1,074 reviews

Google Classroom

Teaching and learning collaboration for teachers & students

4.6 /5 (1074 reviews) Write a Review!

1,074 reviews
Abdul rahman M.

Classroom

Reviewed on 11/4/2021

it can easily compete with other platforms but it needs some work.. like also integrating google meet inside the classroom and start a meeting in it , accordingly the recorded video will be automatically announced when finished!

Pros

I liked the simple design and fast to use . also it is responsive to the device screen and also its application.
And it have assignments section and show people

Cons

I can't open an announcement in a new tab, I have to copy the link and paste it or press on it and view it, when I want to click back on the browser , it will return on the last announcement. this is very annoying as a user looking for 10s of announcements! Also watching videos directly is not possible

Abdelrahman M.
  • Industry: Media Production

Google Classroom is just the perfect learning alternative during the pandemic

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

I didn't use about Google Classroom before the pandemic, but after it came and my college had to shut down, we used it as an alternative, and It really provided an unexpected perfect educational environment that made it so close to physically attending to my lectures.

Pros

The best thing I like about Classroom is that it provides a stable connection for the classes, as well as being very user friendly environment and straight to the point.
I also really loved the fact that it constantly reminds you of the upcoming work due dates. And it also has a calendar to keep you updated with everything within your courses.
I liked that its well organized, as there is are three sections for each subject, one for discussions, and its for all the people in the class, which are Teachers and Classmates, and another section for Classwork, and one for the people, which helps you know your classmates in each class.
Its also easy to roll or unroll in a subject, just get the code from the teacher and get in the class.
And after you are finished with any class, you can archive it and get back to it anytime later to see all the lectures and the classwork throughout the semester.

Cons

The only thing I find disturbing is that when people talk in the stream section (or the discussion section), messages get mixed up between teachers and classmates, It would be much better if it had two columns within the stream section, one for students messages, and the other for teachers. Other than that, my experience with Google Classroom is so good.

Daniel F.

A Teacher's Best Friend

Reviewed on 22/2/2020

Google Classroom is a must for any classroom with the technology to support it. Its easy implementation and connection to so many other tools, this will be a hub for your students and create an easy structure for your class - not to mention it is free AND a green solution!

Pros

Google Classroom is the hub for my classes since it easily allows me to connect my students to whatever resources or assignments I might need. Like all other Google Tools, it can connect and collaborate with other Google Tools, it can also connect to other sites. The ability for me to make a Google Form quiz assignment, attach an article from an information database, and implement all the grades afterward into a Classroom gradebook makes it so easy for students to work independently and from wherever they have internet access! Many articles even have a button to share directly with your Google Classroom making it even easier! One other great use for this tool is that if I'm ever sick and not at school, I can add an assignment from my computer, helping substitutes immensely.

Cons

Google Classroom allows for a lot of customization for classes, but I wish it has a little more "behind-the-scenes" tools. For example, other Google tools like Docs allow you to see version history, which could be very helpful in a Classroom setting if you needed to undo a mistake or wanted to see students' interactions with the page.

Debora M.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

The best ally of students and teachers

Reviewed on 14/7/2020

It has been over 3 years since Google Classroom has become one of my main tools in my work as a teacher. I can quickly and easily post classes, activities and reading materials to all my students. It is a program that has become even more relevant with the popularization of distance learning.

Pros

In a few clicks, it is possible to post recorded lessons, reading materials and homework for all students. The correction of the activities becomes much simpler and faster, allowing me to identify the exercises in which the students had more difficulty or even the students who are performing very differently from most of the room. In every post, students can debate among themselves or write questions that I can answer in real-time since I can choose to receive notifications on my smartphone. Another very useful option is the possibility of sending individual feedbacks to each student, ensuring privacy and better communication.

Cons

Minor bugs can make using Google Classroom less intuitive in some cases. Some activity deadline notifications may not appear on your smartphone, only in your Gmail. Another annoying flaw is that when viewing videos from Google Classroom, the program needs to connect to the Google Drive servers, but often it does not connect on the first attempt and returns to the post page, requiring a second click on the video.

Rebecca C.

The BEST way to structure and manage a classroom or group of people.

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Overall, my experience has been very positive. It allows me and my students to stay organized. It holds students accountable for knowing what is expected of them and following up if they are absent. It also helps me stay organized as a leader with other teachers. It keeps all of our resources/activities organized nicely and we can access it anywhere anytime.

