Powerpay

Cloud-based HR and payroll management software

4.6/5
4.5/5
4.5/5
4.8/5

242 Software options

Richard D.

Easy-to-use with top-notch customer service

Reviewed on 3/2/2021

It's easy to pay each period and to handle year-end.

Pros

It is really easy to set up and use.
The customer service is top-notch. Every time you log out, Ceridian asks how your service was. If you raise any issue, they give you a call. This is the level of customer service my company offers. I expect it of others, but rarely find it.

Cons

Downloading a journal file to Quickbooks should be included with all levels of service.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

Payweb's customer service was the worst customer service of any company -- not just payroll providers -- I have ever experienced. Once a customer service rep hung up on me. Then when I called back, she didn't answer. When I complained, I was told she had gone to lunch. The reps often didn't have correct information. The website is very clunky. Sometimes messages are indecipherable.

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

I had heard ADP's customer service wasn't very good. And after my experience with Payweb, I didn't want to take any chances. You have to get payroll right.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Richard - Thank you very much for your feedback, we're delighted to hear that you find our support team so helpful!

Robin W.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Ceridian *Thank goodness your Back!*

Reviewed on 18/2/2021

Overall experience, is amazing. Like I mentioned my boss decided to try ADP and the comparison is absolutely night and day. From the implementation to the after service. After 6 months I couldn't deal with all the issues with ADP so we decided to go back to Ceridian because of the simplicity, the peace of mind and the support we had in the past.

Pros

We had been with Ceridian for years and decided to change to ADP- What a mistake. Now we're back with Ceridian and Thank goodness! This software is simple and easy every step of the way. Firstly, the set-up of the software is effortless, your team lead walks you through the process and any issues they get it fixed in a very timely manner. Next, the on boarding simple! A one page form with all the necessary info to fill out. Next the rapid entry form for easy entry of commissions, bonuses, hours, stat hours- is a time saver. Plus everything is easy linked to the time sheets and the employee profiles! I seriously cannot complain amount this product. I cannot forget to mention the after service and support- A1. Anytime you call with an issue or problem, there is a payroll specialist that knows what to do to fix it! No waiting, no emails back and forth, just 1 call and everything is resolved. In the event that you do need to have a case created- 24 to 48 hours later everything is fixed and resolved.

Cons

I did not like the People tab option- I found it redundant and useless- I had it removed because it's just some much quicker in the regular (non-people) version. But besides that I'm super happy with the product.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Robin - Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. We're delighted to hear that you are back to using Powerpay and that you find it so easy to use! We're also so happy that you are satisfied with our customer support team!

Allison T.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great Easy to Use!

Reviewed on 1/3/2021

Great, love all Ceridian products!

Pros

It's easy to use and setup is a breeze. I have implemented Ceridian (PowerPay and Dayforce) at 3 different companies ranging in size (10- 300+ employees). The software is easy to use and get started quickly.

Cons

Frustrating that you can't access employee records without opening a pay period.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

Quickbooks has horrible customer support and you aren't able to preview/ test options. It's great if you don't know what you're doing, but as an experienced finance/payroll professional it was too limiting.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

I have implemented Ceridian before and the customer support and ease of use always out ranks its competitors.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Allison - Thank you so much for your feedback! We actually now have the functionality to access employee records outside of a pay period, we'd love to walk you through that!

Stacey C.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Very much enjoying PowerPay!

Reviewed on 28/6/2021

I feel with PowerPay that we are in more control of what is happening. When we used Insync, we sometimes weren't sure how things were going to be affected until we received the pay registers within 1-2 days after. With PowerPay, we are more confident in our entries that the information submitted will react how we intended! It is so easy to use and we are quicker than ever submitting payrolls! Being an online program, the timing for switching could not have been better on our side, with the effects of Covid-19. Payroll would have been so much more difficult during these unpredicted times had we not switched when we did! I had the ability to work on it while at home without difficulty, and the ability to submit ROE's electronically to Service Canada (at a time when we had more ROE's than ever!).

