and small files at ease, I can easily operate it not like other pdf readers. Zoom feature is user-friendly and it’s too easy for me to operate. Text editing is another thing I often use to edit my documents. In large file, page rotation is taking very low time in acrobat reader, I mean I can do this in no time. Just like other pdf readers, I can use pdf exporting, margin, editing, organizing, etc with minimum effort.

Cons

Waiting-part! When I open a small or large file it takes too much time to open, they need to make it quick. When I work for too long sometimes it crushes also.

Industry: Law Practice

Best PDF program available

Reviewed on 10/10/2020

It has changed the way that I use and edit documents, share with employees, etc.

Pros

Adobe has integrated with all Microsoft products, and now allows easy editing, sharing, formatting, and sending by link.

Cons

It can sometimes be difficult to deal with a locked document, or convert a PDF to a Word document if it isn't clear.

Samridh S.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Best PDF Reader all around

Reviewed on 3/6/2019

Overall this is a wonderful product which has everything a daily basic user needs to read a pdf file. Thouhg there are other pdf readers out there, I would recommend this as a first option to anyone.

Pros

Acrobat reader is one of the most used pdf reader in the industry. Adobe is a great company and their product is of top tier. Best feature is that you can get the acrobat reader for free and start reading pdf documents at once. It is very easy to use and I can zoom in and out at ease without compromising the quality of the text and readability. Though we do not have the full version I can still highlight texts and comment on different sections of the document and share that with my colleagues. Acrobat reader. I have used the premium version a few times and that is jam packed with a lot more features. If one can spend money on license premium version gives access to editing the pdf, converting to pdf, merging and splitting the documents and so on. premium version also can take a pdf document that does not have a recognizable text and analyze and convert it to one. Not many people know about this feature but it super nice when one is dealing with scanned documents. Acrobat reader is also available on app platform and hence once can access documents on phone or tablet as well.

Cons

The biggest feature I do not like about acrobat on the free version is that I cannot re save the document on top of the old one and overwrite it. I always have to save it as a new filename and go back the delete the old copy. It is a small price to pay for the features but it does become annoying. Besides that in the premium version acrobat reader does not have the option to compress files so the size can be decreased. It becomes an issue when there are too many graphical images on the file and it becomes too big to email and share among peers.

Joaquin V.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Free, effective and in continuous improvement

Reviewed on 5/8/2018

A considerable saving of money, for a limited budget.
Do not worry about operating systems and compatibility.
Files are distributed and shared easily and quickly.
In the future, adopting a more complete workflow based on PDF will be easier and more convenient.

Pros

Acrobat Reader has always been a software that has aroused mixed feelings among users: performance, usabilitity and capabilities. Adobe knows this and, although not in a hurry, has been implementing improvements.

In the case of Reader DC, definitely, the main improvement has been the user interface, where a nice dark gray predominates that does not strain your eyes and allows you to focus your attention on the document (at least in the latest version for Windows 7).

The overall performance of the application has also improved (loading speed and opening documents), at least in the most common and simple tasks. However, it should not surprise anyone that in handling large documents or more complex tasks, this is not noticeable.

Total integration with the Adobe Cloud system, which will allow you to have your files wherever you are and to share them with third parties.

Despite the great improvements that other similar programs have had, if security and maximum compatibility with the PDF format are important to you, Reader DC should be your first choice. The handling of digital signatures is simple and robust and workflow of documents is almost a
standard already.

Cons

You can not edit documents in the free version.

Although the cost of subscriptions has become more accessible, the advanced options are still paid (it should not surprise anyone), but each day that passes is worth paying for them.

While it is true that they have advanced with the user interface, it seems that with the usability of it not so much. Many tasks are carried out in an unintuitive way, and with the inclusion of new functionalities this problem tends to grow.

Christian A.
Industry: International Trade & Development

Acrobat Reader DC - connecting people, ideas and projects

Reviewed on 9/9/2018

I work with an international team, sharing documents over the Internet on a daily basis, therefore Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat is a MUST for us. It is an easy to use tool everybody can understand and work with immediatley. I am also wroking with Adobe Acrobat for creating and editing documents, formulars, etc.

