LearnDash

4.3/5
4.7/5

USMAN ZAFAR
USMAN ZAFAR

Best LMS plugin for online courses website/platform

Reviewed on 8/10/2021

Pros

LearnDash is the best LMS plugin for WordPress. We are using this plugin since 2018 and it's a top tier LMS plugin to build an online courses website. One can easily intergrate learndash LMS plugin and offer online courses or trainings. There's also an opportunity to offer paid courses and collect payments using PayPal, stripe etc. LearnDash plugin has a lot of built-in features
1. Drag and drop course builder
7. Discussion forums
8. Course points
9. Leaderboard
10. Assignments
We are using for our college and during corona it's best deal that we are using learndash plugin. There are nearly 20 courses on our site, lot of advanced quizzes (5 types pf quizzes offered by learndash plugin), classwise leaderboards in which we can show leaderboards easily on any page using shortcodes. We are also offering badges and certificates on course completion and the best thing is certificate builder is a builtin functionality in learndash plugin, you can easily collect assignments and mark easily by advanced features. LearnDash LMS is also a best tool to offer trainings for your staff, teachers and team members. One can easily earn by teaching skills and by selling courses on the website. Our college is also offering services for others and we are building course websites for other schools and colleges and the good thing is they are very happy with learndash LMS.

Cons

Learndash LMS is the best WordPress plugin and we are not facing any problem yet. Only the thing is the plugin price is a little high. I suggest learndash to announce special packages for the students and teachers as it's not easy for students and teachers to manage such amount. I believe in front of learndash features current price is nothing but I still suggest learndash officials to announce special packages for students and teachers. We are a lot happy with it and not facing any problem yet. It's fast and secure. Thanks learndash team.

PharmacyTechScholar.com

Reviewed on 20/7/2020

Setting up an online course, on my own hosted website and with my own branding, has been a great experience. It has allowed me to customize my branding and create a strategy accordingly, which I think is a preferable approach compared to building a course on a universal platform.

Pros

Building my course using LearnDash was simple, even though I had no previous experience in building a webpage. I really like the interface and the ability to customize the branding. My students have had great feedback about the format of the course, especially since I switched to focus mode.

Cons

I'm still learning the software so not I'm note quite sure yet. User management and setting up reporting and email strategies could be better, but there are some add on solutions that may help with this.

Dean
  • Industry: Design

Woocommerce and Product Feature not compatible.

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Unfortunately you must make an early decision if you wish to use the features of Learndash or create a profitable product.

While LearnDash goes to great lengths to showcase their features. Once you attempt to use these outside of their limited sales pathway many will no longer be available to you. Using the features and scalable processes of woocommerce will remove many features that make Learndash at first glimpse and during superficial reviews attractive.

Any experienced UX designers will understand that this is a huge issue. Any user will be disappointed if they can purchase a product not available to them. In many countries selling a customer a product not available to them is illegal and will expose you to legal issues.

Very limiting for those wishing to make their product available or sale.

Purchase with care. Not as seamless presented throughout the presales marketing.

Pros

Suitable for small, internal, and experimental projects. Lacks the sophistication to create a large, scalable, and sellable products.

Cons

Unfortunately while it is possible to sell courses through woocommerce, doing so will remove the listed features of the learndash product.

Most businesses will end up selling through woocommerce to unlock automations and the power of wordpress (ie adding customers to mailchimp, adding the sale to accounting software, directing a customer post sales path etc).

Unfortunately once you make a product available for sale through woocommerce many of the listed product features fail. Most notably the course prerequisite feature. Users can purchase any course available in woocommerce regardless of any restriction or settings made in Learndash.

Response from LearnDash

We are really sorry that our product didn't meet the specific needs of your unique use-case. We hope that you have found a solution that works for you.

We wanted to address a couple points from this review since it contains misleading information that might confuse others:

- Course prerequisites still work when selling with WooCommerce. Content cannot be viewed until all of the determined conditions are first met.

