Articulate 360

Articulate 360 - Everything You Need for Course Development

4.7 /5 (364 reviews) Write a Review!

Rameez B.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A modern, clean and refined take on a publishing tool.

Reviewed on 12/6/2019

We switched from Captivate to Storyline and 360. I enjoy it alot more as it feels and looks more modern. The content they provide is above par and well worth it as it all comes together amazingly even when you switch them up. I would just like to see more timing options. Other than that I highly recommend this product.

Pros

My pros are:

1. Easy to understand and user friendly
2. Much smoother when playing back content
3. Allows for the addition of templates which can be downloaded at any time
4. Intergeates well with other software such as a LMS when using published files

Cons

I would like to see the option to allow more audio to be added. For example, if I have two images on the slide, I would like to be able to attach an audio file to either image and not just have one audio file. I would also like to see more timing options.

Low J.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Switched over from iSpring

Reviewed on 12/3/2021

Good, no issue. Community forum was helpful. Video tutorials are helpful.

Pros

Rise was very intuitive to use.

Neat interface.

The features allow the course to be interactive and engages with users.

Rise integrates with Storyline.

Cons

Rise can be a bit more customised (e.g. font type, layout, course structure, block format).

Quite costly.

James B.

Storyline is Good - Could be Better

Reviewed on 7/11/2019

Great tool for creating/editing e-learnings. Will need to take some courses to become proficient in it as it's not the easiest software to learn. Customer care is not always the best as they will point you to a blog of other IDs who are posing questions and relaying on other IDs to build that. Storyline support should be able to answer more questions than relying on their users to answer them.

Pros

Overall features are great for designing e-learning courses. Overall user friendly. Ability to publish in multiple ways including SCORM, PPT, etc. Streamlines the creation of elearning courses

Cons

While overall its easy to user, there are some features that are missing from Storyline and require you to build using java script. Thus in order to be a master of Storyline, you also have to be a master of java script. If the software can do something, it should be able to be built using the software, not going somewhere else.

Patrick H.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

My bread and butter Elearning package

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Overall, it's been great. Our whole training program now relies on Articulate. I could craft courses with Powepoint, and the embedded functionality of the LMS, or use another package but it would take longer and the end product wouldn't be as good. Their support is really good, and even though I've had issues from time to time, We've managed either a workaround or a fix fairly quickly.

Pros

It's very easy to use, almost intuitive. Basically, if you understand how to use powerpoint, you'll be very comfortable with this software. It has a lot of built-in functionality, as compared to Captivate. You can publish nice courses with little effort. Put some effort to learn it's advanced features, and you can craft stunning courses. I've used this since version 1, and Studio before that. It gets better and better.
They have a great, useful user forum, and attentive support.

Cons

I've had a couple instances where upgrades broke our lessons, the most recent being with Update 6. It was crashing the lessons if there was a quiz or survey. It was a SCORM issue. Our LMS toes the line, hard, on SCORM and the incompatibility caused me misery. I had to revert. Previous to that, upgrading courses from version 2 to version 3 caused the LMS to stop tracking and send warnings. The solution ended up being not to upgrade, but import the content in a new course. Not totally Articulate's fault, but rather a compatibility issue.

Tracy P.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

All you need to develop quality elearning experiences

Reviewed on 12/4/2017

Articulate 360 is an incredible collection of tools for the elearning developer and designer. Starting with Studio - users can quickly and easly create courses from materials already develop or start from scratch. Interactions are ready for you to import and use to get your course completed in a flash.

Storyline is more robust for developers. Anything I can dream I can usually design. From simple click-continue, to robust scenario branching. The option to include various types of trigger operations and variables leaves the possibilities to create engaging interactions endless.

The Content Library is there when I need it for gorgeous template designs. They are simple and clean, yet have some animations built in to catch the eye. I've used the templates available from design set and have mixed and match layouts as needed. Beyond that there are also a wide variety of characters, both photographic and illustrated, that can be included. I use less of these because of the nature of my work and that they don't really represent our staff look, but I have used a few. There is also thousands of images and icons that can be used. I accessed the icons more than images as these don't always meet my particular need as well in a health care setting.

The Review feature has been a wonderful addition to my tool set. Before I was having users email me or fill out a template to edit projects. Now I just upload it to Review, send it out and users can let me know slide-by-slide what needs correcting. Reviewers can also see each other's comments so the need to filter through repetative comments cuts my editing time as well. I do wish there was an annotation feature included, but perhaps in an upcoming version this will be included.