Pros

Acrobat Reader DC is a standard for sharing Documents with people all over the world. It is a free software everybody can download in the Internet to open PDF-Documents. It is the original and still for me the easiest way to share informations, contracts, illustrations, etc. with my team, with prospects and friends. It is easy to add comments and ideas in this documents and share it with people involved without any problems with program incompability. I love the Acrobat Reader App for my Mobile Phone and the possibility to scan documents and convert to PDF-Files with Adobe Scan.

Cons

It is very hard to find something that I do not like about this software. Especially with the possibility to get the Adobe Acrobat, with which you can create and edit PDF-Documents, for professional use with an Abo-Model, which makes it affordable not only for companies, but for individuals, where you can cancel the subscription monthly. What I wonder is why Adobe still do not have his own software like MS Word, Google Docs, etc.. I have still issues with creating writable formulars, because converting from MS Word to PDF is not hundred percent working. Anyway this critic is about Adobe Acrobat. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is amazing.

Matthew H.
Industry: Government Administration

Extremely Useful and Easy to Understand

Reviewed on 13/9/2018

We use this in a government setting in which transmission of both large and small volume documents of clarity and consistency are essential. It is a testament to the reliability of the product that over the course of several years since implementation of this product we have not had a single situation in which customer service was required to be contacted. I would recommend this product to any office which requires consistency and near perfect high definition images for storage and transmission.

Pros

Ease of use is a major factor for me and my staff. From the time the user clicks on the icon to the pulling up and management of images it is virtually a seamless and effortless task. Seldom is a software product this easy and reliable to use. In my work environment is has been and I expect it to be the industry standard as the level of user productivity achieved by the user raises the bar so high. I use it for may applications from document storage to transmission. I have never had a problem storing a quality image or with a recipient receiving a first rate image and being able to open and store or transfer it with ease.

Cons

It is difficult to find fault with this product. The only shortcoming, which may not be associated with the program itself is that certain traditional photocopy images may appear unduly dark in acrobat format necessitating a lighter than normal copy be made from a traditional photocopier, but this is only an incidental issue as overall quality and clarity of the images is exceptional and consistent.

Very good software

Reviewed on 18/7/2018

In my company we use this program a lot to protect the formats of our files, a lot of information is sent by mail, so it is an excellent option to send information without it being able to suffer some type of distortion (moving images, changing margins, if Excel documents allow a better presentation). When we issue a budget calculated with Excel we always issue the file in PDF and for that we use Adobe Reader

Pros

Adobe reader, is a powerful PDF software that allows you to view and print PDF documents, another advantage is that Adobe Reader is free of charge, its size is small and it is convenient and easy to download, it can be downloaded from the page from the manufacturer what gives you greater security and confidence. It allows you to make notes in PDF documents, you can download them in portable devices so you can work your documents from anywhere, it allows you to convert files in Excel, PowerPoint, Word in PDF formats and thus protect your files, another important function is to add digital signatures, which saves you time when issuing documents that require signatures. You can expand the functions of Adobe Reader for free with Acrobat ADK

Cons

Negative points, It does not allow to combine files in the basic package. It can be somewhat cumbersome to use for new users. Some basic functions are not available in the free version, but in general terms are more advantages offered by this software, a very useful tool to use in the office allows you to send files without losing their initial format, common problem that happens when you open files in other terminals, common example is when you have a file in a certain program and move it to another terminal or PC with a portable device you can be at risk of losing the format (margins, tables, page numbers) so save them in PDF you avoid this problem.

Keon M.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

It has streamlined documents, no more worries with content not being seen by a client

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

I think everyone can agree that Acrobat Reader DC is quite simple to use from the thumbnails that simplifies navigating through the document to adding a signature to the document. It has made my life easier in that with the cloud capability members of my group could now access a pool of documents pertaining to a project quickly. I particularly like the security features of Acrobat Reader DC which ensures that I can safely prevent a document from being edited once I am finished working on it.