Pros

I love love love Google Classroom! I have used this as a teacher with students, as a teacher with other teachers, and as an administrator with my teachers. As a teacher, I love using Google Classroom to organize our daily activities and resources. It allows me to link in projects, questions, assignments, etc in one place. I also love how interactive it is that students can post questions or I can ask a question and have students respond and also comment on each other's post. As a teacher with my coworkers, we have a Google Classroom where we keep all of our resources. We have it organized by each topic and then we all upload specific resources/activities that we use. It is an awesome way to keep all of our resources organized. Lastly, I use this as an administrator to also keep important materials for my teachers to have access to. I love how easily accessible it is and how it keeps everything organized.

Cons

I truly do not have any cons for Google Classroom. Anytime there are updates for this software, they are always meaningful and improve using the software.

Nishi T.

Love, love Google classroom!!

Reviewed on 29/1/2021

Overall, I still like it and will continue to use it regularly. I can send posts, classwork and view others work. It helps me in my job. Although, other programs have been popping up, I think Google classroom is complete in every way and would highly recommend it.

Pros

The first time I had to create my account it was very easy to start something new. I could easily navigate through it. I love how the website and the app displays the same way. I also like how I can re-use my classwork, post messages, receive messages and all my documents are saved in my drive. It is great that when there is a message is in my Google classroom, I get the email notification as well as I can see the full message.

Cons

I do not like how the messages sent are not private. So, if a message is sent to me it can be seen by everyone in the class. I also feel sometimes it is very slow to receive a post or message. A classwork I posted was not even received at the other end even though it showed that it was sent from my end. Recently, the site crashed for a full day. This was inconvenient for those of us who use everyday. I have joined other classes too but I do not like how all their class documents posted by them pile up in my Google drive and I have to manually delete each one.

Marie R.

My Google Classroom Review

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

I use Google Classroom every day. I use it with my regular classes and also use it for my Creative Writing Club to keep students informed about activities and allow them to share their writing. Parents can also stay updated about their student's assignments through Google Classroom.

Pros

Google Classroom is easy to use. It is easy to assign work to students and grade them right in the app. I can import a rubric for grading, which makes giving students feedback simple and quick. Teachers can share a classroom for collaborating, which makes organizing a department and sharing lessons with other teachers easy. In my first year of teaching, my mentor teacher added me to his Google Classroom as a teacher so I could easily see how and what he posted everyday, and use it in my classes as needed. It made my first year so much better.

Cons

One thing that could be improved in Google Classroom would be allowing for more options when typing in the Stream. It only allows for plain text. I would sometimes like to bullet point directions or add different fonts. There are some workarounds, but you have to figure them out or find a tutorial.

Joanne D.

Google Classroom

Reviewed on 24/3/2021

I use it with my fifth graders to assign any kind of work done online or electronically. They have easily learned to navigate it and I never have to spend extra time teaching them how to use it because it is so simple and consistent. It makes it easier to keep track of things because there are no physical papers being floated around. I can easily use the comment feature to give meaningful feedback which students can view and make changes to their work accordingly. Seamlessly works with the whole Google Suite and is tied to students' Drives which makes keeping things organized easy. I have used Edmodo before and I find Google Classroom to be more desirable by far.

Pros

Very user friendly online classroom management. I use it all the time even though we are learning in person. During times when we have had to pivot to virtual this year, Google Classroom has made it seamless. Easy for online work submission, keeping student work organized, providing meaningful feedback, and more. I love it and wish my previous schools had utilized it.

Cons

There isn't much, but I do have a couple of items I'd like to see. First, I wish that an assignment could include more than one attached item that each student can get their own copy of. There is a workaround, but it can be tricky to get elementary students to all make a copy on their own. Also, once the assignment has been created, there doesn't seem to be a way to change the permissions (for example, once you have set the attachment to "students can view", there is no way to change it to "make a copy for each student") without deleting and re-creating the assignment.

Finally, I would love it if the gradebook feature had a way to add assignments outside of Google classroom - then I could house my entire gradebook right in Google. As it is, I have to use a third party gradebook since not all of my assignments are given on Google Classroom.

Md. abdul H.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

"Teach the Google product suite and stay linked."

Reviewed on 3/8/2020

I really like to use Google Classroom to get my students information quick.i find it easier than others.Every year it improves. This is my web site, information, evaluations, files, you name it. My students are familiar with everything there.

