Camtasia

Screen recording, video making, and editing tool

4.4/5
4.4/5
4.5/5
4.3/5

114 Software options

Paul M.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Has been indispensible in creating my new video series

Reviewed on 1/9/2021

I just finished an intensive 6-months project using Camtasia for editing a 30+ hour educational videos series for artists.

I had used Camtasia casually for 7-8 years , for fairly small projects, so this was a big step up in my requirements. My timeline generally started with 3 video feeds (3 angles on my work table), a separate audio feed, and Powerpoint slides, then I'd layer in special effects, annotations, and other items. I did have to upgrade my hardware so it could keep up (including an SSD drive) but the software did amazingly well.

Since I had been using Camtasia for other work projects for several years, and I've seen improvements in each upgrade. They still put a lot of effort into improving the product.

I'm very happy with my results - my videos look professional and well put together. With over 30 hours of video content, it would be easy for the series to become boring, but I can switch camera angles, add transitions, annotations, and other elements which keep it fresh and interesting.

I have no hesitation in recommending Camtasia.

Pros

The product seems to be honed in to provide the features that are critical to non-professional video editors. Ease of use is great, and it has all the features I need to create professional videos

Cons

A few bugs have popped up here and there, but they've been fixed quickly. I wish it were a little easier to mix in multiple video angles

Ayodeji A.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Fully packed video editing software

Reviewed on 17/10/2021

I have had fantastic moments with camtassia and even recommended it to a team working on video production. it is a robust software which works fine for quality video editing.

Pros

Camtasia has the ability to separate video clip to different parts or elements(audio, video, text and transitions) and also edit them independently.
Oh It's so nice to know that same software has a feature to remove background noise from already recorded video clips. This means you can further split audio into parts and either edit or remove them completely.
This is a good tool in the hands of professional video editors and also worth learning for beginners.

Cons

Apart from the fact that it can suck all the storage space on your device or even crash, It becomes frustrating while working on low end pc, at its worse, it can take up to an hour to render a project.

Abdelaali S.
  • Industry: Design

recommendation about camtasia

Reviewed on 8/11/2021

easy than other programs

Pros

you can make screen record
editing many videos and photos in one time
make some music in videos
use some transactions and icons inside

Cons

all collection of features is Limited

Mirza R.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

More than just a screen recording software

Reviewed on 20/6/2021

Camtasia has made it easy to screen record, edit and upload videos all in one place. The ease of is really great. This is a one stop do it all type of software. You can add your own videos in addition to you screen recording too. The end quality of the product delivered by Camtasia is worth investing in it. If you're on the fence about it and need a push to get it, I definitely recommend it.

Pros

Camtasia is really easy to use even for beginners. There are lot of tutorials available on the Camtasia website to get started on the software. There are inbuilt video editing features or drop downs that make video editing a breeze. The screen capture feature is amazing and trouble free. All you need is a microphone and a screen to get started. Various pre-built animations can be added into your video to quicken the editing process. Video export options are also available to save videos in the desired format.

Cons

There is a very small learning curve that new users might find annoying at first but its ease of use becomes natural after a while. There are so many features available that you might get lost in it.

Torre C.

Intuitive, feature-rich video editor

Reviewed on 12/6/2021

I use Camtasia as part of a recurring marketing campaign that we create and manage in-house, and every time I'm encountered with a more complex video editing option I go right back to Camtasia. It has every feature I need, is easy to use, and makes editing a cinch.

Pros

Camtasia makes editing videos simple, fast, and as easy as possible for non-technical editors. It has basically every video editing feature you could want for basic editing, and is very user friendly and intuitive. I love the transition options, annotation options, and other basic affects that all have drag and drop capabilities. It's also really easy to cut out pieces of a video, speed the video or audio up, etc.

Cons

The upload to YouTube feature just stopped working with the recent version I purchased. My old version still works fine with that but the fact that I can no longer directly upload to YouTube drives me absolutely bonkers. Many others have reported this issue online and there doesn't seem to be a solution as of yet.

Daniel E.

Educational films

Reviewed on 16/4/2020

With Camtasia, we have always been able to create professional explanatory films that have been highly appreciated by customers. Processes were well visualized for the users.

