KidKare Food Program Reviews

KidKare Food Program

Childcare platform for home providers and daycare centers

Jennifer

Kids menu easy option!

Reviewed on 14/9/2019

It’s a saving time for me because I plan ahead my menus, saved and I just have to include who is present or no! It is a great tool to have.

Pros

I love that it is very convenient to use and you can use anytime and anywhere! It is a better option for providers to do their menu with more time ahead and we don’t have to deal with papers no more !

Cons

There are few things that I like them to improve. First how you can go back and edit on the menus assistants in children, and how to add the numbers on each child.

Kidkare review from Karlyn's Little Blessings

Reviewed on 3/1/2019

Overall I love the website and everything it offers i just wish there were a few improvements to make it faster to log everything for the day and create menus.

Pros

i love how easy it is to use and navigate through the website for the most part. I use quick books for my payroll but it is extremely complicated to create invoices and log everyday expenses for my business and that is why I have chosen to continue to use kidkare.

Cons

I would say that there are a few things that are little complicated and not very user friendly, like creating a custom menu to use every month, it takes entirely way to long to create, and trying to figure out how to reuse a menu every month is a little complicated as well. it seems like every time i try to re use a menu for the next month it always skips days and i have to go in and fill in the blanks.
I also wish that there was a way to automatically check every child in for a meal that way i am not having to click on each individual child and then if there is one child that was not there for that meal i could just unclick their name.
When trying to send in a report for the month it can take all day to even send it in because the website seems to shut down.

Beth

Terrible system since switching from Minute Menu--They can't seem to get things to work...

Reviewed on 1/12/2017

only headaches thus far.

only headaches thus far.

Pros

I like that this is a web-based program so it is accessible from any device & because of this, I especially like that my parents can check their child in very easily on a designated tablet.

Cons

This is the same company that owned Minute Menu. They tested this program for many months before completely discontinuing Minute Menu. Because of that, one would assume the program actually worked. Where do I start on the "Cons"? ... For starters, the program randomly doesn't save data that was previously saved, such as the meals & times entered for the children in care (a requirement necessary to submit to the USDA Food Program), the forms & reports this program offers are a slim selection from what the MM program offered which most often results in significantly more time added to my work load. Don't expect an actual receipt to give to parents after posting payments to accounts. All you will get is a statement of account, not an itemized receipt which is common practice when receiving payments in a business. Plan to add time in having to hand write on every statement what payment was made, the form of payment, etc. Beware of this ridiculous program.

Dawn

Days and minutes count

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

I am streamlining paperwork. I need as much time as possible w children. Anyway to streamline paperwork is advantageous. Support people are top notch..Know their product and are educational don;t seem like they are policing my business. Wish parents were educated more.

Pros

i can do on smart phone. it has pretty much all i need for my day. wish it had a list of credible w/g brands on this site. pain to go looking for in paperwork.

Cons

Only bad I can say is wish it I was more computer literate, seems so easy when I know the system. Not so easy when first attempting programs.

Jason
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Simplify CACFP participation

Reviewed on 17/10/2018

The organization the program provides is unparalleled. Introducing the program to new participants is quite easy. Every individual who was hesitant about converting to KidKare are always so pleased they did and wished they had switched earlier.

The Help desk is fantastic if issues do arrise

Pros

The ease of use. The program prompts if you forget a step. Collects all pertinate information for CACFP participation.

Cons

Over the past year there were a few days of technical issue all seems to be working properly again and we are happily moving along

Nancy

Saves time

Reviewed on 8/12/2018

Excellent! Saves, time, money, and paperwork.

Excellent! Saves, time, money, and paperwork.

Pros

I save a lot of time being able to use my phone, laptop, or tablet to enter meals and other day care information on KidKare. It is user friendly. At the end of the month and it is time to turn in menus KidKare makes it so easy to do. Saves time and paperwork. I definitely recommend KidKare to other providers at our meetings. I would recommend providers to at least try it and see for themselves.

Cons

Sometimes the internet is out and you can not use, but that rarely happens. All you have to do is write down and then enter it later.

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Great site.

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Overall is it a great site, you just need to bring some things up to date. Other than that is a easy to use site.

Pros

I would say pros would be easy to use. I do think it needs some more work, but over all its easy to use.