-Using WooCommerce to sell courses doesn't expose a business to legal issues. If it is preferred that a product in Woo not be displayed until a prerequisite is completed first then this is indeed possible using LearnDash features.

Kike

Very cheap to be true

Reviewed on 29/1/2020

For the price, I am very satisfied, as I said, it shows that they have thought the tool very well.

Pros

I bought 2 another WordPress LMS but ur system it's pretty all the e-learn community need . It have the taste of many time inverted very well to have a very impressive LMS.

Cons

Specially for my project: i need to have freedom to organize the quizes like topics, buy it have some restriction and put it the bottom.

Alain

Great piece of software

Reviewed on 2/3/2021

Pros

Easy to use and configure. Support has been great, they try to understand and help.

Cons

Certificate editing, simply awful. I found my way around and make it work, but for sure it can be better.

Ashley

Very helpful and solved an issue which saved me a lot of time and stress

Reviewed on 19/2/2021

Really enjoy using Learndash for my business

Really enjoy using Learndash for my business

Pros

I really enjoy building my online courses and course portfolio - it is very enjoable and user friendly process to use.

Cons

Nothing, it has allowed me to create a great course platform

Thinkific

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

The ability to host courses on my own website and value
Lynn
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Good Online Course Plugin for WordPress

Reviewed on 2/12/2021

It was relatively easy to use and setup.

It was relatively easy to use and setup.

Pros

This plugin was relatively easy to use and setup and works well with WPML.

Cons

It requires an additional plugin to be able to copy or clone courses, lessons, and topics.

christina
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Love the support

Reviewed on 21/8/2019

Untill now I am satisfied

Untill now I am satisfied

Pros

Customer service is very impotent for me, that I don't feel stupid when I ask all my questions and I am very satisfied the the help I got from support so far, I think I have got fast help even with the time difference.

I have a lot to learn about LearnDash, but it seams easy to navigate in. I am not an expert but I manage.

Cons

I just think that the dokumentation is a bit outdated, it could be better. But again did support help me.

Andrea

A great tool!

Reviewed on 28/1/2021

I work as a coach and thanks to Learndash I'm a creating my online academy to sell my courses and start to gain a positive passive income.

Pros

I really love learndash and I'm sharing it with my clients. It's easy to use, gorgeous to look and with tons of possibility to create what you have in mind!

Cons

I had trouble understanding how to connect groups and courses.

Moodle and Thinkific

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

General reviews, the Black Friday offer and a friend who already used it who talked to me about it
Breda

Very good LMS software

Reviewed on 11/8/2020

Corporate elearning, seems good for online courses, easy to integrate video, quizzes etc.

Pros

The Learndash is user friendly once you get to grips with the structure of courses, lessons and topics. If you are familiar with wordpress you'll find adding content easy.

Cons

There is a learning curve when you start out, I would like if there was a membership built in rather than having to get a separate plugin.

Teachable

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

Seemed to have a nicer interface for setting it up.

What a Learning Portal/LMS should be.

Reviewed on 3/4/2018

I used LearnDash to set up a Learning Portal at my prior organization. it allowed me to deploy content to a large user base through the portal, while also allowing me to track our content being used in their xAPI compliant LMS systems and completions of content through our Help system.

Pros

Building a learning portal on WordPress is brilliant. The core features of LearnDash in creating courses is great. Good quiz engine and solid features for offering and tracking courses with clear progress indicators.

But the true power of LearnDash is that it works with virtually any theme, and expands its utility with the WordPress ecosystem. Aside from solid partner plugins for coursegrids and gradebooks, there are additional tools that really give LearnDash some amazing content features like H5P and tools to embed and track content from leading eLearning tools like Articulate and Adobe. No end in sight.

