LearnDash

4.4/5
4.3/5
4.7/5

USMAN ZAFAR

Best LMS plugin for online courses website/platform

Reviewed on 8/10/2021

Pros

LearnDash is the best LMS plugin for WordPress. We are using this plugin since 2018 and it's a top tier LMS plugin to build an online courses website. One can easily intergrate learndash LMS plugin and offer online courses or trainings. There's also an opportunity to offer paid courses and collect payments using PayPal, stripe etc. LearnDash plugin has a lot of built-in features
1. Drag and drop course builder
7. Discussion forums
8. Course points
9. Leaderboard
10. Assignments
We are using for our college and during corona it's best deal that we are using learndash plugin. There are nearly 20 courses on our site, lot of advanced quizzes (5 types pf quizzes offered by learndash plugin), classwise leaderboards in which we can show leaderboards easily on any page using shortcodes. We are also offering badges and certificates on course completion and the best thing is certificate builder is a builtin functionality in learndash plugin, you can easily collect assignments and mark easily by advanced features. LearnDash LMS is also a best tool to offer trainings for your staff, teachers and team members. One can easily earn by teaching skills and by selling courses on the website. Our college is also offering services for others and we are building course websites for other schools and colleges and the good thing is they are very happy with learndash LMS.

Cons

Learndash LMS is the best WordPress plugin and we are not facing any problem yet. Only the thing is the plugin price is a little high. I suggest learndash to announce special packages for the students and teachers as it's not easy for students and teachers to manage such amount. I believe in front of learndash features current price is nothing but I still suggest learndash officials to announce special packages for students and teachers. We are a lot happy with it and not facing any problem yet. It's fast and secure. Thanks learndash team.

Kike

Very cheap to be true

Reviewed on 29/1/2020

For the price, I am very satisfied, as I said, it shows that they have thought the tool very well.

Pros

I bought 2 another WordPress LMS but ur system it's pretty all the e-learn community need . It have the taste of many time inverted very well to have a very impressive LMS.

Cons

Specially for my project: i need to have freedom to organize the quizes like topics, buy it have some restriction and put it the bottom.

Chi

Great customer support, product needs some improvement

Reviewed on 3/11/2020

I am an open online Chinese course provider. I used to develop an entire course using our own software, based on Moodle. It worked quite well, but I thought using a plug-in might be the smart move since I want to also optimize the quizzes and courses for SEO purposes. This turned out to be not so easy, in fact, it might make the URL structure much more chaotic than it is if you simply use a "normal" SEO strategy separating the blog content and the free course content.

Almost all my customer support requests lead to the conclusion that I will need to hire a programmer to solve the issue.

I definitely see more flexibility with moodle, if you have the knowledge to set up a server and run the moodle there.
If you are someone who is just starting up alone, or with very little technical understanding, LearnDash would definitely be the right choice. but I think if you grow bigger, you will probably need something that can fulfill more purposes.

Pros

What I love is the customer support. I have encountered some issues and have always had a great experience with customer support. Especially one employee [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] went a long way to make sure my problem was solved. Though the problem stayed as a default setup, she truly made it easy to keep using the solution. The customer support overall is amazing. For anyone who has a standard e-learning idea, I think LearnDash is the product to go for BECAUSE of the customer support.

Cons

I understand that e-learning products are all quite troublesome due to database issues - it is indeed a sophisticated industry. However, I still have to say LearnDash is not very intuitive to use, especially when you have a concrete idea of how to set up your course. It has an overall extremely complicated URL structure, which makes SEO hard to achieve. And there is no option to make it shorter. Each course creates a line of subcategories, followed by lessons with the same subcategories. And then when you finally reach the quizzes, you simply have a long URL and you have no other way to change that.
This is only one of the smaller things that you can't change. Also, it's not possible to insert a page to describe something, followed by a question within a quiz.

