Shopify POS Reviews

Shopify POS

Write a Review!
POS for unifying in-store & online sales

4.4/5

Almir
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Must have POS Software

Reviewed on 18/6/2023

Although there are some minor imperfections, I continue to utilize Shopify POS because it remains the most user-friendly point-of-sale solution for my business. Moreover, I find the pricing to be reasonable.

Pros

Setting up and utilizing Shopify POS proved to be a fast and effortless process. Since I had already established my online store using Shopify, all I had to do was install Shopify POS on my iPhone, and I was ready to begin selling. The seamless integration between my store and the POS system for managing products, customers, and orders made the entire management process highly efficient.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any significant criticisms about Shopify. If I were to mention a minor drawback, it would be that not all features are included by default, and additional apps are required for certain functionalities unless you opt for Shopify Pro.

Heather
  • Industry: Food Production

Shopify POS in a food business

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Shopify POS is a vital part of our business. We have now built 3 websites using Shopify and integrated POS with them all. Our operation is now far more streamlined through different methods of sale and we can target different customer groups a lot easier.

Pros

How easy it is to manage inventory and how well it works with my online store.

Cons

The cost is a little more expensive than what’s out there so I wish electronic payments were a little cheaper

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Shopify POS

Shopify POS had the ability to work with our online store a lot easier than Square. Customer service from Shopify POS was of a greater standard.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

A Solid Option for Small Businesses, But Not Without Its Drawbacks

Reviewed on 29/5/2023

I have a love-hate relationship with Shopify POS. On the one hand, it integrates seamlessly with Shopify E-commerce, which makes life much easier. On the other hand, it is not very useful as a standalone POS system. If you are not using Shopify E-commerce, I would recommend staying away from Shopify POS, as you will likely be disappointed with the lack of basic features. Additionally, customer support is difficult to reach and unhelpful.

Pros

Shopify POS has a user-friendly interface that is easy to learn and use, even for new business owners. It integrates seamlessly with Shopify e-commerce, making it easy to manage both your online and in-store sales.

Cons

Shopify POS is sluggish, slow on older devices, and incompatible with non-Shopify hardware. The Order Printer app is broken even on the native iOS platform. There is no credit card payment gateway integration for merchants in the Middle East, and no inventory reporting.

Wix and Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Shopify POS

Because of having an e-commerce website on Shopify.
  • Industry: Insurance

Shopify POS - Far from a POS

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Very easy to use and effective. Orders, sales, payments, it all works great.

Very easy to use and effective. Orders, sales, payments, it all works great.

Pros

This is such an easy software to use on iphone and ipad. We have never had an issue with this app or the devices that connect to it. Very user friendly. My father even has no trouble.

Cons

It hasn't failed us yet so I don't have much to complain about. I like all of the Shopify products.

PayPal and Square Payments

Reasons for Choosing Shopify POS

Because it worked seamlessly with our site and all of our business. Paypal was lacking in that respect. also has lower fees.

Reasons for Switching to Shopify POS

Just everything about it was better for us and the seamless connection to our QuickBooks and online store.
Adam
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great pos for Shopify users

Reviewed on 8/10/2023

It does what we needed it to do.

It does what we needed it to do.

Pros

East to set up, integrates with full Shopify inventory, and low downtime. Hardware is good. Staff is able to use with little training.

Cons

I don’t have anything negative to say really.

Calleigh
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Shopify Happy User !

Reviewed on 6/3/2024

Overall we are super happy and impressed with our Shopify Experience. What i like most about Shopify is that it’s user friendly and customer friendly. It accepts an array of payments, it allows us to manage our entire website in a user friendly way, it synchs our inventory and order accurately and accepts our payments into our accounting software !

Pros

Cons

Sometimes the synching to quick books is not completely accurate

Winnie
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Inventory sales

Reviewed on 6/9/2023

Pros

Shopify is one of the best sets where a merchant can set his or her goods for sale this is just because it is easy to deal with and has experts to help in case of any challenge.

Cons

It processes payments from different kinds of payment methods and also supports virtual payment methods.

Maxwell
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Shopify POS in Food Service

Reviewed on 19/10/2023

Shopify has transformed our reporting and product ability to change/update our products at a moments notice. We are constantly doing different events that require unique products, and Shopify is able to meet every need we have no matter the event/product/discount/payment type. It has also been incredibly easy to teach new users who have no background with the system.

