SpotOn Restaurant

Restaurant POS for payment processing

4.7 /5 (92 reviews) Write a Review!

Bret A.

Glad I made the switch

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Exellent! Customer service has fixed all issues with one call! I never need to call back or send an email again it has saved me time and MONEY!!!

Pros

Easy to use, great customization, awesome customer service, Sales Rep delivered as promised! Backend of system is easy to use, I have more control over my stores now! Also the add on features of Reserve which I will start using soon, loyalty programs and integrations are a plus!!

I love the ability to control overrides on pricing, discounts, voids all from my phone and I can be anywhere!!

Cons

So its more of an inconvenience, in order for my phone to ping for a an override I must logged on, so it becomes a slight issue! Other than that its a great system!

Brandy R.
  • Industry: Restaurants

SpotOn is exactly what restaurants need!!!

Reviewed on 24/2/2021

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with SpotOn is our sales representative and has provided excellent onsite service. Every issue and question has been answered or addressed within hours if not minutes. The customer service team has been on top of any issue that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] could not personally handle. They are timely and informative. I can't say enough good about this company and software. A true breathe of fresh air!!!

Pros

SpotOn is easy to teach, easy to use and easy to customize on the fly for our daily changing business. After using another Restaurant POS system this one is what we should have started with. Wasted a ton of money with another vendor prior to finding SpotOn. This one integrates with my Payroll company seamlessly. The online ordering platform used was ridiculously easy and provides a more polished seamless look for my company.

Cons

I have not found a con with this software. It is exactly what my business needed.

Brian B.

Stands out from others

Reviewed on 11/1/2021

Spot on has allowed me to consolidate multiple processes into one manageable platform. I can run 90% of my financial off one program that has been tailored to my needs by the spot on crew.

Pros

It’s complete customizable dash allows you to have it your way. The ability to set reporting is also a huge plus. Once set up the way you want it, it becomes second nature and its ease of use is superb.

Cons

It took a while in the beginning to figure it all out and learn how I really wanted it set up. After the learning curve it became smooth sailing.

Sean F.

Really Good POS software

Reviewed on 10/2/2020

Using SpotOn we have become more efficient as a business, reducing waste, tracking profits and trends as well as identifying areas of loss

Pros

Configurability and reporting features, we can track just about every aspect of our business now.

Cons

Phone app sometimes logs out, and I wish they had more integrations

Lorelei S.

SO HAPPY!!

Reviewed on 4/6/2020

AWESOME!

Pros

It does everything to make the experience easier for my employees and the customer.

Cons

Nothing, it’s easy to learn and there isn’t much it can’t do.

Hayden j. P.
  • Industry: Restaurants

5 Stars from Post Oak BBQ!!

Reviewed on 9/3/2021

Pros

Customer service is out of this world!! We love it!

Cons

When you 86 an item for the night I wish it would automatically become available the next service date.

Jerome A.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Finally the ultimate POS system !

Reviewed on 4/2/2020

It's been a delight so far. Their technicians are very competent and responsive. Setting up the system was a breeze and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] our sales rep was available at all times for support.

Pros

Everything. It is very easy to use, it has all the functionality a savy operator is looking for. Their customer service is unmatched.

Cons

Honestly, it is far superior from any system I have used before. We have not encountered any flaws yet.

Robin M.

Restaurant

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

The thing I most impressed with is the customer service. I am able to get someone on the phone quickly and get any help I need, even in the middle of an order. They talk me through the situation. Also, there are so many things offered in connection (social media, webpage, and review management to name a few) and when I procrastinate, they patiently help me move forward to get everything operating. I need a little nudging. It feels like we actually matter to them.

Pros

It is so simple to navigate. I'm able to not only use it but teach it and problem solve with great ease.

Cons

I can't think of anything I'm not happy with.

Brandon P.
  • Industry: Restaurants

SpotOn is just that, spot on!

Reviewed on 15/2/2020

They've saved us thousands of dollars over the years. Can't recommend them enough!

Pros

Very efficient and never let's us down! Easy to use.

Cons

Can't say we have found anything to put as a con for SpotOn.

Anastasia P.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Capitol Coney and Spot on

Reviewed on 14/2/2020

My overall experience would be with the installation of the new EMV for the credit card chips which went very smooth, the customer support was there to assist in the install plus afterwards. Easy no problems.

Pros

Most liked about the software is the easy transformation to the customer, no problems, very easy to use it tells you what to do, easy to training the employees, excellent customer service 24/7 which we need since we are a diner open 24/7, to implement changes from the back of the house are very easy, do my weekly payroll with ease. Next would be online ordering, great job keep it up.

Cons

The least liked about the software is the pricing, need to less expensive.

Jason M.

SpotOn Rocks!

Reviewed on 16/3/2021

Awesome!

Pros

ease of use / great business analytics / good tech support

Cons

None - it works great and setup was really easy

Robert W.

My experience

Reviewed on 4/2/2020

"After working with a different pos for 7 plus years, the transition to SpotOn was smooth and effortless. Could not be happier we switched. The customer support matches the system. One could say it is SpotOn."

Pros

Easy implementation, excellent customer service and support

Cons

So far have had no issues at all. Minor changes that needed to be made were handled by the support team quickly with no interruptions in my business.

Chyanne B.
  • Industry: Food Production

Best customer service! EVER!

Reviewed on 21/11/2020

10/10

Pros

Customer service is a complete ease. They have been so helpful anytime I’ve needed to call them.

Cons

I don’t think there’s anything I don’t like.

Greg W.

Great POS

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

Everything was so smooth and easy. They loaded our large menu and only had several items to add.

Pros

Super easy to learn and use. The reports features are great.

