Lumen5

AI-based video creating, editing and marketing platform

4.4/5
4.3/5
4.7/5
4.6/5

Natalie
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

When Lumen5 says, "Create a Video in Minutes", they weren't joking!!

Reviewed on 11/2/2020

Creating more professional style videos is flawless with Lume5!

Pros

I love Lumen5 for short videos and animated videos for my social media clients. It truly is easy to easy and has a great user interface!

Cons

I usually do not like to complain about prices but Lumen5 is pricey! Starting at $19/month, on top of other services that I pay for as a marketing consultant, this seems a bit steep!

Brian

Easy Way to Create Videos From Posts

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

Pros

This is a pretty cool and easy way to generate high quality videos from blog posts/existing content. Overall, I like how it scans your content and then lays out a suggested video with images and motion animation. It also allows you to select music to give your videos more depth.

Cons

Some of the editing features are limited and lacking. This in a way keeps the production process simple and saves time, yet at times can be a bit frustrating when you'd like more options.

• Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used for 1+ year

I guess it does the job okay

Reviewed on 13/4/2019

This program has the things you need to put together a video. I'm not sure that it's any better or worse than any other system. The pieces are there but of course the videos quality will be based on the artistic and advertising skill of the user.

Pros

There are some nice options such as "Brand presets" that you can upload and use for videos.

Cons

I tried the option of making "instant videos" from feeds such as blogs. The resulting video did pair somewhat appropriate visuals with text quotes. For example, a blog post about writing for children used pictures of children. However, the resulting video wasn't very compelling. The children all looked unhappy, and the text quotes would need major editing.

bimal

lumen5 review

Reviewed on 8/12/2021

My experiences with Lumen5 is feaking awesome. I enjoy making short and log videos here.

Pros

Lumen5 is the best video making software compared to others. Because it is easy and less expensive to use. Anyone can easily open and start making videos for any type of business it doesn't matter you are making videos for Facebook, youtube, TikTok or LinkedIn you can make professional looking videos in minutes. You can easily paste your blog URL and it will crawl your page and make a video according to it.Lumen5 is power by Ai.Inside you get million of free video for your business.

Cons

In this app, I think there are not any cons.

Josh Bernthold,

Blogs To Videos (Out of Thin Air!)

Reviewed on 1/5/2019

Pros

Lumen5 is so flipping easy to use! That is what I like most about the software. I also like the fact of how powerful making these videos for your posts can be. You are able to make videos not off of a post as well and just on the fly. This is very helpful when making a little promo or explainer video.

Cons

I do know that there are other competitors that are emerging since the release of Lumen5. I am just hoping that they stay ahead of the curve and continue to develop the software further and add more features.

Matthias

If you are blogging, you need this tool! :-)

Reviewed on 27/7/2018

Easy and fast production of great videos.

Pros

This tool scans your blog posts and generates videos on his own, using the written words in your blog posts as a sort of subtitles, and searching and using to this subtitles fitting pictures. You are able the change the words, change the pictures, using background music... If you know how, a new video may be produced in less than 30 minutes (or even much faster).

Cons

To highlight the text or to change the text is sometimes a bit frustrating (at least on my laptop). When you are ready it takes several minutes to generate your (downloadable) video.

Renato
  • Used for 6-12 months

Fast videos, easy solution

Reviewed on 11/5/2021

Within its intended use, it is a unique app, simple to use and quite efficient. Even though I don't use it very often, it has helped me a lot to adapt content to video.

Pros

What I like most about Lumen5 is how easy it makes creating videos simple. When you want to turn the content of a website into a video for easy presentation, Lumen5 helps you do this with a few simple steps.

Cons

Although it is a very useful and easy-to-use app, we have to understand that it has major limitations when it comes to creating and editing videos. Don't expect to do any super production here and everything will be fine.

Depp
  • Used for 6-12 months

saves time while creating video

Reviewed on 30/4/2018

Time saving and easy to manage

Pros

I had to spend hours on creating video content for my business. Lumen5 has optimized my time, now I'm able to create videos from posts in 5 minutes. I also have access to a wide range oh high quality images

Cons

The subscription is pricey. It will improve if templates and more text style options are added. Also, Video recording should be supported too.

Response from Lumen5

Hi Leonard,

Thanks for the review! We're so glad it's saving you time. Just out of curiosity, how much time on average has it saved you per video?

