RetailEdge

Point of sale & inventory management solution for retailers

4.8/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
4.8/5

Eric M.

We have been using RE since 2007 and have been very happy overall.

Reviewed on 2/11/2017

It's an effective way for us to manage our inventory and reports with out a high cost. I do wish there were a userface update to be more "modern" and the ability to look up customers who haven't been here since, say, 2015.

More in depth reporting can be beneficial as well.

Pros

The affordability is nice, compared to others that I've shopped around for. We purchased our setup in 2007 and we have since added to it, and have a total of three key FOB's (2 machines, 1 backup) for our business.

I can operate the system in my sleep because I'm familiar w/ it, which makes it very hard to consider changing to another system. After digging into the features I was looking for, I found that with a modest purchase, RE can do everything that I want and need it to do.

Cons

I have asked for some features over the years that seem simple and would be useful for the wide variety of customers as well. However, I think my biggest dislike is the inability to get a beep when a negative item is scanned and we're not looking at the screen.

Example: We sell canned cat foods, and often times, we sell 24-72 of them at a time. Most of these cans have to be scanned at least once. Errors happen, and if our inventory is off or the items have arrived before being put in, there will be a negative. If you aren't looking at the screen, you'll simply not see the "are you sure" notification, which another scan of a can hits "ok"

We have trained ourself for the most part, but it would still be nice to have an alert.

Paul B.

RetailEdge is awesome

Reviewed on 18/5/2022

I would recommend RetailEdge to any store that is getting started because it is affordable and the IT team is able to speak in terms that is understandable.

Pros

I have used RetailEdge for 4 years now and I love having the gold level which is very inexpensive. I know I can call them and get any question answered usually within an hour.

Cons

I wish there was a training manual that I could download with the basics for my employees for returns, exchanges, gift cards, entering inventory, etc.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hello Paul, thank you for your review! There is an online training manual for all things RetailEdge. just go to www.retailedge.com/help. We also have a YouTube series with basic training video tutorials. Thanks again!

Jonathon S.
  • Industry: Tobacco

retail edge!

Reviewed on 5/1/2022

using it for over two years and I regret buying 52 times a year. gold member , waist of money, I wish they would listen to their costumers business needs when they do an update.

Pros

nothing at all , this is a waist of TIME and money.

Cons

I just have cons
time consuming , even when utilize excel to reduce time editing, adding and editing inventory, this is not for a small business ,on the other hand absolutely horrible for large business with large inventory
if you have a small inventory business i.e. less than 500 items, this software is okay !!!

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Jonathon,

Thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us do better. We are sorry you had a frustrating experience. We understand the Gold Support plan may not be the right fit for everyone, so we removed you from the it and refunded you for the month of January.

We have reached out to you several times to set up a one-on-one remote training session with one of our sales staff. Please email us at [email protected] or give us a call. We hope to resolve these issues with you and meet your expectations.

-RetailEdge

Marilyn H.

The great service I received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Reviewed on 15/3/2022

Pros

keeping track of inventory, faster sales

Cons

Hard to figure out making reports, easy to change prices

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Marilyn,
Thank you for your review! If you don't like that it is easy to change prices, you can set up security in RetailEdge that only allows clerks with certain security levels access to actions like changing prices. Check out our video tutorials on that here: https://bit.ly/364WZum
And if you ever need help with reports, don't hesitate to call or email us!

Kk H.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Old Dog, New Tricks

Reviewed on 18/5/2022

My overall experience has been GREAT. I appreciate the time the sales dept spent helping me upload customers and inventory. Customer service is pretty quick to return calls and emails if I have questions.

Pros

I like that the program is user friendly. I'm older and not very tech savvy and was able to pick this program up and use it without too much training. I still have LOTS to learn as I have only had the program about 10 months, but the basic operations are simple.

Cons

I'm still working to understand the use of a matrix. Because I am in the apparel industry, we have MANY colors and sometimes the Matrix is too limiting.
Would like to have a longer period to train on they software. Maybe several hours over several months. If I remember correctly, only 1 hour was provided with purchase.

David S.

You need this for small business.

Reviewed on 13/5/2022

Great support services. Always eager to help and knowledge staff.

Pros

Was able to import 120000 items from my old inventory to the new Retail Edge system. Daily sale quick and easy.

Cons

Would like to have 2 open sales screens at one time while customers make up their minds on what they want.

Jennifer K.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Happy user for 7+ years

Reviewed on 12/5/2022

RE was purchased about 20 years ago when the business first opened, and I have been here for about 7 years. RE is easy to use, easy to understand, easy to make adjustments as the business grows. Customer service has been great, even though we are on the freebie plan, and they are responsive to my emails as I've grown into the managerial role and my responsibilities have increased.

Pros

I like that RE is all we need for inventory management, POS, reports, etc. It's easy to use, even for new hires, and easy for me as a manager to adjust as needs change.

Cons

I can't think of any cons, because it does everything we need it to.

Steven A.

Long time customer

Reviewed on 12/5/2022

Pros

The software is easy to use, there aren't any features I'd like in a POS system that are missing. In fact there are features in RE that I don't use that make me want to try them out just because I have this access to them.

Cons

I have reported a bug five years ago and it still hasn't been fixed. Support looked at it with me and said I was the only person that had reported that issue and that they'd work on it but yearssssss later the bug is still there!

Vickie B.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Ottawa PC Repair, Office Manager

Reviewed on 12/5/2022

Pros

Ability to do everything I need a POS software to do.

Cons

Using the report drop down boxes. I have to bring up sales 3 times before I get to the list I need. Also the boxes on my large screen are too small or too big and off the screen.

Psych E.

Retail Software

Reviewed on 12/5/2022

I get almost everything I need from this software, I recommend it to others also

Pros

Everything works well and I do not regret purchasing

Cons

I should be able to put in what figures I want for discount.
The programmme should be accessible from my tablet

Kaitlyn H.

Retail Edge is great for my business!

Reviewed on 18/5/2021

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was great helping set up the software, training me on how to enter inventory and use it for everyday use. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was also great along the way answering all my questions and helped us order our gift cards, which we love! The technical support team has been amazing and is always eager to help! They even find problems before you do. Everyone I have come in contact with has been friendly and helpful. I can't say enough great things about this software and how amazing it has been for my retail store. I implemented Retail Edge from day 1 and I am so happy I did! Especially with the pandemic. If I did not have the seamless integrated with Shopify, I can't say I would still be open today. That really saved me and kept customers thinking about my store! I can't say enough good things about Retail Edge!!

Pros

Retail Edge is so easy to use! The checkout process is straightforward and hard to make a mistake. The integration with Shopify is great for my business because I have the same inventory instore and online. The reporting is amazing to help analyze my business. The gift cards Retail Edge offers are nice to offer to customers and easy to use when checking out. The purchase order section is great for retail because you can easily see what hasn't come in and what you should cancel. I also like that the Retail Edge team is constantly updating the software and staying up to date so you don't have to. I have used most features that Retail Edge offers and I love most of them!

Cons

I love so much about this software but if I had to change anything it would be to make the security feature easier to use. I want to be able to lock the sales manager so employees can not see how much money is made, which you can do, but every time I lock it, I mess something else up. Also, one thing I have run into with the online integration is when people buy gift cards in store and want to use them online and vice versa. If there was some way to make gift cards able to use both instore and online, that would be awesome! So, just making those things easier would be so helpful and make this software perfect for my business!

Clover, Lightspeed Retail and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to RetailEdge

Retail Edge had the best options for my business, at the best prices. When shopping around, I constantly came back to Retail Edge and ultimately realized it was the best. The integrated with Shopify was a huge draw for me because I need both instore and online, and I did not want to have two separate inventories. I talked to other retail store owners that had Retail Edge and heard great things from them so that drew me in as well. Ultimately, Retail Edge had a great software, at a great price, with the features I needed most for my business. It was an easy choice!!
Shana W.

Smokey Shay’s review

Reviewed on 13/5/2021

I have had nothing but positive interactions with the customer service department of retail edge everything has been incredibly smooth and very easy to use

Pros

The register system is user-friendly and easy to teach new employees to use, if and when we ever have a problem retail edge customer service is very easy to use and they solve all problems in about 30 minutes or less… But problems are few and far between over the last 10 years of using this system

Cons

The only issue I have had over the last 10 years as if an employee accidentally deletes a listing with the barcode still in the listing retail edge remembers that barcode and we do have an issue with having the “this item has been deleted” error message... I have found an easy work around by putting the barcode into the stock number field so that this error message does not happen

Dale R.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 14/5/2021

Oh! This has been a great experience for managing inventory and for processing sales in a professional manner. Both for the customer and cashier's experience.

Pros

I like that I have the option of Free email tech support and that updates are reasonably priced via the bronze package. The replies are always courteous and helpful. Plus, I know that I have the paid one off tech support service which I used once due to the urgency of the issue. I can't complain about the actual software because I am extremely satisfied.

Cons

I wish that I could refund a store credit via cash instead of only being able to apply it to an invoice. Sometimes, I need to refund a customer their store credit and I have to do lots of work arounds.

It would be nicer to have a totally revamped discount system. I find creating promotions and renewing them tedious. The options are adequate, but the interface is not user-friendly for regular changes... it just needs to be an easier faster process for the person inputting the promotions. Again, possibly a total revamp instead of updates. Maybe an up-loadable spread sheet would be an option as there are sometimes so many items to create promotions for that my ability to create promotions becomes frustrating.

Donna S.

Reliable, full featured and affordable POS

Reviewed on 30/7/2020

I can perform all of my inventory management processes and sales from anywhere. Even when I travel to Trade shows across the country, I am never impacted by internet issues.

Pros

This is a full featured POS and inventory management application that can run with or without an internet connection. All of this at a very reasonable initial investment price.

Cons

It does not integrated with my website database, Magento.

Reasons for Choosing RetailEdge

Quickbooks release a new version several years back that was extremely buggy. While I struggled for 3 months attempting to resolve the issues, it was negatively impacting my ability to do business. Customer support was terrible.

Reasons for Switching to RetailEdge

It was 25% of the cost of most other full featured POS applications and included all of the functionality i needed. Because it is a small company that has been around for awhile, customer support is easy to work with - you can talk to the same support rep throughout the process of completing an issue.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Donna, thank you for the kind words! We do have an integration with Magento through a third party called Modern Retail. Feel free to give us a call or email if you'd like to learn more!

Sara T.

Feature Rich, Robust & Easy to Use Store Management Software

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

In investigating RE, I emailed the company many, many times. I always got a prompt, complete reply that covered all of my concerns. They were patient and helped me transfer data twice, as the new computer crashed and had to be repaired, then the software reinstalled. In refining the program for my vitamin shop, they have been helpful every step of the way, often offering solutions from their own experience using RE.

Pros

-soft learning curve
-excellent reports
-feature rich
-extreme value for the price
- wicked awesome support
-easy to update inventory

Cons

- minor tweaks that may well be built in later- just getting used to another system, nothing really against RE

Melissa I.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

RetailEdge is Essential!

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

RetailEdge has been pretty flawless for me, and the rare occasions I've needed assistance, I was taken care of promptly by their team. Everyone has been very professional, and I've never felt "rushed" off the phone when needed support. They take their time, explain things thoroughly, and are kind in the process.

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate, and customize different reports. It's great to be able to really "drill down" into the inventory and get all sorts of useful data on products. This has been a HUGE help in determining which items to stock more of, and which ones to let go. It really streamlines my inventory! I also love to customize the setup for multiple users, so not every employee has access to all the features. There's nothing it can't do so far!

Cons

I'm having trouble thinking of anything I really don't like... The one thing I wish it did, is have the ability to attach a "time-sensitive" note for individual customers. Similar to the "note" that pops up when selecting a customer account, I wish there was a feature that could let me know when their professional license expires (or is getting close to expiring), so I would be automatically prompted to ask for their updated copy.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Melissa, thank you so much for your kind words and feedback! With regards to a time-sensitive pop up, we have had customers ask for this type of feature in the past and there are scripts that can be run that will allow you to do this. To make sure we address your concerns fully, we will be reaching out to you via email shortly. Thanks again!

Melissa C.
  • Industry: Printing

Great system especially if you're internet is not stable

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

It works well with our current system.

Pros

We chose this software because we didn't have to pay a monthly fee (except for support). We liked that the inventory and reports are all included.

Cons

The software was a little confusing in the beginning. It's expensive to get new workstations but it pays for itself eventually when you use it for a longer amount of time.

Shopify POS, Vend and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Choosing RetailEdge

We needed a way to keep track of inventory and customer information.

Shopify POS, Vend and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to RetailEdge

We liked that we didn't need internet for it to work.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Melissa, great feedback! We aim to keep your cost of ownership low with reasonable prices and little to no monthly fees so more money stays in your pocket. :) Thanks again! -Kayla

Zak R.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

User friendly software that takes only a few days to learn. Awesome tech support! :-)

Reviewed on 30/10/2017

Made my product inventory easy to handle. Does not need much computer knowledge to operate. Easy to capture customer's information and use the data to develop promotions and obtain more return customers to our crystal showroom. Lots of functions for data backup and security to prevent unauthorized entry to sensitive data ( about inventory, customer info, sales and account info etc..)

Pros

I have been using RetailEdge POS since 2014. Glad to say that I'm very satisfied with this software. It's very easy to learn if one can commit just 1 to 2 hours for one week when newly bought. The functions provided are certainly worth more than the price tag of this software (I'm not kidding).
The function buttons and menu items are easy to navigate and after a few tries, it becomes natural to navigate. When compared to other competing POS software which may look more colorful and user friendly at first, they sell functions which are already included with RetailEdge as add-ons. A good example would be RetailEdge's gift card function, membership function, cupon function and many more. With the other software, you will end up paying for each add-ons and the final cost of owning that software can be quite costly.
I have been persuaded by many firms that want me to switch over to their POS software but when asked if they can give a software that has the same or more built in functions as that of RetailEdge AND at the same cost of RetailEdge, I never seem to get a reply from them...haha.
Any software is as good only if the tech support provided is reliable and prompt and the folks at RetailEdge have not failed me once. The tech support cost is again affordable when compared to other POS software. Oh, before I forget, the constant software update provided is simply awesome. You can be assured that you're in safe hands for the long term when you purchase RetailEdge POS.

Cons

Not much actually. I just hope that the gift card and membership (points system) functions can be expanded more in RetailEdge POS. These are the only functions I personally feel that has not caught up with other competing POS software. There have been many updates and improvements in RetailEdge pos EXCEPT for gift card and points system functions. If these can be made competitive with other software in the POS market, I'll be happy as lark.
Maybe as I write this review, the good folks at RetailEdge are already coding new functions and updates for the above 2 functions....finger crossed.

Lexy C.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

This software constantly grows with our business and there are features we still haven't used...

Reviewed on 24/10/2017

It is "as advertised" Easy to set up and implement. Easy to use once you figure out the many functionalities (and there are many). We add new customers with ease and can track their purchases and we can advise them of how soon until they get loyalty dollars. We can issue gift cards and track them. We can give charge accounts if we wish and charge whatever interest and if you integrate your software into your e-mail, bill them monthly (a feature we have yet to use). When entering a new PO and entering multiple new inventory items, I love being able to use the previous items UPC code and the ability to just change item number/description,etc. which saves me a TON of time from having to do each item from scratch. You can add new items on the fly while a customer stands there and the reports! I haven't even mentioned those! We can easily compare month to month, year over year sales. When renewing our insurance policy each year, it only takes minutes to get them the information they need. We also had to file an insurance claim a few years ago and this software saved our butts! We were able to easily look up inventory value quickly. The claims guy said it was the quickest and most detailed claim he'd ever seen!
I love that I can put in items sold in multiples and a box will pop up to ask how many. How you can have an unimaginable amount of departments and categories to insure you can pinpoint sales strengths and weaknesses. This software seems simple until you use it and realise that it's very complex and has so many features for the price. The ease of use fools one into thinking it's basic and may not have everything you need. ANY new business that I speak to I tell them about all of the features we use and them any we do not (ability to have touchscreen with pictures, integration of security cameras, ability to use scales and weigh product to sell). Another feature I almost forgot about is to track individual sales people's sales which has been very handy as we pay commission on some things and need to see who sold what at the end of each week.
I literally could go on and on and have to tell people when I gush about the software that we are not getting paid to push it. I will admit, it doesn't have the prettiest interface but when you use it, you can appreciate the loud colours and large buttons as you need to find things fast and you can with this software. I spent months researching software. This was our answer. BUY IT! It will not let you down!

Pros

Top on my list is ability to serve multiple customers as they change their mind or go to get something else. I also love the ease of ordering when I generate PO's based on min/max quantities. The ability to have gift cards has been HUGE and one of the primary reasons we got this software. If a customer loses their card, due to extra information we put in at the time of purchase, we can find it and they can still use it. We've been able to easily add on more registers as our business has grown without any extra work being needed. Our customers love the ability to look up past purchases to aid them in their current purchases (to repeat or not repeat what was bought before). We both love the loyalty dollars feature which eliminates the need for punch cards. We also love the ability to do packages of items that we sell in monthly or quarterly specials. There are so many more features. We tell any new business this is THE only software they will ever need!

Woody L.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Excellent POS software with great inventory control and customer tracking

Reviewed on 23/10/2017

Inventory control and customer tracking, custom reports and more!

Pros

The inventory control is wonderful! Can track when your shipments were received, cost averaging, qty on hand and more. The inventory control is second to none in my opinion! Customer tracking is great too! Can see when your customer bought items and how much they paid for it. All customizable too, so it really helps to see which products are moving in the different areas of interest or regions where they live. Customer loyalty program is an excellent addition for our customer base and they love it too! AND reports are customizable so you can see just about anything that is going on with your business right in the system.
Before moving to Retail Edge (moved from REGIT after it was discontinued, which we used for almost 10 years), we researched several systems and each had problems or lacked features that we needed. We found Retail Edge and were amazed at all the features listed, and the ability to create custom reports and integrate with certain on-line store platforms. Retail Edge covers everything we needed for our business and gave us plenty of room to grow and expand on the features.
Lastly, but most importantly, the client support is absolute excellent. Really never had any issues, but had numerous questions (and sometimes still do) and those tech guys answer our (sometimes stupid) questions quickly, honestly and most of all they are just very nice guys too! You can't go wrong with using Retail Edge!

Cons

Well, not much to put here. I would like to see a report that is ran off the tax settings to make it a little easier for me to see what GOVT or RESALE/WHOLESALE customers have made purchases for my monthly sales tax reports. But we created our own custom report in the system and used one of the custom fields in the customer database to mark those customers, so we actually have this report. Just had to do a little custom settings in the reports.

Sister mary L.

We have been using RE for over 16 years; in 2015 we switched POS, but 3 mos later were back...

Reviewed on 9/12/2017

Pros

I like the elasticity of the program, and the ease of getting around, as I manage sales, inventory, customers, PO's, receiving, etc.
I am fairly functional in the program, yet know only a fraction of its potential. Just a few years ago, we inculcated the use of PO's in receiving, which has been to our advantage. We have full integration with our financial program, which we did not know was a possibility until we came back into RE.
The main plus, I think, though, is the great (personable) tech support we have experienced in the past few years. The techs make their program work for the individual business. A few weeks ago I had a challenge with the integration of our online store, and I could hear those guys behind the tech trying to re-create the scenario, and come up with a fix. They usually are able to create an immediate work around, but then they send a ticket to the developers for a suggested change, and sometimes that is seen on a future update.

Cons

The least thing I like about the software is a result of the best thing I like...and that is the many windows that remain open in the background. Every so often I take the time to clear the windows, to get me a fresh start.
In working with PO's and inventory, the "Edit Purchase Order Item" and "Edit Inventory" windows look identical, and it is confusing which window is being worked in. Inadvertently the 'inventory count' could be change instead of entering the 'quantity to order.'

John S.
  • Industry: Food Production

Intelligent Choice

Reviewed on 13/5/2021

We have now used RetailEdge for five years, and it has been trouble free, it has saved us at least $3,000.00 in lease fees for similar software, tremendous value for businesses large or small.

Pros

We consciously set out to find a retail software that was not a month to month rental, but one in which we could outright purchase. RetailEdge was one of the few products out there, but it is everything we wanted and more. The cost savings, despite the upfront costs of purchasing the software, it paid for itself in the first year easily. And has saved us at least $600.00 per year in rental fees for similar software products that only lease on a month to month basis.

Cons

Nothing, it ticks all the boxes we were looking for.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing RetailEdge

We were literally in the stone age, for number of inventory products, inventory management, speed, we had to upgrade.

Reasons for Switching to RetailEdge

RetailEdge was a better value delivering the same if not better performance for our needs.
Jared P.

Great point of sale software with an amazing support team. Fifteen years of business and very...

Reviewed on 23/10/2017

Pros

RetailEdge has a very easy to learn and use interface that is capable of doing anything we have needed or thought about needing for our retail store and paintball playing fields. Everything from gift cards, layaway, house charges, multiple clerks with security options, multiple locations, inventory, PO's, integrated credit card processing, customer management, great reporting, barcodes/UPC, 3rd party integrations for online sales, and more! You name it, RetailEdge pretty much integrates it into their program. We also subscribe to their gold level service plan which includes regular updates and priority call in help which is rarely needed but a great peace of mind in case we do need assistance. Their tech support is all in house in America so they are easy to work with and don't rush you off the phone. We have always had courteous professional service when needing support or asking questions. They have also built us some custom software to help RetailEdge integrate with some online marketplace needs that we had prior to releasing it to the public. After 15+ years of doing business with RetailEdge they continue to do a great job, offer great service, and keep updating the program to make it better year after year. We couldn't ask for much more!

Elio S.

Former QBs user

Very pleasant

Pros

Multi location. Recon. Brendon barcode reader

Cons

I think it could have more options for credit cards processing

Quickbooks Point of Sale

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Elio, we are so glad you like RetailEdge! And we completely agree about having more choices for integrated credit card processing. That's why we recently added a new partner processor, CardConnect. They have a flat rate of 2.5% and $0.05 per transaction. email us if you'd like more info! -Kayla

Joshua H.

Don't spend too much on your POS!

Reviewed on 21/11/2020

Customer service is great. I am very happy. I would recommend to others (and have)

Pros

I loved the price. But I did a lot of research before I bought. It took me months to decide. I loved that I could use my own hardware. It really does it all. The price compared to other companies is 50-70% lower with more features and no annual fees if you don't want the latest version. Room for expansion is awesome. Adding another terminal does not cost an arm and a leg with other products. To have a non-web based POS software that does it all for this price is amazing.

Cons

When you first buy it you don't get full use of the software until you talk to a rep. It would be nice just to have a license key.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to RetailEdge

Price, features, ease of use.