Vyond

Video making platform for businesses

4.4/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.6/5

Deborah
  • Industry: Information Services

Vyond for your Presentations

Reviewed on 6/1/2022

Pros

I LOVE using Vyond. It allows me to create videos easily and quickly. I can animate on-screen characters easily and the software allows me to use a text-to-screen dialog that will animate the characters so it looks like the characters are speaking. In addition, support is great - I ask a question and get answers quickly.

Cons

Not being able to start a small scene in the middle as I create the video (that consists of a number of scenes). Being able to do so would allow me to adjust the dialog and animation a bit easier (no need to go through each scene again and again to adjust something towards the end).

Monica
  • Industry: Judiciary

User friendly, wide usage

Reviewed on 13/4/2021

Very good. Been a customer for a few years and intend to stick with this company as it grows.

Pros

Vyond is relatively easy to use and has templates, props, and scenes to suit most circumstances.

Cons

Certain professions, sports, hobbies, and scenes, if included, will easily make this a far more superior tool. For example, I couldn’t find characters or costumes for a dance scene I needed. I had wanted to illustrate stress relieve hobbies people can pick up during quarantine like sewing, but not available. Also I am not sure why there’s no “talk HAPPY but no lip sync” option.

Response from Vyond

Thank you for your review and feedback, Monica. What professions, sports, hobbies, and scenes can we prioritize adding to make your work easier? Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

yvonne
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Transforming Learning with Fun Videos

Reviewed on 14/4/2021

I love the tool and have shown several others the benefits of creating your own videos and the ability to share your knowledge quickly.

Pros

The software is web based and I can use it anywhere. It is also intuitive you can learn the tool without a lot of training.

Cons

There are some movement limitations in creating your videos. For example if you want to add movement the character agility is somewhat stiff. Also, from time to time there are technical issues such as frequent reloading, freezing or static in the recording.

Jennifer

Love this software!

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

The benefits are so many with this platform - fun, creative, engaging content can be creative for multiple audiences. I use it to create an image, gifs, AND videos. There are so many purposes! The templates are helpful and can easily be modified.

Pros

Vyond makes it easy to create images, gifs, AND videos that support employee engagement initiatives and of course for all types of training. I am able to create fun, informative graphics and videos that enhance the training the develop.

Cons

As a one person L & D department, I would like the ability to create contemporary characters. It's only available on the Professional platform and I'd really like to see it as an option on the Premium option. I don't need a scalable, teams platform as I am a one person team!

Reasons for Switching to Vyond

The ability to create animated videos with character actions - not just animated powerpoints or slides.

Response from Vyond

Thank you for your review. We are lucky to have you as a customer and we appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to connect with us anytime via email [email protected] or in our customer community https://vyond.force.com/community.

Chia-Wen
  • Industry: Think Tanks

Vyond is so fantastic in producing professional but interesting video

Reviewed on 13/4/2021

Vyond is an easy-using platform. Even though I do not have any animation background, I can still learn and use Vyond to produce professional videos in a short period of time.

Pros

Vyond provides lots of templates for users, so I can easily construct my ideas through these templates, then customized them to fit my demand. Besides, I can also make my personal characters with different styles, and use the character to represent me since I am not comfortable with camera. Last but not least, the interface is quite easy to understand and use.

Cons

Since my company is Taiwanese reseller team, sometimes I have to hold a seminar to teach HR how to use Vyond. However, because the link-sharing function is locked for free trial account, so they cannot share their work with other colleagues, or present their work to boss. Moreover, sometimes the sharing link is not workable on mobile, so this situation might keep some people from buying Vyond.

Reasons for Switching to Vyond

Abundant templates and attractive functions (such as movements and facial expression)

Response from Vyond

Thank you for your review and feedback, Chia-Wen. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

A one-stop shop for all your video creation needs!

Reviewed on 22/3/2022

This cloud-based platform has made my profile stronger because I have upskilled myself in animation. Within 2-3 days I was accustomed with the tool and the features, which it offered. I have become a fan of this software because of its smart design thinking with a variety of templates, music, and props to offer.

Pros

Although there are two to three competitors who has similar features, but what stands out for Vyond is the smart design, which is intuitive and the user-friendly platform enables anyone to quickly learn within 2-3 days. There are plenty of templates to choose from plus there is a library of props, music, and text to speech features. The most standout feature for me is the camera angle for panning and zooming.

Cons

If there could be an option for object morphing something like square to rectangle using camera angle it would be great. If 3D objects can be rotated and if there is an option to modify color of all the props then it will make Vyond more robust and competitive.

Dip

Perfect tool for our businesses that help in making interactive and animated video with zero...

