Cisco AnyConnect

Virtual private network (VPN) to secure remote access

4.6/5

Oscar

AnyConnect - Best VPN Client

Reviewed on 20/8/2021

It has worked quite well for us, it is much more stable than using Meraki and the end user has fewer problems.

Pros

It is the simplest tool for the end user.
And for administrators, it is the one that gives us the most confidence for a secure connection to the organization.
Additional soon it will also be able to be used with Meraki, we liked this news a lot.

Cons

In the new versions it is no longer compatible with the ISR4000 and is only supported on ASA and Firepower.
I think this is a disadvantage, since it forces you to purchase a separate device for remote connection.

Cisco Meraki

Reasons for Switching to Cisco AnyConnect

It has been the most reliable and easy-to-use option for our users. The cost is not much and for the home office it has turned out to be an indispensable and reliable tool.
Myriam
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Cisco AnyConnect - Safe & Convenient WFH Tool

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

Overall, Cisco AnyConnect is user-friendly and a remarkable tool for remote working.

Pros

Using Cisco AnyConnect is very easy and allows for a secure VPN connection from anywhere. This has made remote working a breeze.

Cons

I sometimes have to log in/authenticate myself a few times with Cisco AnyConnect before a secure VPN connection is established.

Catarina

Basic VPN software

Reviewed on 12/11/2022

It was a key tool in our tech stack during the remote work periods, particularly during the pandemic. It fullfills it's main purpose, delivering a simple and fast way to establish VPN connections.

Pros

This tool provided a simple, safe and fast way to establish a VPN connection to our client's network. It was a key tool during the pandemic, where all of out team was working from home.

Cons

The VPN connection breaks were sometimes frequent and the information regarding these events was not depicted in a clear way, so that's a thing to improve. Also, some websites connections were slowed down and during momments of huge amounts of network traffic, the connection strength was poor.

Ana
  • Industry: Banking

Easy to use for remote working

Reviewed on 16/8/2022

Pros

You can easily create a VPN environment with a single click on your PC or smartphone. You can also easily select a server to connect to. In addition, by preparing multiple servers, even in an environment where the connection to a specific server is poor, the ability to connect to a VPN by selecting another server is also useful when using software that requires a VPN connection.

Cons

Although a VPN connection can be made, there are cases in which the communication speed drops and video conferences are interfered with.

OpenVPN

Reasons for Choosing Cisco AnyConnect

I used it as a tool for remote work when I was stationed at a certain major company. At first, I used it mainly to connect to my WiFi environment, but it was easy to use because it was easy to authenticate and maintained sufficient speed.

Reasons for Switching to Cisco AnyConnect

Small and medium-sized business owners are recommended to recommend the introduction of a work-from-home system. The scale, ease of use, ease of introduction, ease of use for users, etc., will be discussed once with the Cisco manager and the information system manager, and the above problems and issues will be resolved. We recommend that you consider the advantages.
Elif şevval

great vpn security

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

i love it in generally

Pros

I used it for the vpn feature and I can say that I am generally satisfied because it works more stable and faster than the equivalent vpns in the market, you can surf with vpn without slowing down your internet speed..

Cons

Since I use the vpn feature, I do not want to comment too much, but I can say that I find the overall quality extremely successful. I think it does not have a bad feature or use, it is pleasant enough and offers a quality feeling.

Nandita

Safest to use

Reviewed on 28/10/2022

Pros

It provides highly secured network for remote working on any device on which it is configured.

Cons

It gets disconnected often and sometimes it is time consuming with all the authentication process.

Guy

Great VPN software. Very recommended

Reviewed on 28/9/2022

Pros

This software provides a stable and secured connection

Cons

Cisco should provide the option to reconnect before connection time is over, to avoid disconnections to remote servers

Ashish
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great software for remote work

Reviewed on 10/10/2022

Pros

Its easy to connect and do not disconnect like some other softwares.

regular password update is a good security feature

Cons

There is nothing really to dislike about it.

Ayseli Bozkır

Excellent VPN solution

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

Pros

Cisco AnyConnect offers a quite advance infrastructure for ensuring the security of our communication hub.

Cons

My experience with Cisco AnyConnect is extremely positive so far, I have no objections.

Andy
  • Industry: Chemicals

Cisco AnyConnect Provides Top-Notch Security & VPN Solutions

Reviewed on 26/9/2022

Pros

So easy to use - the software does the work for you. As long as you have a good internet connection, this product works swiftly to get you rolling quicker and guards your connection and info like a bank vault!

