Vyond

Progyamita "Reema"
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

Bring your stories to life

Reviewed on 13/4/2021

Pros

We learn better when we can make a connection. Digital storytelling with Vyond is at its best. During my tenure at a previous job, I used it to create small stories of discrimination that were easy for the learners to resonate with rather than reading a scenario. I have used Vyond to demonstrate how functions like how does the web works? No matter what your end goal is, Vyond brings it to life. Gives the content meaning and ease of understanding for the learners.

Cons

As much as I love the fact there is no installation needed to get started with Vyond, but at times I think the speed of the internet (especially when we are all working from home) creates a few hiccups at times.

Karen
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Go Vyond with your Video

Reviewed on 13/4/2021

We develop learning solutions for our company so we include many videos in our eLearning courses. We also use Vyond for informational or step-by-step videos to broadcast information or as on-demand learning.

Pros

Integrating this into our business needs was easy and I appreciate that Vyond is constantly updating the characters, locations, and slide templates. Rarely am I unable to find something specific that I need to tell the story. I also really like the templates that Vyond has on their blog; if I need a quick video, they can be super helpful. Overall, the product is easy to use for simple videos that look fancy.

Cons

It would be nice to have more editing features or simple animations that are in place. I find the pricing very high, so I always have to plan my videos around the giant Vyond logo in the corner. I also wish I could create GIFs with the lowest pricing plan - it seems like a simple tool that should not cost extra.

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for your review and feedback, Karen. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected].

yvonne
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Transforming Learning with Fun Videos

Reviewed on 14/4/2021

I love the tool and have shown several others the benefits of creating your own videos and the ability to share your knowledge quickly.

Pros

The software is web based and I can use it anywhere. It is also intuitive you can learn the tool without a lot of training.

Cons

There are some movement limitations in creating your videos. For example if you want to add movement the character agility is somewhat stiff. Also, from time to time there are technical issues such as frequent reloading, freezing or static in the recording.

A one-stop shop for all your video creation needs!

Reviewed on 22/3/2022

This cloud-based platform has made my profile stronger because I have upskilled myself in animation. Within 2-3 days I was accustomed with the tool and the features, which it offered. I have become a fan of this software because of its smart design thinking with a variety of templates, music, and props to offer.

Pros

Although there are two to three competitors who has similar features, but what stands out for Vyond is the smart design, which is intuitive and the user-friendly platform enables anyone to quickly learn within 2-3 days. There are plenty of templates to choose from plus there is a library of props, music, and text to speech features. The most standout feature for me is the camera angle for panning and zooming.

Cons

If there could be an option for object morphing something like square to rectangle using camera angle it would be great. If 3D objects can be rotated and if there is an option to modify color of all the props then it will make Vyond more robust and competitive.

Great Tool For Attractive Animations

Reviewed on 5/9/2019

I have enjoyed making videos with Vyond, am very happy with the options available, and I have been able to present the videos I've wanted to make, not just 'settle' for some subpar options. Kudos to the software for providing as much customization as it does.

Pros

It is very simple to set a scene, and create animation that looks far more difficult to pull off than it is. It creates very dynamic scene possibilities that help get our message across in an attractive manner.

Cons

Sometimes getting a quick playback of scenes to check syncing without rendering out the entire video made the process longer than I would have liked, but over all it was still a good experience.

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for the review! We are happy to know you're enjoying Vyond. Feel free to reach out anytime to [email protected] or use our chat feature on the lower-left corner of our site. We will look into any issue, like a slowdown, and will work on improving overall performance for you.

Muhammad Hassan
Muhammad Hassan

Make Marketing Videos within a minute with readymade templates

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

Overall experience was good, similar to lots of other software we used already like videezy, videvo, animaker and some other apps on Playstore.
Still Vyond is a good software because it gives you ability to create animated as well as stock and white board animated Videos, whereas other softwares doesn't have both or all three options. I would suggest it to someone who has less time and budget to hire someone for video ads etc.

Pros

I've created 2 video ads for my Facebook ads campaign and it took me few minutes to just put text in ready made templates and good to go. We can select ratio before selection of templates to ensure where we're going to use it.
We can add voiceover, text, images, stock Videos etc.
You get 14 days free trial to try out some of the features.
You can create whiteboard, animated or stock footage based videos.
Customer support is very cooperative and listen to the feedback.

Cons

There is everything an online video editor can offer. But limited to templates and Videos you can add.
$39 which is quite expensive for non-regular user. They even charge you renewal fee without any prior notice.
There are same few characters that we can use each time, there should be more choice for characters.
If you pay $39 for basic membership you still get 720p which isn't fair man, we're paying money.