Pros

Before I started using Adobe I would send all my documents including those with reports including graphs with Microsoft word. I use Microsoft Word 2013; the problem I had is that according to the client I sent it to they would not see the info as it would be distorted dependent on if they were using an earlier version of Microsoft Word. Acrobat Reader DC streamlined this process, so no matter which client I send a report to they would be able to open the document and see the content without any distortion. The plus side to this is it is actually cloud based now through adobe so group members can have access with permission to all the content I need them to have access to instead of me emailing it.

Cons

I love using Adobe Reader DC I just wish a bit more basic options like those available in the pro version could be available in the regular version but that's just me I'm a bit of a freebie. But this cloud version hands down is the best in terms of functionality.

John H.
Industry: Military
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Indispensable for Masters course

Reviewed on 15/4/2019

Acrobat Reader DC is the first recommended software on our course, on all platforms and OSs; all course notes are delivered as PDFs and it's the 1 indispensable app - couldn't complete my course without it.

Pros

This software has become absolutely indispensable throughout my current Masters programme.
Finding relevant information within a huge document, being able to write on top and add notes, highlighting specific areas with various colours and sizes of 'pen' all make Acrobat Reader DC the leader when working with PDFs. Sure, there are other PDF readers out there but Adobe continues to innovate and evolve its format and the ability to work with it. Being able to sync directly with Adobe Cloud is the latest 'must have' for working with documents no matter what platform or what location.

Cons

There is little that I don't like about this software. Occasionally, on Android tablets, I can't find certain functionality that I find on desktops but I suspect this is more about my having not properly learned the differences rather than them not being on that version.
I'm not a fan of the different levels of 'lock down' on PDFs - some give me full permissions to highlight, comment, add text, etc, while other documents are completely locked with no ability to do anything but read - I don't know how to identify what level of read/write access beforehand but, again, that might be more about me than the software.

Industry: Research

Best software for PDF documents

Reviewed on 10/4/2019

I have been routinely using this software for reading research articles and manuscripts. I use the text highlighting feature to mark the important segments of my manuscript.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat DC is the best software in the market that can extract the maximum utility out of PDF documents. The ability of the software to create, edit, merge and convert PDF documents is of great use. One of the novel features of this software, "Read Out Loud", is of great help when feeling bored of reading and want to engage in interactive reading. I routinely use this software for reading and editing manuscripts. The text highlighting and watermark/signature features of this software are quite useful for me as I deal with research articles. I gives me assurance that my document cannot be tampered with in any manner. The fact that this software is widely used across various areas of study is a testament of its popularity.

Cons

While the "Read Out Loud" feature is certainly unique and quite interesting, I would like to see a better voice control and modulation quality while reading the text as it would make listening and grasping information more appealing. Furthermore, I would like to see Adobe offer student discounts and promotions to buy the upgraded version as they are their largest audience.

Liam S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Step-brother to Pro

Reviewed on 29/4/2019

We've upgraded from Reader to Pro and never looked back. The team members who only have Reader installed frequently find them at an impasse with documents and come seeking my help with things like re-arranging and deleting pages. It's a snap if you have the right program, and an impossible ask if you don't.

Pros

Reader is the definite step-brother to Acrobat Pro. They may resemble each other on the surface, but Reader lacks the substance of Pro. More on that later. It gets the job done according to its title. It is a PDF reader. No more, no less. Unfortunately, once you've tasted the possibilities of PDF editing in Pro, Reader will no longer satisfy. That being said, it has a clean interface and allows you to open and view PDF's. If that's all you need, Reader will do the trick. But I suspect you'll be wanting more soon.

Cons

Pro lets me combine PDF documents, extract and delete pages, annotate, and even edit text and images when push comes to shove. Reader does not allow for any of that functionality. It's cheating, I guess, when you think about the fact that PDF's are supposed to preserve the original layout. Pro lets me hack in and make almost any changes that are needed. So in that respect, I guess Reader is the more traditional "purist" option when it comes to PDF documents. I just find it's not enough.

Jonah C.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Used both in a professional setting and as a student

Reviewed on 27/7/2018

An easy to use and versatile eReader that made it easy for me to read my textbooks across many different platforms including desktop, laptop, phone, and tablet.

