Hourly

Cloud-based time-tracking and payroll management software

4.9 /5 (76 reviews) Write a Review!

Stephanie B.

Love this product and company

Reviewed on 27/5/2020

I have enjoyed working with the app and the people at the company very much. They help work out areas of concern or improvements and we are so happy to have them as partners so that we can manage our company more efficiently.

Pros

We used to use paper time cards and were very nervous about implementing this system as we had a system that had been in use for so long, it was antiquated and hard to manage, but it was just they way we had done it for years and were very reluctant to make the change. The company helped us set up and implement this system and it only took about 2 weeks to get everything switched to the online app and the employees had almost no negative feedback and felt the ease of use and ability to clock in and out was much easier than what we were doing previously. We are able to track employees hours much more efficiently with this app and I cannot believe we went so long without this in our company.

Cons

This company is constantly asking for feedback and actually listens and improves. I have no negatives.

Revital K.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 15/5/2020

‘Hourly’ has completely transformed the way we mange our business! We used to spend countless hours in producing cumbersome spread sheets, to monitor ours and our employees’ hours. Now all our hours are just a click away. The genius of the software is not just in the quick sign in and sign out , but the ability to specify jobs by tasks and locations as well as add comments and monitor pay to name but a few advantages. Thanks to ‘Hourly’ we are now able to dedicate even more time to what we do best- serve our clients!

Pros

Where do I begin- the ease of clocking in an out, the ability to specify projects by location and type of work, the ability to monitor hours of work throughout the company.

Cons

I love every feature in the software and highly recommend it to all businesses alike.

Yolanda M.

Ease of use, flexible, reliable and excellent service

Reviewed on 11/5/2020

Our experience has been wonderful. The time savings, accountability, and ability for our team members to manage their accounts independently is wonderful.

Pros

Hourly is very easy to use and offers great features. Our team uses the platform daily and adjustments are quick and easy. Being able to change work locations mid work shift for teams handling multiple tasks for budgeting management is very useful for our business. Additionally, the requirement we’ve set for our company to require approval to overtime is essential to keeping expenses controlled.

Cons

Something that would be beneficial from time to time would be a user manual with common step by step tutorials. However, customer service is very responsive and ALWAYS available to help navigate special situations.

Michael L.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Hourly App review

Reviewed on 11/5/2020

Great app, easy to use and outstanding company support.

Pros

The ease of launching and tracking employees is fantastic, additionally being able to keep track of hours spent on various projects have been extremely beneficial

Cons

Cannot think of any cons about this software.

Kathleen B.

Hourly Review

Reviewed on 1/10/2020

The company and their employees have been great. If I call with a problem and have to leave a message, they get right back to help. They have never made me feel uncomfortable about asking questions if I don't understand something.

Pros

The data is readily available and in a usable format

Cons

Trouble finding how to delete input if a mistake was made entering payroll shift information and there is a need to start over or make a change.

Also the print size on the timecards is really small, but all the other printable records are fine.

Di T.

Great Software - Try it.

Reviewed on 11/5/2020

Time tracking for payroll and for construction job costing.

Pros

UI is cheery, bright and easy to use. Everyone at our company seems to like using the software. Job Costing tracks labor hours, cost and has felxible reporting. In software messaging very useful for questions on time cards

Cons

Could have more user types that administrator can asign access restrictions to.

James U.

A new type of payroll management

Reviewed on 16/6/2020

Pros

That staff can manage everything from their phone.

Cons

A tutorial for managers to ease the transition from payroll system to another.

Felix M.

Felix’s Review

Reviewed on 15/5/2020

I recommend hourly. It has everything you could ask for. It’s fast, easy, and professional.

Pros

Honestly I love using Hourly because it’s easy to use and because you print and have it ready. Leas than 5 min you have a check ready to give.

Cons

Honestly for me there are no cons for this software. I a impressed with the service this software offers.

Adrine D.

Satisfied with Hourly

Reviewed on 10/5/2020

I am very happy with the software.

Pros

Easy to use and reporting is done on time.

Cons

it would be good if it integrated with Guideline 401k

Maor G.

