Powerpay

Cloud-based HR and payroll management software

4.6/5
4.5/5
4.5/5
4.8/5

Very useful payroll software

Reviewed on 9/7/2021

Pros

We've been using powerpay for our company for several years and we're very happy with it.
Just recently deployed the self service portal to our employees and it was very easy.

Cons

It would be helpful to just be able to import hours from our timekeeping system via excel or CSV instead of having to re-enter it.

Response from Ceridian

Hello - Thank you for your feedback, especially around importing hours. We'd love to discuss that more with you.

Rene
  • Industry: Automotive

Conversion from INSYNC to Powerpay

Reviewed on 14/4/2021

The conversion from INSYNC to Powerpay was smooth and the system is easy to use. It is not very code driven compared to INSYNC.

Pros

The powerpay system departs from using codes all the time coming from INSYNC. The user interface is very friendly and easy to use.

Cons

Reporting is not as extensive and cannot be used as a replacement for a proper HRIS. Thus I use Dayforce for most basic reports and powerpay just for Payroll reports.

Dayforce HCM and ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing Powerpay

The time and attendance piece we use with INSYNC was retiring.

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

Price and easy transition since both are Ceridian products.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Rene - Thank you for the detailed feedback around your experience with INSYNC and Powerpay. Your feedback helps to fuel innovation and continue to improve on our product. Thank you for choosing Ceridian.

Milana
  • Used for 6-12 months

Power Pay Review

Reviewed on 11/2/2021

I used Powerpay 7 years ago and am using it now again, it is simple and I like many features (ROE adjustment, Deduction page) but some things should be improved (reporting mostly)

Pros

It is easy to use, straight forward, limited functionality... (Department set up, reporting)

Cons

Reports are very limited, even the custom reports addition is barely useful.
Customer service is great, they answer quickly and most are very helpful. However, more than once I asked the same question and got 2 different answers. Representative should have payroll certification to be able to help with code set up.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Milana - Thank you very much for the detailed feedback, especially around consistent responses and reporting. Your feedback helps us continue to innovate and improve!

Linda
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

PowerPay - Payroll with peace of mind

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

The peace of mind and support of Ceridian Customer Service is the reason I choose Ceridian Canada again and again for all my payroll needs.

Pros

This is the 3rd company I have selected for use of Ceridian Canada to handle my payroll. The services they provide meet all my payroll needs with added peace of mind due to the Customer Service Support. The Ceridian Customer Service Team is professional, knowledgeable, relatively easy to reach, and has always been able to support me with a solution. Keep up the good work !

Cons

The platform is not very user friendly if you are a beginner as there are lots of services offered. However if you call Customer Support, they will train and guide your through. Also the price of this payroll services is on high side, but you get what you pay for. I've worked with ADP before (for USA payroll), but I chose Ceridian Canada for Canadian Payroll again and again.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

ADP quoted a higher price. However ADP Canada offers a cheaper and more flexible HR solution than PowerPay.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Linda - Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, we greatly appreciate it! We are happy to hear that you have been able to lean on the support team when you need to and that they can walk you through what you need.

Suma
  • Industry: Government Relations

Super Powerpay

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Time saving is one of the best benefit also recording of the transaction is very easy.

Pros

I like all the features, from inputting the data to the final result, it is very easy and user friendly.

Cons

I don't want to say it as con, but every company comes with its unique payroll features , so it does take time to integrate, but finally powerpay is integrated with the company's system.

ADP TotalSource

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

ADP is mostly US based company, Powerpay made us to feel very local

Response from Ceridian

Hi Suma - Thank you so much for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! We are so happy that you find the system meets your needs and saves you time.

Carolyn
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Used for 1+ year

Customer service is everything

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

It's been an excellent experience.

Pros

The best part of Ceridian - other than the ease of use - is the customer service. Especially in the early days of using Ceridian, every time I had questions the customer service team was patient and very knowledgeable. In this day and age when good service is hard to find from even the largest company I appreciate knowing that any issue I have will be dealt with painlessly and quickly.

Cons

No cons. It works as needed. I've not had any issues with the software.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Carolyn - Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review! We can't tell you how happy we are to hear that you have had a great experience with Powerpay and our support team!

