4.4
4.6
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Excellent Antivirus software

Reviewed on 22/9/2020

My overall experience has been positive, I have no issues with this product and I use it for all of my customer which is almost 100 at this time.

Pros

Simple interface, easy to use, no update necessary, streaming definition, easy to install, and takes seconds to deploy

Cons

I wish the firewall was more advance and has more customization, I believe they need to work on this.

Response from Webroot Software

Thank you for the honest feedback!

Industry: Warehousing

Solid Anti Virus

Reviewed on 17/6/2019

Pros

The installation package is very small, installs very quickly, and is easy to keep up to date. They just recently rolled out a new management console which is a welcome upgrade to the previous interface. I also like the ability to group my endpoints by location and apply different antivirus policies as needed without touching the actual machine or even remote desktop.

Cons

If you deactivate an endpoint it does not remove it from your account, it goes into a "deactivated endpoints" group, which can be confusing if you are new to Webroot.

Jing Z.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: Self Employed

I think the Webroot is a good deal!

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

I personally like it. It makes me feel more comfortable and relax when I shop around online.

Pros

1. It's pretty affordable! I usually buy it from Amazon each year. Each package can serve 3 computers.
2. It's very easy to install or renew. It takes you only less than 5 minutes to get it done.
3. You can schedule your scanning time for each day.
4. It offers identity protection.

Cons

The Webroot cannot detect all viruses, so you can still run the risk of being infected sometime.

Response from Webroot Software

Hey there Jing,

Thank you so much for the glowing review of Webroot! I'm glad to hear you've found it easy to protect multiple computers with our SecureAnywhere solution. Please note that if you ever have difficulties, you can contact our support team here: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact

Cheers!
-Webroot Community Team

Nyeisa B.

Why i choose Webroot over other antiviruses

Reviewed on 16/5/2018

Webroot is a all around simple antivirus that keeps all your devices safe from harmful files and viruses. You can cover up to 5 devices under one membership

Pros

Webroot is fairly priced in my opinion and not only that but you are allowed to have up to 5 devices per each membership. So you could cover your cell phone, labtop, desktop PC and whatever devices under the same membership. It runs smooth and it hardly ever slows up your PC or device while it is running, sometimes it will a little bit when you are scanning with it, but not slow enough to complain about unlike other antiviruses.

Cons

There are certain options it has that I have been trying to figure out and has been time consuming for example It took me forever to figure out and set up the password manager it offers, but it is something I really needed in my life. It has system optimize and system analyzer with it but it should have more options such as defrag or uninstall apps etc etc.

Chris M.

The best malware protection that doesn't annoy you to death

Reviewed on 25/5/2018

Pros

I absolutely love Webroot. It doesn't slow down any of our computers, it does protect you, but it doesn't annoy you to death with prompts. One of the big issues I've had with antivirus software in the past is that it would constantly block something that was safe for me to do. I have NEVER had Webroot do that.

Cons

I mean, could they branch out and start making other software products outside of security? Their software has worked so well, I don't have any complaints.

Andrea B.

Good Virus Protection Software

Reviewed on 7/3/2018

Pros

I like that this software was easy to install. It schedules your scans and runs in the background. You don't have any nagging popups telling you to run scans.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like about this software is that sometimes when it blocks something that is trying to download on your computer, it asks you if you want to allow it or block it. I click block it and the window will still pop up a couple of times.

Industry: Information Services

Solid anti-virus platform

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

We use webroot as an MSP.

Pros

This is an updated review.
Previous i was very happy with Webroot, as it had very good detection rate, was very fast, reliable and easy to use.

Cons

What has changed:
1. no 2FA.
2. they removed the command line function which was very useful, and i can see why they did it, but never the less, it is gone.
3. Other functionality is also suffering.

Industry: Financial Services

Robust and Lightweight

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

Webroot was used to provide protection to approximately 200-300 end users. It was easy to install and very lightweight when running full scans. We would rarely have to interact with the software on the end user's side since it was managed through the web console. Very easy to setup and deploy which saved countless hours compared to other AV solutions.

Pros

The maintenance of end users in a corporate setting was a breeze. The management site made it easy to add and remove licenses should a PC need to be re-imaged for any reason.

Cons

Occasionally it would remember devices that were recently removed and would take a couple hours to re-register correctly. Other than that, I found no issues.

Maaya Y.
Industry: Import & Export

My go to protection

Reviewed on 9/3/2019

Pros

For the value of the program, webroot is my favorite! Unlike other security programs it's very easy to read and understand. It offers many features such as firewall, password security, web shield and more.

Cons

I did not have any bad experience with this program!

Troy C.

Webroot - The next generation of Antivirus

Reviewed on 6/6/2018

Pros

I love this product! It's quick to install, small size, and I never even notice it scanning, unlike other programs that bog my system down to an unusable state! It's protection against ransomware has been tested on client's computers, and catches it every time, due to the way it finds malicious threats.

Cons

Price can get a little steep if you have a lot of machines in one location you are protecting. However it's honestly completely worth it.

David H.
Industry: Education Management

My experience with Webroot is very straight forward and pleasant.

Reviewed on 17/1/2018

The benefits I received from the software is a sense of appreciation knowing that our user and server environment is being protected.

Pros

I like the ease of deployment and managing devices in the cloud. I also like the emails that are sent out informing me about new viruses and how to remove or protect myself from them.