Thanks!

Amna

Create short videos easily

Reviewed on 23/9/2020

The overall experience has been great

Pros

It has a lot of options and makes small videos easily from existing blogs or new articles. Many customizations available

Cons

More templates would have been better, plus the stock videos and images can sometimes be not free and cost extra

Mary D.
  • Industry: Publishing

Lumen5 Rocks It!

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Pros

Lumen was the first online video production site that made me wonder why I did things manually for so long. Easy to use, extensive stock images and video clips, audio and the ability to create something that looks professional.

Cons

The blog post video creation. Not something I would use but it may come in useful for other people.

Wendy
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Lumen 5 for Easy Peasy Videos.

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

I've added videos to my Facebook groups and web pages. I upload to YouTube. My focus isn't on videos -- I do lots of writing, images, videos and more. BUT I spend a few hours, do a video or two and they really catch attention of my followers. Lumen makes it a fun experience for me!

Pros

I really like this software as I can enter a URL from my site, or a cut and paste from a document on my computer -- and BAM, Lumen makes a video.

Lumen sends an email when the video is done -- they select the important parts of the page that you'd likely want in the video. They split up the page into slides. They also automatically pick images for each slide, and places the text on it. It's really a pretty nice process... so easy peasy!

I always edit. I change many of images as they auto-select images from their massive library of images, but I prefer finding my own and I enjoy that part of making the video look like it flows nicely. Some of the images are gif images that move... so the video goes image to image and also some frames have the leaves on the tree moving in the breeze, or a person smiles or waves. I like really that.

I sometimes change the text selected automatically by the app. I delete a slide, add another, and change the highlighted text... just depends.

I also always add music. You can search by the mood of the music so its relatively easy to pick one that fits nicely. Even if they added Voice Over (my "con" in this review), I'd still want music in the background.

Cons

I need a voice over option -- and that's my problem right now. I'd like to use these videos for Udemy classes and more, but I need to speak as I go. I hope they offer this soon in an upgrade!

Syed

Lumen5 –‘is my favourite tool to create content and innovative design for social media’

Reviewed on 24/9/2020

My overall experience with Lumen5 is very good. As I mentioned, This tool made mt job easy and my clients are happy. Anyone can be very creative with this tool because they have a lot of options to choose and create the design and this is really amazing.

Pros

I absolutely like the fact that Lumen5 is packed with a lot of important features such as- collaboration, audio tools, brand overlay, social sharing, and more. I can create different types of videos for my client. This tool allows you to produce highly-engaging content. I would say Lumen5 is a great source to drive the marketing team to progress. Because the resources of this tool are very useful and easy to utilize for increasing business engagement. I am using this tool for a long time to create a dynamic project for my clients and they are very happy. I think using Lumen5 is time-saving because you can finish your task quickly as their stock full of the fundamentals you need.

Cons

The costs of Lumen5 is not affordable for all. I think they should waive the price up to a certain amount. I don’t like the fact that sometimes it takes time in rendering the final video.

Joyce

Easy to use and a great ROI

Reviewed on 7/1/2019

Lumen makes it easy to create videos and share it to social media. Their support team is amazing and is a tool that works for me and my business.

Pros

I love how I'm easily able to make videos in a faster pace than before. Its a simple to use software and for that my business has grown.

Cons

Rendering time may take up to 10 minutes.

Jessica
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Perfect for social videos!

Reviewed on 8/1/2019

Overall, great experience!

Pros

The software is very user-friendly and makes professional social videos, sized for different platforms. The video can be customized with your campaign logo and the highlight can be set to a specific color using the hex code from design files.

Cons

The two major cons: 1) It takes forever to render the video once created. 2) The highlight can only be placed on one section of the text, not in two different sections. That makes picking what to highlight a little tricky and it's not always exactly what you want.

Want easy to make Business Insider style videos? This is the tool for you

Reviewed on 15/9/2018

It's quick, powerful and lets you create truly custom assets if you put in a little extra effort to prepare your own materials to upload to the platform first.

Pros

Lumen5 is awesome. In about 5 minutes you can take any text, whether from a blog post or just copy and pasted into the tool, and create high quality 'Business Insider' style videos with just a few clicks. It's a great and convenient way to keep up with the demands of constantly needing to push out video for use on social media. The fact that you can upload your own images and videos to use in the different scenes also means that you can use this tool to create truly stunning client assets in a fraction of the time.

