Filmora

Video editing software for marketing businesses

4.5 /5 (228 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.5
4.3
4.6
4.3
Ndereyimana P.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Best affordable and easy video editing software

Reviewed on 4/1/2021

Well i started using this in high school for quick video editing which at that time i used for basic needs which really helped me out for a time.
i have been considering this since high for an easy inexpensive and quick video editing software even i do use it sometimes in my church
Briefly, this software have been so useful to me than many.

Pros

i would recommend this software to any one who want an easy video editor with a high level of video editing features compared to other softwares which not only can be expensive but also not easy to use.
A great thing about this software is that not only its inexpensive but has a lot of features, templates ,themes,effects,tools and titles which may be not available in different other softwares for free.
This is a unique thing about this software,Producing a high quality video for almost nothing.
I love it.

Cons

Well i would like this program to add more and more tools compared to other programs like adobe premier
which could add more space to the users unlimited.
Filmora should add something about audio quality improvement on making videos and also add some sound effects in it.
The new upgraded version is so disappointing because it removed some features of the old one which were necessary like the video speed control.
Nothing more to dislike about this

Nadeemur R.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Video Editing is very Simple in Filmora

Reviewed on 30/9/2020

Filmora is a very easy software to use. Editing videos in Filmora is very easy. It is userfriendly software. If you are stuck while editing, you can watch tutorials which will help you to get all your doubt cleared. In my opinion, Filmora is the best video editing software that I have ever used.

Pros

Filmora is one of the best software to edit videos. The awesome part about Filmora is that it is the perfect software to do simple editing. There are many features like transition feature which help to add a transition to our video. The interface is also very good and easy to navigate.

Cons

Filmora is a wonderful tool to edit videos. However, the software takes a lot of time to open. Another issue is that while I am working my PC functions very slowly. The performance of my PC is reduced sharply. This is very annoying as I am not able to work efficiently.

Hanseny R.
Industry: Media Production

Best software for video editing for the price

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

I have a new editor in my team and he didn't know this software the first day and that first day he did a 10 hours work , in like 2 to three hours. This software is so intuitive and simple to use.

Pros

Elegant, simple and effective interface for a video editing software. The best feature is the price. The second best feature is the easy way to use all the features.

Cons

Watermark on the free version. But it's a must on a software as good as this one. But other than that there’s no much that I can mention regards to the least I like.

Widens P.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Filmora is Complete for New Adventurers in Video Making

Reviewed on 12/7/2020

As a Social Media Coordinator, I used Filmora in most of my work. It's really helpful to me in many cases.

Pros

I have been using Filmora for a long time, and it makes my videos look great, like movies. I use lots of stunning animations while using this software. While using Filmora, I am less stressed!

Cons

When I didn't have the registered version of Filmora yet, there always be a watermark showing up. At first, it makes me so mad until I get registered.

Joseph D.
Industry: Design

The best Premiere Pro alternative

Reviewed on 23/1/2020

Filmora has helped me to edit amazing videos for my clients, especially Youtubers. It is fast and lightweight and has amazing templates that are beginner friendly.

Pros

I love Filmora because of the simple timeline and the ability to share edited videos directly to YouTube. It has amazing templates that can be easily customised. It is a beginner friendly video editing software.

Cons

I don't like the pricing and customer support. Also the trial version has limited functionality unlike other editing softwares out there.

Rajesh C.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Perfect video editor

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 20/5/2019

Pros

Filmora go for Android is the best app for video editing I have used due to various reasons
It's free
Simple and easy
We can add so many photos so ma y videos and edit them with sound,music,voiceover,filter,overlays , transition all at one place .
The transition ,music,and many preloaded assets are pretty good but if you want more of it you can buy in it.
The logo of filmora shows at the end of your video that is really a very nice gesture by the team . This logo is not disturbing like other video editing apps logo which get stick to screen and eat space of screen

Cons

The app is perfect some more filters and overlays can be added .
App must react mor fast when finishing the project but everyone knows more the size of video more it will take time

Vanessa A.
Industry: Writing & Editing

Easy upgrades

Reviewed on 15/11/2020

I've found the video editor easy to use. I like that exisiting titles and openers are transfered over to the new update. I also like that it offers dark mode.

Pros

I've been using the Filmora video editor for a few years now. The user interface is easy to use. It is also great for someone who is just learning to edit video. It provides the basic software along with intro and sample titles.
You can make a one time purchase or pay annually. I made a one time purchase and haven't regretted it. The updates are free. You can also download additional titles and other add ons for free or at a price.

Cons

I can't find any real cons aside from I wish you could adjust the font size of the menus for easier reading.

Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

You videoediting bestfriend!