Cons

The most challenging parts of LearnDash are managing WordPress and Plugins. The challenge of adding more and more features with plugins is the administrative maintenance it requires. Users just need to be very clear that unlike using a vendor LMS that you just upload content, they must be prepared to get "under the hood" to maintain the system. This is common with professional WordPress Administration, but learning professionals who just used an LMS may not be clear on the fact that this does require some web administration skills.

Goma
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

A Fantastic Learning Management System

Reviewed on 3/7/2023

Pros

LearnDash is packed with useful features that make it perfect for creating and managing online courses. Its course builder is straightforward to use. It has helped me create engaging lessons, quizzes, and assignments effortlessly, saving me a lot of time. I love the flexibility that LearnDash offers in delivering course content. Whether it's text-based lessons, videos, audio files, or downloadable resources, I can choose the format that suits my students' learning preferences. This adaptability enhances the overall learning experience.

Cons

One limitation I noticed is the visual customization. Although LearnDash offers some customization options for course layouts and branding, users with advanced design requirements might find them somewhat limited. However, with basic HTML and CSS knowledge, it is possible to make additional visual customizations.

Rose

Very grateful to rep , who has delivered exceptional support, by far the best help desk...

Reviewed on 13/2/2019

Overall quality of finished workshops is superb, and students express enthusiasm. Originally my designer warned me, "This system is hard to learn, but you'll be pleased with the results. That's true.

I do want to give a shout-out to the support team. Rep has given me exceptional tech support, and I can't imagine a more helpful, knowledgeable, kindly guide to the mysteries and complications of LearnDash.

Pros

The finished product. My workshops have exactly the components I wish: As many lessons per course as I wish, installing video and audio recordings, quizzes, and forums.

Once I learned how to use the software, it leads to a superb product.

Cons

Over-designed! On the whole, from my perspective, LearnDash is difficult to learn; an upgrade has resulted in far too many choices. For example, used to be that I could easily upload a FILL IN THE BLANKS quiz. Learning the new method, with upgrade, was far more difficult. Each question takes about 6 extra steps, compared to one step previously. As an educator, I do find it offensive that it's supposed to be desirable to copy quiz parts and, apparently, crank out as many quizzes as possible. Why not make that a plug-in, rather than standard operating procedure for those of us who create quality workshops and prefer to not over-complicate.

Aaron

LearnDash really offers a lot for the cost - well worth every cent!

Reviewed on 28/12/2020

We've used and extended LearnDash for about a dozen different client sites (I'm a web developer) - it's easy to set up and our easy to show our clients how to use it. When we've needed to, we've extended the plugin with the Uncanny Owl plugin, some of the other plugins, or through custom code.

Pros

LearnDash is easy to set up and works well with WordPress. I've been using LearnDash for over 4 years and each version gets better, with more options and power. It is the best way to offer online courses, either paid or free and we've set it up with grading or certification for several websites. LearnDash has a lot of features including courses, lessons, quizzes, and more. Also there's additional plugins to help extend it further or if you're a PHP programmer, you can extend it even further. It costs but it really is a premium plugin and they do have great support.

Cons

There is definitely a learning curve the first time you use it but it's all laid out logically and you'll figure it out in no time. Quizzes can take a while to set up but straightforward. There's a few things that are buried in the settings that can be gotchas but overall a really solid product.

Dave
  • Industry: Events Services

Solid LMS Package

Reviewed on 9/2/2021

Pros

I started tinkering with LearnDash a few years ago but never launched my initial product. However, I kept my license active and watched as the LD team continued to upgrade and refine the product. I'm very much a DIY developer and I love that this full-featured package allows me to run a very sophisticated LMS system off of WordPress. The Notifications Add-on fills in a missing piece and enables me to create subscription content wit email notification of timed course content.

