Microsoft Lens

OCR solution for businesses of all sizes

4.4/5

Vivek
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Easy Scan with Smartphone

Reviewed on 9/7/2022

I love this application, it is free to use, easy to use. Scanning documents is very easy with this application. It is very useful application in all ways for scanning. Scanning made easy by this application

Pros

First of all it from Microsoft, the most trusted software company in the world. Microsoft Lens is very useful application in scanning division. I am using this application from last 2 years and I like it very much. It does not show watermark in scanned docs or photos. You can choose filters for the scanned docs, Image clarity is adjusted according to the smartphone. scanning get adjusted as per the size of page, photo or anything that you want to scan.

Cons

All about this application is loveable, no one can say this application is not useful.

Keoagile

Review of Microsoft Lens' Outstanding Capabilities

Reviewed on 20/7/2022

I'm currently using Microsoft Lens with some of the learners I tutor. I started using around 2010 when I had corporate clients. Instead of them having to write out notes on their notebooks, I encouraged them to install the app on their devices and scan the notes on the whiteboard as and when they need to. That way, they wouldn't need to be taking copious notes.
And, now I am using with my new group of learns how happen to be teens.

The flow of discussion and learning is much better when we use Microsoft Lens.

Pros

The biggest plus for me was the fact that I could use Microsoft Lens to capture text from a whiteboard that is about 3+ meters away from me. And it comes out clear and crisp.
The second plus is the ability to share to a plethora of apps, including to the printer.

But, personally I feel the trophy belongs to the ability to export the captured text to the Immersive Reader. This alone was the clincher for me.

Oops, forgot to mention that since it is very easy to use, the learning curve is ... none. Anyone can be up and running with it straight out of the box.

Cons

The drawbacks I experienced with Microsoft Lens were the limited intuitiveness when it comes to adding more pages.
Would have been much greater if I could also export alphabets (other than the Roman alphabet) to Immersive Reader. Maybe I'm asking for too much.

Minenhle
  • Industry: Capital Markets

Mice office lens

Reviewed on 23/3/2022

It good uses for business purposes

Pros

Dynamics of new features and always improving with new technology for future use , everything you needed is on one particular place

Cons

Always need update it requires a lot data networks and It consumer q lot of space in computer sometimes it over heating leading to computer to be slower when functioning

Fabian

Microsoft Lens is the perfect tool if you want to convert your precious images to any type of...

Reviewed on 21/4/2022

Simply a magical tool that gives us confidence to carry out high quality work with successful results to the satisfaction of our clients, the most interesting thing is that we can count on immediate customer service, this service is scarce or null with other SoftWare of the same guy, thus making him the Ace up the sleeve of our company.

Pros

This SoftWare is the perfect tool in our company, it's easy, its interface is very pleasant to look at, its functions allow you to perform multiple tasks at the same time, with this program the endless hours in editing processes of images to Word are over , PowerPoint and PDF, supporting all our work in case of inconvenience or breakdown of our equipment, through OneDrive or OneNote. Only this detail gives a very high bonus to this important SoftWare that has a number of features that you can explore very easily. It has brought us many benefits and endless editing solutions. I recommend this important tool, once you use it, you will not want to take it off.

Cons

To tell the truth regarding the cons of the SoftWare in question, I must state that we have not experienced any type of inconvenience to date, we have had this important program in our company for more than three years and it does not report any inconvenience.

Converting documents to digital.

Reviewed on 28/7/2022

I scanned and saved all my physical documens like diplomas, IDs, bills with Microsoft Lens.

Pros

I like basic scanning and sharing feature. It works like physical scanner. With taking photo it's done to have bills as PDF. Documents can be shared as PDF or JPG or PNG.

Cons

It would be better if there is folder or labelling feature.

