Citrix Workspace Reviews

Citrix Workspace

Write a Review!
Digital workspace & workflow management platform

3.9/5
4.2/5
4.2/5
4.0/5

Naleen

Great VdI Tool

Reviewed on 8/3/2023

Pros

Great software to run/manage vdi when working remotely or for a client.

Cons

Lag could be reduced as it is now with current version.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Legal Services

Easy for Teams to Learn, Brings Security and Peace of Mind for Clients.

Reviewed on 14/6/2022

Overall, very positive. If any issues come up, it is usually easy to work through and ultimately we have never had any major issue where Citrix didn't function properly. Teams quickly scale and it gives everyone peace of mind.

Pros

Citrix environment is familiar, it is very secure and it enables access to necessary systems, software and sensitive data. Almost everyone new that comes across a Citrix environment learns it quickly. It's easy to toggle between the Citrix Workspace and the typical Desktop but it locks down features like copy/paste between the two for security.

Cons

Sometimes if you have two Citrix environments running at the same time there can be problems. For example, when running Citrix on a thin client machine and then needing to launch a separate client-side Citrix environment to access particular information hosted on a client site, sometimes you'll see software stall out or not function well. When troubleshooting, the first question for the software is usually "Are you running Citrix?" and then they tell you they're working on a patch to fix known Citrix issues for the software.

Shanta
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Does not work well at all

Reviewed on 11/10/2021

Terrible! It is a horrible product. I thought it was just the one organizations wi-fi, but now that I have started a new job and they too use this product and have similar issues I see it is the product!

Pros

Nothing I would not recommend this product at all.

Cons

I have used Citrix at two large organizations. At both companies the same thing happens. You get this disconnect from server error. It causes downtime and login issues. It is extremely bad if it is being used by many who are working from home. It is almost a daily issue!

Mic

Remote desktop software GDPR compliant

Reviewed on 8/7/2023

Pros

Basic functions can be acquired with a 3 days training approximately. Useful to document any type of incident activity and to attach documents to the ticket in case of a third party intervention on site.

Cons

It can't be possible to save the ticket as a temporary one in case the support does not have all the information at hand. The detailed nature of the data required to generate a ticket (and its dispatch) is time consuming, especially during peak hours.

Amelia

Healthcare Security Standards Upheld

Reviewed on 20/7/2022

Pros

Our large healthcare system has used Citrix now for almost ten years. We rely on it for our remote users. Our daily clinic users operate under the Citrix workspace in order to open their PHI protected software. Administration and leadership users rely on Citrix to track, gather, and organize different services throughout the health care system. We could not do anything without the high quality services of

Cons

Installing PHI protected software on each computer requires a separate installer. Getting it onto the citrix workspace then requires all users to search for it. Its a bit tedious for some non-fluent computer users.

Yvonne

Citrix workspace

Reviewed on 10/5/2021

my overall experience with citrix workspace has been truly a great experience and has caused us to be able to roll out what is needed for each day in the technology world to run the company efficiently

Pros

features that are most impactful is how easy it is to launch on a daily basis. Being that is a very important aspect of our business activities on a daily basis. Without this application we wouldn't be able to function in our daily operations. I really like the flexibility and reliability of this application

Cons

the integration was not difficult, but sometimes there may be a few instances where lagging has been an issue. but that has not been such an issue that has caused us not to be able to launch the applications that rely on citrix workspace

Gilad
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

One of the best ways for to control your remote workspace

Reviewed on 18/10/2020

My overall experience is great, it is really fills amazing to control my remote desktop using it. in many ways it feels like working physically on my PC.

Pros

I like the ease of access my remote desktop, despite there are many authentications in the middle, most of them are saved on the browser. The access to my remote workspace is extremely impressive and most windows key and shortcuts working great.
The support of few screens make it way good for my usage (working with terminals).

Cons

It isn't easy to copy/paste of text and flies from the base computer, feature which is extremely important.
When there are connectivity issues, there is lack of information in order to debug the reason. The auto log in doesn't work all the time so I am finding my self typing my credentials many times

Jessica

Citrix Workspace

Reviewed on 29/4/2021

Citrix Workspace has improved from several years ago and now works seamlessly in the background with other applications that require it.

Pros

Citrix Workspace allows me to connect to other required software and provides a secure safety net in order to do so. It's primarily in the background while using other apps, but runs smoothly.

Cons

When we first started using this software ~5 years ago, there were definitely some kinks and the program did not always run smoothly. They seemed to have worked the kinks out and the product has greatly improved.

Inconsistent

Reviewed on 30/3/2021

The most beneficial part is being able to work from anywhere and on any computer. It's made the transition during the pandemic doable for my entire company.

Pros

I like how I'm able to access my company's remote server on any one of my computers and anywhere in the world.

Cons

It is spotty and at times, it says I'm logged in but doesn't fully log in. The app doesn't work on my Mac or Dell so I always have to log in through a web browser.

• Industry: Banking

Popular remote desktop for corporations

Reviewed on 20/3/2023

Pros

I can access work applications from many places without worrying to get to a specific computer.

Cons

Some applications are not optimized - so they lag a lot.

Gloria
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

In invaluable tool in my job working from home

Reviewed on 22/5/2021

Overall, Citrix Workspace is a valuable tool for Customer Service agents especially those working from home. It gives you access to the different programs needed to do the job and all the apps are consolidated in the general citrix workspace page.

