SpotOn Restaurant

Restaurant POS for payment processing

4.6 /5 (80 reviews) Write a Review!
4.8
Pamela H.
Industry: Restaurants

SpotOn as a management tool

Reviewed on 5/12/2020

I can access data that helps me manage costs.

Pros

SpotOn has given me the data access I need to manage my business from a macro as well as micro perspective. The software is easy to access and utilize. I highly recommend SpotOn for the restaurant environment.

Cons

I have not identified any negative aspects of the software at this time.

Jason N.

SpotOn in Vegas

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

My reps have been great. My guy who programmed my equipment was great. Install was a piece of cake. Disappointed with loyalty program, quality of website (not easy to work with). CC processing percentage just a hair over 2%.

Pros

Ease of use. Able to make adjustments and changes quickly and easily. If ever any difficulty, customer support usually helps me through it quickly.

Cons

Issues in the programming. Had an issue with my tablets where the guests tips were disappearing after swiping on unit and guest signing electronically. 9 months later the issue is still not solved.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Nick K.
Industry: Restaurants

Changed the way I thought about Merchant Services!!!

Reviewed on 14/4/2020

Everything has been awesome. The idea of putting money into our system when ours was functional was a difficult one. But looking back it was just a matter of jumping. I haven't looked back and the money I've saved has more than offset any costs. Honestly though, the service isn't like anything I've seen from a merchant services company before. It'll be interesting to see if the other guys like Toast, Breadcrumb, etc. try to mimic their business model.

Pros

The reporting features are insane. I've been able to create custom subscriptions so that the reports that I love the most are just sent to me every Monday morning. The service is also incredible. Our rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], checks in with us regularly just to see how business is going and regularly offers creative ideas of how to increase revenue. It's like having a free in-house business consultant. When COVID-19 hit, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] called us immediately to start walking us through ideas that have kept us open. I also love that the software is cloud-based. I've had servers call me at home with issues that I was able to fix from my couch. HIGHLY recommend!!

Cons

This is the first time that I've actually paid a subscription for POS software so that took some getting over. We had Micros/Upserve before. But once I started utilizing the features that I was paying for I could see the value. Will never go back to the old PC in the back office.

Rachael B.

Progressive POS

Reviewed on 15/2/2020

In the 6 months of using Spot On I have been more than pleased with the advancement of technology for this POS system. Coming from the older time of Aloha and Micros I have never used a POS that has created such ease for daily reporting, managing sales and labor, daily employee maintenance, menu maintenance, employee on-boarding, daily projections, and future forecasting . The real time feature that allows you to instantly make changes to any platform of the system allows for no lost time which is crucial in a high volume restaurant. The support team has been excellent with a level of personal attention that has always fallen through the cracks with other POS systems.

Pros

Progressive, accurate, and efficient point of sale technology.

Cons

The fact that I can do anything remotely LOL! Only a con that if I have personal time away from the restaurant they know I can access all systems and make any daily changes or admin that needs to be done but at the same time being able to sit on a beach and to do payroll isn't so bad :)

Ray V.
Industry: Restaurants

Best Nex Gen POS on the market!

Reviewed on 14/5/2020

It is so refreshing to implement changes and upgrades that take minutes instead of days. We are no longer limited to being physically at the restaurant in order to access reports and data.

Pros

Finally, after 30 years in the restaurant industry, we have a POS system that has taken our operations to the next level. Our initial install (which took one day), was seamless and by far the easiest that we have ever experienced. At the top of our list of why we are true believers in SpotOn, is their amazing support and team. The SpotOn system is easy to use, intuitive for team members, and provides all the critical reporting capabilities. The value proposition of SpotOn Restaurant cannot be beat, and we highly recommend making the switch.

Cons

All of our initial concerns and "needs" were resolved very quickly. My team was so excited about "customizing" our new POS system that we had to push them out of the office and back on to the dining room floor.

Valencia V.

Why I Chose 'Restaurant POS' from Spoton

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

I haven't had any complaints except for the front- facing customer credit card processor. It always goes down on a daily basis and it's been more of a hassle tha. A help for both me and my customers.

Pros

The system is very high tech and has many features that allows good restaurant management and has many features that helps with reporting.

