LearnWorlds

The best lightweight LMS that’s fast, flexible & easy to use

4.4/5
4.5/5
4.4/5
4.7/5

Alejandro
Alejandro
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Thus far, the best course platform

Reviewed on 12/1/2022

Pros

I love the product is created from an authoring view instead of a marketing one. You have all the tools you need to create a learning environment and powerful tools to enhance your videos directly.

Cons

There is an option to change the language, but it's not really that great. As a spanish native and implementor of learning programs for third parties it would be really useful to make a native spanish conversion for the UX:

Teachable, Podia, Kajabi and Thinkific

Lucky

Learnworlds LMS platform. Worth it or not?

Reviewed on 30/4/2022

AWOKO.ng is an edtech start-up giving students access to quality materials that they'll need to prepare for their exams and used to study in their academics.
Thus far, we have been able to do all these using the Learnworlds platform and are gaining serious traction in our country. It's been an experience.

Pros

The sitebuilder is great. It helps in creating easily navigable pages. The course creation process is simple and direct unlike other platform I've used. If anything, their support remains the best I've seen in a while.

Cons

The pricing for the learning center plan which most people would prefer is a bit too expensive especially for some of us in third world countries.

LearnDash

Reasons for Choosing LearnWorlds

Thinkific was a good product but at the time I left had issues with some of the features I wanted. I was surfing the internet one day trying to see if any other options had the features I needed. None came close to Learnworlds so I made the switch starting afresh from learnworlds.

Reasons for Switching to LearnWorlds

I didn't like having too many moving parts. I didn't want to be responsible for the technical stuffs backend. I needed to focus on scaling my business and let other things be taking care of by the pros
Jeff

No Student Authentication

Reviewed on 22/7/2020

I have spend 2 years developing the drivers ed program that still needs to be approved by the state of Nevada. But lack of student authentication leaves me no choice but to find another platform elsewhere. Stubborn developers dont think its important !

Pros

Pretty easy to use. The customer service answers questions within 24 hours generally.

Cons

No student authentication. No challenge questions for students taking quizzes and exams. No way to authenticate who is actually doing the coursework.
Its more for a hobby or crafts school. Not serious accredited curriculum you may be offering.

Dr. Jeanne M. Hines

Special Education Training Center for LearnWorlds

Reviewed on 22/12/2023

Special Education Training Center has had an excellent experience so far with Learn World.

Pros

What Special Education Training likes most about Learn World is the ease of use, data analysis, constant training events, interactive videos, ability to use my domain, and integration with other apps, LW improved the learning management system at the onset of the pandemic to meet customer needs, new way to communicate through emails, and the Learn Worlds Help Center is an awesome resource!!!

Cons

Not able to develop professional partnerships with Learn Worlds and some of their clients.

Mona

review of LearnWorlds by Mahjong Party

Reviewed on 29/4/2022

They respond with a lot of info and links anytime I have a question or don't know how to do anything. Customer service is prompt. Its a beautiful robust platform and looks so amazing. As well, I struggled at times with other platforms to get everything the way I like for my UI/UX and LearnWorlds met or exceeded all my expectations in that regard

Pros

It integrates the most features into what I want while giving me a ton of freedom to create the course how I want, to make my course look awesome, to integrate tons of media types

Cons

The price is high compared to other software for businesses / course creators just starting out but it offers a bit more than they do. The price is good and offers a lot for those able to pay a higher price.

iSpring Suite

Reasons for Choosing LearnWorlds

I could not load up all of my media types I wanted to, I found the LearnWorlds UI/UX just really superior, I heard stories about how some other platforms will pursue your customer base

Reasons for Switching to LearnWorlds

iSpring came the closest to LearnWorlds and they have a great course authoring product but LearnWorlds offered unlimited courses / users / instructors - that is pretty well unbeatable whereas other similar platforms will charge after a certain amount of users or you are limited to how many users you can have in a year or your user has to purchase your product for a year instead of a shorter period of time... or you have to expel them from the product if they haven't used it for a while... its a lot to consider, I want my users to have lifetime access so LearnWorlds was the best
Kerryn
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

A great product for a remote workforce.

Reviewed on 19/4/2022

I think the overall experience we have had with LearnWorlds has been very positive, and there are many features we have yet to explore and use to its full potential.

Pros

As a company that has a large remote workforce, we needed the flexibility to move to an online learning platform. We have a lot of resources that, prior to 2020, would be delivered in a face to face classroom or on site. Now, we can offer resources, more widely, not only to equip our workforce, but to be used by others. Support is great, and when we have questioned a particular feature that hasn't been available, they have often sent our query to product development and it soon pops up.