Industry: Law Practice

A great product that does its job

Reviewed on 9/1/2018

Pros

I like that the interface is simple, and the software does its job in the background without interfering with regular operations.

Cons

Sometimes, a custom scan can take longer and slow regular operations down. This said, these are seldom needed, since the auto-scans operate during off-hours.

Becky M.
Industry: Veterinary

Webroot

Reviewed on 4/12/2020

They do have a great support staff for questions.

Pros

We have used this to protect our computer systems for many years. Great product.

Cons

Auto renew has been an issue before, but I think overall no issues.

Response from Webroot Software

Glad you're having a good experience using Webroot! Stay safe out there!

Micha B.

Overall great value for the price

Reviewed on 15/8/2017

Pros

This software is easy to install, the price is right, and it's not as intrusive for the end-user as so many similar products tend to be. We have used this on many of our laptops that are used in the field.

Cons

I do wish this would update a little more frequently and that the license term was longer. However, the only subscriptions we have purchased were at Best Buy so as for the license term, there could be a better deal available directly.

Industry: Law Practice

Free for me and an excellent virus and malware protection.

Reviewed on 20/7/2018

Another great anti-virus product.

Pros

This software has stopped several viruses from infecting my computer. It appears to get regular and seamless updates.

Cons

It might slow the computer down a bit by utilizing resources. However, today's computers should be able to handle this.

Cayce C.
Industry: Accounting

Versatile software

Reviewed on 16/4/2020

Pros

I feel this software protects me without being intrusive

Cons

Nothing, software is effective and runs in the background

Response from Webroot Software

I'm glad to hear you're having a good Webroot experience! Thanks so much for writing a review!

Brendan B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Webroot has made the life of an MSP that much easier

Reviewed on 7/9/2017

As an MSP, we have a happier customer base who no longer log tickets about slow pachines and constant malware issues.

Pros

Webroot is a small, efficient client with a cloud back-end enabling quick and reliable detection and elimination of malware and other threats.

Cons

There isnt much on this list. The only frustration I have had is it can be slow to update the client when changes are made from the GSM console.

Industry: Religious Institutions

Solid protection. Low demand of resources. Easy administration.

Reviewed on 10/1/2018

Fast. Invisible. Secure.

Pros

Virus software that just works. It's easy to administer and doesn't slow the computer down - low demands on resources. Also, the price is great.

Deidre M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Peace of mind

Reviewed on 19/2/2019

Pros

Helps protect your devices. Love that it can be used for multiple devices.

Cons

The cost at first but you get a lot with it.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Antivirus for MSPs

Reviewed on 5/4/2019

Pros

We have used this software on close to 1000 endpoints and it has been great. Does not take a lot of resources to run and has had no false positives as of yet.

Cons

The support for Mac is still a bit sketchy right now in my opinion.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Webroot SecureAnywhere

Reviewed on 18/9/2018

Once installed, you basically don't notice it's running. Have had zero problems since installing it.

Pros

Seamless integration with Chrome, has worked flawlessly so far. Very non-intrusive.

Cons

Check marks on Google search results are a minor visual annoyance due to their unstylish design. Doesn't seem to work in incognito mode.

Demarco P.
Industry: Financial Services

Webroot - Fast Consistent Virus Protection

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It allowed for quick PC diagnostics prior to the expiration date on the software.

Pros

The software conducts regular scans on your PC to ensure everything is in working order. This is extended past viruses to include spyware and malicious software and Ad's. For those who need an automatic scan done occasionally, this software is recommended.

Cons

After the purchase period, the software needs to uninstalled or renewed. However, the software cannot be uninstalled from your PC if needed. If this happens to be the case, keep it disabled while your new scanning software is active.

Response from Webroot Software

Hey there,

Thanks for your review of our Endpoint Protection product! I would love some more specific feedback regarding what was mentioned in the "cons" section. I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding what your concern here is. Did you have trouble renewing or uninstalling? Happy to help in any way I can! Would you mind sending an e-mail to [email protected] with some more specifics?

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Shawn B.

The Default AntiVirus we use for ALL our clients

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 14/5/2018

Pros

Its one of the fastest AntiVirus Scanners out there; we liked it so much that we shifted all of our clients from another AV to this one in under 3 months.
The Single pane of glass for multi-tenant management is great.
Integration with RMM and PSA is also excellent.

Cons

Feel the cost is slightly higher compared to the other vendors, but its definitely a better product, so you end up getting what you paid for.
The Billing piece can use some better reporting.

Raymon S.
Industry: Accounting

Webroot is a very reliable antivirus that easy to install and manage.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 25/7/2018

Pros

What I like the most about Webroot is it's light footprint and how it uses hardly any resources. You won't even notice when it scans. I also like that it doesn't use definitions in a classical sense, and rather it is cloud-based.

Cons

Webroot has had a reputation over the last year or so to create so big headaches with false positives, and negative interactions with certain programs. But overall I believe they are working hard to prevent further issues.

Ivan H.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great with Atera

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

This provides a no look solution to the security endpoints.

Pros

I use this to secure all devices across the company platform without having to actually go to each location.

Cons

This is great but on the end-user there is no ability to see the status or the system itself while it is running.

Response from Webroot Software

Thank you for writing this review! I'm glad to hear that you're finding our control console to be useful for managing multiple endpoints across the company! Look forward to a UI update we have coming to the console in the near future - everything is about to become a lot prettier and more user-friendly!

-Webroot community team