Suralink

Workflow management solution for accounting firms

4.7/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
4.6/5

389 Software options

Mike S.

Suralink Enhances and Simplifies Audit Evidence Collection Process

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

Overall we've really enjoyed using Suralink and recommend it to all. Support is great too. Easily add licenses as needed.

Pros

Gone are the days of having a DRL or PBC that you manage in an Excel spreadsheet over e-mail or in a Dropbox, Box, or Sharepoint. Suralink does it for you with individual line items for each request, easy drag & drop to upload files, easily download all or just new files, track status, assign owners to requests, make requests private, and more. Can be used for any audit or advisory project where you need evidence from the client. Pay per firm user. Storage is unlimited, client engagements are unlimited.

Cons

Suralink is still developing new functionality. Just released some new APIs that should help. Security only has 2 levels: Staff or Manager.

Box, Smartsheet and Dropbox Business

Reasons for Switching to Suralink

Suralink was the best solution for managing an audit engagement's evidence collection process. It's specifically designed for this.

Response from Suralink

Thanks for such a great review, Mike! We're glad you're finding value from Suralink. We're also happy to discuss new feature requests anytime. If there's ever anything we can do, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Jill M.

Tech support unresponsive and unhelpful

Reviewed on 1/3/2021

User level, three years in, never had a problem until last week. Don't bother reaching out to their tech support people unless you enjoy screaming into the abyss.

Pros

I'm a user. When Suralink works, it works fine. The UI could be a little more user-friendly but that's not fatal.

Cons

When the software starts throwing errors (and they all do, eventually) and you reach out to tech support, you're on your own. I spent TWO HOURS trying to clarify THEIR problem for the folks in the online chat, then I got the standard "We're so sorry. We're working on your problem and we'll notify you VERY SOON about our progress" email and that's the last I've heard.

I'm very disappointed in the level of customer care these folks are showing.

Bryce R.

Efficiency and Clarity

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

I am all in on this app. My clients are appreciating it too.
Efficiency on our side and theirs is up.

Pros

I really like the ability to go in, as an audit manager, and get an idea of the status of the audit is. I can see how responsive the client is. I can see how responsive staff is being. This allows me to focus on my attention on the clients that are being responsive. This is very important during busy season. I am constantly in Suralink during busy season, even if staff is doing the interacting with the client.

I am also quickly finding the power of the status reports that are sent out to the client and I am beginning to only send communication to the client through the status report function rather than email from Outlook.

Cons

The process of switching from one engagement to another takes one or two steps more than I would like. Maybe having a tool/navigation bar on the side could help.

John D.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

Completely streamlined audit process

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

Pros

Our organization is extremely complex due to the fact that we have a large number of Legal Entities. The ability to create Audit PBC templates and simply copy those across all our entities in mass has reduced the administrative burden to near-zero time spent by our IT team. The administration is simple enough that our External Auditors own 95% of the process. Prior to adopting Suralink, this process was maintained on SharePoint and was an extremely burdensome process for our organization.

Cons

It would be nice to create dynamic PBCs based on a questionnaire. Often times the nature of our legal entities will create additional PBC items. This is ruled base and could be automated, but is manageable to manually track.

Emily B.
  • Industry: Accounting

Making everyone's life easier!

Reviewed on 10/2/2020

It has helped us have greater oversight of audit queries and requests for information and how the client has fulfilled these requests. Organisation and efficiency has greatly improved.

Pros

The ease of use, the user-friendly interface which provides just the right amount of information for both us and the client.

Cons

If someone else set's up the client then it doesn't seem to appear on my dashboard when i'm invited to it.

Megan H.
  • Industry: Accounting

Suralink is a Game Changer!

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

We receive documents faster, we eliminate long email chains, and we have a clean request list experience. All of our clients who use this have given us our request items fast than ever before and I attribute that to our ability to keep track of documents and provide status updates.

Pros

Suralink has completely changed the way we receive audit documentation! Our clients love the ease of use and how they can drag and drop documents and leave comments. Our team loves that we can easily send status updates that are kind and still informative and reply to comments while eliminating long email chains. I will never go back to an excel list!