Replay I use quite often to screen capture and record. I love the option to edit the video as needed and add in titles where I need as well.

Rise is not an element I have yet been able to use within my LMS set up, but I have create a few test courses and seen some amazing projects within the community.

Really happy I went with Articulate 360.

Pros

Please see my overall review.
Ease of use and familiar interface.
Saves my progress
Review feature has been an amazing addition.
New trigger options add for so many more design interactions to be created.
Great addition to the number of characters and poses available.
Collection of templates ready for me to use and mix-match as needed has cut some development time.

Cons

See my overall review.
Characters' expressions are still a little too "over the top"
Characters and images don't necessarily match my work environment so I need to use sparingly.
Rise doesn't work well in my IE work environment, but I believe it is more an LMS issue than anything. Looking forward to finding a way to use it though.

Donna L.
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Hands down the best and easiest authoring tool

Reviewed on 3/6/2019

This is an expensive solution but overall, it's the best purchase we've made for Authoring

Pros

This is so much easier to use than anything else our team has tried. We can easily create a PowerPoint presentation and then convert it to and Articulate Storyline file. This means that a lot of the legwork is done before we even begin working in Articulate

Cons

Things start getting a little difficult when we are creating tests/quizzes in Articulate. There are a lot of options and we have to be extremely thorough and detail oriented when it comes to creating pre/post exams for the relevant courses.

Rob W.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Great software to create e-learning modules

Reviewed on 2/10/2020

Great software to create e-learning but to bad about some limitations.

Pros

I use this software to create e-learning modules for my students. I like the ease of use and the simple way things work. It is possible to create very complex modules and a beginner or someone not making a living from it; it can be used. Of course, you need other software/services to distribute the modules. The modules contain tests, audio, video, written text, and interactivity. I like the fact that it is offline because I can use it anywhere (often I do not have fast internet when traveling). Also, paying for the perpetual software in one go is a relief because paying a monthly fee is eventually much more expensive.

Cons

The inability to batch convert projects is a real bummer. You have to open each project file one by one and convert it. I do not understand why this has not been implemented yet. Another thing I do not like is the restrictions regarding tests. Tests can only contain 400 questions. It does seem enough, but in our school, we often have larger batches of questions of which randomly are selected a number of questions. The final problem is that support is generally not very helpful, and you need to figure out a lot by yourself. That is based on two experiences; however, both were quite bad.

Michaela P.

Articulate for eLearning

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

I use Storyline to design eLearning and also review eLearning courses that others create. I've seen really cool eLearning modules that were created in Storyline, you'd be surprised how powerful this tool really is!

Pros

I love that you don't have to be an engineer and you can create beutiful eLearning modules using Articulate Storyline. It looks similar to Microsoft products which makes it easier for newbies to learn.

Cons

It's super buggy. I'm not sure if it's the developers or what's going on, but when I do QA review for Articulate courses, it takes hours and hours to deal with all the bugs. It drives everyone crazy. But we still won't switch, we love Articulate. Go figure.

Ralf B.

Articulate 360 offers a lot of potential

Reviewed on 14/2/2017

I have been using Articulate products for more than 10 years now and I really appreciate the way they have made Storyline und Studio. Articulate 360 is a suite which consists of Storyline, Studio, screencasting tools, several small applications and the complete new Articulate Rise which allows to create elearning in a responsive design mode. Additionally Articulate 360 offers a huge content library with a lot of stock images.

Storyline and Studio'13 were already strong products but with the improvements like chosing if receiving an html5 and/or flash output, trigger actions when an objct enters the slide and of course the dial interaction are really helpful.

In my opinion Articulate 360 is the most powerful and ease to use e-learning suite to create interactive and attractive content that is available on the market.

Pros

I like most the dial interaction in Storyline 360. It is a very nice new feature to enrich interactive e-learning modules

Cons

No possibility of publishing in mp4

• Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

An all-encompassing learning creation platform!

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

The best e-learning development platform on the market, and I've used Captivate and Lectora.

Pros

Articulate 360's suite of learning authoring tools are best-in-class and allow for the creation of truly impactful learning programs. Storyline 360, included in the suite, is the industry-standard for creating e-learning and the program is created in such a way that one is only limited by their imagination.

Cons

I am not a fan of the subscription model for software. Sometimes, I may go months without a paid gig as a freelancer, but in order to stay up to date, I need to opt for this rather expensive software.