Reviewed on 10/9/2022

Vyond is a video platform that allows us to create, edit and then share video stories with our audience. Vyond is the perfect tool for businesses looking to create animated, interactive videos without any technical skills or expensive software. Whether you are an individual or a business, you can use Vyond to add an extra dimension of interactivity to your videos and engage your audience.

Pros

working with Vyond has helped us to build a brand of our own, as well as identify and define how we want to be seen through an eye-catching animation videos. The platform has helped us to create a unique brand and visual style for our content, and we look forward to continuing to grow our brand through the platform.

Cons

Vyond is a highly intuitive platform that enables us to create animated videos, explainer videos, whiteboard videos, and more.

Cheryl

I enjoy using Vyond so much that I used it for my Father's Celebration of Life Video!

Reviewed on 27/4/2021

I've enjoyed using Vyond over the last 18 months. I've created personal videos, portfolio showcase videos, and videos for clients. It's user-friendly and makes a great asset for eLearning modules as it engages learners. If the commercial fee was removed then I would use it a lot more. It seems nuts to pay $100 each time you want to share the files with a client. Follow Articulate's lead (Storyline 360 and Rise) and let us share without the fee. You'll see much more use by waiving the fee. Otherwise, it's one of my fave authoring tools!

Pros

Vyond is user-friendly and easy to create videos for both personal projects and eLearning modules. I also love the free Storytelling tour with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and use his tips when creating Vyond videos.

Cons

I'd love it if we could create our own characters, import different music and NOT pay the fee for commercial use per video. We already pay the licensing fee - it should be enough - similar to what Articulate does for us.

Progyamita "Reema"
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

Bring your stories to life

Reviewed on 13/4/2021

Pros

We learn better when we can make a connection. Digital storytelling with Vyond is at its best. During my tenure at a previous job, I used it to create small stories of discrimination that were easy for the learners to resonate with rather than reading a scenario. I have used Vyond to demonstrate how functions like how does the web works? No matter what your end goal is, Vyond brings it to life. Gives the content meaning and ease of understanding for the learners.

Cons

As much as I love the fact there is no installation needed to get started with Vyond, but at times I think the speed of the internet (especially when we are all working from home) creates a few hiccups at times.

Christian

A multi talent in visualisation

Reviewed on 13/4/2021

Pros

Vyond's game changer is its wealth of props

Cons

There is no offline version. If servers experience trouble, Vyond may not be accessible.

Response from Vyond

Thank you for your review and feedback, Christian. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Cameron
  • Industry: Insurance

Vyond: Good for High-Volume E-Learning, Lots of Assets, Underwhelming Total Features

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

I couldn't do my job without Vyond and I would recommend other company's who create large volume of e-learning/training/marketing content use it for its simplicity. That being said, I think it's certainly not perfect and I hope they listen to the suggestions of its userbase.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and a new employee can be onboarded in using it in a day, although making truly professional quality content requires most esoteric training to make the templates look good. The UI is simple but effective and the volume of the assets (props, characters, backgrounds) is ever growing and sufficient for most situations (I personally create custom assets in Illustrator to supplement for my company's needs).

Cons

Some updates are made without sufficient quality testing, and I personally (as a standard user) have found software breaking bugs a few days after launch, only fixed after I provided a full bug report. I'm sure they have internal data that shows this is most profitable, but I think the focus on asset rollouts being "Business-Friendly" style is a mistake. Contemporary looks much, much more professional and is more viable for most of the work we do. The browser only aspect regularly crashes and slows way down, wish there was a downloadable software.

Response from Vyond

Cameron, thank you for your review and honesty about the bugs. Please feel free to share feedback with us anytime at [email protected] or post in our customer community https://vyond.force.com/community.

Robbi
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Quick wins for low cash outlay!

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

Vyond has been our authoring tool of choice for short, animated video clips to insert into eLearning modules, but we've also used it to create entire videos for system training (by importing screenshots and overlaying narration, etc.). It has several animation styles, which makes it versatile, and it's a fun tool with a shallow learning curve and a low price.

Pros

Vyond is a flexible, intuitive, easy-to-use platform for video creation. It offers many options to create both business and personal videos using a multitude of characters (including customized characters), backgrounds, and props - and is even better since they added voice synchronization. I was once asked to create a team intro video that contained elements like ever-multiplying flying turtles and a character bellydancing and singing Shakira, and Vyond made it possible. Not just any platform can handle a request like that for this price!

Cons

I love Vyond - but if there's anything missing, I'd say it could use a few more poses. Also, while it's possible to add and manipulate custom props and backgrounds, this can be an involved process.