Cons

We do use this platform as our main website. As it is primarily designed to be an online learning platform, it can sometimes be a little clunky in places. Having said this, benefits far outweigh the inconveniences and most 'drag and drop' style of website building platforms don't have the complete flexibility of bespoke sites either. I would, as the overall administrator, love to be able to 'lock' the theme so other users can't pick other colours and styles for various things such as backgrounds and buttons.

Kajabi

Reasons for Switching to LearnWorlds

We chose Learnworlds as it was better value for money - enabled more courses and options.
Alicia

Perfect Solution for our Online School

Reviewed on 24/2/2021

The data we can pull from our courses is above and beyond. Learnworlds has given us everything we need to create innovative, engaging online courses that people LOVE taking. The interface is user-friendly and integrates with several other programs like Zapier and Mailchimp. They have constantly improved the platform and have gone the extra mile to help make our school successful with professional development offerings. We couldn't be more happy with our LMS selection!

Pros

I love so many things about this software. I think first and foremost the best part is the team behind it. From every aspect of using this software they have been helpful and forward thinking. Everything they have promised, they have delivered. They are extremely helpful and responsive throughout the entire process. I researched over 100 LMS options when I began our school and I have never once regretted choosing Learnworlds.

Cons

I wish there were more prebuilt templates in the ebooks. I also wish the built in assessment tool offered more question formats. They have recently added multiple selection answers which is great! I am also looking forward to more updates in the extra sections for users involving social interaction and communication in addition to what they already offer. For example, I'd like to be able to easily email users in a course directly from the LMS.

Google Classroom, LearnDash and Schoology

Reasons for Switching to LearnWorlds

The ability to import SCORM files, price and user support.

Response from LearnWorlds

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this insightful review, Alicia! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, continuously adding new features, and we are happy to hear we hit the mark for you! We are constantly working on new features or advancing the existing ones, so stay tuned.

Jacqueline

My Review of Learnworlds (Pro Trainer)

Reviewed on 24/2/2022

I have had a very good experience with Learnworlds overall - special praise goes to the support team who have been a great help.

Pros

I like the way my online school looks to prospective clients.
I like the number of features that I can add to engage my learners

Cons

It is not always intuitive but the Learnworlds support team have been excellent when I have reached out to them.

I was expecting to be able to have different versions of my school (this was highlighted in the sales materials) but I have found out this is only available in the most expensive option.

It's not always easy to navigate to get to where I want to go from where I start - but I usually get there in the end.

Teachable and Thinkific

Reasons for Switching to LearnWorlds

I liked the design that Learnworlds allowed - my school would look more attractive to prospective students and the courses would be more engaging using the various features and integrations.
Albert
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Awesome LMS and course authoring platform

Reviewed on 18/12/2023

Awesome experience. Our customers were extremely happy moving from our previous platform to the current one.

Pros

The support team, weekly webinars, user guides, integrations, API, templates, custom code, and help videos are awesome!

Cons

At the time of purchase, the account manager and marketing team advertised that after login pages were password protected. Their technology and development team clarified that only one page was password protected, and all other pages could be accessed without login. I had to use a workaround to address this.

David

ALl the tools we needed to create a booming business.

Reviewed on 24/1/2024

I met with the [sensitive content hidden] last night who regularly gives me kudos for 1) picking LearnWorlds 2) designing such a fabulous external website and 3) creating such easy to use and professional looking content. So, while I have felt very productive and effective I think she loves LearnWorlds the most because it has made our small company look like we are big-time players!

Pros

The most notable feature of LearnWorlds has been the quick and effective customer support. Not being an experienced web or LMS designer I have been able to create an external website, payment portal, and online courses which offer graduate credit. The tools are relatively simple to use (of course there is a learning curve with any new tech product) and very effective. The support articles and videos are comprehensive and invaluable. On the occasion when I do get stuck a quick email elicits and effective response quickly. So, while I love the tech, the personal support is what make me feel like I am not alone.

Cons

As I noted there is a learning curve to get started. But, they have templates (and even AI) to help with almost everything.

Kelly

Excellent Platform, very happy!

Reviewed on 3/3/2021

Overall, I love this company! We are very happy with the platform!

Overall, I love this company! We are very happy with the platform!

Pros

We did extensive research and trials on at least 10 different LMS programs prior to deciding on Learnworlds. We ultimately went with Learnworlds because of the simplicity of the program, without compromising the quality of courses that are delivered. We love the interactive feature on the videos, and the course pages are very professional and modern. They also host free workshops frequently to provide support to their users, which has been very helpful. Overall we are very happy!