Hourly App BEST Payroll company / app

Reviewed on 10/5/2020

Pros

Hourly app is the most user friendly payroll platform out there

Cons

We like everything in this platform and don’t think it’s missing anything

Cameron H.

Harrell Electrical Services review of HOURLY

Reviewed on 21/5/2020

Overall we have a good experience. The platform has really eased our daily payroll admin and cost tracking. The HOURLY customer service team has been excellent with addressing platform questions, providing education and assisting with pulling reports. Having access to detailed data while out in the field has been a big benefit for daily operations.

Pros

Real time staff time card tracking coupled with geo tag locations is a big help in managing staff in the field. Additionally managing project/service payroll costs is easier with daily real time computations for all staff wages, payroll taxes and workers compensation insurance premiums. The HOURLY team is also easy to work with

Cons

Customizable "name" payment line items with the ability to designate treatment for tax purposes and also not wages excluded from worker's comp premium would be a good feature to add. An example is for government projects in California for Prevailing Wage payroll, there are also separate Fringe Benefit payments for the staff that are taxable, but not subject to Workers Compensation premiums.

Michael T.

Awesome software

Reviewed on 10/5/2020

Pros

Easy to use it, so helpful for a guy like me

Cons

So far I Don’t have anything about this software I don’t like least yet

Tim N.
  • Industry: Restaurants
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Make the switch to hourly!

Reviewed on 13/5/2020

I am very satisfied with hourly and I would recommended every business to switch over.

Pros

hourlys software is awesome. I love that each of my employees can keep track of payroll with the hourly app on their phone. They can see all of their paystubs and download them. They can set up direct deposit or if they prefer checks they can make that the default. I love the flexibility of keeping track of hours, as the holder of the account if you don’t want to input everyone’s hours from the day to day you can simply do a ‘manual’ which just is that bulk number of hours per employee. Very user friendly the app is and also the desk top version. When signing up with hourly there is also a scheduled appointment with a representative who calls and goes over the hourly website which is helpful! The software is professionally put together and well done. It is easy to navigate and aesthetically pleasing. On top of being beyond satisfied with hourlys software, I am over the moon with the customer service. They are always just one call away and so helpful. Shoutout to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who are just great and helped me out a lot, thank you guys.

Cons

There is honestly not one bad thing about this company. Switching over to hourly was a great decision I made for the business.

Daniella A.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

GLAD I SWITCHED!

Reviewed on 9/5/2019

Great , I believe if they make a few little adjustments it would perfect, but I love it!

Pros

Hour tracking is awesome , processing payroll is so much easier and even helps with the breakdown of our labor job cost, we can see all our shifts and past payrolls ,payroll dates on 1 dashboard and employees can input their own direct deposit info at their convenience, they cant lie about their hours they work , its super convenient if the manager or owner has the app because it notifies when anyone is clocking in or out at all times and at what location.

Cons

The app does not allow people to clock in often and I have to do it on the computer alot of the time, and they do not send payroll summary's when the checks are delivered, we actually have to print it out ourselves. We cant choose our own payroll dates so we have to change our dates slightly that works for the system.

Juan A.

Our business needed this app!

Reviewed on 10/5/2020

My overall experience with Hourly has been positive, helpful, and profitable. Put simply, we left the old inefficiencies that pain small business due to the dependency on private accountants, and leaped forward to being efficient, transparent, and in control of our business. We went from tracking our employee's hours inaccurately on Word or Excel to having our payroll cost to-the-penny in the palm of our hands with a hand full of other features that significantly helped me, and my brother (co-owner) become a hundred times more informed about our business.

Pros

The most impact features of the Hourly app is the business owner's ability to manage the most important aspect of any business; our employees. It's hard to say which part of the app I like the most since it does a seamless job at tracking time sheets, live payroll cost, workers comp cost, and job cost in terms of hours spent by employee/tasks. However, I would say that my favorite feature of this app is how easy it is to run payroll due to the other tasks being done for me that allows me to simply review, and press a button to run payroll from practically anywhere.

