Dayforce Powerpay Reviews

Dayforce Powerpay

Cloud-based HR and payroll management software

4.6/5
4.5/5
4.5/5
4.8/5

Frank

Why would you do your own payroll?

Reviewed on 7/7/2022

I'm in the business of electrical contracting, so the less time I spend on stuff like payroll, the better. It would actually cost me a lot more in labor to do it myself. And this way it's always done right.

Pros

Even for small business with only a few employees will benefit from using a payroll service. We've used 2 others and Ceridian was the standout for cost and customer service. Anytime I've called customer service for help, the wait has been very short (less than 2 minutes) and the agents are always well informed, friendly and helpfull.

Cons

It's complex. The service dies a LOT more than I actually use and because we have no dedicate payroll staff, it is easy to forget some of the more arcane functions that are only needed a couple of times a year.

Rene
  • Industry: Automotive

Conversion from INSYNC to Powerpay

Reviewed on 14/4/2021

The conversion from INSYNC to Powerpay was smooth and the system is easy to use. It is not very code driven compared to INSYNC.

Pros

The powerpay system departs from using codes all the time coming from INSYNC. The user interface is very friendly and easy to use.

Cons

Reporting is not as extensive and cannot be used as a replacement for a proper HRIS. Thus I use Dayforce for most basic reports and powerpay just for Payroll reports.

Dayforce HCM and ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce Powerpay

The time and attendance piece we use with INSYNC was retiring.

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce Powerpay

Price and easy transition since both are Ceridian products.

Response from Dayforce

Hi Rene - Thank you for the detailed feedback around your experience with INSYNC and Powerpay. Your feedback helps to fuel innovation and continue to improve on our product. Thank you for choosing Ceridian.

Milana
  • Used for 6-12 months

Power Pay Review

Reviewed on 11/2/2021

I used Powerpay 7 years ago and am using it now again, it is simple and I like many features (ROE adjustment, Deduction page) but some things should be improved (reporting mostly)

Pros

It is easy to use, straight forward, limited functionality... (Department set up, reporting)

Cons

Reports are very limited, even the custom reports addition is barely useful.
Customer service is great, they answer quickly and most are very helpful. However, more than once I asked the same question and got 2 different answers. Representative should have payroll certification to be able to help with code set up.

Response from Dayforce

Hi Milana - Thank you very much for the detailed feedback, especially around consistent responses and reporting. Your feedback helps us continue to innovate and improve!

Linda
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

PowerPay - Payroll with peace of mind

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

The peace of mind and support of Ceridian Customer Service is the reason I choose Ceridian Canada again and again for all my payroll needs.

Pros

This is the 3rd company I have selected for use of Ceridian Canada to handle my payroll. The services they provide meet all my payroll needs with added peace of mind due to the Customer Service Support. The Ceridian Customer Service Team is professional, knowledgeable, relatively easy to reach, and has always been able to support me with a solution. Keep up the good work !

Cons

The platform is not very user friendly if you are a beginner as there are lots of services offered. However if you call Customer Support, they will train and guide your through. Also the price of this payroll services is on high side, but you get what you pay for. I've worked with ADP before (for USA payroll), but I chose Ceridian Canada for Canadian Payroll again and again.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce Powerpay

ADP quoted a higher price. However ADP Canada offers a cheaper and more flexible HR solution than PowerPay.

Response from Dayforce

Hi Linda - Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, we greatly appreciate it! We are happy to hear that you have been able to lean on the support team when you need to and that they can walk you through what you need.

Jennifer

The Best Payroll Company

Reviewed on 24/6/2021

Pros

The system is user-friendly. It is easy and fast to use and insert information.

Cons

The information for each employee could be more accessible to HR. Sometimes I spent time finding the profile for each employee.

Response from Dayforce

Hi Jennifer - thank you very much for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you find Powerpay easy and fast to use.

Stacey
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Very much enjoying PowerPay!

Reviewed on 28/6/2021

I feel with PowerPay that we are in more control of what is happening. When we used Insync, we sometimes weren't sure how things were going to be affected until we received the pay registers within 1-2 days after. With PowerPay, we are more confident in our entries that the information submitted will react how we intended! It is so easy to use and we are quicker than ever submitting payrolls! Being an online program, the timing for switching could not have been better on our side, with the effects of Covid-19. Payroll would have been so much more difficult during these unpredicted times had we not switched when we did! I had the ability to work on it while at home without difficulty, and the ability to submit ROE's electronically to Service Canada (at a time when we had more ROE's than ever!).