Cons

When setting up notifications, it's necessary to manually specify a recipient. If you miss this, nobody will get the email. If "user" was the default recipient, you wouldn't have to double-check in most instances. And in the list of notifications, this would be a great setting to be able to change in bulk or at least see in the dashboard without having to open each notification. Also, while I'm able to do this with shortcodes, I'd love to see a header and footer template for email notifications, and maybe even a visual builder.

steve

LearnDash review of Uuguul

Reviewed on 26/1/2022

Well I was first using youtube to share video lesson but with learndash my experience is billions time more intuitive and I also take much more pleasure sharing my content.
For my user also, the course are more structured, information are easier to find and the learning is very pleasing.

Pros

The lesson page are amazing especially when LD is coupled with Presto Player and Buddyboss.
The various courses page are also pretty awesome (again when coupled with BuddyBoss).
The quizz, lessons, courses are overall pretty quick to set up.

Cons

Updating or finding quizz / course / lessons is a real pain.. and I feel a lot of time is lost while adjusting structure of course and all. The builder is amazing but then to change lesson and so on it becomes a rabbit hole and once a lot of lesson and so on are created it becomes a real maze....
I wish the interface would be a bit more minimal so we could maybe see more things at the same time...
Also LD is overall pretty buddy (in term of front end) stuff sometime shows, sometimes not, and I had to ask alternate developper to fix all the issue that are within LD. Also updating the plugin is very scary, as so far I updated two times, and had to roll back because the website ended up being totally broken.. :) (visually)

Drew
  • Industry: Music

Excellent & powerful product

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

Pros

It has many of the features that we were looking for right out of the box without added plugins. The Course Grid View feature with video previews and custom layouts is also exceptional. The codebase is robust and it's got a lot of fantastic documentation.

The support is just next level as well. That's played a huge role in our development, as we needed quite a bit of advice on advanced customization for our build. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on the support team went above and beyond, with same-day replies packed with detailed, and useful information.

Cons

There are a couple of features that are currently available only as WSDM Labs plugin add-ons that I would like added to the core functionality, such as instructor roles and customized testimonials/reviews. But in general, it's extremely good.

Lukasz

One of the best for WordPress

Reviewed on 3/4/2023

The beginnings of using LearnDash require attention and some time, but if you get to know LearnDash well, you will be able to add new courses faster and easier.

Pros

I like that LearnDash works seamlessly and that it has a lot of useful features (although sometimes I even feel like it's too much).

Cons

Sometimes LearnDash is too complicated and can overwhelm you with the amount of features.

D'vorah
D'vorah

Gorgeous and Easy to Use - WordPress Online Classroom Platform

Reviewed on 2/11/2020

Pros

As an experienced WordPress user (for over 12 years) and a course creator for as many years, I can say that hands-down, LearnDash offers a fantastic, easy-to-use, powerhouse course creation software. Not only is it easy to add and update courses and content, it provides a wonderful user experience for our students! We often receive comments as to how sleek and attractive the online classroom looks and how easy it is to use.

Cons

I can't really say there are any cons however I did need to reach out for support to ask a few questions when initially setting up the interface. That said, we were able to get up and running in record time and able to set up many courses quickly and easily. We produce approximately one course each month, so we needed something that would make it possible for us to replicate the process over and over again.

Jeremy
Jeremy
  • Industry: Design

A premier option for LMS development. Has all of the features you would expect.

Reviewed on 9/3/2018

Pros

What is not to like about this? Multi-tier courses, classes, teacher interaction, and a handful of gateways to round out this system. There are really too many features to list, and most of them are rounded really nicely. Customer support is quick and easy to work with, the cost isn't prohibitive as this LMS supports creating large projects, and the features feel like fully-realized and integrated aspects of a complete software, not just bolted on options on a lesser-thought-out plugin.

Cons

We ran into a compatibility issue with our event software. It ended up breaking the software, and we had to axe the event system we had put in place because we wanted to use this LMS over others. We also ran into a problem where we couldn't create a class online to register with, and then host the classes offline, manually entering a grade and pass/fail for in-person testing very well. Our specific use-case ended up being the one that this software couldn't handle.