John H.

I have used Storyline for around four years now and have been very pleased with it.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017

It was incredibly easy to start using and has a large support system to help you as you progress.

Pros

I love the ease and layout of Articulate, as anyone who has used powerpoint can easily adapt to the overall screen layout.

Articulate can be as basic or as complex as you want to make it and so is a great opening tool for anyone looking to start in E-Learning development.

The forums and customer support have been the big difference compared to Captivate.

Cons

The fact that there are numerous versions of Storyline at the moment does make it a bit puzzling for anyone who is new to the industry.

Yves S.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Great generalist product

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

I have used it for years for all of my clients and it still covers most, if not all of their needs. Use it in cunjunction with a good understanding of javascript, xapi and css and you have an amazing little tool.

Pros

Storyline is the easiest to use yet most complete e-learning software that I use and recommend to my clients. It is very straightforward and most functionnalities that you would need in an e-learning modules are there.

Cons

The cost is pretty steep for the desktop version. So for companies that aren't cloud friendly yet, you have to buy, manage and attribute licenses.

Gio J.

The Easiest way to create a learning on-line

Reviewed on 2/12/2016

Articulate's 360 brings together the best on-line tools for creating crisp, clean and gorgeous learning products, from presentations to train people live to an elearning website to send your students after (or before) your live course. Imagine having tools for simplifying the creative process for developing a learning experience. Then think about how those tools could be useful for making that learning experience interactive and fun. But what if you didn't know much about creating online or live training? What if you found a place that backed up their products with tons of examples and an awesome forum where passionate people come together to create extraordinary experiences. Articulate 360 is that very place with tools for presentations, eLearning, learning web pages, video, and screen captures. I've found that having everything that 360 has to offer makes my job easier. I can quickly create a presentation using Articulate's content library for artwork and characters. If I want, I can take that presentation and convert it into a full-blown elearning with Storyline. Overall, I can't find a better online collection of tools for the sole purpose of creating learning experiences.

Pros

Ease of use and accessibility from any place. No need to have installed software when you can find all of the tools you need for learning development in one place. Updates happen here first.

Cons

Speed depends on web traffic no ownership of software.

Kyle T.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Pricey, but worth it.

Reviewed on 8/1/2019

We moved over to the 360 version of Storyline due to the desired awesome features that just weren't there if you don't subscribe. Previously, we'd used Storyline 2.

All in all, it's a great group of softwares. Yeah, it's not cheap. Yeah, you'll need to invest time into learning it all. Thing is, you can create interactive training super quickly using Rise and you can take that training to the next level by learning some Storyline stuff. Co-workers can check out your stuff and review your work using Review.

End story...if you're creating interactive training and all that, it's hard to deny the value of these products.

Pros

- Lots of items for the subscription charge
- Rise and Preview are great!
- Updates frequent and substantial

Cons

- It's pricey and it's a dang subscription
- Learning curve on Storyline is kinda steep

Jeff K.

Articulate 360, one to rule them all!

Reviewed on 29/11/2016

Articulate 360 is Articulate's new subscription based e-learning suite that contains all Articulate products in one simple, elegant package. Using 360 will speed up your workflow significantly as you'll be able to pick any of the award winning Articulate tools we already know: Studio, Replay and Storyline, as well as the new kids of the block Rise, the brand new fully responsive authoring tool, Peek the super quick desktop screen recording app and Preso, the native iPad app that allows you to create informal training videos on the fly. Combine that with the brand new Articulate Review and 360 platform where you can upload and share your courses with your clients and collect comments in the easiest way possible. Last but not least Studio 360 and Storyline 360 connect to the amazing Content library that is full of amazing templates and characters.
One of the key elements that stands out is the amazing HTML5 output that has been rebuilt from the ground up. This means that you'll have the best possible HTML5 output possible. With so many awesome e-learning development tools you'll truly be a one-stop-shop for e-learning development!

Pros

The combination of tools, the HTML5 output and the integration with products like Review and Content library

Cons

Payment plans are on annual basis, not monthly and it would be nice to be able to select which tools you would want in the suite.

Best tool for developing any courses and simulations

Reviewed on 16/3/2019

Best experience ever had on this tool as other tool doesn’t have the ease of development and less time taker.

Pros

The best part of this product is ease of developing any course its UI like Powerpoint and functional triggers are If else statments and can add external code like JavaScripts also. Overall very satisfied with this product.