Diego
  • Industry: Accounting

Microsoft Lens - Best PDF Scanner

Reviewed on 6/7/2022

Pros

Best of all is the ease and technology with which this app can scan physical files, in the company we use it because it gives us the same quality as a printer scanner, with this app we scan all the documents that our clients bring us to digitize them quickly and accurately. With this we manage to order them in a better way in our computer system

Cons

I do not see any cons of this app, it works very well and without errors.

Ayaz
  • Industry: Hospitality

Scanner in a Pocket

Reviewed on 24/6/2022

So far I have been extremely pleased with the ease of use and user friendly aspects, not to mention the cost or no cost to be more accurate

Pros

The versatility of being able to scan all kind of documents, photos and even the handwritten notes is a plus. This can easily replaced your old fashioned Rolodex. It allows you to scan business cards and automatically drop it in your contacts (no more bulky wallets). Since Fax machines are so 2020, this allows you to create an attachment for your emails in an instant.

Cons

May take steady hands to get the corners lined up

Arturo

The PDF scanner for Microsoft users

Reviewed on 22/7/2021

The application itself can be found in mobile stores, I would recommend using other types of scanners, as this one is a bit slow and can heat up the device a lot, but if it is for something very fast like scanning 1 or 2 documents, this one can get you out of trouble and more if you are a Microsoft user.

Pros

The biggest advantages we have in this document scanner, is that it is designed mainly for users who have the Office service, as it has direct connections to their applications, because when scanning your document with the camera on your phone, you can convert it to PDF or simply pass it to a Word document, PowerPoint or other Microsoft product, you can even digitize it or also in the case of students, scan the class blackboard and pass it as a document to save it to your OneDrive. Similarly, you can choose a document or image from your phone's camera roll and then share it or convert it to a Microsoft product.

Cons

When opening the application, I find it a bit slow, or it can even crash and restart itself. When scanning the document, it does not manage to finish scanning the document well and some parts are left on the top and bottom edges. It can also consume a lot of battery life, as the application relies purely on your phone's camera.

Pancham
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

An innovative PDF tool

Reviewed on 14/7/2022

Pros

Straightening of photos if taken at an angle, good PDF conversion features and note-like documentation

Cons

Sharing and upload process + UI can be simpler, intuitive and better

Onur İlyas

Microsoft Lens Review

Reviewed on 19/6/2022

Pros

+ Easy to use
+ Light program
+ Good UI/UX design

Cons

- Sometimes lagging in camera mode.
- On some devices, the pdf does not appear directly in the documents section.

Verna
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Outstanding capabilities

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

It's okay, it's no because with all my office software so I don't have to change a thing and even stores in Dropbox and everywhere else I need it.

Pros

Well I use office lens at home and at the office. The scanning software is amazing it does there's no smudges there's no glare when you skating any type of documents they come out at looking just like you type them up it's perfect for office use. The pros for me is as far as getting in the home photos and memories.
Office lens make photo's pop. office lens has the ability to take to make older faded worn photos look like you just snapped the picture yesterday. I've never had to go in and enhance a photo with office lens or change anything I could just scan it in and make a print copy beautifully. I had a free trial and ended up switching and not going back to my old Lenox.

Cons

I like you too. It's very easy software to use.

Sandipan

I have been using this app for a long time. The auto detection feature during clicking is...

Reviewed on 14/11/2020

Pros

I have been using Microsoft office lens for more than two years now. I find it is a great improvement to what I was previously using. The Best feature that I like about this app is that it auto detects and crops the subject during picture clicking and saves time, unlike other apps where auto cropping is done as a post processing part. Being a free tool, office lens offers OCR feature for exporting to text format in PDF and Word, which is often missing in the free versions of peer apps . Thirdly, It doesn't add a watermark to the output files.

Cons

The user should be allowed to tweak the parameters that control the picture quality. Some peer apps have the option of regulating the contrast, sharpness, details and brightness as soon as the pictures are clicked and cropped. Second, office lens should support more options than scanning from just documents, business cards, etc (for example, powerpoints and greeting cards offered in peer apps).

