Filmora

Video editing software for marketing businesses

4.5/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.3/5

JAZE
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Filmora 101

Reviewed on 1/9/2021

It has a superb user interface, I was able to jump right in the thick of things without feeling like I need to watch a tutorial on how to use it. I think that I will be using this over my other video editing programs from now on, that's how much I like it.

Pros

Filmora comes with professional and easy to use tools. It has the option of purchasing a perpetual license that has a lifetime plan at a very affordable price. I like the fact that it allows you to set your aspect ratio right at the beginning of opening your project which I have never seen before.

Cons

I started using the trial version and was super impressed with it until I found out that my exported files came with a watermark and also that most of the cool effects came only in the paid version of Filmora, so I was pretty much forced to upgrade to get its full benefits.

Final Cut Pro

Reasons for Choosing Filmora

I am always looking for an alternative software to use when it comes to video editing because I like being versatile enough to use anyone of them if I feel one has a slight advantage over another.

Camtasia

Reasons for Switching to Filmora

I was unable to find Final Cut for Windows at my regular software vendors so I chose the next best option on my list and that was Filmora.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good to have video editing tool for quick effects for social media

Reviewed on 31/5/2022

Overall, this video editing tool solves my big problem for rendering lots of reels. No lagging while previewing as they use proxy videos. I can easily render larger videos that is more than 10 mins faster. Anyone who is not much experienced with video editing can easily access and learn every feature and start in no time.

Pros

I am using this to create Instagram reels and this tool consist of cool effects that will make my videos transition more beautiful and attractive with just one click.

Also, I loved their auto proxy video replacement that need to be done manually in other native apps like adobe. I really liked the user interface that is straightforward and takes no time to learn it.

Cons

I agree that this tool is not fully fledged video editing software but still they need to provide cloud access or at least provide free and open media that anyone can use inside application itself instead of uploading from outside.

And I will be happy to use it if they allow tabs or multiple windows to work on when one video is rendering, this reduces time for editing multiple videos.

Canva

Reasons for Choosing Filmora

Adobe premiere pro have lots of features to edit high end videos but it consumes same amount of ram for small videos too that makes my small videos take same amount of time. To reduce that rendering time I have switched to Filmora.

Leonardo
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Filmora ideal for beginner or casual video editors

Reviewed on 24/11/2022

In my opinion, it is easy to use right away without watching tutorials. It brings the essential elements that a good video editing software must bring.

Pros

Effortless to use, it is intuitive. Drag and drop style. You find the essential tools such as crop, zoom, cut, PiP, "basic" color correction, speed, "basic" audio autoducking, basic object tracking and masking. You can get easy access to images and videos (CC licensed).

Cons

It offers plenty of features such animation, transitions, effect, color adjustment, etc, BUT you have to pay additional for those.

Response from Wondershare

Thanks for your recognition of Filmora seeing from the view of its pricing and functions. Regarding the disadvantage you mentioned, kindly note we add effects that belong to Filmstock (marked by a red diamond) in Filmora directly, which means the users can have a better chance to try them before subscribing. Seek your understanding.

Actually, there are also many animations, transitions, effects, color adjustments, etc being provided for free, you may select them to use instead.

Ben
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

filmora for editing

Reviewed on 9/10/2022

Pros

filmora is very complete to edit and create very professional videos for all media

Cons

I strongly recommend filmora because I have not encountered any major problemsv

Timothy

Filmora Video Editing Software: Create Pro-Level Videos with ease

Reviewed on 11/9/2022

I love Filmora. It is the perfect fit for me. I make simple yet professional social media videos with it, and for me and most everyday people, that is enough.

Pros

1. Video editing - it allows you to edit videos by adding effects, transitions, and titles.

2. Audio editing - it lets you adjust audio levels and add background music for your video.

3. Motion graphics - this feature allows you to create custom animations with the help of the built-in templates and assets library.

4. 3D animation - this feature enables users to animate their videos by using 3D objects and backgrounds from the library or importing their own 3D models into Filmora's interface.

Cons

I only have one thing I am a bit disappointed about, and that is the price. They have a tier system like many companies for their templates, effects, audio library, etc; the free, standard, and premium options. I use it for free and always have. However, since the premium and standard have some top-shelf stuff, the cost can add up after a while, so I avoid it and do just fine.

Perfect for getting started with video editing

Reviewed on 16/5/2022

I use it everyday and make YouTube videos for my clients. easy to create eye catching videos.

Pros

It's like easy! just drop some video and photos and put a music under it and DONE! you have your video. It has a good amount of transitions and video effects. Some solid colors and objects that you may use. The export quality is fantastic.