Cons

This software works so wonderfully, I have nothing negative to say at all.

Chirag
  • Industry: Insurance

Stable VPN with Cisco AnyConnect

Reviewed on 7/4/2021

We love using Cisco AnyConnect. It is trouble-free. If someone has troubles, we can do logging with it and determine where the issues are. Typically the uses are with home networks' instability rather than the software itself. The one thing Cisco can improve on is their customer support, and having account reps follow up with customers routinely.

Pros

Stability is marvelous. We started using Cisco AnyConnect 1+ years ago before the pandemic and had enough licenses to support the entire company. Our VPN was rock solid. When pandemic hit and we asked staff to work from home, every single person adjusted very well and were very pleased with the stability of their VPN connection.

Cons

Customer support is not the best. Fortunately, the Cisco ASA hardware and Cisco AnyConnect VPN software works so well that we didn't have to call customer support much at all. When we did call, we got limited information that required us to research more and then call support with our findings.

Gabe

A solid VPN client platform for technical and non-technical alike

Reviewed on 6/2/2018

Enterprise-class product for VPN access to maintain productivity and security from remote or insecure network locations.

Pros

- Stable software that is polished and minimalist.
- Vendor-supported software; If you have problems, Cisco offers enterprise-level technical support channels for enterprise application managers.
- Apple/Windows support, with very similar feature and interface parity. Sometimes this is not the case for some cross-platform applications.
- Provide integration for multi-factor authentication (Duo, RSA, etc.)
- Flexible design to support multiple VPN profiles, should you need to manage multiple access profiles.
- Client software updates are automatically deployed from VPN servers to client end-point installs, making it a very elegant solution for non-technical and technical users alike.

Cons

- Successful and reliable VPN access is built upon a robust network and a VPN server configuration. Updates pushed to AnyConnect software provided by the company I work for have caused issues for users periodically. This is not necessarily the fault of Cisco AnyConnect, but rather, an issue with communication and coordination of changes between VPN support personnel and end-users.

If VPN personnel make changes to the VPN server infrastructure that impacts end-users, its important to consider when and how to coordinate those changes so as to minimize the impact and frustration to end-users.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

A VPN Client That Just Works

Reviewed on 20/2/2019

Cisco AnyConnect has provided our users with an easy solution for securely connecting to the corporate LAN. I've found that Cisco's TAC group has also done a good job of supporting the product on the rare occasion when an issue does pop up. Overall, this is the perfect solution for our company: you're hardly aware that the product is even running and the support of the application by Cisco has given us nothing but confidence with its use within an enterprise environment.

Pros

I've used the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client over the last 10 years while also managing AnyConnect client-to-site configurations on ASAs. Both as a user and administrator, the product is straight-forward: through a few easy and well-documented steps, the VPN configuration is created leaving the client to simply login via the GUI which will provide them with the appropriate release and version of AnyConnect for their OS. Whether they're on a Mac, PC, or their mobile device, the process and use of AnyConnect to access our corporate network is easy and transparent for the non-technical user which means less time spent teaching and troubleshooting.

Cons

Around a year ago, I worked with users and also personally experienced issues following a Windows update. Cisco TAC was able to work with us on changes to the .xml profile and get us up and running. 99% of the time, the product works fine. On the rare occasion that there are issues, more meaningful error messages would aid in determining root cause.

Ivan

Cisco AnyConnect review

Reviewed on 23/9/2020

We do have a lot of users accessing multiple environments. With Cisco we are able to easily differentiate who has access to what.

Pros

It's very simple and easy to use. Token management has a really good and intuitive design. You have everything explained in details.

Cons

Sometimes it can act up and disconnect, however it has the auto-reconnect function so it doesn't pose any major issues.

8x8 X Series

8x8 X Series

Reasons for Switching to Cisco AnyConnect

Since it offers much more options compared to the other products
Irfan
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

An undefined Security Agent for Security.....

Reviewed on 9/3/2020

this solution is excellent for small and large scale organization, amizing services with feature, we are using it from all over the world with best security of end point users.

Pros

This product is very high Security for endpoint agent used for multiple service that are been used in security to protect the Infrastructure of any organization for any type of Operating System platform as well as phone OS and only Chrome OS Browser its bunch of truly security for endpoint users as well as VPN Connectivity.