Mohan Lal
Mohan Lal

My favorite plugin for Creating Courses on a Wordpress Site

Reviewed on 7/3/2022

We used learned with Memberium+Keap, and overall things turned out pretty easy to manage. So if we talk about my opinion, as long as you are sure about hosting courses on a Wordpress Install, go for LearnDash.

Pros

like how easy it is to create & manage courses with LearnDash. Apart from this, I like various features Learndash provides, including:
1. Course Certificates (this helps in automatic Certification creation, so you don't have to do it manually for each user)
2. Quizzes (this helps in making sure that users are actually learning things, and this also helps in making things a bit interactive).
3. Drip Lessons (this helps in making lessons available on certain timeframes)

We started using LearnDash with Memberium+IFS, which still works best for us (If we talk about creating & managing courses on a Wordpress Install)

Cons

1. Initial Setup requires you to hire a Developer, as showing courses as you want would require coding & stuff

2. Software Pricing

Pierre

Excellent LMS with excellent support

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

After losing my time with a LMS theme for wordpress, cheap but full of bugs (and still not working properly to this day), I decided to give a chance to LearnDash. In three months, I set up my elearning platform without problem and sell my first course.
I had no problems with LearnDash, and the support even helped me with compatibility with other plugins. The support is always quick and very serious in the investigation of a problem. The documentation is very complete and the Facebook group is very helpful.

Pros

I'm using Learndash with WooCommerce and Cartflows. Perfect integration. Seamless integration also with Elementor, I customized my entire site easily. LearnDash plays very well with other major plugins. That's perfect.
The support is very good and quick to answer to any questions. Nevertheless, I didn't have much problems with LearnDash. And when I had, it was because of other plugins. But the support even helped me to find a solution.
In term of learning, it's very easy to construct courses and to sell them. I love the focus mode and the ProPanel. I can't wait to see what will be next !

Cons

There are not a lot of things I don't like about LearnDash. Maybe I would like to have more native functions of customization. But that's not much. The entire experience as a creator and as a user is very good.

Natalya

Learndash is exceptional for our online school

Reviewed on 9/6/2022

Learndash brought an incredible experience to our school, with the freedom to have our own online school and be able to customize it the way we wanted.
The support is really good, super fast and they guide very well about anything.
We've taken our courses a step further with a platform within our website. Everything was much more integrated and the way we wanted.

Pros

I really liked how it works to upload classes and the platform in general. Everything worked very well easy to post and is separated by course, insert users to assemble the course.

Cons

I was a little more confused when it came to customizing some internal parts, but the support was exceptional helping me with everything I needed.

Bruno

We run all our courses on Learndash

Reviewed on 9/3/2021

Positive. We run all our Elearning courses on Learndash.

Positive. We run all our Elearning courses on Learndash.

Pros

The reason for our choice of Learndash software was to build our own LMS platform, without any coding and now we run on it all our courses, short and long. Easily and without great problems.

Cons

- Reporting could be improved a lot. In France, we need a lot of it for legal reasons. At the end of a course, we need to export a complete and individual report for each student.
Pdf export of such a document would be a great improvement for all French training organizations .
- Impossible to send easily an email to all or a group of students ... Or didn't I find the way to do it ?

Amira

LearnDash is an obligation in E-learning

Reviewed on 22/11/2022

My experience with LearnDash is one of a kind. As a tutor, this software has been of great help to me. It lets me control how I want my course to look, share my lessons with multiple classes, integrate with almost all systems, and make the learning process fun. Although LearnDash needs development in some areas, it is still the best software I used throughout my teaching journey. Nowadays, such softwares are very necessary in E-learning field; for that, I highly recommend LearnDash.

Pros

* LearnDash allows me to style my course the way I want it. * It integrates well with WordPress. * It provides the opportunity to sell courses online. * There are great sharing options. * LearnDash is easy to install and use

Cons

* The need for installing some plugins is a bit annoying. * Customization is a bit hard in some areas.* The need for add-ons to better the software functionality.