Jennifer

The Best Payroll Company

Reviewed on 24/6/2021

Pros

The system is user-friendly. It is easy and fast to use and insert information.

Cons

The information for each employee could be more accessible to HR. Sometimes I spent time finding the profile for each employee.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Jennifer - thank you very much for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you find Powerpay easy and fast to use.

Stacey
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Very much enjoying PowerPay!

Reviewed on 28/6/2021

I feel with PowerPay that we are in more control of what is happening. When we used Insync, we sometimes weren't sure how things were going to be affected until we received the pay registers within 1-2 days after. With PowerPay, we are more confident in our entries that the information submitted will react how we intended! It is so easy to use and we are quicker than ever submitting payrolls! Being an online program, the timing for switching could not have been better on our side, with the effects of Covid-19. Payroll would have been so much more difficult during these unpredicted times had we not switched when we did! I had the ability to work on it while at home without difficulty, and the ability to submit ROE's electronically to Service Canada (at a time when we had more ROE's than ever!).

Pros

PowerPay is so easy to use. The entry areas are well laid out and easy to follow/understand what is happening. I am confident I could do a crash course with someone and they would be able to use the basic features for a pay run in the same day. Payroll preview, along with the digital registers are great features, and electronic submission of ROE's to Service Canada is pretty high on my list of favourite features!

Cons

Better tracking of pay history and performance reviews would be beneficial. There is no place to enter the reasoning for a pay chance or performance reviews, so this is something we had to start doing manually with internal spreadsheets. It would also be helpful if we could view employee contact information at all times.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Stacey - thank you so much for your detailed feedback. It's great to hear that your migration from Insync went well and that you find Powerpay to be an easier tool to use. Thank you also for your suggestions around pay history and reviews, we'll share that feedback with our product team.

Kayla

Does its job

Reviewed on 23/6/2022

Pros

Powerpay was our first payroll system and makes the payroll process straightforward and easy.

Cons

The system takes some getting used to and is not the most intuitive. For a small organization like ourselves a system like Wagepoint might be easier to use and have the same features.

Humi

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

Well recognized and public company.
Theresa
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Powerpay all the way

Reviewed on 7/7/2022

Intuitive functionality. Straight forward from start to finish. From setting up employee, to issuing ROE's and payroll processing.

Pros

I really appreciate the rapid entry, it is quick easy and convenient. I also like payroll preview reports, they are easy to review before submissions.

Cons

I wish I could modify employee profiles outside of a pay period.

Tammy

Payroll

Reviewed on 19/2/2021

Great.

Pros

Easy to navigate. Input is easy. Reports are super efficient.

Cons

Little education probably do not use it to its full potential.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

I had used Quic books payroll years ago and prefer having a third party manage deductions etc.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Tammy - Thank you for the feedback, we greatly appreciate it!

Esther
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

I like it and it is generally easy to ise

Pros

Power pay is easy to use and customer service is very helpful.

Cons

A little bit confusing for me when producing Record of employment.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

I used Ceridian’s service before from another client.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Esther - Thank you for your feedback!

Parabhdeep
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great for Payroll Processing

Reviewed on 5/2/2021

Source deductions are remitted to Canada Revenue Agency for you and T4's are produced within the system. Easy to file ROEs within in the payroll section. Reduces payroll processing time.

Pros

Easy to use software, integrates easily with payroll processes easily, customer support is one of a kind. They will walk you through any payroll questions.

Cons

None. I will never change payroll software.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Parabhdeep - Thank you so much for the kind feedback! We're happy to hear that you find our software easy to use.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Powerpay Review

Reviewed on 13/7/2021

Pros

Powerpay is very easy to use as a payroll system. The information is inputted and the system does the rest! The reports are generated automatically and are available at any time. If ever there was support needed, questions were answered quickly and efficiently and problems were solved! Another benefit that is appreciated is the email reminders we receive a day before payroll is due for submission. If there happens to be a holiday interfering with regular schedules, we are made aware well in advance and therefore do not miss any critical deadlines. We have been using this company for our business since opening in 2010 and would recommend it to anyone looking for a solution for their payroll needs!