Pros

Shopify makes decision making easy for our operation. The ability to, at a glance, see how products are performing what customers want from us, and whether our pricing is fair.

Cons

Would to see more customizable analytics, where you can select specific views for vertical specific metrics/reporting needs.

Amelia
  • Industry: Food Production

Shopify work great for our online business

Reviewed on 7/11/2023

Pros

Automatically creates orders from online orders and sends to the shipping team
Integrates well with ship station
Easy to process wholesale orders
Keeps all the online sales data in one place with reports that are easy to use and understand
customizable and easily handles lots of SKUs
Easy to train new employees on

Cons

Transaction fees in addition to subscription fees

Henri
Henri

Shopify POS Review

Reviewed on 28/9/2023

you have to take a close look at the price/performance ratio. The trial version is not bad for SMEs.

Pros

I can create my own gift cards for my online stores.

Cons

There's no free version and the advanced features are a bit expensive for my budget.

Yi Ting
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviews

Reviewed on 14/4/2023

The layout (templates) can be modified to a large extent without any programming knowledge. Adding products and managing payment and shipping options as well as processing orders is an absolute breeze.

Pros

1.Support connecting to multiple sales platforms (Amazon/Facebook/Pinterest)2. Helps search engine optimization (SEO)3. More than a thousand extensions, powerful

Cons

1.Some extensions need to be paid2.Do not support email hosting service3.Do not support hosting on third party servers4.Commission will be charged for each transaction (about 2.5% of each transaction)

WooCommerce

Reasons for Switching to Shopify POS

Get purchase order recommendations based on recent commodity performance or seasonality.
Samuel

Great for Multi-Channel Retail Businesses

Reviewed on 9/11/2021

I suggest that all the ecommerce companies I advise use Shopify to build their sites. Shopify is a natural extension of this into the brick and mortar/pop-up shop world. Shopify POS automatically integrates with your Ecommerce inventory levels, analytics, and more — making it a no-brainer for businesses already using the shopify platform.

Pros

The shopify POS is extremely easy to use and train in employees on. It may not be as powerful as some stores require, but as an ecommerce business that runs the occasional popup shop, it has more than enough features for what we need. I like how well it integrates into the systems we already are running.

Cons

I have no major complaints. The hardware accessories can be a bit buggy, but there's always an easy workaround.

Kelly

Not a fan of the app update

Reviewed on 2/12/2020

The old POS app was very easy to use, but with the update I am thinking of switching to Square. I reached out customer service about the possibly of reverting to the old app; they respond quickly which is great, but unfortunately we are stuck with the new app which I do not think will work for our business.

Pros

Shopify makes it easy to add and edit products to your library. It's great that it tracks inventory and can easily see sales and customer data.

Cons

I have been using shopify pos for almost 2 years and am very disappointed with the recent upgrade. We use the pos app for farmers markets and oftentimes don't have great internet. With the new update, we cannot even get into the app without great internet. Additionally, there is a new password feature that is used to get into the app. It was not very intuitive to figure out how to turn this off and caused some problems with our staff. The new layout is not very user friendly as I find myself having to do several extra steps to complete a sale than I used to.

Dan
  • Industry: Higher Education

Incredible versatility at a very reasonable cost

Reviewed on 23/8/2021

Shopify POS makes selling items in-person a total breeze. Barcodes can be scanned with the iPad's camera, and integrating either Shopify payments or third-party credit card systems are very easy. Plus, receipts can be printed, e-mailed, or texted

Pros

The ease with which one can customize the buttons (discounts, etc.), product selection, adding multiple products to an order, the ease with which one can accept payment methods (cash, cc, or third party payment), and the ability to take the system anywhere where there is an internet connection (i.e. mobile).

Cons

The fact that you cannot use any bluetooth hand scanner with the system (there's only one and it's very expensive).

Shari
  • Industry: Design

Why I like Shopify POS

Reviewed on 13/7/2023

Overall, my experience with Shopify POS has been undeniably positive. The platform has provided us with a user-friendly and efficient point of sale solution that has significantly improved our business operations.