I also like the ability to be able to highlight text and change the color theme, it made reading for an extended period much easier for myself, and my eyes felt much less trained overall thanks to this feature.

I found reading pdfs and ebooks to be tedious and ineffective compared to a physical text, but after experiencing a solid reader like this has changed my preference. I now prefer ebooks over physical texts, and feel like I take more effective notes as a student!

Pros

Very versatile and has a ton of features that make reading easier such as zoom and text settings. The UI is a simplistic and intuitive which makes working with the software quite useful as I am typically using multiple programs in additon to the reader program and need it to be easy to use.

I feel like it is an easy program to get into and hard to master, there are many useful features that will only come with experience using the program, but as a beginner you can do most anything you can think of.

Cons

I like to set a black background with neon green for reading text and I wish they had a feature where if the item on the text was a picture, dataset, or something similar that the color change would not affect the appearance either of those, just the text.

Pedro L.
Industry: Design
Company size: Self Employed

Shell Out The Cash For the important Experience

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 21/6/2020

i think we have all felt the frustration of looking to replicate or exchange text in a pdf and now not having the choice. i asked to get a license for this software program because i control a scholarship software through my paintings and wanted to effortlessly redact certain touchy facts from those programs, like social protection numbers, before sending directly to the review committees. this software program makes doing that a breeze! once i began the usage of it, i found out that i may want to make my work life simpler in many different approaches. i literally use this software as a minimum three times per week and am always locating new methods to make my lifestyles less complicated!

Pros

Acrobat Reader DC is an extraordinary peruser and supervisor for a wide range of archives. I've been utilizing this for a considerable length of time for training and business related business with little issue. Updates are very continuous, and it has enough highlights to let me do what I have to inside a brief period.

Cons

The cons are very broad. As a matter of first importance, the free and premium variants are totally different, and the master rendition is to some degree costly too. For perusing, there are free arrangements that are better, so it loses in that class. The product in some cases runs ineffectively also. The vast majority of the highlights are very constrained, and the instruments and choices are incredibly limited. Unintuitive UI with little to support the client. Not easy to use in the smallest and finds a way to complete things which makes it hard to alter archives in a brief period. Normal apparatuses are not put away in memory, and its additionally difficult to make most loved alternate routes for simple use. I don't believe it's conceivable to do by any means. Bunches of cleaning to do, even with the top notch form.

Patrick M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

The golden standard for PDF documents

Reviewed on 12/6/2019

This is a daily-use tool and has been for many years. To me, it is considered a staple that supplements PDF viewing, sharing and occasionally even signing.

Pros

Acrobat Reader is, to me, the golden standard for all things PDF-related. It just flat out works. I am also a big fan of the digital signing capabilities it offers, which are used regularly in both my personal life for things like Insurance, etc, and in my professional life for contracts, agreements and statements of work.

The interface and user experience is also very intuitive and simple. One of the things I love is that I tend to have a couple PDF's open at a time in different tabs, then I mistakingly click the close button. In plenty of tools, this would result in closing everything, potentially meaning you have to dig up a file you still needed open. Acrobat Reader will alert you and make sure you want to close all tabs, or you can opt to just close the open document. A very nice bit of polish on an already seamless tool.

Cons

The only complaint I can come up with is the cost. It is possible to get competing tools for free that will do most of the same things. However, you will definitely sacrifice some of the nice little perks that Adobe offers.

Mazyar m. H.
Industry: Law Practice

The Gold Standard

Reviewed on 10/1/2019

I realize that this review is entitled "Acrobat Reader DC" and my comments relate more to the full Acrobat DC (which is more than a reader). But the comments still mostly apply. The point is that I wouldn't want to be without a FULL copy of Acrobat DC. As a lawyer, especially, there is no substitute.

Pros

Easy to use. Flexible. Interactive. Secure. Enables electronic signing and verification. Makes "paperless" (or at least "paper less") practice a reality. Basically, Adobe invented the PDF, and Reader DC is the flagship product. I wouldn't be without DC - using "Adobe Reader" is too limiting. Having the full product is worth it - especially now that Adobe has adopted the subscription pricing model. There is really no excuse not to use it.