Pros

Teachers are really interested in the learning process of the student and Google Classroom was a great help.It has been so open and we can really use lots of apps. The development of differentiated instructions for students is highly effective. Different students may delegate various activities to each level of student in a classroom. The teacher creates a "classroom" and shares it via Gmail with everyone in the classroom. Then the students can do the job. The instructor may also compose instructions. Once completed, the teacher can see the job automatically

Cons

What I like less about Google is that occasionally crashes.Often the program has bugs. When students complete work, the notification does not always appear The forum choice does not have enough photos.Very few options exist that use other current Google products for submission of tasks and completed assignments.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Google Classroom Review from Tutor

Reviewed on 29/8/2019

Overall I really like this program and would recommend it to teachers and tutors. It really makes our jobs easier. Not to mention since everything can be made and submitted online it is a lot better from the environment and cuts down way fewer trees. I got introduced to this software in High School and decided to use it for my part-time tutoring business ever since. Google Classroom is far superior to the other programs I have come across such as Moodle. I would say I give this program an 8/10.

Pros

I really like this software because it is very simple and straight forward to use. As a tutor, it is very easy for me to post homework and study notes for my students. The software is easy for my students and for their parents to follow. The calendar aspect of the program I find very useful that way I know my students won't ever have an excuse to forget to do their homework and it is easy for the parents to follow up. I also like that the students can communicate with each other on this platform and help each other out.

Cons

On serval occasion I had issues posting special quizzes on Google classroom. On occasion some of my students couldn't access what I posted for them or submitted their homework. On a few other occasions I had issues with some students wanted to write a comment asking for help and I didn't receive a notification till the next day. I would also like the software to be a little more organized. I think it would help if the program if it had a function for the parents to track the student's account this would help the parents have a better understanding of where their child is in their studies. A pajorising function would greatly benefit as well.

Suzanne M.

Google Classroom Effective and User Friendly

Reviewed on 8/5/2020

I have had success using Google Classroom on a daily basis with my students both in school and during remote learning. Using Google Classroom has simplified sharing daily assignments with my students.

Pros

Google classroom is a one stop, useful, user friendly tool teachers can use in the classroom, for remote learning, and a place for teachres to collaborate. Google Classroom makes communicating with students simple, and students find it easy to use. Google classroom also allows for parents to view student progress, which is a necessary component in promoting a collaborative approach between school and home.

Cons

The only con is that I cannot automatically transport grades from Google Classroom into my school grading system. This is not a game-stopper as it is easy enough to get grades from google classroom and manually input them into the grading system.

Lukas C.
  • Industry: Design

The software that all schools should use!

Reviewed on 17/5/2019

I have realised that google classroom is a great software for both teachers and students because it makes their lives so much easier by making them be able to have a ''virtual classroom'' where they can keep track of all their assignments etc.

Pros

The things that I like with google classroom is that it's a software that makes it so much easier for teachers and students.

It's good and easy for teachers because they can give the students assignments with just a click of a button and all of the students get notified that they have an assignment and they can turn it in through the app.

It's also good and easy for students because it's easier for them to keep track of what assignments they have and it's very easy for them to turn in their assignments and they can even do it from home.

Cons

I think that this software is lacking some features. For example I would like there to be a feature where student's can do for example exams through the software. I also think that the software needs some small design tweaks and it should be easier for the students and teachers to organise their assignments etc.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Google Classroom is a Useful Tool

Reviewed on 28/12/2020

Overall, Google Classroom is amazing and I have found it very useful during distance learning. It is clear and easy for students and parents to navigate through!

Pros

I really like that Google Classroom has Headings that I can assign under, as well as the feature to add links or create new documents when I am assigning homework to my students. I also like that Google Classroom can be linked to other Google extensions for convenience. I do appreciate that Kami can be used for grading and posting assignments, which is amazing!!!

Cons

I wish there was a way to archive assignments so that 1st and 2nd semester are differentiated for my students. Instead, I have to make a heading with the words "archive," so my students know that 1st-semester assignments will not be graded anymore. Also, I would also like if my grades were transferable to Aeries student information system, to facilitate the writing of report cards.

Roshan M.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

“I am using this application since the day when I started my higher studies.”

Reviewed on 25/2/2021

Google classroom is the best and more effective application available for learning activities. I am impressed with this application it helps to do lots of tasks.

Pros

my university lectures used to share presentations, notes, announcements, assignments via google classroom and it is very easy to us as students to reach that data. Google classroom provides very friendly, simple interface and it makes easier our works with it. So many notes and presentations are uploaded and we can easily download them to our devices without any problems. Our lectures are given assignments and we can submit them as attached files before fixed deadlines. Then lectures assign the assignments and marks are given by them. Then we can see displayed marks with their comments. It is very interesting and easy. It is not expensive and very easy to log to this soft were and very easy to use.

Cons

Under low connection Google classroom becomes slow. Sometimes I can’t reach to the files that have been uploaded long time ago.

