Citrix Workspace

Digital workspace & workflow management platform

3.6/5

Narasimhan (nari) S.
  • Industry: Research

Mediocre Software From Entrenched Company Claiming to Secure Things

Reviewed on 31/3/2021

Citrix does not solve any problems. It creates more problems and till date information security issues continue to abound partly because a secure, user friendly solution has not been built. As long as companies like Citrix keep hogging that space nothing is going to change.

Pros

It probably has some level of encryption but the best way they secure everything is preventing users from using it much. Less use, less risk of any compromise. Just like car insurance, if you drive it less, less chance of getting into an accident, right?

Cons

Highly buggy software when in conjuction with Microsoft Outlook WBA. Not sure who exactly gets the full blame but Citrix does itself little favor by making things like password changes way hard and by rolling out buggy clients that are supposed to make governmental software "safer" they essentially make it very hard to use.

Cheryl H.
  • Industry: Government Relations
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Remote working as a permanent option

Reviewed on 14/5/2021

Our IT department luckily managed to roll out Citrix for the whole company (700+ people) just in time for the pandemic. This made the switch from office work to home working relatively easy. I have everything I need at my fingertips whether I am at the office or anywhere else. It's very convenient. Multiple work spaces and the possibility to connect to more branches.

Pros

This software has allowed me to work from home full-time during the pandemic with a minimum of problems. Multiple screens and workspaces also no problem.

Cons

I have to actively look for updates, I don't get automatic notifications if there's a new version available.

Marvin L.

Citrix Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 5/4/2021

All in all, I will give a neutral review. The reason is, having a continuous connection with the tools I'm using to be able to assist my subordinates will still be efficient on my end. But would still like to use it because the issue I'm experiencing does not apply every time.

Pros

I'm a Subject Matter Expert in an IT company and we are using Citrix to be able to use the tools that require the Companies Intranet. The good thing about the software is being flexible, as I can access the tools I need to pullup inside Citrix without me using the Company's computer. User friendliness is also a good thing for this application, it is very easy to use because of it's interface.

Cons

Things I would not like with the application is, sometimes it is sluggish and disconnects. I experience it, and being a Subject Matter Expert I need to respond to my subordinates with their queries and assist them with their tasks.

Jessica S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 29/4/2021

Citrix Workspace has improved from several years ago and now works seamlessly in the background with other applications that require it.

Pros

Citrix Workspace allows me to connect to other required software and provides a secure safety net in order to do so. It's primarily in the background while using other apps, but runs smoothly.

Cons

When we first started using this software ~5 years ago, there were definitely some kinks and the program did not always run smoothly. They seemed to have worked the kinks out and the product has greatly improved.

Vadiraja T.

Easier and more professional

Reviewed on 8/7/2021

Easier to use, better performance and simple interface... This explains everything.

Pros

The interface they give for both windows and Android is my favourite, the kind of attention to detail is commendable.

Cons

The permissions issue which comes every second is a bit annoying to me where I don't want to give all the access to the workspace.

Amber A.

Hospital Grade Document's

Reviewed on 14/7/2021

I think its been really helpful with our facility to easily have access to all the clients records. We don't have to send as many emails to get the information received.

Pros

I think the record keeping and ability to have immediate acces to information facilitates better services for our clients. I like the different ways to search for information.

Cons

There are times where its a little slow or changes to existing documents are not able to be made. This can become confusing for people

Talib J.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

A great tool to use for a secure working environment

Reviewed on 21/4/2021

This tool overall is great.

Pros

I like the fact that the implementation was simple and very quick and this tool is incredibly easy to use. It's just like plug and play!

Cons

Nothing really, there is nothing to say really that this tool can improve on

Mohamed A.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Very important tool, especially for home workers

Reviewed on 2/10/2020

Pros

It is easy to use once you get fimilar with all the features. It helped a lot when we had to work from home due to COVID-19 to have virtual environment.