Moodle LMS

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

Because I thought it would be easier to use LearnDash, since it's not free. The customer support is great though, so that's definitely a plus. But the product itself still has room for improvement, in my opinion.
Amira

LearnDash is an obligation in E-learning

Reviewed on 22/11/2022

My experience with LearnDash is one of a kind. As a tutor, this software has been of great help to me. It lets me control how I want my course to look, share my lessons with multiple classes, integrate with almost all systems, and make the learning process fun. Although LearnDash needs development in some areas, it is still the best software I used throughout my teaching journey. Nowadays, such softwares are very necessary in E-learning field; for that, I highly recommend LearnDash.

Pros

* LearnDash allows me to style my course the way I want it. * It integrates well with WordPress. * It provides the opportunity to sell courses online. * There are great sharing options. * LearnDash is easy to install and use

Cons

* The need for installing some plugins is a bit annoying. * Customization is a bit hard in some areas.* The need for add-ons to better the software functionality.

Alain

Great piece of software

Reviewed on 2/3/2021

Pros

Easy to use and configure. Support has been great, they try to understand and help.

Cons

Certificate editing, simply awful. I found my way around and make it work, but for sure it can be better.

Ashley

Very helpful and solved an issue which saved me a lot of time and stress

Reviewed on 19/2/2021

Really enjoy using Learndash for my business

Pros

I really enjoy building my online courses and course portfolio - it is very enjoable and user friendly process to use.

Cons

Nothing, it has allowed me to create a great course platform

Thinkific

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

The ability to host courses on my own website and value
Lynn
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Good Online Course Plugin for WordPress

Reviewed on 2/12/2021

It was relatively easy to use and setup.

Pros

This plugin was relatively easy to use and setup and works well with WPML.

Cons

It requires an additional plugin to be able to copy or clone courses, lessons, and topics.

christina
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Love the support

Reviewed on 21/8/2019

Untill now I am satisfied

Pros

Customer service is very impotent for me, that I don't feel stupid when I ask all my questions and I am very satisfied the the help I got from support so far, I think I have got fast help even with the time difference.

I have a lot to learn about LearnDash, but it seams easy to navigate in. I am not an expert but I manage.

Cons

I just think that the dokumentation is a bit outdated, it could be better. But again did support help me.

Andrea

A great tool!

Reviewed on 28/1/2021

I work as a coach and thanks to Learndash I'm a creating my online academy to sell my courses and start to gain a positive passive income.

Pros

I really love learndash and I'm sharing it with my clients. It's easy to use, gorgeous to look and with tons of possibility to create what you have in mind!

Cons

I had trouble understanding how to connect groups and courses.

Moodle LMS and Thinkific

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

General reviews, the Black Friday offer and a friend who already used it who talked to me about it
Alicia
  • Industry: Fine Art

Mid Tier Product Requires Technical Skill or Patience

Reviewed on 12/4/2022

Now that it is set up, it is easy to manage and is a good way to test the products and audience without breaking the bank.

Pros

It does function as a learning management system if you are just getting your business started, this is a good place to test your product.

Cons

Support seemed challenging to come by, there was no online support and I ended up having to pay a developer from Upwork to set up my learndash for me after watching countless youtube tutorials.

Teachable

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

The price and the ability to implement the LMS on my own site and attached with payment
Aimee
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

User Experience is Dated, Not worth time investment

Reviewed on 8/9/2022

I spent about 20 hours installing this plug-in and trying to set it up in WordPress before I stopped and decided to go with Teachable, which is another LMS platform. I was paying $30 a month for LearnDash but it’s not at all worth $30 a month. The support was poor and the user experience felt like the plug-in itself hadn’t been updated in a very long time. If I was using it for free I would’ve thought it would’ve been worth it, but to pay monthly for it is not worth the amount of time and energy that it took me to set up basic functions .

Pros

The reason I purchased the software was because it integrated with WordPress. I had already built my courses on WordPress and I wanted to add additional features like tracking my students and providing a central hub where all my students courses would be available and providing them with a progress bar to help them have a more visual way to progress through their courses.

Cons

This is really not a software it’s a WordPress plug-in. I use multiple word plus plug-ins that are excellent. This WordPress plug-in is not worth the money. The amount of work that requires you to do just to get your course set up is enormous. I already had my courses fully developed and it was not easy to install the plug-in and have the features that they promised.

