Microsoft Office Lens

OCR solution for businesses of all sizes

4.5 /5 (74 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.3
Ramesh S.
Industry: Media Production

Microsoft Office Review

Reviewed on 11/3/2020

Overall you experience is very good I am for this software and also my collegues who use it .. Its the most widely package in my office.....

Pros

Its being over 20 yrs I a have being 20 yrs I being using this software apart from the existing features lots of new features are added over the years like autosave, now days it understands what you want to type ....Its simple to use and value for money. It can be any application I use from Word to excel or powerpoint the experience is amazing...You dont get lost if don't know anything the help button helps you...

Cons

Frankly there is nothing I really miss in the software . Almost all the features are there in the package.Only thing is it takes time to load otherwise its amazing

Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Microsoft Office Lens -

Reviewed on 10/2/2020

Pros

I have been using MIcroosft Office Lens for a long time and I am very satisfied. It is excellent to scan papers and documents in a fast way. It is really helpful and easy to use software. You can crop and edit your documents on the go and upload it on your cloud. I use it on a daily basis for my job and in personal life.

Cons

None. I like everything about Microsoft Office Lens.

Adriana E.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Love Microsoft Office Lens

Reviewed on 18/2/2020

I am saving my company a lot of time by using Office Lens. This is a very fast and easy way to send PDF's.

Pros

I love that i could scan stuff very easily by just taking a picture it automatically crops it for me, and it's ready to go. Easy as 1 - 2 - 3.

Cons

Theirs nothing bad to say about this application.

Industry: Writing & Editing

Simple, but very necessary

Reviewed on 10/11/2019

Great app overall! it does its job very well, and is so handy to have!

Pros

This is one of those apps that's simple and gets a ton of use. Whether you are using this as an employee or just for personal use, it makes scanning documents and other pieces of writing so much easier.

Cons

There are no cons! I have no more use for a traditional scanner anymore because of how well this app worked to replace it.

Yasseen T.

Best scanner out there

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 31/7/2020

Great overall performance compared to other alternatives out there and it works pretty well with the office suite

Pros

Very easy to use and innovative product that enables users to quickly scan documents or boards and then transforms these documents to legitimate scanned documents in various formats like pdf.

Cons

Sometimes on my android phone it lags and fails to save scanned documents. Also on minor occasions the app failed to recognise the document.

Jason K.

A work in progress

Reviewed on 4/2/2020

overall the experience has been great and it has allowed me to present my ideas

Pros

As with a lot of Microsoft products they work well but still need to be innovative if they want to succeed

Cons

it still doesnt have all the features i would need to make it a solid alternative but its a strong application

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Eric S.
Industry: Research

A good PDF scanning application

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 5/5/2020

I only need to scan files a few times per year, but Office Lens will be the one app I keep using for it.

Pros

Makes scanning files and saving as PDFs relatively easy, and you can email them right away or save in different file formats.

Cons

It can be difficult sometimes to properly focus your camera lens so that all document text is legible.

Industry: Human Resources

Easy to use and very functional.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 18/7/2020

Pros

I use this software on my phone, so whenever I need to send my client a softfile of our document, I just need to take a picture of it, and then convert it into PDF and send it. It is that easy. It also provides good quality of pictures and excellent cropping functionality.

Cons

It is really annoying whenever I need to send a document, I have to save it first instead of send it. So, I am a busy person who needs everything works quickly, it must be nice if Microsoft would update it so after scanning the document, it can be sent immediately instead of saving it first.

James W.

Big Time Saver

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 8/1/2020

Office Lens is very easy to use and helps to save time during meetings where you might have multiple concepts or list on a whiteboard that need to be recorded before being erased.

Pros

The amount of time saved not having to record a whole whiteboard of information is amazing. It not only takes a picture of the content but sharpens up the image and put it in a nice file format to easily be able to share out.

Cons

It can be hard to get the picture you want sometimes but for the most part this software is a breeze to use.

Omari M.
Industry: Consumer Services

Lens

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 9/6/2020

Pros

Somewhat easy to use and magable, very effective.

Cons

The high price tag monthly is kinda not what you expect from a high end software.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Amna M.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Useful app for scanning printed or handwritten notes

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

I use this application for recording the notes that I’ll be needing later.

Pros

I like that Office Lens can easily scan any printed material and makes it searchable within OneNote. I also like the easy integration with other tools such as OneNote and syncing across devices.

Cons

I think the application can be improved by making it more stable as sometimes it can hang while processing my scanned notes.

Ismaila S.
Industry: Banking
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Review Microsoft Office Lens

Reviewed on 4/2/2020

Overall satisfactory, very good user experience. Truly served the purpose

Pros

Excellent quality images and ability of scanned images to be exported to virtually any application. Easy to access and good for snapping workflow documentation.

Cons

None that I can think of or noticed from the usage so far

Zerq K.
Industry: Utilities
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Office Lens is an innovative and effective scanning tool

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

In use it for meeting notes.