Cons

Pricing.
threat management not so good and one management agent hanged then your VPN solution is just crashed

Reasons for Choosing Cisco AnyConnect

we are unable to handle security of VPN clients, those are increasing day by day also management of all endpoint users, therefore we study and then select this one to resolve our VPN related issues

Reasons for Switching to Cisco AnyConnect

high security Brand name wold wide.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

The VPN you need (if you need VPN)

Reviewed on 10/4/2020

Any frustrations I've ever had with AnyConnect have been due to user error - nothing about the software itself. It's a minimal pop-up window that helps me log in and make a secure connection to get my work files. After using it for a while, it becomes habit just like anything else. I don't know what it's like as an administrator, but as a user I'm fully satisfied.

Pros

I don't fully understand the intricacies of VPN, but I trust our organization's IT team since they say we need it. VPN lets me get the files I need from our organization's server when I'm at home, and I have to say AnyConnect makes it easy to do so. You're just a few clicks away, and it reminds you if you've disconnected after a long period of inactivity or shutting your computer off. I don't have any experience with another VPN client, but I can't imagine it being much easier than this from a user perspective.

Cons

VPN is one of those things everyone finds annoying - but they don't complain about having to login into their Facebook account. It's pretty much the same number of clicks, except you can't auto-save your password (otherwise what's the point of logging in for security reasons?) It's one more thing to remember, sure, but we learn to remember the important processes that help us get our work done.

SHIVAM
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Awesome tool to stay connected with work !!

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

Overall the experience has been great and helpful. The best part is that is connects automatically which saves tremendous amount of time. In case you don't want to use it, simply press the disconnect button and it gets disabled. Very easy to use and with very simple guidelines anyone can use it.

Pros

This tool is most definitely a blessing where you can stay connected with your work even while at home or travelling. It fast and very secure. It has the VPN feature which uses a trusted internet connection to log into the work network. I have used this while travelling as well. It also has a system scan tool which checks if the system is compliant and allows access to the network accordingly. It is able to connect automatically once you log in to you computer as long as there is internet access. This software has been really help during urgent situations at workplace so one can help the team remotely as well.

Cons

Not too much of a cons but something that can possibly be improved is that once in a while (once is every 3-4 months) when at the work network the application will try to connect as well. This problem is typically resolved by either turning on and off your internet and or restarting your computer.

Melanie
  • Industry: Higher Education

Used as Remote Employee

Reviewed on 2/8/2022

Using Cisco AnyConnect allows me to work remotely and securely from any where. I am able to access files and shared drives easily and can trust that they are being transmitted securely.

Pros

I use this software most regularly to connect to my organization's VPN. I work remotely full time and use the VPN to access shared drives, files, and portals. It is simple to connect and saves the VPN path so I do not have to type it each time. My favorite thing about this software is its ease of use.

Cons

I do not find any of the elements of the software difficult to use.

Nachiket
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Cisco AnyConnect - Best Remote Connection software for Corporates

Reviewed on 28/4/2022

My overall experience with Cisco AnyConnect has been really good. I use it daily to connect with the company's private networks to access sensitive data which is not accessible through usual networks. As a part of the Product team at ZS, we deploy certain applications on production servers that cannot be accessed without connecting with the company VPN. Cisco AnyConnect has great auto-connection capabilities in case one of the available WiFI connections faces an issue.

Pros

The best thing I like about Cisco AnyConnect is that it can connect with all available company VPN networks in minimal time using available network connections. The icon is embedded in the taskbar and requires only the VPN network name, username, and password to connect with the VPN network. Also, Wifi for ZS is routed through Cisco AnyConnect. So in case there are two saved networks active at a time with the VPN on, and the network currently linked becomes inactive due to unforeseen circumstances, CIsco AnyConnect automatically connects with the other network and re-establishes the connection to the VPN. This is all without any manual interference, and is simple great!

Cons

There are minimal issues with Cisco AnyConnect. Sometimes, it does not recognize the presence of mobile networks and there is no way to establish a WiFi connection without restarting the system and hoping that it works fine. This becomes a major roadblock, especially in times of urgent client meetings where virtual presence is mandatory.

Any connect vpn

Reviewed on 29/3/2020

I heavily relied on this software of multiple reasons. It never.let me down. If even worked well over my cell data connections.

