SpotOn

Rick
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

A True Game Changer

Reviewed on 30/1/2020

Restaurant owners share many of the same struggles in managing and growing their businesses. Issues such as real-time enterprise level reporting, back office updates immediately available on all stations, including their online ordering site, controlling labor cost, and payroll reporting. Additionally with the integration with third party delivery services, the cost savings by eliminating user error is proving to be a huge factor.
SpotOn Restaurant provides the tools and resources that are necessary for independents as well as multi-chain national brands.

Pros

The Freedom Group is a proud dealer of SpotOn Restaurant. We are a company that is passionate about serving our clients with great technology coupled with phenomenal service. SpotOn Restaurant allows us to bring real value to our clients on the technology front, while enabling us to offer a high level of support due to the cloud infrastructure.

Cons

As we have thoroughly enjoyed working with the entire SpotOn team, I do not have any cons to report.

Juliane
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

SpotOn Review for Multiple Brands & Locations

Reviewed on 22/2/2023

Overall we are pleased with SpotOn POS in all of our restaurants. Being so new to the game, it feels at times that their support teams are learning as they go. There are things we have had to figure out on our own with loyalty, gift card processing, email marketing, etc. Sense of urgency when it comes to support is an area of opportunity for SpotOn on, but [sensitive content hidden] and the other members of the Restaurant Success Team have been able to jump in and assist as needed.

Pros

The Above Store dashboard is extremely helpful and easy to use. Reporting is detailed and in real time. Menu Item programming and screen layout is very user friendly and easier than other POS systems. SpotOn Reserve is a great addition at all of our locations and helps speed up seating, wait list estimates, organize reservations and makes our Host teams more efficient. [sensitive content hidden] (SpotOn Restaurant Success Manager) has been an absolute pleasure to work with. She is hands down the most knowledgeable and helpful person on their team!

Cons

Our initial launch was a little rocky, and rolling out gift cards with Valutec and the loyalty program through SpotOn had quite a few speed bumps.

Response from SpotOn

We appreciate your feedback, Juliane. We will be sure to pass this along to the Restaurant Success Team! Small businesses are at the core of local communities, and we're proud to help support you and your business.

DAKIN
  • Industry: Automotive

DO NOT USE SPOTON

Reviewed on 10/5/2024

VERY DISRSPECTFUL. VERY DISRESPECTFUL VERY DISRESPECTFUL

VERY DISRSPECTFUL. VERY DISRESPECTFUL VERY DISRESPECTFUL

Pros

NOTHING CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TRASH AND I AM NOT SATISFIED

Cons

CONTINUED TO CHARGE ME WITH CUSTOMER FEES EVEN AFTER MONTHS OF SPEAKING WITH SOMEONE TO HAVE IT CHANGE SO AFTER THE LAST TIME OF IT I HAPPENING THEY LOCKED ALL MY FUNDS FROM GOING THROUGH AND DIDNT ALLOW MY TRANSACTIONS TO GO THROUGH. TERRIBLE SERVICE

Response from SpotOn

Hi Dakin, We've made several attempts to contact you and help resolve this issue. Can you reach out to me directly at [email protected] with your best contact information so I can help get this resolved?

Angela

Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 11/3/2024

We have not had any major issues. Ease of use and building menus and making changes is a great benefit. Customer service has been great.

Pros

[sensitive content hidden] assisted us in making sure we were able to make our expo screen work to fit our needs. If he was not able to assist with features we wanted to be able to use, he researched how to make them work for us.
[sensitive content hidden] has always been a great help with questions regarding answered quickly and made sure I was passed on to the correct person, to assist us.

Cons

The order entering screen is sometimes way more steps than it seems it should be.

Response from SpotOn

We appreciate the feedback, Angela, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear about your experience with our customer support team and look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Calar

The Dymond Experience Review

Reviewed on 17/11/2023

Most of my business comes through them because that’s where I direct my customers so there’s a trust there

Pros

The convenience of the system and the help creating a menu and their hands on approach to getting me set up.

