Powerpay

Cloud-based HR and payroll management software

4.7 /5 (208 reviews) Write a Review!

Sunny K.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Powerpay web

Reviewed on 20/1/2021

Love it, the people at the 1-800 number are always a pleasure to deal with. I love the critical follow up from the various departments such as the Trust department and the Department in charge of shipping out payroll packages. There has been times where we are in a bind and it feels like all hands are on deck to find a solution even if its 5PM on a Friday.

Pros

I love that its easy to use and if I am stuck I can call the 1-800 number and someone friendly and knowledgeable in North America is there to help. Unlike ADP where your call gets directed to Malaysia or some other place. Just ahead up, if you outsource to save costs we will be leaving... just saying...

Cons

I dont like that if a employee is terminated and you need to look them up later in another calendar year that there is no support for this or a way you can access this data. This is my biggest frustration with powerpay. I want powerpay to save my records data, not me.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Sunny - Thank you so much for your detailed feedback! We're delighted to hear that you've had great experiences with our customer support team, they are amazing!

Rene D.
  • Industry: Automotive

Conversion from INSYNC to Powerpay

Reviewed on 14/4/2021

The conversion from INSYNC to Powerpay was smooth and the system is easy to use. It is not very code driven compared to INSYNC.

Pros

The powerpay system departs from using codes all the time coming from INSYNC. The user interface is very friendly and easy to use.

Cons

Reporting is not as extensive and cannot be used as a replacement for a proper HRIS. Thus I use Dayforce for most basic reports and powerpay just for Payroll reports.

Denise T.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Happy long-time user

Reviewed on 19/2/2020

Pros

I have been using Ceridian software (powerpay) for many years now and I really like the ease of use with it. It is easy to set up new employees and it is easy to get payrolls processed. If I need to make any changes, I have no problems doing that either.
The reports are excellent (other than my comments below) and I particular like the year-end reports which are quite easy to read and have the information necessary.

Cons

The new version of Powerpay is a bit more cumbersome in terms of scrolling down to the bottom of the screen to get to the next page. It takes me longer to get through the pages. I also wish that there was better reporting - for instance I can't pull up a list of employees who have been terminated and I cannot pull up their Records of Employment without knowing exactly when they left and then finding the report in the Payroll reports section.

Mike S.

Powerpay review

Reviewed on 12/1/2021

Overall it is a very good product and allows us to process payroll smoothly. The customer service team are friendly, picks up your call quickly and are super helpful at answering your questions. I have also participated in some of their virtual trainings which increased my knowledge and the functionality of the product.

Pros

I have to say what I like most about the product is the people behind it. The customer service is amazing, especially as a new user, I needed alot of help processing payroll. Although I used the help menu, I usually found it quicker and easier to just give them a call. The calls are answered quickly and the reps are very knowledgeable.

Cons

If an employee is not set up on self service it is difficult to retrieve their pay stubs. A paystub report is generated for people without a self service account but I dont find the report includes all the stubs of those without their account active

Response from Ceridian

Hi Mike - Thank you for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that our support team has been able to assist you when needed. Thank you also for your comments around pay stub reporting for employees without self service, we will be sure to mention this to our product team. Thank you again!

Grae T.
  • Industry: Research

Ceridian Powerpay is Excellent for Small Business

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Payroll now takes less time and is much easier to do. Staff like that they can go online and pick up their own paystubs. I know that if I have any questions, Ceridian staff will help me and will give me pointers as to what to do should I experience the same issue another time. They are very service-oriented and in today's world, good service is a rare commodity. Ceridian also offers a number of webinars that have been extremely beneficial.

Pros

We switched from another payroll company a year ago and have been extremely happy with Powerpay. I have control over inputting the payroll information and there are several built-in checks to make sure that no mistakes have been made. When in doubt, I know that I can call Ceridian to find out what to do. Everyone I have spoken with has been very knowledgeable and helpful. The payroll reports are clear and easy to read and use. From beginning to end, Ceridian's Powerpay takes the stress out of payroll.

Cons

The onboarding process did have a few, very minor issues but we were able to resolve those very quickly and easily.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Grae - We appreciate the detailed feedback and are so happy to hear that Powerpay takes the stress out of your payroll processes! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Jennefer B.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Make your payroll Easier!

