Narasimhan (nari) S.
  • Industry: Research

Mediocre Software From Entrenched Company Claiming to Secure Things

Reviewed on 31/3/2021

Citrix does not solve any problems. It creates more problems and till date information security issues continue to abound partly because a secure, user friendly solution has not been built. As long as companies like Citrix keep hogging that space nothing is going to change.

Pros

It probably has some level of encryption but the best way they secure everything is preventing users from using it much. Less use, less risk of any compromise. Just like car insurance, if you drive it less, less chance of getting into an accident, right?

Cons

Highly buggy software when in conjuction with Microsoft Outlook WBA. Not sure who exactly gets the full blame but Citrix does itself little favor by making things like password changes way hard and by rolling out buggy clients that are supposed to make governmental software "safer" they essentially make it very hard to use.

Mohamed A.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Very important tool, especially for home workers

Reviewed on 2/10/2020

Pros

It is easy to use once you get fimilar with all the features. It helped a lot when we had to work from home due to COVID-19 to have virtual environment.

Cons

Once you lose internet connection system freezes for 5 minutes trying to reconnect. I wish it was even possible to navigate through or exit to desktop to troubleshoot, or connect to a different network.

Burak C.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Safe and Reliable

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

Pros

Grants multiple users to access and connect to a desktop and the main reason of usage of Citrix is it's being safe and reliability. Also does not cost lots of cpu speed and takes very less amount of ram. And allows users to work with large files easily and efficiently.

Cons

When there is zero connections, the connection center disappears while it is open for no reason. The menus and letters are blurry. There is a deletion of saved passwords feature but it doesn't show what passwords have been saved, there is no list of them. More features need to be added.

Erika R.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Quite hard to use

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

It's okay. I just use it because of the company policy.

Pros

Honestly, it does the job and allows me to login to the intranet of my company. No other comments but this.

Cons

It is not very intuitive to log in and use it. It is quite annoying to use it at first but then you just get used to.

Zouhair L.
  • Industry: Investment Management

Excellent desktop provier

Reviewed on 30/3/2020

Pros

Citrix is fast, reliable and secure. It allows me to connect to my company's computer from home.

Cons

I wish citrix was a little bit smoother and has less lags.

Stefanos E.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Citrix Workspace review

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Citrix Workspace is a Citrix DaaS solution hosted entirely in the Citrix Cloud. It is very easy to operate by utilizing the Citrix Workspace App client which gives the same look and feel as if working from a traditional Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops implementation on-premise or in a private Cloud. What is particularly useful and interesting is the introduction of Citrix Workspace microApps and Citrix Workspace custom workflows. With microapps, each employee can focus on the tasks which they perform most frequently and use either a microapp which comes out of the box or create a custom one based on their requirements. End users can also create a custom workflow to work with their custom microapps, thus increasing their overall efficiency and productivity without the requirement to have technical expertise in IT.

Pros

I enjoyed the Citrix Workspace MicroApps and the custom workflows which can be created intuitively without any prior technical IT knowledge.

Cons

Given that Citrix Workspace is entirely hosted in the Citrix Cloud, there could be some performance degradation when working in the virtual desktop in some regions around the world, depending on the technical characteristics of the last mile of the end user WAN connection (e.g. high round trip time / latency). This however is getting better as new Citrix Cloud locations are added to the service and the overall global network infrastructure is improving.

Marko P.

Reliable and simple to use tool for remote access and support.

Reviewed on 31/3/2021

I have been using Citrix profesionally as a remote access tool for years now and I find purposeful and easy to use. For comparison reasons, I will compare it to TeamViewer which I have used a lot privately. Apart from more and advanced options, TeamViewer has better response time and less lag. Also, Citrix is not able to send or “inject” all the windows commands and shortcuts. Of course there is the toolbar with a lot of practical shortcuts such as Task Manager, Control Panel, Windows Explorer etc. File transfer does know to be finnicky from time to time especially when transferring large files, but of course, that might be just my personal experience.

Pros

The tool is reliable and it makes the work done for my team and our needs. It is effective and easy to use.

Cons

Lag, file transfer problems with large files, not able to send windows shortcuts not able to send sound.

Casey C.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Very Segure

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

It is easy to use and we really enjoy that it is secure, so do our clients.

Pros

I enjoy this because if you dont want to go to sharefile to send secure documents, you just click the button on your email and it secures it for you!

Cons

The new double verification is a pain and very frustrating when we have to do that every time we use it! If I am on the phone with a client, I have to sometimes get a verification to look something up and then place them on hold in order to answer that verification call. It is not practical.

Citrix Software/Workspace

Reviewed on 16/1/2020

Pros

Working in the hospital, Citrix Software provides a streamlined platform for which all the medical applications are on the "hub". It facilitates easy navigation between each EMR that I use and allows for access and transfer of private data quickly.

Cons

There are not that many cons to this software, but if I had to pick one, it would perhaps be the downtime this server goes through for fixes.