Pros

Makes note taking and retrieval much easier. I can sync my notes on OneDrive and read them anywhere without having to keep my notebook with me.

Cons

While the scanning functions are excellent, it often struggles to recognize my handing through OCR.

Jessica B.

Confusing Set-Up

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Took months to get set-up all the way completed as there was an issue with the Microsoft customer service reps not being able to assist with set-up or integration. Very frustrating experience.

Pros

Microsoft is one of the world's leading software's, so it integrates with most other products nicely.

Cons

The customer service for set-up was awful, took weeks to get everything properly set up and the customer service reps don't seem to know what they are talking about.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Shawn B.
Industry: Retail

Like a pocket scanner

Reviewed on 17/11/2019

I have been using MS Office Lens for a while. I absolutely love it. I see my self frequently needing to scan papers and business cards and it works flawless. I have it save all my documents to OneDrive.

Pros

I like that it is literally like a scanner in your pocket. It can take photos of documents and whiteboards and turn them into perfect copies in Word and pdf files. You can easily store them in OneDrive. I also like that it automatically crops the paper or whiteboard to save you time.

Cons

I really didn’t dislike anything about them software.

Gul S.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

One of the basic programs that you should have

Reviewed on 3/1/2020

Pros

Lens is a very useful program that converts everything into PDF documents for you. I use the free version, it is very practical.
The software automatically recognizes the documents, writings, pictures and fixes the edges so that the document angle in the picture looks perfect.

Cons

I generally like it, but I can say that sometimes it takes time to recognize some pictures.

Hassan Z.
Industry: Utilities
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Helpful tool in our day to day tasks

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

It is really good and quick way to get our documents printed in no time and also very helpful in sharing with others

Pros

-It is very easy to use
-Easy to share
-Its results' quality is almost same as printer

Cons

-It takes too much space on mobile
-Its predicting engine is not as good as it should be to replace printer

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Alison P.
Industry: Government Administration

Office Lens - Usefull Tool

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 28/1/2020

Office Lens is a very practical application that you can save when you need to scan documents, books and invoices. With simple processes, you can get digital versions of your documents and even better ones. Or, it is a pleasant surprise, a way to turn inaccuracies into Microsoft Word and PDF documents. Excellent for adjusting images.

Pros

Save everything in the cloud
Full integration with the Microsoft Office suite
Margin recognition

Cons

Does not OCR in handwritten text
Colors may be distorted

Industry: Insurance

Ultimate mobile scanner

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 23/11/2019

It is very easy to use and capture information. In addition collating all of what you capture in the pages order is very easy on this app to do.

Pros

It has special scanning features such as capturing information from a whiteboard or business card or passport photo. It adjust amazingly well to capture various platforms.

Cons

It does not gives you an option to save output to a non-microsoft app on my phone although I can email whatever I scan.

Lisha N.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great help for sending and saving documents digitally

Reviewed on 24/3/2020

The overall experience is absolutely positive. Using this has made putting documents in digital form very easy.

Pros

The documents saved look great and are easy to read.

Cons

Sometimes have trouble lining things up.

Vera A.
Industry: Human Resources

The Microsoft Office Lens App is useful for managing work and scans very quickly.

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2/9/2020

Pros

I liked using thApp, easy to use and when I scan small documents like a business card, even if I take it in any direction, I don't need to configure it, besides having several storage options. The App also differentiates a document with an object and the visualization is very clean and good.

Cons

Practical and useful App, but for example, it could improve when you scan a business card, the image could come out the same size, I thought the card came out with the big image and also the shutter sound is a little loud, it could have the option to decrease the volume.

Fabian D.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

My Microsoft Office Lens Review

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

It is a great addition for Microsoft Office as you can just take Photo's of business cards and receipts while saving them all to one folder. This way you have your contacts in one place and your receipts in one place during Tax Season.

Pros

This software/app integrates easily with your mobile office and various applications such as One Note, PowerPoint, PDF etc. It was easy to install and use. On the whiteboard option it really clears up your pictures for a presentation. It easily saves your Photo or Document to multiple platforms. Great for taking Photo's of business cards and receipts and keeping them in one folder.

Cons

It takes a while to save to PowerPoint and it fails at converting all documents to text in the Mobile Word Platform. Needs some work converting documents to Word text.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Reyanne T.
Industry: Writing & Editing

Must have scanner!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 5/11/2020

Pros

It has the ability to save and scan any document you would want to save! Saves so much time because it's so convenient.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software.

Harlan E.
Industry: Construction

Extremely useful app

Reviewed on 24/3/2020

This software allows our reps in the field to submit receipts in a timely fashion!

Pros

This software is extremely versatile. Not only can I use it to scan and edit documents but also receipts as well

Cons

There really are no downsides to this software, It works , period!

Elizabeth V.
Industry: Law Practice

Works when it works but is a pain when it does not

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Pros

It is cheap and easy and as simple as taking a picture, which is the primary function. It is automates a lot of functions

Cons

There are times when the program doesn't save or scan, especially when used in correspondence with Outlook.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10