Cons

This seems to be a quickly growing company, with new features and improvements every week, which is wonderful, but there is always a fine line between keeping it simple and not making it so complicated that it becomes overwhelming (the new site design editor is excellent, but definitely a learning curve compared to the original editor. On the old designer allowed almost anyone on our team to get on and create a course and course overview page within minutes, the new editor means more time and training on our part to get our instructors to use it). Luckily, they still allow use of the old editor, so all good. I hope they continue to prioritize simplicity as they continue to add more features.

Also, the grading of tests and recording of students answers -- we have to use our own forms in order to record each students answers when taking a test. Being an online course platform, tests and quizzes are critical.

Response from LearnWorlds

Thank you so much for this 5 star review Kelly! Thanks for the useful feedback which we have shared with our team. We are always taking into consideration our customers' feedback and, wherever possible, implement it in our frequent updates. Our Customer Success Team is here for you anytime.

Abdallah
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

A one-stop shop with all the tools you need to create a customized training platform.

Reviewed on 12/3/2023

With LearnWorlds, we were able to create a special website to ensure that all employees can access training courses and educational materials easily, which had a positive impact on increasing interaction and participation.

Pros

LearnWorlds is straightforward and easy to use, and you can get started with its great tools in no time. It is good that with LearnWorlds we get our own website to publish training courses, and it is good that all settings do not require any programming experience, as we can simply choose one of the ready-made templates and make the appropriate modifications that match our needs. I appreciate that the LearnWorlds support team is available at all times and constantly provides us with feedback and assistance that ensures we reach the required results. It is wonderful that the preparation of training courses and educational brochures is also done smoothly, and it is noteworthy that the process of publishing on the site is done easily. I also appreciate that LearnWorlds supports all languages, which always helps us expand our training programs to include all segments of our employees.

Cons

I can't hate anything about LearnWorlds; all the tools are clear and easy to use, and their support team is knowledgeable and responsive.

Michael

LearnWorlds is the perfect courses platform

Reviewed on 8/12/2023

Pros

The customer service is friendly, with the same people, and quick to help. The platform has a zillion design choices and they are ALWAYS innovating with new products. It is hard to keep up, but that is a good thing.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of. It is a platform that keeps on giving.

Vincent

My experience

Reviewed on 27/4/2022

Always helpful, responsive and accessible.

Always helpful, responsive and accessible.

Pros

Cool, user-friendly software, which develops continuously.
A good mix between online marketing focus and organisational LMS.
A client service team and spirit which rocks.

Cons

We use SCORM files. The speed with which SCORM based e-learnrings are loaded and played is clearly way lower than on other LMS. This leads to waiting time for the users.

Antonio

Great all in one LMS!

Reviewed on 15/4/2019

My overall experience is very good. Unless you build your school from scratch and pay thousands of dollars for it, you won't get absolutely everything you want. But I feel that anyone will get most things with Learnworlds and they will have success building their online school.

Pros

I enjoy all the integrations and the fact that they are always launching new features. Anyone with no code experience can come up with a beautiful school. Lots of articles explaining how to use and make the best of your school and you can always reach out for support and they are very responsive. Overall, a great value if you are looking to have your school up and running within days and want to have the ability to grow over time.

Cons

The more comprehensive plans are a little more expensive than what you can find out there but it's totally worth it if you are serious about building a great online school.

Jeanette

LearnWorlds is the tool to teach the world

Reviewed on 24/2/2021

I don't have to employ at least 3 people to do the tasks that Learnworlds do for me. It is a perfect fit.

Pros

The solution is a perfect fit for me and my company. I have even though I am very picky never missed any features or functions. It is very well thought of down to the smallest detail. Professionals making the perfect tool for their peers.

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind if the fact, that I didn't make it myself - the biggest compliment ever.

Response from LearnWorlds

Jeanette, thank you for this amazing review! Thank you for the trust, we are thankful for customers like you. Our support squad will be here for you every step of the way.

Kalkidan Amare

Awesome product, incredible support!

Reviewed on 12/12/2023

I'm very satusfied. Took a long time for me to pick and sort among those available in the market, but I'm glad that I ended up with Learnwords!

Pros

Ease of use and set up! But above everything else, the support is just simply incredible. Super prompt and accommodating, and they follow through to make sure that the issue is resolved. Gives me the confidence and feeling that I'm not alone in the process. There's also an account manager assigned to my school, whose monitoring my progress and proactively reaching out to provide support. Hard to go wrong with this combination!

Cons

There's really nothing i've seen to dislike yet.

Sally
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

LearnWorlds has helped us to quickly pivot to an online learning platform

Reviewed on 9/3/2021

Pros

It was well supported with online help and was intuitive enough for people with very limited software experience to quickly understand and launch an online school. Customer service has been very responsive and helpful. We were up and running and growing within a very short period of time and are about to launch our new site which will include many of the upgrades that are now available.