Cons

You have to switch to another page to see how many times you selected a child for a meal. Or inputting the check in and check out times. You must go back and put AM or PM. Also I don't like the time out per day. Some days are so busy by the time I go entered my computer is either dead or the page just keeps loading and it takes up a lot of time especially when I am tried and just ready for bed.

Isah
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Love having an option for me to record my childcare suppers on the web

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

By and large: I love my experience the extent that my youngster care business goes. I have not utilized the bookkeeping programming yet I am thinking about pursuing that. As I expressed, the client support side is the main destruction up until this point. I haven't needed to utilize the client support for some time so I expectation it has improved.

Pros

I love the simplicity and accessibility on various gadgets to record my dinners and participation.

Cons

Customer administration is exceptionally moderate when you do require help...it takes days and once in a while weeks to find no solution most occasions. Extremely baffling no doubt.

Hattie

easy to keep track

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

My overall experience is that how well it keep track and I can go back at anytime and check on something. I started using this program when it was first introduced to my food program and I love recording on paper sucks,

Pros

How easy it to select the proper foods and i like that unless I put the required foods in for a certain meal the system will let me know and I won't be able to continue until I do.

Cons

At this time I can't think of one thing that I least like.

Mei
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Making my work so easy

Reviewed on 25/4/2019

The staff always answer my questions and help me resolve whatever issues I have. As busy as they are, they take the ccx time to return my calls and emails in a timely manner. I truly appreciate what the staff have done for me and my organization MAKING MY WORK SO EASY.

Pros

Software is easy to use. The best part is the supportive and friendly staff. They are so helpful.

Cons

None. I like this software alot. If there are issues, the wonderful staff helps me resolve them.

Rose

Feelings

it has been breeze for keep records on children and food program

it has been breeze for keep records on children and food program

Pros

It has been so easy to use! The only thing that has been a challenge for me is posting the food of the plan menu for the week. I will have a day almost posted and hit to stroll down and I end up deleting what I have done. It would be so helpful if you had to hit to DELETE to delete your work!

Cons

using the month menu planning form I have to much to do to sit here and write you fourty work it is simpl I like or I do not

Kim
  • Industry: Accounting

My Experience Using KidKare

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

I love using KidKare ... Even though I write down each day's menus on my own forms, it's nice knowing I don't have to have copies of everything any more. One copy and it's done!

Pros

I like that it is easy to use - like all programs, it took a bit of getting used to but once I did, everything fell into a smooth transition. There are also parts of KidKare that I don't use because I keep records in a separate place on my computer, but it's nice knowing the option is available if I choose to change my record-keeping.

Cons

Apparently, the "Notes" on the bottom of each meal aren't viewable by my food rep. I wish these notes were available and viewable to everyone because if I miss noting something on a calendar, it would be nice to know there is a "back-up" of my notations.

Virginia

KIDKARE FOOD PROGRAM

Reviewed on 1/1/2019

Overall, It is a easy program to operate. I enjoy working this program when it is operating smoothly. I wish there was a easier and faster way to record baby meals, rather than going to a separate screen. This is really time consuming.

Pros

The program is easy to use and can be learned quickly. There is more than one way to accomplish the same thing. I like when the program is flowing smoothly, without any issues.

Cons

Sometimes when I've worked a long day and there is issues with the program or it is running slow, I get irritated, as I am tired and am ready to take a break.

Arlen

KidKare has a great interface and worked great overall!

Reviewed on 10/7/2020

I would highly recommend KidKare to anyone needing to meal plan for students.

I would highly recommend KidKare to anyone needing to meal plan for students.

Pros

As a user, the interface is so simple and makes each section readily available for use. I really enjoy the colors in the software as well.

Cons

Reviewing information can be confusing at times due to the fact that some of that information isn't updated.

Pamela

How KIdKare has helped me as a Provider

Reviewed on 4/1/2019

I use the software to help with the attendance of my children ,and also to keep up with my daily count of meals and attendance of each child that is enrolled at the center. This software offers so much to providers to help with meal count, attendance sheets, and so much more, it helps me to get a lot more accomplished that I could usually do, if I had to complete everything manually. KidKare has been a great experience for me and I wouldn't consider any other software for completing my meal count.