Cons

The software often provides updates regarding taxation changes or government incentives that may be useful to your organization. The updates received include reports for every province rather than just ones that pertain to our region. It can be time consuming sifting through the updates to find the ones that pertain to your company specifically.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Jennifer - thank you for your feedback, especially around the reporting elements when it comes to changes in taxation or regulations. We'd love to discuss further with you!

Nicole
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Great support and product

Reviewed on 26/1/2021

Overall this is a very good program. It is inexpensive and reliable. The support team is great. I am especially happy at this time of year (not having to do T4's). Did I mention that the support team is extremely helpful?

Pros

The support team is amazing. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. For the most part, once you get used to the program it is reasonably straight forward to use. It does ROE's and T4s which is fantastic! I like the ability to have the benefit deduction to come off only the first pay run and having the permanent values. I have been able to do some customizing to make the reporting better for my needs.

Cons

You can't do anything until you have a pay run open. I would really really like to be able to set up employees, and look at and edit (e.g. rates, benefits, direct deposit) without having to open a pay run. That is the biggest flaw of the program. The ROE portion is also problematic. When you do something wrong it just tells you it didn't generate the ROE but doesn't give you a reason why. Additional guidance and error reporting would be good.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Nicole - Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, we greatly appreciate it! We actually now have the functionality to be able to edit or adjust employee data without having to open a pay period. We would love to walk you through that!

Grae
  • Industry: Research

Ceridian Powerpay is Excellent for Small Business

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Payroll now takes less time and is much easier to do. Staff like that they can go online and pick up their own paystubs. I know that if I have any questions, Ceridian staff will help me and will give me pointers as to what to do should I experience the same issue another time. They are very service-oriented and in today's world, good service is a rare commodity. Ceridian also offers a number of webinars that have been extremely beneficial.

Pros

We switched from another payroll company a year ago and have been extremely happy with Powerpay. I have control over inputting the payroll information and there are several built-in checks to make sure that no mistakes have been made. When in doubt, I know that I can call Ceridian to find out what to do. Everyone I have spoken with has been very knowledgeable and helpful. The payroll reports are clear and easy to read and use. From beginning to end, Ceridian's Powerpay takes the stress out of payroll.

Cons

The onboarding process did have a few, very minor issues but we were able to resolve those very quickly and easily.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Grae - We appreciate the detailed feedback and are so happy to hear that Powerpay takes the stress out of your payroll processes! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Nicole
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

DG Ceridian Review

Reviewed on 8/6/2021

My overall experience has been quite remarkable. What made my experience so wonderful is the customer service team that are able to explain things in a clear concise manner. I also love that if they aren't able to assist with the task then they ensure that another representative follows up with me.

Pros

The software is user friendly. The ability to review the videos should you need a reminder on how to process say an ROE for Covid purposes is very useful. The functionality is seamless in the sense that the the process to review and submit payroll for salaried employees couldn't get any easier.

Cons

There aren't any aspects that I can say that I dislike about Ceridian. The only thing I would like to see if a vacation report so I would be able to pull a report on the employees current accumulated vacation days rather than manually going into each profile to verify what they have.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Nicole - thank you so much for your feedback! We're very happy to hear that our customer support team has been for you and made your experience a great one!

Lina
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Excellent product available in the market with an amazing customer service

Reviewed on 29/3/2021

It's easy to use software. Most of all, using this software comes with excellent customer services - always available to talk to someone with very little wait-time. Customer service agents are well educated and informed of current changes with payroll.

Pros

This software is user friendly and well mapped out hence easy to navigate the site. Any updates including the Government updates are available hence I can always make sure that I am dealing with the most up-to-date information. This software comes with an excellent customer service, available on the phone during the office hours. I have not yet had a 'hung' calls nor getting an agent who could not guide me.

Cons

There are very little to none negative opinions on this software. I have not had any negative experiences with this software as of now.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Lina - Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. We're pleased to hear that our customer support team has proven helpful for you.

Morag
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Ceridian makes things easier

Reviewed on 23/2/2021

We've always been very happy, saves so much time and staffing. Especially love the people on the help lines.