JOEL
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

My experience with Microsoft Office Lens

Reviewed on 3/10/2021

At work, I have needed formal documents without a watermark, which is why this application has helped me a lot. I also like the option to save the image in JPG format in the phone gallery for other purposes. The use is quick and easy to understand, it is free and does not require an account for the necessary features. I can confidently recommend this app to my colleagues.

Pros

The application is fast to detect the text or area of interest to be scanned. It also provides appropriate options for editing the image. The options for saving and sharing in other formats are very clear. Something good too, is not having a watermark on PDF files.

Cons

Although the application does a good job detecting the document to be scanned, it cannot correctly adjust the image when it is taken from the side or at steep angles. For best results, you need to carefully position the camera in front of the document. In addition, the application should improve the immersive reader option, which still makes errors in character recognition.

Pavel

A removable scanner that is very practical to use and transport

Reviewed on 24/12/2020

Microsoft Office Lens has always been able to fill the gap when I needed a scanner at the office or on the road.

The application is very well managed despite some bugs that are still quite rare. I therefore recommend Microsoft Office Lens at 90% to scan all your documents in emergency or not as well as to scan business cards, flyers and other documents.

Pros

Microsoft Office Lens is a reliable tool that offers free but high quality scanning services.
In addition to all these advantages, it is available on your smartphone.
Microsoft Office Lens solves the problem whenever you need to scan photos or documents in a very clear and precise way.
When you are on the move and suddenly feel the need for a scanner thanks to Microsoft Office Lens you can scan everything you need.
The functions of the buttons are simple yet so powerful.
I use it a lot to scan documents and take snapshots of words written on a whiteboard.

Cons

Despite all these advantages, Microsoft Office Lens also has some drawbacks such as a loading time that is sometimes too long.
Or the difficulty to scan the entire document even if it works well most of the time.

Jim Paul

Scanning Made Easy with Office Lens

Reviewed on 5/11/2020

Microsoft Office Lens is a reliable tool that provides scanning services for free but with maximum quality. On top of all these perks, it's just a click away from your smartphone. I use it during meetings when I don't have with me my laptop, or at moments when I need to take a super clear shot on any document such as memos, announcements, or even receipts at supermarkets or hardware stores which I could use as a proof of purchase or for reimbursements.

Thanks, Microsoft!

Pros

Microsoft Office Lens solves the day whenever a need for crystal-clear scanning of photos or documents arises. It's the go-to application when you're out and suddenly feel the need for a handy mobile scanner, realizing that it's an application in your smartphone.

The tool is easy-to-use although the walk-through tutorial upon installing it is of great help too. The buttons' functions are simple yet so powerful. I use it a lot in scanning documents and taking snapshots of words written on a whiteboard.

It's also a recommended software for taking random shots whose quality are at par with those of other top applications out in the market, or maybe better.

Cons

The scanning feature is one of the best and it's so reliable when used. If I may suggest though, the focusing task is sometimes a little annoying especially if the correct shape or outline is not easily met. But overall, it's best at what it does which is performing like an actual scanning machine.

Rezwanul Haque

Microsoft Office Lens for each gadget

Reviewed on 12/2/2022

Microsoft Office Lens filters reports, cards, and whiteboards with your Android telephone, making them more decipherable, and now and again editable.

Pros

This application is an extraordinary method for getting sorted out the entirety of your stuff. It's not difficult to utilize and it incorporates well with other Office applications. It can assist you with monitoring everything from tacky notes and business cards to receipts. Since it utilizes Optical Character Recognition, it gives preferred lucidity over ordinary photograph-taking projects and cameras. It might provide you with a decent picture of terrible penmanship.

Office Lens permits you to alter straightforwardly from the picture. Assuming you feel that your substance needs clarifying or has excluded something significant, you can include the picture from your gadget and afterward save it in the most appropriate model.