Pros

PowerPay is so easy to use. The entry areas are well laid out and easy to follow/understand what is happening. I am confident I could do a crash course with someone and they would be able to use the basic features for a pay run in the same day. Payroll preview, along with the digital registers are great features, and electronic submission of ROE's to Service Canada is pretty high on my list of favourite features!

Cons

Better tracking of pay history and performance reviews would be beneficial. There is no place to enter the reasoning for a pay chance or performance reviews, so this is something we had to start doing manually with internal spreadsheets. It would also be helpful if we could view employee contact information at all times.

Response from Dayforce

Hi Stacey - thank you so much for your detailed feedback. It's great to hear that your migration from Insync went well and that you find Powerpay to be an easier tool to use. Thank you also for your suggestions around pay history and reviews, we'll share that feedback with our product team.

Sally

Advocate for Ceridian Powerpay

Reviewed on 23/3/2021

Powerpay is an excellent tool. Having the ability to work with payroll in this format has enabled me to delegate certain levels of data entry to lower level managers with allowing access to confidential information. This improved efficiencies. Having the ability to access our whole payroll system remotely has been a great asset. Customer service is always quick to respond and you always get to speak to a person that is friendly, professional and will find the answer for you.
The software is very easy to use and straight forward. I appreciate that we have been able to do some customization. There are many resources available as well for small businesses that may not otherwise have access.

Pros

I have worked with Ceridian in a previous position with a national company that used the Workforce management component as well. When I needed to source a payroll company for the organization I now work for Ceridian Powerpay was an easy choice. The transition from the existing pay system to Powerpay was seamless for our employees. The implementation of the program was an easy process with the assistance of the support team. It is very user friendly and provides us with all elements we need through the ability to customize. I like that it is easy to access from anywhere, including a mobile device.

Cons

This is an excellent product. The only comment I have for a con is that some of the reporting is not as user friendly in the way this it is laid out.
I have not encountered any issues of concern.

Response from Dayforce

Hi Sally - thank you so much for the detailed feedback. We're delighted to hear that you have found Powerpay to be a useful tool for you and the organizations you've worked for.

Megan
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Excellent for small and large businesses

Ease of use, quick processing ties

Ease of use, quick processing ties

Pros

The Powerpay feature makes payroll processing a breeze and the customer service is exponential. Amazing experience and have been a loyal Cerdian customer for 5+ years

Cons

Employee Profiles are somewhat limited with information

Dayforce HCM

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce Powerpay

Price and ease of administration

Price and useage

Response from Dayforce

Hi Megan - Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate your loyalty over the last 5+ years! We recently launched new functionality around employee records that we would love to walk you through. Again, thank you for your business!

LINE
  • Industry: Insurance

Review PowerPay

Reviewed on 24/11/2023

this system is great for any small to medium company that is looking for a system that is worth their money. Easy to use and makes payroll easy and efficient.

Pros

The system is small but mighty ! It is great for a company that is looking to make payroll a quick and efficient task for their Payroll department.

Cons

The reports could be built out a little more offering more of a variety to make balancing a little easier.

Very useful payroll software

Reviewed on 9/7/2021

Pros

We've been using powerpay for our company for several years and we're very happy with it.
Just recently deployed the self service portal to our employees and it was very easy.

Cons

It would be helpful to just be able to import hours from our timekeeping system via excel or CSV instead of having to re-enter it.

Response from Dayforce

Hello - Thank you for your feedback, especially around importing hours. We'd love to discuss that more with you.

Tammy

Payroll

Reviewed on 19/2/2021

Great.

Great.

Pros

Easy to navigate. Input is easy. Reports are super efficient.

Cons

Little education probably do not use it to its full potential.

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce Powerpay

I had used Quic books payroll years ago and prefer having a third party manage deductions etc.

Response from Dayforce

Hi Tammy - Thank you for the feedback, we greatly appreciate it!

Esther
  • Industry: Market Research

I like it and it is generally easy to ise

I like it and it is generally easy to ise

Pros

Power pay is easy to use and customer service is very helpful.

Cons

A little bit confusing for me when producing Record of employment.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce Powerpay

I used Ceridian’s service before from another client.

Response from Dayforce

Hi Esther - Thank you for your feedback!