Pros

Camtasia is an excellent tool for creating explanatory movies. It makes it easy to synchronize sound and video. Many small functions make a professional look possible. For example, straightening the mouse pointer or zooming in and out.

Cons

Camtasia is an excellent tool for creating explanatory movies. However, it often takes a lot of fine-tuning before all of the functions finally match.

Mohamed I.

Camtasia Review

Reviewed on 26/5/2021

Pros

Screen capture video: The program provides the ability to capture the screen, a specific window or part of the screen and get a video file for everything you do on the computer screen

You can add recording to your photo when recording video to computer screen

You can use it to upload the video you have produced directly to YouTube.

It provides you with the ability to write on the video and add special effects

Remove some clips from your captured video and add others

Cons

Program operation is slow and there are delays between picture and sound in video when using the program on a computer with low capabilities. Therefore, it needs a computer with high capabilities in order to enjoy ease of use and avoid these problems.

William C.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Camtasia Relay

Reviewed on 21/7/2020

Overall, I have had a good experience with incorporating Camtasia Relay into our learning resources. It provides a very valuable tool for faculty to use.

Pros

The thing I like most about Camtasia Relay is the fact that our faculty are able to use this to record and publish their lectures for students that can't attend class or learn from home.

Cons

The thing that I like the least about Camtasia Relay is that it takes a bit of time to train faculty on how to use it. Some instructors are hesitant and get a bit frustrated when trying to learn the platform theirselves.

Kalim U.
  • Industry: Media Production

Camtasia is best video editing and screen recording software

Reviewed on 20/9/2020

Camtasia is very fast and good video editing and system screen recorder software which you will get both when you bought it. Editor can share edited video directly to YouTube and other social media platform.

Pros

software is very light and you can run this software on 4GB RAM is well. Buyer get video editor and screen recorder in one package which is very good for new editor and youtubers.

Cons

There is limitations of Text templates there is no professional transitions for videos and images. there is no lower third templates.

Jackie P.
  • Industry: Information Services

Camtasia Ideal for Businesses Who Need the Next Level

Reviewed on 4/11/2021

Camtasia is great for creating tutorial videos for customers.

Pros

There is a comprehensive help section to assist you. I have not experienced any issues with the way the software functions.

Cons

It takes a while to learn all of the features and master them.

Omar P.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used for 2+ years

It's a lot better than before

Reviewed on 5/8/2021

I used to use camtasia years ago, but left it cause of some problems, and I give it a second chance and I'm amazed. I will use it often

Pros

The interface it's a lot better and a lot easier to use, and it works perfectly

Cons

the price is a bit higher, but i think it's worth it.

Jon-david M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Camtasia is Expert Video Editing Software that Technophobes Can Use!

Reviewed on 16/6/2021

My overall experience has been great. From tech support to transferring Camtasia to computer to new computer. Of course, the video editing software is the best.

Pros

When I first started using Camtasia, years ago, I probably didn't need such a sophisticated video editing platform. But now, I wouldn't do without it. It is so quick and comprehensive. My videos render in seconds.

Cons

I don't love the price. I do update to the latest versions every once in a while and that has additional cost to it. But I love Camtasia and it is worth the price.

Heather T.
  • Industry: Insurance

Easy To Use

Reviewed on 28/9/2020

The software has allowed me to create pieces of videos that I use over and over then splice them into other videos at the applicable place. This not only streamlines my work but ensures we are using the correct information each time. It has also allowed me to create more professional quality of videos in far less time.

Pros

The system has a robust set of features built into it that are easy to use and manipulate. Most things are as easy as dragging and dropping them into place on the video you are editing. You can easily add things such as transitions, moving call-outs, and even splice in other videos. It took me about 30 minutes to get it all figured out.

Cons

It feels overwhelming at first and the controls aren't necessarily easy to figure out unless you have watched a tutorial. Once you do then it is very easy to figure out and navigate.

Cathy S.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

It has the features you need - but it's finicky

Reviewed on 6/5/2021

It has a good amount of features, but it's very finicky. I've had many projects crash on me. I actually have Camtasia 2018, but had to revert back to the 2009 version because I couldn't do anything in 2018 without it crashing every 2 minutes (not a joke).

Pros

Record screen and highlight mouse. Add zoom regions. Cut/add video audio. Has a good library of intro scenes and third-screen text.