The way that you can change over your picture into various document designs, like Word, PDF, and PowerPoint guarantees that the picture can be opened from any client gadget, particularly assuming you are sharing it in a gathering discussion.

Cons

Some of the time white part is left on the filtered pictures.

On occasion, the quality naturally gets compromised.

Modise
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Software Review

Reviewed on 25/12/2020

A sure time saver, where I have to gather and communicate a client's ideas input without affecting their time line. In general I believe to the office worker, it should be thanked for destroying permanently the office scan machine queues and bringing a communicable scan to hand. It definately saves the none collateral presence, where you can just quickly scan and submit especially for mitigation purposes without being there physically.

Pros

An instance where binary actually steals work from a machine. One piece of software that completely and in a new way replaces the physical scanner. Without much aligning instructions, as machine scanner would require: lens without much ado grabs your document in to the digital and gives you the whole right to toy and toggle it to you desired shape without without infringing the actual content. Having shot/taken that image, even if you are a bad aim, when you have managed to take the image you can without any level of skill or technicality set it to your desired appearance. One last catch is you do not have to fiddle with much formating to produce a generally consumable jpeg scan and in hand where you can share, send or save with the touch of a button. In this generation of on point funneling, it is important to deliver before you say I can, which lens does so vividly.

Cons

As a camera dependent software, your make of camera or phone can hamper output as it depends on your pixels and ambient light.

Ramesh
  • Industry: Media Production

Microsoft Office Review

Reviewed on 11/3/2020

Overall you experience is very good I am for this software and also my collegues who use it .. Its the most widely package in my office.....

Pros

Its being over 20 yrs I a have being 20 yrs I being using this software apart from the existing features lots of new features are added over the years like autosave, now days it understands what you want to type ....Its simple to use and value for money. It can be any application I use from Word to excel or powerpoint the experience is amazing...You dont get lost if don't know anything the help button helps you...

Cons

Frankly there is nothing I really miss in the software . Almost all the features are there in the package.Only thing is it takes time to load otherwise its amazing

Alejandro

A completely free sw to store images of important data like blackboards, documents and pictures

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

Excellent software to take quick pictures and share as professional documents and scans.

Pros

Absolutely free, no need for Office 365 to use it. You just have to have a normal outlook or live account. Or a Microsoft account. Great alternative to AdobeScan and CamScanner.
Automatic recognizance of documents, blackboard, pictures and business cards to store it to the optimum quality.
Automatically fix the document angle in the picture to make it look like
Cut or fix the picture to the size you want. It uses snaps to easily and faster image cutting.
For business cards, the infomation is extracted and can be shared as .vcf or store it in your phone.
All the pictures can be store in OneDrive as .docx (as OCR document), jpeg/png (in your phone gallery), .pdf, pptx, or in OneNote.
When saving to a document, the original and if it applied, the layers of the picture are saved.
For blackboards, the images are saved as picture and as drawings /stencils, so they can be copied and pasted to other documents or emails.
View the images saved in your phone and share.
Take pictures in bulk.
Change the resolution of the picture to take. By default it uses a medium resolution. Around 5mpx.

Cons

Sometimes slow but I can accept it because it is recognizing a lot of information in the picture, figuring out what is.
No document can be saved locally, only the pictures.

Jamesson
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

What I think about Microsoft Office Lens

Reviewed on 27/2/2021

I use it to scan images with texts that I want to keep saved (newsletters, documents, etc.). The repositioning of the photo is great and helps to make all text readable.

Pros

Easy to use, good filters and scaling to scan images. Direct and effective storage and sharing.

Cons

Perhaps the theme and layout could be made more interesting, customizable and with a more pleasant appearance.

Andre Luiz
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

versatility and everything

Reviewed on 11/9/2020

It is a formidable application. Great supplier quality and that makes file scanning much easier.