Cons

The editing part is a bit weird, it's like you are driving in UK, I'm not sure why they chose to reverse clipping and cutting videos. Most of the time I have to focus on not screwing up the video timeline but accidently deleting or editing a clip. I hope they change it to a more universal editing mode.

Ayesha

Simple yet effective!

Reviewed on 21/8/2022

This software has saved me on many occasions. It's what I've always used for my small projects. It has every functionality required to complete the task at hand. It is getting better gradually.

Pros

There is a vast library of presets and templates. Any beginner may easily make video content, as I have. The transitions and effects are pretty remarkable. Compared to my experience with video editing software, it saves much time.

Cons

Although this software has many advantages, several professional features are lacking. Even though they constantly provide new updates, some features have not yet been added.

George Rex
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A Better Alternative to Adobe Premiere Pro

Reviewed on 21/4/2021

I've really become a good video editor by just the use of Filmora, self-taught. Filmora made me realize that video editing was no rocket science after all.

Pros

Filmora was easier to use than Adobe Premiere Pro. The fact that I could do simple adjustments like audio detaching and clip transitions were really amazing. The pack of beautiful transitions and effects are without doubt very impressive.

Cons

I really don't fancy why and how newer versions of Filmora cannot open project files built with older versions of the software, like two major updates backwards.

For example, I tried opening a Filmora 8 project with Filmora X (i.e. version 10), it refused to open or even convert the file to a newer version. I don't know why this is happening, but to me, it is not applaudable.

Rabika
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Best Editing Software for Making an Entertaining Video

Reviewed on 5/8/2022

Overall, I found Filmora to be pretty easily usable for beginners as well as pro video makers who want to edit videos from any handy device. It takes less time to render files which is another plus point. It gives us a fast preview while editing, unlike other video editing apps.

Pros

User-friendly UI design and easy to handle each tool within the software. It was running smoothly both on my PC and phone. It is cheap as it offered free and pro versions both. In the free version, I could use many tools to make my video well enough. There are various kinds of effects, backgrounds, music, and transitions. I could cut audio from the video and add any song as per my will in the edited video. The best thing about Filmora is any beginner can use it and get their very first experience with it.

Cons

It is certainly not suitable for multiple video edits. I could not remove its watermark easily without watching ads. So for the free version, it can be irritating for the users.

Filmora Regular Usage Review

Reviewed on 13/5/2022

My Overall experience with filmora was amazing.

Pros

I love the software's advancedness with video editing, there is nothing less than the top of what you can do with filmora for the fantastic availability.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about this software is that it is not that simple to understand off the bat, but after a while it is gettable.

Aria
  • Industry: Publishing

Simplest But Powerful Video Editor Ever

Reviewed on 25/2/2022

I've been a professional video editor for many years, I used many software before I found Filmora, and now I can't leave my new PC without installed this editing tool.

Pros

Lightweight, ease of use. I never have other software that not really resource consuming in video editing. The rendering process is also very fast and the quality is good.

Cons

Online functionalities somehow are too much, people need to be given freedom about how to use this software and where to publish their works.

Reasons for Choosing Filmora

Lighter weight in software size and resource requirements, faster performance.

Lower price
Eduardo

A great program for editing videos

Reviewed on 10/8/2022

It is a program that I have liked a lot, I have created a large number of videos with this software and it has facilitated some work when it comes to customizing them, as a content editor it has been one of the best programs I have used.

Pros

It has a very friendly interface that makes it easier to edit your first video, it has a large number of effects, filters, transitions and more tools so you can get a high-quality and professional video.

Cons

It can be a very heavy program, it can slow down certain teams, I would like it to have more tools for the audio section as effects since your options for audio are very scarce.

Ahmad
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Filmora (Hands Down most easy to use Video Editor)

Reviewed on 15/7/2022

Before using Filmora we were having trouble creating small infomercials about our products but those problems are completely taken care of by this Amazing value for money software.

Pros

With it's simple-looking interface Filmora is extremely Easy To Use with all the Great Basic And Intermediate Features one would expect from a great Video Editor. Lifetime Price of this software is also very reasonable as compare to other options. It offers faster rendering Of videos and also supports Screen Recording which we often do at our company.

Cons

There are not many aspects which i don't like about Filmora its Free Version Contains Watermarks which can be a hassle but the paid versions work as smoothly as any other video editing software out there.

Reasons for Switching to Filmora

The Pricing, overall UI and ease of using Filmora made us go with Filmora.
Muhammad
  • Industry: Graphic Design

My experience about Filmora by wondershare

Reviewed on 4/8/2021

Whether you are a freelancer or YouTuber or video editor. Filmora is the perfect video editor software for you. You can manage multiple projects at the same time by using the "save the project as a file" feature.
You can easily convert your text to video and can generate good content for social media. Whether you are a video editor or your skill is video creator, Filmora has many tools for you to be a professional.
But unfortunately, it is going to crash sometime and you may lose your whole project. so you need to be careful and keep saving your project every 10 minutes.
I have used Filmora a long time ago But now Filmora has been improved much more. I hope it is going to be a perfect place for a video editor and for content creators.