Pros

PowerPay is so easy to use. The entry areas are well laid out and easy to follow/understand what is happening. I am confident I could do a crash course with someone and they would be able to use the basic features for a pay run in the same day. Payroll preview, along with the digital registers are great features, and electronic submission of ROE's to Service Canada is pretty high on my list of favourite features!

Cons

Better tracking of pay history and performance reviews would be beneficial. There is no place to enter the reasoning for a pay chance or performance reviews, so this is something we had to start doing manually with internal spreadsheets. It would also be helpful if we could view employee contact information at all times.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Stacey - thank you so much for your detailed feedback. It's great to hear that your migration from Insync went well and that you find Powerpay to be an easier tool to use. Thank you also for your suggestions around pay history and reviews, we'll share that feedback with our product team.

Adele R.
  • Industry: Libraries

PowerPay makes payroll easy!

Reviewed on 7/12/2020

Amazing transition (very easy) from InSync Blue, an amazingly intuitive and easy to use product. And it is supported with the excellent customer service that I have grown to know and love from Ceridian.

Pros

PowerPay is an extremely intuitive and easy to use platform for those of whom payroll is not a full-time job. It takes care of most (if not all) of the legislative updates and guides you through on-boarding and off-boarding staff. Linked to Ceridian's DayForce, timesheets are automatically loaded and I rarely spend more than 30 minutes every second week doing payroll.

Cons

I can't name anything that I dislike about the software. Oh, it doesn't calculate anniversary dates - I can report on when folks were hired, but it doesn't say how many years they have been on board. I get that from DayForce, though.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Adele - Thank you so much for your review of Powerpay. We sincerely appreciate the positive words and your feedback around our anniversary date reporting! We are very happy to be of assistance to you when it comes to your payroll!

Thank you again and please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions!

Linda L.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

PowerPay - Payroll with peace of mind

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

The peace of mind and support of Ceridian Customer Service is the reason I choose Ceridian Canada again and again for all my payroll needs.

Pros

This is the 3rd company I have selected for use of Ceridian Canada to handle my payroll. The services they provide meet all my payroll needs with added peace of mind due to the Customer Service Support. The Ceridian Customer Service Team is professional, knowledgeable, relatively easy to reach, and has always been able to support me with a solution. Keep up the good work !

Cons

The platform is not very user friendly if you are a beginner as there are lots of services offered. However if you call Customer Support, they will train and guide your through. Also the price of this payroll services is on high side, but you get what you pay for. I've worked with ADP before (for USA payroll), but I chose Ceridian Canada for Canadian Payroll again and again.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

ADP quoted a higher price. However ADP Canada offers a cheaper and more flexible HR solution than PowerPay.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Linda - Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, we greatly appreciate it! We are happy to hear that you have been able to lean on the support team when you need to and that they can walk you through what you need.

Sheryl W.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Powerpay Use

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

It has always been an easy experience with powerpay and that that they are there to help if you need it.

Pros

We use Powerpay and have for a number of years. For a small seasonal company like ours, it is very easy for me to submit payroll from anywhere I have access to a computer. It also great to have ROE, t4's and year end completed so easily. Knowledgeable staff make it easy when your have a question or problem.

Cons

Being seasonal it would be easier if we could maintain somewhere the info for our workers who return every year. If we could recall them by their employee number, it would save a lot of extra work.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Sheryl - Thank you so much for your feedback! We are delighted to hear that Powerpay continues to serve you well! We will be sure to take your feedback about recalling employees back to our product team. We are always looking for ways to innovate and improve. Thank you again!

Michael P.
  • Industry: Furniture

Powerpay Review

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Pros

integrated ROE production
payroll preview

Cons

Reports not always easy access or set up

Response from Ceridian

Hi Michael - Thank you for your feedback! We greatly appreciate it!!

Mandy S.

Easy to use for management and staff

Reviewed on 7/2/2021

Pros

The ease of being able to move from one screen while entering payroll to the next is critical in being able to save time and be more efficient. If you attempt to leave one screen without remembering to save what you have entered, a message pops up alerting you, this leave little room for errors.