Cons

I don’t like that my accounts has been charged 3 different times for amounts that should not have. They are in the process of rectifying it but it’s an inconvenience

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn

More Quality Service and a better explanation of their work and what I wanted aligned with them

ChowNow

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn

It felt right and aligned with the direction I wanted for my business

Response from SpotOn

Thank you for the feedback, Calar. We're happy to hear about your experience with menu creation and our support team. We apologize for the difficulty with the charges - if you have any more issues with this, please don't hesitate to reach us at [email protected]. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Rachel

SpotOn review for Rachel's Cafe and Creperie

Reviewed on 23/11/2023

very good! we have had minimal issues and when we do they are usually pretty quick and easy to fix

Pros

ease of use and our friendly and SUPER helpful local tech wizard [sensitive content hidden]

Cons

has the occasional glitch and the phone customer service line can be tricky and take a long time to get through/get a call back sometimes

Response from SpotOn

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to leave us a review, Rachel. We're happy to hear about your experience with customer service, and we've passed along your additional feedback on glitches & wait times to the appropriate teams on our end. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Heathee

Switch now

Reviewed on 9/11/2023

Great experience from the start but I enjoy the personal touch of the techs walking me through the process and their advice etc. [sensitive content hidden] is my preferred go to if he’s available. Very helpful!

Pros

Hands on help from the rep to set and customer service throughout the whole process. Once you’re set up it’s very convenient for the employees to use and cut out all unnecessary steps

Cons

I’m really glad we switched from our previous system. We didn’t want to lose money and deal with the hassle but I’m glad we made the correct decision.

Response from SpotOn

Thanks for the shoutout, Heather! Customer service is important to us, and we're happy to hear about your experience with our team. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we're proud to help support them and the people who run them.

Mina
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great investment for your business to succeed

Reviewed on 9/11/2023

I LOVE IT! and i am a hard business owner to please! The entire team that i worked with from the beginning were and still hands on. Thanks to everyone

Pros

Effective and in point and has tons of options for my restaurant, customer service is outstanding, back up router is a huge plus when the Internet goes down you can still be able to operate

Cons

Closing day report need to be more clear

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn

Compared the options and SpotOn got my attention

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn

After scheduling a demo with SpotOn engineer i came to understanding that it's the right product for my restaurant

Response from SpotOn

Thank you for your kind words, Mina, and for taking the time to leave us a review. We're proud to help support you and your business.

Nick

Best system ever!

Reviewed on 16/2/2020

I've had no difficulty reaching a service tech 90% of the time. I also appreciate the way more serious problems are immediately escalated to a supervisor who has ALWAYS solved my problem.

Pros

Most of all, it is the simplest system I've ever had for teaching new servers. Secondly, the ability to make adjustments from any computer remote or on-site is fantastic!

Cons

Like any computer, there are occasional glitches. The key is not to panic, and refresh system first before any troubleshooting

Tori

Great product

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Pros

The system is easy to use and quick to learn. Menu items can easily be changed or added and updates instantly.

Cons

Internet is a huge issue. If you do not have great internet it is a problem. If there is a spotty connection you can not use the program at all. It usually goes out during critical and busy times. This definitely needs fixed. There is a back up Internet that can be used but won’t turn on unless there is no connection at all.

Andrew

Game Changer

Reviewed on 23/4/2020

Spoton has been great from the start from the sales reps presentation to the feedback to the help and just the restaurant industry in general. Our rep had experience in restaurants so he showed us some tricks and shortcuts in creating our menu that was a huge plus for us. He also was very knowledgeable in marketing so he offered his guidance for free which helped us grow our business with online ordering.

Pros

The features I love best about SPOTON restaurant is the support and the ease-of-use. Sales reps was very knowledgeable and supportive. He trained 30 employees on site and was available instantly when we had questions. He was there the whole week when we started the product conversion and actually did some free advertising for us to show his support. He made us a believer in SPOTON and that showed us that SPOTON really does partner with their merchants with transparency low rates great reporting and all in all best restaurant point-of-sale on the market we have seen we are a spoton customers for life thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for introducing us to SpotOn Restaurant and all of its capabilities.

Cons

The only thing we really didn’t like about the software is the ability to use digital gift cards on the online ordering but we have we have been made aware that this is on its way in development.

Maitre'D, Aloha EPOS, Clover and Toast POS

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn

Support was horrible in our rates keep going up where are you and transparent. The system will slow down it’s very unstable. Used it for 8 years.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn

There was really no comparison in the features they offered for 40 to 50% lower with continued free support and updates cloud-based with free mobile back up plus all the marketing you get with the SpotOn platform was a huge deciding factor for us plus our rep was honest about each one of our choices he didn’t downgrade any other company just told us the difference between the competitors. We checked his data and he was 100% honest.
Heidi
  • Industry: Food Production

Regret switching to Spoton

Reviewed on 15/4/2022

Customer service is typically easy to get ahold of. They try but sometimes it is beyond them and they send you up the chain and that is where I found that I got really no where.