Cons

I don't really enjoy having to format in a certain way, but I understand the need. And our clients would like to be able to add their own users instead of us having to do that every time.

Mike W.

Great Product. I'd Recommend It to Anyone

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

Pros

It is really easy to use for both me and my clients to use. No more losing files or wondering if files got lost in email. It's all there for both of us to see. It is easy to set up and modify your request list and categories. And when I forget how to use a feature, the customer service chat can help me resolve it very quickly.

Cons

It is hard to think of anything. Sometimes I can't remember how to do something and I can't figure it out just by looking at my dashboard. But customer service is quick to respond to my questions and remind me how to use certain features so any problems are resolved immediately.

Chris A.
  • Industry: Accounting

A great addition to our firm and interaction with clients during the audit process

Reviewed on 8/2/2020

Suralink has made the process of requesting, receiving, tracking and communication information with client during an audit or review of their financial statements much easier and efficient.

Pros

Ease of use, notifications, up to the minute status, our client's satisfaction

Cons

Nothing that we don't like. Future enhancements such as a client portal for copies of final products and a tool to email items quickly and securely would help use eliminate the use of other tools and use Suralink for these items. It would be a big win for our clients as well.

Angela W.
  • Industry: Accounting

By FAR one of my favorite accounting tools

Reviewed on 21/1/2021

Pros

What is NOT to love about Suralink? It makes it incredibly simple to have my clients upload documents that we need, and that the whole team can access the documents in one place, instead of CCing each other on group emails, or forwarding audit support. It also is very helpful in that it tracks who uploaded specific documents and when, as that has helped our team more than once prove that something a client was saying was incorrect, and we had actual evidence to support it. Thank you Suralink team!

Cons

Our firm had an issue with the way Suralink was rolling the documents from year to year, which caused hours of headache once I'd discovered it. We have thankfully since resolved the issue.

Thomas K.

Suralink Review

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

This is a much more efficient way to obtain and organize client documents. Overall, hours on jobs are down and I am much less frustrated trying to find PBC documents now that I can search them all in one place.

Pros

Very user friendly and my clients love it. It is also far more secure and organized compared to sending via email or any other method.

Cons

The auditor view of an engagement could use more customization. I would like to be able to remove the Overview Bar (completely, not just the pie chart) and be able to adjust the window size of the request list and listing of documents the client uploaded.

Ringo M.

Suralink is great

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

Suralink is great. It keeps all of our document in one place that allows multiple levels of our audit team to access. The request feature is easy to implement (both the excel upload and doing it from scratch) and can be easily changed (requests made during the audit). This is much better than other mediums that I have used, including GoogleDocs, ShareFile, and Dropbox.

Pros

This is a software that our client likes, and its user-friendly interface makes it easy for us to convince them to use it.

Cons

The accepting/rejecting feature. "Rejecting" seems harsh but this is such a little thing.

Allison B.

It's a good product

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

We are moving to paperless audits and tax work, which is a big deal for a public accounting firm.

Pros

Clients love it. If our clients are happy, then we are happy.

Cons

I wish there was an Administrator dashboard that showed me all of the uploads/activity since my last log on.

Lucy T.

New user for Suralink

Reviewed on 17/2/2020

Pros

this is my first job at a public accounting firm. The amount of files exchanged between client and our firm are enormous. Suralink is very easy to use and I really like the search function and also the email alerts for new uploads.

Cons

It is hard to tell which files are newly uploaded if there are a lot of files. I would suggest to have another designated place (or like shortcuts) for all the newly uploaded files.

Christopher H.
  • Industry: Accounting

A massive time saver for CPAs and their clients

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

It has provided a higher level of professionalism to our information request process while greatly reducing the administrative burden of tracking information requests.

Pros

Extremely user friendly, minimal training needed for staff or clients.

Cons

The only issue that we have had to date has been clients using extremely old web browsers, which is hard to label as a Suralink issue.

Justin J.