Teachable

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

I originally chose LearnDash because it was a plug-in for WordPress. I thought that would allow me to do less work and keep the word press courses that are already set up. I ended up choosing teachable in the end because my experience trying to set up LearnDash showed me that it was nowhere comparable to the functionality of Teachable which was the same exact price .
Jesus

After months of testing Saas and WordPress LMS plugins, LearnDash came out on top.

Reviewed on 11/4/2018

This software is helping us simplify and streamline our ability to deliver online training to students at an affordable cost.

Pros

We needed many features that were hard to find in SaaS based LMS solutions and WP plugins. Here's a list of features that pushed us towards LearnDash because it worked with our stack or is helping us upgrade it:

1. Integration with Zapier (allows communication with our Podio CRM hub)
2. Integration with any Shopping cart with One-Click Upsells. We will be migrating to SamCart after 6 years with Nanacast.
3. Ability to "Recycle" LMS content. (i.e. use one lecture in multiple classes)
4. Progress % for classes so students can see their progress.
5. Forum integration for class discussions. We chose BBPress and it works perfectly with it.
6. ActiveCampaign integration for email management.

LearnDash included all these features and they work. This was the *only* solution I found after months of testing WP plugins and Saas platforms that met our requirements. So far, setup has gone smooth and updates have not broken anything.

Cons

My biggest con is that this is a WP plugin and I'm hesitant to run mission critical software on WordPress. But since all the SaaS LMS' solutions were missing critical features, I decided to give this a shot.

In order to gain some peace of mind and find a middle of sorts, I decided to go the extremely safe route with hosting and chose Kinsta since they use the Google Cloud and their pricing structure is reasonable. Plus, having a "staging area" is nice along with their daily backups, crazy speed and Nginx reverse proxy caching.

Rose

Very grateful to rep , who has delivered exceptional support, by far the best help desk...

Reviewed on 13/2/2019

Overall quality of finished workshops is superb, and students express enthusiasm. Originally my designer warned me, "This system is hard to learn, but you'll be pleased with the results. That's true.

I do want to give a shout-out to the support team. Rep has given me exceptional tech support, and I can't imagine a more helpful, knowledgeable, kindly guide to the mysteries and complications of LearnDash.

Pros

The finished product. My workshops have exactly the components I wish: As many lessons per course as I wish, installing video and audio recordings, quizzes, and forums.

Once I learned how to use the software, it leads to a superb product.

Cons

Over-designed! On the whole, from my perspective, LearnDash is difficult to learn; an upgrade has resulted in far too many choices. For example, used to be that I could easily upload a FILL IN THE BLANKS quiz. Learning the new method, with upgrade, was far more difficult. Each question takes about 6 extra steps, compared to one step previously. As an educator, I do find it offensive that it's supposed to be desirable to copy quiz parts and, apparently, crank out as many quizzes as possible. Why not make that a plug-in, rather than standard operating procedure for those of us who create quality workshops and prefer to not over-complicate.

Mike

Membership and Course Management

Reviewed on 23/2/2022

Generally speaking, the documentation is excellent, the customer support has been very positive and helpful, and it's been a good experience.

Pros

Honestly, after banging my head against a wall trying desperately to Frankenstein other options together, I finally broke down and bought LearnDash and wish I had done so sooner. It solved a LOT of stressful issues oof how to create courses online, membership management, and the whole process of putting a system in place that works and doing so in a fairly straightforward way.

Cons

I absolutely hate WordPress. Every time I fix one issue, the solution causes two more. I spend more time building my site and working on it than I do actually creating content. So my only complaint about this software is that I have to use it on Wordpress.

Rosie
  • Industry: Design

The best Learning Management software for WordPress

Reviewed on 22/4/2022

The ability to quickly add courses and still have a level of quality that's right on point is what makes LearnDash such a valuable tool. The features I get with video lessons look like custom development, which makes the courses look like a great deal of money was spent to create them which is always a plus.

Pros

LearnDash has become quite popular for creating courses. It's flexible and they're also well integrated with other products which is very important. The UI with Elementor is seamless. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to enjoy the best user experience possible. LearnDash provides great content possibilities and documentation but their support is a little less efficient than their software!

