Daniel F.

I can do the same on Square for FREE

Reviewed on 10/6/2017

Pros

Integrates with my Shopify Store (Something Square Cant), great for inventory across online offline, integrates with Epson printers.

Cons

PRICE, Shopify POS is expensive and does not require the price tag when compared to the competition. IT has an app store but those apps addon more price to the monthly fees. Also, the Shopify POS's payment terminal doesn't support TAP which is pretty bad. Switched to Square and never going back.

Tom O.

Open a store or a booth at a trade show, no problem!

Reviewed on 14/3/2018

I could say about the software is that it needs an internet connection to function. That can be a problem if you're working a booth at an exhibition or show where the wifi or cell service is spotty. Granted, there has to be some way to transmit credit card information to get it approved, but it still is a trouble that the shop keeper has to manage.

Pros

Shopify's POS app is stupid simple to use. It takes payments on the fly and seamlessly integrates with the online store. It sets up in seconds and works on a moment's notice. Using it for day-to-day business or trade shows, the POS software is extremely nimble fits your every selling need.

Jonathan K.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Needs some work to become a full featured POS system

Reviewed on 21/10/2018

Pros

Relatively easy to set up with recommended hardware for not a ton of money. Runs off an iPad and supports multiple users and cash management. Isn't like a lot of the antiquated POS systems out there

Cons

Checkout flow can be slow which is difficult when there is a long line. Wish it were better at handling exchanges and returns. Would require us to go to the web version of Shopify to get full access to order controls.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Quick, easy, professional ecommerce presence

Reviewed on 2/3/2019

Pros

I work everyday in Shopify and it makes the checkout process for our customers easy peazy. Less pain points and a fast, digestiable checkout process for all. Whether it be creating products, collections, modifying our blogs or more, it makes our lives easier to have a fantastic software to work with.

Cons

I wish we could schedule the rotating banner. This would make life so much easier than having to create and publish the night before or minutes before our launches. Also, make the box in the PAGES expandable rather than the fixed size.

Best Way to Become an Online Seller

Reviewed on 20/9/2019

We have been selling our products online and making a good revenue thanks to Shopify for a smooth way of creating your online store.

Pros

Now selling your product on the E-commerce site has just got better with Shopify, I can upload my products and make it available to buyers with the help of this software.

Cons

I think this software is great you just need to make sure you keep upgrading it on time as and when they have a new update.

Laurie G.

Perfect for a Single-Till Business

Reviewed on 4/2/2019

We needed a Point of Sale system that tied in with our web-store, Shopify was perfect for both. The PoS app makes it easy to handle sales out on the shop floor too.

Pros

The ease of finding products within the graphic front-end, including the product images to make identifying niche products easier for staff within great industry knowledge.

Cons

The product set-up can be quite timely without a built in bulk-image management platform.

Mark B.

Perfect for vendors

Reviewed on 5/12/2018

Pros

This is a very simple easy to use integration. The free card reader and chip reader is a huge plus!

Cons

There is actually nothing we do not like about this product! Does exactly what we need it to do!

Iana L.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Amazing platform to buy and sell things

Reviewed on 12/7/2020

My overall experience with Shopify POS is a good one

Pros

I love this software because it's a great way to sell staff you have and make this process easy and smooth due to this platform.

Cons

I'd prefer more affordable price and a better layout that's user friendly and time saving, other than that there is nothing I would change.

Tracey B.

Great for shows

Reviewed on 17/9/2018

Shopify POS has been a game changer for selling products on the go. Love it!

Pros

This app is perfect for having a booth at a show so that you can sell the inventory you have or even take orders and it all goes through your Shopify store that way your sales are still tracked there.

Cons

I’ve been so pleased with this app that it’s difficult to think of a con.

Shannon B.