Cons

Its work on html very well but hyml5 has some limitations for some animations like wipe and split. The browser get updated every time and tool need to update accordingly.

Nick S.
  • Industry: Machinery

Fresh approach to eLearning development

Reviewed on 23/7/2019

It's been a great tool for us as we migrate our training content from Flash based tools into something responsive and user friendly. We like that we can create the Rise courses simply and quickly, but can provide more advanced interactivity with StoryLine if needed.

Pros

Articulate Rise and Review 360 are my favorite tools in the 360 suite. Rise is super simple to develop in and provides a bit of variety for learning development, when compared to most other development tools.

Cons

It can be pretty limiting as far as customization. They clearly focused on simplicity of development, which is great, but it causes the options for image / text / media placement and customization to be very limited.

Dwayne W.

Best eLearning tool on the market

Reviewed on 29/8/2018

Pros

The learning curve with Storyline is much shorter than with the the offering of other major authoring tools. So you get high quality output in a fraction of the time, because it has a look and feel that is quite familiar to the average computer user.

Cons

There are limits to the functionality of hot spot quizzes. You are unable to functionally create multiple hotspots.

Joshua R.

Best on the Market

Reviewed on 6/6/2019

Pros

If you are looking to create an E-Learning course, Articulate is for you. So easy to setup and get going right away and with customization for any need you may have.

Cons

When a problem does come up as they do with all software, Customer service doesn't have the fastest response time. But they do get back to you and eventually help with issues.

Makes e-learning development easy

Reviewed on 12/7/2018

Pros

I really like this software. It's made developing e-learning (especially HTML5) very easy. The user interface is very intuitive, especially if you're familiar with PowerPoint or other Office products. The functionality has improved with each release (the inclusion of motion paths was huge!) The E-Learning Heros online community is a great place to get help and ideas from Articulate staff and power users.

Cons

The product does have a tendency to crash from time to time, but if you save frequently, that isn't an issue. I think some work could be done to make the creation of animations a bit easier, but by and large there are not a lot of downsides to this program.

Chintale W.

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 6/7/2020

GREAT!! I have a new love for eLearning as a new developer.

Pros

There are several benefits to using Articulate 360! First, I love how you can find answers to your inquiries through the application or YouTube. The teaching videos are amazing! The Content Library helps create very clean and professional content...with limited experience! I find this product a lot easier to navigate than Adobe Captivate. Also, the Rapid eLearning Blog is pretty cool because you learn from other developers and they provide challenges so you can develop your skills.

Cons

When you go to the eLearning community page, its a little overwhelming when you are a newbie and sometimes your search terms don't yield the response you are seeking. Have to learn the language to really take advantage of what the resources offer.

Storyline is the elite of the elite for rapid eLearning development

Reviewed on 18/1/2018

Pros

I use this product on a daily basis. It is easy to use, fun, and very helpful in creating rapid eLearning and other learning objects.

Cons

This software does have bugs from time to time. The online forums are helpful from the user side but often the Articulate support is sub par until a bug release occurs.

Yannick W.

Interactive Powerpoint and More

Reviewed on 13/9/2020

This is still one of the leading online learning authoring tools out there.

Pros

The trigger system makes creating interactive content very flexible and powerful. Anything is possible if you put in the work to set things up.

Cons

Some basic features you would expect to have just doesn't exist, and new feature implementation is so to say the least

Rebecca M.
  • Industry: Human Resources

This tool is easy to learn and makes learning fun for the user.

Reviewed on 6/6/2018

A rich, interactive learning experience for my users!

Pros

The content library has characters, graphics, and templates. The templates are beautiful, professional, and fantastic. Anyone can look instantly like a pro at authoring interactive content.

Cons

The software itself can be a heavy load on the system; saving can take a while, and when users play an asset created by Sotryline, if they have an old computer, it can be a heavy load. We have had issues with people unable to complete the 'drag'n'drop' interactions due to computer resource issues.

Debbie D.

The only course creation software to use

Reviewed on 17/7/2019

Pros

We use Articulate Storyline and Articulate Rise for all our course creation. Rise has become our tool of choice. With its ability to look good on every device, and it's simple user interface, it makes course creation a breeze.

Cons

When I look at the questions/answers in the Articulate software, I see too many responses that are over a year (or two) old that say "excellent suggestion, we'll pass it on to our programmers" and then nothing that says "great news, we've implemented this."