Cons

Once you lose internet connection system freezes for 5 minutes trying to reconnect. I wish it was even possible to navigate through or exit to desktop to troubleshoot, or connect to a different network.

• Industry: Banking

Citrix Workspace Review

Reviewed on 11/4/2021

Pros

Easy to access my remote workspace tool. You can download the app and install it right away.

Cons

You need specialized set of headphones if you are utilizing the app and would need to use voip.

Thilina D.
  • Industry: Insurance

Working at Home made easy using Citrix Worspace

Reviewed on 22/7/2021

Pros

With Citrix Workspace, Each employee has an assigned virtual desktop space to their work with easy access

Cons

Connectivity gets laggy sometime and there were occasional delays in response.

Burak C.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used for 6-12 months

Safe and Reliable

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

Pros

Grants multiple users to access and connect to a desktop and the main reason of usage of Citrix is it's being safe and reliability. Also does not cost lots of cpu speed and takes very less amount of ram. And allows users to work with large files easily and efficiently.

Cons

When there is zero connections, the connection center disappears while it is open for no reason. The menus and letters are blurry. There is a deletion of saved passwords feature but it doesn't show what passwords have been saved, there is no list of them. More features need to be added.

Shari H.
  • Industry: Insurance

Citrix Workspace Home Business Review

Reviewed on 14/7/2021

Pros

The software has all and it of the apps that I need to use to do my services on a work day basis. It also stays open in the background if I need to open another app.

Cons

The only con is that when I login, I sometimes need to refresh the software to see all of my apps. It is a great software p program overall.

Erika R.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Quite hard to use

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

It's okay. I just use it because of the company policy.

Pros

Honestly, it does the job and allows me to login to the intranet of my company. No other comments but this.

Cons

It is not very intuitive to log in and use it. It is quite annoying to use it at first but then you just get used to.

Zouhair L.
  • Industry: Investment Management

Excellent desktop provier

Reviewed on 30/3/2020

Pros

Citrix is fast, reliable and secure. It allows me to connect to my company's computer from home.

Cons

I wish citrix was a little bit smoother and has less lags.

Uğur Y.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

A hero in pandemic time: Citrix Workspace

Reviewed on 16/5/2021

A special view of applications and personalized tasks makes my work easier. I can connect to the office computer from my home and this is incredibly critical, especially during the pandemic period. The application works stable and I can recommend it to everyone.

Pros

I can connect to the office computer from anywhere. In this way, I can easily access my files in the local network.

Cons

The program meets all my expectations. I hope it always works stably. However, if my internet connection is a bit weak, I can sometimes find it difficult to connect. But since this is more about my connection, I don't have a big expectation from Citrix on this issue.

Erin K.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 10/11/2021

Pros

I used Citrix Workspace daily to get to apps that I used daily such as MyHR, Core Connect and Encompass just to name a few. Whether its to remote log in from home or the office, its very user friendly and has everything you need in one place.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about this software. It services it's purpose for me, Ive never had any issues.

Marko P.

Reliable and simple to use tool for remote access and support.

Reviewed on 31/3/2021

I have been using Citrix profesionally as a remote access tool for years now and I find purposeful and easy to use. For comparison reasons, I will compare it to TeamViewer which I have used a lot privately. Apart from more and advanced options, TeamViewer has better response time and less lag. Also, Citrix is not able to send or “inject” all the windows commands and shortcuts. Of course there is the toolbar with a lot of practical shortcuts such as Task Manager, Control Panel, Windows Explorer etc. File transfer does know to be finnicky from time to time especially when transferring large files, but of course, that might be just my personal experience.

Pros

The tool is reliable and it makes the work done for my team and our needs. It is effective and easy to use.

Cons

Lag, file transfer problems with large files, not able to send windows shortcuts not able to send sound.

Shannon M.