Pros

Screen recording and voice-over features are unique in Filmora and I don't think any software will have such amazing features too. Each time you are going to record the screen, you can show your mouse click and can roundabout a point and this is too much important.
Once you complete your recording, some unwanted noise is going to appear in your recording, You can remove that by using Noice remover. But doing this will delete some of your voice too. Now here Voiceover feature is going to help you a lot. You can easily record your script again and can make your video professional.

Cons

Blurring, Focusing, and other annotations are too much important for an editor person. But unfortunately
Filmore has no feature like this. You need to download some custom annotation if you want to use it in your project because it has no annotation by default.
Whenever I am going to use the noise removal tool, it is going to cut my audio also. Then again I use to record my particular script using the voice-over feature. I hope that the Filmora team will work on this and make it improve.

Yann
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used for 1+ year

A video editing software that isn't overly complicated

Reviewed on 14/5/2021

Pros

I really like the fact that Filmora is a video editing software that goes straight to the point. I might not necessarily all the bells and whistles of other video editing solutions but it does provide you with a relatively solid of features.

You'll be able to edit your videos and add some pretty cool effects to them, even if you aren't that much of a video editing wizard.

Plus, the platform's overall user interface and approach is quite clean and smooth: you can edit videos and tap into existing elements (effects, transitions, etc.) without having to learn every single thing about video editing.

I have used other video editing software in the past and I know that wanting to keep things as intuitive as possible is something that, unfortunately, doesn't always happen with video editing solutions.

Cons

While Filmora lets you tap into video editing even if you don't have much of a video editing skillset. However, as someone who has used another (and more advanced) video editing tool, I have felt that, sometimes Filmora has been quite limiting in terms of what could be done with videos.

It would say that Filmora's straightforward approach is a positive thing on the one side, but, at the same time, a limiting aspect on the other.

Hossamudin

Awesome editing software!

Reviewed on 26/4/2022

Great!

Pros

I like how easy it is to create a high quality video.

Cons

some features are not up to the high standards like colour correction... I have to do it on premiere, then continue editing on filmora.
Also, the audio editing features are too limited.

Adobe Premiere Pro and Camtasia

Easier use, better price-value

Reasons for Switching to Filmora

Mainly how easy it is, and price-value.
Hanseny
  • Industry: Media Production

Best software for video editing for the price

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

I have a new editor in my team and he didn't know this software the first day and that first day he did a 10 hours work , in like 2 to three hours. This software is so intuitive and simple to use.

Pros

Elegant, simple and effective interface for a video editing software. The best feature is the price. The second best feature is the easy way to use all the features.

Cons

Watermark on the free version. But it's a must on a software as good as this one. But other than that there’s no much that I can mention regards to the least I like.

• Industry: Entertainment

Better than other similarly priced choices

Reviewed on 20/8/2020

I use filmora to edit videos for my youtube platform and the best benefit for me in using it is that it doesn't crash as much as iMovie (I know macs aren't supposed to crash but sometimes they do) AND you can do simple trims of videos without even adding them to the timeline- you can do it in the preview box.

Pros

Filmora is easy to use for simple tasks like editing video and creating videos from photos and audio.

Cons

No specific cons with the software itself but one drawback of using it is that unlike imovie, there aren't thousands and thousands of tutorial videos on youtube, and not everyone is using it, so it takes a few more minutes to dig up information on how to do a specific task.

iMovie

iMovie
Dalmir

An app for everyone

Reviewed on 19/11/2021

If since 2016 I'm still using the software, it means that I love the software, and I've had a good experience, I can do wonders because I believe that the power is not only in the software but in the video editor itself, who knows how to bring editing to life.

Pros

Excluding the fact that I'm a Video Maker in the company, since 2016 I edit my videos for my YouTube channel with Filmora and the software and performance have already evolved a lot, it's good, it's easy and it's simple, beginners and experts at edition can use this software.

Cons

It's not all flowers, I'm against the fact that Filmora in full 2021 lacks resources, I was super happy when they added in the update ''make animation'' but still lack resources and need to put more resources for age above 18, it has some very childish templates, but it's nothing they can't improve.

Tauseef
  • Industry: Entertainment

The best and easy to use video editing software ever

Reviewed on 27/11/2020

I have been using this software for long for all my perosnal and professional videos, the most awsome thing in filmora is that it provide quality of effects, sounds, music and animation to the users for free.