Response from Vyond

Thank you for your review, Robbi. What poses can we prioritize adding to make your work easier? Please feel free to share with us at [email protected]

Sara
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Create professional animations quickly

Reviewed on 13/4/2021

Vyond has been great for enhancing communication through various change initiatives. It's also a fun way to cover business processes. It's very easy to use if you have some basic video creation and editing experience. But it doesn't take too long to catch on, if you have no experience given the number of tutorials available from Vyond and through Youtube.

Pros

Vyond subscription comes with lots of assets, including characters with actions that you can sync to narration. There are also a number of templates to help you start your business animation quickly. The customer support is availalble and there are always webinars to help you fine tune your animations. I love that everything is contained in the cloud and that you can upload additional assets for use in your Vyond account or to share with your team account.

Cons

To improve the platform, I would add more sound editing features to Vyond. While you can sync audio to characters and connect it to scenes, editing from the timeline is cumbersome. At the very least, I would like to mark a spot in audio, so I know exactly the spot to cut rather than just estimating. But right now, 'undo' is heavily used when attempting to edit audio. As a bonus feature, it would be great if the robot voices for the text to speech were improved and would handle more text.

Response from Vyond

Thank you for your review and feedback, Sara. We also appreciate your insight on improving our audio features. I'll share this with the team. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Scott
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Review of Vyond

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

I love this tool and have promoted it broadly across my organization's various learning teams. We are a corporation of over 20+ employees globally. Our internal learners love the animation features and how easy it is to bring content on the page to life within our learning courses or via engaging communication videos.

Pros

The product is very easy to use and the provided templates give you a great starting point and are easily editable. It is great to see Vyond also constantly update templates, props, and characters and update features of the tool itself periodically to make it more user friendly.

Cons

The camera pan/zoom feature is extremely limited. Having the ability to customize the size of the zoom in window would greatly increase the customization of screen content. It is one of the most frustrating aspects of the tool. Also, the character editor, while neat, is lacking in many areas, especially with customizable hair styles and clothing options.

Response from Vyond

Thank you for your review, Scott. I'll share your feedback with the product team about expanding the features of the camera zoom/pan tool. We love to hear from you any time you have feedback like this. Please feel free to connect with us at [email protected]

Andy
  • Used for 1+ year

Leveraging Vyond for soft skill training

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

Vyond has helped provide a different option for my trainers, as well as other staff across the company developing training materials. We've had staff reach out asking to create new videos because they saw a Vyond video and felt that it would be a great vehicle for their topic.

Pros

The ability to showcase or develop an e-learning based on a soft skill (e.g., presentation skills, communication skills, managing remote teams, etc.) without having to rely on static images or slides which was how we typically did this. The customizable avatars, scenes, and animated quality of the visuals bring a new dynamic to our company wide training pushes which has been receiving very positive reviews from staff.

Cons

There is not the ability to incorporate clicks or learner interaction with the video. Would be nice to incorporate a different output format (HTML5) where a user could interact with a quiz or a "choose your own adventure" type story.

Response from Vyond

Thank you for your review, Andy. I'll share your feedback with the product team about interactivity and output formats. We love to hear from you any time you have feedback like this. Please feel free to connect with us at [email protected]

Carrie
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Can't imagine life without it

Reviewed on 13/4/2021

As a user, I love Vyond. It's fun and easy to learn. But more importantly my viewers (company employees) consistently love the end product. It makes out training so engaging!

Pros

Vyond is super easy to learn which makes it a great product for those who have little to no experience in video development. I love that as a creator you have the option to make things as complex or simple as you like. As I've grown my skills my videos have become more and more complex but some of my colleagues who are still new to the product create equally awesome videos with just the standard assets and templates provided.

Cons

Vyond can be tough to use on a small laptop screen. Some additional customizability for the layout would be great, but since the program is web-based and not downloaded, it's understandable that the functionality is lacking in that regard.

Response from Vyond

Thank you for your review and feedback, Carrie. We also appreciate your insight desire to customize our interface. I'll share this with the team. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Jennifer
  • Industry: Accounting

Video Tools

Reviewed on 18/5/2021

I have been able to create videos quickly and easily for multiple clients.

Diversity of characters

Cons

It would be great if the application included a screen capture tool.

Julia

Best choice for avatar based explainer videos

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

We use the product to create explainer videos for courses we create. We love it and it really engages the audience!

Pros

No steep knowledge curve. Very easy to learn. Some fantastic tutorials on the website as well as templates to use for new users.

Cons

Automatic closed captioning for the videos would be a bonus with a way to edit the CC afterwards right in the program.

