Powerpay

Cloud-based HR and payroll management software

4.7 /5 (138 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
Laur B.
Industry: Research

EASY TO USE SOFTWARE WITH ROBUST CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Reviewed on 29/4/2020

We have had a positive experience with Powerpay. The system and the customer support has and continues to exceed our expectations. Anyone who is new to payroll should not hesitate to use Powerpay. The software can be learned quickly. The software's ease of use coupled with the robust customer support will make for a successful outcome.

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

I have not found any drawbacks to the software.

Julie J.
Industry: Machinery

User friendly and less time consuming Software

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Pros

The software is user friendly than what I used before. It has also saved a lot of my time on a biweekly basis to process payroll.

Cons

I would like more analytics in the software like creating various reports based on employee information.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Julie - Thank you so much for your feedback! We're glad to hear that Powerpay meets your needs and you are happy with the software! We are always looking for ways to improve and innovate so we will take your feedback around reporting back to the product team. Thank you again!

Carolyn F.
Industry: Accounting

Customer service is everything

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 11/12/2020

It's been an excellent experience.

Pros

The best part of Ceridian - other than the ease of use - is the customer service. Especially in the early days of using Ceridian, every time I had questions the customer service team was patient and very knowledgeable. In this day and age when good service is hard to find from even the largest company I appreciate knowing that any issue I have will be dealt with painlessly and quickly.

Cons

No cons. It works as needed. I've not had any issues with the software.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Carolyn - Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review! We can't tell you how happy we are to hear that you have had a great experience with Powerpay and our support team!

Dimpy D.

MODERN, EASY AND VERSATILE PRODUCT

Reviewed on 5/1/2021

- very satisfactory
- saves a lot of time
- easy to hire and terminate staff in the system
- the reports are comprehensive and easy to generate

Pros

- data entry is really easy
- powerpay was customised for us to a large degree
- easy to understand and explain

Cons

- the integration with our old system took a bit of time

Response from Ceridian

Hi Dimpy - Thank you so much for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that you find Powerpay easy to use that it meets your business' needs.

Joanne D.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Payroll made easy

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

This has allowed my department to run efficiently. Powerpay is like a payroll person in my pocket.

Pros

I love the ease of using this program. The screens are user friendly and everything is made as simple as possible. I would be lost without the calendar reminders for processing deadlines. These have made my life much less stressful.

Cons

The only thing I would change is the ability to have more than one pay period open at a time. I understand why this is not allowed but in the case of a small company with infrequent changes, it would be helpful to work ahead sometimes.

Response from Ceridian

Hi JoAnne - Thank you so much for your feedback! It's great to hear that you find Powerpay easy to use and that it takes some of the stress out of your life!

Lindsey N.
Industry: Accounting

PowerPay Review

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Overall, we enjoy PowerPay and it meets our needs of a payroll software! Would recommend it

Great customer service
Great year end webinars

Cons

To find simple employee information in their profile, a new pay period always has to be created which sometimes is not feasible if we don't want to set up a new pay period at that time
The payroll preview in Insync was better, in my opinon

Response from Ceridian

Hi Lindsey - Thank you for your feedback! We actually now have the functionality to access employee info without having to be in a pay period. We would be happy to walk you through that! Glad to hear that Powerpay is meeting your payroll needs!

Mary D.
Industry: Environmental Services

Saves Manual Payroll Manipulation

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

I really appreciate the ability to get help on all payroll-related questions from a real, live person!!

Pros

The ability to automate payroll processes and make any required changes easily. The response to current government programs including information and built in customization, such as the new T4 earnings reporting this year-end: earnings for each CERB pay period are automatically generated for each employee. I also appreciate the year-end training provided each year, which covers legislative changes and general "how tos".

Cons

I honestly don't feel there are any features lacking that I would look for or have needed.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Mary - We are glad to hear that Powerpay makes processing payroll easier for you! Thank you for providing your feedback.

France F.
Industry: Public Policy

Customer Service A+

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Excellent, highly recommend this product.

Pros

Ease of use makes payroll inputting fast and convenient. When I do run into a problem the Powerpay help desk is very helpful, knowledgeable and walks you through each step.

Cons

I sometimes run into difficulty navigating the system when inputting information. However the Powerpay helpdesk is always there to help.

Response from Ceridian

Hi France - Thank you so much for your feedback! We are glad to hear that you utilize our world class support team and that we can help make payday easier!

Stephanie A.
Industry: Automotive

Small Business Life Saver

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 15/1/2021

As a business owner, it was a new process for us to switch from subcontractors to employees. PowerPay took the fear of transitioning by ensuring that we were set-up for success, eradicating the guesswork of remittances and year-end reports. When you first join PowerPay, you are assigned a personal assistant to orientate you, which was a HUGE asset (since I am not one to sit and read through manuals). Once I learned the system, it has been straightforward for regular payroll. However, my FAVORITE part about PowerPay is their customer service. I can ask any question and I ALWAYS get friendly, patient assistance.

Pros

Setting up a regular pay run, printing reports, accessing self-service is all great. We also appreciate the online tutorial videos.

Cons

I am not highly knowledgeable in payroll codes (since I am a small business owner thrust into this by necessity!), so I need assistance when setting up special cases (ex. a pay advance, ROE, etc). But that is mainly an expertise issue on my behalf, not a software concern.

Juliana L.

powerpay use

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

is good if you get training from another user you can do it

Pros

the call support team is great and they know how to help you always

Cons

is not easy to use if you don't know from before

Response from Ceridian

Hi Juliana - Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear that you find our support team helpful!