Citrix Workspace Review

Reviewed on 10/8/2021

Overall, it can be difficult to use and has many glitches

Pros

I like that I can use the workspace to view all my applications such as skype and email

Cons

Citrix workspace often times fails or has issues logging in and then I have to reset the workspace, log out or re download the workspace

Stefanos E.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Citrix Workspace review

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Citrix Workspace is a Citrix DaaS solution hosted entirely in the Citrix Cloud. It is very easy to operate by utilizing the Citrix Workspace App client which gives the same look and feel as if working from a traditional Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops implementation on-premise or in a private Cloud. What is particularly useful and interesting is the introduction of Citrix Workspace microApps and Citrix Workspace custom workflows. With microapps, each employee can focus on the tasks which they perform most frequently and use either a microapp which comes out of the box or create a custom one based on their requirements. End users can also create a custom workflow to work with their custom microapps, thus increasing their overall efficiency and productivity without the requirement to have technical expertise in IT.

Pros

I enjoyed the Citrix Workspace MicroApps and the custom workflows which can be created intuitively without any prior technical IT knowledge.

Cons

Given that Citrix Workspace is entirely hosted in the Citrix Cloud, there could be some performance degradation when working in the virtual desktop in some regions around the world, depending on the technical characteristics of the last mile of the end user WAN connection (e.g. high round trip time / latency). This however is getting better as new Citrix Cloud locations are added to the service and the overall global network infrastructure is improving.

Yvonne B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Citrix workspace

Reviewed on 10/5/2021

my overall experience with citrix workspace has been truly a great experience and has caused us to be able to roll out what is needed for each day in the technology world to run the company efficiently

Pros

features that are most impactful is how easy it is to launch on a daily basis. Being that is a very important aspect of our business activities on a daily basis. Without this application we wouldn't be able to function in our daily operations. I really like the flexibility and reliability of this application

Cons

the integration was not difficult, but sometimes there may be a few instances where lagging has been an issue. but that has not been such an issue that has caused us not to be able to launch the applications that rely on citrix workspace

Casey C.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Very Segure

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

It is easy to use and we really enjoy that it is secure, so do our clients.

Pros

I enjoy this because if you dont want to go to sharefile to send secure documents, you just click the button on your email and it secures it for you!

Cons

The new double verification is a pain and very frustrating when we have to do that every time we use it! If I am on the phone with a client, I have to sometimes get a verification to look something up and then place them on hold in order to answer that verification call. It is not practical.

Courtney I.

Decent Software

Reviewed on 20/6/2021

It’s been fine, but I don’t love the crashing.

Pros

I like everything that Citrix is capable of doing. It is the main program that I use each day to enter students, calculate their graduation date, and keep track of placement data. Our company uses this program very often.

Cons

The program crashes at least once a day. Everyone in my company experiences this problem and it can be very frustrating to be in the middle of work and then lose it and have to open the program and start over.

Jeff S.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Citrix desktop is functional but needs work

Reviewed on 30/6/2021

Pros

I can access my published applications remotely.

Cons

The video and sound quality is lacking. Slowness issues.

Kenton W.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Citrix Workspace allows me to work from home during the pandemic

Reviewed on 21/7/2021

Citrix Workspace is an excellent software for accessing work files from home, but it has some hurdles to overcome while setting up.

Pros

Citrix Workspace allows me to login and access my files at work from home. It is very effective after getting it setup. Easy to use once set up.

Cons

The setup experience was a bit awkward and I needed some assistance from It to get it to work on my home computer.

Danielle P.

Reviewed on 24/8/2021

If management would approved use terminating this program today, we would. Over half of our tickets are Citrix related on our helpdesk queue.

Pros

I like that if we lose power my work is saved in the virtual environment so I can return back to my work quickly once the issue is resolved.

Cons

We have connectivity issues on regular basis internally and with our clients. These issues haven't been able to be corrected by support for months. Having to tell a client that Citrix's own support team cannot fix their issues when they call every morning havi9ng issues logging in is frustrating and makes us look bad.