Filmora

Video editing software for marketing businesses

4.4/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.2/5

Kriti
Kriti
  • Industry: Entertainment

Fast and Friendly Video Editing Software for Content Creators!

Reviewed on 4/7/2021

If you have little to no knowledge of video editing, Wondershare's Filmora is your choice! You can create seamless, professional videos with the help of this software. Features that are a bit hard to get hold of in industry-accepted video editing softwares can easily be found here, and editing techniques like pan and zoom, speed effects, etc., can be applied with just a click of a button. It offers a number of user-friendly features and basically spoils you for choices with its range of effects, transitions, overlays, and text options. I would recommend this software to anyone who has close to zero knowledge of video editing but doesn't wish to depend on someone else for this particular work.

Pros

Wondershare's Filmora is an extremely easy-to-use video editing software. It is apt for beginners and content creators who wish to edit their videos in the easiest and the fastest ways possible. It has an interface that's easy to use and navigate, an excellent variety of overlays, effects and transitions, and once gotten hold of it, one can even edit high-end videos like short films, music videos, even documentaries and features using this software, If given a chance, this software is good enough to replace many high-end video editing softwares.

Cons

As a filmmaker, I happen to know that video editing requires immense patience, and is an extremely time-consuming task. It's heartbreaking when you are almost finished with the project and the software decides to lag and eventually crash. Although this is not a unique feature of this particular feature and most video editing softwares happen to crash from time to time, Filmora is no different in this specific aspect.

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Good to have video editing tool for quick effects for social media

Reviewed on 31/5/2022

Overall, this video editing tool solves my big problem for rendering lots of reels. No lagging while previewing as they use proxy videos. I can easily render larger videos that is more than 10 mins faster. Anyone who is not much experienced with video editing can easily access and learn every feature and start in no time.

Pros

I am using this to create Instagram reels and this tool consist of cool effects that will make my videos transition more beautiful and attractive with just one click.

Also, I loved their auto proxy video replacement that need to be done manually in other native apps like adobe. I really liked the user interface that is straightforward and takes no time to learn it.

Cons

I agree that this tool is not fully fledged video editing software but still they need to provide cloud access or at least provide free and open media that anyone can use inside application itself instead of uploading from outside.

And I will be happy to use it if they allow tabs or multiple windows to work on when one video is rendering, this reduces time for editing multiple videos.

Canva

Reasons for Choosing Filmora

Adobe premiere pro have lots of features to edit high end videos but it consumes same amount of ram for small videos too that makes my small videos take same amount of time. To reduce that rendering time I have switched to Filmora.

Rajesh
Rajesh
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

good video editor but the older version was best

Reviewed on 22/2/2021

although filmora is always my first choice always but i really wish if they can make it as cool as it was in the old version .

Pros

filmora go (android ) version is a video editor i am using from a long time . its 2nd video editor I used in my life first was power director.
lets begin with pros :-
1) available free on the play store for android (for some pro feature you need to buy it )
2) easy and handy even on a smartphone of less RAM it can work very good and will give you features like adding voice over and some stock free music which is not available in other video editor app .
3)a best feature it have is to choose the format of video as well as choose a background for it if you are using video format which have blank background this feature i have not seen in any of video editor .
4)the news updated version let you allow have your customized watermark easily on whole video by just tapping customized watermark option .

Cons

news version of the mobile app is not as good as it was earlier they made major changes due to so many user shifted from filmora to any other video editor some of them are :-
1) they added filmora watermark which mean you will have pay to remove that watermark of video .
2) whenever i produce any video in filmora their is somewhat change in the color tone of video quality most of the time produced video seem to be yellowish in color tone don't know hat can be reason for the same .
3) you have a limit of how much photographs you are using in the video it is something 30 photographs ne time . it means if you are making video of 40 photographs you have to produce 2 video and then join them .
4)limited number of subtitle
5) you cant write subtitle in Hindi language .

Claire
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great for creating compilation and supercut videos

Reviewed on 16/11/2023

An easy to use video editing tool, even for novices. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend for basic video editing and creating high quality video compilations.

Pros

It's really easy to edit videos in Filmora. I am not trained in video editing, but needed to create some videos for internal use in our company. I was able to create high quality content, stitching together lots of videos that were recorded by employees to create compilation videos that were smooth and professional.
It was far more cost effective than outsourcing the work, plus Filmora made it fun to do!

