Great app & Greater customer support
As an IT Manager in an international school, SCL helped me in managing, communicating and administrat all aspects of the student/teacher/parent process.
-Monthly new updates.
-Easy to use from mobile devices.
-24/7 technical support.
-Full administration control.
-All issues I had with the application have already been fixed/optimized either by my own request or the monthly periodic update.
Teacher using SCL
Overall, my experience with SCL has been enjoyable. I would like additional training with more step-by-step instructions of the features available and their proper use.
The daily grading of assignments and uploading these grades is easy with SCL. I like how user friendly this feature is and that students can track their progress. I also enjoy the "Missing Marks" feature to easily identify missing assignments from students.
At times, trying to properly set instructions for students and push out interactive assignments has been a challenge.
It is a good experience.
The private storage folder is very beneficial.
- The private storage folder's capacity is too small so it doesn't fit all the materials of the whole academic year.
- I can't send more than 4 or 5 attachments in a message.
- I can't upload a file more than 5 MB which is too small.
- I cant drag any file in the private storage folder to modify it's place or to add it to a folder, the only option is to delete it and upload it again.
- Logging in timeout is too short; when I write a long message which takes a long time to be written, then I click send, I find the website closes and asks me to login again which let me lose all what I have wrote.
Response from SCL
Dear Mrs. Noura,
Thanks for your feedback.
SCL Private storage maximum upload file size is 50MB and at Private message the maximum upload size is 32MB and if you want to add more than 4 or 5 attachment you could compress them using Winrar or Zip.
The Maximum Idle time for using SCL is 30 minutes is been made in purpose to protect our teachers from forgetting their PC on and leaving it.
Please standby for SCL upcoming updates will have features for Private Storage copying/moving file & rename folders and files.
Nac scl system
Good security login process, user friendly interface
Inserting math symbols and function is not available in the interactive assignment, insert a picture in the multiple choice question not available, messaging system needs improvement while searching for a sent or received message.
Online camera and screen sharing needs improvements
The virtual classrooms were a neck saver to the teaching and learning process. We didn’t have to stop teaching and end the year early, we actually resumed classes well enough.
Some features like sharing screens and putting cameras on need enhancement.
That it is easy to create interactive assignments and very easy to use the tools on the white board to teach online, and draw diagrams.
That it is usually difficult to connect all videos at the same time, and that it requires very high net speed to share screen.
Amazing during quarantine
A very good experience specially during this difficult time
The interactive assignments and the virtual class
When adding a new question in the interactive assignment it takes me to the top of the page everytime and have to scroll down after adding every question
Excellent platform for e-teaching/learning
This has been a very successful experience so far, teaching and learning are happening remotely as smooth as it can be.
Upload documents to work on
Making students moderators
Use of public chat
The shared notes
Private chat is not the best option between students, they can easily be distracted and start chatting without supervision.
Prictical and useful system
Pros & Cons
A very effective way to link teachers and parents.
1. Easy to use
2. Very effective method to link teachers and parents.
1. It requires double work to create an assignment; example If I want to create a Classwork for today, I have to do the same process many times if I teach many classes.
2. Each time I create an assignment, hundreds messages with names of my students are sent to my inbox inform me that I created these assignments, While it's enough, a notification with the class name.
3. It's not easy to send the same message to more than one parent at the same time, I have to send it individually and this also requires double work.
Response from SCL
Thank you for your kind review,
I would just like to clarify that with SCL you can create Multiple Assignments for all classes at Once.
Also you can easily select more than 1 Parent or select all parent at once for group messages.
Please contact your School IT Department for further help about how to use these features.
Grade book, virtual class, private storage, messaging
Assignments categories could be shown different colours to make it easier for me to look up.
Response from SCL
Dear Mrs. Suzanne,
Thanks a lot for your feedback, you can change Grading categories titles, colors & ordering with your school IT Dept.
Has most of the features that we need.
we have the ability to add new features.
the virtual classroom feature is brilliant and it was added on time.
the parent's accounts should be named by the student's name.
In the newsletter messages that send to parents, the message body should include the name of the mentioned class automatically.
User friendly system
How SCL is helpful
SCL has made virtual learning so much easier and more convenient.
Communicating with my students. Also, communicating with parents is also very beneficial.
Not being able to send a group message to my students. I need to type their names one by one if I want to do that.