Pros

I have been using Filmora since long, because it has a lot of free effects and musics and other video editing options that most of the software don't provide for free to their users.

Cons

The easiest software for video editing ever, I would say if one want to be a best video editor in a few days then there is no best choice than filmora.

Christopher
  • Industry: Medical Practice

The Best Film Editing Software On the Market

Reviewed on 15/9/2019

I first began using Filmora at my dental practice because my boss does dental news segments on television. I use Filmora to create videos to be played on the news. I am able to create videos and edit them to my liking, whether it's clipping videos, muting volume, adding music, transitions and titles. When searching for a video editing software, we used the trial of Filmora and instantly purchased the full version of the software after one use.

Pros

Filmora is the best film editing software on the market. What like most about the software is the simplicity. It's so easy to learn and use. The interface is super user-friendly, which makes the features easy to learn and utilize. I also like that once you purchase the paid version, Filmora is constantly updating new features, such as new filters. Last, once you're finished with your video, you are able to easily publish it in literally every format possible. It allows you to select the quality as well.

Cons

There's nothing about this software that I could ever complain about.

Sarah Nabih
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

My personal experience with Filmora in the montage world

Reviewed on 16/7/2022

Overall , My experience with filmora till now is a real delight . You do not need any experience to work with it as long as you have a good laptop with good rams , you are good to go .

Looking forward to a long term collaboration from now on using my favorite software in the field . 6 month as a happy user and counting …

Pros

The software has many pros . Honestly since I got it recommended by one of the colleagues I stopped using other softwares that do the same task .
This software is :
-Easier to be used ( user friendly ) than other softwares . It is a perfect fit for people who are new to the world of video editing and montage .
-Easy to edit or create a video from scratch with drag and dropping ( no complications here ) .
And most important of all and the real highlight is that it has a rich library . ( effects as well as music and transitions ) that are really easy to use .
-you simply do not need any other software integration to complete your task .It is a complete package , all what you need is there .

-Since I started to create educational and motivational videos for the university training department , filmora became my number one choice without competition .

Cons

Everything is perfect about the software , Maybe , there is a room for improvement regarding how it runs smoothly on less than average laptops regarding capability .

Though it is a piece of cake in the installation process , when I tried to work on my old laptop , I faced some issues in the rendering process , I t was somehow heavy on my laptop . As soon as I installed it on a better laptop regarding rams and capabilities , I faced no problems at all .

May be this is the only Con I faced that needs improvement .

Ricardo
  • Industry: Cosmetics

A nice tool for small business

Reviewed on 30/10/2021

Me and my wife use filmora to create advertising videos to our business. It is quite easy to use and allows to do the work by ourselves. We can integrate video, photos and music with the title and other effects to create a simple but effective announcement to be published on social networks (mostly)

Pros

Easy to use, works on any computer, does not require advanced knowledge of editing, eminently practical

Cons

The most beautiful features are by subscription only, can not retouch individual frames in a video, should implement cloud storage instead of local storage

Vimeo and Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Price and simplicity

The best video editing tool for beginners!

Reviewed on 26/4/2022

I’m pretty happy with Filmora. It gives me all I need to do a great editing job. I don’t need anything to fancy, so it is perfect, because is very easy to use. If you searching for a really professional video editing software, maybe Fimora isn’t for you, but it’s perfect to do basic editing and won’t disappoint you in quality.

Pros

The drag and drop function saves a lot of time. It have copyright- free sounds and music available. Exports to different formats. It has a bunch of presets and filters at your disposall.

Cons

It has a fully functional free version, but it has a watermark. I’d experienced some lagging, but only in the free version. Lacks on some more professional tools.

Evelyn
  • Industry: Media Production

Easy, fast and stunning videos

Reviewed on 13/2/2021

When I started with Filmora I was surprised by it's price, is very economic and it even has a lot of free graphics, effects and many things already done. I love using Filmora for small videos or things that I need to get done fast, it helps me a lot on running my blog and content creation aside to my production company.

Pros

Filmora is a very cheap and easy to use video editing software. I found about it on 2020 because I was looking for other options to do my edit as I had a trouble with the PC I use to work on video. Since Filmora is a software that is easy to handle I could use it from a small laptop and still be able to see all of its features.

Cons

I was used to Adobe Software so at the beginning it took me a few days to adapt to the platform, is a very different interface, especially to export, but then I stayed because it's another great option to make videos. I also like ot use it on my phone to make Instagram and Social Media content for personal use.

VEGAS Pro

Reasons for Choosing Filmora

Sony Vegas is kind of old, Filmora is much more trendy, easy to use and user friendly. Also is very cheap and I really really love that it can also be used on my phone or tablet.

Reasons for Switching to Filmora

It is cheap and user friendly