WinTeam

ERP software for janitorial and security contractors

4.4 /5 (111 reviews) Write a Review!

Deborah B.

A comprehensive all-in-one software

Reviewed on 4/2/2021

I've resisted internal inquiries into whether our company might have better overall functionality with several WT competitors because with the exception of the functions already mentioned that we simply don't have the time or personnel to dedicate to learning/using, WinTeam has been an excellent accounting and operations software for our company for almost 14 years.

Pros

We chose WinTeam because of the individual modules for critical company functions that flow into each other for a comprehensive overview of the entire company, or any particular department.

Cons

Some functions remain clunky and time-consuming, particularly the Insurance Benefits module, to the point where we use our insurance vendor's portal for tracking and reporting. We don't use the Inventory module any more either because the benefit of the module to us did not compensate for how much data entry and maintenance was involved.

Jess H.

WinTeam

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Business Intelligence option in a game changer for date reporting and analysis

WinTeam is only as good as the work you put into it, garbage in/garbage out. The initial set up of things is cumbersome but if you take the time to do it right then day to day use is worth it.

Customer Support and WinTeam employees are top tier

Pros

The amount of date you can get out of the system and its ability to be more customized and tailored to our business needs

Cons

Canned reporting sucks. AP module hasn't been improved in many years. Many of the modules do not talk to each other causing duplication of work.

Kari C.

Overall great system

Reviewed on 19/10/2020

I'd love to have more control / functionality through web, mobile or app versus having to use Citrix to access birthdays and other 'minor' task related information.

Pros

I love being able to pull P&L's per job / customer with just a couple clicks! Having all information in one software makes it very nice.

Cons

For some of the tasks, there are a lot of clicks to get to the answer... There are also some inconsistencies in report criteria (some I can pull by Region / Tier, others I can't and have to use Supervisor which is very inaccurate).

Todd W.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

WinTeam Review

Reviewed on 17/6/2019

We are currently utilizing eHub to manage our Timekeeping. eHub has simplified the interface for the everyday ops manager who is reviewing and approving time worked. We would like see more features roll out to eHub to the point that eHub is the main database we are working out of.

Pros

WinTeam gives you the ability to combine Payroll, AR, AP, GL, QA, and Scheduling all in one place. It's customer support is very knowledgeable and helpful each time I have to use them. Timekeeping is made easy via eHub by TEAM.

Cons

There are some features such as Work Scheduling where a large portion of their functionality still reside in the main WinTeam database which is a less "user friendly" interface for those who don't use it everyday.

Candie D.

WinTeam is a Dream!

Reviewed on 1/5/2019

My overall experience with WinTeam has been fantastic. I have implemented 3 different HRIS softwares during my tenure with my company and WinTeam is by far the most robust. The ability to participate in beta testing new features has been awesome!

Pros

I like that the company takes into consideration what the users want and need for their businesses to run smoothly and put it on the path to developing the software even more. The ability to create custom reports and meet with a trainer if you need assistance on any module or setting up a new feature it great! The eHub app is a very useful tool for employees and supervisors to use in the field.

Cons

Citrix. This is an extremely "clunky" platform and can be difficult to navigate especially when trying to save reports as the server is hosted elsewhere.

Nancy G.

WinTeam is fantastic!

Reviewed on 5/4/2019

Pros

Love the support from Team Software. Whenever there is something I need to understand further, the team is prompt to assist and I typically learn something new with each call. There are regular updates and great communication.

Cons

There are so many features and I feel we would benefit from requesting regular training or review periods, the issue is on our end not WinTeam. I am sure we are not even close to using WinTeam to the full capacity and are missing out on amazing short-cuts and tools.

Kara C.

Winteam is Great

Reviewed on 5/4/2019

Overall, I have found this to be a solid product and when help is needed the customer service is wonderful. Everyone has always been very kind and helpful. I appreciate that they listen to what their customers want and are continually improving their product.

Pros

Having used this product since 2013 and have found it to be very good for easily accessing information when needed.

Cons

I wish that the user interface was bigger when it comes to inputting information, I use a larger monitor just to see the what I am working on better.

Jason K.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Good software for the industry

Reviewed on 16/4/2019

Overall it does the job and the customer service is good and I am hoping to resolve some of our other concerns with it here in the future

Pros

It has a lot of features that work specifically with our industry and the customer support has been good.

Cons

I feel like I am limited on certain things I can do in our sales and work tickets processes. I also don’t like how you can’t use the CRM side of it offline because we don’t always have good cell service.