Cons

There could be more design options as there is a limited choice of fonts for text overlays and not a very wide selection of themes and filters. I would expect more from a paid-for product.

Anouar

A very nice and simple program, Filmora, is suitable for everyone

Reviewed on 12/3/2023

My experience is beautiful and I recommend it to anyone who is a beginner, easy and simple. All devices do not require high specifications.

Pros

Extracting the video is simple in several formats He shows you even how many MB or GB in size before extracting the video. You can share it on YouTube directly and extract the video in several formats. Beautiful sound effects if it is not enough to carry it. It has transition effects in a beautiful and distinctive video.Yes, it is easy to use, at the beginning it is a little difficult, but with the continuity of experience it will be easy, and the program works on all computers, even weak computers, and a beautiful design, all versions and types of Filmorathe prices :Suitable and cheap, it gives you a 7-day trial before choosing a plan. Each plan has its own advantagesPlus These are limited features so you knowCreative Assets Pro-Quality Visual Effects Template PresetsPortrait Matting Effects Filmora Cloud Storage ServiceFilmora Cloud Storage Minutes of Speech-To-Text

Cons

The program has flaws, but development is underway and it will improve more and more. An excellent program, according to my experience and according to many people in the worldWhat matters is its shortcomingsIt does not have full comprehensive featuresIn the first plan, only $ 49.99 is supported for Windows, in the opinion of why it is not in the Mac, Android and iPhone systemThey will bring in multiple customersThere is no payment in installments. There are people who can pay in installments that I know personally, despite a special price

Timothy
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Filmora Video Editing Software: Create Pro-Level Videos with ease

Reviewed on 11/9/2022

I love Filmora. It is the perfect fit for me. I make simple yet professional social media videos with it, and for me and most everyday people, that is enough.

Pros

1. Video editing - it allows you to edit videos by adding effects, transitions, and titles.

2. Audio editing - it lets you adjust audio levels and add background music for your video.

3. Motion graphics - this feature allows you to create custom animations with the help of the built-in templates and assets library.

4. 3D animation - this feature enables users to animate their videos by using 3D objects and backgrounds from the library or importing their own 3D models into Filmora's interface.

Cons

I only have one thing I am a bit disappointed about, and that is the price. They have a tier system like many companies for their templates, effects, audio library, etc; the free, standard, and premium options. I use it for free and always have. However, since the premium and standard have some top-shelf stuff, the cost can add up after a while, so I avoid it and do just fine.

Powerful Video Editing For Most Levels

Reviewed on 13/2/2021

I found it to be really good, especially for the price. Able to use and output various resolutions, codecs and formats. Has some mid-range to advanced features. Has more functionality and customisable elements than iMovie or Animoto, but doesn't cost as much anywhere near as much as Premiere Pro or other 'Pro' solutions.

Pros

Relatively easy to learn. Plenty of functionality and features to suit most needs. Delivers Pretty Good Results. Price of a perpetual license was very attractive.

Cons

I found the interface a bit clunky at times. The software crashed a few times unexpectedly. Creating titles and transitions seemed to take longer than necessary and the bundled title templates were limited for my uses.

Animoto

Reasons for Choosing Filmora

Needed more functionality that iMovie didn't have. Wondershare offers very good pricing options.

iMovie

Price and hardware requirements

Perfect for getting started with video editing

Reviewed on 16/5/2022

I use it everyday and make YouTube videos for my clients. easy to create eye catching videos.

Pros

It's like easy! just drop some video and photos and put a music under it and DONE! you have your video. It has a good amount of transitions and video effects. Some solid colors and objects that you may use. The export quality is fantastic.

Cons

The editing part is a bit weird, it's like you are driving in UK, I'm not sure why they chose to reverse clipping and cutting videos. Most of the time I have to focus on not screwing up the video timeline but accidently deleting or editing a clip. I hope they change it to a more universal editing mode.

George Rex
George Rex

A Better Alternative to Adobe Premiere Pro

Reviewed on 21/4/2021

I've really become a good video editor by just the use of Filmora, self-taught. Filmora made me realize that video editing was no rocket science after all.

Pros

Filmora was easier to use than Adobe Premiere Pro. The fact that I could do simple adjustments like audio detaching and clip transitions were really amazing. The pack of beautiful transitions and effects are without doubt very impressive.

Cons

I really don't fancy why and how newer versions of Filmora cannot open project files built with older versions of the software, like two major updates backwards.