Cons

The Restaurant POS may be too advanced for my small restaurant

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Brent B.
Industry: Hospitality

Amazing

Reviewed on 4/2/2020

My bar managers, my servers and my managers and raved about it. We are a very Busy place sometimes doing 2500 checks in one afternoon and we never had a problem.

Pros

Working with there administrative team to integrate into our CRM was simple. They works to find Solutions we never heard the word NO.

Cons

That we didn’t start to work with Spot on sooner

Steve R.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Product Packed with Features!

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Pros

I believe that the integrated loyalty program as well as the “check in” tablet creates a great promotional tool that with a large web of businesses can help to create business for all incorporated with Spot On. Being able to see reports in mobile app is a plus too! Also being in full control of my pos to implement changes from any computer is a must for me!!

Cons

It is quite different from most POS systems I have used.

Brittany O.

Spot - On Rocks!

Reviewed on 17/4/2020

I love it, I think it works great for us and I LOVE the customer support and also our sales Rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

I love how easy it is to customize things. I think working with the Spot On team has been very easy and they are very helpful. When we have been in need of assistance they have been there for us within minutes, and that has been really helpful.

I think its important that you can customize it. Every business is different - It is not a classic point of sale system I think it goes beyond that.

Cons

I would say the thing I like least about it would be nothing.

Christopher B.

Academy Tavern SpotOn Review

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the Staff have been great, guiding us through the information and installation processes.

Pros

It takes a unique approach to POS systems, and their adaptation to the ever hanging marketplace.

Cons

Too early to say, since install was today. Dealing with some initial kinks now.

Sean H.

POS System for Pinpointed Objectives

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Pros

Best thing about SpotOn is the customer service and the attention to detail for our company's objectives. They also cut a lot of fees out to personalize the service to our exact business needs.

Cons

Nothing, everything is going great and I would recommend to any business.

George S.

Amazing product and service

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

Absolutely incredible

Pros

Ease of use, it’s so easy to navigate! I recommend to everyone I know

Cons

There is nothing I don’t like about this software

Sunny C.

It really is "Spot ON"

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Unfortunately, Point of sale systems are not easy. There will always be something you do get or don't like about them. Because we have a large menu with lots of customizations we had to do most of the work ourselves to set it up. But honestly it does make it so my team understands how to utilize the system which can be helpful. To be fair is is 2020 and everyone is overwhelmed so all in all I am a happy customer. The Reporting side of it is truly awesome! We have yet to use the customer loyalty part of the system but are looking to get that rolling soon.

Pros

The reporting back end of this software is amazing. We have a lot of items and modifiers so having the Spot on team be willing to work with us to nail every thing down was important.

Cons

There were quite a few glitches in the beginning and because of COVID things got lost in the mix especially with install and hardware fixes. The team is very overwhelmed and sometimes we have just not received follow up, follow through or accountability on issues. We have had a few customers complain that the OLO App. does not work on their phones. Weird glitches on some reports really set us back months which is a bummer.

Tori W.

Great product

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Pros

The system is easy to use and quick to learn. Menu items can easily be changed or added and updates instantly.

Cons

Internet is a huge issue. If you do not have great internet it is a problem. If there is a spotty connection you can not use the program at all. It usually goes out during critical and busy times. This definitely needs fixed. There is a back up Internet that can be used but won’t turn on unless there is no connection at all.

Tobby n tabitha J.

Troubles gone away

Reviewed on 6/11/2020

There are so many people that have helped during the process of setup. The customer support is the best part. I never felt alone or as if things wouldn't get better. Great team! Great product.

Pros

Once everything is setup, the software is very easy to use. Not rocket science like I tell my staff. You click the right buttons and everything is a breeze.

Cons

The setup was awful. It took awhile to get things the way we needed them. Between us not knowing what we needed and Spot on trying to read our minds the process was rough but once we got it setup it has been great.

Nimer M.

EASE of Use

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Love it- easy to use, team helps ALOT whenever I have issues or concerns. GREAT to work with

Pros

Love the fact that everything lives within the same ecosystem. Emails, management, analytics etc. EASY

Cons

Only thing is I need better social media coverage

Bethany C.

Best deal

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Our experience with SpotOn has been wonderful!

Pros

We really love how easy the SpotOn team made setup and implementation. Any time we ran into an issue, they helped resolve it immediately. My staff and customers really enjoy the interface.