Cons

Once you input your script, whether its from a link to a blog post, or copy and pasted in... you can't edit it. You *can* add a line or two manually, but I've found the system doesn't do its job as well on the automated creative side if you do this. That means that if you find you want to add any text to your script after you've already started a video, your best and fastest option is just to head back to your dashboard and start fresh.

Vivian

Lumen5

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Pros

I really like how easy Lumen5 use to use to create awesome video

Cons

I dislike the pricing. I had access to Lumen5 via appsumo for 1 year.

• Used for 1+ year

Great for short, simple, text-based videos.

Reviewed on 2/4/2020

I was lucky enough to have a free 1 year subscription from AppSumo, and enjoyed it while I used it. I did not renew after the deal ended.

Pros

It made it really easy to share videos frequently on social media, without having to shoot any footage. Ideal for sharing quick tips, news, etc.

Cons

Resizing videos wasn't flawless, and sometimes updates wouldn't be saved causing work to be lost. Thankfully, it wasn't frequent.

Ash-Lee

Reviewed on 9/3/2021

I was recommended it by a friend about a year and a half ago and use it as a focal point for the social media aspect of the business.

Pros

I like the ability to very quickly put together montage's that help explain my business in an illustrative format.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to find the gifs/ images that you want to fit your mindset but that's to be expected.

Miguel

An easy way to transform your posts into videos

Reviewed on 8/4/2018

An easy way to transform your posts into videos

Pros

- you can make a video from a post in 2 minutes: just paste the link, choose the titles, put some images/videos, and its done!
- you have unlimited videos per month
- you have access to premium stock images and videos to put in your videos
- you can export in 720p or 1080p (depends on your plan)

Cons

- you do not have pre-existent templates
- its expensive for what it does: 99/per month in the premium plan

Nicole
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Awesome Video Creator

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Pros

The best feature I love is the Text to Video feature because I just need to copy and paste the article URL then Lumen5 will turn it to video

Cons

None as of now. I will edit this review if I found something which is not to my liking and affect other users

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Story Time!

Reviewed on 27/4/2019

Huzzah! I really recommend Lumen5!

Pros

I really like the fact that Lumen5 helps you tell a story.
In fact it will take any script you give it and translate it into a visual story, in movie format.

It's really smooth, and the AI is impressive. It really knows how to pull the "juicy" parts from any story.
In addition, its a full fledged video story board app. It lets you create your own movies however you want to.

I also like the fact that it will turn my blog RSS into videos for me.

Cons

I don't really understand the purpose of having more than one workspace.

Lumen5 a fantastic video creation tool

Reviewed on 7/1/2019

This video software will be an enormous help in getting your message out to social media visually.

Pros

So easy to use with a mountain of images and music to choose from. Creating a video has never been easier!

Cons

Nothing - it ticks all the boxes. If you want to add your own images and music background you will need a purchased software copy.

Deni

Why I use Lumen5

Reviewed on 23/9/2019

My social media followers love the videos! I've used them to promote special programs.

Pros

The results. I love creating the videos of different lengths and looks. It allows me to repurpose content quickly and easily.

Cons

Sometimes it seems difficult to change the text I'm working with. Sometimes it seems difficult to change or restructure the slides.

Camille

The time it takes to create a simple text-based videos in Lumen5 is just amazing

Reviewed on 28/4/2018

Pros

Currently subscribed to their Lumen Pro for a year.

Here's my pros:
- auto create videos based on my blog posts.
- have unlimited videos per month
- can export in 720p
- no branding

Cons

- Not that cheap
- Sometimes the wrong image gets recommended.
- The rendering is slow at times.

Joe

Just an okay product...

Reviewed on 5/2/2020

There is a great need in the marketing/advertising industry for a tool like this but Lumen5 just comes up short in a few areas. I did not find this tool easy to use at all. It's a great concept but I was unable to produce an end product that I was happy with.

Pros

I like their concept of having an easy way for a non-techy person to be able to create a video using templates.

Cons

I found this software to be non-user-friendly and difficult to use. I was not able to produce a well-done video using this tool. It was not intuitive.

Adobe Creative Cloud Express