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for your review. Please feel free to share your thoughts with us anytime at [email protected].

Deborah
Deborah
  • Industry: Information Services

Vyond for your Presentations

Reviewed on 6/1/2022

Pros

I LOVE using Vyond. It allows me to create videos easily and quickly. I can animate on-screen characters easily and the software allows me to use a text-to-screen dialog that will animate the characters so it looks like the characters are speaking. In addition, support is great - I ask a question and get answers quickly.

Cons

Not being able to start a small scene in the middle as I create the video (that consists of a number of scenes). Being able to do so would allow me to adjust the dialog and animation a bit easier (no need to go through each scene again and again to adjust something towards the end).

Christian
Christian

A multi talent in visualisation

Reviewed on 13/4/2021

Pros

Vyond's game changer is its wealth of props

Cons

There is no offline version. If servers experience trouble, Vyond may not be accessible.

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for your review and feedback, Christian. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected].

Claudia
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great tool for training videos

Reviewed on 10/8/2019

Overall I think Vyond has brought more benefits to our company than what we could have imagined. It has decreased the training durations since we can now create videos for knowledge instead of instructor lead training sessions.

Pros

In our instructional design we have implemented media creation and this is a great tool for just that. We have been able to reduce training time by creating videos that transmit knowledge in less time. Our survey results show that people prefer learning this way and most important they really enjoy it.

Cons

The options to create personalized characters is awesome however I still believe that its missing some option to create more personalized characters. For example long hair for girls

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for your review and feedback. I've sent the feedback about hair length on to our product team. We update our product every three weeks and love to add what you need. If you ever have more additions to request, please connect with us directly at [email protected]

Umair

Best and Professional Online Animation Software

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

My overall experience with Vyond is really best, because I have created a lot of whiteboard animations for my client. My clients really like my work, because now I create animated videos exact according to the requirements of my clients.

Pros

Vyond is an incredibly professional online animation software that allows you to create beautiful animated videos according to your individual and business requirements. The tools and features of this software are really fantastic. You can create a professional animated video within few minutes, really amazing.

Cons

The features are really easy to use and understand, so anyone can learn and work on this software. I personally never found any issue during the use of this software, so for me it's amazing without any kind of cons.

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for your review. We are lucky to have you as a customer. Please feel free to connect with us anytime via email [email protected].

Cameron
  • Industry: Insurance

Vyond: Good for High-Volume E-Learning, Lots of Assets, Underwhelming Total Features

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

I couldn't do my job without Vyond and I would recommend other company's who create large volume of e-learning/training/marketing content use it for its simplicity. That being said, I think it's certainly not perfect and I hope they listen to the suggestions of its userbase.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and a new employee can be onboarded in using it in a day, although making truly professional quality content requires most esoteric training to make the templates look good. The UI is simple but effective and the volume of the assets (props, characters, backgrounds) is ever growing and sufficient for most situations (I personally create custom assets in Illustrator to supplement for my company's needs).

Cons

Some updates are made without sufficient quality testing, and I personally (as a standard user) have found software breaking bugs a few days after launch, only fixed after I provided a full bug report. I'm sure they have internal data that shows this is most profitable, but I think the focus on asset rollouts being "Business-Friendly" style is a mistake. Contemporary looks much, much more professional and is more viable for most of the work we do. The browser only aspect regularly crashes and slows way down, wish there was a downloadable software.

Response from GoAnimate

Cameron, thank you for your review and honesty about the bugs. Please feel free to share feedback with us anytime at [email protected] or post in our customer community https://vyond.force.com/community.

Robbi
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Quick wins for low cash outlay!

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

Vyond has been our authoring tool of choice for short, animated video clips to insert into eLearning modules, but we've also used it to create entire videos for system training (by importing screenshots and overlaying narration, etc.). It has several animation styles, which makes it versatile, and it's a fun tool with a shallow learning curve and a low price.

Pros

Vyond is a flexible, intuitive, easy-to-use platform for video creation. It offers many options to create both business and personal videos using a multitude of characters (including customized characters), backgrounds, and props - and is even better since they added voice synchronization. I was once asked to create a team intro video that contained elements like ever-multiplying flying turtles and a character bellydancing and singing Shakira, and Vyond made it possible. Not just any platform can handle a request like that for this price!

Cons

I love Vyond - but if there's anything missing, I'd say it could use a few more poses. Also, while it's possible to add and manipulate custom props and backgrounds, this can be an involved process.