Julie N.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Overall good product for building service industries

Reviewed on 17/6/2019

We have been able to provide clients with a high level of detail and accuracy with WinTeam products.

Pros

Ongoing enhancements keep the product up to date with current industry trends as well as labor trends. Full service makes integrating solutions easier

Cons

Can be somewhat cumbersome to use and after long term use, transitioning our original set up to be able to work withing the newer modules and features is prohibitive.

Megan P.

Reviewed on 29/3/2019

Overall I think it is user friendly and functional. I wish there were additional capabilities (such as the addition of photo attachments) available to help streamline the front line work to invoicing process.

Pros

I like how you can double click on blue fields and drill down.

Cons

I don't like that pictures cannot be added to work tickets and flow through to invoices.

Reccomend

Reviewed on 5/4/2019

We have been able to optimize my roster and expand our reach using Team Software.

Pros

I love the features that make it easy for my dispatchers and managers to find easy staffing solutions!

Cons

At this point in time I do not have many if any complaints!

Josh G.

Winteam

Reviewed on 24/4/2019

Pros

Lots of features to accomplish most anything you could need to do.

Cons

Can be complex and difficult to understand how to operate. However, support is great and very helpful!

Vicki B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

enjoying team

Reviewed on 29/3/2019

We are using exclusively is our accounting software and gradually using other features

Pros

Team software is relatively easy to use software

Cons

sometimes the process is a little vague

Kellie K.

The Basics

Reviewed on 29/3/2019

Pros

It's user friendly for new employees to start using right away with little training.

Cons

It can be limited on individual personal preferences.

Ronald R.

Winteam - Great Experience

Reviewed on 29/3/2019

We were able to reduce one on one time with each employee due to them being able to see and accept their schedules on their smartphone. Direct deposit and check stub access from the app reduced the number of employees coming into the office every 2 weeks from 300 to about 50 which saves us time.
Having our payroll, invoicing, and GL in the same software reduced the extra entries we had to make every month from our old software into our accounting software saves us time also.
Bank reconciliations are easier.
Offering open shifts through the app saves the operations team from having to individually call all the available employees to offer them the shift.

Pros

We like the ease of use and functionality of Winteam.
It helps us to reduce costs such as overtime and to manage our workforce efficiently.

Cons

Setting up financial reports required a few hours of time.
If you add a GL account, you have to manually add it to the financial report also.

Naina S.

Reviewed on 29/3/2019

Pros

The integration of all information to all modules

Cons

Need to have more updates to reflect Canadian Standards

Chuck M.

Team Conference 2019

Reviewed on 26/4/2019

Pros

The ease of use and versatility of the team software.

Cons

Some of the email abilities once documents are complete.

Melinda B.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Bumpy but better!

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

My experience started out very bumpy, but has really smoothed out over the years. I know I still have some to learn that the system will do, but it is much better today than 6 years ago.

Pros

After we figured out the payroll benefits, it is great now. We had a very rough start on it but learned a lot in the process. Completing the billing and also the ability to email invoices automatically on creation is awesome. You just have to make very sure you do things exactly or it is a mess. I finally learned an easy way to reprint invoices just last week.. Auditing is a breeze in Winteam.. Very easy to trace things all the way through.

Cons

Our training 6+ years ago was abysmal. We ended up having to muddle our way through and figure things out on our own for the first year or so. Then we were offered additional training, but had most of it conquered by then. This caused us to do a lot of double work and all.. I still do not like the Other Billing portion, it requires a lot of manual work. And I don't like the limited invoice customization available. I am still having to do some invoices manually in Excel. Invoice Entry can still use some modifications also.

Kristie m. H.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Does what is supposed to, but could do a lot more

Reviewed on 23/9/2020

As an HR Manager I use this daily. There is a "Help" section, that isn't helpful with such a customized product

Pros

It integrates with our Applicant Tracking System to easily import new hires. There are a lot of report functions that are very useful in looking at overtime, birthdays (we mail cards), attendance, and much more that are used weekly by the HR team

Cons

There are some integrations WinTeam cannot do that would be useful. Some are just too expensive to integrate, which feels crazy given the size of our account and what we already pay them. But the W4 change from 2020 took them 6-7 months to figure out how to properly integrate

Alex R.

Winteam in review

Reviewed on 20/6/2019

Overall, Winteam is great but there is always room for improvement. This being my first office job using a software based system, winteam has helped me succeed way better than the older software my company used to have.

Pros

I enjoy the simplicity when it comes to navigating certain aspects of the system. I also enjoy finding out new ways to complete tasks more efficiently and sharing with the rest of my team. This software has helped save hundreds of hours when analyzing and entering data.