Pros

This is the best software that I've used since I have been a childcare provider, what I like most about this software, is the fact that it saves me a lot of time and paperwork.

Cons

There was nothing that I didn't like about using this software.

Deborah

Reviewed on 28/12/2018

I really like that I can look up information on one a specific child easily. The overall program is easy to use.

Pros

I am not very good with a computer and this program is very easy to use. It is also easy to look up specific information with just a couple clicks of a button.

Cons

I have not had any problems with this program.

Victoria
  • Industry: Consumer Services

KidKare

Reviewed on 5/7/2020

I'm not having any problem with kidkare. It's the product differences.

I'm not having any problem with kidkare. It's the product differences.

Pros

I love being a mom. This product is helpful because the service offers incentives on being better at kids.

Cons

I don't dislike much about the product. It's easier to read and know then too play and forget, understand.

Alexandra

Easy organization

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

Kidkare makes it easy to record meals and attendance. At the end of the year I can easily go back and see when any kid was here.

Pros

I love that I can view reports on all kinds of information I have entered.

Cons

I liked it better when I did not have to "check in" kids to claim them but I understand why they would want us to.

KATRINA

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2/1/2019

Love to be able to Use from my phone and don't always have to go to my laptop.

Love to be able to Use from my phone and don't always have to go to my laptop.

Pros

Easy to Use and I don't have always long onto my laptop to enter in what is needed.

Cons

I think there should be a select all button when it comes to selecting children instead of having to pick each individual child's name.

Brooke

Always very helpful

Reviewed on 9/7/2018

Love being able to do it all on my phone

Love being able to do it all on my phone

Pros

Very easy to navigate and submit daily meal records. I love that I am able do it all right in my phone.

Cons

Sometimes changes are done to the site that take time to get use to. There has been a few evenings that I wasn't able to get the site to load.

Melinda

Helpful Meals

Reviewed on 3/1/2019

I appreciate the privilege to use KidKare.

I appreciate the privilege to use KidKare.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of recording my daily meals. I like that it tells me totals and I can read my details. I also enjoy the simplicity of the system.

Cons

I dislike the record time in/out option. It is a little time consuming and confusing.

Katie
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

CACFP Staff are wonderful, but.....

Reviewed on 28/12/2018

I'm creating more work for myself as a business by doing Kidkare, but I'm also earning money for food that I was already serving before. So, I was basically letting that money go every month. I wish I had started sooner. But, I'm a new provider (only 2 years so far) and I wasn't sure how to keep up with basic daycare rules, cleaning, paperwork and inspections, let alone adding another program with more paperwork and such to the mix. I'm only one person. It's just me. I don't have a whole list of staff people to call.

Pros

It's pretty simple. It takes a min to figure it out, but the ladies from the Food Program are awesome. They are very helpful.

Cons

It's ridiculous how it doesn't change back to Breakfast when the date is switched at the top when inputting meals. It should automatically change from "breakfast" to "lunch" to "pm snack" because those are the only meals that I serve. And, back to "breakfast" when I switch it to the new day. It should also save automatically, so there aren't days in the system that never get submitted.

Dianne
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Kidkare makes bookkeeping look like punishment!

Reviewed on 4/1/2019

My overall experience with Kidkare is a pleasant one. It has taken the load off filing hundreds of attendance forms and menus. That I wouldn’t trade for anything.

Pros

The fact that I can plan ahead and reuse menus if necessary, once meals and attendance are entered, there’s no hassle at month end to put things together. It keeps things straight.

Cons

The fact that it could just crash at times and meals could not be entered next day.

Terei

KidKare Review

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

Pros

The ease of using it. There are many things that make it simple to use.

Cons

Sometimes there is a delay before you can choose an item such as selecting provider or parent supplied breast milk or formula. If you don't wait a second you can click on the wrong one very easily. Those items should be on a separate line maybe a space down from each other and not so close together especially due to the lag.

Kimberly

Very Useful and easy to use

Reviewed on 1/1/2019

I love being able to log into my computer and put in the food throughout the day. Having to store and keep track of paperwork along with all my other business paperwork was hard and this makes it so much easier. I wish there was an app for it to use on my phone.

Pros

Very easy to use and navigate around the program. I can log in and keep it up throughout the day to add to it

Cons

I wish there was a special app for it. its hard to log in on your phone