Pros

I like that it is user friendly, generally very reliable and has needed applications in one page.

Cons

My biggest pet peeve about this software is that it times out throughout my shift. When that happens it forces me to have to log back in and can throw my open apps out of synch.

Elroy
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Work from home made simple

Reviewed on 5/4/2022

Great tool for monitoring employees who work offsite, however it lacks simplicity.

Pros

What I like mostly about this software is that it makes communicating between different individual across the organization very easy and simple. Its a great toll to use to monitor employees that work offsite, it tells the idle time and/or time spent away from the computer. Its great to share files across departments as well which can be edited and made available to pertinent individuals.

Cons

It uses a virtual computer which may be a contributory factor as to the reason why it slows down throughout the day. It appears as it there is a server problem as no matter how fast your internet is, it continues to slow down.

Jalen
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reliable Virtual Desktop

Reviewed on 7/7/2021

Citrix has been reliable and full of useful features in the many years I've used it.

Pros

Citrix is easily accessible from a browser on any desktop or an app on any mobile device. This makes work from home a very simple task.

Cons

Password resets can be frequent and if you're not attentive you'll have to call support to set up a new password if you miss the deadline.

Sergio

Great when it works

Reviewed on 15/6/2021

With the exception of poor integration from our tech support, I have been very happy with Citrix as it does what it needs to do.

Pros

When it works, it gives no issues. Allows me to remotely access my work desktop, and integrates nicely with my Mac; all of my peripherals work, and it is secure.

Cons

I am hardwired to Fiber Optic internet, yet occasionally (2-3 times a day) Citrix will lose connection and this requires that I wait 2 full minutes before I'm able to re-sign in. This has a negative effect on my productivity, especially as it is unpredictable. I believe that this may be how my tech team integrates it, but it is still a major inconvenience.

Shannon

Citrix Workspace Review

Reviewed on 10/8/2021

Overall, it can be difficult to use and has many glitches

Overall, it can be difficult to use and has many glitches

Pros

I like that I can use the workspace to view all my applications such as skype and email

Cons

Citrix workspace often times fails or has issues logging in and then I have to reset the workspace, log out or re download the workspace

Anuj
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Strong product, but frequent updates

Reviewed on 26/7/2022

Pros

Overall frequent use makes patient care for our physicians simple at home.

Cons

Often requires a second start up; sends a lot of background notifications when users are not actively using it.

• Industry: Automotive

Citrix Storefront is the perfect application to house your Citrix Servers

Reviewed on 7/4/2020

The ability to have one central location means less work for the user.

The ability to have one central location means less work for the user.

Pros

The ability to have all your Citrix Servers in one location that you can click to access is helpful versus having to remember specific URLs to access.

Cons

Nothing so far. This has been a far better option than when we had to manually remember the URL for the Citrix environment we wanted to connect to.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Useful for large businesses

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Good but not enough

Good but not enough

Pros

It is good to access production systems wherever you connect without security concerns.

Cons

The performance and connection lost cases kills the developer productivity.

Deonna
Deonna

Great for remote work

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

Overall, I wouldn't be able to do my job without it. I answer calls, and emails and use it to do live chats so in part it's a tremendous need for my job.

Pros

It's effortless to navigate. Once you know the system you should have no problems learning tricks about the system. It gives us a significant override of our site.

Cons

It does sometimes freeze and can be slow which sometimes affects work time. I wish the system would also tell you more when it needed an update.

Jeff
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Citrix desktop is functional but needs work

Reviewed on 30/6/2021

Pros

I can access my published applications remotely.

Cons

The video and sound quality is lacking. Slowness issues.

Matthew
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

Stick with VMWare and stay as far away from Citrix as possible

Reviewed on 11/5/2021

Negative. This was not an intuitive tool to use or solution to manage.

Negative. This was not an intuitive tool to use or solution to manage.

Pros

Citrix is a less that decent solution for workspace virtualization. From an administrator and user perspective it is simply more work than it is worth and requires more training than it is worth.

Cons

Pushing images and updating software was tedious and was not at all streamlined. We lost our Citrix guru prior to me coming on board and this was a nightmare to manage.

Damon

Overall Satifaction

Reviewed on 26/4/2022

Pros

Ease of use and functionality are what I like most.

Cons

The issue of it asking to set up an account versus just running in the background after installing is a set that throws our users off.

Citrix Workspace does the job and does it well.

Reviewed on 11/7/2021

Pros

Easy to connect and share
Access everything from one place
Simple and effective UI
Security and Reliability

Cons

Connectivity issues
Slow at launch
Some minor glitches

Annabel

Does what it should do but that's it

Reviewed on 28/4/2023

We are required to use Citrix Workspace when working remotely to access our desktop and get access to our documents and programs.

Pros

The way of connecting and logging in can take some time using 2FA. Once logged in, you can use it as you would work in the office instead of remotely.

Cons

The user interface is outdated. It takes you back to the 00s. The interface looks old and you can't share documents from your remote desktop to your own desktop.

Melisa
  • Industry: Insurance

Not the greatest

Reviewed on 30/6/2022

I would give it a 5/10

I would give it a 5/10

Pros

It is easy to log into, and allows me to get the job at hand completed

Cons

A lot of errors and glitches on a daily basis. Have to log out and back in multiple times a day