Reviewed on 31/7/2019

Pros

I'm part of the engagement team of our company and every week, we are presenting videos documenting different activities in our company. Filmora is a lit. It is easy to use. They also have lot of filters and video animation. You can also use their sample video templates or create your own. Easy to personalize. If you are a vlogger, might want to try this as well. You can install filmora on you mobile phones so you can edit videos wherever you are.

Cons

I think it would be awesome if they could offer more options for the filter and animation.

Response from Wondershare

Thanks for your support and distinguished feedback. I will record and forward it to the relevant department and update this as a customized option. Any further problems or concerns please don't hesitate to submit a ticket to http://support.wondershare.com/#/contact. The customer care team will email you a solution within 24 hours.

Nabeel S.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Best Video Editor ever!!

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 31/5/2020

I use filmora for almost all of my designs, is a great editor. Recent futures in particular are awesome!I have been rendering to make videos for a school friend and presentations for office even for personal use. I soon realized I found a better solution ever for my life in the world of video creation, I 'm getting even more footage than I wanted/expected.

Pros

Filmora is a program for video editing developed by Wondershare to make life simple and efficient. You can instantly create videos like as an expert with excellent transformations and impacts, simply cut and paste and conveniently post on Youtube.you 'd get $59.99 back by the lifetime license. You have two options for your annual subscription: The simple $39.99 / year edition that gives your lifetime license precisely what you are going to get.The software provides everything you need to achieve technical results at a market price.

Cons

Filmora is perfect if you need anything other than Windows Video Maker 's old one. But it's a difficult method to download (paid) models from the library, program changes between local and online deployment. Any time you use Filmore, you have re-login. In my view this could be marginally changed.

Oriana veruska G.
Industry: Accounting

Excellent for video editing

Reviewed on 27/8/2018

Overall working with filmora has been an amazing experience for me, I don't see myself working with another video editing software in the future since this one offers everything I need, I truly recommend it.

Pros

I've never been an expert at video editing, but ever since I started using wondershare filmora for creating our presentation videos in our company I have never used another tool for it, using this software is so easy and intuitive, from the first time I used it I got the hang of the dragging and dropping feature. Cropping videos, adding or substracting music, animations, it is all so easy to do.

Cons

This is a hardware demanding software, if you don't want to get constrantly frustrated use the best pc you have available, it will eat through your ram memory like it's nothing, it makes my 8 gb ram memory seem as if it were 8mb.

Kelly V.
Industry: Accounting

great movie making app

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

Pros

very easy to use. Has lots of media and effects to use for making movies.

Cons

There's actually nothing that I do not like about this software. It's pretty amazing.

Response from Wondershare

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback! :) We do try our best to offer the best support we can, then try improve on it more. Let us know if you need any help! We are here for you.

Industry: Sporting Goods

Good program overall

Reviewed on 30/5/2019

It does the job. I wish that editing some of the elements could go further than they do. Even simple color changes are sometimes difficult or impossible. But that aside as I said it does the job.

Pros

Fairly simple, a good amount of options for editing, good features offered for stock effects and some music.

Cons

When the new version came out it was buggy, biggest issue was that is was not backward compatible with the other older versions. All my work was lost on the two videos that I had in the works when the update came down. I was also not able to get the former version any longer to finish my work. So I had to start over from scratch.

Tayyab S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great for a beginners!

Reviewed on 18/7/2020

Filmora is good for beginners because it offers basic functionality and features. It helps me in simple video editing without going for a complex tool like adobe premier. I use multiple of beautiful covers given in Filmore for my videos.

Pros

There are multiple preset options in Filmora and allow to upload media and audion easily and smartly. It has quick Video Edits/Trim feature to save time and an excellent collection of Effects& Transitions. There are multiple great features of Filmore such as 4K Video& GIF output, easy to use interface, user friendly, and many more.

Cons

Sometimes Filmora Lag and computer resource consumption make things complex. It increases the size of the video unexpectedly after editing. The tool has some cartoony transitions and there is no new audio added.

Kenneth B.
Industry: Graphic Design
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Intuitive video editor

Reviewed on 4/6/2019

Pros

It has a very intuitive interface it does not have the learning curve like any other softwares,it has a lot of options to choose from,its simple and sleek interface allows begginers to use the software with ease.it has a lot of effects you can use to attain professional looking edits.its simple and a very convenient software to use when doing basic video editing.

Cons

I constantly encounter some bugs whenever i edit my videos,it lags when i add some effects it uses most of my ram and my pc just lags,the effects and animations are limited and not that good looking.

Tyler T.

Easy to use, yet very powerful

Reviewed on 10/4/2018

Pros

Wondershare Filmora was my first paid video editing software. Before it I was using Openshot and Shotcut, and while both of those are very good Filmora simply blows them out of the water. Simply line up your videos, drag and drop your sound and you are good to go, so easy!