Cons

The only part of this software that is frustrating is that you can't enter new employee information without first starting a new run.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Mandy - Thank you so much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated! We now have the functionality available to enter new employee info without having to start a run. We will have your rep reach out with more details! Thank you!

Morag K.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Ceridian makes things easier

Reviewed on 23/2/2021

We've always been very happy, saves so much time and staffing. Especially love the people on the help lines.

Pros

The generation of ROEs saves so much time, it's a life saver. The ability to pull prior years reports is great.

Cons

Nothing really missing nor that we don't like.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Morag - Thank you for sharing your experience with Powerpay! We're glad that you enjoy using the solution and that our support team has been helpful!

Tammy L.

Payroll

Reviewed on 19/2/2021

Great.

Pros

Easy to navigate. Input is easy. Reports are super efficient.

Cons

Little education probably do not use it to its full potential.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

I had used Quic books payroll years ago and prefer having a third party manage deductions etc.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Tammy - Thank you for the feedback, we greatly appreciate it!

Laura Z.
  • Industry: Research

PowerPay

Reviewed on 21/6/2021

Easy roll out and excellent customer service.

Pros

Roll out of the software is straight forward. The setup team gave me the tools to enter and roll out the payroll seamlessly. No issues.

Cons

No issues or complaints. No suggestions.

ADP Workforce Now

Response from Ceridian

Hi Laura - thank you for your feedback, we're glad the roll out of Powerpay at your company went well.

Heather S.

Almost 5 Stars Across the Board

Reviewed on 6/4/2020

The best part of Ceridian for me is the customer service. Always friendly, always helpful. Takes a lot of stress off me.

Pros

I like the flexibility and high level of control.

Cons

Some process are cumbersome, not intuitive.

ADP TotalSource

Customer service
Dylan H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great Product Overall!

Reviewed on 5/1/2021

Powerpay is continuing to improve many payroll-related operations for us as we continue to grow!

Pros

Rapid entry is incredible in Powerpay, Self-Service makes things very easy and efficient (we used to manually send out paystubs & T4s), and the Excel journal entry has made our processes much better!

Cons

I wish I could copy cells in Excel and paste them directly into the rapid entry screen without having to sign up for a premium product. I also wish that the Department / Distribution setup went up to 4 digits instead of just 3 (0 - 999).

Response from Ceridian

Hi Dylan - Very interesting feedback around the dept setup and ability to copy/paste in rapid entry! We will share that with our product team. We're glad that Powerpay has helped to improve processes!

Shelina G.

Consultant's Review

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Fantastic, considering i had to experience on power pay.
I've been a 25+ year client of Ceridian. Have In sync, payflex HPL and DF experience.
The Power Pay team was awesome..

Most of all kudos to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for providing exceptional service and prompt responses to all my issues.

Today is actually my last day at Lorex. I start a Full time role next week with Circle of Care!

Pls send to my personal email [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

Power Pay is a robust engine for what it does. However client did not know what all there was available.
Advanced Reporting feature was just turned on. Client did not utilize this as they didn't know.
Set up clients GL as that was a manual.
Import feeds created to optimize entry and remove rapid entry.
automated some of the earnings code features.

Cons

Would like even more reporting capability. But the 24 advanced reporting turned on definitely gives the client more than what they were using.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Shelina - Thank you so much for your detailed feedback! We appreciate your loyalty over the last 25+ years, wow!

Lynn S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Payroll Service

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

I find the information updates on the home page are good. I have found that, when I need assistance with anything, the support by telephone is excellent. I have always had good experiences on the phone. I found that I needed that kind of support at the beginning when I was just getting used to the job.

Pros

I like the features of being able to do rapid entry or detailed entry depending on what I need to enter for payroll.
I like that the reports are easily accessible within a day of entering the payroll.

Cons

I find that sometimes the changes and upgrades take a little time to adjust to. They are not always intuitive.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Lynn - Thank you for your feedback! We're very happy to hear that our support team was able to assist you, especially at the beginning of getting used to the program.

Alex H.
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Very convenience and takes the headache out of payroll once it is set up.