Pros

The overall speed and simple setup for a end users connection. When using a VPN for IT needs I find this product is the most reliable for structure ad speed of the connection. I have used other VPN as well and have ran into issues with tunneling. But with this application it has been the less stress causing in the VPN world. Also running my applications from my pc via vpn connection on any connect runs just like you are connected to the original network vs VPN. No lag or delay.

Cons

The gui interface install on the user side could be a bit more user friendly.

Wendy

Very useful for external computer use at home for work!

Reviewed on 20/1/2022

Really really pleased with this tool! A must have for everyone who needs to work remotely and not have to go into work to use the work computer as it allows you to get your work interface with the VPN. Definitely a must have! It is very easy to install and use. Highly highly recommend!

Pros

I use this tool to allow me to work remotely at home, which has been very convenient, especially during the COVID pandemic/surge. With this tool, it basically mimics your computer as a work computer so you are able to do all your work assignments from home. There is an added security for logging on so no one else can accidentally load this on your computer. I HIGHLY recommend this tool as we use this a lot at Stanford. It allows me to finish my clinic notes at home by logging on remotely.

Cons

Sometimes, the software has to be updated in order for to log on, however, there is always an automatic update search that lets me know when I need to update. There is also an option to defer the update and still log on if you are in rush. So honestly, I cannot complain about this software.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reliable service to connect remotely

Reviewed on 16/9/2020

Great software, secure, and takes seconds to login and access your network.

Pros

We use Cisco AnyConnect to connect securely to our server while working remotely from home. It is so easy to connect using their Duo Mobile app and software on your computer. Takes a matter of seconds with your log-in information and a generated confirmation code from your mobile app to type in on your computer cisco software log-in.

Cons

Honestly nothing bad to say about this software. Perhaps there are more features to Cisco AnyConnect, but in regard to security and connecting remotely, it is so simple and easy.

jimmy

Cisco AnyConnect review

Reviewed on 30/5/2021

Cisco Anyconnect is pretty easy to install on OS image and push through manage engine(deployment software).

Pros

Cisco AnyConnect works pretty well with Cisco Firewall/VPN . It has a pretty trusty interface with easy client deployment and push updates. It also works on MacOS. That is a plus.

Cons

Cisco AnyConnect typically matches the firmware version of the firewall It forces IT to deploy a new client version when the FW firmware is updated.

Migrated the Sonic wall firewall to Cisco FW

Reasons for Switching to Cisco AnyConnect

We run a Cisco shop. AP, routers , switches and phones are Cisco.
Miguel

Easy software to download and install, extremely functional when securing private information

Reviewed on 31/3/2021

I work mostly from home and this software is very easy to use, to download and install. Also, it is secure and has a stable connection. It is suitable for all type of companies especially those that have remote workers. The software gives you a secure connection to work remotely and protect the privacy of the company which should be the main priority of organizations. I strongly recommend this software to companies that are starting out and want to maintain a a secure connection.

Pros

I use this software on a daily basis to protect my organization's private and sensitive information. I work in the healthcare industry and it is highly important to protect the patient's information. One of the features that I strongly believe helps protect the organization's sensitive information is the two factor authentication when connecting to the company's VPN, making it more secure and protecting the privacy of the company and the patients as well .

Cons

I strongly believe that the software does a fantastic job at protecting the security and privacy of organizations especially when working from home. However, I do feel that login in into the software and connecting to the company's VPN can be very tedious since it has crashed several times during my time frame using the software. Also, I do feel that the software makes my work computer work a little bit slower than usual, maybe this can be improve and optimize.

Waldemar
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Cisco AnyConnect - a secure and reliable VPN gateway

Reviewed on 14/3/2022

Overall extremely positive experience, Cisco AnyConnect does what it is supposed to do, it is a secure VPN gateway utilizing MFA and auto-reconnect and it is a must-have piece of software for anyone seeking to easily secure the access to their applications or sharepoint locations. The program is extremely quick when it comes to authentication and well optimized when it comes to system resource utilization.

Pros

Cisco Anyconnect provides swift and secure network access regardless of users location. Within our organization we utilize it mainly for external connections. Cisco AnyConnect was a life-saver during the pandemic period where majority of our company had to swiftly adjust to a new remote work-model. We found Cisco AnyConnect with it's lightweight design and user-friendly interface to be a perfect tool for the job. Embedded multi-factor authentication functionality and auto-connect features really make the VPN shine.

Cons

I have been utilizing Cisco AnyConnect for over two years at this point, and I am yet to find any issues with the software.