For example, I tried opening a Filmora 8 project with Filmora X (i.e. version 10), it refused to open or even convert the file to a newer version. I don't know why this is happening, but to me, it is not applaudable.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Filmora Regular Usage Review

Reviewed on 13/5/2022

My Overall experience with filmora was amazing.

My Overall experience with filmora was amazing.

Pros

I love the software's advancedness with video editing, there is nothing less than the top of what you can do with filmora for the fantastic availability.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about this software is that it is not that simple to understand off the bat, but after a while it is gettable.

Aria
  • Industry: Publishing

Simplest But Powerful Video Editor Ever

Reviewed on 25/2/2022

I've been a professional video editor for many years, I used many software before I found Filmora, and now I can't leave my new PC without installed this editing tool.

Pros

Lightweight, ease of use. I never have other software that not really resource consuming in video editing. The rendering process is also very fast and the quality is good.

Cons

Online functionalities somehow are too much, people need to be given freedom about how to use this software and where to publish their works.

Reasons for Choosing Filmora

Lighter weight in software size and resource requirements, faster performance.

Lower price
Majeed Mohammed
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Packed with very great features

Reviewed on 27/10/2021

Filmora is a very wonderful video editing software. What I find most useful about Filmora is that it has found a very practical great middle-ground niche -- which is that it has fairly advanced features that make it very versatile and useful, but not too sophisticated to require a high learning curve and significant skill to master.

Pros

The set of features on offer is truly amazing for such an easy-to-learn software. I particularly found their pre-made 3D LUTS and video stabilization functions surprisingly effective and easier to execute that in other more sophisticated video editing software I had used in the past.

Cons

The text options can be expanded to provide much more variety than is currently available. Editing big content can also be a bit laggy at times.

Ahmad
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Filmora (Hands Down most easy to use Video Editor)

Reviewed on 15/7/2022

Before using Filmora we were having trouble creating small infomercials about our products but those problems are completely taken care of by this Amazing value for money software.

Pros

With it's simple-looking interface Filmora is extremely Easy To Use with all the Great Basic And Intermediate Features one would expect from a great Video Editor. Lifetime Price of this software is also very reasonable as compare to other options. It offers faster rendering Of videos and also supports Screen Recording which we often do at our company.

Cons

There are not many aspects which i don't like about Filmora its Free Version Contains Watermarks which can be a hassle but the paid versions work as smoothly as any other video editing software out there.

Reasons for Switching to Filmora

The Pricing, overall UI and ease of using Filmora made us go with Filmora.
Hope

Filmora Review

Reviewed on 11/2/2021

Very bad. I didnt like it

Very bad. I didnt like it

Pros

Love the fact that its timeline is easy to use
Love it because it has more effects and presets which are also quite easy to use than what I was using before

Cons

I hate Filmora because it hangs very much which makes it hard for me to work with it because of my many projects which sometimes are urgent
Filmora does not have the synchronize feature so that I can use when producing my music
Filmora is not very consistent when arranging videos' in the timeline,you cannot rely on especially when making long videos' with many videos' and transitions

Bray

FILMORA is the best!

Reviewed on 27/1/2022

Great! Makes us a successful company!

Great! Makes us a successful company!

Pros

Ease of use. Professional product and it puts out the best rendered videos!

Cons

Honestly this product is perfect!! It works so good for us and has no drawbacks.

Matt
  • Industry: Media Production

Quick to Learn/Use, Powerful Enough for 99% People, Best Performance-to-Price Ratio

Reviewed on 12/12/2022

My editing skills grow with Filmora. I started using it when it was version 7. As they upgrade, my editing skills continue to improve. I have been using Final Cut Pro in the past with my iMac. But as soon as I switched to PC, I need something that I can quickly get going. In many ways, the interface is somewhat similar to Final Cut and I was able to adapt to Filmora quite quickly.

Pros

- Fast editing workflow (simple, yet everything is there)- Very stable editing environment (zero crash, except previous version Filmora X)- Make full use of a graphic card capability (I am using GeForce RTX3060)- Relatively fast rendering (not the fastest in the market, but fast enough)- Many of the advanced functions from Filmora Pro (a higher-tier version of Filmora) is now available in Filmora- The Filmora Effect Store has tons of add-on to choose from (for a reasonable price)

Cons

- Filmora X was one of the most disappointing version. It crashed quite often if the project gets bigger. But it is a thing in the past now. Filmora 11 is very stable and version 12 beta is out. I did not experience such things in version 11.- Rendering speed is fast, but can be faster. I noticed the CPU usage is relatively low during the rendering phase. Maybe more optimizations algorithm can be deployed in the future version.- The colour grading / correction function is relatively primitive. But still good enough for most people.

thenuka
  • Industry: Online Media

Best Video editing/Creating software for everyone

Reviewed on 4/6/2020

so overall when compared to the price you pay, this software package is a great deal for everyone.