I couldn't figure out sales originally and I get passed to different people. A month later kind of figured it out but extremely time consuming. Due to flaws in the system. Supposedly going to get fixed but who knows when and it will not revert back so it will only be going forward.

I personally would have not made the switch and now I know to ask a lot more detailed questions.
Ask to see marketing.
Ask to see reports and understand what the numbers mean and how it ties out.

Pros

I liked that Door Dash delivery was built into the system.
Eventually got the menu setup the way I want it to look but it took a lot of hours and creative ways of getting it into the POS and then online ordering. Hours put in by me via customer support as they were not that helpful in regards to this.

Cons

The reporting is horrible. I need 3 reports to book 1 day sales.
There are 3 different websites vs everything being on 1 website.
You can't do a refund for an online order. You are required to call customer support or go to yet another website and request the refund.
Only refunds that you can do is if remove the credit card info and reenter it.
Menu creation did not go well. There is no audit trail and things are to easy to change. As soon as you change something there is no going back. It is done and updated. Should have a confirm before changing.
Things would randomly change over night. I believe that Spoton people would go in and think they are fixing something but it would make it worse.
Implementation did not go well due to so many menu issues. Ended up need to duplicate a number of items one for online ordering and one for the POS due to they don't work together.
Some reports you can't view more than 1 day a time.
Day of the week starts on a Monday vs a Sunday. Extremely annoying for me. Weekly reports are Monday - Sunday. Cant find a way to fix this.
Marketing and loyalty are a joke. Marketing campaign does not tell you how much sales were done via a click through the campaign. The templates for marketing are not very good. If you still consider Spoton after this do not go for the marketing. There are better options out there for the same or less price.
Sales tax has different amounts in the same report. They say to ignore one. So remove it.

Revel Systems and Toast POS

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn

Was not Square for Restaurant so missing a lot of features.

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn

Cost and what I expected them to have. Nothing works really as they stated it would.

Response from SpotOn

We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had with reporting! I've alerted our success team and they will be reaching out to you shortly to help explain the reporting functionality. Please don't hesitate to reach out directly at [email protected] for additional assistance in the future.

Reagan

Wish I would've looked at reviews

Reviewed on 14/7/2023

I have had nothing but issues from the very moment I agreed to sign up. I was sold hard on the program as it was hard for me to make the change, and once I signed up- it was nothing but issues. At one point I just went back to my original Point of Sale and continued just making my monthly payments on the SpotOn program still trying to get my funds refunded back to me. One of the managers actually had the audacity to negotiate my refund amount with me. Then told me my previous rep had called them and told them she didn't make a mistake and that I had signed up for splitting the transaction fee with my customer? WHAT.

Pros

I thought the ease of taking a credit card as payment would be beneficial to my business. A lot of Point of Sale systems charge a transaction fee for each transaction, so to me, it should help me make things flow smoother day to day.

Cons

What I like the very least about SpotOn is the amount of missing funds that I found when I looked into my account. I had to then go spend quite a bit of time double checking everything to make sure I was getting paid. That alone was the biggest deterrent. The application, and what I found out later was their only contract, which was unfortunate because our service representative signed us up for both fee options not one or the other. Our business had the option to pass along the fee to the customer or to split the fee with the customer. For some reason, we were signed up for both. We had some pages that were showing one way and others for another option. I trusted my rep to submit the application in completion and for some reason that did not happen. The odd thing was that a couple months into our contract, the fee was option was switched. They claimed it was changed because it was incorrect. No one informed us of this. The new fee was different from what I had intially signed up for. One rep on the phone looked up our contract online and also made the statement that it looked like we had signed up for both options. But how could that have made any sense? Were we getting charged for even more? I reached out to my rep about the fees coming out on our end as well as the customers and was told she would look into it. Never heard back. Months later when my funds got frozen, I reached out to her only to find out she was let go. No one told me, I just was left without help.

Response from SpotOn

Hi Reagan, we're sorry to hear about the frustration you've experienced. It looks like we've been actively working with you on a resolution for the past week, and we look forward to getting things resolved for you as soon as possible!

Bret

Glad I made the switch

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Exellent! Customer service has fixed all issues with one call! I never need to call back or send an email again it has saved me time and MONEY!!!

Pros

Easy to use, great customization, awesome customer service, Sales Rep delivered as promised! Backend of system is easy to use, I have more control over my stores now! Also the add on features of Reserve which I will start using soon, loyalty programs and integrations are a plus!!