Reviewed on 5/3/2020

Powerpay is easy to use and makes the process less burdensome, especially when doing multiple payrolls.

Pros

Ceridian Power Pay is simple to use, takes the headache out of doing your payroll. Easy to follow, and fantastic support.

Cons

In anything, there is always room for improvement, but what I love about Ceridian is that they are always evolving, always looking for ways to make the product better and ways to make your job easier!

Suma M.
  • Industry: Government Relations

Super Powerpay

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Time saving is one of the best benefit also recording of the transaction is very easy.

Pros

I like all the features, from inputting the data to the final result, it is very easy and user friendly.

Cons

I don't want to say it as con, but every company comes with its unique payroll features , so it does take time to integrate, but finally powerpay is integrated with the company's system.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Suma - Thank you so much for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! We are so happy that you find the system meets your needs and saves you time.

Richard M.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Ceridian Powerpay

Reviewed on 8/2/2021

I am very satisfied with Powerpay. Good value for the cost of the program and easy to use.

Pros

Performing weekly and bi-weekly payrolls with Ceridian Powerpay are very easy and efficient to process. Convenient features of the program include the ability to set up multiple bank accounts for each employee to be able to split their pay into different accounts, the self service features for staff to view and print their paystubs online through their own personal login and to easily set up permanent and temporary deductions like group benefits deductions or one time additional federal tax deductions.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to separately search and print an employees paystub - current period or prior period without having to print all employees.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Richard - Thank you very much for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you find Powerpay easy to use and efficient!

Melissa B.
  • Industry: Restaurants

great product with ease of use

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

overall very good experience both with the software and the customer support. we have been customers for the past 13 years and haven't felt the need to look elsewhere for similar services

Pros

for our employee base this product is easy to use, easy to navigate through
your customer support are approachable and understand the ins and outs of payroll and what the employers obligations are

Cons

the only issues I have encountered was with codes that Ceridian uses and coordinating that with our software system and their codes it not always seamless or as intuitive as it should be

Response from Ceridian

Hi Melissa - Thank you very much for your feedback! Your loyalty means the world to us and we're happy to hear we are still meeting your payroll needs. Thank you for sharing your issues around codes, we are always looking to find ways to streamline.

Dale G.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Covid 19 Subsidies were confusing...Ceridian to the rescue

Reviewed on 30/4/2020

We applied for the cews subsidy, and didnt know how we could call employees back, while helping payback some losses for some employees. There were 4 different situations, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], your representative in Nova Scotia 'Owned our experience". She took it one step at a time, making sure myself and the administrator fully understood what we were doing and why. They went through all steps, and made it exceptionally easy...all while being professional, polite, and friendly. These are the people you want on your team. Very well done.

Pros

We were impressed by the many things the software could do, with vacation pay calculators that we did not know we could automate, to setting up three different types of employees easily

Cons

I dont think so. The staff made all the difference, and the software did what worked for us.

Yvette P.

Very Satisfied

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

My overall experience have been positive, whenever I have a question or problem, the Powerpay team has always been easy to deal with and have the answer I was looking for. I also really loved the webinar, very useful info that sometimes as the year go by we forget.

Pros

I like that it is very user friendly, everything is laid out nicely

Cons

there isn't to mush that I dislike. only issues I have had were a few times when I didn't log out correctly I wasn't able to log back in for about 20 min, it kept saying that someone else was logged in.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Yvette - Thank you for your review of Powerpay! It's great to hear that you find Powerpay useful and take advantage of our webinars! We appreciate your feedback.

Avash G.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Ease to Use

Reviewed on 16/2/2021

Pros

The payroll calculation and the payroll taxes are all taken care of. the only thing you need to do is create employee data base and the rate of pay. If you have problem creating that then just called the customer service and they will guide you.
Once set up - the only work is submitting the hours and the rest is taken care of.

Cons

I would say - you cannot customized you reports to specific employees. But that is less of worry to me

Response from Ceridian

Hi Avash - Thank you very much for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated! We're glad to hear you find Powerpay easy to use!