Pros

This software is one of the most easiest software that a person can use. It basically includes almost all the feature you need to edit a video. The best thing is, you do not need to have any sort of knowledge to use it. you will eventually figure out what to do. the platform is very user friendly. It also features a lot of things like chroma key and other effects that you need to create a professional video. It also come with those ever growing effect pack which make the video look amazing. I have been using filmora since I started my high school and I am still using this to create my videos. I think this is the best deal that you can for for this price. When compared to other video editors, this provides the user a good experience even for beginners.

Cons

There are plenty of things to be improved as well. The designing side is missing from this software. If I need to design or invent some graphic content, I don't think that I can do it within the software itself. and the other thing is, it takes a lot of time when saving a video. and there are some transitions which are too cartoony. I can only add 2 videos tracks. So i think this software will be better with more professional looking effects, transition and also with a designing tools which will make this software package complete.

Frederico
  • Industry: Design

Anyone edit videos with this software!

Reviewed on 25/4/2022

Pros

After I discovered this software, I never looked for another video editor again. Anyone without technical knowledge can use it. You can take audio in and out, cut and insert videos or images and subtitles in various layers of the timeline and it provides libraries of amazing visual effects. Anyone looking for an affordable solution, this is the way to go and it's worth it. Just download the free trial version. There are also several tutorials on youtube that teach you how easy it is to work with it.

Cons

I've been using this software for a while and so far I haven't had any negative experience or anything I say that might make it difficult to use. I think it's an excellent product even compared to other premium editors on the market.

Luca
Luca

Filmora is the "cheap" version of the most advanced video editing software

Reviewed on 27/3/2021

I basically went for Filmora because we couldn't afford to change the computer and so I'm quite grateful to Filmora for that, although I can't say it's the best video editing software on the market... it does its job!
(clearly not for super-professional users.. but I guess no real PRO are considering moving to FIlmora)

Pros

Using Filmora is quite simple and intuitive. We started by testing Filmora9 and then, having determined that it was right for us, we moved on to FilmoraPro. In reality, they are two completely different programs: the Pro is definitely a more complete and complex program to use, so at the beginning, the learning curve was steeper than expected, but in a few hours of testing and following online video trials we managed to master its main functions!

What I did like the most is that it doesn't require a super-advanced Pc to run quite well (not perfectly, but good enough): with an old MacBook Air with i7 and 8Gb of RAM Filmora works!

Cons

The main problem we had with Filmora is that it crashes often... but I guess this is also due to the machine (the MacBook Air) not very powerful! And anyway, this problem is common with most video editing software!

And another aspect to point out is that it generates an incredibly huge Cache file, so it fills up 200Gb of HD in a few hours of work, especially while exporting...

Oh, the last thing: because it needs to be logged in to allow you to export without the "watermark" you'll always need to connect the Pc to the internet before exporting...

John Erriz
John Erriz

Most Convenient tools for beginners to professionals when it comes to Video Editing

Reviewed on 17/2/2023

overall, I like filmora. I've been using it for almost a year now. It improves my viewers in youtube and tiktok

Pros

I like Filmora because it's very convenient, I like their pre-templated designs, split screens, and titles, Color grading is not that too complex compared to others.

Cons

they said before that their plans are lifetime, but suddenly they took it and change it to a perpetual plan, we can't update to a later version unless we pay an additional fee, and I don't like that. It's expensive

Response from Wondershare

Hi John. Thanks for your love of this software. I understand your confusion about our license policy, and we'd like to explain it in more detail and then assist you further.

The current Filmora 12 is an amazing new version with AI-related features bringing the tool to a new level. For such versions to launch, it requires our company to invest huge efforts, time, and technicians in the research and development of software. That is why we specified in our license policy that users who have a perpetual license might be charged for a major upgrade. However, users who own a lifetime plan since Filmora9 or an older version can upgrade to the latest version for free.

Or if ever you have any other inquiries or concerns, our lines are always open for you 24/7. You may also drop an email at [email protected]. It's our priority to continue providing top-notch service for you!