Pros

The generation of ROEs saves so much time, it's a life saver. The ability to pull prior years reports is great.

Cons

Nothing really missing nor that we don't like.

ADS Software

Customer servie

Response from Ceridian

Hi Morag - Thank you for sharing your experience with Powerpay! We're glad that you enjoy using the solution and that our support team has been helpful!

Janice

Great value for service

Reviewed on 3/2/2021

Having a team of professionals who can answer questions in a quick and professional manner has been so refreshing compared to our last provider

Pros

Setup process was smooth and assistance provided each step of the way.

Cons

I would like to see a holiday pay calculation feature.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Janice - Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Laurie
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Takes the Guesswork out of payroll

Reviewed on 28/1/2021

The time it takes to calculate the deductions and write each person's cheques is solved with this software. Since this task is done by volunteers who may or may not have any accounting/payroll skills, this software makes all those decisions for us. I don't have to keep Excel spreadsheets to keep track of our running costs.

Pros

I like that I don't have to keep up to date on the latest tables. Ceridian is always up to date on that. I like that I don't have to remit the deductions. Ceridian does that. Once the employee is set up, it is very easy to pay them or to edit if need be. I really like the direct deposit feature rather than cheques because our staff are seasonal students who seem to lose cheques more frequently.

Cons

There really isn't anything I can say negative. We don't use many of the features available such as employee portals or human resources management because of the nature of our staffing dynamics. I don't like that I can't run two different payrolls - one monthly for our salary, and one weekly for our counsellor staff - using only 1 payroll fee. I would have to pay the basic fee for each.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Laurie - Thank you so much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated!

melissa
  • Industry: Restaurants

great product with ease of use

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

overall very good experience both with the software and the customer support. we have been customers for the past 13 years and haven't felt the need to look elsewhere for similar services

Pros

for our employee base this product is easy to use, easy to navigate through
your customer support are approachable and understand the ins and outs of payroll and what the employers obligations are

Cons

the only issues I have encountered was with codes that Ceridian uses and coordinating that with our software system and their codes it not always seamless or as intuitive as it should be

Response from Ceridian

Hi Melissa - Thank you very much for your feedback! Your loyalty means the world to us and we're happy to hear we are still meeting your payroll needs. Thank you for sharing your issues around codes, we are always looking to find ways to streamline.

Mary
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Saves Manual Payroll Manipulation

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

I really appreciate the ability to get help on all payroll-related questions from a real, live person!!

Pros

The ability to automate payroll processes and make any required changes easily. The response to current government programs including information and built in customization, such as the new T4 earnings reporting this year-end: earnings for each CERB pay period are automatically generated for each employee. I also appreciate the year-end training provided each year, which covers legislative changes and general "how tos".

Cons

I honestly don't feel there are any features lacking that I would look for or have needed.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Mary - We are glad to hear that Powerpay makes processing payroll easier for you! Thank you for providing your feedback.

Laura

Powerpay creates Peace of Mind

Reviewed on 4/2/2021

Been using Powerpay for about 10 years. Always been satisfied with the easy to use interface, speed in reporting and helpful staff assistance. You are guaranteed to have safe and securely transmitted payroll each time.

Pros

Powerpay makes payroll processing quick and easy. Suitable for people with little to no payroll experience or legislation knowledge. Ceridian provides up to date legislation change notices so you are always in compliance.

Cons

New hire page is separate from direct deposit page. Should be integrated as they are always done at the same time.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Laura - Thank you very much for your feedback! We now have new functionality around New Hires and a wizard that helps to reduce admin time, we'd love to walk you through it!

Lynn
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Payroll Service

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

I find the information updates on the home page are good. I have found that, when I need assistance with anything, the support by telephone is excellent. I have always had good experiences on the phone. I found that I needed that kind of support at the beginning when I was just getting used to the job.

Pros

I like the features of being able to do rapid entry or detailed entry depending on what I need to enter for payroll.
I like that the reports are easily accessible within a day of entering the payroll.

Cons

I find that sometimes the changes and upgrades take a little time to adjust to. They are not always intuitive.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Lynn - Thank you for your feedback! We're very happy to hear that our support team was able to assist you, especially at the beginning of getting used to the program.