Cons

The social learning, interactive learning and mobile experience on the website have room for improvement. The last few months has seen an improvement in the mobile experience, but social learning and interactive learning could be better and more user-friendly. Initial integration was time-consuming and there really isn’t any way around that. I also wish they had better user management options since WordPress user management is not great.

steve

LearnDash review of Uuguul

Reviewed on 26/1/2022

Well I was first using youtube to share video lesson but with learndash my experience is billions time more intuitive and I also take much more pleasure sharing my content.
For my user also, the course are more structured, information are easier to find and the learning is very pleasing.

Pros

The lesson page are amazing especially when LD is coupled with Presto Player and Buddyboss.
The various courses page are also pretty awesome (again when coupled with BuddyBoss).
The quizz, lessons, courses are overall pretty quick to set up.

Cons

Updating or finding quizz / course / lessons is a real pain.. and I feel a lot of time is lost while adjusting structure of course and all. The builder is amazing but then to change lesson and so on it becomes a rabbit hole and once a lot of lesson and so on are created it becomes a real maze....
I wish the interface would be a bit more minimal so we could maybe see more things at the same time...
Also LD is overall pretty buddy (in term of front end) stuff sometime shows, sometimes not, and I had to ask alternate developper to fix all the issue that are within LD. Also updating the plugin is very scary, as so far I updated two times, and had to roll back because the website ended up being totally broken.. :) (visually)

Rod

Top Gun eLearning Software

Reviewed on 23/7/2020

I've had a wonderful experience with this software. It does everything I want it to do. And given the new ability to use "groups" as "memberships," I'm even more impressed.

Pros

I am a big fan of LearnDash for a number of reasons, one of which is its ease of use. You don't need much skill to set up LearnDash given the very detailed tutorials on YouTube.

Cons

Compared to other eLearning softwares, there's nothing I like least in the sense that I give this much thought.

David

LearnDash is the backbone of our Codeable Academy

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

LearnDash is the backbone of our Codeable Academy, and we use it to create helpful trainings for our 500+ developer community. In the past we would provide training and resources via a private forum or Google docs. But we didn't know how many users were consuming the information. Now we have full visibility on who has taken a course, how much of it has been completed, and what grades they received on the quizzes. As we continue to add more courses, we see LearnDash playing an integral part in the Codeable Academy, and we're proud to be using it.

Pros

What I like most about LearnDash is the ease of use to implement and setup courses. The training videos that are included inside the plugin made learning to use it and build the courses simple. The plugin itself works perfectly, and we didn't have any issues building our courses. Our users (500+ developers) have had no issues when taking the courses and everything works like a charm.

Cons

No complaints at all so far! When using an LMS plugin, you just want it to work without hassles or needing to contact support. And LearnDash provided a great experience start-to-finish.

D'vorah

Gorgeous and Easy to Use - WordPress Online Classroom Platform

Reviewed on 2/11/2020

Pros

As an experienced WordPress user (for over 12 years) and a course creator for as many years, I can say that hands-down, LearnDash offers a fantastic, easy-to-use, powerhouse course creation software. Not only is it easy to add and update courses and content, it provides a wonderful user experience for our students! We often receive comments as to how sleek and attractive the online classroom looks and how easy it is to use.

Cons

I can't really say there are any cons however I did need to reach out for support to ask a few questions when initially setting up the interface. That said, we were able to get up and running in record time and able to set up many courses quickly and easily. We produce approximately one course each month, so we needed something that would make it possible for us to replicate the process over and over again.

Georgia

Create Online Learning Hub with Ease

Reviewed on 10/2/2021

My experience with LearnDash plugin and with LearnDash the company has been fantastic. My client is thrilled and I am very happy that I can now include this as an option to other clients in the future. It is a powerful LMS for independents and organizations alike.

Pros

Support is always key for me - even if I never need it and even presale the support team was responsive and helpful. After that comes an intuitive interface and they score high here as well. I also used an extensive online library of video lessons any time I wanted to fill in my personal knowledge base. Also, with the inclusion of a partner like Elementor I was able to deliver a workspace to the client that is reflective of their core website.