Portal

Reviewed on 21/2/2020

Pros

We use Suralink as a PBC portal for clients (doing audits and similar-type engagements). Suralink is easy for clients to use. They know specifically what requests are outstanding. The tool keeps both parties accountable in real time. It is easy to track the log to see when people have posted/downloaded documents.

Cons

No bad comments about Suralink. It works as advertised.

Danielle S.

Suralink Review

Reviewed on 12/2/2020

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, clean interface, easy for clients to use.

Cons

I sense clients get confused in how to manage notifications and/or by why they're receiving notifications, as sometimes there is a lag.

Nate C.

Superior User Interface

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

As a CPA firm we set up all clients up in Suralink for engagement requests.

Pros

Everything about it is streamlined and extremely easy to use. No learning curve at all. Clients love that they can take care of all requests in the same place.

Cons

Other than some glitches in the history log on the right side (time stamps seem to be off sometimes) everything works great.

Ashley B.
  • Industry: Accounting

Suralink is a must have for an auditor

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

I would recommend this to anyone! I will continue to promote this product.

Pros

I love how easy it is to correspond with the client and reject/accept workpapers. I have heard only good things from the client regarding this.

Cons

I wish the client was able to add the users they would like to add - not a big deal and can easily be added from the accountant side.

Diana M.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Suralink review 2/7/2020

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

I really enjoy using Suralink. It has greatly improved file management and clients have really enjoyed it as well! With everything being in one place, it makes it so much easier for my team and for the client.

Pros

The drag and drop feature for uploading files.

Cons

The rollforward feature doesn't really help much if there are dates that need to be updated. Then this becomes a manual process.

Andrea S.

Increased Audit Efficiencies!

Reviewed on 17/2/2020

Suralink helps to make audits more efficient and keeps the whole team on the same page with the client as to what is outstanding and what tasks have been complete. I especially think that the "due date" feature and the ability to comment on specific requests is helpful and cuts down on the number of emails and phone calls back and forth.

Pros

This software adds increased audit efficiencies via the ability to easily indicate to clients what is outstanding and which tasks have been completed. The ability to send comments on specific requests also reduces the number of email correspondence.

Cons

There really is not anything that I do not like or would change about the software if given the opportunity.

Saad E.

Suralink in Auditing

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

Overall its being really good, I work in an audit firm and we have to give out requirement lists of our clients for audits, previously we use to do it on emails and it was hard to keep track at times, plus you end missing emails specially when there are too many coming in, suralink has helped me organized things really effectively.

Pros

Keeps things organized when communicating with client.
Categorization helps classify things easily
Allows me the option to reject document provided by client which does not meet my requirements.
Notifications helps keep track of activity.
Is easy to use, not only for us but also for our clients.

Cons

Times out too quickly. have to keep login in again and again
The notification bar on the top of the screen displays everything, for example I more mostly interested in seeing the comments client has made against the requirements but notification would also show if they have downloaded a file or if one of my colleague downloads a file. Might be worth separating notifications by category

Nicholas R.

Suralink for Auditors

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

I have enjoyed my overall experience as it has made my job more simplified and organized. It is secure and safe to use and I don't lose files in the myriad of emails I receive everyday.

Pros

It keeps all the files the client has uploaded in one place for the whole team. It helps files and responses not get lost in one person's email. Client's like the security, I like how it is user friendly.

Cons

At the moment, I am very satisfied and can think of no cons.

Melissa T.

Super Helpful

Reviewed on 18/2/2020

Pros

It is incredibly easy for both auditors and clients to access information in a team setting. There is no need for clients to send things via email and have PBCs get lost.

Cons

There really isn't anything I dislike about it.

Jonathan F.

Good Product

Reviewed on 21/2/2020

Pros

I like how easy and quick it is to set up, and clients seem to enjoy using this software to organize the information they've sent us.

Cons

The only issue I've come across is clients occasionally not knowing how to navigate it.

Nicole M.

Good but Could Use Some Improvements

Reviewed on 5/8/2020

Good

Pros

I like the ease of use, ability to make requests, sections, and sub-sections.

Cons

I wish there was the ability to assign a priority level to each request (low priority, medium priority, high priority, urgent)