Cons

Creating blogs is not as simple or intuitive as it could be, so it takes longer than I would like. Other issues we initially had have all been addressed through the ongoing improvements within LearnWorlds.

Response from LearnWorlds

Thank you for taking the time to leave an insightful review, Sally! Your feedback is valuable and we have already shared this with the team. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. Keep up the great work

mark

LearnWorlds is great to scale a learning/education business

Reviewed on 28/4/2022

This has given me confidence to create and launch an online school and scale in a way i never thought possible.

Pros

The platform is incredibly easy to use. They have just about thought of every detail to make set-up, design and publish. The resource library is packed with quick guides, especially helpful as a new user. When i got stuck, a quick search of the topic gives immediate, easy to follow steps. For anyone feeling intimidated about creating an online school for first time - don't! There is a good range of options and features to make content engaging for the learner.

Cons

WE are just about to launch our online school, no negative comments so far in my experience.

Vanessa

Very Poor Customer Service! Sad! Bad! Mad!

Reviewed on 29/3/2021

Even though the design is nice, and it only takes an experienced developer about an hour or two to set up their customized school site, I would not recommend this product based on the experience I've had with customer service. Paying for customer service is part of what makes the price high, and when I reach out for support, I seem to get nothing but "there, there's" and smug retorts. DO YOUR JOBS, PLEASE!

Pros

As a web developer, I have found this CMS very simple to use. Much simpler than Wordpress, Wix, etc. Easy to customize, and gives you a nice professional look.

Cons

Certain customer service representatives were RUDE! We had a glitch in one of our courses for over a month. Had to refund and turn away customers for a month as we asked customer service for help over and over. I was very passively sympathized with but given NO ANSWERS and NO HELP. Finally, this morning, I fixed the bug, and told customer service they could close that ticket. They then had the GALL to argue with me that their never-present development team had "just" fixed it (wow, what a coincidence!) and behaved quite rudely toward me!

Jonas
Jonas

Experience after using learnWorlds for 7 month

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

I have used few others providers and wasn't satisfied until I found LearnWorlds. They have all the tools and easy to use interface to build your online school.

Pros

It's easy to use and doesn't take to much time to learn all the core functions. I build my first online course in a few hours using they awesome design tools and page builder. Also I have to mention friendly and help full customer service. That's really important for me.

Cons

Translating school pages to different language takes some time. They have prepared translated version in most popular ones, but in my case I had to spend few days on doing that. Still it's easy to understand how to do it.

Melisa

Best Platform for the Edupreneur

Reviewed on 3/3/2021

LearnWorlds has afforded me the opportunity to market my own courses at an affordable price, which helps me to beat my competitors pricing.

Pros

LearnWorlds provides the best customer service in the industry.

Cons

The inability to group clients my clients.

Response from LearnWorlds

Melisa, thank you so much for your insightful review! Our support squad is always here for you to provide any assistance you may need along the way.

LearnWorlds: Platform for online teaching

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Pros

I did a lot of research before I decided to use LearnWorlds as my teaching platform. It is very excellent equipped with many useful feathers and helpful service. I got a lot of friendly support during my starting. Platform is designed to be easy to use and make it fast to found your school. Even I am not excel at IT and computer coding, I also be able to create my website within a couple of day.

Thank LearnWorlds team.

Cons

I live in Thailand and LearnWorlds working time is based on UK time, so our time are not synchronize. When I have question or any support, I have to email to LearnWorlds support center, and wait for until working time in UK start. That is only problem I can find using this platform. Different time zone may be frustrating when continuous communication is needed to solve some kind of problem. Beside from that, I think everything is well designed and nice.

Kristen

Excellent Host for Virtual Learning

Reviewed on 13/1/2022

This tool has been an excellent learning platform that has allowed us to take our on-campus classes into the world.

Pros

This software works well with CurrikiStudio, which we use to design interactive learning activities for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This feature allows us to make accessible content on the outside and insert it into a beautifully formatted page.

Cons

As with anything, it takes practice to learn to use this tool effectively. For example, understanding how to make fillable field certificates was tricky at first, and though I figured it out, the explanation was laborious.

Ana
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Medical Education

Reviewed on 3/3/2021

Great product that we use daily!

Great product that we use daily!

Pros

LearnWorlds is easy to use, has most of the features you want and great customer service. They continue to evolve to meet the needs of customers.

Cons

Need more copy/paste features for content. Cannot get users engaged on discussion forums.

Response from LearnWorlds

Ana, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for LearnWorlds! Thanks for the useful feedback which we have shared with our team. We are always taking into consideration our customers' feedback and, wherever possible, implement it in our frequent updates. Stay tuned!