Google Classroom - great for content management, but lacks analytics

Reviewed on 23/5/2019

Google Classroom has been a very simple to use and low-cost (free!) solution for delivering my course content. It is easy to get students started and many of them are already familiar with the G Suite productivity tools so the barrier to interaction is quite low.

Pros

Google Classroom is extremely simple to use. You can invite your students by sharing your classroom code or using an email invitation.

You can use all of the Google productivity tools with it (e.g., slides, docs, forms). The class newsfeed presents your announcements and any threaded conversations that you post, as well as upcoming assignments. Documents for your class are saved to your Classroom folder in Google Drive, which means you can access it on your phone or on basically any device.

Managing your students' assignments is a breeze. You can mark up their shared documents and return them with comments. You can also turn on a number of apps and include them as assignments (e.g., Desmos for math).

Cons

The main drawback of Classroom as an LMS is that it basically has no analytics; I also use Moodle with students and I find it much easier to check on their activity. This can really help with targeted interventions. You can, of course, post small low-stakes assignments on Classroom to check in with students but it's hard to see how they're spending their time in the content.

Chirajyoti C.

Google Classroom has solved my distance learning problem

Reviewed on 2/5/2020

I can say Google Classroom is positive considering the overall benefits. Although the academic environment is not here, the technical advantages have inspired me and accelerated my work. Now is the age of technology. So distance learning activities directly through the Google Classroom is one of Google's best innovations. And the main advantage of this is that I can use it for free.

Pros

I’m a digital marketing professional. I also provide online courses to some of my students.
I teach them through Google Classroom. Surely Google Classroom has made my job easier. There is no need to organize anything like an academic classroom. I would have spent a lot of money if I had built an academic classroom. But I have nothing to do here. I have solved everything with just a laptop. I can upload all the necessary files, take the test, and provide an assignment to my students. Students can attend class in a noise-free environment. It does not make them extra hard. They can easily share lessons with me and understand their answers. Despite being ill no student misses classes. I am enjoying my necessary benefits here. I think it’s well-arranged than an academic classroom. It has solved my distance learning problem.

Cons

I never attended any class in such a digital way in my student life. But now I see here a different environment. Here I can't find the colorful environment, students' naughtiness, sports, smiling, excitement, quarrels, rejoicing, etc. It’s not like a real classroom. So I get annoyed sometimes.

Erika F.

Easy to understand... after you've struggled for a few days

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Overall, I enjoyed using Google Classroom. Now that I understand the platform better, there will likely be less of a learning-curve. I would definitely recommend to other teachers.

Pros

During online learning last year, our school switched to Google Classroom for the remainder of the year. A few things that stood out were great organization for assignments, ability to check assignments and score through actual Classroom platform, and the ability to attach Google Forms as tests.

Cons

Like my title says, Google Classroom is easy to understand once you've struggled for a few days. It took me about a week to get a hang of it. Now, this was from the teacher's side, not the student's end. Because I teach multiple subjects, the grading/organization side was a mess. If you are teaching one subject, Google Classroom is amazing. If you're teaching more than one class, Google Classroom is awesome with some modifications. A multi-subject feature would have made Google Classroom five stars for sure! Trying to find turned in homework was rather unpleasant. You had to click many different places just to see the turned in assignment. It was doable, just inconvenient.

Gretchen A.
  • Industry: International Affairs
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Awesome Digital Classroom for Everyone!

Reviewed on 25/7/2019

Pros

Google Classroom definitely makes your life easier by providing accessible features such as submitting your work at ease. I really like how they incorporated their other products such as Google Calendar and Google Drive so that things will be more organized. The flow of information is also good since you are updated by what your teacher is posting in the "classroom" through your email.

Cons

Google Classroom would have been better if there was a chatroom so that communication will be easier to my fellow classmates. I would really appreciate it if we can message our teachers in the app itself so that it will be more accessible to us. It could have been nice if there was a feature wherein all of the files that your teacher posted will be kept in one place (or one google drive just like the "class drive folder") so that we do not have to scroll down anymore when looking for a certain file.

Michael C.

An invaluable resource for online education

Reviewed on 6/4/2021

Google Classroom has allowed me to manage my students more effectively and faster. Goodbye to having to pay for overpriced storage and management software to take care of the basic needs of my classroom.

Pros

As someone who teaches online, Google Classroom has become an invaluable asset overtime and as I've used it throughout the years. Simply because it makes my job a lot easier by allowing me to not only communicate more with the students but also share more. Google Classroom allows you to share articles, links, and even YouTube videos. You can keep your students informed and even pass on assignments, quizzes, upload the material used in class, grade your students, etc. etc. The list goes on.