Cons

Sometimes when editing with Filmora it will lag and freeze. This was happening on a PC with 16GB of memory, so it was very annoying.

Darren G.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Simple to use Video Editor

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Very happy with this software and would recommend it to anyone who wants an easy to get going video editor with lots of professional features.

Pros

It so easy to use and get stated with. As someone who doesn't have a lot of video editing experience I was able to create a video in a short amount of time. They have a lot of good sounds included as standard as well as visual effects. They also provide an effects store where you can buy more. The software is constantly being updated and so it gets even better.

Cons

It would have been good if they provided more video tutorials on how to get the best out of it and also to help develop your video editing ability.

Miroslav S.
Industry: Photography
Company size: Self Employed

Great software for beginners !!!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 1/1/2021

I used this software to see what opportunities it provides. I tried all the features and everything works great.

Pros

I have been using professional video softwares for years. I installed the filmmaker out of curiosity because I read the good reviews and they are really justified. This software is very easy to use. Given the functions that this software provides us, the price is quite correct.

Cons

If you are a beginner and do simple video editing, this software is the right thing for you. For that reason, I can only praise this software.

Upulanka P.
Industry: Media Production

Filmora - The easiest multimedia creation tool

Reviewed on 28/4/2020

The overall my experience with Filmora is 95% positive. This tool is extremely useful to youtube content creators.

Pros

The most beneficial thing about Fillmora is it provides super easy user interface. People without higher media or technology knowledge / experience can learn with Filmora easily. Another advantage is it has predefined animations and effects for all kinds of multimedia. Also there are wide ranges of output formats.

Cons

The major drawback is it will take more time to export longer media. And external plugins and tools support is also little bit lower.

Chamara W.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Make professional looking videos in minutes.

Reviewed on 31/7/2019

This is a very easy to learn video editing software. Tools are very easy to use and can create very good looking results easily. I have been using this to create simple video clips for a while and haven't looked back since.

Pros

1. Very easy to use.
2. Solid interface.
3. Tons of features.
4. Good transition collection.
5. Light weight software.

Cons

1. Application does not accept all kind of video format.
2. Video processing and export time is bit slow.

Gil B.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

A powerful video editing software

Reviewed on 7/4/2020

Filmora is the software I use for my YouTube channel videos, it's very easy to use for common features as well as it uses my GPU, it has a very large royalty free media library, also you can see the results without the need to render through the whole video. Online support with demo are easy to find yet not always easy to follow (many steps).

Pros

You can start edit your videos in an amature level without a problem, it has many royalty free media library.

Cons

For advance features you would probably need a guide or a tutorial video (which you can find online)

Maria F.
Industry: Program Development

Without a doubt, a great tool

Reviewed on 29/8/2018

It is always a useful tool!

Pros

The whole program is very intuitive, I do not need to be an expert or I have studied a whole manual for its use. It's very cheap

Cons

there is no option that allows you to more easily search for a transition you want

Jesse R.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Filmora did what needed it to do.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Pros

I liked that I was able to figure it out without a lot of problems. It was able to get the video clip that I needed to put together.

Cons

It was not the easiest to use. Took a little time to figure it out, but wasn't terrible. I'd use it again if I needed to.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Scott B.

Great, basic video editing software.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 17/4/2018

Finally edited my first video clip!

Pros

I've always avoided editing video clips. I take a bunch, but they just sit on my hard drive forever.

This software actually made it pretty simple to stitch and cut clips together, and I just recently pushed out my first video (without even reading any of the directions). Most of the software is plain drag-and-drop, and with a little bit of trial and error anyone can put together a decent clip.

Much easier than learning the ropes of Finalcut Pro or Adobe Premiere!

Cons

Wish there was a bit more customization available for things such as the text effects (flipping things, changing small design elements).

Wish you could have the ability to add more layers than what they give you (two music, one text, one transition, one video clip).

Don't need the constant notifications of new "packages" I can buy for the software.

Bobby S.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

A great subtitute.

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 13/9/2019

Allowing me to edit video a lot easier than other alternatives.

Pros

I like the ease of adding layers and extracting audio. The interface is very user friendly and exporting is easy.

Cons

Some of it's limitations. I like to see ways to clarify my videos and the ability to synchronize my audio easier.

Jayson M.
Industry: Publishing

A Solid Cheap Option for Film Editing

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

Filmora will get the job done, but you might be better off using more a polished software.

Pros

Filmora has all of the basic film editing tools that you'd ever need to get started editing basic footage.

Cons

It's not much more than the basic tools. For a product that I want to create lots of footage on, it seems like there might be better options.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10