Pros

One of the best ways to digitize files using a smartphone. Compatible with several OS. It allows instant edits to the caputures and eliminates the need for large scanner equipment. With it you can scan files wherever you are using just a smartphone. Allows the user to choose the output format of the jpg jpg file among others.

Cons

I've never had any problems. However, it has a limitation that is the user's own, depending on the hardware of the equipment, it may be that a smartphone as a simpler camera cannot achieve an image quality.

Michael
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Most Well Known Word Processor Service: Microsoft Office Lens

Reviewed on 9/11/2020

Microsoft Office Lens was a requirement to use in college as it has Word Processor ability abs it is the only Word Processor service in the college computer lab. I used this service multiple times to create book reports and to write college English papers.

Pros

Microsoft Office Lens has a wide range of features to assist a writer. The word processor is very detailed and so much more easy than type writers, without delete buttons or cloud storage providers. The software lets you easily choose a template and format your creation. Within your creation you can choose font style, font size, font color and even change in mid paragraph within the same document or Word creation.

Cons

The cost of Microsoft Lens is the only negative aspect. It is only used if purchased usually within Microsoft Office Suite which contains multiple computer programs within.

Nicholas
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Worth a revisit

Reviewed on 14/5/2022

I had used Lens early in its life when it helped to capture documents and put them in our OneDrive. It was simple and straight-forward. The feature i appreciated most at the time was its ability to crop at an angle to account for the angle at which items were being captured.
It was earlier this year that i had a colleague recommend revisiting it. As we had been thoroughly impressed with the improvements Edge and other products had been making with Immersive Reader, they demonstrated the improvements in the text capture and output to Immersive Reader that had developed since last I looked at Lens. It has now become a tool at the ready when I am given a hand out to read and I augment my slow reading speed with the help of Immersive reader and the read aloud tools.
We have since begun looking at the application of using it with teachers that have print outs that may need to be digitized for students that need them presented in a digital format and the teacher cannot get to the scanner. It is nice to have the tool available when they need it.

Pros

The immersive reader. I have been using lens to capture and convert materials to use in Immersive Reader with the Read Aloud feature. The ability to extract text and convert it to the Immersive Reader is impressive. And then the functionality of Immersive Reader to assist in reading and hearing it read has improve my retention and focus .

Cons

Some of the export workflows do not seem as intuitive as I'd like. When capturing something to share with a student it is harder to choose some of the shared locations in iOS. This is relatively moot as the features for Lens are often also found in the OneNote app.

Marko

It can solve 90% of your scanning needs for documents

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

It is really helpful if you get various paper documents all the time like me and can put them into the electronic archive in minutes wherever you are since your smarthphone is always near. With a couple of tweaks in settings you get the document automatically in your one drive folder.

Pros

The interface provides a great way to turn the photo of a document into a pdf document which really looks like it was scanned on a scanner. Having tried a couple of alternative mobile apps, I think this one does a better work of transforming the photo image you take (you can fine-tune the borders of the document) into scanner like output. Furthermore, it is connected with one-drive you it goes straight to your folder on the computer.

Cons

Of course, when the light conditions are not so good, it can take a couple of takes of the same document to not have the shadows on the document, but this is expected. At least, the interface is nice so you can easily discard just one page and re-do it.

Kosara
  • Industry: Furniture

"Great document scanning app"

Reviewed on 4/5/2021

It is simple to use.I can simply save to my photo Gallery,so there's no requirements to use any Microsoft cloud services.

Pros

I can quickly scan my paper documents,and export them as multi-page PDF files.I have been utilizing Microsoft Office Lens focal point for a long time,and I am very satisfied.
It is truly useful and simple to utilize software.I use it also on my telephone.
My filtering commerce cards could be a idealize fit for this kind of app.

Cons

To be honest,there isn't anything in the app that I really miss.Almost every function is included in the kit.
The only drawback is that it takes a long time to load,otherwise it's fantastic.