Cons

Nothing really! I struggle this the house accounts but call call anytime.

Christopher W.

Clean, user friendly restaurant POS

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Pros

SpotOn for restaurant POS is ideal. Very easy to use, best customer support I've seen in that sector of the industry. Highly recommend.

Cons

I have not experienced anything I do not like.

Sunny C.

It really is "Spot ON"

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Unfortunately, Point of sale systems are not easy. There will always be something you do get or don't like about them. Because we have a large menu with lots of customizations we had to do most of the work ourselves to set it up. But honestly it does make it so my team understands how to utilize the system which can be helpful. To be fair is is 2020 and everyone is overwhelmed so all in all I am a happy customer. The Reporting side of it is truly awesome! We have yet to use the customer loyalty part of the system but are looking to get that rolling soon.

Pros

The reporting back end of this software is amazing. We have a lot of items and modifiers so having the Spot on team be willing to work with us to nail every thing down was important.

Cons

There were quite a few glitches in the beginning and because of COVID things got lost in the mix especially with install and hardware fixes. The team is very overwhelmed and sometimes we have just not received follow up, follow through or accountability on issues. We have had a few customers complain that the OLO App. does not work on their phones. Weird glitches on some reports really set us back months which is a bummer.

Tobby n tabitha J.

Troubles gone away

Reviewed on 6/11/2020

There are so many people that have helped during the process of setup. The customer support is the best part. I never felt alone or as if things wouldn't get better. Great team! Great product.

Pros

Once everything is setup, the software is very easy to use. Not rocket science like I tell my staff. You click the right buttons and everything is a breeze.

Cons

The setup was awful. It took awhile to get things the way we needed them. Between us not knowing what we needed and Spot on trying to read our minds the process was rough but once we got it setup it has been great.

Nimer M.

EASE of Use

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Love it- easy to use, team helps ALOT whenever I have issues or concerns. GREAT to work with

Pros

Love the fact that everything lives within the same ecosystem. Emails, management, analytics etc. EASY

Cons

Only thing is I need better social media coverage

Andrew D.

Game Changer

Reviewed on 23/4/2020

Spoton has been great from the start from the sales reps presentation to the feedback to the help and just the restaurant industry in general. Our rep had experience in restaurants so he showed us some tricks and shortcuts in creating our menu that was a huge plus for us. He also was very knowledgeable in marketing so he offered his guidance for free which helped us grow our business with online ordering.

Pros

The features I love best about SPOTON restaurant is the support and the ease-of-use. Sales reps was very knowledgeable and supportive. He trained 30 employees on site and was available instantly when we had questions. He was there the whole week when we started the product conversion and actually did some free advertising for us to show his support. He made us a believer in SPOTON and that showed us that SPOTON really does partner with their merchants with transparency low rates great reporting and all in all best restaurant point-of-sale on the market we have seen we are a spoton customers for life thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for introducing us to SpotOn Restaurant and all of its capabilities.

Cons

The only thing we really didn’t like about the software is the ability to use digital gift cards on the online ordering but we have we have been made aware that this is on its way in development.

Nick V.

Best system ever!

Reviewed on 16/2/2020

I've had no difficulty reaching a service tech 90% of the time. I also appreciate the way more serious problems are immediately escalated to a supervisor who has ALWAYS solved my problem.

Pros

Most of all, it is the simplest system I've ever had for teaching new servers. Secondly, the ability to make adjustments from any computer remote or on-site is fantastic!

Cons

Like any computer, there are occasional glitches. The key is not to panic, and refresh system first before any troubleshooting

Bart D.

Great Experience and Awesome Support

Reviewed on 19/3/2020

The support is award winning in my opinion. Quick responses to early on questions and transparent pricing. Value added 3rd party add one.

Pros

Cloud based with reporting on the cloud. The fact that I can be off premise and have live data and managers app was huge. No contract was impressive and let me know they are with us through good and bad with option to walk away.

Cons

Wish inventory management was more robust or offered within. Not huge issue.

Afrim M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

This is the one you need for business to run

Fabulous

Pros

Very simple to use it and fast to learn

Cons

Actually I like it all there is nothing that I don’t like it

Tori W.

Great product

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Pros

The system is easy to use and quick to learn. Menu items can easily be changed or added and updates instantly.

Cons

Internet is a huge issue. If you do not have great internet it is a problem. If there is a spotty connection you can not use the program at all. It usually goes out during critical and busy times. This definitely needs fixed. There is a back up Internet that can be used but won’t turn on unless there is no connection at all.

Neil Z.
  • Industry: Farming

Great Restaurant Software - Working to be Great Retail Software

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Having become a SpotOn customer in the middle of a pandemic and seeking to use their restaurant software for a retail store, it had many technical and operational challenges. We were both working in uncharted waters and it was difficult at times. Eventually, SpotOn was able to step up and provide the right level of support to help us. Their support team was always friendly and would frequently escalate matters as they worked to adapt their software for a retail platform. Because changes were instantaneous, we went through a period of incremental changes in order to keep our operation running while adapting the software to our needs. Today, they are proactive in checking on our account and help us quickly when necessary.

Pros

It has online shopping capabilities. In the start of the pandemic, we had to create an online shopping experience in our retail food barn to serve our vulnerable population. SpotOn was there and was competitively priced.

Cons

The customization and setup were initially complicated. There was a steep learning curve for the staff. This was mainly due to our attempt to use restaurant software to run a retail store. But, we made it work with the help of SpotOn support.

Joseph L.

Belladinas

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Happy

Pros

Easy to use and the promise that they are growing and constantly updating

Cons

Inability to engage customer in rewards and contact information