Anthony
Anthony
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Don't Buy: They keep stealing your money

Reviewed on 17/12/2023

Pros

It only steals my money once a year or so.

Cons

This is how they continuously steal money from me:

1) "An updated version of Filmora is available, would you like to install it?"
2) I click yes. It installs.
3) I spend many hours making a project. Then when I go to export it...
4) "You are using the free version of this updated software. Would you like to export with watermark, or purchase the watermark-free version?"
5) I click neither, and opt to go back to the previous version of Filmora that I had already purchased.
6) The project that I spent many hours working will not open in the previous version.

Thus, I have to choose between paying for the new version, exporting with a watermark, or starting the project all over again. I fell for this once, forgot about it, then fell for it again today. I am sadly paying for yet another update of Filmora that I don't necessarily want, but am forced to pay for lest I lose many hours of work. They won't fool me again. Even though I purchased their latest update today, I'm immediately deleting the program and never using it again.

Response from Wondershare

We are sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with the Filmora upgrade. I'd like to address your concerns one by one, hopefully, it will help you.

There are some effects, resources, and features that are updated on version 13, this is the reason that the project created in 13 couldn't be opened in an older version. You may contact the Filmora team to request a temporary license to export your current project and then edit new projects on the version 12 you purchased.

The current Filmora 13 is an amazing new version with AI-related features bringing the tool to a new level. That is why we specified in our license policy that users who have a perpetual license might be charged for a major upgrade. However, users who own a lifetime plan since Filmora9 or an older version can upgrade to the latest version for free. Please drop an email at [email protected] if you need assistance further. Thank you!

David

Waste of time and money!

Reviewed on 8/10/2023

I bought and downloaded Filmora12 for my PC. The program immediately and constantly began crashing. It is unusable. I tried to contact the customer service, but it is impossible via their webpage. I was forced to leave negative comments via their Facebook page to get any attention. They responded by asking for my email. They continued to give me the run-around via email instead of providing a refund. What was supposed to be a long weekend full of productivity has been reduced to wasted time and money due to Wondershare/Filmora. Overall, extremely horrible experience due to a bad product and horrible service!

Pros

Was supposed to be my chief video editing program. Layout looks good and the feature list is great.

Cons

Does not work. Immediately began crashing.feature list does not matter when it isn't usable.Customer service is impossible to contact.Company does not care about the customers and will only give you the run-around.

Response from Wondershare

We apologize for any difficulties you may have experienced in reaching our customer service team. We understand the frustration that can come with not being able to reach a representative, and we are committed to addressing this issue as quickly as possible. Please know that we are actively working to improve our customer service processes to ensure that we can assist all customers in a timely manner.

Filmora team always values customers' user experience and we are always aiming at improving the performance and features of this software. So, would you please report the crash issue you encountering with more details at [email protected]? Our product team can improve it in a more targeted manner. Thanks a lot for your time and patience!

Hanseny
Hanseny
  • Industry: Media Production

Best software for video editing for the price

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

I have a new editor in my team and he didn't know this software the first day and that first day he did a 10 hours work , in like 2 to three hours. This software is so intuitive and simple to use.

Pros

Elegant, simple and effective interface for a video editing software. The best feature is the price. The second best feature is the easy way to use all the features.

Cons

Watermark on the free version. But it's a must on a software as good as this one. But other than that there’s no much that I can mention regards to the least I like.

Mamadou
Mamadou

Great video editing software

Reviewed on 23/6/2022

The ease with which high quality video can be produced is something I really like.

Pros

I like that filmora is well made, has a customized model, and can be used however the user sees fit. A video montage service that uses slide-and-place is quite simple. The interface is incredibly simple to use.

Cons

Some features, such color correction, fall short of expectations. We must complete it using a different piece of software before moving on to Filmora. Additionally, there aren't enough options for audio editing.

• Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

video creator

Reviewed on 23/3/2023

Pros

Filmora is known for its ease of use and user-friendly interface, which makes it a popular choice for beginner and intermediate video editors. It offers a wide range of features and effects, including basic editing tools, text and title options, filters, overlays, transitions, and special effects, which allow users to create visually compelling videos.

Cons

Filmora remains a popular and widely-used video editing software that offers a range of features and effects for creating visually compelling videos.

Response from Wondershare

Thanks for taking the time to write a comprehensive review seeing from features, interface design, and performance of Filmora, and we are thrilled to hear that you love this software.