Cons

Defaults are stubborn (or I don't know how best to manage them). Even though the software does all I need it to do, it still takes too many steps to get it optimized. And I have to do this EVERY TIME. There must be an easier way to set up defaults so I am looking at the view I prefer and using the font I prefer, but there are so many options, tools, and toggles, that it is confusing. In short, the "con" of this software is its embarassment of riches when it comes to options. But that may not be a bad thing for everyone.

Tunc E.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

amazing pdf reader

Reviewed on 10/4/2019

I work at a state university in my country. And in all government agencies, Adobe Acrobat Reader is used to read files in pdf format. I've been using Adobe Acrobar Reader for 19 years.
And I got used to it. I don't want to use any other software either. I use this software even at home.
It is my greatest help to read and edit pdf files.
I've got used to all the features and know how to use it extremely effectively.
It contains extremely beautiful and creative tools.
Very successful in finding the words. You're making a change.
Saving documents is very successful.

Pros

It is my greatest help to read and edit pdf files.
I've got used to all the features and know how to use it extremely effectively.
It contains extremely beautiful and creative tools.
Very successful in finding the words. You're making a change.
Saving documents is very successful.

Cons

We are doing business in reading and creating pdf file.
We prepare e-books for our students and make online sales and distribution.
PDFs are converting to Word files.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Best Reader for Pdf Document

Reviewed on 8/4/2019

It is very useful to analysis the pdf we can not absent this tool in our 'IT' sector because we have most of the document which is on pdf format to need to red the document it very simple and impressive document.

Pros

Adobe reader is the one of the best document to read the pdf document. Now a days most of the people like official or students read all the type of document and book in our device where adobe reader is used to read all pdf documents. Its comments feature which can highlight, mark, annotation and select text and the watermarking very good and impressive. It can install in all device like phone pc laptop etc and not take too much space. In which advanced search system is very impressive we can search the page with specific text. it allows us to customize security settings such as prohibiting printing or editing and its also shows the pdf document generated by which software.

Cons

It is not fully free like when we want to convert the document pdf to other type like docx, rtf, xlsx or other format we need to purchase a licence. We can not edit the document also without purchase its licence.It is difficult to use for beginner when edit the pdf by using its tools.

Dobromir H.
Industry: Accounting
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Makes my work way easier

Reviewed on 27/4/2018

Pros

"Overall Quality" is great. A simple tool for personal and commercial/business use. I use it everyday and it never let me down. Acrobat Reader can handle large PDF files and I have never had performance issues.

"Ease of Use" is the category where Acrobat Reader shines. Acrobat Reader is very easy to handle. A user-friendly design which has a simple toolbar with the main save and navigation button/features. You can hide the unnecessary panes for more reading space.
The tools tab is awesome. You can navigate in the different tools,quickly select them and get details how to use them.

"Features & Functionality" are really good. I love that you can create editable PDF form. My customers can easily complete and sign such forms, without printing. There is build in PDF-DOCX converter that comes very useful. I love the Stamp and Sign tools.

"Value for Money" - Some of the features should come for free, however I think that it's a good value for your money.

Cons

Some of the basic features are not available in the free version.
You can't pay at once and get lifetime license as only montly subscription/license is available.

Augusto P.

Use and share your PDF files with the best app

Reviewed on 4/2/2018

For a person like me who use to read a lot of books an articles, this app has help to improve my knowledge, and easily learn about any topic I want, because PDF files are the most extended file types in the internet to share information between readers and professionals.

Pros

I am addicted to read books and scientific articles about enviroment, development and arts, and with Adobe Acrobat Reader I do not have any problems to download documents or buy books on the internte and just sit on my computer, tablet or smartphone and start reading what I most like. This a great app, because it is so simple to use, just open your files and you can underline, create figures to highlight and speciific topic and get an screenshot of any part of the document that generate an interest for you. You can also print a save the changes that you make in your documents in a very simple way.

Cons

The version that I have, Adobe Reader X has a little problem and that is that I cannot save the last point where I finish my read, so that means that I have to search manually where I stay in the book and continue my reading, I think that futures versions of the software can easily solve this problem.