Pros

It offers several benefits that make it a positive choice for businesses. It provides a user-friendly interface, allowing merchants to easily manage sales, track inventory, and process payments in a streamlined manner. With its seamless integration with other apps, it makes our business run more effectively.

Cons

One aspect that we have noticed that could be challenging for users looking to implement Shopify POS would be the potential cost. While it offers a range of features and benefits, the associated expenses, such as transaction fees and monthly subscription charges, can accumulate and could become costly. It's important for businesses to carefully consider their budget and needs to ensure that the pricing structure aligns with their expectations.

Scotty
Scotty
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Shopify's POS Software makes our in-person events happen

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

My overall experience with the POS software has been extremely positive. I have only had issues when I've brought the POS Hardware into the equation with faulty and unreliable bluetooth pairing.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the ability to use it in a few different ways. During an event, I can use the search feature to add the actual product to the shopping cart for better inventory keeping, or I can do a "quick sale" and just enter the total amount for custom orders. I really like the flexibility there.

Cons

The pairing of the software and the hardware (credit card reader, in this case) is spotty at best. There are a lot of times that we have to manually enter CC information because we can't get the bluetooth pairing to work correctly. Would love a physical "docking" ability as a failsafe.

Lorie

4 year user

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

I have loved using Shopify pos

I have loved using Shopify pos

Pros

Ease of use, that it can be set up on an iPad, wireless scanner capabilities. Easily to do phone orders. Syncs with website

Cons

Returns can tend to be difficult at times due to the new update. Sometimes I only want to do store credit but it will give me an option to put it on their credit card only so we have to manually figure it out. The old version was much better in my opinion.

Jessica

Great POS system for businesses

Reviewed on 22/4/2021

Overall this is very convenient to use and i love how it integrates directly with shopify!

Pros

It seamlessly integrates with Shopify making it very convenient to view my transactions whenever i make sales outside of shopify.

Cons

I had some instances when using card processor sometimes it doesn't want to accept payments and i would have to enter the order in manually

We use Shopify for eCommerce sales. Some sales are placed via phone that we enter through...

Reviewed on 19/3/2018

Ease of use, communication about accounts is so easy, works great with our accounting software and marketing automation. Shopify has made the CSR team much more effective.

Pros

Ease of use - we used to have magento and it was not easy to use at all. Shopify is simple to place all orders and we love the notes section. The notes allow our CSR team to communicate effectively and efficiently regarding accounts.

Cons

Honestly, we have not found anything that we don't like yet. We also use the marketing automation for our customers which is a great tool.

Jessi

Satisfied

Reviewed on 21/2/2019

Pros

It makes it very easy for us to keep our inventory up to date while we are at events, and makes checking customers out very smooth.

Cons

We seem to have issues with our Shopify card reader when we’re at events. It will quit working and then we have to manually enter card numbers, which takes longer and charges a higher fee.

Sunil
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

One of the Best E-commerce Site

Reviewed on 11/1/2022

Pros

Easy to use,free templates to choose from, works great with Amazon. Easy to customize with little web development knowledge.

Cons

Free designs are limited. Could get real pricy if attractive templates. Sometimes the inventory management may not sync well.

Tebogo

Shopify review

Reviewed on 9/11/2022

The set up of the payment method is simple as you have multiple options of paymnet

Pros

It helps you set up your dropshipping catalogue and pricing

Cons

Nothing so far as I have made few sales and the ads looks great

Antonio

very good POS

Reviewed on 28/7/2021

Pros

this is your best friend if you have an e-commerce and retail. con can do all in one place.

Cons

nothing, just love the ways how you can manage your store here.

James
James

Makes selling items at events super easy!

Reviewed on 26/9/2019

Over all it really makes selling items at events really easy and quick!

Over all it really makes selling items at events really easy and quick!

Pros

I like how each product is laid out in a tile with the image on the front. It makes it very easy to identify the product and add it to the cart.

Cons

It would be great if we could customize products with in the the app. It and adjust the taxes being charged.

Lawrence

A great POS add on if you have Shopify already as your eCommerce platform.

Reviewed on 5/3/2018

Pros

A really good platform addon for the Shopify eCommerce platform having all your in-store shop orders in one place along with your online orders.

Cons

the price is the only downfall I can think of. that I least like about the software. Apart from that it's great and does what it should do.