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Positive. I would recommend having it for anyone who has employees. After the initial set up of new employees, it's very easy to pay them and everything is calculated for you. Further they are proactive in keeping with the legislation updates and inform you of them.

Pros

Makes dealing with payroll very convenience. We don't have to worry about remitting withholdings to CRA and preparing of yearend reports. Tech support is very helpful the few times that I called in.

Cons

It does take a bit of time to remember where to input the various earnings, contributions and deductions.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Alex - Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with the functionality and you find our support team helpful.

Jennifer F.
  • Industry: Design

Powerpay Review

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

This was a great addition to our business. Our company has doubled in size this year, and it allowed me to offer a direct deposit service for our employees, that was easy for all of us to adjust to. I love how helpful all the Powerpay Employees are. I know that whatever issue I might encounter, someone is always there to answer the phone and help me immediately. Love that I always get to speak to a live person!

Pros

The software is very user friendly. I like that I can enter net pay quickly and get in and out very easily.

Cons

I don't think there is anything I can pinpoint that I don't like.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Jennifer - Thank you so much for your feedback! We're so glad to hear that Powerpay makes your life easier and that our teams have been able to support!

Wendy M.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Excellent customer service!

Reviewed on 8/1/2021

Ceridian has been a lifesaver in meeting our payroll needs. Their customer support is outstanding. They are very friendly, knowledgable and supportive.

Pros

The product is easy to use, has helpful guides and videos and an excellent customer support team to provide assistance and answer all your questions.

Information is current (payroll and COVID/ government wage subsidy)

Cons

Year end information is difficult to understand.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Wendy - Thank you so much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated! We're delighted to hear that Powerpay meets your payroll needs!

Linda G.

Best Customer Service

Reviewed on 11/2/2021

Excellent.

Pros

I have had to call the Powerpay Customer Service line many times and have always received first class professional service. Each of the Powerpay representatives I have dealt with have been so helpful and I always end the call satisfied with the result.

Cons

I can think of nothing I do not like about the software.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Linda - Thank you for the feedback! We're glad that you have found our customer support team helpful!!

Bridget R.

Ceridian is essential

Reviewed on 23/2/2021

Takes so much off of my plate. Overall experience EXTREMELY positive

Pros

It is easy to use and I can call with any questions about payroll. It makes tasks such as ROE, Taxation, SPP & EI contributions a snap and I honestly cant imagine functioning without it.

Cons

Just that I don't use it enough to know all of the features at this time.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Bridget - Thank you so much for the great feedback! We greatly appreciate it and are so happy that we are able to provide a positive experience!

Judi C.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Easy and quick to use. Excellent support every time!

Reviewed on 5/1/2021

We are glad we switched to Powerpay. It's a bit pricy, but the support makes it worthwhile.

Pros

Online so can work from home. Can customize fields to track hours the way we need. Support is great and easily accessible.

Cons

Needed to work around only one type of sick time drawing from the accumulator, can't print out employee's transactions for the year without going into every pay period separately.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Judi - Thank you for the feedback around the sick time accumulator, our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. We are happy to hear you are glad you made the switch to Powerpay!

Carole M.
  • Industry: Furniture

Powerpay plus

Reviewed on 13/1/2021

Everytime I need help it is very quick and satisfying.

Pros

Very easy to use and very clear. Like very much the apperance and its use.

Cons

prices is fair. I have full confidence in DAS and remittance to government are done in time.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Carole - Thank you very much for your feedback!

Luc L.
  • Industry: Military

Great System

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

good, again, only monthly payroll with few employee change

Pros

simple to use, good on-line help, clear menu

Cons

I have monthly payroll, so when I need to make any adjustment I often first go to the help guide to make sure I go at the correct place

Response from Ceridian

Hi Luc - Thank you so much for your feedback!

Faye S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Exceptional Customer Service

Reviewed on 14/1/2021

Excellent:)

Pros

i like the ease I can toggle back and forth between payrolls. And also when I get stuck, I am always supported with Awesome Customer Service!

Cons

Sometimes when they update their site, I find it a bit of a hurdle to get used to where things are.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Faye - Thank you so much for your feedback!