Maria D.

It represents a good tool when creating non-modifiable files

Reviewed on 22/2/2018

The benefits it has given me is that it has allowed me to handle documents in a secure way, send lighter files. Configure files with special features such as adding signatures, stamps, combine or order once the file has been saved.

Pros

What I like most about this program is that it allows converting a document into a non-editable file at the time that we need to keep its properties, such as image texts or the formats of it. It is also very good since it allows certain tools to combine several files that are in that format, as well as to transform its format into another one that allows editing. As they have updated the versions, they have been adding tools to incorporate some elements if necessary, including comments, making measurements, entering texts. In many cases, saving a document, for example, that contains images in PDF format, allows you to maintain a good resolution but reduces the size of storage, facilitating the sending of e-mails, for example.

Cons

One of the disadvantages is that to be able to view this type of file, you must have the program installed, which would make it difficult to see if the user you want to send it to or if you need to open it on another computer and it is not installed, we risk not to be able to open it, since at the same time its discharge can become a bit slow. Sometimes the computer can hang up when trying to download a pdf file. Sometimes to be able to visualize a file of this type can generate problems if it is of another version.

Abinadi R.
Industry: Computer & Network Security
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Acrobat Reader DC the ultimate tool to create|Modify and read PDF and more

Reviewed on 10/3/2020

It is all you need if you need to work with PDF files if you have the Pro version you will have even more tools to create all you need

Pros

As a PM I need to use Acrobat all day to every day to create, edit, review, create forms and more using the tool. I can certainly confirm it is the benchmark for all PDF readers out there. All the resources are great and the ability to act like a add-on for other tools like MS office it's great.

Cons

There is a very small issue with the form creation wizard that fails to identify some fields however overall it simply works great

Maria R.
Industry: Fine Art
Company size: Self Employed

Read, Execute and Deliver Documents

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

Adobe Acrobat DC has been a great asset when sharing my interactive work with clients and prospective clients.

Pros

I have been using Acrobat Reader DC for many years and love how Adobe integrated productive features.
I particularly love how Acrobat DC allows me to read, edit, create, and sign documents. My favorite tool is the "rich media" feature that embeds videos into PDF documents. As an artist, it is imperative to share my work with clients and prospective clients easily and fast.

Also, with Acrobat Reader DC you can combine and create single or multiple PDF files. You can export files to Word and share documents for review. Signing and filing forms are easy. More importantly, the "protect" feature allows you to customize the level of security you want on your document so you can share them without the worry of identity or material theft.

Cons

If you work online, a lack of and/or slowing of internet connectivity makes it impossible to get your files. The best way to use Adobe Acrobat DC is to download the app onto your computer or phone.

Dr joy B.
Industry: Accounting

A Must-Have Business Tool

Reviewed on 2/5/2020

We use the software for client presentations, contract signings and in our everyday operations.

Pros

The integration with so many of other software systems and ease of use. You can do multiple things using this software so it's an essential tool that we use in our business operations.

Cons

The monthly service fee. I enjoyed using this software for many years when you only had to pay a 1x fee per software license so I now regret having to pay more using the monthly service fee for the same great service we've always enjoyed.

Jared m. W.
Industry: Higher Education

The essential PDF software

Reviewed on 9/5/2018

Great for juggling many pdf documents at once, plus lots of advanced editing features. The free version has most features available, but lucky for me my University has a licence for the advanced version so I get access to all of the extra goodies.

Pros

While most Web browsers have their own built in pdf viewers these days, Adobe Acrobat Reader has many more functions that are necessary for my work. As an academic researcher, I read tons of studies all of the time which I download from journals. Adobe is great because I can have multiple files open at once and easily switch through them with the tabs. Plus, I can highlight and add notes in the text (my favorite feature). Some helpful advanced features include being able to cut apart or add pdf documents together. I actually use this a lot for my own papers I write, and it saves me the trouble of having to convert them back and forth into Word documents.

Cons

I've heard Adobe has some security vulnerabilities, and it is possible that having the program installed on your computer can open you up to exploits. I'm not sure if these have been patched yet.