Perfect for vendors

Reviewed on 15/12/2018

Pros

We use this service to link to our shopify store at craft shows and vendor events. We have NEVER had an issue with the product! Plus, they give you a FREE chip reader with the shopify subscription. SO MUCH BETTER THAN PAYPAL!

Cons

NOTHING! Product is PERFECT just as it is. I cannot find anything negative to say

Paul B.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Seamless way to integrate pop up store with website

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Pros

This has allowed me to sell my inventory offline, you can even take payments.

Cons

The android app seemed to use my phone battery quite quickly.

Randy L.
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Good but confusing

Reviewed on 27/5/2020

I used this program to try e commerce. It was very simple to navigate

Pros

I like how you can use this program to help you sell your online products. It should be simple, however because I was not able to sell my product, I could not unlock it's full potential

Cons

The program itself does not have any bad features. I was just not able to sell my products. Monitoring my products were simple thanks to this app.

Lincey V.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great to charge credit cards at shows and fairs

Reviewed on 2/1/2019

I much prefer Shopify POS than Paypal here, Stripe and Etsy reader (I tried them all).

Pros

Easy to use, non-laggy software to process credit card payments in person. The whole catalog from my Shopify store is connected and each product can be easily added to the bill. I often use the 'Quick sale' option for fast checkouts on which we simply enter the amount to charge. Shopify sent a free credit card reader that can read chips. The charge on the reader lasts for well over a day, which is perfect when you don't have access to power.

Cons

Sometimes (rarely) my phone and the reader won't detect each other and I have to enter the credit card number manually, which isn't ideal.

Stephanie M.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Shopify POS is easy to use and great for places with distinct items

Reviewed on 26/6/2018

Pros

When using it to process payments, it's intuitive to use. Simply use the search bar to search product name or SKU and relevant products with photos comes up. It's best used for products with few variants or with detailed variants. In our cafe, it allows baristas to show all customizations of drinks right on the receipt which increases efficiency in our store. We can also adjust what tax applies on each order or product in the order, and can create discounts on the spot.

Also, it offers a 'quick sale' function which allows the staff member to add a product without going to the back end of the system. Additionally, customers can be added to the order meaning that our stored customer information can be added once the customer is ready for checkout. This is particularly useful when some customers have credits on their accounts, or have tax-free status.

Cons

While searching, even if the whole SKU is put in, Shopify POS (in its tile view) will only show the product, not the variant within it. Also, it doesn't show the SKU unless you press and hold the product image. This can be time-consuming and can sometimes lead to staff accidentally selecting the wrong product, despite knowing the exact SKU of the product they were looking for.

Also, if our wifi ever disconnects in the store, the POS on the ipads is rendered useless. There should be some way of temporarily logging orders placed while offline then uploading them to the system. And since the latest update, it takes about 4 steps to let a customer pay once the order has been input if they are paying with debit/credit since we use external terminals.

Shopify is by far the best shopping cart I've every used, and the POS is no exception.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017

It's constantly saving us money. With Shopify POS we don't have to spend anything extra for the POS support that connects into our existing shopping cart.

Pros

VALUE. Shopify allowed us to have a free developer account to test and work through our hesitations before paying a penny for the cart. The POS system comes with the cart for free, it works flawlessly on any apple device, I haven't tried the android offering, but I'm sure it's great as well. The account comes with multiple logins for managing employees with specified permissions for keeping eyes and fingers out of places they shouldn't be. And to top it all off it has a fantastic API connection that allows us to connect it to our Fishbowl Inventory Management system, which brings in the orders from both cart and POS and sorts the inventory out, handles the shipping with shipstation, posts back tracking and fulfills the orders in shopify and all the while capturing all the financial data in QB. I could seriously fire multiple employees for all the time and work this automation is doing for me.

Cons

If I had to complain it would be that there are some things you can't customize that you might be able to with one of the self hosted carts such as magento, woocommerce, or even magento 2.

Scotty H.