Cons

Crashes a lot, and you can lose your work a lot, since you saving sometimes causes it to crash. Any project over 6 minutes is at risk of this.

Good video recording and editing tool

Reviewed on 18/3/2021

Pros

I use Camtasia for video tutorials recording, editing, and applying voice-over. I like this software overall, the quality of the video is perfect. Love the effects available and video redactor. It is much easier to use than Adobe for example.

Cons

Sometimes it shuts down suddenly and doesn't save the latest changes.

Benjamin T.
  • Industry: Media Production

Great product to capture and create video

Reviewed on 30/6/2021

This year was one of the first times that my department created video training for our staff rather than giving a bunch of in-person or video meetings for training. Camtasia made it incredibly easy to capture the video and add the audio as needed. We were also able to find some great advice on the best ways to create the type of content we were creating the easiest.

Pros

This is one of the easiest products for capturing and creating videos that I've used. What's amazing about that is it's also pretty feature-rich. The way the timeline operates and the way you can add various effects and audio to the timeline is very simple and often just requires a drag and a drop. Refining exactly where you want an effect to be is quite easy as well. The way you can easily turn on and off effects that you have used is really helpful.

Cons

I think some of the tutorials on the website were poorly organized and there weren't some of the types of tutorials that I would have found most helpful available.

Maher T.

Video Editing? So Camtasia

Reviewed on 27/11/2020

Pros

Simple to use, very large options and tools.
You get what you imagine.

Cons

The timeline needs more precision in terms of thumbnails to get perfect scenes.

Hamdi C.
  • Used for Free Trial

good screen record software

Reviewed on 30/6/2020

i tried the trial version to record video presentation

Pros

camtasia is a very amazing software to make screen record video and audio with hight quality resolution and easy way

Cons

hight price for individual user that can use free alternative like OBS, so as a user for simple record i don't see the point to buy the license

• Used for 1-5 months

Simple Screen Recorder with build-in editor

Reviewed on 11/8/2021

Overall, this software best suite for people who want instant recording without switching and downloading different apps, because Camtasia is all in one package. But if you want to go for gaming, personally I do not recommend it because it's so heavy.

Pros

GUI is simple and modern. Build-in editor making editing easy and fast, low learning curve, everyone can start using it with a little tutorial, because it's so intuitive.

Cons

Software is heavy, gameplay recording cutting a lot of frame rate

• Industry: Textiles
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Camtasia - Review

Reviewed on 26/5/2021

This is Great software for Training videos with the screen recording requirement. You can use this for Youtube Video Recording.

Pros

Camtasia is one of very competent software, which we can use it for Screen Recording. Which is user friendly & best for training videos

Cons

The Video Editing Part is not much competent among similar video editing software.

Flavio V.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Excellent for produce videos for sharing information

Reviewed on 23/3/2021

We used Camtasia for preparing videos tutorial for our staff, explaining how to used some applications we developed internally. The video production, blending screen sharing, video, audio and effects, allowed us to create information content with high quality.

Pros

Very easy and intuitive, almost no need to read user guides to start producing tutorials and applications demos in your computer. Camtasia is lightweight and fast.

Cons

If your production has many video recordings, and uses effects, the rendering process can be time consuming.

Muhammad I.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

As a YouTuber and a Freelancer you need Camtasia Software

Reviewed on 4/8/2021

I was not an expert in video editing and started using Camtasia. And now I am a graphic designer and still, I am using Camtasia because of its highly friendly interface.
I used to create videos for my youtube channel, for my Facebook page, and for my clients. Each time Camtasia is going to help me a lot. I can create an intro I want, simply by using Camtasia templates. I can edit video without hesitation of lagging problem.
But I don't like its loading time, It often used to take too much time while exporting a video, uploading a video on youtube, or doing sharing with Camtasia.
But I am expecting that the Camtasias team is working on this and it is going to resolve very soon.

Pros

The best thing I like about Camtasia is the savings project as a file. You can stop working on your project anytime you want and may reopen it whenever you wish to continue. It is not going to crash like other cheap software. Once you complete your project, You can export this in any format which you want.
I like this feature because I am a freelancer and I used to work on 2 to e projects same time. Sometimes I need to stop my first project and need to continue another project. Here Camtasia saved project will help me a lot and it is never going to troubleshoot or crash.
You may import hundred of videos and it is never going to lag even a little bit. It is also going to work smoothly also on small systems e.g having 4GB ram or low on Hard disk-like 70GB.