Cons

We ended up creating this as a subdomain to the parent site and that worked well for us. The addition of Elementor to their pool of available tools is fairly recent and the documentation is slim from both parties. I hope that this improves and that there is a greater ability to customize even more in the future. Also, I wish the documentation was better for user login, especially when you have incorporated WooCommerce.

Margi

Outstanding customer support

Reviewed on 3/12/2020

Super awesome and friendly customer service. They talk with me in normal language so I can understand and they really try to get to the heart of the issue.

Pros

I'm not the developer of my site but I do make all of the changes, etc. So when my students were purchasing classes but the classes weren't getting onto their dashboard immediately - I contacted LearnDash and they helped immediately. What a relief!

Cons

Because the developer I used was the one to implement the software, I wish I could say more here. However, I don't have anything to share here because I use it to load classes etc. but that is all. And customer service helps me when I need it. I also realize I need to learn more to take care of a few issues but I don't feel that is a LearnDash concern.

We switched to Learndash, and as a developer, I LOVE IT.

Reviewed on 20/3/2019

The two best WordPress LMS plugins are LearnDash and LifterLMS. It was a hard choice between the two. But we chose Learndash because of their easy-to-use API.

The major thing missing from LearnDash is that it still does require a developer (or a experienced Wordpress user) to set up. There's no easy way to plug-and-play. I wouldn't be able to hand this off to a Wordpress novice.

Pros

LearnDash has plenty of APIs to do all sorts of fancy things. For other LMSes, I had to write a lot of custom code to do what LearnDash does right out of the box.

I also love how flexible LearnDash is. There's a lot of plugins that work alongside LearnDash.

Cons

There is a learning curve to setting it up. There's a lot of options.

I also wish that Learndash does user management in a much more streamline way. Right now, you have to modify every user individually, or build a script to manage users.

I also couldn't figure out how to use their ProPanel software.

Joyce

Great software and awesome support

Reviewed on 12/3/2021

It's great, the LearnDash support site and knowledge base are extensive and mostly very clear. It ensures constant progress and learning a lot in the process. Reaching out for support has been GREAT, these people (big shoutout to Ali) understand the value of going the extra mile for their customers. Also not stopping at their own product, but actively thinking along to see if connections with other plugins were what they needed to be. All this combined makes sure I will keep using LearnDash for future projects too, I'm a fan.

Pros

I like the fact that it's easy to use with a visual pagebuilder, easy to connect to a commercial tool like WooCommerce and that it comes with soooo many options to customize to the needs of the specific contents and users.

Cons

The variety of options are great, but also overwhelming at times. As a first time user from concept into production there was a lot of reading and Googling involved.
Some options that would seem apparant to me (such as adding a log off button for users, having them be able to see their own answers to quizquestions after finalizing them, translating the system language to our own) were difficult to find info about and implement correctly. It's not a click and go type of software, but more than worth while thanks to the many options to cater to your every need and wish.

The best online teaching platform

Reviewed on 11/5/2019

It’s the best online teaching platform.

Pros

We tried Thinkific and Teachable before we started using LearDash. Nothing compares to LearnDash. If you want to control your content and user experience, LearnDash is the best option.
LearnDash allows you to decide how to present your courses, how to sell it and promote it. It integrates with WooCommerce and plenty of other plugins.
Customer support is responding very fast.

Cons

Reporting tools could be better, now we are using a different plugin.

Nathan
  • Used for 1+ year

LearnDash can be overwhelming but worth the time investment

Reviewed on 27/3/2021

Positive. I was able to make online courses and sell them online in a relatively short timeframe. The building process took a long time but having a custom-made LMS through WordPress gave me a lot of freedom and helped me build my business away from major course conglomerates.

Pros

LearnDash is incredibly customizable. If you have a vision of an online course then you can build it with LearnDash. It is a plugin for WordPress so knowing how to use WordPress is a requirement but that is most of the battle. LearnDash does a great job breaking down the process and has a great support community to help out when you get stuck.

Cons

The learning curve is immense. Many of the features are intuitive but it can be had to put all the pieces together. There are a TON of pieces and you need to know how to code to truly achieve full customization. That is the hardest part. Making sure you know where all the pieces are and how to use them correctly.