Jennifer M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Powerpay Review

Reviewed on 13/12/2020

Overall, I find Powerpay to be sufficient for our company needs regarding Payroll. I have not had any major issues since using it.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use, the reliability to deliver the required payroll services and the accuracy of the reports

Cons

Sometimes, I find the menu hard to navigate to find the areas I need when making changes to employee data. I also find the issuing of ROEs not straightforward.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Jennifer - Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear you find Powerpay easy to use!

Debbie S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Definitely recommend Powerpay

Reviewed on 8/2/2021

We were doing payroll manually and submitting remittances manually. Powerpay greatly shortened my time spent on payroll preparation, and ensured our remittances are filed on time, every time.

Pros

Powerpay is very easy to use. Support is great! A simple phone call has solved every issue I've had very quickly and respectfully. They talk you through everything as needed.

Cons

No cons at all. I've only had positive experiences using the software and with the support staff.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Debbie - Thank you for your feedback and we're glad that Powerpay has helped to save you time!

Jennifer M.
  • Industry: Accounting

Review of Powerpay

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

It makes payroll easier to process, tax updates are applied in a timely manner and employees get the pay directly into their bank account.

Pros

I like that changes and important information appears on the home page.

Cons

I haven't come across anything I don't like

Response from Ceridian

Hi Jennifer - Thank you for providing your feedback!

Rob M.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Powerpay - a good choice for Payroll

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

This is a very economical, time-saving solution to payroll for our small non-profit organization

Pros

Being able to add employees, the reports, and mostly the service team - always available and very professional.

Cons

Some options are not user friendly, but with the support team it is easily overcome.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Rob - Thank you for your feedback around Powerpay! We are glad you see value in the tool and have been able to lean on our support team.

Ramandeep K.

Easy to Use and very user friendly

Reviewed on 3/2/2021

Pros

New hire setup and terminations is so quick and the customer service is the best. There are no wait times for hours.

Cons

Reporting function can be improved to get more Microsoft excel supported reports.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Ramandeep - Thank you very much for your feedback! We're glad to hear that you find Powerpay easy to use and user friendly!

Ellen M.
  • Industry: Food Production

J.C. Foods Ltd

Reviewed on 18/1/2021

My overall experience is great!

Pros

This software/product is very user friendly, the technical support, customer service is also at it's par excellence.

Cons

None , I have no problem at all. The software makes my work/job easy.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Ellen - Thank you for your feedback!

Nick P.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Nicks Powerpay Review

Reviewed on 13/4/2021

Overall a good experience, no major complaints and continue to use this product.

Pros

Fairly easy to use, great customer support, and accessible from anywhere.

Cons

Needs more reporting features, like to be able to run specific paycodes for specific periods of time.

Melissa L.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Product

Reviewed on 23/2/2021

Pros

Inputting new employees is very easy, inputting time on the rapid entry sheet is great especially since the last major overall of the website.

Cons

You have to have a payroll run open to access certain employee information.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Melissa - Thank you very much for your feedback! We actually now have functionality available for you to be able to access employee info without being in an active pay period. We'd love to walk you through that!

Danny C.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Powerpay Review

Reviewed on 18/1/2021

Pros

Long time user...very easy to use and has all the information you need.
Customer Service is great too!

Cons

Nothing. Everything works great and nothing more needed.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Danny - Thank you for your feedback!

Marina M.
  • Industry: Sports

Happy with Ceridian

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Pros

Ease of use, the reporting options and service when required.

Cons

There isn’t anything that I can comment on.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Marina - Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear you are happy with Powerpay!

Linda G.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

powerpay reveiw

Reviewed on 6/1/2021

good

Pros

The service is dependable with extended hours for assistance.

Cons

I do not like when the format is changed/updated. I like a consistent layout.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Linda - Thank you for your feedback!

Krista T.
  • Industry: Furniture

Powerpay User

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Pros

Ability to have my cheques on line
Ability to change my personal info
On line T4

Cons

Powerpay and Dayforce are not integrated into e service
Need two sets of log ins

Response from Ceridian

Hi Krista - Thank you very much for your feedback!

Irina S.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

small buisness payroll

Reviewed on 15/1/2021

Pros

it's easy to use for small business payroll

Cons

That the service is not complete and missing full service for year-end payroll

Response from Ceridian

Hi Irina - Thank you for your feedback!