Cons

Opening software takes too much time but it's okay, But there is no sense of loading again when I am going to opening my saved project. I like the software too much but I wish that the Camtasia team should have a look at this and need to improve this one. I can't afford so much patience that I will use to wait while it's being opening.
Another thing I want to mention here, It has limited access to templates. There should be an option of importing custom templates. The quantity of icons in the media library is also limited although there is an option of downloading from techsmith website but i am unable to do so.

Piyush K.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

best video software

Reviewed on 24/10/2021

Pros

Straightforward UI with every single required device and choice in the tabs with adaptable screen see.

Preloaded impacts in the media, comments, advances, practices, movements, cursor impacts, voice portrayals, visuals impacts and more made task finished quick.

Various track where media record can embed from import with choice like stow away or noticeable and lock choices.

Bringing in of media record straightforward and simple with adaptable posting perspective on the many documents.

Sending out of movie can be straightforwardly transferred to required stage or can save in the framework.

Cons

Elements of the choice need to further develop reaction time and need to forestall crash of the product.

Dispatch of the product is additional tedious and introduction of the product sets aside more effort to work.

The client is needed to pay for the redesign each time independently regardless of introductory buy.

Cristhian josue J.
  • Industry: Design

Camtasia, the ideal suite for students and businesses

Reviewed on 4/9/2021

I like Camtasia to edit and create simple videos focused on brands and students because it allows us to create interesting and didactic audiovisuals, this video editor fulfills that function very well, but when developing a major production project, I would not even bother to open this software, because I know previously it will not help me.

The price is very affordable and I highly recommend this video editor if you want to create school projects or aimed at a work group, from there on out it would not be the best option.

Pros

Camtasia is a really simple video editor, I like how it works, I like what it can do, but above all, I like that it leaves you to create videos in such simple and easy ways, Camtasia seems to be focused on the beginner user, or the one who wants to do simple and good quality videos.

In my opinion, this is a very good first video editor for those who want to enter the world of post-production and audiovisual development, its price is accessible and that is exactly what makes this my first suggestion to any beginner.

Cons

Camtasia is very simple, the features that make it an excellent video editor make it a software that doesn't meet the needs of all the projects we may have in mind, not to mention the post-production of some long footage, we couldn't get something elaborate with the native resources of this video editor.

If you're an intermediate or advanced experienced editor, I wouldn't recommend this software, as it will probably just stop your workflow and won't meet your needs.

Daniel T.

Camtasia Review

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

I use Camtasia to record and create professional training video for my courses, webinars, and for post-production recorded Zoom live session. It’s very easy to create another similar video, using templates, video placeholders or simply copy-paste an existing project and replace existing media with a new one.

It is less feature-rich than Adobe Premiere, but you can’t beat its simplicity.

Also, TechSmith delivers amazing support tutorials to help you learn how to use the platform.

Pros

Camtasia is very easy to use and has enough features to make your video looks professional.

Has templates and video placeholders that are very useful when you create similar videos.

It has quite a few video effects.

It has auto sound normalizer and noise reduction (is not perfect, but it helps).

Camtasia comes with a Screen Recorder that is integrated with the editor. After recording, you have the option to auto create a Camtasia project and add the recorded video to it.

Can capture mouse and you can edit it later (like size or hide it). Camtasia also smooth the mouse movements.

You can explain better some topics using text overlay (very easy to create, extend, or add effects).

Supports green screen.

It’s easy to import video and photos created in other application.

You can post videos directly to YouTube from within the application.

Cons

Sometimes I need to be exact when cutting and splicing a video or audio and I miss one or two steps of zooming-out the media.

The software was freezing on a laptop without a graphics card (rarely).

Camtasia doesn’t have the possibility to change the editing speed. But I managed to do it using a workaround: changing the media speed and before exporting don’t forget to change it back to normal.

For a long video, rendering takes a lot.

Audio processing is a bit limited (for more control you should use another tool like Audacity)

If you hear that Camtasia can import PowerPoint slides, don’t be too enthusiast about that, it will import them as photos only. Doesn’t import/replicate any effect or text.