Mike

Powerpay review

Reviewed on 12/1/2021

Overall it is a very good product and allows us to process payroll smoothly. The customer service team are friendly, picks up your call quickly and are super helpful at answering your questions. I have also participated in some of their virtual trainings which increased my knowledge and the functionality of the product.

Pros

I have to say what I like most about the product is the people behind it. The customer service is amazing, especially as a new user, I needed alot of help processing payroll. Although I used the help menu, I usually found it quicker and easier to just give them a call. The calls are answered quickly and the reps are very knowledgeable.

Cons

If an employee is not set up on self service it is difficult to retrieve their pay stubs. A paystub report is generated for people without a self service account but I dont find the report includes all the stubs of those without their account active

Response from Dayforce

Hi Mike - Thank you for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that our support team has been able to assist you when needed. Thank you also for your comments around pay stub reporting for employees without self service, we will be sure to mention this to our product team. Thank you again!

Jennifer
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Powerpay Review

Reviewed on 13/7/2021

Pros

Powerpay is very easy to use as a payroll system. The information is inputted and the system does the rest! The reports are generated automatically and are available at any time. If ever there was support needed, questions were answered quickly and efficiently and problems were solved! Another benefit that is appreciated is the email reminders we receive a day before payroll is due for submission. If there happens to be a holiday interfering with regular schedules, we are made aware well in advance and therefore do not miss any critical deadlines. We have been using this company for our business since opening in 2010 and would recommend it to anyone looking for a solution for their payroll needs!

Cons

The software often provides updates regarding taxation changes or government incentives that may be useful to your organization. The updates received include reports for every province rather than just ones that pertain to our region. It can be time consuming sifting through the updates to find the ones that pertain to your company specifically.

Response from Dayforce

Hi Jennifer - thank you for your feedback, especially around the reporting elements when it comes to changes in taxation or regulations. We'd love to discuss further with you!

Bonnie

Review of Ceridian Payroll

Reviewed on 24/5/2021

My overall experience has been very good. Powerpay makes handling all aspects of payroll very easy.

Pros

Ease of use and the historical record keeping. Very useful in applying for Government Covid Wage subsidies.
When I call in for help the staff have always been very knowledgeable and helpful. They have always been able to answer my questions.

Cons

I cannot think of anything at this point that needs improvement. This may be because I have a very small payroll.

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce Powerpay

Powerpay was recommended by a co-worker.

Response from Dayforce

Hi Bonnie - thank you so much for the feedback. We're very happy to hear that you Powerpay useful when it came to applying COVID subsidies. Thank you for your continued business!

SHERYL
  • Industry: Wholesale

Powerpay Use

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

It has always been an easy experience with powerpay and that that they are there to help if you need it.

Pros

We use Powerpay and have for a number of years. For a small seasonal company like ours, it is very easy for me to submit payroll from anywhere I have access to a computer. It also great to have ROE, t4's and year end completed so easily. Knowledgeable staff make it easy when your have a question or problem.

Cons

Being seasonal it would be easier if we could maintain somewhere the info for our workers who return every year. If we could recall them by their employee number, it would save a lot of extra work.

Response from Dayforce

Hi Sheryl - Thank you so much for your feedback! We are delighted to hear that Powerpay continues to serve you well! We will be sure to take your feedback about recalling employees back to our product team. We are always looking for ways to innovate and improve. Thank you again!

May
  • Industry: Investment Management

Review of Ceridian Power pay

Reviewed on 9/8/2021

wonderful experience productivity improvement

wonderful experience productivity improvement

Pros

ease of use and the customer support. every time we call customer support always very helpful.

Cons

each add on is additional cost - for some of the other modules.

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce Powerpay

Cost, other companies already using Ceridian
Jessica
  • Industry: Banking

Powerpay makes paying your people easy!

Reviewed on 17/3/2020

Overall I love Powerpay - so much so that all 4 organizations I process payroll for are now on this system!

Pros

Software is easy to use and navigate. Ceridian has been making lots of changes lately to enhance the user experience and it shows!

Cons

Wish there were more basic reporting features available in Ceridian to easily run employee based reports. Also wished the enhanced reporting was easier to understand / navigate.

Morag
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Ceridian makes things easier

Reviewed on 23/2/2021

We've always been very happy, saves so much time and staffing. Especially love the people on the help lines.