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for your review, Robbi. What poses can we prioritize adding to make your work easier? Please feel free to share with us at [email protected].

Sara
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Create professional animations quickly

Reviewed on 13/4/2021

Vyond has been great for enhancing communication through various change initiatives. It's also a fun way to cover business processes. It's very easy to use if you have some basic video creation and editing experience. But it doesn't take too long to catch on, if you have no experience given the number of tutorials available from Vyond and through Youtube.

Pros

Vyond subscription comes with lots of assets, including characters with actions that you can sync to narration. There are also a number of templates to help you start your business animation quickly. The customer support is availalble and there are always webinars to help you fine tune your animations. I love that everything is contained in the cloud and that you can upload additional assets for use in your Vyond account or to share with your team account.

Cons

To improve the platform, I would add more sound editing features to Vyond. While you can sync audio to characters and connect it to scenes, editing from the timeline is cumbersome. At the very least, I would like to mark a spot in audio, so I know exactly the spot to cut rather than just estimating. But right now, 'undo' is heavily used when attempting to edit audio. As a bonus feature, it would be great if the robot voices for the text to speech were improved and would handle more text.

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for your review and feedback, Sara. We also appreciate your insight on improving our audio features. I'll share this with the team. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected].

Scott
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Review of Vyond

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

I love this tool and have promoted it broadly across my organization's various learning teams. We are a corporation of over 20+ employees globally. Our internal learners love the animation features and how easy it is to bring content on the page to life within our learning courses or via engaging communication videos.

Pros

The product is very easy to use and the provided templates give you a great starting point and are easily editable. It is great to see Vyond also constantly update templates, props, and characters and update features of the tool itself periodically to make it more user friendly.

Cons

The camera pan/zoom feature is extremely limited. Having the ability to customize the size of the zoom in window would greatly increase the customization of screen content. It is one of the most frustrating aspects of the tool. Also, the character editor, while neat, is lacking in many areas, especially with customizable hair styles and clothing options.

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for your review, Scott. I'll share your feedback with the product team about expanding the features of the camera zoom/pan tool. We love to hear from you any time you have feedback like this. Please feel free to connect with us at [email protected].

Andy
  • Used for 1+ year

Leveraging Vyond for soft skill training

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

Vyond has helped provide a different option for my trainers, as well as other staff across the company developing training materials. We've had staff reach out asking to create new videos because they saw a Vyond video and felt that it would be a great vehicle for their topic.

Pros

The ability to showcase or develop an e-learning based on a soft skill (e.g., presentation skills, communication skills, managing remote teams, etc.) without having to rely on static images or slides which was how we typically did this. The customizable avatars, scenes, and animated quality of the visuals bring a new dynamic to our company wide training pushes which has been receiving very positive reviews from staff.

Cons

There is not the ability to incorporate clicks or learner interaction with the video. Would be nice to incorporate a different output format (HTML5) where a user could interact with a quiz or a "choose your own adventure" type story.

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for your review, Andy. I'll share your feedback with the product team about interactivity and output formats. We love to hear from you any time you have feedback like this. Please feel free to connect with us at [email protected].

Carrie
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Can't imagine life without it

Reviewed on 13/4/2021

As a user, I love Vyond. It's fun and easy to learn. But more importantly my viewers (company employees) consistently love the end product. It makes out training so engaging!

Pros

Vyond is super easy to learn which makes it a great product for those who have little to no experience in video development. I love that as a creator you have the option to make things as complex or simple as you like. As I've grown my skills my videos have become more and more complex but some of my colleagues who are still new to the product create equally awesome videos with just the standard assets and templates provided.

Cons

Vyond can be tough to use on a small laptop screen. Some additional customizability for the layout would be great, but since the program is web-based and not downloaded, it's understandable that the functionality is lacking in that regard.

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for your review and feedback, Carrie. We also appreciate your insight desire to customize our interface. I'll share this with the team. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected].

Jennifer
  • Industry: Accounting

Video Tools

Reviewed on 18/5/2021

I have been able to create videos quickly and easily for multiple clients.

I have been able to create videos quickly and easily for multiple clients.

Diversity of characters

Cons

It would be great if the application included a screen capture tool.

Julia

Best choice for avatar based explainer videos

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

We use the product to create explainer videos for courses we create. We love it and it really engages the audience!

Pros

No steep knowledge curve. Very easy to learn. Some fantastic tutorials on the website as well as templates to use for new users.