Shopify's POS Software makes our in-person events happen

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

My overall experience with the POS software has been extremely positive. I have only had issues when I've brought the POS Hardware into the equation with faulty and unreliable bluetooth pairing.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the ability to use it in a few different ways. During an event, I can use the search feature to add the actual product to the shopping cart for better inventory keeping, or I can do a "quick sale" and just enter the total amount for custom orders. I really like the flexibility there.

Cons

The pairing of the software and the hardware (credit card reader, in this case) is spotty at best. There are a lot of times that we have to manually enter CC information because we can't get the bluetooth pairing to work correctly. Would love a physical "docking" ability as a failsafe.

Lidia C.

Great Option for Our Business

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

Pros

Shopify POS is our main POS system for a large retail space. Easy to use and train all staff. Easy to integrate with other systems.

Cons

The Shopify shop is a bit too templated as well as the products. Need quite a few extensions to modify and customize products.

Jessi O.

Satisfied

Reviewed on 21/2/2019

Pros

It makes it very easy for us to keep our inventory up to date while we are at events, and makes checking customers out very smooth.

Cons

We seem to have issues with our Shopify card reader when we’re at events. It will quit working and then we have to manually enter card numbers, which takes longer and charges a higher fee.

Pamela A.

Excellent E-Commerce Program

Reviewed on 18/7/2017

Pros

We love everything about Shopify. It's easy to use. Allows us to check out customers at our retail store or out at an event when we use our iPad Mini.

Cons

We had not had any real problems with Shopify. Occasionally when an update was done we had to change a couple settings.

James L.

Makes selling items at events super easy!

Reviewed on 26/9/2019

Over all it really makes selling items at events really easy and quick!

Pros

I like how each product is laid out in a tile with the image on the front. It makes it very easy to identify the product and add it to the cart.

Cons

It would be great if we could customize products with in the the app. It and adjust the taxes being charged.

Joe B.

Great for Most People, But Could Use More Work to be World-Class

Reviewed on 25/1/2018

Pros

Ability to take orders on iPad or phone at conventions and other physical brick-and-mortar locations. Of course, being able to tie into our online store directly is a great plus, as well.

Cons

No "offline" orders, so it always requires some sort of Internet connection, so you need to either be near a wifi hotspot, or have a cellular connection. And, of course, if your connection has drops and other issues, orders may not sync correctly with your Shopify store.

Also, GUI could use some work in terms of flow and process.

Additionally, the ability to use the phone or iPad camera as barcode scanner would be of great benefit, instead of having to purchase another peripheral to worry about.

Alexa R.
  • Industry: Textiles
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Used for Good Morning America

Reviewed on 19/8/2019

many users on the site at once and not having to worry about the website crashing

Pros

Easy to navigate in the backend; can handle many users on the website at once; great customer service to reach out to

Cons

had to add on an exporter to download orders in a certain fashion - this created errors for our internal team

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great point of connection from the office to the retail store

Reviewed on 25/10/2018

Pros

Shopify POS simplifies the Shopify app for the sake of in-person transactions in a smooth and aesthetically pleasing way. Easy to use for our sales associates and reads well to customers.

Cons

Lacks some of the features (editing and exchanges) that would be useful in-store.

Megan J.

Easy to use interface and makes the workday day go by easily

Reviewed on 17/7/2018

Makes having multiple storefront locations easy by having a uniform look and experience

Pros

I like how easy to use this software is, you could genuinely dive right in and have few questions about how the app works. It makes having multiple store locations easy.

Cons

That everything is connected through Bluetooth... if one thing goes down, my whole system goes down and can take a few minutes to get back running which causes clients to be upset.

Nicholas S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Generally pretty good

Reviewed on 15/12/2016

There are a lot of great things to say about Shopify POS, and just a few negatives. It's generally pretty easy to setup and get up and running. It's pretty straightforward to use and is easy enough for a newbie to sell from. Some advanced selling can't be configured is my only hangup.