Cons

I have yet to encounter a feature or reason to not like Google Classroom. The only challenge is to get some students to use the software regularly but that's not a flaw in the product, people just dislike changes in general.

Nequazanteria C.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

The reason I graduated

Reviewed on 12/4/2020

Overall despite the cons the pros of google classroom stood out way more. I was able to use the website and honestly its the reason i graduated because without it i wouldn't have been able to keep up.

Pros

I love the google classroom. My high school gave all of their students free laptops and with those laptops came a gmail account and google classroom. I got alerts through my email when i had a new assignment. I always felt organized and i was able to keep track of all of my assignments.

Cons

I really dislike the typing setup. When i tried to type a response the sometimes the response to a classroom post wouldn't be uploaded until after the deadline. I also disliked the glitching and lagging of the website.

Andrew D.

Not perfect, but improving

Reviewed on 22/9/2020

As I have become more familiar with GC and they have added features my experience has gotten better and better.

Pros

It integrates very well with all other G Suite for Education programs. Since our students can use the same log in for everything and all reminders are sent to their Gmail account. I like that I can reuse assignments from previous year's classes, this is a huge time saver rather than having to rewrite the assignment every marking period.

Cons

Biggest issue is that grades do not easily transfer to other grading applications which means entry needs to be done twice. It would also be nice if classroom settings could be saved for all new classes. For example, default is to have all classwork show up in the stream, while this can be turned off for any class, when you create a new class the feature is turned back on.

Cristine T.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Google Classroom is your accessible teacher aid!

Reviewed on 24/11/2019

Overall, I like Google Classroom a lot! Not just because it has been truly helpful, but also because it has eradicated every possible excuse to not study and not be able to learn. It enabled a wide array of possibilities to engage with students and help them learn more and even better, in a collaborative manner and effort.

Pros

In the institute I am working for, all tests, lessons, quizzes, activities and mostly everything is departmental. Teachers are very dedicated into the student's learning process and so, Google Classroom was indeed a great help! It was so accessible and has tons of features we are able to utilize really well. It's been the perfect aid to us since we could upload an activity or test in Google Classroom and students can simply log back in and out after the completion of test or activity. More than just being able to upload learning and testing materials, teachers can also check on the students real time and share a comment or advise, while a project is being done online by the students, since we can indeed monitor their activities with a certain requirement they work on, through Google Classroom. Being able to help students even remotely is the best thing!

Cons

Now, even if a teacher in our department can't make it to a class, or even if I can't make it to work because of unforeseen events, the students on the other hand can still attend the class and make the class hour a productive one. We just need to upload a lecture and activity for the students to work with and the day isn't put to waste! It has been truly a positive and wonderful experience having to have Google Classroom as an aid, so no cons that I could think of. I am really liking it!

Kellie Y.

Essential to Distance Learning

Reviewed on 3/12/2020

Truly appreciate that our school system selected Google Classroom for the district. There are no words to describe the difference between school trying to "do it on their own" and our experience using the application.

Pros

Google classroom has streamlined, simplified the distance learning experience for our family. Our two daughters can maneuver within the application with ease from one course topic/teacher to another, post completed homework and projects, check off which work has been completed and see what remains on the to do list. In a challening time, Google Classroom has calmed anxiety about learning at home.

Cons

We don't like be able to "submit" / "turn in" work when nothing has actually been attached. The system shows darker font for work still to be completed. Our youngest "turned in" a few items when she actually hadn't attached photos leading us to believe her work was done. If there was a way to catch when work was and wasn't attached, it might help parents.

Darcy R.

Simple to use education software

Reviewed on 11/4/2020

Google classroom makes learning at my school really easy, and amongst the crisis the world is currently in, allows me and my peers to continue to learn at home

Pros

The layout is really easy and practical to use and has a good blend of child-friendly and advanced UI features. It never fails to submit an assignment or homework without any technological difficulty, meaning that children who may not be as experienced with technology can follow along with it easily

Cons

I honestly couldn't find anything that I currently don't like about Google Classroom, however something that could improve it is an easier way to merge files from a device to Classroom

Gabriella M.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Google classroom is the best school application and here's why

Reviewed on 13/4/2020

Google classroom has allowed my to get my work to my teachers in the past even though I am no longer in school, I still enjoy to use this software because it's a great tool to send any reports to my co-workers.

Pros

What I like most about Google Classroom is that it is easy to use for both students at school or home.Google Classroom also offers access to teachers to see wether their students assignments are completed and also allows teachers to edit or leave comments on the students work if necessary.

Cons

There really is nothing that I dislike about this software, in all the time I have used it there has not been any cons or any glitches and errors.