I love the ability to control overrides on pricing, discounts, voids all from my phone and I can be anywhere!!

Cons

So its more of an inconvenience, in order for my phone to ping for a an override I must logged on, so it becomes a slight issue! Other than that its a great system!

Lightspeed Retail and Toast POS

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn

Because of outrageous charges from our previous POS, poor customer service, lack of care for the customer, and them feeling like they were doing us a favor for being our POS System!!!

Heartland Restaurant

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn

Local rep, Complete system setup, pricing was great, and was recommended by friend that owns a restaurant nearby.
trent

BEWARE!! DO NOT USE SPOTON

Reviewed on 6/3/2024

Will be shopping for a new system tonight. Regret every second that I trusted Jake to set up in two locations.

Pros

Nothing. I honestly cannot say one good thing about this system.

Cons

From not allowing us to start a tab with American Express to not allowing us to re adjust a tip if it was entered incorrectly.. For the system to not have a fail safe function to not allow a 1million percent tip is absurd...

Response from SpotOn

Trent, this is not the experience we want you to have, and we sincerely apologize for the issues you've faced. Can you please provide us with the best phone number to reach you at [email protected]? We want to rectify the situation or assist with any additional concerns you may have as soon as possible.

robin

Bar Review

Reviewed on 27/8/2021

Overall very user friendly.

Overall very user friendly.

Pros

Spot On is very easy to use. Great for training new employees to this industry.

Cons

hotline support is weak. return calls are very slow.

we purchased Imagine in 2016 because the cost of Aloha Support

Aloha EPOS

user friendly and price
Shane
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Spoton has gone above and beyond for me and my business!

Reviewed on 12/4/2023

Best payment processor with phenomenal customer supportStill need to sit down and go over intergrating yall's crm!

Pros

I will definitely be staying!Best customer support!Dashboard to process credit cards easy to use and navigate! Portable credit card reader is a life changer and rarely do I have to remember to charge it or turn it off!Super easy bluetooth with app on my phone!

Cons

Intergrate with either Google contacts and or Hubsport crm to import all my existing clients to make emailing receipts and invoicing easier, or intergrate with Zapier to make this happen!

Response from SpotOn

That's music to our ears, Shane! We're happy to hear you're having a great experience with your SpotOn Dashboard and device. Going to pass along your integration/import contacts feedback and make sure the right teams are notified.
We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Steuart

Antonio’s for SpotOn

Reviewed on 7/5/2020

Pros

Ease of use, customization, and back end reporting are amazing. Far more business analytics than most people will ever use. Customer support is incredible!!

Cons

There’s not really anything we don’t like. It’s easy to use and the support team keeps us going when we need to change or update something.

Clover, Revel Systems and Toast POS

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn

Focus was horrible and customer support was non existent

Reasons for Switching to SpotOn

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made the difference for us! She’s a great rep.
Scott

SpotOn Review

Reviewed on 25/8/2021

From sales cycle to installation to on-going support, this company responds and with amazing capabilities!!!

Pros

How easy. it is to use and it's very intuitive. From the very start, our sales rep was truthful (hard to find), dependable, and. actually delivers on absolutely everything he says will be done or can be done and he's there is any capacity I need him, even after the sales cycle has ended. I know I can count on [SENSETIVE CONTENT] and anyone I contact at the company for assistance!!!

Cons

I wish all the various, behind the scenes, capacities were grouped in one location so you wouldn't have to check various areas to find the command you are looking for.

Sam

Switch and Save!

Reviewed on 10/6/2022

We have been blown away with how easy it is to use, the fast go-live time, and the benefits we are already seeing. We are receiving more and more online orders, and are saving money through the cash discount program.

Pros

My personal favorite aspects of the SpotOn Restaurant POS system is how easily my staff picked it up. Everyone had it down after one day. On top of that, with the cash discounting, we are saving tons of money.

Cons

The only things we have had issues with is the cc fees being charged to gift card payments, and not having an app for mobile authorizations for Android. I have an iphone and that app works perfectly, but my assistant has android. Any and all minor issues have always been fixed extremely fast.