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Wei G.
Industry: Wholesale

Good and easy use software

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 7/1/2021

Save my time on paying the remittance and YE tax forms.

Pros

Ease to use . You can set all your company's rate.

Cons

Add more report options.
Add total vacation amount on the each payroll report.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Wei - Thank you for your feedback!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Carson D.
Industry: Warehousing

Powerpay review after first year

Reviewed on 4/1/2021

It has replaced and improved our overall payroll process and some HRIS material. Customer service again has been great.

Pros

The customer ongoing support. There has been pros and cons with the product but the customer service has been exceptional throughout.

Cons

Its a little bit expensive, and the implementation was not as easy as i had expected.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Carson - Thank you for the feedback, we greatly appreciate it. We're happy to hear that our support team has been able to assist through any issues you may have had.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Denika R.
Industry: Music

PowerPay

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Pros

This product is very intuitive. The phone support is great, very friendly and willing to help solve your issues.

Cons

I wish there were more built in reporting type options.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Denika - Thank you for your review of Powerpay! We're glad that you enjoy using our solution and will continue to look at ways that we can improve features like reporting types. Thank you again!

Karen T.
Industry: Construction

Powerpay is Awesome!

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

overall experience is great, customer service is always very helpful

Pros

Easy to navigate system, very easy to use

Cons

Wish you could customize payroll reports

Response from Ceridian

Hi Karen - Thank you for your review of Powerpay! We're glad you find our solution easy to use and we will share your feedback around custom payroll reports with our product team. Thank you again!

Kim C.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Powerpay makes my job easier

Reviewed on 4/1/2021

It saves me much time as I am the only person doing the HR related jobs in a growing company

Pros

I like that it calculates all of the deductions for me, and populates the ROES, and T4s are easily generated

Cons

I would like to have the option of time and attendance tracking, which is a feature i am eagerly awaiting

Response from Ceridian

Hi Kim - Thank you for your feedback! We're also glad to hear that Powerpay makes your job easier!

Catherine B.
Industry: Machinery

Review of Ceridan Powerpay

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

I feel that I have had a very good experience.

Pros

The product is easy to use, it is fairly intuitive and the reporting meets our needs

Cons

I did not set up the payroll so there are some pay/ded items I would have changed

Response from Ceridian

Hi Catherine - Thank you very much for your feedback!

Kim M.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 11/12/2020

I have used Ceridian Insync prior to this, and found that for a smaller payroll, Powerpay is a much easier program to work with.

Pros

Payroll preview is quick to receive. Tutorials are informative.

Cons

Lack of user changes allowed to reporting setup, ie. adjusting the payroll register layout.
Inability to send a direct email within the payroll program.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Kim - Thank you very much for your feedback around Powerpay. We are glad to hear you find Powerpay easy to work with. We appreciate the items you'd like to see in future updates and will share those with our product team. Thank you again!

Andreea A.
Industry: Maritime

Overall great

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Pros

Easy to use, straightforward, enjoy the reminders and the flow of data throughout the program

Cons

Nothing comes to my mind that is major.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Andreea - Thank you for your feedback!

Salim R.

Reviewed on 12/1/2021

Pros

Yes, this product is easy to use and maintain records.

Cons

Should add more report options. Like monthly report employees wise.

Kara B.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

PowerPay Review

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 6/1/2021

Powerpay simplifies our payroll process with accounting as we are a smaller organization. It's very easy to use and as well our Ceridian Representative is also very helpful as well. Overall great service!

Pros

Easy to navigate to find what you are looking for.

Cons

There are no cons that come to mind about this software.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Kara - Thank you for the great feedback! We're so glad that you enjoy using Powerpay!

Sue P.

Easy to Access Payroll Information

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Easy access and clear information on paystubs as needed.

Pros

Easy to log in and view payroll information.

Cons

I think it's great and gives me access to whatever I need to know as a client.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Sue - Thank you for your feedback!!

Emmie R.
Industry: Telecommunications

woth the cost

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 12/12/2020

Pros

ease of use, input is quick and straighforward

Cons

availability of variety of reports is limited

Response from Ceridian

Hi Emmie - Thank you for your feedback!

Lois B.

Review of Webinar

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Again, my Office Manager sent me the information for the webinar, I accessed and watched it and was completely satidfied

Pros

I have only watched one webinar with this product and it was excellent. Easy to access, clear picture and sound. No glitches.

Cons

Nothing r/t this one webinar. I have no complaints.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Lois - Thank you for your feedback!

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Katie C.
Industry: Design

Ease of Use!

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Amazing for payroll. So easy to use and easy to teach someone else to use if needed!

Pros

The reporting process is awesome. Very easy to gain all the information needed on a monthly basis!

Cons

I find the directions could be a little more detailed. I found them hard to follow sometimes

Response from Ceridian

Hi Katie - Thank you so much for your feedback!

Karen C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

when I came on board with this company, no one can really teach me how to use the system. I was able to figure it out in some areas, and some I had to call in and get the direction. But all those experiences are effortless. That's how I came to love Powerpay

Pros

It is very easy to use. Training that I got from Powerpay was seamless, the associates are very knowledgeable

Cons

It is not easy to pull reports. If you find a report there's no filter. You have to extract the whole thing and filter it yourself that way

Response from Ceridian

Hi Karen - Thank you so much for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you find Powerpay easy to use. It is great that our support team was able to assist you through the learning process!