Cons

Automatic closed captioning for the videos would be a bonus with a way to edit the CC afterwards right in the program.

PowToon

Reasons for Switching to Vyond

We purchased both

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for your review, Julia. I've shared your wish for automated and editable CC with our product team. Please feel free to send more feedback to us at [email protected].

Thomas

Useful to a limited extent

Reviewed on 18/5/2021

Pros

Easy to create custom characters and place them into scenes. Contemporary graphics fit acceptable art style for internal use.

Cons

The Contemporary set rarely if ever gets any updates and has only has one body style. It seems that all of the updates are for the "business friendly" set, which looks dated and unprofessional.

There is no easy way to get high quality stills. Scenes downloaded as images are in reduced quality. This means that a user must generate and download a 1080P movie file and then open it in photoshop to extract an acceptable still in PNG format.

DONTENVILLE

Vyond

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

Pros

Vyond is ideally the tool that allows me to respond to almost any request from my clients. From the simple image or gif, to full motion design learning, through advertising, Vyond allows me to respect the complete graphic charter of the customers (import of typography, logo colors and choice of avatars created)

Cons

The user interface in lignes is less practice than the old one

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for your review. I'll share your feedback with the product team. We love to hear from you any time you have feedback like this. Please feel free to connect with us at [email protected].

Tina
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Step up your training to a higher level!

Reviewed on 13/4/2021

I attempt to take all the trainings offered by Vyond to step up my game! Customer service has always (and I do mean always) have responded quickly and with the assistance that I need. I truly recommend this software - you will not be disappointed.

Pros

When I first started in my position, the training for our end-users was very minimal. Since we deployed Vyond as part of our training - we have been able to provide quick and easy "How To" videos that provide them exactly what they need in a fun way to learn.

Cons

I really haven't found any at this time. I love this software!

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for your review, Tina. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected].

Dip

Perfect tool for our businesses that help in making interactive and animated video with zero...

Reviewed on 10/9/2022

Vyond is a video platform that allows us to create, edit and then share video stories with our audience. Vyond is the perfect tool for businesses looking to create animated, interactive videos without any technical skills or expensive software. Whether you are an individual or a business, you can use Vyond to add an extra dimension of interactivity to your videos and engage your audience.

Pros

working with Vyond has helped us to build a brand of our own, as well as identify and define how we want to be seen through an eye-catching animation videos. The platform has helped us to create a unique brand and visual style for our content, and we look forward to continuing to grow our brand through the platform.

Cons

Vyond is a highly intuitive platform that enables us to create animated videos, explainer videos, whiteboard videos, and more.

Greg

Vyond for healthcare EDU

Reviewed on 18/5/2021

Overall, I have a good experience with Vyond. I design educational videos by creating funny characters in an ongoing series or a serious video that is impactful. I've created videos on the same topic in different genres.

Pros

Vyond allows customization of characters and scenes which allow me to address a specific topic in a variety of ways.

Cons

For my purposes, I would like to have additional healthcare scenes and character clothing and accessories.
Also, something that is annoying - the only way to paste text or an asset is to ctrl+v. I can right click to copy, I don't understand why I can't paste that way as other programs do.

Michelle
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Taking training to a new level

Reviewed on 24/9/2020

We are using Vyond for human services and non-profit services. We have already used Vyond to create tutorials for new software that staff have to use. We plan to use this to train on policies for greater impact and memory retention. We also plan to create videos to use to supplement virtual classes for our clients.

Pros

I love that this software allows me (non-graphic-design-inclined) to create engaging and creative videos to train staff in a way that has more impact and memory retention than documents, emails or PowerPoint trainings. Without attending a tutorial, I was able to create a video with animations, voice-over audio and music. The software is very intuitive. For any unclear features, they use their own tool to create short informational videos to answer help topics.

Cons

I wish there was a way to create an animation path in a curve or other non-straight line. The template library is vast, however, there were still some needs that I had which I had to manually create. Hopefully they continue to grow this library as users increase.

Response from GoAnimate

Hi Michelle, Thank you for your review.

Good news curved motion paths will be here soon.

We'd also like to hear what props, clothing & actions you need us to add. We update the product every three weeks and love to add exactly what you need.

You can send suggestions to us via email [email protected] or log in to our community and add your requests there: https://vyond.force.com/community

Vishwas

Vivify Solutions

Good

Good

Pros

it is Easy to use and time saving. can be used for low budget projects.

Cons

Lack of Indian assets and price it expensive.

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for your review and feedback, Vishwas. I will share with the team to prioritize adding more Indian assets. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected].