RetailEdge

Point of sale & inventory management solution for retailers

4.7 /5 (117 reviews) Write a Review!

Jen S.

Retail Edge gives us all we need and more!

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Pros

The reports available are wonderful. I like that I can create/customize the reports I use most frequently and save them as "memorized reports" and name them as we see fit. The setup was pretty easy overall and the customer service since then has been great. Low monthly fees, or fees based upon your needs is a bonus. User friendly on the front end and staff tends to learn quickly. The deeper you get into the system and use the features available the more you see it offers. The Demo/Training mode available is fantastic!

Cons

We have used Retail Edge about 2 years and just added another terminal at a new location. We are learning how to make sure each user can only see their specific data unless given security rights to see both/all locations. I feel there are a few reports that still show all locations data even though based on their user "rights" they should have limited visibility. Maybe I missed a step during setup? Overall; very happy, just completed cashier training at the new location, and looking forward to what we can do now.

Melissa I.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

RetailEdge is Essential!

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

RetailEdge has been pretty flawless for me, and the rare occasions I've needed assistance, I was taken care of promptly by their team. Everyone has been very professional, and I've never felt "rushed" off the phone when needed support. They take their time, explain things thoroughly, and are kind in the process.

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate, and customize different reports. It's great to be able to really "drill down" into the inventory and get all sorts of useful data on products. This has been a HUGE help in determining which items to stock more of, and which ones to let go. It really streamlines my inventory! I also love to customize the setup for multiple users, so not every employee has access to all the features. There's nothing it can't do so far!

Cons

I'm having trouble thinking of anything I really don't like... The one thing I wish it did, is have the ability to attach a "time-sensitive" note for individual customers. Similar to the "note" that pops up when selecting a customer account, I wish there was a feature that could let me know when their professional license expires (or is getting close to expiring), so I would be automatically prompted to ask for their updated copy.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Melissa, thank you so much for your kind words and feedback! With regards to a time-sensitive pop up, we have had customers ask for this type of feature in the past and there are scripts that can be run that will allow you to do this. To make sure we address your concerns fully, we will be reaching out to you via email shortly. Thanks again!

Zak R.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

User friendly software that takes only a few days to learn. Awesome tech support! :-)

Reviewed on 30/10/2017

Made my product inventory easy to handle. Does not need much computer knowledge to operate. Easy to capture customer's information and use the data to develop promotions and obtain more return customers to our crystal showroom. Lots of functions for data backup and security to prevent unauthorized entry to sensitive data ( about inventory, customer info, sales and account info etc..)

Pros

I have been using RetailEdge POS since 2014. Glad to say that I'm very satisfied with this software. It's very easy to learn if one can commit just 1 to 2 hours for one week when newly bought. The functions provided are certainly worth more than the price tag of this software (I'm not kidding).
The function buttons and menu items are easy to navigate and after a few tries, it becomes natural to navigate. When compared to other competing POS software which may look more colorful and user friendly at first, they sell functions which are already included with RetailEdge as add-ons. A good example would be RetailEdge's gift card function, membership function, cupon function and many more. With the other software, you will end up paying for each add-ons and the final cost of owning that software can be quite costly.
I have been persuaded by many firms that want me to switch over to their POS software but when asked if they can give a software that has the same or more built in functions as that of RetailEdge AND at the same cost of RetailEdge, I never seem to get a reply from them...haha.
Any software is as good only if the tech support provided is reliable and prompt and the folks at RetailEdge have not failed me once. The tech support cost is again affordable when compared to other POS software. Oh, before I forget, the constant software update provided is simply awesome. You can be assured that you're in safe hands for the long term when you purchase RetailEdge POS.

Cons

Not much actually. I just hope that the gift card and membership (points system) functions can be expanded more in RetailEdge POS. These are the only functions I personally feel that has not caught up with other competing POS software. There have been many updates and improvements in RetailEdge pos EXCEPT for gift card and points system functions. If these can be made competitive with other software in the POS market, I'll be happy as lark.
Maybe as I write this review, the good folks at RetailEdge are already coding new functions and updates for the above 2 functions....finger crossed.

Christina K.

New to the retail environment, starting your own brick & mortar store.... this software is for...

Reviewed on 2/11/2017

This software gives us great reporting features and allows us to fully understand our growing business on daily, weekly and monthly basis. The ability to do back-office work on the main database without extra licenses is also a plus. Inventory management is second to none compared to other software we have seen.

Pros

As we continue to expand and grow our new business, we are amazed at all the functionality that this software has built in right out of the box. There have been several instances were we have decided to add a new twist to how we run the store, and as we search the Retail Edge manual, there it is! (Example : Gift Cards) This software has every possible option we want, even ones we haven't thought of using yet. We love that all the functionality you need is included in the price, no extra expensive modules to add after the fact. The mobile apps for sales updates are also very much appreciated.

Cons

If there was one thing we could say in the negative (and that is really hard to do), we wish the "operating screens" were a little more fancy in layout and color selection. Maybe an option to customize the screens with some custom colors and a logo here and there. We know that is hard to do and still insure that the software runs on almost every piece of hardware that various customers own, so we will give Retail Edge a pass on that.

Carla D.

Wonderful! Never a glitch!

Reviewed on 23/10/2017

The software does everything! It provides a flexible and user friendly POS that fits my business. It is affordable, secure, provides numerous reports and has the best support service you will find. Seriously, the best retail program out there.

Pros

It is hard to pick one thing! It was so perfect for my boutique. But if I have to pick one thing, it would have to be ease of use. I was able to figure everything out without help-although they are readily available if you need assistance, and could train my employees on the system myself.

Cons

Since it provided everything I needed, and was so flexible in application, there isn't much I don't like. My store is unique in that I sell some custom items (curtains for example) that are made up of various items purchased and sold as a single unit. This is a bit cumbersome but manageable.

Gena D.

Has a lot of features and is a very good value for the money

Reviewed on 29/7/2018

Great inventory control and helps me to decide how/what/how many to reorder.

Pros

Most tasks can be done on the keyboard. Using a mouse slows me down on completing a transaction and we don't have touch screens, so being able to use the keyboard and hot kets, etc, is SO helpful! I've used this program for about 15 years and it's a great product at a great value. Their service is good and you get to "know" the people at the company, even though they are based on the other side of the country from me.

Cons

When looking at inventory, have to go to several different tabs to see 1) quantity in stock, 2) price that they last sold at and how many, etc. And quantity in stock is no longer a column that you can see at a glance on the inventory screen.

Katherine M.

Overall good

Reviewed on 27/7/2018

Pros

Easy to use. App is helpful. Service is great. The Island functionality is very helpful, as is the ability to hardwire and network. We run two PCs and a laptop that sometimes serves as a register and all three communicate well.

Cons

The reporting is not great. Basic sales etc is fine, or if you just want to see PDFs, it's ok, but the two ways you can export to excel are not great if you need to manipulate the data. Hard to sort, lots of repetitive page break info etc.

David D.

New to R.E. in June. Very easy transition.

Reviewed on 31/7/2018

Quick, easy and comprehensive transition from a POS system we had been using for 20+ years to Retail Edge's product. Still learning (only been on-board for 2 months), but any avenue I take to become savvy with an unexplored area meets with quick and comprehensive understanding. It's remarkable intuitive. The options to perform tasks make sense and the performance is easy.

Pros

The intuitiveness of the tasks. It guides you to success. We like the multi-options to perform tasks. You can do it this way or that and still be successful.

Very easy to train folks to use the system. Support was there and very helpful when needed.

Cons

The least favorable pre-purchase issue was the anxiety in setting up and learning a new POS system. I didn't look forward to the anticipated time needed to learn and launch the program. It was easy ! The anxiety was totally unwarranted and the time requirements were well below the hours I expected. So much of it was intuitive and reasonably understood.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

David, it was a pleasure working with you personally on your transition and I'm so glad to hear everything is going smoothly for Forth N Goal! Thanks so much for your positive feedback! -Kayla

Vince A.

Simple to use, great value, does everything needed.

Reviewed on 29/6/2018

Pros

Great customer service. Easy to use functions. I like the retail island, I can check my sales remotely.

Cons

When looking up a customer, if the customer isn't in the system you need to start over again.
ie; What is your name...my name is Philips...you look up Philips and he's not there...it should then say do you want to make Philips a customer, rather than making us retype Philips...which is an easy last name .

Phyllis F.

Excellent

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

Data collection, retrieval and analysis. Easy reports for sales tax and accounting.

Pros

I like the robust data collection - that it has so many fields - and that I can import from and export to a CSV file.

Cons

I would like to see more flexibility to use the data - for example, ability to sort and organize fields on a page and keep that layout, ability to filter and sort by multiple levels, and ability to create customized reports.

Judy S.

The sales process was fantastic. The training was the worst experience ever

Reviewed on 11/7/2018

Ability to have vendor accounts and scan product

Pros

It has the ability to give me the information I need. the scanner is a great feature. The ability to pick and choose the equipment was nice.

Cons

You have to wade through way too much to get to what is needed. The ease of use is minimal. Functionality for the daily user as a cash register is too slow.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Judy, thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback. We are very sorry to hear you're having a difficult time using RetailEdge, as our Technical Support agents pride themselves on exceptional service and training. Someone will be reaching out to you shortly in order to gather more information about the issues you're having and offer ways to make the program more functional for you and your business. Thanks again.

-Kayla

Larry H.

right from the demo download to buying and installing sales and customer support was awesome

Reviewed on 11/7/2018

Inventory management and POS system all in one at a very good price

Pros

The ease of use of all aspects of the software, very easy for sales clerks as well as for the administrator for system setup and creating item codes, departments, classes, etc.

Cons

I have a specific/unique application that the software doesn't do. However Sales/Customer service provided me with 2 workarounds and an explanation.

Laura S.

Been with Retail Edge for 18+ years. It runs my bricks & mortar store. Gold service plan is...

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

Pros

The personal service from the tech support. When we get in trouble there is always someone back to us fast with help. Takes a lot of the stress out of running a POS system.

Cons

There is no good way to make this software work with our website and the available web solutions are not appropriate for us. Hoping that we can change that in time.

Larry H.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

I have used RE in-store for the last 6 years. Excellent POS and management for small business.

Reviewed on 21/10/2017

Can easily track inventory, slaes, and customers.

Pros

Best features are:
+ I can track inventory and figure out what I have in-store.
+ track PO from vendors and keep track of back-orders.
+ figure out my best selling product and best customers

Cons

- So many features, it is difficult to utilize all of them.
- Front end looks a little dated but not terrible.

Glenda O.

We have used Retail Edge for more than 25 years and it is so easy to use!

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

point of sale executed quickly

Pros

We like most about the software that it is easy to use and easy to train new employees on.
We can enter the item number quickly and process the sale quickly with Retail Edge.

Cons

We don't always have a good tract of our inventory on hand. It seems to be that all purchases
are not added to inventory.

Kelly D.

Very easy to use.

Reviewed on 1/12/2017

Pros

The ease of the software. We are a hospital gift shop and have mostly volunteers using the cash registers. Even the ladies who have had absolutely no cash register experience have had no problems with this software. Customer support is awesome, always call me right back and have always solved my issues.

Glenn R.

Retail does all I need and more

Reviewed on 31/7/2018

Inventory control

Pros

Inventory reports able to track sales total sales reports able to make barcode labeling being able to add to purchase orders from Inventory

Cons

I have not had a problem with system so there is nothing not to like!
time need to add new inventory

Rachel B.

Retail Edge is an excellent software we use at our boutique. We have used it from the...

Reviewed on 22/7/2018

Pros

The user friendly capability and how easily we can train employees. Also the daily reporting and closing is extremely easy.

Cons

The fact that I can't access it remotely without paying a fee. Also there are a few reports that I would like to run and can't.

Bill P.

I have had Retail Edge over 8 years, I wouldn't consider any other POS

Reviewed on 23/10/2017

ease of invoicing and inventory control

Pros

The assistance that I always get from both technicians and the sales people whenever I have a problem

Cons

some of the report styles, when I am only interested in using the item ID and not the stock number as the numerical sequence

Debbie K.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Other for 2+ years

The Team at Retail Edge is great to work with and very helpful.

Reviewed on 11/7/2018

I am not sure I understand the questions you are asking. I guess my benefits include being able to pull data reports which is very helpful.

Pros

The POS is user friendly and very easy to learn. It is easy to train new team members on the POS. I also like having the Island options so I can work at home and when doing events. Everything syncs up so there are not issue.

Cons

It does not have all of the features for my retail store that I would like. The POS does not sync with all online systems. I had already build my website and then found out that it would not sync with it in order to sell online so I have to put things in manually. Kind of a bummer.

Jim L.

Retailedge overview

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Great to work with. Easy to teach new employees how to use.

Pros

Retailedge is excellant for retail sales, inventory, and very easy to use.

Cons

Being charged for work to transfer computers,

Melissa E.

Solid retail POS. Good reporting. Great customer service

Reviewed on 8/11/2017

Pros

Easy to use. Good sales and monthly reports. Great customer service-they are always willing to help.

Cons

Inventory process could be easier. I should be able to scan inventory and create a discrepancy report.

Ziad A.

Easy to use, broad functionality

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

Pros

I love the various aspects that the product covers. The wide range of features and flexibility.

Cons

Few glitches here and there. All have been solved so far

Harry S.

I was happy that it could do the job for such a reasonable price

Reviewed on 23/10/2017

I am a small store and your product enabled me to have a POS system at a price I could afford. It helps me keep track of my inventory speeds up the checkout process and tracks how I am doing through the years. my bookkeeper likes the reports that it can deliver. Thank you for many years of service.

Pros

I am not good with computers and I can still use this program. It is an ongoing development they improve and add new features regularly. This is the best single purchase I have made for my store. I started with the free trial years ago and have updated to the current one as they come available.

Jayne B.
  • Industry: Utilities

Save a lot of time with paperwork

Reviewed on 27/7/2018

Paperless job

Pros

Easy to find reports and add inventory. The QRL keys are user friendly and labels are easy to make.

Cons

I have not find much I do not like. I use this every day and find more new ways to help make my job easier.