Lonny

Feedback

Reviewed on 14/3/2023

Very good

Very good

Pros

On behalf of our family and staff, I wanted to give you some feedback after switching to SpotOn in January. First of all, the reporting is light years better than what we using before. Being able to see the daily Sales trends, labor costs, etc. has made us more profitable. Running payroll is much easier and passing information to our accountant is a click of a button. The dual pricing has given us peace of mind that we are passing on all of the cc processing fees. Having the printer in the kitchen has allowed our kitchen staff to view the tickets on the monitor and lowered our ticket times tremendously. On the weekends and before SpotOn we have always had a wait time before seating customers, typically about 40-45 minutes and after being seated ticket times would average about 30 minutes (although we weren't able to track it). Now, with SpotOn we have cut our ticket down by at least 10 minutes allowing us to serve more customers during the weekend. In addition, our FOH is unable to manipulate an order and change orders without getting manager approval. This has resulted in way less food mistakes and delays with service and ticket times.Our restaurant at this time has never been more efficient and the food has never been more consistent than what it is right now. Lastly, training new staff on the new system has been very easy. They pick up on the system quickly compared to the old cumbersome system.

Cons

A few glitches and communication issues on the implementation

Credit card processing fees

Response from SpotOn

Thank you for your very kind words, Lonny.
We're proud to help support you and your business.

Ricardo

SCAM ALERT! It is impossible to cancel the SUBSCRIPTION. CASE #01113490

Reviewed on 3/8/2023

Pros

I am beginning to think that the spoton company is a SCAM. I did not like anything about the comapany and its device, the device was slow to process the transactions and the other half the time it did not process the transactions at all. It has been over two months since i tried cancelling my subscription it has been impossible to cancel. One thing that has been possible is taking money out my account. Every time i called some higher up suppose to call me back but never does. I am going to report this SCAMPANY to the authorities

Response from SpotOn

Ricardo, we are sorry to hear about the issues you experienced. James Clark, a member of our team, has been trying to contact you over the phone and via email. Please let us know if there's a better number or address to reach you at. You should see a refund of $25.00 for the Platform Fee pending on your bank statement today. For additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us at [email protected]

Katie

I love Spoton!

Reviewed on 16/5/2022

Well, we modified spoton and made it our online ordering system during lockdown.
It probably saved...

It probably saved us $3k plus online ordering commissions.

Pros

Easy to use, modifications are easy, wide range of variables built in to customize to your restaurants needs.

Cons

I wish I could customize a blackout time for a specific section by day (instead of all seatings) versus editing the floorplan exceptions. Example: when I know it is going to be 100 degrees tomorrow, that I could create a blackout time, for the patio, from 430-630pm.

Also, I wish we had more characters for reservation messaging.

Lady, I wish we could require credit cards for Google reservations (the verification code confuses people). They think it is a confirmation code.

Response from SpotOn

Thanks for your candid review, Katie! I'm really excited to share with you that we have some solutions for you. 1). Taking Deposits/Credit Card Holds through Google requires changes to the Google process, which we have not been able to do to this point. We will continue to try to get this capability through Reserve with Google.
2). Blocking reservations in a specific section during specific times of operation is currently in development and will be released later this year.
3). The program specifically limits texting to the 160 character carrier limit to control costs associated with the program and maintain Reserve's best value in the industry profile.
4). Reserve will be eliminating its use of verification codes for reservations with the upcoming June 2022 software update. We hope this helps!

nicholas
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Spot On saved my business with top brand dropped me MID AFTERNOON for no reason. Spot on has...

Reviewed on 10/4/2023

its been great. I'm very happy with spot on and have no intentions to leave them , even if a company came along and offered .04 less, id say no.

Pros

they seamlessly took over for my previous company when they dropped me mid afternoon 4 years ago. Im loyal to spot on for that

Cons

it would be nice if they added some value added features like ability to access my money with a visa/mc, or ability to rush money to bank for small %. also, Apple Pay, contactless would be nice.

Response from SpotOn

We love to hear it, Nicholas. We're happy to hear our team was able to get you up and running quickly. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we're proud to help support them and the people who run them.

Kimberly

Need an account representative

Reviewed on 4/11/2022

The phone help support is amazing and they are readily available for assistance. My only complaint is that I don't have an account executive and if I do I can't reach them i have been trying for months and still can not get assistance. The general support has sent emails but no one reaches our.

Pros

Pretty user friendly and the customer support is great

Cons

Satisfied with software very unhappy with the fact I can't reach an account executive

Customer service and accessibility

Response from SpotOn

Hi Kimberly, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and providing this feedback. I'd love to connect you with your dedicated Restaurant Success Manager or Account Executive, but I need some additional information like your restaurant's name to look them up. Please reply to me here at [email protected] so I can better help support you! Best,