We purchased both

Response from Vyond

Thank you for your review, Julia. I've shared your wish for automated and editable CC with our product team. Please feel free to send more feedback to us at [email protected]

Mario

Keeps getting better!

Reviewed on 13/4/2021

Whenever I can, I'm using Vyond. If I need a still, a GIF, or a full out video, I always go straight for it. We've got several other tools and I like having them as options, but between Vyond's ease of use, constant improvements, and customizability of characters and props, I don't plan on switching to a competitor any time soon.

Pros

I love Vyond's efforts in constantly improving. Every time I see something that I could use if it was available, they roll out an update that addresses the issue. The fact that the updates are pretty massive is also helpful and shows that they're attentive to customer needs.

Cons

Initially, I didn't like the limitations on controlling movement, but there have been some great strides taken to improve this functionality. I'd still love to see some more improvements, maybe a better/faster way to allow for character transition within a scene rather than only relying on scene cuts, but that's getting knit picky.

Joanna
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Love creating learning experiences in Vyond

Reviewed on 14/4/2021

Pros

I love that we can make characters of real people to go into the videos. Then they can guide learners through the topic through narration, and many will recognize the voice and the face - along with the trusted source of the information.

I also like the way you can easily create stories using the templates. I was able to create a couple minute story very quickly, writing part of the story based on the templates that were available and then making modifications to fit what I needed.

Finally, I love the camera movement abilities, to really direct learners through the video.

Cons

It would be great it there was a better ability to show a list of all assets in a scene. It seems to only show some in the timeline.

The other con I had - functions for alignment and distribution - was just added as features.

Ana

Vyond makes the animation process more democratic!

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

Vyond is my go-to product whenever I have to create video content. My learners love the videos and always ask for more. Everyone at Vyond is amazing. From their Customer Service to the support team - everyone is incredible and super responsive.

Pros

As an instructional designer, I'm always searching for new and exciting ways to share knowledge and ensure it sticks to my learners. Videos are a great way to revisit certain concepts and reinforce them to students. But video creation (specially animation) is expensive, and most software for video creation have a steep learning curve to become proficient. Vyond democratized the process with their simple and easy-to-use player and templates. In addition, Vyond provides hundreds of highly customizable assets, which does not require a lot of asset creation outside the tool.

Cons

Working for a Global company, a lot of the videos I produce will be deployed to our international marketplaces as well. Vyond does not have a robust translation feature to help make the content creation more global.

Response from Vyond

Thank you for your review, Ana. I don't have a firm date to give you yet but a translation feature is in the works. Please feel free to share your ideas or comments with us at [email protected]

Great Tool For Attractive Animations

Reviewed on 5/9/2019

I have enjoyed making videos with Vyond, am very happy with the options available, and I have been able to present the videos I've wanted to make, not just 'settle' for some subpar options. Kudos to the software for providing as much customization as it does.

Pros

It is very simple to set a scene, and create animation that looks far more difficult to pull off than it is. It creates very dynamic scene possibilities that help get our message across in an attractive manner.

Cons

Sometimes getting a quick playback of scenes to check syncing without rendering out the entire video made the process longer than I would have liked, but over all it was still a good experience.

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for the review! We are happy to know you're enjoying Vyond. Feel free to reach out anytime to [email protected] or use our chat feature on the lower-left corner of our site. We will look into any issue, like a slowdown, and will work on improving overall performance for you.

Brianne
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

Pros

Ability to customize designs, characters, backgrounds, and sound mixing. The program can be used to suit a multitude of needs and can be integrated with other video production software.

Cons

Some limitations for the animation for character movements. Updates are done based on themes so there are many niche movements but some more common ones are not available.

Response from Vyond

Thank you for your review, Brianne. What kinds of backgrounds, props, poses, or actions can we add to make your work easier? Please feel free to share with us at [email protected]

Vishwas

Vivify Solutions

Good

Pros

it is Easy to use and time saving. can be used for low budget projects.

Cons

Lack of Indian assets and price it expensive.

Response from Vyond

Thank you for your review and feedback, Vishwas. I will share with the team to prioritize adding more Indian assets. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

David
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Simple to use tool

Reviewed on 24/7/2021

Vyond is such a great animation tool. I would highly recommend this to anyone that is wanting to create more engaging content.

Pros

The library of animation actions that is available in Vyond is amazing. The character customisation also allows you to build animated characters that resemble anyone you choose. I use this software to produce videos for my clients and when they see the animated versions of themselves, they always have a good laugh.

Cons

Depending on the length of the animation, it may take some time to convert. The end result is definitely worth the wait though!