Pros

The generation of ROEs saves so much time, it's a life saver. The ability to pull prior years reports is great.

Cons

Nothing really missing nor that we don't like.

ADS Software

Customer servie

Response from Dayforce

Hi Morag - Thank you for sharing your experience with Powerpay! We're glad that you enjoy using the solution and that our support team has been helpful!

Janice

Great value for service

Reviewed on 3/2/2021

Having a team of professionals who can answer questions in a quick and professional manner has been so refreshing compared to our last provider

Pros

Setup process was smooth and assistance provided each step of the way.

Cons

I would like to see a holiday pay calculation feature.

Response from Dayforce

Hi Janice - Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

melissa
  • Industry: Restaurants

great product with ease of use

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

overall very good experience both with the software and the customer support. we have been customers for the past 13 years and haven't felt the need to look elsewhere for similar services

Pros

for our employee base this product is easy to use, easy to navigate through
your customer support are approachable and understand the ins and outs of payroll and what the employers obligations are

Cons

the only issues I have encountered was with codes that Ceridian uses and coordinating that with our software system and their codes it not always seamless or as intuitive as it should be

Response from Dayforce

Hi Melissa - Thank you very much for your feedback! Your loyalty means the world to us and we're happy to hear we are still meeting your payroll needs. Thank you for sharing your issues around codes, we are always looking to find ways to streamline.

Lindsey
  • Industry: Accounting

PowerPay Review

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Overall, we enjoy PowerPay and it meets our needs of a payroll software! Would recommend it

Great customer service
Great year end webinars

Cons

To find simple employee information in their profile, a new pay period always has to be created which sometimes is not feasible if we don't want to set up a new pay period at that time
The payroll preview in Insync was better, in my opinon

Response from Dayforce

Hi Lindsey - Thank you for your feedback! We actually now have the functionality to access employee info without having to be in a pay period. We would be happy to walk you through that! Glad to hear that Powerpay is meeting your payroll needs!

Dale
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Covid 19 Subsidies were confusing...Ceridian to the rescue

Reviewed on 30/4/2020

We applied for the cews subsidy, and didnt know how we could call employees back, while helping payback some losses for some employees. There were 4 different situations, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], your representative in Nova Scotia 'Owned our experience". She took it one step at a time, making sure myself and the administrator fully understood what we were doing and why. They went through all steps, and made it exceptionally easy...all while being professional, polite, and friendly. These are the people you want on your team. Very well done.

Pros

We were impressed by the many things the software could do, with vacation pay calculators that we did not know we could automate, to setting up three different types of employees easily

Cons

I dont think so. The staff made all the difference, and the software did what worked for us.

Dylan
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great Product Overall!

Reviewed on 5/1/2021

Powerpay is continuing to improve many payroll-related operations for us as we continue to grow!

Pros

Rapid entry is incredible in Powerpay, Self-Service makes things very easy and efficient (we used to manually send out paystubs & T4s), and the Excel journal entry has made our processes much better!

Cons

I wish I could copy cells in Excel and paste them directly into the rapid entry screen without having to sign up for a premium product. I also wish that the Department / Distribution setup went up to 4 digits instead of just 3 (0 - 999).

Response from Dayforce

Hi Dylan - Very interesting feedback around the dept setup and ability to copy/paste in rapid entry! We will share that with our product team. We're glad that Powerpay has helped to improve processes!

Shelina

Consultant's Review

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Fantastic, considering i had to experience on power pay.
I've been a 25+ year client of Ceridian....

Fantastic, considering i had to experience on power pay.
I've been a 25+ year client of Ceridian. Have In sync, payflex HPL and DF experience.
The Power Pay team was awesome..

Most of all kudos to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for providing exceptional service and prompt responses to all my issues.

Today is actually my last day at Lorex. I start a Full time role next week with Circle of Care!

Pls send to my personal email [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

Power Pay is a robust engine for what it does. However client did not know what all there was available.
Advanced Reporting feature was just turned on. Client did not utilize this as they didn't know.
Set up clients GL as that was a manual.
Import feeds created to optimize entry and remove rapid entry.
automated some of the earnings code features.

Cons

Would like even more reporting capability. But the 24 advanced reporting turned on definitely gives the client more than what they were using.

Response from Dayforce

Hi Shelina - Thank you so much for your detailed feedback! We appreciate your loyalty over the last 25+ years, wow!