Cons

In the beginning, we had to get our payroll checks mailed to our office until we learned that we were able to print them right from our office. This helped us be in even more control of our payroll, and ability to quickly get our technicians paid for their work.

Kristi J.

Easy!!

Reviewed on 26/5/2020

Hourly gives us ease of mind. They take care of all the stuff we don’t want to think about. We count on hourly, and they have not disappointed.

Pros

This software is seamless and simple. My two favorite things!! If there is ever a need for customer service they answer direct. Never hold time.

Cons

Have not experienced anything i do not like.

Erin V.

Excellent for Time-Tracking

Reviewed on 11/5/2020

Pros

Before we starting using the Hourly app we did all of our timecards by hand and had to collect them every week. This is especially difficult with construction sites spread all over the peninsula. The Hourly staff came out and trained all of our employees on the use of the app and got us fully set-up. Now we use it with ease. Even if there isn't cell service at a job site, the app will update once the employee is connected to wifi or in cell range. Managers can easily view job costing data, employee lists and if our employees clocked in on time. I would definitely recommend this app to any one in the construction field!

Cons

Really the only change I would like to see is for the comments our staff leave on their timecards, to show on the PDF exported version of the timecards. Other than that I think it's fantastic!

Antonio L.

Product review

Reviewed on 10/5/2020

Been a great experience. Lowered my payroll costs, made things easier to navigate. Not to mention the customer service was outstanding when problems would happen.

Pros

The customer service is amazing. The ease of the program is also outstanding. In the 2 years of using the service, they have done many improvement as well. A ever growing great program.

Cons

Honestly, at the start of the company there was a little "understandable" amount of glitches or bugs. At this point, I really don't much of a complaint

Jarad B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great product over others

Reviewed on 10/5/2020

Always helpful and always able to get and of them for any needs I have.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the chat ability and communication this company has to solve any problems we may have.

Cons

Sometimes the phone app is not accessible for everything I need.

Bryan P.

Game changer

Reviewed on 2/6/2020

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team are absolutely wonderful to work with. Once you get used to the app and employees are able to work the daily app it is a wonderful tool.

Pros

Love how easy it is to track and pay employees. Also the workers compensation saved me money and is easy to track. Saving time not getting audit each year. Save money and time from day one!

Cons

Really I can’t find something wrong with it. We have worked through the small issues but like with any app and change. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team have made that switch and any issues a quick non issue

Justin A.

Great customer service. Very intuitive and easy to use.

Reviewed on 10/5/2020

It's been great. It's easy to use and their customer service is very responsive and helpful. We couldn't be happier.

Pros

We've had some turn over in our office admin role over the last year. As a result, we've had three separate people in charge of payroll, and Hourly has been wonderful. It's so easy to use, the transition to new employees has been a breeze. And their customer service is top-notch.

Cons

When we first joined, they were very early and were missing a few features we wanted, but they promised those features would come out soon and they did. That means a lot to us that they didn't oversell the product and followed through on commitments.

Jason C.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Hourly

Reviewed on 25/6/2020

Very pleasant with the ease of mind all taxes and wc liabilities are taken care of.

Pros

Ease of use. Has bonus features such as job locations and timesheets that most payroll s/w lacks. All aspects of payroll taken care of.

Cons

Requires a little bit of training to start using.

David J.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Tip Tops experience with the Hourly app

Reviewed on 10/5/2020

Awesome experience, customer service has been the best.

Pros

Super easy to use and track employees, great for a non technical person like myself

Cons

No cons i have no issues with the software

Susan B.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great Time admin tool!

Reviewed on 10/5/2019

We are able to keep accurate track of time spent of on different projects, or just office work.

Pros

The application is very easy to follow, and it is versatile enough to correct times and jobs in case you forget to clock in or out.

Cons

I believe the clock timers (when you clock in minutes and hours) can improve. Perhaps adding the options of number sensitiveness in periods of 5, 10, 15 minutes?

Chrispine O.
  • Industry: Accounting

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 10/5/2020

It’s has streamlined the payroll process

Pros

The software is very easy to use. I have been happy with the app so far.

Cons

None so far. May be if an app can be developed