Cons

I didn't love how many different windows I needed to use. 3 is too many, to be honest. I couldn't remember what function was where, and needed to remember 3 different passwords.

Andrew D.

Game Changer

Reviewed on 23/4/2020

Spoton has been great from the start from the sales reps presentation to the feedback to the help and just the restaurant industry in general. Our rep had experience in restaurants so he showed us some tricks and shortcuts in creating our menu that was a huge plus for us. He also was very knowledgeable in marketing so he offered his guidance for free which helped us grow our business with online ordering.

Pros

The features I love best about SPOTON restaurant is the support and the ease-of-use. Sales reps was very knowledgeable and supportive. He trained 30 employees on site and was available instantly when we had questions. He was there the whole week when we started the product conversion and actually did some free advertising for us to show his support. He made us a believer in SPOTON and that showed us that SPOTON really does partner with their merchants with transparency low rates great reporting and all in all best restaurant point-of-sale on the market we have seen we are a spoton customers for life thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for introducing us to SpotOn Restaurant and all of its capabilities.

Cons

The only thing we really didn’t like about the software is the ability to use digital gift cards on the online ordering but we have we have been made aware that this is on its way in development.

Nick V.

Best system ever!

Reviewed on 16/2/2020

I've had no difficulty reaching a service tech 90% of the time. I also appreciate the way more serious problems are immediately escalated to a supervisor who has ALWAYS solved my problem.

Pros

Most of all, it is the simplest system I've ever had for teaching new servers. Secondly, the ability to make adjustments from any computer remote or on-site is fantastic!

Cons

Like any computer, there are occasional glitches. The key is not to panic, and refresh system first before any troubleshooting

Bart D.

Great Experience and Awesome Support

Reviewed on 19/3/2020

The support is award winning in my opinion. Quick responses to early on questions and transparent pricing. Value added 3rd party add one.

Pros

Cloud based with reporting on the cloud. The fact that I can be off premise and have live data and managers app was huge. No contract was impressive and let me know they are with us through good and bad with option to walk away.

Cons

Wish inventory management was more robust or offered within. Not huge issue.

Afrim M.
Industry: Food & Beverages

This is the one you need for business to run

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

Fabulous

Pros

Very simple to use it and fast to learn

Cons

Actually I like it all there is nothing that I don’t like it

Neil Z.
Industry: Farming

Great Restaurant Software - Working to be Great Retail Software

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Having become a SpotOn customer in the middle of a pandemic and seeking to use their restaurant software for a retail store, it had many technical and operational challenges. We were both working in uncharted waters and it was difficult at times. Eventually, SpotOn was able to step up and provide the right level of support to help us. Their support team was always friendly and would frequently escalate matters as they worked to adapt their software for a retail platform. Because changes were instantaneous, we went through a period of incremental changes in order to keep our operation running while adapting the software to our needs. Today, they are proactive in checking on our account and help us quickly when necessary.

Pros

It has online shopping capabilities. In the start of the pandemic, we had to create an online shopping experience in our retail food barn to serve our vulnerable population. SpotOn was there and was competitively priced.

Cons

The customization and setup were initially complicated. There was a steep learning curve for the staff. This was mainly due to our attempt to use restaurant software to run a retail store. But, we made it work with the help of SpotOn support.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Joseph L.

Belladinas

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Happy

Pros

Easy to use and the promise that they are growing and constantly updating

Cons

Inability to engage customer in rewards and contact information

Sheila E.
Industry: Food & Beverages

SpotOn is a highly user friendly & efficient product!

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

This is a product that has made us see how antiquated and inefficient our old system really was! We also have a much higher level of security with this system as we had several fraud chargebacks with our old system. Now we are secure with SpotOn!

Pros

We love the ease of use & being able to change and manage our menus, website and also have the direct online ordering to save huge $$ by customers ordering directly they use instead of a 3rd party app! The terminals are sleek and adaptable to our business needs.

Cons

A few minor bumps getting it all going, but with the exceptional customer support we are now smooth sailing!!!

Billy S.

owner

Reviewed on 3/12/2020

the best systems and nice customers services

Pros

Ordering online was the best systems for us

Cons

i had to call the customers almost everyday about the systems