Cons

There were a few things that felt like they were finished half way before the software was released. For example, the PO and AP Invoice sections need to be linked better to let you know when a PO already has an invoice and when the PO has been fulfilled to avoid going over the PO amount. Similar to the AR Invoice Review tab, there should be a way to review what invoices are under that PO and the amount remaining, invoiced and over/under when the PO has reached its expiration date.

Reynaldo A.

Overall Quite Potent Accounting Software

Reviewed on 29/3/2019

This software comes with a high learning curve but overall I think it is worth it. We are able to have more detailed reports for payroll, AP, AR, Inventory, etc. Right now we are implementing onboarding solution for payroll. Also, having TeamTime clocking in and out information synchronize directly to Team has been tremendous help speeding up payroll processing.

Pros

I like that in Team everything is down to Job level; We are able to get a detailed report of each job for the customers. Payroll is very easy to navigate as well. There is plenty of reports to choose from to get all the information needed. I like the fact that I can manage Obama Care right in the software - it is a lot of work to assure all the information is correctly captured and reported but it is all in one place at least. I like that we have all functions connected into one software; integration was a big deal for us to make this switch. Customer service is awesome as well. There are lots of functions that we are still learning about but is definetely a very powerful and promising software.

Cons

I did not like that I cannot import and export like we used to do in old software. Also, one of the drawbacks for payroll department is that liabilities cannot be paid directly out of the Team. Lack of ability to attach files is frustrating as well (even though this and many other functions can be added for an extra fee). Third party add-ons can be expensive sometimes. Would be nice to have reminders of due dates for liability payments as well.

Leah S.

One system for everything

Reviewed on 29/3/2019

We started using Team when before we were using 3 or 4 different programs to conduct business and keep track administratively. We often had to enter data 2-3 times. We had spreadsheets that worked well enough but to was all a bit clumsy and overly redundant, not to mention prone to error. We’ve used Team for about 6 years now and now everything “talks” to each other- payroll integrates with work tickets, benefits are programmed in, we can track for bonus metrics without a separate system, etc. We can compare financial projections to actuals and have control of our P&Ls. We love it and keep learning more that we can do to make our business more efficient.

Pros

We can use one software for everything and it all talks to each other. Also, we have been able to go from paper based to electronically based- completely! No more timesheets. They clock in with the phone. The list goes on!

Cons

On the accounting side- everything we need is there but it’s a lot less automated than say quickbooks as the software as a whole is not an accounting software. Just takes some time to learn.

Denise C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Overall Satisfaction

Reviewed on 10/4/2019

Overall I like the ease of the system, I like be able to shoot reports to Excel format and I like the Grid View and the ability to delete unnecessary columns and tweak my reports as needed.

Pros

I like that you can several tabs open at a time and depending on the amount of users I can have multiple company databases open as well. I find the overall software easy to use. I jump from A/R, A/P, Inventory, Job costing, Human Resources and payroll daily and find that I can get virtually anything I need from multiple reports.

Cons

I don't like the way it sorts numbers. It doesn't sort sequentially it sorts by digits. For instance, my inventory codes will sort 10099 and then it goes to 101, 1010, 1011 and so on. After 1019 it goes to 102, 1020,10204. It sorts based on the value of each digit. This makes it difficult to find inventory items when you have a large warehouse database.

Dawn T.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

TEAM software is our best tool

Reviewed on 27/4/2019

TEAM support is awesome, they go above and beyond. TEAM is always listening to our ideas and making improvements. The software itself puts all of our data in one place and makes it easy to pull out key metrics to help us run the business. Labor hours actual vs. budget, overtime management, job profitability, and the list goes on and one. A huge number of custom data fields allow us to track what’s important to our team.

Pros

Full integration of field operations and back office accounting, HR, etc. Everything we need is in this one software engine. Integration to EHub allows our field manager and employees to have data and documents at their fingertips and all in one application.

Cons

That it’s still Citrix-based but they are working on moving it.

Pat B.

WinTeam Gave Our Company The Ability To Scale & Integrate Departments

Reviewed on 29/3/2019

I really enjoy using the WinTeam system and the integration and efficiency we get from it. Customer support and account management is fantastic as well. Always there when you need them. Rolling out new features quickly is the only con I can think of and with their new management and ownership I think this will be changing soon.

Pros

The integration it gives us. Having Finance, HR, Operations & Payroll reduces error significantly and increases efficiency dramatically. It has allowed our company to scale fast for our clients year over year.

Cons

New features take a while to make it into production and there is a learning curve in terms of usability so training new team members can take some time.