Douaa G.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Secure & easy to connect

Reviewed on 1/4/2020

Pros

Citrix is a great help during this period of quarantine, i can remotely access my workspace without any slowdown or delay

Cons

the resolution isn't high with high DPI screens and we can't copy and paste from the citrix worskpace to the local machine.

• Industry: Chemicals

Citrix Workspace review

Reviewed on 15/4/2020

Pros

The possibility to use my workspace in any location.

Cons

This software sometimes has any instability, but offer a good use.

Gilad E.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

One of the best ways for to control your remote workspace

Reviewed on 18/10/2020

My overall experience is great, it is really fills amazing to control my remote desktop using it. in many ways it feels like working physically on my PC.

Pros

I like the ease of access my remote desktop, despite there are many authentications in the middle, most of them are saved on the browser. The access to my remote workspace is extremely impressive and most windows key and shortcuts working great.
The support of few screens make it way good for my usage (working with terminals).

Cons

It isn't easy to copy/paste of text and flies from the base computer, feature which is extremely important.
When there are connectivity issues, there is lack of information in order to debug the reason. The auto log in doesn't work all the time so I am finding my self typing my credentials many times

Citrix: Best Virtual workstation

Reviewed on 25/3/2021

Pros

It's easy to use and best optimized for remote desktop with the windows operating system. The experience is so great that it feels like we are accessing our own physical device as it supports almost all shortcuts. The support for multiple displays helps to be more productive which is one of the deal-breaking feature for me. It is highly secure as we have to enable 2 FA to be able to login into our remote desktop.

Cons

Currently, I am using Citrix workspace for development, so I would like to see Citrix optimized for the Linux system as well. I have to change the configuration in the system when installing the Citrix workspace app in Linux (Currently using Ubuntu 20.04). Sometimes the resolution doesn't match with the window size so I have to work on fullscreen mode.

• Industry: Security & Investigations

Citrix - Great Remote Desktop Option

Reviewed on 23/6/2020

Citrix has made working at multiple workstations much simpler than it was at previous positions. It works so well that it doesn't feel like I am accessing programs remotely most of the time. I am happy with the user experience.

Pros

The ease of access. I utilize multiple desktops at work, and wherever I login with my work credentials, Citrix workspace makes all of the programs I need readily available. I can save favorites, and access programs quickly.

Cons

I would add a feature. I t wold be nice to have Citrix recommend software that my workplace uses, based on what task I am trying to complete.

Vinayak S.

Efficient and secured

Reviewed on 18/2/2021

Pros

Most easy to install and use this tool and serves the main purpose of adding security to the business.

Cons

There are timeout issue and connectivity issue that happes at times, however, that depends on how your Organization has setup the connectivity

Maurice V.
  • Industry: Media Production

Desktop from home

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Citrix gives comfort that you are in a secure environment with access to all your office networks, applications etc.

Pros

I liked the fact that you enter a secure environment within the office parameters and find my desktop and access to intra net as I would be in the office. Works a treat. All my applications that I use internally work just fine.

Cons

I found some times that the time to connect was cumbersome, as was the several times during the day that I had to log in again. I get why that is the case but it frustrates easily.

• Industry: Automotive

Citrix Storefront is the perfect application to house your Citrix Servers

Reviewed on 7/4/2020

The ability to have one central location means less work for the user.

Pros

The ability to have all your Citrix Servers in one location that you can click to access is helpful versus having to remember specific URLs to access.

Cons

Nothing so far. This has been a far better option than when we had to manually remember the URL for the Citrix environment we wanted to connect to.

Inconsistent

Reviewed on 30/3/2021

The most beneficial part is being able to work from anywhere and on any computer. It's made the transition during the pandemic doable for my entire company.

Pros

I like how I'm able to access my company's remote server on any one of my computers and anywhere in the world.

Cons

It is spotty and at times, it says I'm logged in but doesn't fully log in. The app doesn't work on my Mac or Dell so I always have to log in through a web browser.

Nastazija B.

Instable work environment

Reviewed on 6/4/2021

It is a love and hate relationship and it is the most instable software I've ever used.

Pros

It is safe and when it works it is providing all the features that you would normally have when working inside and office on a company computer.

Cons

The instability is really aggravating. You never know when it will kick you out of the work space or when you are not going to be able to even sign into that virtual requirement which is of course counted against you by the employer when working from home.

Kandice D.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Citrix review

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

I use this every day to log into different analysis software to do things such as entering progress notes, creating treatment plans, and completing diagnostic assessments. It makes this very easy to access.

Pros

I use this software everyday to log into my other software for my job. It is very easy to use and lets you organize your apps/softwares based on how often you use them. It is very important for my job to remain HIPAA compliant and this software takes care of that with no problem.

Cons

The software can sometimes be spotty and have errors. I have only experienced this once or twice, and when it does happen our IT team is able to fix it very quickly.